Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


2,901 to 2,950 of 5,752 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

Rullis glances at Toshio when Camillo says to bring the horses before turning towards the outside gate. He finds himself in a moment of indecision. Bring the horses, in here? He keeps an eye towards the double doors of the throne room, his spear held at the ready, hoping that Toshio will get his horses while he guards the entrance.


Okay here is init order just for clarity's sake:

Camillo
Shalelu
Rullis
Toshio
Vidar
KIthian
Kerrec

Camillo peels to the east back towards the tower and the backward route, bow in hand. Shalelu follows closely after she deposits Orik gently on the floor.

Rullis, despite his questioning look, stands in defense in the center of the trophy room watching the hallway/doors that lead to the throne room while nodding to Toshio to grab the horses and bring them in if he so chooses.

Vidar is left in the center stairwell to play carrier pigeon to the warrior's conferring at the junk pile below.

Toshio, Vidar, Kerrec and Kithian are up. Cam give me a stealth roll when you get a chance


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Well...here we go again...


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

I gave a Stealth roll (27), but I forgot a Perception roll. Is that what you need? Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Camillo's still planning to use sword and shield. He wants Shalelu using her bow so she can stay back from the melee - if there is any.


No no I wanted stealth...I just wasn't paying attention. Sorry.-->Insert shamed DM Face here<-- :)


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

lol, you're too honest - I even gave you a ready-made out, but you did not take it. Have I mentioned lately how much I'm enjoying this game?


I always think that a game is more interesting when the DM occasionally has to look pleadingly at his notes with a look of crestfallen shame as he misses something that the players did or intend. It adds a comic edge to the sinister tone of my intention to murder all of you by ambush...I mean...makes it more fun? I am glad you are enjoying it, I am liking it quite a bit myself.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio nods but only half agrees. The newest horse was tortured by the goblins for some time and would likely panic or simply go wild in a fight and he had no idea if it was combat trained. It would be better if it stayed outside and could run off if it was paniced. Pharlap, on the other hand WAS trained, so much so, Toshio could fight in tandem with him with barely a word. He brings Pharlap inside and places him on the wall opposite the throne room door, ready to meet a charge. Toshio, says, Guard so that the horse knows to remain in the room for now and attack any foe that enters.

Toshio then moves to the corner of the Throne room door and redies his Bow. He gives the others a hand signal, letting them know he wants to open the door and holds his bow up so they know he wants them to ready a shot for any enemies they spot when the door opens.
He intends to wait for the bows fire to cease, allowing the enemy to enter their room, where he and Pharlap can charge to flank them.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

So it sounds like Toshio is assuming we are all covering the front door of the throne room. Camillo was intending to provide a nasty surprise to any trying the flanking maneuver - or provide a flanking maneuver of his own otherwise.


Yeah right now I have two on the throne room door, two in the east tower and three in the stairwell...and one unconscious on the floor near the stairwell I guess.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Keep Vidar guarding Orik, with no new spells yet, that is where he would feel he does most good.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio, noticing Camillo apparently worried about another flank (and who could blame him, they'd done the same thing to Ripnugget not long before) decides to improvise. He readies a charge to go through the Door, making sure to pull it wide so Pharlap can come to his call. He then opens the door....The descision to charge depends on what he sees. Perception (if needed) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Actually slight whoops on my part, I got thrown off by someone else's description. Rullis would note (and Toshio as well on the approach) that the left half of the throne room is empty (as Kithian smashed those doors down with Kerrec earlier). Coming upon the entrance Toshio would also see that the other half of the throne room is empty.

[spoiler=Toshio WIS Check DC 15:] The other door to the eastern hallway where you last staged your rout is closed. None of you closed it.[/ooc]


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Same action on the closed door.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Devon, how long would it take for Kithian an I to clear things out so that we could still go through this door? Just thinking we might be able to flank the flankers if we continued on.


Kerrec from what you see a couple of solid hits should shift the pile (if it is indeed just junk as it appears) enough to get through. Basically it depends on how hard you hit the thing. Clever thinking or appropriate description would undoubtedly net you a circumstance bonus

Toshio opens the door to the eastward hallway. Scorch marks and swept caltrops still litter the hall. The door to the barbaric meat locker remains closed and an errant torch still flickers and provides torchlight from around the corner.

Camillo hears the door open down the hall and sees the other half of the scene: the hall leading from the tower to the throne room is empty.

Vidar are you heading back up to the top? K & K let me know what you want to do.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks at Kithian. "Let's stick with our original plan and move this junk, making sure we get the table to use as a shield."

Kerrec will start giving kicks to the junk to tumble over the piles to shuft the junk away from the door.


Go head and give me a STR check Kerrec


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo waits, waving the ranger over so she is just out of sight of anyone that appears at the end of the hallway. Half a step and she has a shot, he's thinking. He stands, shield ready, watching.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Strength: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian starts kicking rubble also.
Can I take 10?


If you want, feel free to take 10 but with STR checks it is hard to see decent results at lower than 15 in a lot cases.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Str:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Nice roll!

Kithian and Kerrec put shoulder to the pile and use their legs to kick away the other debris piled about the table. With a solid effort from the pair the various pieces of wood groan and a large amounts of "CRACK"ing and "THWACK"ing erupts dowstairs as the junk pile disperses and arrows lodge into the table as the warriors break through. If you want, one of you (I would assume Kerrec but that is up to you)can take a free 5' step back so you are not occupying the same square. The table provides total cover until you move forward. Remember that the junk will make the surrounding terrain difficult. Kithian can take 10 to carry the door at half speed to break into the room or take 10 to basically throw the door aside as a move action. Once you enter the room the table will count as partial cover.

At the base of the stairs a central room with doors in all directions is filled with 5 goblins. Opening fire at the sudden burst of chaos, they seem ready for a fight.

Cam and company, what's next? Top of the round. Im hoping to get a map up soon. Sorry for the delay.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Do we hear the cracking of the wood as the pile is dislodged?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian will move forward with the table, blocking arrows and hopefully running over and crushing a goblin in the process.


Not knowing what is going on upstairs, just that Camillo and the ranger took off after something and Kerrec moved to flank it, then the crash and thunk of arrows into wood downstairs, Rullis finds himself not sure where he should go.

Holding action until something happens. If nothing by end of round, he readies action to strike any foes that appear and come within his 10 foot range of his spear (then AoO when they come within 5 feet).


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

If Toshio sees nothing he'll let the others know and head nack downstairs


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec will follow Kithian after the free 5' step hoping the Shoanti can bowl through the goblins leaving Kerrec free pick them off with his crossbow.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Do I roll a modified overrun?


Yeah Im sure between the pile coming down and Kithian moving forward there is adequate noise to translate upstairs that something is going on. Yeah Kithian roll an overrun for me. I have narration but it depends on what Cam does.


Kerrec, Kithian will certainly give you LOS on a target so go ahead and roll your attack/damage. (They all look the same so prioritization isnt really an issue.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

I hope that was OUR side that made the noise...I can't move from here as long as I am guarding Orik alone...


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Uh-oh. Sounds like the party is starting without us." Shaking his head, he turns to the elf, "Shalelu, they are going to need your eyes and ears - and bow. I will be right behind you, as soon as I check on my friends up here."

He ushers Shalelu toward the stairs (and Vidar with Orik) while he retraces the route that he believes Toshio took to let him know that the barrier's coming down. When he passes Rullis, he just asks, "Anything?" Getting a presumably negative answer, he hustles around to the throne room until he comes upon the samurai. It sounded like he might be coming back, so I'm not sure where we will meet.

I know there's some of them up here. I can't let my guard down and let them sneak up on the others.

Camillo, once the party is rejoined, will remain vigilant for someone sneaking up on them.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec eyes a goblin closest to them and fires at the creature.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 2 = 8

Note: If the goblin I am firing at is not within 30', please take off one point for attack & damage (Point Blank Shot).


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Overrun: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Okay. I have to do two maps because of what is happening but I think I have it figured out. It might take me a bit to get them up, it should be tomorrow morning I think.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Ok


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + (1) + (6) + (4) + (1) = 13
1d100 ⇒ 581d100 ⇒ 53

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d8 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 3 + (2) = 9

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
1d8 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + (3, 3) + 3 = 10
1d20 ⇒ 7

1d100 ⇒ 70 (High Rullis, Low Cam)
3d4 + 3 ⇒ (2, 1, 2) + 3 = 8

OOkkkaayy. New maps are up in main campaign notes.

Camillo urges Shalelu on and hustles to the other side of the throne room. Toshio begins to withdraw as Rullis stands watch. As the samurai meets his comrades at the far side of the room a hobgoblin appears from thin air wielding a blade menacingly at the samurai. Despite the element of surprise the hobgoblin's sword falls short and Toshio is able to take up a defensive posture.

From the top of the throne room the previously locked door flies open and a tall dark skinned woman with wand in hand lets fly with a magical incantation. Crystal missiles erupt from the wand and fly at Rullis with unerring precision. Rullis takes 8 Toshio I am going to rule you have your standard action left so you may counterattack, their readied actions were triggered by your movement.

As Vidar stands uneasily watching over Orik, Shalelu returns to the wizard's position. She smile wanly at Vidar though she still looks unusualy pale and unwell. Her expression changes to shock as a hobgoblin materializes from behind her landing a sharp blow across her back with a wicked longsword featuring jutting edges and a black glossy blade. Though the blow was not fatal Shalelu collapses, her eyes rolling into her head and a thick white froth coming to her mouth. The hobgoblin, larger and more elaborately armored then the others sneers at Vidar and taunts in a heavily accented common, Pretty enough to kep I think, you I'll kill for food. Vidar, your action.

Kithian and Kerrec's actions are both successful but I will narrate after I have Vidar's action in turn. There might be noise to telegraph downstairs for next round.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"You will get yours, rest assured... Vidar replies with ice in his voice.

Defence first, and how I wish I had thought to do this before...
Secure in being out of range for the hobgoblins sword, Vidar casts Mage Armor.

"Typical of an ignorant goblinoid to celebrate victory before the battle has even started."


Vidar casts his spell and the energies of magic surround him and fade, enhancing his person and increasing protection from mortal injury.

Downstairs, Kithian pushes with his strength attempting to knock back any goblins in his way and gain entry into the room. His efforts are met with success asa goblin dives out of the way rather than be crushed by the oracle. Meanwhile Kerrec follows close on Kithians heel and a goblin sizzles dead as a bolt finds home. Goblin 1 is down

Dazzled and frightened by the sudden entry all of the goblins hastily fire their weapons at Kithian despite the table blocking their way. All of the arrows are hindered by the large plank of wood but a solitary arrow does manage to graze the barbarian doing nothing but a scratch. Kithian take 1

Once Toshio posts his counterattack, Cam and company can start the next round.


So who ended up with the 2 cure mod potions, 1 cure light potion, and 6 alchemy orbs? I know I tested the potions and offered them to others, but I don't think there were any takers. Two orbs when to Camillo. Did Vidar have the rest of the orbs?


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio, just barely able to deflect the Hobgoblin's attack, draws his katana out wide, feigning an opening, then turns his body into a spin, brining his sword around to attack the goblins other side.

2 handed Power Attack1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 1 = 17
Damage1d8 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 3 = 14

He calls to Rullis, Kill the Mage!


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

The barbarian throws the table to the side and roars as he draws his falchion as he rushes the nearest goblin.

Power Attack:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12


"Gaaa!!" Rullis screams in pain as all three magical bolts strike him. Anger then builds within him in the form of electrical energy and he thrusts his own magical bolt right back at the wizard. As the blast leaves his fingertips, he bolts himself, running for cover. "With pleasure!" he grunts out as he runs, responding to the samurai. Slamming himself into the far wall, he holds his long spear at the ready for the wizard to step through the doorway.

Lightning Arc - Ranged Touch Attack (Precise/Point-Blank Shot): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Electrical Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

He moves to the upper-left corner of the room. If wizard steps through door, Rullis will get an AoO at 10-foot range with his spear.

This was my last Lightning Arc for the day. I still have 6 Storm Bursts left though.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

As far as I know, Rullis is holding onto the potions.

"Hey, I thought the party invitation said downstairs!" If possible, the rogue charges across the room and slams into the wizard, trying to knock her down.

Not sure what the appropriate maneuver would be, but my CMB is the same regardless:

Combat Maneuver check 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 including +2 for the charge; AC 15 due to charge

If a charge is not possible, this is a attack roll (hitting AC 22 for 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 points of damage


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec, always awed by Kithian's feats of strength and fighting ability,
nods in approval of the Shoanti's latest display. As he loads his crossbow, "You truly are a Son of Gorum, Kithian!"

He aims at another goblin.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + (4) + 2 = 11

Note: If the goblin I am firing at is not within 30', please take off one point for attack & damage (Point Blank Shot).


Kerrec: its a small room, that are all point blank. Camillo - I am trying to understand what your end goal is so I can adjudicate a little better. Is you hope to take her alive? Knock her ass over tea kettle? Just give me sense of what your ideal resolution is so I can interpret better.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

The idea is to take her out of the fight by whatever means possible and make it as difficult as possible to cast any more spells. Her survival is not his priority at this point.


Current Init after held actions and what not are translated:

Camillo
Rullis
Hobgoblins/Wizard
Toshio
Vidar
Kithian
Goblins
Kerrec

GM Screen:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 (Cam)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 (Vidar)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 (Toshio)

Cam charges forward and realizes that the best way to take the wizard out of the fight is to engage her in a grapple. Though lacking the skilled training of wrestlers, Camillo's attempt to bind up the thin dark skinned woman meets with little resistance other than a look of shock on the woman's face.

Rullis' lightning flares through the sky but misses its mark against the door frame to the northern hall.

Toshio's assailant continues to press the attack on the samurai but each swing of its sword is met with the calm defense of many hours of practice in the yard. The hobgoblin seems chagrined at his weak showing.

Meanwhile the hobgoblin commander advances on Vidar and though the wizard is lacking in true armor, the wizard's previous efforts prove to be for good as the serrated sword flashes against arcane forces and keeps Vidar unharmed.

Just as easily as she is scooped up the wizard breaks free from Camillo's grasp with a shriek of Let me go! Feebly the young woman backs up down the hall holding her wand before her in a meager defensive posture, looking at her escape options searchingly as the bard is left free to advance once more.

Toshio, Vidar, are up. I have Kithian's next action noted.

2,901 to 2,950 of 5,752 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.