Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


3,401 to 3,450 of 5,752 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>

Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

It was good to check. Balor Hemlock will want the Journal. Let us be gome.from here.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"I agree with master Darlock, knowledge is never inherantly evil, only the intentions of the flawed individuals seeking it."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"I agree, 'ol Toshio over here. Time to beat feet. Maybe we can make it back before last call. First round is on Vidar."


And leave the other door unexplored? For SHAME! LOL. Just Kidding. Whats the next play, load up and head out to Sandpoint?


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Other door? Loot it then head home.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo checks the other door.

Perception vs Traps 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Believing it to be clear, he looks to the others to see if they are ready for him to open it.


Having stood guard in the hallway while the others ransacked the place, Rullis watches as Camillo checks the next door. When he looks back, Rullis simply nods.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Go ahead Camillo, I am ready.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo pulls the door open and steps aside, as he's done before.


A narrow hallway greet Camillo. It lasts for 10 feet and ends at another wooden and metal bound door.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo heads down the corridor, checking for tripwires and the like, before examining the new door and checking it over.

Perception vs Traps in the hallway 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Perception vs Traps on the door 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Disable device to unlock (if necessary) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

He will check with the others again and open it when they indicate they are ready.


Enh they are chomping at the bit, I won't wait for them to post their "yays". ;p

You arrive at the northern edge of an L shaped room. From the doorway to the east you see the hall narrow and end at a carving of immense gold coins that seem to merge with the wall. The coins have many sharp spiky runes carved into their edge.

To the south you see that that the hall stays wider and ends in a pair of double doors. On the doors, to stone skeleton are carved as though they are reaching out of the door itself at some point between them. In their meeting hands is a human skull, perfectly formed and white. The splie of the door divides the skull perfectly, each half serving as a gruesome handle.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio takes out his bow. Be careful, open the door and stand clear. Ready a shot, my friends before Kithan's inevitable charge.

Ready action to fire once the doors are open.


Hrrhm, my description unnerved you that much huh? I know the door is menacing but really... Actually I am a little unclear which door Toshio is referring to, the one just opened or the new one he expects to *be* opened?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian grins at the samurai as he readies to hurl himself at whatever lies beyond. "Now your learnin."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting
DM Devon wrote:
Hrrhm, my description unnerved you that much huh? I know the door is menacing but really... Actually I am a little unclear which door Toshio is referring to, the one just opened or the new one he expects to *be* opened?

The new door. Skulls for handles? Ominous descriptions? FIGHT or TRAPPED!


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Or just a giant mindscrew to rile us up before the REAL fight/Trap


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo wordlessly points at the pile of gold coins, but seeing where everyone's attention is, moves to investigate the morbidly decorated portals. "Gold coin? Skeletons? Gold coin? Skeletons?"

Taking 20 for a 27 on the perception roll.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Seeing Camillo pointing towards the gold coins, Kerrec moves to investigate, wondering why someone would use all this investment capital to produce a carving.

Perception if needed: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


GM Screen:

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

While Camillo laboriously checks over the "sinister" door, Kerrec idly stands by the tower of coins on the far side and mutters to himself about proper expenses related to artistic expression. Enok flies about the room a bit, as is his want to do, and seems to make a certain amount of noise at Vidar in an attempt to get the wizard's attention.

Vidar:
Ever aided by the crow's sharp eyes you note that a small grey and metal slot resides incredibly well obscured in the crecives and texture of the wall. The slot is relatively small and features a rounded groove along its bottom edge. Too narrow for most keys and seemingly too shallow for a weapon or item of any length greater than an inch or two, the slot features markings similar to those on the coins stacked in relief against the wall.

Furthermore Vidar can tell with his astute wizard learning that the giant gold coins are in fact stone with the illusion of magic making them only look like gold. A simple illusion that can easily be seen past by the strong of mind if they look hard enough.

Despite the many shapes, nooks, crevices and textures on the door, Camillo seems confident that the door presents no danger and appears to have no mechanism by which to be locked. With his training in such matters Camillo also believes that no harmful magic is set against the use of the door.


Rullis finds his attention drawn to the bird as he patiently waits again for Camillo to look over the doors. A slight smile forms on his face as the momentary distraction of watching the rather intelligent avian draws him away from the horrors of the past week.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Stupid bird."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Hmmm, what is this now?

Vidar reaches out and touches the stack of coins.
Stone? Now why would someone draw attention to this if it had no meaning? And the hole has an obvious component...

Vidar digs into his purse and withdraws a gold coin.
This seems logical...

"Watch out, this might make anything happen.
Vidar then slots the coin into the devise.


Dust coughs from the pillar as a loud grating sound is followed by rumbling as the pillar descends. Grinding and rumbling in but a few seconds the stack of coins fully comes flush to the floor revealing a narrow doorway to spaces unknown. The dust tells you that as much Nualia and her wizard explored, they obviously did not find this space.

Into the space beyond your light flickers against another large space similar to the one you stand in. Against the north, east, and southern wall of this new room sit double wide metal doors. Unlike the doors that lead out of your current room, these new doors are of a simpler design.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar turns to Kithian and gives him a very slow and deliberate smile.
"Stupid bird eh?"

He then turns to Enok.
"Drinks are on me when we get back, and you get an extra share."
You drunken lush of a bird you...


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"OK, this looks... what's that noise?"

Looking incredulously at the newly-discovered portal, he says, "I think next time I want to investigate the stack of gold coins first, I'm going to do so."

Shaking his head, he joins the others in looking into the room. "And well done, Mr. Bird."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian shrugs at Vidar. "Hmm, if we don't get our faces ate off I'll find him a paraket friend for the night. If we do, I eat him. Crow wings are great with the right suace."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio merely shakes his head and keeps his bow out with an arrow knocked as they looked about.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Be careful people, from this point on, we are entering areas not even the others have been.
Any traps will not yet have been triggered, and any horrible monsters will remain for US to slay."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Good point."

Camillo begins searching for traps.

Checking the floor 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Checking the north door 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Checking the east door 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Checking the south door 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


All clear. PPppppiiiccckkkk aaaaaa dooooorrrrr! *insert game show music here*


"Should we make sure there are no more threats from the goblin tribe first before going into something completely unknown?"


*Waves Rullis away* What could possibly go wrong? The cleric is a worry wort! Remember? EEEvviiilll door? These three unmarked doors are surely safer than that! *steeples fingers*

Sorry, not enough sleep and too much coffee.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Indecisively, Camillo looks at the cleric, "Well, as far as I can tell, all four doors are safe to open. We can certainly come back here later and check these if you want to pull the other open first."


"Well, lets see what's in here and I'll stand guard by the door. Yell if you need me, or I'll yell if something comes this way."


So right now I have Rullis guarding creepy southern door and the rest of you want to go...where?


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Open the skull door.

Toshio stands 15 ft back from the door with his bow readied to allow Kithan room to charge.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo nods, "Right." He walks over to the skull door, takes hold with both hands and pulls it open, moving to his right as the doors come open.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec is quietly amazed that the whole thing was an elaborate ruse for a secret door.

Seeing Camillo opening the door and hearing Vidar's warning, Kerrec readies his loaded crossbow for anything that might be on the other side.


Camillo swings open the doors and springs aside. The area behind is nested beneath a stone dome of sorts. Four pillars support the dome and a series of alcoves ring the room. Off set from the center of the room to the south is a statue; the stern faced man wielding book and glaive. Along the western wall a seemingly smooth piece of stone is cracked, revealing a door that was once hidden but now barely holds its place. In the alcoves are sarcophagi each made of highly polished stone and featuring symbols and runes like elsewhere in the building. Marching order?


"We've seen that statue before..." mutters Rullis as they enter the room.

Knowledge(Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Rullis will stay in the back half of the group, letting those who are stronger than him go first. I'm assuming the no longer secret door is the only other way out of this room?


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio leads cautiously into the room, Bow still in hand with and arrow knocked.and ready.
Be careful

Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar will stay in the rear, a little too focused on the rune to properly pay attention.
"The statue? You mean the one beneath Sandpoint master Stillman? Wasn't that one of a woman?"


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian follows behind Toshio with his falchion held ready. "Yeah, she had a nice pair of...weapons." The half orc chuckles at his own joke as the continue to move.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

With the heavy hitters taking the lead, Camillo will hang back and take rearguard, just in case.


Proposed marching order: Kithian, Toshio, Kerrec, Rullis, Vidar, Camillo


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Fine with me


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

That works for me.


The group trods slowly in the room, Kithian idly looking things over while Toshio covers the room with the bow. The rest of you form up and begin to meander into the room when a chill wind flickers throughout the space and black fog begins to hiss from four of the sarcophagi in the room. The fog coalesces into roughly human shapes; shadows that seem to stand before you and wail in anger.

GM Screen:

Surprise?
Kithian1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Toshio1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Kerrec1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Rullis1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Vidar1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Camillo1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Init
Kithian1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Toshio1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Kerrec1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Rullis1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Vidar1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Camillo1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Init order:

Kithian*
Toshio
Kerrec
Camillo
Vidar*
Rullis

*Surprised, no action in surprise round.

Kithian and Vidar prove to be too distracted to act but the rest of you sense the sudden danger and are able to respond. We don't do surprise often, just remember only one move or standard.

Maps a little low rent but it works for now.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio is first to react, loosing an arrow at the shadow creature in B9
Lookout!

Ranged Attack1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

3,401 to 3,450 of 5,752 << first < prev | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.