Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


2,951 to 3,000 of 5,856 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>

Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

What is Camillo's armed state, then, after the grapple attempt and her escape?


Last time I checked you had pulled the sword and shield...hmmm. The grapple thing would have occurred to Cam on the move so I think he could have stashed everything on the run. (And I chose grapple because everything else saw her moving and casting and it seemed like disruption was your primary concern.) I''m gonna say unarmed but carrying everything. Honestly if she is shooting she is shooting auto hits or save spells and simple move will see you armed again. How does that sound?


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

That's fine, just wanted to know my status when it comes my turn again.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Keep underestimating me why don't you? I believe your hide shall make a good rug, my feet get very cold in the mornings."

Vidar retreats just out of range for the sword and then mutters a new spell.

5' step back and then casting Gravity bow.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

A mass of fients and slashes, Toshio continues to press the Hobgoblin.

Alone and outnumbered now. You WILL fall.

2 handed power attack1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 1 = 18
Damage1d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 14


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Map be damned, stupid technology. I think things are clear enough, let me know if anything needs clarification.

Toshio musters his battle rage and focuses it on his blade, Alone and outnumbered now. You WILL fall. His cry is answered with the echoing ring of the eastern blade's fatal edge parting armor and bone. The hobgoblin lets out a sickening howl as Toshio retracts his blade along the hobgoblins stomach having shorn shoulder in twain and split hard into the goblinoid's vitals. The hobgoblin cries and gurgles to his end as it falls at Toshio's feet.

Vidar mantains his distance. His foe large but cumbersome in his skills. Avoiding the hoblgoblin commander's blade the wiard's mind considers his angles and options. Navigating a step away from Orik's body Vidar eggs his foe on, Keep underestimating me why don't you? I believe your hide shall make a good rug, my feet get very cold in the mornings. Vidar ends his taunt with the words and gestures of enchanting forces. His bow is made to alter the very laws of reality. For sure to be the Hobgoblin's doom.

Downstairs Kithian continues his blood tribute to his god, tossing aside his table/shield and taking up his blade with both hands. The terror stricken scream of his goblin prey is drowned by the oracles own voice as it rises and falls like the falchion he wields. The goblin's viscera are sprayed about the corner and his ally. The remaining goblin in Kithian's reach lets out a blood curdling wail of terror.

Kerrec is up. You have clear shots on 3, all PB. Then Camillo and Rullis.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Killed it did I? Awesome, I am.


Yeah, you guys are sort of a wrecking crew. Most of this compound will be a fast mow down for you I think. Most of it ;-)


What did the wizard goblin do after being tackled (or attempted to be tackled) by Camillo? I don't see an action for this goblin. I was standing outside the door. I saw Camillo charge through the door. What did I perceive?


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

It wasn't a wizard goblin, it was a dark-skinned human woman wizard. She made her grapple check to escape my clutches and backed away from me.

DM Devon wrote:
Just as easily as she is scooped up the wizard breaks free from Camillo's grasp with a shriek of Let me go! Feebly the young woman backs up down the hall holding her wand before her in a meager defensive posture, looking at her escape options searchingly as the bard is left free to advance once more.


Thanks. It sounds like you successfully grappled and she used her action to break the grapple and 5-ft step away. In that case...

Hearing the struggle after Camillo ran in followed by the woman yelling to let her go, Rullis jumps into action to help Camillo out. He moves the 10 feet to the doorway, sees the woman standing 10 feet from Camillo and steps up next to the bard bringing his long spear to bear. (or just move to 10 feet from the wizard if able) Rullis thrusts the tip forward hopefully before she can cast another spell.

Long Spear Melee Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Possible Crit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Long Spear Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec loads his crossbow and aims at the goblin to his left. He wordlessly fires:

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + (5) + 2 = 8


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"I suggest you surrender, sweetheart. Start by dropping the wand. You have to the count of one. One."

If she drops the wand, Camillo will work to tie her hands and gag her to prevent spellcasting as much as he can. If she doesn't, he will charge and grapple again.

CMB 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19 CMB +4, Charge +2


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian luaghs as Reggie chases goblins around the room, attempting to briang his falchion down on another goblin.

Power Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 3) + 9 = 15


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GM screen:
1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 4 = 26 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 4 = 20 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 4, 2) + 3 = 11

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Rullis rounds the corner and maneuvers into position. Snaking forward the spear the cleric catches the wizard unprepared and strikes her cleanly in the leg. I suggest you surrender, sweetheart. Start by dropping the wand. You have to the count of one. One. The wizard considers Camillo for a second and then shakes her head and spits at the bard, You killed my Tsuto, he would have been mine and he's gone! Pointing he wan menacingly at Rullis and Camillo, Cam advances and again wraps the wizard up in her arms.

Unlike the last time however, the wizard seems to have expected this outcome. As the bard engages with the woman to bring her under control rather than panicking the wizard gives in to the struggle. Pointing the wand directly at Camillo's chest, the wizard utters an arcane word and arcane missiles erupt from the wand.11 points Cam. You will pay for robbing me of my happiness. Camillo is still active grapple, and will have a +5 onus on his next CMB check

The hobgoblin commander advances on Vidar and though the wizard has been in more than his fair share of fights, the assault proves to much. Ducking to one blow Vidar is caught unawares as the blade bites deep into his back. The wound startles the wizard and brings stars to his eyes and as the world fades to black Vidar can feel a strange tingling sensation along his hew wound. The wizard collapses and the hobgoblin grins with sadistic glee. You were saying, lunch? Vidar take 7. You have failed you save against poison and are unconscious for the next 5 rounds. At that point there will be another save and if you fail you will slip into a sleep like coma for a handful of hours.

Toshio perception DC 12:
As the struggle rages across the room and Camillo cries out, in the souther passage you hear the clattering of items to the floor and a rough inhuman voice utter the phrase. You were saying lunch?

Toshio is up.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"OW! You got bad information, sweetheart. I did no such thing. Rullis, feel free to spit her like a pig. I'm running out of patience."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio Perception1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Seeing no other foes present themselves, and Camillo and Rullis fighting the mage Toshio calls, Camillo do you need aid?Free Action

Depending on his reply, Toshio either joins the fight there or moves back to check on the Mage, Ranger and Fighter, who have not been seen since the fight started.


"Pin her down!" Rullis raises his spear back and thrusts it forward again, attempting to skewer the mage without hitting Camillo. (No penalties or bonuses on the attack, but she takes a -2 to AC due to -4 to Dex for being grappled)

Long Spear Melee Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Long Spear Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"No! Check on Vidar, he's been too quiet!"


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio doesn't hesitate. He double moves back to where they left the mage. Sword first.
Vidar?
During his second move he enters the room and sees the Hobgoblin standing over the mage and the warrior knows what occured, he finishes his move standing adjacent to the Hob.
You are dead!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The wizard fights against Cam but the advantage is his despite the wound. With spear in hand Rullis strikes out at the wizard and finds his mark this time in the soft, unprotected flesh of the wizard's abdomen. Oh my Tsuto, my sweet Tsuto. Passes from her lips as she slips into unconsciousness as her life's blood leaks from her side. Technically still alive for a round or two unless she stabilizes.

The hobgoblin commander sneers as Toshio enters the room, a mixture of irritation at the interruption but also a sort of snarky glee that someone else is nearby to cut on. We'll see, dog.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Laying into Toshio the hobgoblin brings the serrated edge of his blade across the space between them but finds steel in his path as Toshio blocks the rough swipe easily. Steel rings out as the battle is pressed, the hobgoblin putting the samurai to the test but not yet making a blow.

Downstairs the massacre continues as Reggie barks from the stairwell behind Kerrec, causing a frenzied panic amongst the surviving goblins. Kithian downs one. Kerrec another. The lone survivor throws his bow at Kithian, or rather Kithian's feet, and dashes through the western doorway, slamming the door behind him in every attempt to flee the scene.

Cam is up. Rullis will basically act in tandem support to whatever the bard thinks is important. Then Toshio.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Perception to hear combat between Toshio and the hobgoblin 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Camillo doesn't let go of the woman until she goes slack enough to actually drop the wand. "Sweet Desna! I feel like a mule kicked me in the chest - damn cheating mages. Rullis, she may be unwilling, but she's got information we can use. Can you keep her alive long enough to question?"

If he hears the combat, he will rush to assist. Otherwise, he will take a moment here to give Rullis time to stablize her and heal him.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Seeing that roll, I will assume that he doesn't hear - he will stay here to assist Rullis in trussing her up, searching her for toys and trinkets. He's definitely taking the wand.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

[ooc]Mhmm...yeah the DC isn't that high (its -10 but +1 for every 10 feet of distance plus conditional modifiers and though Toshio is talking the storm continues in a pretty noisy fashion so I think you are looking at about a 10 to hear Toshio unless something dramatic happens in the trophy room.

The wizard has a fair number of trinkets, she is obviously not an amateur. An elaborate cloak featuring a rich blue color and silver stitching seems almost impossibly well kept despite the woman bleeding all over it. A leather pouch featuring 5 scrolls and a potions hangs from one shoulder while another carries her spellbook, an everburning torch and another smaller pouch that features nail clippings, dark black hair as well as a used hankerchief and an earring both of a markedly Tian styling.

A small but unremarkable dagger is on her belt but her clothes are relatively well kept. In particular her dress, though currently staining with blood, is of a rich silk brocade undoubtedly worth many weeks of an average worker's wage


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo removes everything but her dress and trusses her up. If she doesn't have a belt or something that will work, he will cut strips of cloth from the hem and fashions uses them, one to tie her hands behind her, one stuffed in her mouth, and a third tied around her head to hold the gag in place. I believe the DC for her to escape is his CMD.

Rullis casts Stabilize on the woman and stands ready with his spear in case she awakens. If that's cool.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio blocks yet another swipe and try as he might:
2handed power Attack1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 1 = 8

the Samurai could not find a whole in this ones defences...yet.
The way he moved, Toshio was sure this foe WAS beneath him.
It was only a matter of time.


Kithian and Kerrec are in a now empty room. What now?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian luaghs as he turns to the paladin. "Should we give chase or let the others have some of the fun?"


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

The paladin pauses a moment to ponder the situation.

"We need to cut him down before he sends word to others," Kerrec replies.

Kerrec will move to the door and open it for Kithian.


Kerrec moves to the door and swings it open, finding a narrow hallway that leads to a more ornate iron door which is closed. The fleeing goblin stands aghast turning to see the door open in mid run. A charge would work here if you so desire, Kithian.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Sure!

Charge w/power attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14


Oh its so funny. I just cant help but laugh. I mean, goblins are not the most threatening creature in PF/D&D but Kithian does such a ridiculous amount of damage to them all I can think of are goblin running around in mad panic wailing and then basically exploding in a complete farce to any threat they might pose.

Kithian intuits Kerrec's meaning clearly and closes the gap on the scrambling goblin. The goblin quivers in place as the mountain of a half orc comes upon him and brings the blade down with a heavy *thunk*, ending the goblin's short pathetic existence.

The door before Kithian and Kerrec is black and iron, far more sturdy than many others in this place. It feature a simple pull ring however and has no lock to speak of. Other doors of lesser quality lead out of the the room which the stairs emptied into and lead in all directions into the second level. With wailing and screaming of combat ended the storm above is muted and little sound comes from your allies above.

Meanwhile upstairs... (Camillo and Rullisbot 9000)


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo will stow his sword and shield and throw the mage over his shoulder. "If her hands do anything but hang limp behind me, tell me so I can drop her and make her walk. I don't want her rummaging through my pack while I think she's out cold."

The two of them will head back toward where Vidar and the NPCs were last seen.


Moving the wizard is a little bit slower going but Cam and Rullis make their way back through the throne room. As they approach the double doors that lead south back to the trophy room the sound of metal on metal becomes clear. Battle.

GM screen:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

The hobgoblin leader continues his brutal but inelegant assault on Toshio but whatever power or cunning he has is lost against the training and armor of the samurai. Toshio remains unharmed by his foe.

Toshio!


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

When it becomes clear that the fighting it not over, Camillo will dump wizard to the ground, tell Rullis to keep an eye on her, and rush to assist, drawing sword and shield as he goes. I presume that will be a round or two from now, so I will just cheer Toshio on - Go Toshio!


This round was move to grab wizard, move to get to where you are. Next round is move and probably attack.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

As expected, thanks.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio continues to duck and weave and parry. He had the measure of his opponent now and was settling into a rythym. He'd been working his foes defences out wider and wider usinggreat slashes, now it was time to change tack and stab at the belly.

2 handed PA1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 1 = 14
2 hand PA damage1d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8


While larger than his comrades he is no less nimble on his feet and though his sword work to this moment has showed a lack of grace the hobgoblin manages to turn most of the attack away so the katana scuffs across his studded leather.

Kithan and Kerrec, what next?


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec wipes seat from his bow. "I would have expected the others to have joined us by now."

Would we have any idea what door might lead to flanking the resistance? That was our original plan when Kerrec and Kithian decided to go this route.


If you are hoping to get where you think the bugbear went (relative to upstairs) you would want to go north.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

North it is then.


Kithian and Kerrec move back to the main room and open the northern door. A narrow hallway widens after 15 feet revealing a pair of large ornate onyx and iron doors on the western wall flanked with flickering unearly blue torhes. A sharp turn shows a hallway to the right while ahead 30 ft is another wooden door leading farther north. This entire area features smooth expertly worked stone, a sharp contrast to the mix and match wood and stone of the level above. Reggie snuffles about the bodies lazily and closes to Kithian when convinced there is nothing worth eating or attacking. Coming back out, opening the door and what not will chew up this round.

K & K Perception DC 20:
Listless shuffling is barely noticeable from the far northern door. Someone or something is impatiently milling about.

Cam and Rullis 2.0 are up


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

Kerrec taps Kithian's shoulder and then points to the door, marking that he has heard something behind it.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:
DM Devon wrote:
This round was move to grab wizard, move to get to where you are. Next round is move and probably attack.

This is still the plan.

Camillo, hearing combat, lowers the woman to the floor and tells the cleric, "Keep an eye on her and an ear on the fight - we might need you in there."

With that, he moves toward the fighting, readying sword and shield as he moves. When he sees the situation, he will endeavor to grant Toshio a combat advantage (ie, flanking). I assume I will be unable to attack this round.


No Rullis can "take" her as an action and put her down, you can "drop" her for free. Get your attack in.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Finished nightshift and off to bed. Getting my action in

Seeing an ally appear to aid, Toshio attempts to quickly finish the hob. He didn't want aid.
2 handed power attack1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 - 1 = 19
Damage1d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Can I tell he doesn't want my aid?

Sense Motive 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Guess so.

Camillo, recognizing the clench of the samurai's jaw when he sees him, moves to check on Vidar.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Zzzzzz...*mutter mutter mumble*...pecan pie...*snore*...bastard...*Drool*...stout as black as midnight...*mutter*...gonna kill yer family...*grumble*...and a side order of mashed potatoes with gravy..."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian moves to the door gripping his falchion in a ready stance and nods his head with a grin at the paladin.

2,951 to 3,000 of 5,856 << first < prev | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.