Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


201 to 250 of 5,910 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human Court bard 1

At the Mention of the Rusty Dragon, Camilo seems to get very nervous...

" the Rrrusty Dragon you say...?"

"calm yourself fool, You should not be so nervous, everything will work itself out..Camilo thinks to himself, He takes a deep breath, and seens to compose himself.

"Yes.. some Ale would be great, Calms the Nerves.."


Rullis gives Camilo a strange look. "That sounds like a good idea. Maybe we'll see that man who called you sir knight. I never got a chance to speak with him."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar nods as the father does his best to answer the questions.

"Very well, please inform the sheriff that I would appreciate if he shared any answers he might get, and that I am also fluent in the vile tongue of the goblins should he need a translator."

Vidar raises an eyebrow at Calmio, but says nothing.

"A fair offer friend Valorian, please lead the way."

Vidar falls in behind Kerrec, waiting for him to lead the way.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian slaps Kerrec on the back, "If your buying, then I'm drinking."


Kithian Darlok wrote:
Kithian then bends down and gives the dead body of the goblin rider a quick search.

Forgot to address this. The mounted goblin had studded leather armor, a shortbow with 20 arrows, a light wooden shield, and a masterwork horsechopper. All items sized for a small character.

Not sure if I'll be able to post your arrival at the Rusty Dragon today. Not spending much time at the computer today at work.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian takes the horsechopper, since it is the best goblin weapon he has ever seen.


The Rusty Dragon (#37 on the map) is located on Market Street, on the south side of Sandpoint, just up the street from the southern entrance to town. It is notable for the impressive (and quite rusty) iron dragon looming on the building's roof, doubling as a lightning rod and decoration.

The place is lively tonight. The Rusty Dragon had represented itself well at the festival, but the chance to discuss the goblin attack is the most likely draw, as you overhear patrons exchanging stories of their encounters at every table.

You find a table in a corner, and a waitress weaves her way through the tables with some difficulty to take your order. "Hi guys. Dinner tonight is orange chicken. And we've got some early winterdrop mead that goes well with it, as well as all our regular ales. What can I get you?"

Camilo:
You see Ameiko is working at the bar. She's busy taking orders and preparing drinks, so she hasn't noticed you.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

As Vidar takes a seat at the table he nods at the Waitress.
"I would like a tankard of that mead, and if you don't mind, perhaps you could pour some mead into a smaller cup for my Raven, he as well as myself have earned some relaxation, defeating those wretched little goblins made us work up quite a thirst."

After that Vidar looks at Enok, who has by now taken his usual position on Vidars left shoulder. Enok nods his beak eagerly and speaks. "Yes yes, very thirsty, need to drink!"


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"Ale! Crushing all those goblins has worked up a mighty thirst!"


Carefully lowering himself into a chair, his chest still hurting a bit from the halberd that pierced it, "I'll pass on the chicken, but some of that winterdrop mead I'll take."

Looking at Vidar, "Is that your raven? Does it drink mead as well?" Rullis chuckles at the thought.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar smirks a little at Rullis question, and then he looks up at the raven. "Where are your manners? You have been asked a question, introduce yourself and answer the man!"

The raven turns its head in Rullis direction and caws once before speaking. "I be Enok, happy t'meet you, I like mead and beer and spirits."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec shakes his head in the affirmative at the waitress for the meal and mead.

Kerrec smiles seeing the interplay between Enok and the others. Being around familiars is not unusual for him as you couldn't walk more than a block in Kaer Maga without bumping into a mage. He scans the room looking to see if Aldern was there to make good on his dinner offer. He's content to listen to the others while keeping an ear open for any conversations regardign the day's events.


Rullis smiles as the Raven introduces himself. "Well hello Enok, I'm Rullis. It is nice to meet you too." Turning his gaze back to Vidar, "That's a really neat raven you have there."


Male Human Court bard 1

Before Entering the Rusty Dragon, Camilo stops outside and trys to Straighten himself up the best he can. Using Prestidigitation, he Cleans his Clothes off. Trys to wipe any mud, blood or Grime off his Face.

"Now or never.."He says with a deep breath, Entering the Tavern. He Finds the Table with his new Friends and sits down. With his Eyes never Leaving the bar, he jumps when the waitress comes around..

"Yes.... hrm Um some Ale please.."

Camilo barley hears the rest of the group, and continues to star at the Bar.


Seeing Camilo's attention being captured by something, Rullis tries to follow his gaze. After seeing nothing but a crowded bar, he says, "Hey Camilo, what'cha looking at? See someone you know?"


Male Human Court bard 1

" Wha?.. um.. yes, yes I do. The owner of the establishment, Ameiko. Her and I used to be....Close."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar nods at Rullis comment, a motion swiftly echoed by Enok as well. "Yes, he is a fine specimen, each wizard needs to form a bond with an item or an animal, tis' the sign that you have achieved full status within the cabal or academe where you trained you see." Vidar strokes his beard a little. "He is a fine companion on the hunt, but not much use in a serious conversation, at the moment his level of sentience is about the same as an 8 year old human child, though as I unlock more mysteries of the arcane, his mind will expand accordingly."

Vidar raises an eyebrow at Camilo's comment. "Use to be? Not anymore? A lovers quarrel or something of that nature perchance?"


Male Human Court bard 1

" I'm not sure why I'm telling you all this.. I hardly know you, but due to some.. Issues with her Father, I had to Leave, or forefit my life. I have not seen her in many Years. I've sent her Post, but never got a response... So I'm a bit nervous. I'm not sure if she hates me for dissapearing or not.."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar nods, having figured something like that might be it. "But here you are, the father is no longer a problem then?"

Vidar nods and whispers something to Enok, Enok then flies over to the bar.

Dm:
"Enok, fly and inform that nice lady behind the bar that there is someone over here who would like to see her, an old friend."


Male Human Court bard 1

"Well... its been 6 Years since I fled. I heard from some travelers passing through Riddle Port That Ameiko had made a Name for herself, and was owner of a fantastic tavern. My curiousity got the best of me, I could nt stay away any longer. Now that she's out of her Fathers house, I'm hoping he won't be an Issue.."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Well, whatever happens, I will not allow him to atempt to murder you mearly because he does not consider you proper companionship for his daughter, by the looks of her she is old enough to make up her own mind."


"Maybe one of us could go up and talk to her and find out. While I've never talked with her before, I come here every now and then so she might recognize me as a regular customer. I could try and talk to her for you."

DM:
Would I have any knowledge of Camilo's situation or the status of Ameiko by being local to Sandpoint?


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Saying a short prayer to Abadar in hopes that Camilo's love life doesn't get in the way of the first real food other than trail rations he's had in days, Kerrec turns to Kithian.

"You wield a fine blade Kithian," Kerrec compliments. "Were you formally trained in Varisia?"


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian turns towards Kerrec, "Thank you, but “”Smashing Goblins” is a children’s game we would play in my tribe. It is how we learned to be true warriors in a controlled setting. But yes, I was trained by the War Chief of the Bear Tribe in weapons and tactics, but I was always handier with a falchion."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar turns to Kithian. "Indeed? Quite an interesting childhood you seem to have had master Darlok, but I must admit that such a "game" sounds appealing to me, since I have no great love for the wicked little blighters...or any of the larger kinds of goblinoids."

He then turns to Kerrec. "By-the-by, you should really consider adding some slightly larger melee weapon to your arsenal in the future master Valorian, sometime one cannot stop the enemy coming too close for comfort. It makes me miss my bow; I unfortunately lost it on the sea voyage here."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Addressing Kithian: "Quite a game. You should visit Kaer Maga sometime. Your ability could make you a fair amount of gold there."

Kerrec pats his crossbow addressing Vidar: "Hand-to-hand combat is not my forte. I've found many conflicts can be resolved without violence if one is persuasive enough. But if it comes to the crossing of swords my aim with the crossbow has aided me in the past. My dagger is used as a last resort. The city where I was trained has many dark, dangerous alleys where the smaller the weapon aids in the element of surprise."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar nods sagely at Kerrecs words. "Fair points and well made master Valorian, still, I would advise you to pick up a sword for those times when you have the space to swing it, and a dagger might not "cut" it as the saying goes. Or better yet, use an axe, the favoured weapon of my people. Sometimes that could mean the difference between felling a foe peppered with bolts and arrows with a single strike, rather than allowing the enemy a counter attack."

It looks like Vidar is quite happy to discuss things at length, eager in fact.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

"I am just a poor farm boy Vidar. While I have been been trained in all sorts of weaponry, it seems the tools I have used in my youth still serve me best. Where do you hail from that the axe is the peacemaker?"


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

”Yes Vidar, you have the look and speech of a warrior, but claim to be one of the Wiz-ards I have heard of in tells. One of my tribe’s wise women had a crow companion, but she was frail and old. But I must agree with you, a dagger is good for killing a guard silently or cleaning game, but not for true warfare. Even the goblin rider had a better weapon than a dagger, as our new friend Rullis can swear! Kithian laughs and holds up the horse chopper. ”Here friend Kerrec, a proper weapon for you until you can replace your camp tool.”


Male Human Court bard 1

Only half-listening to the conversation, Camilo injects this bit of info that is not reall on topic..

"Ahhh well the Dwarfs have a Saying.."Look to the left side of your Weapons.. Blacksmiths hammer turns into a War hammer, an Axe used to chpo wood can as easily Split an attackers shield..."


As the discussion turns towards weapons and warriors, something he doesn't have much experience with outside of hunting game, Rullis just sits quietly and listens while enjoying his mead. If the drinks haven't arrived yet, then he'd be joining Camilo is looking towards the bar, but looking for the waitress instead to see when his drink will arrive.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Seeing Kithian brandish the horse-chopper, Kerrec purses his lips. "Not alot of good it did for the goblin wielding that in the end, yet I, defending myself with my simple farm tool, sit here waiting for a good ale and warm food. Perhaps it's not the weapon, but the wielder, that holds the true power in one's fate."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar leans back a little and nods before speaking. "I am Ulfen, from the lands of the Linnorm kings, although I was raised on the streets of riddleport mostly, and as such I had little choice but to grow up fast or be cut down before I had a chance. On occasion I would meet kin from home who would enlighten me to the truth of my culture. And as Calmio said, an axe is not just a tool of war, but also one used for more mundane but equality important tasks, chopping firewood for instance, without which many a homestead would stand empty after a harsh winter."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian roars in laughter. "Very true indeed Camilo. By the blessings of the war god, any item can be used as an implement of war. By the hells, this mug of ale can be used to kill! But there are more practical "tools" of war to be used. Friend Kerric, you are true in your sayings, you stand while the goblin is food for the earth, but ask friend Rullis which he would rather be struck with, your wee dagger or this weapon of war, used by a wee little creature that nearly ended his worldly travels."


Rubbing his chest where it still hurts from the blow he took, "But if that creature wasn't riding such a fast animal, he would of never have gotten close enough or had enough momentum to hit me like that." Drawing his fishing knife and displaying it, "I'm a little personal to a small knife myself, but I generally use it to gut the fish that I catch." He puts his knife back away.


There's no sign of Foxglove in the dining room.

Rullis:
You wouldn't have known anything about Camilo's relationship with Ameiko. If you're asking if she's single, one of the rumors about her is that she has a secret lover in town. But that rumor usually comes up when people are wondering why she quit adventuring. If the question becomes "who's her secret lover", the gossip usually deteriorates into "well, whoever he is, he's a lucky man!" or "well, maybe something did happen to her" (referring to the other popular rumor of why she quit adventuring).

Enok flies over to the bar, and sets down close to Ameiko. Ameiko's almond-shaped eyes and straight dark hair give her an exotic beauty, clearly inherited from her noble family, but her tattoos and the blonde streaks through her hair show her affinity for the less-noble classes of Varisia. She has an easy smile for the patrons at the bar and those walking nearby who catch her eye on this busy night. She looks at the raven on her bar bemusedly until he starts speaking, at which point she clearly recognizes the source of his sentience. She looks over at the table Enok indicates, and nods her head when she recognizes Camilo, and a coy smirk plays on her lips. She talks to Enok briefly, raising her eyebrows at one of his responses, then she sets a shot glass on the bar and fills it up for him. Enok dips his beak into it appreciatively.

Ameiko then loads up the tray of your waitress, then gets back to her customers. Your waitress brings over your drinks. She tells you this round is on the house, and tells Kerrec that the food will be out in a moment. She makes good a minute later, weaving through the tables with a tray full of dishes, handing them out as she does. She sets the last one down in front of Kerrec. She scans your glasses and asks if anyone's ready for a refill.


"Well Camilo, I take it she is not upset. There have been rumors in town that she had a secret lover as she turned everyone down, but no one knew who that might be. Maybe you're that secret lover. You should go to her when she's not busy."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

"Trust in this Kithian, if one has chosen the path of injustice and evil, this dagger in my hand is as dangerous as a cavalryman with a polearm. My faith in Abadar and the teachings of my senior justicars have opened my eyes to the power of the divine and the will of the mind. Whatever weapon I hold in my hand pales in comparison to the weapon" - Kerrec points at his head - "I have honed here" - and then he points at his heart "and here."

Kerec gives the waitress a nod of thanks for the free round and the food. He orders another round for his tablemates.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian turns his head slightly and nods. " Ah, then you are a holy warrior. I have been taught of those such as you. Yes, those who have been touched by the gods are very formidable opponents. I myself am walking the path of a “God Touched.”
He picks up the first free drink and downs it as fast as he can.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar nods a little smugly as he sees Enok perform the task he was told to do and secure his own reward. He then takes a firm hold of the tankard and takes a deep swallow, smacking his lips appreciatively.
"Ah yes, a tankard or three is exactly the thing to take the edge of this nasty business, Goblins...like I do not get enough of those malevolent little things underfoot during hunting."

He then turns to Camilo. "It appears she is nothing but pleased to see you, when business dies down a little you might want to talk to her." Vidar takes another deep swallow from his tankard. "I for one am glad the battle did not last longer, the only magic I had left was an incantation to discover secret doors, not particularly valuable in a confrontation"


Rullis takes a long drink. In response to Vidar, "Same here. The only incantation I had left was to create a giant cloud of fog. Might be useful if a brawl breaks out here and we need to make a hasty exit."


Male Human Court bard 1

Camilo, catching the smile Ameiko shoots him smiles back, hastly finishes his Ale

"Phew.. thats a load off I wasn't sure if she would throw us out of here.. ha! I'm not sure I can stand waiting till the place Clears out.. However, I refuse to be rude.."

When the Bar Maid comes back, Camilo Gets her attention, and Whispers a Few things in her Ears..

DM:

" Heya Lass, Think the Owner would mind if I got up and Played a Little Tune? I'm Quite good.."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar nods to Camilo. "Yes, I apologise for interfering by sending Enok as a messenger, but it seemed that it was better to get that out of the way as swiftly as possible, otherwise it might just end up like having a tooth pulled.

Vidar then nods towards the bar. "But I would bet good money the little rascal might have embellished the story somewhat to be rewarded as he was, raven's are a bit avaricious after all."


The waitress nods an affirmative to Camilo's inquiry. "You'd be welcome. It's an open stage here."


Rullis looks puzzled towards Camilo. "An open stage? What did you ask the waitress? Are you going to go up and sing a song to Ameiko on the stage?"

To himself: I hope this doesn't create too big of a scene. I'd better keep that obscuring mist spell ready.


Male Human Court bard 1

A wide Grin on his face, Camilo Walks up to the Stage pulling up a Stool. He Claps his hands together, and Slowly pulls them apart.. Suddenly in his hands, a Lute Appears! Casts Summon Instrument

Camilo Begins to play and sing a song about a Small port town that was attacked by Goblins during a festival. He details he Heroics of a small group of travels that happened to be in the right place at the right time.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

As he has had a lot of experience with bards in Riddleport, Vidar mutters under his breath. "I hope he does not exaggerate our accomplishments too highly now, we still have to live with these people after all..."

He then finishes his tankard with a deep swallow before ordering another. After all, he is indoors, the night is young, and there is not likely to be more Goblins to slay this evening.


Camilo Duin wrote:
Camilo Begins to play and sing a song about a Small port town that was attacked by Goblins during a festival. He details he Heroics of a small group of travels that happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Don't forget to roll your performance.


Male Human Court bard 1

oops..

performance check..

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


In response to Vidar's comment, "He seems to be doing a great job. I'm rather impressed."

Rullis relaxes a bit, leans back, and takes another long drink from his tankard as he watches Camilo sing and play.

201 to 250 of 5,910 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.