Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


2,801 to 2,850 of 5,704 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Rullis is met with a locked door which is easily sussed out after a moment with Ripnuggets key ring. Say anyone have or look a the note off the hobgoblins?

The room features haphazard work benches and series of crude stands and shelves. Apparently this might be considered the "armory". Amongst the shelves and stands are poorly maintained but functional suits of goblin armor, a variety of weapons from the junk blade "dogslicers" and "horse choppers" to a pair of whips, some bows and a smattering of arrows. All of the items look ragged and worn with the exception of one exceptionally well put together dogslicer which looks almost as though it was cobbled together from fine metals and junk of a superior nature. there are twenty-three dogslicers, eleven shortbows, eighty arrows, eleven suits of studded leather, six light wooden shields, and two coiled whips. One dogslicer is randomly masterwork (in essence a masterwork dagger)


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:
DM Devon wrote:
Rullis is met with a locked door which is easily sussed out after a moment with Ripnuggets key ring. Say anyone have or look at the note off the hobgoblins?

Camillo has it, but I thought you said there was nothing on it earlier. I was having too much fun pressing the goblin for information, I forgot to follow up on it.

Seeing no foes, Camillo remembers his bow again and moves to collect it. Returning to where the others are, he remembers the note and takes it out of his pocket to read it.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar rubs his chin as he beholds the "treasure" and just to be safe, casts detect magic.


Nothing returns a magical aura. If there are greater treasures to be found Ripnugget did not have them put here.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Damn and damnation. One think the little blighters would at least have something for us to use.
At least we have amanaged to save lives by coming here."

Here, Vidar's eye once more travels to Shalelu on the sly.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Surveying the Armory, Toshio snorts, Honestly, considering what these vermin consider weaponry thay'd be beneath notice weren't the so dangerous towards the local population.

He turns and leaves the room,We can return for this later, perhaps the town can salvage some hear of worth out of all this.


Orik nods to Toshio Aye had we not come along with Nualia they would be minor pests at best. They are unsound in mind and more like dangerous children more than anything. It is this woman and her desire to raise dark energies that gave them more than the coward's bluster.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

So Camillo's looking at the note now... ;-)


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec starts calculating in his mind what the items would be worth on the open market. The math adds up to - not worth much.


Rullis notices Kerrec scanning the items and pipes in, "That dagger looks like it might be worth something. Probably could trade it for a healing potion or two."

"I wonder if these keys work on that locked door over there as well." He gestures toward door #12 where the magic using goblin tried to make his escape.

Moving back towards the other side of the chamber, "I think I saw another closet over here..." He glances over at door #9 in the hallway past the now missing door #8.


the note is written in a very sharp hand in Dwarven.

Dwarven:
Graxis has checked after your question. They hide their treasure in the most disgusting place possible. No surprise really. After the woman attacks the town we get paid and go.

As for door 9:

This foul-smelling butchery is a horrifying affront to all the senses.
Haunches of poorly smoked meat hang from hooks along the ceiling or lie
heaped in and atop crates. in some cases, the meat seems to be dog or
horse, but in many other cases, the meat has all-too-recognizable features, like feet, hands, or grimacing faces.


Rullis turns away quickly as he closes the door, the foul expression is striking upon his face. "I think we can rule that place out. You definitely don't want to go in there."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar, mildly fulent in Dwarven puzzles over the note.
"Hiding the treasure in the most disgusting place possible? Do they mean by OUR standards or goblin standards?
If it is our standards...then it would be the midden heap would it not?
Erm...that is, unless it is here in the kitchen."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Ah, my bad, I thought you said it was in Goblin.

Linguistics 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 I'll assume that at least lets me identify the language.

"Ah, this isn't Goblin. I'm not totally sure what language it is - maybe Dwarven? Can any of you read that? I can try to puzzle it out otherwise."

Ninja'd. Shame, it would have made so much more sense if I'd been three seconds faster...


I might have said goblin but it wasn't and I apologize for the confusion.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo pauses, "Wait. Who's hiding what treasure?"


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian looks up from petting Reggie." Treasure? What treasure."


"The most disgusting place possible? It's in that room then." Rullis gestures with his thumb to the door he just closed. "It'd better be some really good treasure then."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec peers into the room. Looking back at the others. "This is what happens when a race does not embrace the advances of civilization. They become cruel, perverse groups that feed from the lowest troughs."

Kerrec will enter the room.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Well, I prefer the kitchen to the midden heap, assuming they had anything of real value that was not taken by the TRUE leader, maybe this will help locate it..."

Vidar casts Detect magic, scanning the room slowly.

After finishing that task Vidar frowns.
"The note contains the name Graxis, and it makes references to "That woman" which I believe we know, and the way it is formulated makes me suspect it may have been written by hirelings of her.
Orik, does the name mean anything to you?"

"It sounds like they were planning on collecting their pay after the final attack on Sandpoint, rob the goblins and then be gone before anyone was the wiser."


GM Screen:

Vi 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Ke 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

The bulk of the rooms unpleasantness has to do with the combination of poor ventilation and excessive blood. In general the room is well organized, probably out of need to ensure that the chief could be sure if food was being stolen.

To that end the meat is fairly well organized by type and the pieces of humanoids seem relatively fresh. Any question as to the whereabouts of the missing patrol are quickly answered when Kerrec notes a pile of cut clothing, armor, boots and uniform shreds in a small pile in the back corner. Given the arrangement of limbs and the time missing it is impossible to know for sure if the entire patrol is in this room but certainly more than one of them was prepared for a meal.

Vidar finds no magical auras from the room or its contents but unsurprisingly Enok emits a slight caw at a glinting object amongst the various racks of meat. On the hand of a hanging arm a blood spattered ring looks to be made of gold with a soft iridescent blue/green stone inset in the center. There seem to be other markings but the ring would need to be removed and cleaned to know for sure.

Orik frowns at the question about "Graxis" but slowly a light of recognition comes across his face. The hobgoblins...one of them was named Graxis I believe. He was more orange than the others and certainly seemed the most apt at stealthy tactics. I minimized my contact with them but I am certain that name is one of them. I don't think either of the ones bested here.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Ugh. Well, if we have to look, let's do it."

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"Oh, by the nine ... this guy looks familiar - I think I spoke to him last week. Knee-biting little bastages. Maybe I'll throw the little warchanter at the bridge myself."


"I'll um... stay out here and keep watch." Rullis works on collecting all the gear that was found into an organized piles for easy collection on the way back. We'll have to come back for the horse at some point anyways, maybe it can carry some of this junk back for us.

"Well, we'll have to find this Graxis and the rest of his friends and give them the same treatment..." A little bit of venom can be heard in his voice.


In case my narration didn't get us all the way, other than the ring noted by Vidar there appears to be no treasure here.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Well spotted Enok, I guess you are good for something after all. Remind me to buy you another thimble of spirits when we get back to Sandpoint, the good kind mind you."

Curious, Vidar removes the ring and begins to clean it carefully.

I wonder of Shalelu...no! No no no! Think before you act old man, you can't give a woman a bloody ring you just found.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Well, that was unpleasant. Where to next?"


"I think there were a couple more doors back in the room with the bat on the wall. And that one door outside where the goblin tried to flee to. Probably good to clear those before heading down, but it may be good to just strike below before they get a chance to surprise us with something." Rullis looks around at the others looking for differing opinions.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"They've had time to prepare. We might as well let them stew a little longer. Let's check the doors up here and work our way toward the stairs."

There seem to be a lot of choices in the courtyard where the horse's prison was located. Care to start in there?


The double doors to the west are open when you transition into the trophy hall. This is probably where the two goblins that attacked Orik came from. A hallway with another set of double doors that are open transition to the west watchtower. There is also a door along the northern wall of the hallway.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

So Double Door #1 is open as well as another heretofore unseen pair of double doors down a short hall? And the door you refer to is in that short hall? Or are you referring to Door #4 in the trophy hall as the door on the north wall?

"Orik and Shalelu were attacked by a pair we didn't know were here. I suspect they came from this direction." If I understood you correctly regarding a door on the north wall of the short hall to the west watchtower, Camillo will go to that door and try to open it.


Rullis follows Camillo as he moves through the doors, holding up the rear with his spear at the ready.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"I wonder if they have a secret way of this island? Now that the bridge is down I mean."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Maybe from a lower level? The one we so efficiently terrified seemed to think that the run-of-the-mill folk like himself were not allowed to go down the stairs and he only indicated the bridge as an exit. Of course, I didn't break his black little heart yet and tell him the bridge was out..."


1 is open and leads to another set of double doors that are also open that leads to the western watch tower. Door 4 is a stairway downstairs. In the westbound hallway between 1 and the new doors is a single door on the north wall. I'll get an unobscured map up soon but hopefully that is clear in the meantime.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Perfectly. Camillo and Rullis will investigate the door in the north wall of the hallway to the western watchtower. And whoever else is so inclined, of course.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian moves forward holding Reggie's leash in his right hand and his falchion in his right. "Just pick one, its time to bring more pain to the foul bastages."


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio will go with Camillo.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar smiles wryly at Kithian.

"You have to admire their ability to cause damage in return do you not master Darlok?
It will take quite a few bouts of drinking to restore your previous invulnerability to my mind."

He then glances over at Orik and Shalelu, his gaze lingering on her for just a little while longer.
"Besides, we have those with us who have a bigger score to settle."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks disgustedly one last time at the room's carnage as he leaves. Hearing Vidar's comment to Kithian, Kerrec shakes his head sadly, wondering if the brutality the group has witnessed in the past week has already taken its toll, hardening them to the point of being conditioned to joke about death from the blow of a sword and the observance of body parts on meat hooks as a common occurrance now. These goblins are taking more than we wish to believe.....


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian grins and shakes his head. "Aye it took the king gobo, riding a giant fargin lizard to knock me out. And where were you my friend during that gloriouse battle? As a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing you or your bow. Maybe you can talk that pretty elf girl into showing you how to use it." Kithian barks a quick laugh before adding. "Your bow. I am talking about your bow."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar smirks.
"What? And rob you of your chance to fall on your behind? No, I was just waiting in the enviours until you feel before adding my bow to the mix, I did not want to shame you at being bested in warcraft by a wizard after all."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian slaps the ulfen on the back as moves towards the next door."Your a wizard? Hells, I thought you were just one of them rangers but just sucked at it! Now that I know that, I won't expect so much from you!"


GM Screen:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 181d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

In the western hallway you find the northern door is in fact nailed shut with a pair of rough planks. Elbow grease and a few mechanical applications ease the door open and you find another storeroom.

This storeroom is half-filled with crates, barrels, and large sacks of grain. A small hole has been chopped into the lower side of one of the barrels, allowing pickles and brine to drain out to give the room a singular stink of vinegar.

Orik lurches slightly at the smell and then winces slightly. I know this floor and the one below to some degree I can aid you in your... the man lets out a small groan and passes out.

Heal DC 10:
The poison has taken its toll on his strength and he has passed out. Fighting goblins and what not was probably more than he could handle.

Surprisingly Shalelu stirs and casts about a glance with a far more lucid eye than before, What is going on?

Vidar is able to claim the ring and finds that in addition to the light blue stone the ring itself features a swirling motif not unlike a wave or how air might be drawn.

Religion DC 10 (Rullis DC 8):
It is certainly a representation that fits with Gozreh's motif.

Religion DC 15 (Rullis DC 13):
The ring is in fact of a particular type used in a particular Gozreh ritual. The stone is often fetched coral or pearl, found by the person giving the ring. The stone is polished to high sheen and then placed in a ring of gold or silver that featured the unending rise and fall of tides; an allegory for the beating of a heart. This ring is then used in a marriage or similar binding (it has been known to bind friends or comrades among the faithful though its most common application is marriage). The practice has become somewhat old fashioned in the last few decades though a sudden revival in more esoteric traditions of marriage has seen an uptick in the ritual the last few years.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Knowledge religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Untrained, so max 10.

"You may want to look at this ring Master Stillman, seems familliar somehow."

Vidar then rushes over to Shalelu and looks her over.
"Er...welcome back, you are safe for now, we ahve cleared out most of the goblins un this building I beleive."

"How is Orik master Stillman?"


Gm Screen:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Shalelu looks Vidar with a cocked eyebrow. You have, have you? I am, am I? What of Nualia?


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"What in Desna's name were they trying to do here? Planks on the outside would make it appear that they were trying to keep someone in this room, but there's nothing here but supplies?"

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Camillo will head toward the double doors and the western watch tower next, planning on a quick once-over before moving on to new doors.


Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Know(Rel): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Rushing to Orik's side, Rullis quickly examines the fallen man. "We need to get him back to Sandpoint sooner rather than later. The poison is taking him. There is nothing more I can do for him here." Looking up at the others, "The best that we can do is make him comfortable while we find a way out of here. Then come back for him when we come to get the horses."

Slowly standing up in defeat, Rullis takes offered ring and gives it a once over. "Doesn't ring any bells. Was it doing this before? Or did this just start?" He hands the ring back before starting to look for a place where Orik could rest.


Just gonna point out Rullis that you can take 10 on the Kno if you want...


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec enters the room. "Aye Camillo, that is very sound thinking."

Kerrec will poke around.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


A light suddenly flashes over the cleric's head. "Wait, let me see that again!" He walks back toward Vidar from his place at Orik's side and takes the ring again. "Of course, must of been the stress." He steps towards the doorway with the courtyard and holds the ring up in the air to let the limited light shine through the blue stone. "Yep, this is a wedding ring. My mother had one just like this. These used to be given as a symbol of binding when those of the Gorzeh faith join together in marriage, though I haven't seen them used in quite a while. Whoever was wearing this must of the faith as well." He turns to Vidar, a look of concern on his faith. "When you found this, were you able to tell who it belonged to?"

2,801 to 2,850 of 5,704 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.