Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


151 to 200 of 5,797 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian roars in attempt to distract the goblins."Turn and face your doom, Dog Kissers!"

Start at H18. Charge goblin at G9 if posible, I dont have my books here so I am not sure if I can charge in supprise round. If I can't then I will move to H12.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

In the surprise round Kerrec will fire his crossbow at the goblin in F9 unless that Goblin is down which then he would fire at E9.

Attack: 1d20+3 [4,3] = (7)

Damage: 1d8 [6] = (6)


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

I think you are allowed a partial charge during a surprise round, in other words, you can move your speed and then attack, rather than double your speed like a true charge.


Male Human Court bard 1
DM Noone wrote:
Camilo Duin wrote:
lets try the sleep again, aiming to hit just the 4 goblins
Don't forget your initiative. It looks like in the next round (round 1), you'll use your standard action to finish the spell, then have a move action left. (Core, pg 186 - this is more a reminder to myself than you; I don't have much experience with casters...)

int.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

kk thats fine


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

As Vidar moves into position he calls out to Kithian: "Clearly an insult to dogs everywhere rather than the goblins my hulking friend, you may need to apologize to the canine species later on."


Rolls:
Gob init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
G1 save vs 13: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
G2 save vs 13: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
G3 save vs 13: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
G4 save vs 13:
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17

Kerrec fires a warning shot through the four celebrating goblins, alerting them to your presence, and successfully drawing their attention from their prey. Camilo's quick reactions let him cast a spell before the goblins can react. Two of them fall to the ground asleep. Goblins 2 (F9) & 3 (G8) are asleep.

Initiative:
Camilo
Rullis
Vidar
Kerrec
GC
G1
G2 (asleep)
G3 (asleep)
G4
Kithian

Map for round 1, after Camilo's turn.

Rullis is up.


It seems the map is missing Kithian. With a movement of 40, he may have been able to charge G4 with a single movement and attack in the surprise round. Regardless, he is missing from the map.

With a sudden gust of wind and rain, Rullis draws upon his powers from Gozreh and sends a storm burst towards the mounted goblin.

Storm Burst Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Non-Lethal Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 plus -2 on attack rolls for 1 round.

Seeing himself miss yet again, Rullis mutters under his breath before retreating back a bit.

Move to F17.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar moves to a better position, mutters a few arcane words under his breath and then points his indexfinger at the one of the goblins.

Move to H14, then cast Daze at G4
Dc 14 Will save or dazed for one round.


Whoops!

New map! Now with Kithian!

Kithian's in med armor, so his speed is reduced to 30. I had checked his action, I just forgot to plug him in on the map.


Male Human Court bard 1

Seeing his Sleep spell take effect, Camilo Draws his bow, and takes a Shot at the Mounted Goblin!

atk
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

dmg
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec, muttering something under his breath about regretting not practicing with his deity's weapon over the past week, loads his light crossbow and fires.

He aims at G4 unless he is down then it will be G1.

Attack: 1d20+3 [19,3] = (22)
Crit confirmation: 1d20+3 [8,3] = (11)

Damage: 1d8 [4] = (4)
Damage if crit: 2d8 [3,5] = (8)


Rolls:
G4 Will save vs daze: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Mounted goblin attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Dog attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Rullis's save vs allergy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
G1 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d4 ⇒ 2[/ooc]

The goblin Vidar points at lets his blade drop to his side, then stares off into space, dazed. Kerrec draws a bead on the other standing goblin and fires a bolt into his neck. Blood pours over his shoulder, but he still stands. He moves to Kithian and swings his dogslicer, catching him with a glancing cut. Kithian takes 2 points of damage.

Swinging his horsechopper over his head, the mounted goblin charges the spellcaster that attacked him. The goblin's polearm cuts through Rullis's stomach, and his disgusting dog follows up with his own savage bite. Rullis takes 12 points of damage from both attacks. Is he down?

Map of round 1 after goblins' movement.

Kithian is up.


Unable to move out of the way of the charging goblin, Rullis grabs his gut as the polearm drives into it. He collapses in a pool of blood.

Stablize Con Check: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

Blood continues to flow as he take additional damage on his turn.

Was at -4 from the attack, now at -5.


Male Human Court bard 1

Looks like I jumped the Gun a bit.. not Much i can do for our Healer atm, Have some potions, but will take a few rounds to get it to him. Since the Goblin riding the dog is now with in 30 feet, Ad +1/+1 to the atk and dmg roll


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian takes a swing at the goblin in front of him. "Your death has come!"
Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3) + 9 = 14


Kithian's swing misses the little monster in front of him. Camilo has better luck. His arrow lodges into the mounted goblin's thigh.

The map is still valid, since neither Kithian nor Camilo moved.

Initiative:
Camilo
Rullis (dying)
Vidar
Kerrec
GC
G1 (injured)
G2 (asleep)
G3 (asleep)
G4 (dazed, ends this round)
Kithian

Vidar is up.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Seeing things starting to go against his allies, Vidar is once more overwhelmed with anger and calls out.

"Avaunt thou filthy spawn of devilry!"

He then mutters the same arcane phrase as before, this time pointing at the mounted goblin.

Daze at MG

After that he quickly moves to a better position to help Kithian.

Move action to I11, avoiding AOO's

"Flank thy enemy with mine assistance, as unto a pack of wolves!" He calls out to Kithian.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Seeing Rullis fall, Kerrec loads his crossbow, says a prayer to Abadar and fires at the goblin, he then takes a 5' step to stand over the fallen Rullis (which is think is permissable in the order I did things).

Attack: 1d20+3 [20,3] = (23)
Crit confirmation: 1d20+3 [14,3] = (17)

Damage: 2d8 [5,8] = (13)

Holy cow Invisible Castle has been my friend!


Rolls:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

The mounted goblin's eyes gloss over as Vidar's spell affects him. A moment later, a bolt from Kerrec hits him square between the eyes, and he falls off his mount. His mount bites at Kerrec in retaliation, but his teeth can't penetrate the scales of his armor. After witnessing the goblin commando's fall, the other two goblins turn tail and flee toward the north gate.

Round 2 after goblins.

Kithian is up.


Male Human Court bard 1

"Hang in there Rullis! I got you"

Franticly, Camilo Slings is Bow, and searches his pack for a Potion of Healing, after a few moments, he finds it

double move actions, sling bow, Draw Potion, next round, its a full round action to pour the Potion into Rullis's Mouth

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian belows in rage at the retreating goblins and moves to attack the remaining ankle biter.

Move to F10 and power attack G2.

Power Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12


The two goblins there are the ones that Camilo put to sleep. The only current threat is the goblin dog.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Ah, Ok then I charge the goblin dog.

Power Attack:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Crit Confirm:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 4) + 9 = 15


Stabilize Con Check: 1d20 - 5 ⇒ (14) - 5 = 9

Rullis falls to -6.

Camilo: You'll want to make sure that dog goes down before you pour the potion in, otherwise it gets an AoO.


Kithian, seeing the battlefield clear of goblins, turns his attention to the goblin dog, too stupid to see when it was defeated. He charges, lifting his falchion over his head, and he brings it down on the dog in a wide arc. The dog lets out a hoarse whimper, then expires.


From what I could tell, you don't need to roll a stabilize check the same time your character is brought below 0 - just at the beginning of your turn. So Rullis only had one failed check and should be at -5 when Camilo gives him the potion. After the potion, he should be at -1, but stable.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec lets out a big sigh seeing that Rullis is no longer falling towards death. He loads his crossbow and scans the square looking for any more threats. "This was a large, well planned attack. How could could so many of them make their way into the village unseen?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Seeing no enemies left, seeing Rullis being treated, Vidar walks over to the man hiding behind the barrels outside the in, first he checks on the dog to see if it can be saved.

Heal check:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Then he checks on the man himself.

"Verily sir, I believe it is safe to come out now, the goblins are dispatched or in a rout. Are you hurt? We should perhaps call the cleric."

Vidar walks over to Kerrec.

"There are only two ways in, the east is open, and the north has a gate that can be bared, it almost seems like they would have had to have help to execute this, surley they have leaders smarter than their own kind as well."


Not to try and argue with a GM giving me an extra hit point... :)

PRD wrote:
On the character's next turn, after being reduced to negative hit points (but not dead), and on all subsequent turns, the character must make a DC 10 Constitution check to become stable.

Rullis' turn came up twice between being knocked down and the potion being poured, so that would be two checks. He went down on the goblin's action in round 1. Camilo finished his sleep spell started in the surprise round on round 1, fired his bow on round 2, slung bow and drew potion on round 3, and poured potion on round 4 just before Rullis had to make a third con check. Rullis made con checks on rounds 2 and 3.


Male Human Court bard 1

Camilo sees the Potion didn't have much effect, Draws a 2nd one and Applys it to Rullis

"This wound must have been tougher than i thought, or these Healing potions are cheaply made. Last time I trust that Halfling Merchant..."

should be my last one, onyl had 2

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Doh! my luck on potions lately has been terrible


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian wipes the goblin dog's foul blood from his blade and listens to Vidar's deduction. "I agree. There is no way the ankle bitters could have constructed and pulled of such an assualt with out help."He reaches down and massages his leg where the cowardly goblin struck him before fleeing.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar turns towards Camilo.

"Maybe you could get that cleric that was speaking before this all went down? Father something or another. Rullis had healing, if we can get him back on his feet he can help tend the wounded as well."


As the conflict clears, the noble comes out of hiding. He looks around cautiously, making sure the coast is clear, and approaches Kerrec: "Good sir knight! Thank you for your timely aid! He was a fearsome one! I'm very lucky such a skillful crossbowman came along! Oh, and his companions, as well!" He nods to the rest of the party before turning back to Kerrec. "My name is Aldern Foxglove. I'm staying at the Rusty Dragon for the next few days. You must come and have dinner with me soon, so I can reward you for your intervention! And please, bring your companions, as well!" He scans the area again for more threats, then turns his attention back to Kerrec. "If you'll excuse me for now, the streets seem safe enough for me to get back to the inn. I'll look forward to our dinner!"

At that, he scuttles down Church Street, keeping a careful watch for more goblins. Just before he rounds the bend, he turns back to the party and waves, then disappears down the road.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar raises an eyebrow at that. As the foppish nobleman disappears Vidar gives Kerrec a half smile before making an exaggerated bow towards him,

"Aye, we are truly lucky to be in the presence of such greatness...I don't even know what use the rest of could possibly be."

He then composes himself and nods towards the place the nobleman disappeared to.

"Looks like you made a friend sir knight, probably for life."


Rullis Stillman wrote:

Not to try and argue with a GM giving me an extra hit point... :)

PRD wrote:
On the character's next turn, after being reduced to negative hit points (but not dead), and on all subsequent turns, the character must make a DC 10 Constitution check to become stable.
Rullis' turn came up twice between being knocked down and the potion being poured, so that would be two checks. He went down on the goblin's action in round 1. Camilo finished his sleep spell started in the surprise round on round 1, fired his bow on round 2, slung bow and drew potion on round 3, and poured potion on round 4 just before Rullis had to make a third con check. Rullis made con checks on rounds 2 and 3.

Since combat effectively ended in round 2, I had kind of skipped everyone's actions in round 3 and let Camilo take 2 move actions and a full-round action all together. But you're right, things with round-based increments should continue to be calculated if they persist after combat.


Male Human Court bard 1

If this Potion wasn't enough to get Rullis back on his feet, I'll run off to the Temple and try to find the priest that spoke


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks curiously after Aldern making a mental note to check the Dragon's menu in the near future. He tries to change the subject of 'sir-knight and his friends', embarrassed about being singled out. Addressing Vidar "Aye, it would not surprise me if there was help from inside the city walls. This celebration must have been planned for quite awhile giving these goblins plenty of time to set their plans in motion."

When Vidar mentions Father Zantus, Kerrec's eyebrows raise in alarm. "If Rullis is healthy enough we should check on the local clergy to see if they are OK and offer any help. Perhaps they were real target of the attack as the celebration was what set things in motion."


Rullis weakly sits up, bracing himself to keep himself from falling back over. Looking up at Camilo with the empty potion bottles in hand, a faint smile shows on his face. "Thank you kind sir." Seeing Kithian wiping blood from his blade with the goblin and mount lying in its own bloody heap at his feet, "It looks like I need to thank you again as well. That's twice now." With a bloody cough he continues, "I must be more careful next time to stay behind those like you with more power."

His attention is drawn to the words of the man who calls himself Aldern. After watching him run off to the inn, he comments, "That's odd, he didn't even show any remorse for his dog who died to protect him."

Carefully climbing to his feet, he looks around, "Was anybody else injured, or was it just me?" Slowly moving such that he is over 30 feet from any downed goblins but with Kithian within 30 feet, gesturing him over if necessary, Rullis begins to painfully chant while holding the wooden leaf hanging from his neck.

Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Trying again...

Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 6

There we go... Almost back to full.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar runs a hand through his beard and mutters to himself for a few moments before speaking again.

"Goblins are not patient creatures, just look at this, a complete disaster from a strategic and tactical standpoint, pure mayhem, not thought, no planning, nothing rational about it. That's how goblins operate, BUT to get the chance? A patient mind must be guiding them, a wicked, malicious and evil mind indeed."

Clasping his hands behind his back Vidar begins to pace in a circle.

"The celebration is annual is it not? so whoever is behind it could have planned this for years, the attack happened just as the church bells rang, they used that as a signal...but seeing what they did, this MUST have been but a distraction..."


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

"Aye priest, either stay behind me or get thicker armor. It would not do to lose one of your talents during battle again." Kithian then bends down and gives the dead body of the goblin rider a quick search.

Perception to hear sounds of more fighting: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Kerrec wrote:
"If Rullis is healthy enough we should check on the local clergy to see if they are OK and offer any help. Perhaps they were real target of the attack as the celebration was what set things in motion."

These words draw the attention of Rullis. "I should be well enough to continue forth. And I agree, we should check on Father Zantus. I didn't see him after the chaos occurred. I hope nothing untoward has happened to him."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Feeling his shoulder mend as Rullis channels the divine energies of his God, Kerrec moves his shoulder feeling it become as nimble as it was this morning.

"Thank you Rullis. I do not know what God you worship but as a devotee of Abadar, I know it takes a strong faith to tap in to the divine."

"You probably know this community better than us. Lead the way and I pledge to follow."


The sounds of battles through town have died off. The few buildings that were set afire have all been put out, all suffering no more than cosmetic damage.

Arriving back at the cathedral, you find several cots have been laid out. Only about half of them are full. A couple patients are unconscious, but most of the others who have come to the cathedral have only minor injuries. You spot Father Zantus immediately, administering to some of the wounded near the entrance.

"Ah! I'm glad to see you're okay. I saw you come to our aid when the goblins tried to burn the cathedral. We're grateful for your assistance."

He seems surprised at your concern for him. "Oh, we're all fine here. The only direct threat to the cathedral was that group that you took care of. We've been able to set up beds for the wounded, but, as you can see, casualties have been thankfully few."


As they walk towards the cathedral, Rullis holds up his wooden leaf necklace and says to Kerrec, "My faith is to Gozreh. My father was a fisherman here in Sandpoint and I followed in his footsteps. Gozreh controlled much of the seas and the weather over them, determining how plentiful our harvest was each month. With my fathers passing, I turned my focus towards a higher calling."

Seeing the wounded, Rullis turns to Father Zantus and says, "Father, is there anything I can do to help? Unfortunately I have already expended my healing energy for the day helping those who were fighting off the goblins."


Father Zantus shakes his head: "Thank you, Rullis, but I think we will be able to tend to the wounded with the ministry we have here. Fortunately, we have not been tested nearly as severely as we could have been."


To Father Zantus, "Well if you need my help, please don't hesitate to come find me." After a slight pause, "Have you heard anything about this attack? Do you know what happened? Have you heard how these goblins could have gotten inside the town's wall?"


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

As the group makes the way to the church Vidar speaks to Kerrec and Rullis.

"It sounds to me like you are both members of the divine chaste, I myself am an arcane user, and a worshiper of Desna, the song of the spheres."

When the group reaches the church Vidar approaches father Zantul.

"A few of the foul spawn were taken alive I trust? I believe we ourselves have left one or two that could be revived for questioning, has any such interrogation taken place? It is our belief...well that is at least my own that this raid was merely meant to distract us from the true purpose of whomever was masterminding this attack..."


Male Human Court bard 1

" I have a Way with Words, I spend quite a bit of time working with some.. errr.. more Seedier of the Local Nobles.. However, I never bothered to learn how to Speak Goblin..."

Shrugging, Camilo Dusts himself off, imspecting his clothing, then finds a place to sit down and rest a bit


"I haven't heard anything about how the attack was committed. It is curious. I expect Sheriff Hemlock will be looking into it for the next few days. I'm sure he's busy enough tonight just making sure they've been repelled. I do know that the surviving goblin you left in the square has been collected by one of the guards. I'd had an acolyte keep an eye on him until he was rounded up."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

"Well maybe after the dust settles over the next few days we'll learn why the festival was attacked. Perhaps an ale and some food is in order. I am staying at the Rusty Dragon. First round is on me."

151 to 200 of 5,797 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.