Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


3,251 to 3,300 of 5,858 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>

Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"A scavenger hunt? Only hunting for scavengers in our case. I am with you as soon as master Stillman and master Valorian are ambulatory once more."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian looks down at the dead cleric of Lamashu and nods his head at Toshio. "Better death than I would have gave her. Come on let's go kill that fargin bastage.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Sorry, was tied up all day yesterday.

Camillo hustles over to the paladin to use the wand on him, unsure of his state, but reassured by Shalelu's lack of concern after checking him.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 For Kerrec. He was barely down, right?

Seeing the healing do some work on the fallen warrior, Camillo returns to the cleric to see if he can wake him up.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 For Rullis.

Camillo gladly surrenders the wand to either of the regular healers and takes up his weapon again to ready himself for battle.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A low moan rumbles out of the cleric before his eyes suddenly open with a start. With a wince of pain, he tries to turn to look around, making to try and get up and keep running. But as he sees all is clear, he lets the pain take him and he collapses to the ground, grabbing his arm as he winces once again under the pain.

In his fog of consciousness, he sees a friendly face offering him his healing wand. With a short nod, he accepts it and while still lying prone, activates it a couple of times.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

HPs: 16/17 + Shaken

With his wounds magically mended, Rullis pulls himself up to a sitting position and, with the moan of an old man, manages to work his way to his feet. "I'm sure glad I picked this thing up." he says, lifting the wand momentarily in the air. "What happened? I thought I was a goner."

He starts to move to retrieve his spear, but notices the doors to the chamber are closed and stops in his tracks. "Why are the doors closed? Is something still out there?" Then, seeing Kerrec getting up and in bad shape, he says to the Paladin, "You need some of this?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio, his abdomen soaked in blood, sheathes his Katana and draws his bow. He says nothing but has to lean on the wall for support.


The sound of the blade being put away draws his attention. Seeing the blood stain and the obvious pain that the samurai is in, he quickly moves to him and activates the wand once again.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

And again...

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

And still once again...

Wand of Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"How do you feel now?"

Down to 24 charges remaining.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Rullis, I think nearly everyone needs some healing. Will Gozreh grant you more healing today?"

Camillo's down a bit, too, but I don't remember why - unless I forgot to un-damage him after the door trap didn't reach him.

It's been at least five rounds since Rullis fell, so don't forget to count that against your Shaken time. Also, any lingering effects of the bardic performance are gone.

Ninja'd


"I would need to rest and pray to Him to regain any such healing ability myself." He glances at the closed doors again. "But I have a feeling we don't have time for that. But this", holding up the wand again, "should hopefully get us through today." He walks over to Kerrec and activates another charge.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds (Kerrec): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

"I'll have to find another one of these when we get back to town, if I can afford it."

23 charges remaining. I don't know everyone's hit point counts, so unless your character asks for healing...


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio nods his thanks. I am feeling much better and nearly pain free. I am able to fight. Thankyou.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Yeah, I checked - that damage on Camillo didn't happen because he was out of range of the door's trap. He's good to roll.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec's eyes flutter open. The pain in his shoulder throbs. He looks for his crossbow with a start before noticing his comrades are no longer fighting but administering first aid instead.

He slowly gets to his feet his shoulder hanging. Seeing that the ritual has been stopped and Nualia dead, he nods a thanks to Rullis as his shoulder wound is further mended. He scratches the back of his head, "Where did that bugbear come from?" He looks around. "And where did he go?"

Remembering that a few of his party had suffered the ill-effects of the Yeth Hounds bites, he asks, "Is anyone not feeling well from those devil-spawned creatures? I can help take away the unease they bring to the mind."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Everyone feeling better? If so, I suffest we get our hunt underway. Once we find the bugbear and finish him off, we can scour the rest of this place clean.
I think it may be Tassalonian in origin, so I'll be wanting to study it for a bit...once there is time of course."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian grunts as he finishes tightening the tournequet on his leg. Never been better....Stupid dog.
4Hp


In response to Kerrec's question, Rullis simply replies, "I was, but I think I'm good now." As he says this, he walks over to where Kithian is patching himself up.

Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kithian: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kithian: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kithian: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kithian: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kithian: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kithian: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

It takes Rullis quite a few applications before the barbarian looks 100%, despite his claims otherwise.

"We don't have time for any studying. We need to find a way out of here and seek care for Orik. This wand can't heal what ales him."

17 charges remain.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec is at 9/31 HPs.

Kerrec nods at Rullis. "Good."

He loads his crossbow. Then looks at Rullis' wand. "If we are hunting the bugbear, then I will need your aid my friend."


Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kerrec: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kerrec: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kerrec: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kerrec: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Wand of Cure Light Wounds on Kerrec: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Rullis pumps a few more charges into the Paladin. "How's that my friend? I think this thing is losing power."

To everyone, "Shall we go?"

12 charges remain. This thing is going quick...


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec nods in the affirmative that he feels much better. "Yes. Thank you."

As the group heads out, the paladin rolls shoulder around feeling only a little pain.

HPs 26/31


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"I think we have all learned the value of wands this day..."


LOL, valued indeed.

Shalelu smirks at Vidar, looks over the group and nods. There cannot be many goblins left, I think our next challenge is in whatever random beasts they let roam the keep as is their way...and whatever else this woman, Shalelu gestures at Nualia's corpse, ...has let for us to find.

Allrighty. Where we headed?


Rullis wishes to re-open the main entrance to retrieve his long spear that he dropped before rushing in.


And then we should head back upstairs to check on Orik and the horses.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Agreed. Make sure the place is clear. Then Carry away everything that ain't nailed down ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The group opens the doors and finds that the goblin voices from before are mute and the hallways seem uninhabited. Rullis is able to retrieve his spear with no issue and the party makes its way guardedly back to the entrance.

An eager Reggie barks at your approach and a somewhat less than enthused Pharlap stands, just as you left him, half in and out of the main doors. The warhorse continues to occasionally look back at the traumatized horse that is out in the rain and huffs at Toshio as the group comes back towards the foyer.

Bruzathamus didn't get far. His head caved in from Pharlap's hoof and his throat ripped out by Reggie the bugbear looks to have run right into an animal ambush and paid with his life. Reggie's face is stained with the bugbear's blood and he approaches Kithian with an almost puppy like enthusiasm, knowing that he has done well.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

It appears Pharlap got the kick in, knocking him down and Reggie finished him off. Well done my friend.

Toshio gives his horse a pat and runs his hands over him, checking for wounds. If the threat is ended we should thoughly strip the place and load the horses. We also need to find a way back and then end the Druid's tribe. Our agreement was to SAFELY cross so we owe them nothing.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian luaghs as Reggie approaches and gives the bloody mastif a big hug as the large half orc dances a few steps and scratches the hound behind the ear. "Who's a good dog? Yes you are! You're a good dog!"
At Toshio's statement, the barbarian stands and nodds his head, "Yup, I say anything left in the gods forsaken place needs a killin."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:
Toshio Kaijitsu wrote:

It appears Pharlap got the kick in, knocking him down and Reggie finished him off. Well done my friend.

Toshio gives his horse a pat and runs his hands over him, checking for wounds. If the threat is ended we should thoughly strip the place and load the horses. We also need to find a way back and then end the Druid's tribe. Our agreement was to SAFELY cross so we owe them nothing.

Camillo shrugs. "We've killed enough of them. Trying to keep them all is like try to pick every thorn plant in the forest. Besides, he didn't promise us safe crossing - he promised to lead us through his tribe so that we would not have to fight just to reach the bridge."

"Not that I would lift a finger to stop someone else from pruning the vermin further. I just think there are better uses of our time, if less entertaining."

Sorry, it's a rough patch at work and will probably be that way for a few weeks. Posting when I can...


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Oh, yes... Camillo goes to the room where the goblin was sequestered while they were out and about. If the goblin has not escaped or been set free by his allies, Camillo will loose his bonds and lead him to the fallen bridge.

In Goblin "Your druid cut the bridge and sent us to kill the chief. My friends wish to kill the druid because he cut the bridge while we were on it. Do you know how to fix the bridge? Do you want to kill the druid?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"So, what is the plan exactly? do we atempt to cross right away, or do we examine the place further now?
I would like to clean this place out, but maybe we should return to town with Orik first?"


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks off into the distance. "We should not put Orik or Shalelu in any more danger, not with the condition they are both in. It's probably best to return to Sandpoint with them."

He looks at his battered comrades. "A good night's sleep would do us well I think."

Addressing Camillo: "Does the goblin know another way out of here?"


"I don't Orik will make it through the night. There has got to be another way out of here. Weren't there rumors of a sea-side entrance to this place? We should see if there is any way to go further down."

Rullis leaves the others to discuss and praise the animals to go check on Orik.

Heal Check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"A nights sleep before we tackle the problem of how to cross back onto Terra Firma?
Then we should pick a room with only one approach, and a sturdy door...only, if we do that and there are enemies remaining, they could block the door and box us in."


The goblin is still firmly in place and pales at the broken bridge. It chitters in goblin at Camillo then seems to start weeping.

Goblin:
[b]Only the bridge except the cliff cave below! Only longshanks use the new rope ladder and little boat! Too scary for the tribe!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Shalelu casts aside long glance at Kerrec, In good enough shape to drag your sorry ass out of harm's way... The tone seems brusque but her eyes show definite humor, all in all the comment is oddly human like compared to her normal elven nature. Undoubtedly a reflection of her time among the people of Sandpoint and perhaps a barest reflection of her personality among friends.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"My little friend here might know another way, after all."

Goblin:
"Where is the new rope ladder? How do we get to this cave?"


Goblin:
In the cave where the tentacled beast lives! Down the rocky hall across from the shrine! The wizard lady and priest lady knew how to make it not attack but it eats the tribe so we leave it alone!


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar groans in frustration and does a face palm.
"Tentacled beasts? And us having to carry master Orik as well...I do NOT like where this is going. Especially not climbing with an injured man between us..."


Rullis looks up, "Tentacled beasts? What tentacled beasts?"


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo cringes at the wizard's outburst. "The other exit. There is some sort of beast that prevented the tribe from using it."

Looking at Toshio, "If someone were to try to climb down the broken bridge, do you think they could use a rope to complete the climb? Would they come down in water or is there some land down there?"

Goblin:
"Did the priest lady and the wizard lady use their magic, or did they talk to the beast?"

"Either way, it appears that we end up at water level. Perhaps we can avoid the beast by going down the bridge, perhaps not. There is supposedly a small boat in the beast's cave."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Grrrr...."
Little...idiot...savage...runts!


The boat is not in the cave but the ladder is, so if you could get to the water some other way you could conceivably get to the boat...but you can see the tides and general conditions of the water are no picnic around this island.

The goblin gives Camillo an "are you nuts?" type look,

Goblin:
I was never with them, we are all too afraid to go into the cave, especially after the wizard lady lured some of the tribe into the cave as...bait!

Do not forget you also have an unconscious but living wizard woman as prisoner. As a matter of narrative and mechanical speed I will be relatively generous about escape plans if you guys can agree on a solid enough plan that will mitigate your risks...ie if you come up with a solid plan to raise the bridge or climb around and do weird stuff I'm not gonna go for the "gotcha" roll on the one skill none of you have.


"We might be able to climb down, but there is no way the horses are going to. We might be forced to go past this beast. I say we use these goblins as bait. There are enough dead ones laying around, we could probably feed it to the point its no longer a threat to us."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"The horses won't go down the ladder to the beast, either. We're going to have to get the bridge fixed before the animals can safely exit Thistletop. We are not at the top of our abilities, either, to be taking on an unknown monster that sounds like a significant threat."

How much rope do we have? And have we see any other rope in our adventures in Thistletop? Or a likely place to look for same?


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec's eyes widen in surprise at Shalelu's jest.

In Elven:
That is good to know. I am in your debt. I hope I can be of service to you in the future.

Kerrec shakes his head, adjusts his gear and hoists his crossbow. "If some fell creature is blocking our path then let us distract it and pass it by. If dead goblins will not sate its hunger, I volunteer to be its target so the rest of you can pass. I will delay it and then join you at the boat."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Well, don't look to me to fix the bridge, I'm a wizard, not an engineer."

Vidar then turns to Kerrec and frowns.
"None of that, we leave together or not at all, besides, who appointed you monster bait? I got as much right to risk my life as you do."

The words are terse and angry, but Vidar cannot quite avoid a flush of embaressment to color his face as he says so.


"Well, we need to get out of here as soon as possible. I say we send that goblin into the beast's lair to draw it out so we can at least get a look at what the thing is."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Sorry guys. Moving. Bot me.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"Always something aint it. All right get out of my way and have that wand handy, Tosh here can get it's attention with his fancy sword stuff while I jump on it and beat it to death. Vidar you can stand around and growl, seems your an expert at that today." The barbarian gives the elf ranger a stage wink as he turns around and looks at Camillo. "Well how do we get to this place?"


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec makes a sideways glance at Vidar but chooses not to respond knowing he doesn't have to accept every invitation to an argument.

"I'll provide firing cover for you and Toshio."


I love the dynamic that is evolving with this group. Its like a weird huge married couple. I also want to say that I feel like Toshio has integrated quite well especially given it is still his first real day with the group

I will not away Toshio, good moving.

Upon thinking about the close quarters of a cave encounter Toshio takes a moment to grab his hammer to afford him a wider set of tactical options.

The goblin can lead you to the cave, there are two ways to approach; down the eastern hallway opposite the shrine or through a set of passages off the main entrance to the lower floor. You heard/encountered goblins in both places but more seemed to be opposite the shrine.


"Someone help me with Orik here." With some help, Rullis will get Orik up and over his shoulder, held in place with one arm while holding his spear loosely in the other hand. He'll follow behind and stay out of any combat with the stray goblins that are encountered.

Reaching the passage to the cave, "I'll stay here with Orik and keep watch in case any of these little buggers decide to attack while we're occupied." He'll lower Orik to a sitting position against the wall, then step back and turn towards the way they came, spear held at the ready. "Yell if you need me."

3,251 to 3,300 of 5,858 << first < prev | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.