Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


3,101 to 3,150 of 5,797 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>

Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

The bard shrugs, "Like I care if they make a mess of the floor - it's not my house. Bring the horses to Orik."


Rullis shrugs, "Works for me" He glances at Toshio.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

I am loathe to restrict Pharlap's movements and the other one may panic If bought back in.
Let's bring Orik to the main entrance door and I'll have Pharlap guard him. He will give the goblins more than pause.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"And Regie could help also. Even though I would rather he be at our side."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Dragging/Carrying the sick fighter to the door and leaving him just inside out of the rain, Toshio beckons Pharlap to the door and orders him to Guard Orik.
Take care when we return. He knows you all now but if he does not yet consider you an ally he will attack if you try to go near Orik. He seems to like you Rullis, you'll have the best chance should I not return.
He looks to the paladin, and adds in what HE might consider a joke, considering his usual stone face.
You will have a hard task staying on his back should I die and he becomes yours. Best I stay alive and pay you back in coin.

He gives the horse a final pat and draws his sword. We have an appointment downstairs.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Addressing Rullis regarding what Kerrec and Kithian ran into downstairs before Orik was moved: "We ran into a few more goblins and a bugbear downstairs. Some of the goblins we killed but the bugbear was able to escape us. They unleashed those Yeth Hounds you heard howling upon us. Trafficking in such creatures...." Kerrec'svoice trails off, unable to comprehend how anyone would do such a thing.

Once Orik is moved Kerrec responds to Toshio's comment, nodding grimly: "Yes, I'd much rather you pay me back in coin than with Pharlap. I have no fear that will be the case. Nualia's crimes are legion. It's now time for us to make her pay for them."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Did Vidar learn anything from his studies/Detect magic?

"Extraplanar creatures oppose us? You fail to cheer me master Valorian. Not to mention that the bugbear is likely to go straight to her and allow her time to prepare.
But I am not casting blame...
Vidar grins ruefully, How could I when I allowed myself to get poisoned?"


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Yeah, well, he won't be poisoning anyone else. Toshio's right, let's get moving."


Vidar::
Wand of magic missile (cL 2nd, 38 charges)(2d4+2), potion
of cure light wounds, scroll of sleep, scroll of comprehend
languages, scroll of minor image, scroll of see invisibility, scroll
of whispering wind; cloak of resistance +1, Spellbook

(Which way you guys going? Back the way Kerrec/Kithian came from?)


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Quite a little haul this is, I suggest someone dons the cloak right away. It can be useful. It serves to grant its wearer resistant, nimbleness and mental fortitude...
And with this wand, I shall be able to contribute to the fighting ahead. Good..."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Resistant to what? If there's more with poison like that one and it works against poison, I think Kithian, being up front all the time, should have it." Camillo shall politely decline anything at this point. He feels quite fortunate to have the magical sword and his shield.


Back down the stairs I would presume...


Its gonna be this way is it? *breaks out DM whip* Well I'll push you along then.

It takes about five minutes for Vidar to ascertain the properties of the wizard's gear and for the group to prepare to descend the stairs. The stom continues out side though it does seem the worst of it has passed.

Orik is left in the front trophy hall, main doors open with Pharlap casting a concerned eye to the other horse who seems calmer but still obviously nerve wracked. The horse stands half in and out of the building. Pharlap responds properly to Toshio's instructions but seem unamused by jokes of the samurai not returning which causes the horse to flatten its ears and snap its teeth. Pharlap does confirm that he likes Rullis however with a soft snort and light whiny when the comment is made.After some deliberation its decided that Reggie will stay here as well mostly to catch any roaming goblins and to aid Pharlap in the case that the other horse has an issue.

Vidar passes the cloak on to Kithian, stashes the potions, scrolls and book on his person while taking the wand in hand more confident that while close to out of spells, magical might is within his grasp.

Appropriately armed and ready the group makes it way back down the stairs into the first room where Kithian and Kerrec broke through. The goblin bodies smell to high heaven in the enclosed space. The door to the western hall remains open as does the door to the north. Three doors to the south and one to the east remain closed.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Looking around the room, Camillo asks, "What have you found? What do we know about what's down here?"


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian points at the bodies as he moves through the room.
"We found them alive. We know when you hit them with a really sharp sw
ord they make funny sounds then lay there like that."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Har!"


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Wryly, "Well, that's something. Since you know the most about this level, where do we go next?"


Rullis stays back, a slight smirk on his face, and lets those more familiar with the area down here lead the way.


Shalelu offers an eye roll at the barbarian's jest but can't quite hide the smile from her lips. Allright boys, where to?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Japes master Darlock? At this rate I fear for the morrow, why I expect you to quote verse at us then, turning into a warrior poet, waxing fondly of weapons and blood."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian moves ahead to the door where the Yeth hounds came. This is where we killed those hounds from hell. Not to sure what is after this, but the bugbear went that way."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Never one for humor on a mission, Toshio speaks, We should fall to formation. It's not over yet. Kithan and I up front. Do not forget this is serious, we nearly lost you, Vidar.

He does not wish to offend, but this group was skirting a line and the real fighting likely had not begun.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Wonder if they would have trapped these doors in case someone made it in this far. Want me to check? Or would you rather just kick the door in?"


In the northern hallway the door to the painted room where Kithian and Kerrec made their stand as they advanced is open, though it is plain to see from the hallway that the western door remains closed. The double onyx doors that marked the area from where the hell hounds came from are closed which is not how the bulk of you left then as you withdrew. From the rough hewn hall to the east there is the light sound of thunder and surf as though echoing from the cave. The hell hounds corpses look dessicated and worn, far more than a normal creature should after such a short time dead. For the record the western door from the room featuring the mural (off the top of this hallway) is where Kithian indicated the bugbear went. I'll see about updating the map with better numbers for the rest of this floor.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec, also uncomfortable with the jovial banter, keeps quiet. He silently prays for Abadar's strength as they move forward. Hearing Camillo's question, he responds "If you feel those doors might be trapped Camillo, checking them would seem prudent."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:
Kerrec Valorian wrote:
"If you feel those doors might be trapped Camillo, checking them would seem prudent."

"Yeah, I guess it makes sense, either way." I assume we are talking about the 'double onyx doors' described by the DM.

Camillo examines the doors carefully, well aware that Kithian is probably fidgeting right behind him, sword in hand.

Perception 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22 includes +1 for trapfinding class ability


Camillo finds no traps on the door.

Can I have an order of entry please?


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Puts hand up to go first


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Double doors = two abreast? How about Toshio/Kithian, Rullis/Vidar, Kerrec firing from near the back and Camillo watching the party's back?


Don't forget Shalelu is there as well.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Oops! Shalelu and her bow could be beside Kerrec. Spellcasters in the middle could swap with the shooters, of course.


I'm good with it.

"Ready?" Rullis keeps his spear pointed up so as to not poke Toshio in the back... The winds and waves seems to blow through his eyes as he prepares to draw upon his divine power with his other hand.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian grins at the others, a hint of something not really quiet right behind his eyes as he nods his head. "Do it! More bodies for Gorum!"


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec examines the tip of his loaded bolt and then nods to the others he is ready.


It will probably take me a little bit to get this set up, I was all set but I have to take off soon, my son is feverish and I need to take him to the doctor, that might chew up my day but we'll get you through the door before the weekend.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GM Screen:

2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

As Kithian and Toshio press into the doors thick inky "flames" fly from the portal bathing the group in an almost chilling sense of burning tinged with an obvious corruption of dark magic. Dc 13 Ref for half. 6 on fail, 3 on save.

The doors open to a large room. Stone fonts containing frothy dark water sit to the north and south of the eastern entrance to the room, and twin banks of stone pillars run the length of the long chamber. At the western end, shallow stairs rise to a platform about two feet off the ground. The walls surrounding this platform are lit by hanging braziers that emit glowing red smoke, giving the place an unnerving crimson lighting that throws the bas-relief carv-ings of countless monsters feasting on fleeing humans into lurid display.

A black marble altar stone, its surface heaped with a skeleton that seems to smolder as though aflame, squats before a ten-foot-tall statue. The sculpture depicts a very pregnant but otherwise shapely naked woman who wields a kukri in each taloned hand and has a long reptilian tail, bird-like taloned feet, and the snarling head of a three-eyed jackal with a forked tongue. Its left kukri flickers with fiery orange light while the right one glows with a cold blue radiance. You know her image from below Sandpoint. Lamashtu, Mother of Monsters.

A tall woman with golden white hair stands before the altar. Her right arm has been replaced with a stunningly ugly aberration of twisted red bone and muscle. She is armorerd in a breastplate that does not cover past her ribs, a large sword is buckled at her hip. Playing that misshapen hand out upon the pile of smoldering bones that rest upon the altar a high, almost angelic voice rings out through the temple

Children of Sandpoint....heroes. My work, almost done, and yet you struggle so foolishly to stop me. Glowing red eyes climb out from behind the altar as two hell hounds move to flank the woman as she turns. Nualia, once the stuff of boy's idle fancies when she was younger, always pretty, voice of an angel, has grown to a shapely woman. Her beauty though is marred by her arm and the long purple scars that maul her exposed midriff, a common self mutilation made in supplication to the Mother of Monsters. Whatever angelic qualities that were long idled over during church hymns or summer days as boys played at games have been spoiled. The effect is not unlike seeing a work of art vandalized with malice. For the likes of Camillo and Rullis especially, those who are old enough to have once known the girl, the corruption is complete and sobering.

One of the hounds bays and from the north you can hear the sound of a door opening as the bugbear takes an obvious position to harry your flank. From the stone corridor to the east behind you the voices of goblin chitter from the shadows, ready to do as their mistress commands.

When the bones are ash my pact will be complete. My Mother will give me the power to release her servant and I will lay waste to Sandpoint. But she demands your blood, yours most of all who stole from her a most precious child. The ichorous red monstrosity of a hand is leveled at Kithian as the woman looks down to her hounds. As she pulls her blade she speaks curtly, Kill them

GM screen:

Nualia and Hounds 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Kithian 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Kerrec 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Toshio 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Camillo 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Vidar 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Rullis 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Shalelu 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Cave Goblins 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Bugbear & Crew 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Init Order. No Surprise
Kithian
Bruzathmus and Goblin (North hall)
Rullis
Kerrec
Vidar
Goblins (East Cave)
Camillo
Shalelu
Toshio
Nualia and Hounds


Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

"Ahh!" cries Rullis as the strange flames hit head on before he has a chance to turn away.

HPs: 11/17


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Kerrec seems to avoid most of the flames except for his neck which gets singed.

HPs: 27/31


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Reflex save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The proud Ulfen must still be feeling the after effects of the poison, and in this sluggish state he is unable to avoid the full force of the eerie flames.
Unable to stiffen a gasp of pain, he turns it into a grunt of anger, for a moment more resembling a raider from his homeland than a calm wizard.

"Finally someone that will pay..." He snarls in rage.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Did everyone need to make the save, or just Kithian and Toshio?

Reflex save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

The sight of the angelic girl now intentionally marred catches Camillo off-guard and he stumbles directly into the worst of the trap's effects.

Hearing the goblinoids massing, he concentrates on the door and the hallway, hoping to stem the tide when it comes.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Reflex1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

NUALIA! Tsuto may have died by Kithan's blade but it was I who drew him out. I am Toshio Kaijitsu and you will die for twisting my brother's heart.


It was a double wide cone, you all got hit.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Reflex Sv: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Kithian grunts from the flame as he moves into the room.

He it's the whore from the naked picture I got from Tsuto! Damnnation, you got ugly! It is dying time moster lover!"
Kithian charges the cleric. His falchion held high as he attempts to bring his mass into the swing. "GORUM!"

Charge Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 7 = 26
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 1) + 9 = 14


Mhmmm I mistook something on the map. Kerrec, Shalelu and Cam cannot be targeted by the trap because formation as stated would need them to wrap into the southern hall to fit (leaving a block of Kithian/Toshio and Rullis/ Vidar

Kithian charges Nualia and though she is a capable warrior, she nonetheless seems surprised by the power of the barbarian's blow as she attempts to keep her footing on the dias under the sheer power of Kithian's swing.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 v Vidar
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 v Rullis
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 v Rullis

1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (Vidar)
1d4 ⇒ 3 (Rullis)

From the north Bruz takes a knee safe within his painted room and conspicuously targets Vidar sending an arrow past Rullis to strike the wizard in his leg almost bringing the wizard to the floor. Vidar take 10

Rullis meanwhile receives the attention of the other goblins attempting to use the room as cover as a pair of arrows fly at the cleric. One of the goblins however makes a mistake in his advance and Rullis is left with an opening. Rullis AoO on goblin in hall, if you hit AC 16 and do 6 points you will avoid the 3 points the goblin's shot would do to you as you will have killed him first.

After the AoO you may act Rullis. Note that you also heard goblin voices from behind you in the eastern hall. Then Kerrec and Vidar. Comabt map is up at campaign HQ.


Rullis turns to face the goblin's coming through the door, bringing his spear to bear...

Long Spear AoO: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

...but he doesn't get it around in time and the goblin gets a shot off first, hitting him at nearly point blank range. Fighting through the pain of the arrow in his shoulder and the burning pain, he thrusts his spear at the little critter...

Long Spear Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

This time the tip of his spear skewers the little goblin in what should hopefully do him in. He ducks to the right and turns to press his back against the wall, protecting himself from further arrows.

Move Action: 10-foot move down corridor to the right on the map.

"Gah, that hurts!" he cries out as he works to extract the embedded arrow...

HPs: 8/17

Hopefully those "voices" don't bust through that door too soon.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec steps up five feet to where Rullis had previously been. He looks back at his comrades in the hallway behind him.

"Aid Kithian against Nualia!"

He takes a glance at Rullis. "Heal yourself if you can Rullis. I will hold our flanks until you can aid me."

He then motions with his head to the potions hanging from his belt in case Rullis needs to grab one. (I have three Cure Lights)

He then takes aim at Bruz. Talking to himself.... "He can't escape Abadar's judement any longer......"

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + (5) + 2 = 11


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Has there been any sign that any threats are forthcoming from Camillo's end of the hallway?


Negative on the signs from behind. You can specify whether you left that door opened or closed, either way nothing from the room.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar grunts, a sound originating in both shock and pain, mixed with a great deal of anger.
Nearly doubling over, a hacking cough escapes him, drenching his lips and beard with blood.
Little more than stubborn pride keeps the Ulfen wizard on his feet as he retrieves the healing potion he received just before this battle.

Move action to retrieve it, standard action to drink. The Dm can role hp restored, I'm not sure of the CL of the potion anyway.


Looks like the Paizo boards are eating posts again. There was just a post from DM Devon about nothing coming through the door by Rullis and that Cam was up. Then the Paizo board was down for a few minutes and now that post is gone. This seems to be happening more often these days...

3,101 to 3,150 of 5,797 << first < prev | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.