Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


3,501 to 3,550 of 5,910 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

YEah incorporeal's maintain ye olde fashioned crit immunity.

Toshio swings wildly with the blade in an attempt to strike back at his attacker. Kerrec lands a bolt easily and the shadow screams in pain.

Camillo attempts to end the conflict with an arcanely charged strike but the shadow's flickering form proves difficult to strike. Vidar moves to enchant Rullis who in turn moves to enchant Kithian's blade, [b]Strike it down!/b] yells the cleric, and the barbarian responds with his signature overhead chop bellowing with all his might to bring the blade down. The sheen of magical force brought by Rullis' spell clashes against the shadow as the falchion falls and the creature tears in half as the sword completed its swing.

Another kerACK signals a breaking tomb and the room is silent. Dust fills the room but is slowly settling. It appears the threat is over.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio works his weakend and stiffend limbs holding the magical jagged sword.
Give my living foes anyday. Kithian, Camillo makes a good point, perhaps you should carry his magical sword if he can enchant any weapon. There may be more of these undead shadows.

He holds up his weak and cold hand.
Thier touch is...not pleasant.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"I will hand you the blade - you have but to ask."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian looks at the others then around the room. [B]Maybe I should for now. I will give it back when we leave this damned place.[\b]


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Without a word, Camillo begins to remove the swordbelt and sheathe and, wrapping it into a bundle, passes it over to his friend.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Hmmm, clearly we need to proceed with outmost caution, Vidar holds up his hands in a placating gesture, not that we haven't done so already mind you."

I'm hoping that if there are more perils to be overcome, there might also be more treasures, or learning.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo nods, pats the handaxe on his belt, and starts searching the room for anything of interest.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian takes the his long sword straped to the side of his pack and hands it over to the bard. use mine for now, we may run into something normal down here.


As everyone discusses their strapping swords, Rullis takes a moment to re-prepare his Magic Weapon spell using the pearl he purchased earlier.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Perfect! I didn't realize you had a longsword - is it mundane or masterwork? (My 'magic' only grants a bonus to damage, not attacks, so every little bit helps.)


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Sorry, normal longsword. Kithian is broke as hell.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

You know, for a rogue, my coinpurse is pretty light, too. Perhaps I need to reconsider how he spends his downtime...


Cam notes a gint of metal through one of the cracks in sarcophagi, maybe gold?

Kno History DC 20:
n the time of Thassilon architects of prestige were buried within their finest works. Usuall with their possessions and final payment. This maintained secrecy for the client and offered great reward in the next life for the architects...or so it was believed.


Kno History is for anyone. Otherwise there is a SSSeEECCCcrreeettt DDoorrr...that you all noticed already...


Knowledge? Bah!

"Hey, what's this over here?"


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Knowledge:History1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Given the noise in each Sarcoghogai it would be prudent to check inside


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"We're not going to disturb more of those shadow things, right?"


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

While the others check on the sarcophogi, Kerrec slips over to the secret door to listen at it.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"My knowledge of undead is more limited than that of a cleric, but I do not believe that a shadow is likely to sprout from opening a Sarcophagi.
HOWEVER, that being said, what is inside it could also be deadly in the form of a corporeal undead of some strength."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Still, it may be worth the risk.Toshio relays the knowledge:history spoiler to everyone Are you not curious, Vidar?


Kno Religion 15:
Shadows are the spirits of those who typically die terror stricken deaths. Once dispersed they do not return and the bodies are empty and free from further risk of animation.

Kerrec hears nothing at the door save for his companions discussing the tombs.

Tombs or door? Tombs or door...


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

I aint afraid of no ghost.
Kithian aproaches the tomb and tries to look inside.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar pulls a little on his beard, considering.
Finally he gives Toshio a curt nod.
"Of course, the bodies might well hail from Thassalon itself, there may be all manner of lore to be had."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio sets a stance and readies a thrust should the body come alive as Kithian opens the door.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The cracks in the sarcophagi make it easy to release the tomb lids in pieces, making entry much easier. Contained there in are bodies, dressed in foreign style, long turned to nothing but bone. There is treasure, the rewards and objects of value buried with these people in their place of final rest:

Stats are (Spell Level/Caster Level)

Potion of Cure serious wounds {3rd/5th} : 750gp
Divine Scroll, Owl's wisdom {2nd/3rd} : 150gp
Arcane Scroll, Arcane eye {4th/7th} : 700gp
Masterwork Knife : 324gp
Potion of Neutralize poison {3rd/5th} : 750gp
Potion of Remove fear {1st/1st} : 50gp
Half-plate Armor 600 gp
Potion of Sanctuary {1st/1st} : 50gp [+]
Curve blade, elven 80 gp
Feather token, fan : 200gp
Potion of Hide from undead {1st/1st} : 50gp
Potion of Magic fang {1st/1st} : 50gp
Thassilon Engineer's outfit 4gp

Gems and Jewels Breakdown
Freshwater (irregular) pearl 3gp, Chalcedony 23gp, Smoky quartz 13gp, Chalcedony 14gp, Turquoise 4gp, Moonstone 16gp, Moonstone 14gp, Bloodstone 13gp, Turquoise 6gp, Agate 3gp, Lapis lazuli 3gp, Tigereye 1gp, Hematite 3gp

Coins Breakdown
pp: 8
gp: 133
sp: 560
cp: 1500

Assume identification happens later, or you can start rolling now.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo lets out a low whistle as the items are retrieved. He picks up the knife, checking its balance and heft. In games terms, is there anything special about the knife? 324gp seems high for a masterwork dagger, so I thought I would ask.

He sorts out the coins into their denominations. Looking at the large pile of copper, he says, "There are those that would appreciate that much coin, of any type. I'm not sure I look forward to carrying it out of here, though."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec's head whips around hearing Camillo's whistle and observation. Peering over the bard's shoulder his eyes widen. "It seems the Thassilonian's valued coin in a different fashion than we do."

He picks up the half plate, examining its quality and cut and then puts it down. "I had been hoping to upgrade my armor but I fear half plate would be too ungainly."


Mhmm yes, the knife is silvered, sorry.

Many of the objects have a slightly different "flavor" to them, stylistic differences both in the way they conceived magic and the format of their objects. Perhaps only interesting to Vidar is that even items of foreign make, like the elven curve blade, do not seem to be lacking in this "otherness" of the empire of the past


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

The horses can share the load comfortably. Grab anything useful and we can return


Brushing the dust off, Rullis picks up several of the potion bottles. "How old are these? These things can't possibly be good after, what, centuries? Millenniums?" He stashes the potions in his bag. "Maybe Father Zantus will know.." he says as he carefully places each potion inside.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar also leans over to inspect the contents of the Sarcophagi; at hearing Kerrec's comment Vidar smiles softly.

"It is a fairly common tradition amongst many older civilizations to be buried with one's material wealth.
From this, modern scholars have derived the idea that many civilizations believed in an afterlife with values similar to the ones that they experienced in life itself.
These items were more than likely intended to buy the deceased a comfortable existence beyond death."

Hearing Rullis make a comment, Vidar also picks up a potion bottle and swirls it around a little.
"Oh, do not worry about that master Stillman, magic does not normally dissipate. And the lords of Thassalon were far more capable than most anyone living today.
What they created is sure to have withstood the test of time...
Assuming of course that the vessel it travelled in remains undamaged."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian positivly beems at the others. All this loot will buy a bunch of booze!


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo chuckles, "That it may, that it may. In the meantime, I'd like to carry the knife if no one minds. I don't know what most of these things are, but I know what to do with a knife as well balanced as this. We can sell it when we get back to town if we need to."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec nods in understanding to Vidar's comments. Looking at the others. "I suggest we take what we might be able use for what lies ahead and come back for the rest. Can anyone here identify what's on those scrolls and in those vials?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar picks up a pearl and eyes it crically.
"Not a very impressive example, one could draw the conclution from this that these men were not overly valuable to the nation.
On the other hand, they must have served some function to be entombed at all. Minor functionaries perhaps, scribes would be my guess."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio regards the findings with some disappointment. If there is nothing else here of use, shal we continue? The disguised pile of coins may yield more enemies and better treasure.


"Sure, let me look" says Rullis as he takes the scroll from Kerrec's hand. He holds up his wooden leaf and begins softly chanting. Cast Detect Magic.

Spellcraft (First on list): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Spellcraft (Second on list): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

As Toshio shows his inpatient, Rullis stops and scratches his head. Handing them back to Kerrec, he shakes his head negatively. Grabbing his spear that was leaning against the wall, he turns to join the Samurai.

I believe the DCs were 23 and 27 respectively.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Hmmm, moving on is all well and good, but let's not go to and fro at random. Since we are already here, let's examine the "secret" door in this room first I say."


Consensus? To the door in this chamber or back to the coin pillared doorway?


To the secret door! Stuff behind secret doors is always better, right?


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Secret door


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

[Ooc]What he said.[\ooc]


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

What's behind secret door #1, Johnny?


A Brand NEW CCaaaarrrr!!!

A hallway flickers in the dim light for a distance of twenty feet. Two branches head north (right). One at ten feet, the other at the end of the hall. Despite the slight pass through from the broken door the air is musty but also has a brackish quality like water that has set far too long.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio edges forward, Viscous sword leading, as he reaches the fork he inclines his head
Left?


How can you go left when there are only right turning branches? Do you mean the closest or the furthest?


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Details! I think we check the first while someone keeps an eye on the other to make sure we don't get taken by surprise. More than usual.

Camillo moves alongside the samauri, watching for traps. At the warrior's silent question, he nods, but points to his own eyes and at the continuing hall. He takes a step past the first intersection so the other party members can move forward with Toshio.


As Camillo glances back, Rullis nods knowingly. Quietly, he says, "Yell if you need me" as he lets the others pass. The cleric stands guard at the intersection while the others head down the left side of the fork. His spear held high, ready to lower down either corridor if anything unexpected comes running.


The fork ends in a door, elaborate in its design made from stone and metal. The hinges and latch are thick with rust and discoloration. Despite this the displays of all too familiar Thassilonian runes create an odd counterpoint to the rich images of gems, coins, art and "treasure" arranged in symbolic ornamentation around the doors' edge. Nothing has ever screamed "vault" more than this. A key shaped hole resides above the rather sophisticated lever latch handle but the rust would suggest the mechanism is well decayed and it is doubtful it works.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio pauses and motions for Camillo to check the door.

LOOT!

3,501 to 3,550 of 5,910 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.