Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


101 to 150 of 5,576 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian roars and swings mightily at the nearest goblin.

PA:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage:2d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 3) + 12 = 17

Not sure which goblin is there, will try to hit G3 or closest.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Dropping his dagger, Kerrec brandishes his light crossbow, loads it and aims it at the female goblin (GC). "I advise you to submit yourself to this community's authorities. If you do not desist I will shoot you where you stand!"

Kerrec will hold his action. If GC does not lower her weapon he will fire at her.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

*Bump*


Kithian swings his falchion with all the ferocity he can muster, and it's an impressive sight. The goblin (G3) is sliced through in a gruesome display.

Camilo's spell takes effect, and successfully puts one of the goblins (G4) to sleep.

Here's the corrected map.

I included Kithian's move and the effect of Camilo's sleep spell. If I understand right, the spell takes effect at the beginning of Camilo's turn, so Camilo can take his full round actions this round. Camilo is up.


Male Human Court bard 1

Camilo completes his Spell, and watches one of the Goblins fall to the ground asleep...

" One is better than Nothing! Ha!"

Moving a little Closer to the Chanting Goblin, Camilo Attempts to take another Shot at her with his bow

Round 4:

The Effects of my Performance End after this round.

Move to Square S11

Fire bow (with point blank shot)

ATK
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Dmg
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Camilo's arrow strikes the chanting goblin, and she staggers. She lifts her bow, again aiming at the bard, but Vidar's glowing missile strikes her before she takes the shot. Her lifeless body clatters against the stand that had been serving funnel cakes earlier in the day. GC is dead.

Kerrec, GC dropped before your turn, so go ahead and post your new actions.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks around to see if any of the community's authorities have arrived. He'll walk over to the sleeping goblin, take out his manacles and binds the sleeping creature.

He then looks at the others who fought off the goblins. "I figure the sherrif might want to speak to this one."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

With no more enemies in the vicinity, Vidar clutches his beard and gives vent to a tirade of curses as flowery as they are improbable and physically impossible.

Tis' be a truly...no no no, I mean, this is terrible, a veritable invasion, there might be more of them around as well, we are not safe yet I think."

Here Vidar looks at Kithian.
"You appear hurt my massive comrade, is there anyone who can do something about that?"


Incidentally, there's another goblin with Rullis at H19. Not trying to lead you, just making sure you're aware. I know some of you can't access photobucket from work. Let me know if that changes anything in your move.

Edited: Kerrec, since you can't access photobucket, I guess I should give you options. If you double move, you can nearly catch up to them in this turn (you're wearing your scale mail, right?). If you single move, you can get a shot at the goblin, but he has cover (+4 to AC), and he's in melee (-4 to attack).


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

D'oh! Forgot about that one completly haha, Vidar will just have to vent his frustrations later

On his next turn next round, Vidar will take a double move to G18.


I already posted my action last week. 5-foot step back, Lightning Arc, and miss again. Just waiting on the goblin to smite me.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec will double move with dagger in hand to I17.

Kerrec: "I advise you to submit yourself to this community's authorities. If you do not desist I will kill you where you stand!"


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Double move to J18.
"Die! Die! Die!" Kithian screams as he runs towards the remaining goblin.


Kerrec, 1 of those diagonal squares would count as 10', so I think you can get to J17 this round.
Kithian, I count you only moving 50'. Can't you move 60' with a double move? Or are you stopping short on purpose?

Rolls:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d4 ⇒ 1

Rullis fires another arc of lightning at the last conscious goblin in the square, but his aim is off. The goblin follows the cleric and swings at him again with another weak effort. (G5 moves to G20)

Map for round 5

Kithian, let me know if you're staying in J18 this round or moving closer (or if I'm calculating wrong).

Initiative:
Kithian 22
Camilo 20
Vidar 14
Kerrec 10
Rullis 10
Goblins


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

I must have counted wrong. I was trying to move close to the goblin that if he ran I could get an AOO.


Is the bottom of the map a wall? Asking since it effects my next action. But if Kithian slices the goblin in half first it won't matter.

Kithian, you are up. You should be able to get into a nice flanking position with Rullis. I'm assuming you are still raging, otherwise you'd be fatigued.


It's not a wall at the bottom. I can extend it next time I do the map. IIRC, the road comes up that way, so that area's pretty clear. So unless you're moving several squares off the map (in which case, there may be a building in the way), you can post a move to where that grid location would be if the map was bigger.

Sorry I can't look up the map of Sandpoint right now. Work's busy today, so I'm afraid I may be sparse.


It would just be another 5-foot step off the map to avoid an AoO from casting.

Assuming it is not killed before my action:
Getting frustrated that this little pest is still coming, Rullis yells at the beast, "Can't you just die already!" He steps back again and lets loose another bolt of electricity from his outstretched hand. One of these has gotta hit the little bugger!

Lightning Arc - Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Electricity Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The dice roller just doesn't like me anymore... Three misses in a row on a 55% hit probability.


Kithian Darlok wrote:
I must have counted wrong. I was trying to move close to the goblin that if he ran I could get an AOO.

I think you can get to G18 - can I put you there?


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Sounds good.


Male Human Court bard 1

Double move to h16 on Camilo's Next turn if the goblin is still up


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Ok, hopefully this will be the goblins last action, better make it a good one, because odds are good that next round it will go down, what with everyone more or less charging the little blighter.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Seeing that the goblin did not heed his warning Kerrec charges and attacks.

Charge to G19.

Attack: 1d20+3 [12,3] = (15)

Damage: 1d4 [1] = (1)


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Going to be away til Monday, so please bot Vidar until I'm back


Rolls:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d4 ⇒ 4

The group closes on the last goblin in the square. Kerrec rushes the monster but only manages to scratch him. Rullis calls on another arc of lightning, and this time hits the ground at the goblin's feet. The goblin, fixated on his prey, hardly flinches at the paladin's attack. He closes on the cleric and attacks again, but his swing misses again, as well.

Map for round 6

Initiative:
Kithian 22
Camilo 20
Vidar 14
Kerrec 10
Rullis 10
Goblins


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Move to G20. Power Attack Goblin.
Still belowing in rage at the remaining goblin, Kithian takes a mighty swing at his foe.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 4) + 12 = 18


Kithian strides up behind the goblin and slams his falchion into his skull. The goblin goes limp. The barbarian yanks his blade out of its head and the body lands on the ground with a sickening thud.


After watching the strange man come up behind the pesky goblin and drill his sword into the goblin's skull, Rullis relaxes a second and looks up at the man. "Thanks, I just couldn't hit that thing." Noticing his wounds, "You're heavily wounded. Allow me to return the favor and help you with your injures."

If he allows him, Rullis will approach and begin chanting. He lays his hand on the man's shoulder and his wounds magically begin to heal.

Convert Command into Cure Light Wounds. Damage healed: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

After looking around to see if there are any more immediate threats he turns back to the man, "We should finish off here and see if any more of these things are running loose in the town. I'm Rullis by the way, what is your name brave soul?" He extends his hand in greeting.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks down at the dead goblin and then at the large half-orc that killed him. "Well struck."

He then looks around the square as he rubs his wounded shoulder, trying to see if there are any more goblins sneaking about ready to cause mischief.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Stop Rage.

Rullis wrote:
You're heavily wounded. Allow me to return the favor and help you with your injures."

Kithian looks a little taken back by the mans words and looks at his wounds. "Yes, it looks like the little buggers got me a time or two."

After the cleric heals his wounds, Kithian shakes the human's hand, "I am Kithian Darlock, and aye, let us go hunt down the rest of these vermon goblins."


Seeing the other man approach rubbing a wounded shoulder, Rullis says, "You've been injured as well." He looks around to see how many of the others who stuck around to fight when the goblins attacked are injured. He spots one other man with an arrow puncture wound. He says to both with injuries, "Once we have moved away from these fallen creatures, I can try to fix you up as well."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3
Rullis Stillman wrote:
Seeing the other man approach rubbing a wounded shoulder, Rullis says, "You've been injured as well." He looks around to see how many of the others who stuck around to fight when the goblins attacked are injured. He spots one other man with an arrow puncture wound. He says to both with injuries, "Once we have moved away from these fallen creatures, I can try to fix you up as well."

"Appreciate that," Kerrec replies. "Rullis, is it? I am Kerrec. I have but a small scratch. I'm sure there are others who could use your healing skills before me. I'm afraid for those less skilled in defending themselves that might have been injured in this cowardly ambush."


"Good to meet you Kerrec." Rullis begins looking around at the carnage as he continues. "I'm glad you stayed and fought. This could of been a lot worse." Spotting G4, Rullis gestures in its direction, "Strange, that goblin doesn't look injured."


Male Human Court bard 1

"Hes asleep, about the only time they ever stop moving and gittering"Says Camilo as he approches Rullis and the Goblin I'm Camilo, Nice to meet you. Say could you spare a little Healing for me aslwell? I seem to have taken an arrow from the witchy one".


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks over at the sleeping goblin and pulls out his manacles. "I think the local authorities might be interested in finding out why the celebration was interrupted."


"Nice to meet you as well, I'm Rullis. But won't the goblin get back up? We should probably make sure that doesn't happen before we move on to see what other chaos these things have brought."

Seeing Kerrec put manacles on the goblin, "That's works too I suppose."

In response to the request for healing, "I don't want to risk one of these creatures getting inadvertently healed by me. Let's move over here." He moves toward the far side where none of the fallen goblins lay and gestures Camilo and Kerrec to follow. Once all the goblins are over 30 feet away from him and Camilo and Kerrec are within 30 feet, Rullis begins chanting again. A wave of healing energy washes over Camilo and Kerrec.

Channel Positive Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 5


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Well done, finally got rid of the little blighters

Seeing that the battle appears to be over, Vidar takes a moment to collect himself. As He calms down his thought patters returns to common Taldane rather than the archaic way he sometimes speaks when stressed.

"Well done, it seems like this particular battle is over, but there might still be more of the little monsters around, and I do not see any signs of the town watch, that suggests to me that they may be busy fighting elsewhere..."

At that Vidar pull his beard, torn between the wish to help, but the inability to do it on his own unless these fellows decide to help him.


Seeing everyone express a similar desire, Rullis speaks what he hopes everyone else is thinking. "If they are busy fighting more of these monsters, we should help them. If we go together, we should be able to overpower these little pests. On our own, we may become easy targets for them."

If the stand cart is still burning, Rullis will try and put the fire out with whatever he can find. Or at least move the cart, if he can, out into the opening where it is less likely to catch something else on fire while it burns out.


The sounds of the battles waged around town have been fading. The song of the goblins is becoming drowned out by the shouts of guards facing the last marauders. The skirmishings seem to have moved south of the square.

Mostly. A man's call for help to the north breaks the group's respite. The frantic barking of a dog echoes the man's plea.

Vidar & Rullis:
It sounds like the call and barking is coming from the vicinity of the White Deer Inn.


Hearing the man's call for help, Rullis turns and looks in that direction. "That sounds like it is coming from the north gate near the White Tail Inn. That man is probably being attacked. We should save him from those creatures." Rullis begins moving quickly in that direction. He looks back to see if the rest of the group is coming as well.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian joggs after Rullis. "This many goblins attacking the town does not bode well. We must crush them quickly before they can cuase more deaths."


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec sheaths his dagger and pulls out his crossbow. "Lead the way. We will carry this day."


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar nods in satisfaction, clearly he will not have to go at this alone.

"Aye, let's endeavour to end this before more blood is spilled unnecessarily, and then, let's find out how such a large force managed to get in here. They could not have come through the east or they would have been spotted, but the north had a gate I doubt they could have broken through..."

Vidar sets such thoughts aside for the moment; instead he starts to run after the others, making sure to stay a few steps behind the more melee capable fellows.


I assume Camilo would follow. Let me know if you had something else in mind.

As you come up Church St to the front of the White Deer Inn, you see the source of the call and barking. A noble has been cornered by a goblin riding a goblin dog and four other goblins on foot. The noble is cowering between a couple rain barrels, and his dog is confronting the mounted goblin. Or rather, the mounted goblin is confronting the dog. The other four goblins are cowering behind the brave one.

You arrive just in time to see the end of the battle. The mounted goblin brings his home-made halberd down on the dog in a wide arc, and the dog's growling ends suddenly. The other four goblins cheer the dismissal of the fearsome dog.

They haven't seen you yet. You have a surprise round to take a standard or move action.

Map of area.

Roll initiative. Start anywhere within 2 squares of the bottom (row 18 or 19).


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec will be in E19.

Initiative: 1d20+2 [10,2] = (12)


Male Human Court bard 1

starting in f18

lets try the sleep again, aiming to hit just the 4 goblins

Lets try this again!


Start Rullis at G18.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Camilo Duin wrote:
lets try the sleep again, aiming to hit just the 4 goblins

Don't forget your initiative. It looks like in the next round (round 1), you'll use your standard action to finish the spell, then have a move action left. (Core, pg 186 - this is more a reminder to myself than you; I don't have much experience with casters...)


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar begins in D18.

Upon spying more goblins, Vidar curses loudly. He then quickly gets in position for a Telekinetic fist.

"Damnable creatures, let's finish this quickly shall we?"

Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Move action to D14


Surprise round action: Move to E13.

"I'll hit their apparently leader, the mounted one." I must keep it away from that innocent man.

101 to 150 of 5,576 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.