Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


2,701 to 2,750 of 5,683 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>

Yes, next round. Just my action when it's my turn before the goblins go again.

Lightning Arc (Electrical Damage): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"Well, then, my good man, let's use our arrows as they were designed to be used."

Since the hobgoblins are in melee with Toshio, Camillo doesn't risk the shot, turning his attention to the chief instead.

Attack 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12 including Inspire Courage
Damage 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

This begins the last round of lingering Inspire Courage. And I must apologize - I just realized that I've been rolling longbow damage, but it's a shortbow. Sorry.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

[b]"Well, when in doubt, aim for the eyes as my old mentor always used to say.[/ooc]

Attack on the chief: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GM:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 61d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d4 ⇒ 2
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d4 ⇒ 4

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 132d4 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14

As the chief turns to withdraw Kithian spits and utters a bellowing cry. Fraught with tension and sweat as swords swing and clang together Toshio sees Kithian emerge from beyond; a thundering mountain of rage and power. Ever the calm counterpoint to the barbarian, the samurai plants his foot and parries a blow. The hobgoblin, eyes alight, smiles as though an advantage has been gained and then is utterly destroyed by the barbarian's heavy falchion. Viscera and blood pour from the gaping wound as the sword is pushed through the goblionoid's chest.

The other hobgoblin having kept pace with his companion and the outsider from Tian blanches in surprise and whatever equality of skill was present in the fight is lost as Toshio rolls his katana off the hobgoblin's longsword and punctures his opponents heart with a precise blow. The hobgoblins fall in near unison as their blue/black blood pools upon the floor.

Reggie bounds amongst the goblins and though his initial bite falls short, the presence of a dog, especially a big loud dog, causes utter panic in the goblin ranks. Rullis' lightning fells a wounded goblin and as another goblin attempts to fire his bow in response, Reggie snaps down on the goblins arm and drives it to the ground, wailing in terror.

The warchanter's singing ceases as the goblin turns an almost sickly pale yellow color and flees along the northern wall in abject fear apparently running all out in every attempt to escape. The two remaining warriors, though panicked, manage to draw swords and put their blades to Reggie who is injured but still on his feet. Reggie takes 6

Vidar and Camillo do their best to shoot the chief but the unpredictable shifting of the gecko, the weird angle and good armoring of the chief see the arrows have little effect.

The chief, seeing his champions felled and his ranks breaking utters a bellow of his own. The gecko is spurred to action as it skitters along the wall with no apparent hindrance to its movement. Once more the chief charges at Kithian, the goblin's face easily transmitting his abject hatred for the half-orc. Descending from the wall Ripnugget collides with Kithian and his blade bites deep into the oracle's abdomen, the chief howls in victorious fury as the blow is obviously one that would fell most men or beasts alike. A slight look of shock passes on Ripnuggets face as Kithian remains standing. Kithian take another 14. That puts you below 0 but I am going to assume that you will let Orc Ferocity keep you on your feet for another round...feel free to correct me if I am wrong ;-)

Kerrec you are up. I will skip updates to the map at this point. 2 gobbos on Reggie. Chief on Kithian and Toshio. Warchanter running for dear life.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Since Camillo didn't post a move action, can I state one now that I know what the chief's doing? If so, Camillo drops the shortbow (again) and readies his shield.


Yeah no problem


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Great writing :)


Thanks. I try to make it worth reading.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Did Kerrec miss Ripnugget last round?


Mhmm, sorry yes he did. Surprisingly well armored fora gobbo.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks in horror at Kithian's grievous wounds. He moves to his side.

Kerrec will try to get to Kithian avoiding AOOs but if he can't he will take them to get to him.

Lay on Hands: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Power Attack:1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 1 = 17
Damage" 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3) + 12 = 17
Beat down by Goblins.......I will never be able to show my face again.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio can sparsely believe it. The goblin chief, in his rage, hasplaced himself in combat against a Raging Barbarian and a Samurai. Foolish. His charge was indeed mighty. Enough to fell any normal foe, but it seemed Kithan was beyond normal. Toshio can see the big man's injuries though and resolves the chief.must die now. He takes a 5ft step towards the chief's flank, spreading out his targets and attacks

Two Handed Attack, Inspired and Maybe flanking1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 = 16add +2 if flanking
Damage1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Add +2 on my last attack if flanking please!


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Troublesome...


GM Scren:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

. (This combat has taught me alot about tracking things on a PBP, good to know.) For the record Kithian won't get the flanking bonus because he is the end of the round and Toshio's step lines up the flank at next round start.

Kithian musters the last of his consciousness to press on the goblin chief. His swing is hard but falls to the side, the chief able to use his matching height and weight to roll the blow and stunt its effect. Kithian falls to the floor his wounds too grievous to stay afoot. I track Kithian at -3 after the LOH

The goblins on Reggie fail to replicate their efforts as the mastiff tears the throat of his downed prey. The warchanter is at a door on the north wall desperate to paw it open.

From the south a cry echoes from the hallway. Orik has been engaged.

Don't worry Kithian you join the proud and noble tradition of my assault on barbarian character with goblins. A friend of mine reminded me when I was describing this situation that I see to be a cursed GM for barbs who try to take on the green menace. You'll be the 5th tally on that chalkboard. Good news is, they all have lived. ;-P

Camillo goes before Toshio so I don't want to narrate Toshio's attack until Cam does what he plans on doing...


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

I think I jumped the gun with my post for this round - it's above, a missed bow shot, dropped the bow, readied the shield.


No you were on round previous. You wanted to shoot at the hobgoblins but shot at the cheif, he charged and you asked if you could pull the shield and drop the bow since you hand't moved. I said yes. The chief hit Kithian, Kithian missed and Kerrec healed. Round start its you then Toshio. Toshio posted his intended action but you aren't in this round yet. I think what confused things is I sorta let you split your actions last round.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Well, then, my apologies.

Camillo, hearing Orik's cry, says, "Orik and Shalelu have been found! I'm going to give them aid."

Camillo will draw his longsword as he hustles toward where the wounded were left. I presume it's going to take a double move or better to get there.

Edit: Actually, it looks like it might be a single move action to reach the square next to the door, so he might have an opportunity to attack. If so, here's his attack.

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Using Arcane Strike


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Bu Asmodeus hairy arse!


Camillo rounds the corner to find Orik sliding his sword from a goblin's body as another menaces the semi-conscious Shalelu. Channeling his connection to the arcane Camillo's blade hums with energy and *pops* as the bard lands his blade upon the attacker. The goblin cries out and falls, the threat has been abated.

Sentries from the eastward tower I think, Orik sighs. A hard sheen of sweat and labored breathing show he gave his best effort. Camillo can tell that had he not come there is a chance pure illness would have taken Orik from the fray prematurely. How fares the battle? I have heard many screams from the barbarian.

Meanwhile Toshio presses his advantage and steps to better strike his foe but finds that Kithian is not in any shape to harry their mutual target. Despite the maneuver the goblin chief turns aside the samurai's thrust. Toshio can see in the flickering torchlight that Ripnugget aside from being armored in a breastplate appears to have a bark like texture to his skin which certainly makes him more resistant to the blows that have tested his defenses.

Vidar and Rullis then goblins then Kerrec.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

"The barbarian has found a definite challenge in the chief. Is there something you can slide in front of the door when we close it? Perhaps we should hide the two of you somewhere else - maybe up the tower?"


There can't be many left up here, but perhaps the tower would be best.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Noting the Chief's appearance, and noting the mobility the lizard affords him, Toshio warns the others, His skin is like wood, pick your strikes well! Kill his mount!


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Gurgle...fargin.....icehole....gurgle....


With Kithian down, it is far too dangerous to heal him right now. Must eliminate the threat of the chief first. He prepares to target the chief, but at the last second the swordsman yells to kill the mount. He redirects his attack at the gecko and fires.

Lightning Arc - Ranged Touch Attack (Precise/Point-Blank): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Electrical Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Lightning arcs from Rullis' finger tips and strikes the gecko dead of center. The mount shifts under the chief and emits a sort of unearthly scream. Ripnugget pulls on the reins with effort but manages to keep the mount under control despite the injury.

Vidar?


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

What to do, I am about as useful as a snowball outside Caina!

Holding action again.


GM Screen:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 2) + 4 = 13

Reggie downs another goblin and the last one standing steels itself to fight the dog landing a slash on the mastiff's flanks. Reggie yelps but knocks his prey down. He does not look likeh e can handle much more abuse.

The chief snarls at his warchanter who seems to regain enough composure to cast a spell as a large black curtain flies from the ceiling and blocks Vidar's view of the action.

DC Will 12:
A simple but effective illusion. You see through it easily.

Checking his flank but obviously angry at Rullis, the chief notes that Kerrec stands in his way. KNowing his power is in his maneuverability the chief wheels his gecko and charges the paladin.

Toshio. AoO.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Oh, this is helpful! Damnation!


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

...cork....soaker....


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

AOOToshio allows himself a slight smile. He figured the rider may forget his target if his mount was attacked. It was a common error in tactics from many riders, now the chief had shown his back to Toshio.
He siezes the oppurtunity, trying to kill the mount or at least turn the rider again...

Two Handed Attack1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Two Handed Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

He tries to keep the focus upon himself, He's panicing, BRING HIM DOWN!


Despite the fullness of his strike Toshio sees his blade glance off the goblin's bark textured skin. The chief does not seem affected by the sword's edge at all. His AC is higher than 18. Thanks to the barkskin. I wanted to clarify so my narration was not interpreted as DR of some kind...

Ripnugget drives his gecko at Kerrec. Again the chief takes his practiced position and brings his blade forward using the lizard's momentum to increase the vicious nature of his attacks. Ripnugget collides with the paladin and scores a biting blow. Kerrec take 13 All you longshanks will die, Ripnugget is the mightiest!


Kerrec's action then next round start. Vidar let me know when you want to insert your next action. Kithian roll a stabilize check for me please.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting
Toshio Kaijitsu wrote:

AOOToshio allows himself a slight smile. He figured the rider may forget his target if his mount was attacked. It was a common error in tactics from many riders, now the chief had shown his back to Toshio.

He siezes the oppurtunity, trying to kill the mount or at least turn the rider again...

Two Handed Attack1d20+7
Two Handed Damage1d8+4

He tries to keep the focus upon himself, He's panicing, BRING HIM DOWN!

My bold. Sorry, I thought I was being clear enough about attacking the Gecko. Ah well, Carry on.


No no no!

I missed that.

*wiggle wavy DM fingers*


GM Screen:

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Where the chief is well armored, the gecko is not. Attempting to turn and make an assault on Kerrec, Ripnugget leaves his mount exposed and Toshio senses opportunity. The katana bites deep into the gecko's flank and the odd moving lizard issues a loud squelch of pain. It collapses under the strain of its injury and gurgles as its life's breath passes. Ripnugget pitches on his saddle and falls to the ground, his rider's reflexes not enough to catch the sudden loss of momentum.

NOW it is Kerrec's turn. Ripnugget is prone. Etc, etc. etc.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar decides that he has had enough of this and begins to slowly fall back towards Camillo, hoping he might prove more useful there.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Toshio senses this is there chance,
He is grounded, KILL HIM!


Watching the goblin rider go down, Rullis jumps at the opportunity, quickly moving around to fallen creature. Staying 10 feet away, the cleric moves to the left behind him and stabs out with his long spear hoping to take advantage of the foul thing's predicament.

Long Spear Melee Attack (10 ft away): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 (Defender takes -4 to AC)
Long Spear Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

The tip of his spear should pierce the goblin druid's bark-like skin. He holds his position 10 feet away, waiting to see if it tries to stand back up and hopefully provide flanking for Kerrec to charge in if necessary.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec smiles grimly. He loads his crossbow raising it at the goblin chief.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + (3) + 3 = 11


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Just to bring the initiative order closer...

DM Devon wrote:

Camillo

Toshio
Vidar
Rullis
Goblins
Kerrec
Kithian/Reggie

It appears that all have gone and it's back around to me.

Camillo nods at Orik's response and with a parting, "Just be safe, we'll be back soon," he takes off for the double doors. With Toshio holding the east door and Vidar backing him up, I'll have more room to contribute on the other side. Besides, Kithian's bellow of pain has me concerned... As the rogue hustles around, he 'charges' his sword back up in case a goblin slips past the others.

Camillo will double move around through the double doors. If he can get close enough to threaten the goblin chief as he stands, that's where he will be. Preferably presenting Toshio or whoever with a flank, too.


Male Human Samurai2 AC 18/11/16, HP 19/19Conditions: Nil, F5/R2/W1+2vs Mind Effecting

Seeing Rullis deliver an impressive spear thrust to the chief, Toshio moves in to flank, cutting of escape and delivering a swing in a great downward slash.

Two Handed Flanking Attack vs prone1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 7 + 2 = 19
Damage1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

The slash comes down and across, making the sound of an axe hitting a tree, but the blade cuts deep and blood flows sure enough. After the swing, he moves his blade into a high guard, ready to attack should the chief attemptto stand.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

sum ...batch....


1 person marked this as a favorite.

GM Screen:

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
1d20 - 4 ⇒ (15) - 4 = 11

Camillo passes Vidar in the hall and moves into the main room, seeing a large curtain has obfuscated the entrance but then sees that is is clearly not real on second inspection. The bard moves into the room to aid but fins the situation well in hand.

Though Kerrec's shot misses the goblin, Rullis and Toshio's blades do not. The spear tip from the cleric gleams in the torchlight and its downward arc pins the goblin into the floor. Gurgling with fury Ripbugget attempts to rise but his protests and pain are ended with a silent sweep of Toshio's sword as the chief head is cleanly cut from his body. The goblin chiefs bastard crown slowly spins towards the empty "throne" a fitting commentary to Ripnuggets end.

Reggie staves off further wounds and finishes the last goblin commando. The sudden *snap* of a breaking neck ending the terror stricken struggles. The warchanter, unable to find effective exit places his back against the wall and cries for mercy. Reggie growls at first but then pads to Kithian and whines at the barbarian to rise.

Off init. The warchanter's morale is so devastated he won't resist whatever you do to him. Congrats on the fight. You all shimmer and light up, welcome to level 3. Obviously you are all in the middle of an encounter but I have some thoughts which I will post in the OOC


With the threat gone, Rullis immediately kneels to Kithian's side and uses his healing wand to bring him back to consciousness.

Cure Light Wounds Wand on Kithian: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 (If this isn't enough to wake him up, he'd plug him again.)

As everyone congregates back together, he says another prayer to Gorzeh to send another wave of healing out to everyone:

Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4 (For everyone)


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"The battle is won Orik, join us in the hall for a little confabulation and healing if you would, and bring Ms Shalelu."


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Camillo, sword and shield in hand, walks over to the warchanter, and stares at him sternly for a long moment.

Goblin:
"You wish to live, yes? Tell me your name. Tell me why I should let you live."

Yeah! A new level!


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec scans the room for anymore threats. Seeing the warchanter cowering he strides over to the creature and levels his crossbow at him. Kerrec takes his manacles out and fastens them to the creature's hands. He motions with the crossbow for him to walk ahead of Kerrec and leads him to the group.


Bard (Arcane Duelist) 2/Rogue 2 AC 21/14/17, hp 25/25; Effect:

Or Camillo can talk to the creature after the paladin marches it over to the rest of the party. We can do that instead.

2,701 to 2,750 of 5,683 << first < prev | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.