Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint"

Game Master PirateDevon

Something sinister is happening in Sandpoint and only our heroes can stop it. See what happens when a group loses DM after DM and yet the heroes forge on!


51 to 100 of 5,752 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Hmm, with Camilo holding his action I guess it is the Goblins turn, assuming Rullis didn't end it's life then?

"Thy time runeth out monstrosity." Vidar remarks to the goblin.


Vidar's swing at the goblin misses, but as the goblin turns to regard the new combatant, he sees Rullis rushing toward him through the tables. A look of confusion crosses his face when Rullis stops short, closely followed by a look of panic as Rullis begins casting a spell. The bolt catches him in the arm, but his little body tenses and drops, twitching, dead.

Down the nearby streets, you can hear the continuing chaos caused by what can only be more goblins. The square has mostly cleared, except for a few people who have been injured in the panic, and acolytes from the cathedral tending to them.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

While Vidar is anxious to help, he knows he cannot deal with more goblins on his own and turns to the other people who fought back.
"There seems to be further battle afoot, I would humbly suggest we join forces at least for now and attempt to strike down the remaining goblin forces, what say you all?"

Are we still in initiative by the way?


Hearing the chaos down the street followed by the bearded man's words, Rullis immediately replies, "Sounds like an excellent plan. There's no time to waste!" before moving off in the direction of the noise.


DM Noone wrote:

Vidar's swing at the goblin misses, but as the goblin turns to regard the new combatant, he sees Rullis rushing toward him through the tables. A look of confusion crosses his face when Rullis stops short, closely followed by a look of panic as Rullis begins casting a spell. The bolt catches him in the arm, but his little body tenses and drops, twitching, dead.

Down the nearby streets, you can hear the continuing chaos caused by what can only be more goblins. The square has mostly cleared, except for a few people who have been injured in the panic, and acolytes from the cathedral tending to them.

Ugh! I got Rullis mixed up with Camilo, who was holding his action. I don't want to shortchange anyone their turn, so let's revise this.

[Edit] Nevermind. I think I just skipped Kerrec's movement and Camilo's held action (but he was also too far from this goblin), but then Rullis would've been up to cast his spell after all. Okay, we continue.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Ok, so we go on?

Vidar stares in shick after Rullis as he runs of before anyone else speaks.

"Impetious, he will need help...Are the rest of you with me?"

With that Vidar starts after Rullis, but a bit slower, letting the others catch up if they are comming.


As the five men collect among the tables and try to pinpoint the sounds of conflict outside the square, an explosion back at the cathedral draws their attention back to the square. The wagon close to the cathedral loaded with wood and fuel lights up the darkening skies. Around the wagon, six goblins cheer and dance at their handiwork.

They're not aware of you yet. You all have at least one surprise round. The square is clear enough to fire ranged weapons now, as well. Go ahead and reroll initiative. Start anywhere within 2 squares of F3, where the 5 of you collected around the last goblin from the previous encounter.

Map for beginning of encounter 2


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Initiative: 1d20+2 [8,2] = (10)


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Vidar will most likely start in F2 where he stood before then.

Initiative:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


As Rullis starts to head off towards the street, he is shocked by the sudden explosion behind him. Start him at D3 since he was starting to head off.

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian will start at F4, his location at end of battle.


Male Human Court bard 1

Initiative
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

With them Striking down the last Goblin, I'll use my Held action to sheath my sword, and Draw my bow, if thats possible


Initiative tiebreaker between Kerrec (1) & Rullis (2): 1d2 ⇒ 1.

To keep it simple, I'm going to have the goblins go at the same time.

Goblin initiative:
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Initiative:
Kithian 22
Camilo 20
Vidar 14
Kerrec 10
Rullis 10
Goblins

The first round is a surprise round. Everyone can act but the goblins. Kithian is up.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian growls and heads towards the goblins, intent on redeeming himself by breaking as many of their bodies as he can.

From F4 to K5


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Don't want to risk slowing the game down in case I can't post tomorrow so I'll state Vidar's action now,considering what he is going to do it should be ok

Vidar moves up a little bit and then reaches out with one hand towards Kerrec's blade. "This will help, a spell to sharpen your blade."

5' step to F3, then cast Magic weapon On Kerrec's blade. It becomes a +1 weapon for one minute


Startled by the explosion behind him, Rullis turns to view the carnage. Not the cathedral! It was just rebuilt! Why those little... He turns and rushes towards the goblins.

Double move 60 ft from D3 to K11.


Male Human Court bard 1

Seeing hte Goblins comming from the South, Camilo Takes aim and Fires an Arrow at a goblin

shooting at G1

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec looks down at his weapon and then nods in thanks to the stranger with obvious magical abilities, not having the heart to tell him he's much better with his crossbow than his dagger. He then takes off after the goblins.

Double move to O10


I was about to post the map for round 1, but found out that in the surprise round you can take a move action or a standard action, but not a double-move. (PRD)

Rullis and Kerric, do you want to pick another location to move to or take a different action?


Duh, of course. Just a single move then to G7.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Move to M6


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

I won't have time to post later today, so I'll post Vidars action for round one now.

Having used one of his precious few spells already, Vidar decides he must help the others to take the Goblins down quickly, before they can become a threat.

Double move to N8, standing with his back against the stand


Camilo's arrow just misses the unsuspecting goblin, and skitters across the cobblestones through the rest of them. One of the goblins calls out, "Longshanks!" and begins laughing hysterically.

As you get closer to the group, you notice that one of the goblins is female and wielding a whip (she's labelled GC on the map). She's also one of those singing the goblin song that's been droning throughout the attack:

Goblins chew and goblins bite.
Goblins cut and goblins fight.
Stab the dog and cut the horse,
Goblins eat and take by force!

Here's the map for round 1.

Initiative:
Kithian 22
Camilo 20
Vidar 14
Kerrec 10
Rullis 10
Goblins

Kithian is up.

Edited to specify female goblin is 'GC'.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Double Move to Q13.

Kithian advance on the goblins.


Rullis tries to stay low as he heads south along the vendor stands, hoping that the guy shooting arrows will distract the goblins until he can get into a position to attack himself. I wish I had my gear with me, that musk would come in handy right about now..

Double move to J18.


Male Human Court bard 1

Cursing under his Breath for Missing, Camilo Moves a little Closer and trys again..

"I knew I should have spent more time Practicing...."

Round 1:

Move south 15 feet to o7, and fire at Goblin G2

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

If it's ok, Vidar will move to M8 instead of N8. Otherwise the action stated before stands


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

I think if my memory serves me correctly G2 is in charging range and has a straight line to him. Kerrec will charge and attack withhis magically imbued dagger. If he can't charge he'll double move to Q14.

Attack: 1d20+4 [19,4] = (23) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2776930/

Crit Confirm roll: 1d20+4 [16,4] = (20) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2776932/

Damage if a Crit: 2d4+2 [3,4,2] = (9)

Damage if not a Crit: 1d4+1 &#8594; [4,1] = (5)


Everyone, remember that every other diagonal movement counts as 2 squares. Link.

Kerrec, your speed is 20 with the scale mail, right? You wouldn't be able to charge any of the goblins in this round. You could get close to them with a double move, but then they're likely to close on you on their turn, so you wouldn't be able to charge them on the next round, either. Let me know what you want to do.


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Yeah that's right. I had written down 30' because I had chosen different armor at the beginning and then changed and forgot to change my movement. Double move to Q11.


Rolls:
Camilo's stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Goblin spots G3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10; G5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9; GC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Rolls:
G1 attack/damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 41d4 ⇒ 2
G2 attack/damage: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 201d4 ⇒ 4

The song of the goblin singer remains the same, but her voice changes. It becomes more shrill and louder, and develops a warble to it. Her allies appear inspired by the change, some bobbing their heads, some singing along, and some gripping their knives tighter. She draws her shortbow and nocks an arrow.

Goblins race and goblins jump.
Goblins slash and goblins bump.
Burn the skin and mash the head,
Goblins here and you be dead!

Two goblins approach Kithian and swing thier dogslicers. (G1 to P14 and G2 to R14) The first goblin (G1) hits Kithian's falchion, and his dogslicer breaks in half. The goblin stares open-mouthed at the powerful sword, clearly disbelieving that his dogslicer could simply have been constructed so poorly.

The second goblin (G2) has better luck, slicing into Kithian's leg. (Kithian takes 4 points of damage.)

One of the goblins (G3) picks up a burning torch from the debris of the wagon and approaches Kithian, waving the torch at him. G3 moves to Q14

The other two goblins like the idea, and also look for torches from the burning wagon. The one closest to the wagon finds one easily, and begins approaching Rullis, who couldn't sneak through the stands successfully. (G4 moves to R18 and pulls out a torch. G5 pulls out a torch and moves to M19.)

Round 2 map.

Initiative:
Kithian 22
Camilo 20
Vidar 14
Kerrec 10
Rullis 10
Goblins

Kithian is up.


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Screaming in rage Kithian swings at the goblin that struck
him.
Attacking G2

Power Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
Damage:2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 1) + 9 = 13


The barbarian's sword cleaves the goblin in half. G2 is dead.


Seeing one of the goblins coming at him with a torch, Rullis immediately begins chanting and unleashes a burst of wind and rain against the goblin before he retreats to take cover behind the stand.

Storm Burst, Ranged Touch Attack against G5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Non-Lethal damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
If hit, target if buffeted by winds and rain, causing it to take -2 penalty to attack rolls for 1 round. DM's call whether this blows out his torch as well.

Move to H20.


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"This is still hanging in the balance I'm afraid...I shall have to get further involved." Vidar muses to himself.

Vidar will then seek a more advantageous position, trying to help divide the goblins and keep some of the warrior's backs.

Double move to M16


Male Human Court bard 1

Seeing the Goblins Being Inspired by their Song, Camilo sees a chance to do something about it. Moving To stand behind Kerric, He starts belittling the Goblins!

"You call that Singing! bah, I've heard better tones from a banshee! Why should we be Scared of you? You're all 3 feet tall and... Green! but not any green, Puke Green! Ha!"

Round 2:

I move to q10, And start using Satire as a standard action.

–1 penalty on attack and damage rolls (minimum 1) and a –1 penalty on saves against fear and charm effects as long as the bard continues performing.

Performance used: 1/6r/day


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec is startled to hear the taunts coming from behind him. Turning he sees the man who seemed to be trying to help him earlier slinging insults at the goblins. Hoping the taunts distract them Kerrec charges G1.

Attack: 1d20+4 [13,4] = (17)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2778046/

Damage: 1d4+1 [2,1] = (3)

AC is now 15 this turn.


Rolls:
Kithian's aoo: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 62d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12
G1 disarm attempt: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (16) - 4 = 12
G5 attack: 1d20 ⇒ 131d4 ⇒ 1
G3 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 51d4 ⇒ 3
GC attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 241d4 ⇒ 3
Crit confirm: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d4 ⇒ 21d4 ⇒ 4
G4 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 201d4 ⇒ 4

Kerrec charges the unarmed goblin (G1) and stabs him in the shoulder. The goblin, in a panic and still transfixed by Kithian's magic sword, decides to take it from him. He grabs the barbarian's arm, but can't wrestle the falchion free.

Rullis's storm burst hits the goblin (G5) hard, the rain extinguishing his torch. The goblin fights through the storm and catches up to Rullis around the corner. Moves to H18. He swings his junkyard knife at the cleric but Rullis deftly dodges the blade.

The goblin (G3) directly in front of Kithian still carries the torch, but seems to have reassessed the threat imposed by Kithian after he slaughtered his fellow goblin. He takes a swing at him with his blade, but misses.

The female goblin moves to a more advantageous position (S15) and fires her arrow at the heckler. The arrow strikes him in the chest, inches from more vital organs. Camilo takes 3 points of damage.

The last goblin (G4) drops his torch on his way to Kithian, and swings at him with his dogslicer, as well. Moves to R14. He finds the same hole in Kithian's defense as his fallen brother, and takes another chunk out of Kithian's leg. Kithian takes 4 points of damage.

Map for round 3.

Initiative:
Kithian 22
Camilo 20
Vidar 14
Kerrec 10
Rullis 10
Goblins

Kithian is up.


Taking a 5 foot step back from the goblin, Rullis calls upon his powers from Gozreh again causing an arc of lightning to shoot out from his extended hand towards the creature.

Lightning Arc, Ranged Touch Attack against G5: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

Irritated beyond belif by the shrill voice of the female goblin chanter, Vidar shifts position and then call's out.

"Thy voice be a blight on the musical arts, if thee do not desist, I shall silence thee for good!"

Deciding to be tactical however Vidar thinks that dealing with the wounded goblin first is the better move. He quickly steps up to help the warrior types by flaking the wounded enemy

Move to P15 (avoiding AOO's) to offer Kerrec flanking and then stabing out with the dagger in his hand

Attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Male Human Court bard 1

Feeling the arrow bite into him, Camilo stops heckling the goblins, and prepares to cast a spell...

" The Bearded one is right! your voice is Horrible! I think you need some rest!"

Round 3:

Free action to end my performance, My feat of Lingering Performance allows The bonuses and penalties from your bardic performance continue for 2 rounds after you cease.

Then I take a full round to Cast Sleep on the Goblins, Aiming to hit the Female, and as many males as i can, w/o hitting our party members.(I think placing it on the Corner of the squares between G4 and GC will get 3 of them) DC is 13 will save


Male Half Orc Barbarian 3 / Oracle 1, Perception +5, Darkvision, Fort +6/ Ref +1/ Will +2, Init +4, AC 18, HP :47

Kithian enters rage

Power attack on G4

PA: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage: 2d4 + 12 ⇒ (3, 1) + 12 = 16


Male Half-Elf Paladin 3

Kerrec, impressed by the bravery in words and deeds by his comrades-in-arms and wishing he was as nimble in tongue, grits his teeth and stabs at the unarmed goblin (G1) he injured with his dagger.

Attack: 1d20+2 [14,2] = (16)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2778197/

Damage: 1d4+1 [1,1] = (2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2778205/


Rolls:
Will saves (GC, G4, G3): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 211d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 21d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
GC attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 81d4 ⇒ 3
Kithian's aoo:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 262d4 + 12 ⇒ (2, 1) + 12 = 15
G1 disarm attempt: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (9) - 4 = 5
G3 attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 131d4 ⇒ 2
G5 attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 41d4 ⇒ 4

Kithian swings mightily at the goblin that struck him, but misses mightily.

As Camilo finishes his spell, one of the goblins (G4) drops to the ground asleep. The singer doesn't even seem fazed, and fires another arrow at her human counterpart, but this time her arrow flies harmlessly over his head.

Vidar moves into flanking position with the paladin, but his stab at the distracted goblin (G1) misses. The distraction of the bearded stranger's attack benefits the paladin, however, whose attack does strike true, and cripples the foolish evildoer. G1 is disabled. Feeling weak, he makes a last ditch effort to capture the 'magic sword', desperate that it will save him. As he jumps at the sword, Kithian drives it through him, rending him in two. (Kithian's aoo kills G1.)

Rullis makes some room for himself and fires more electricity at the goblin facing him (G5), but the goblin ducks down and evades the arc. The goblin springs out of his crouch, but his attack is feeble, slicing only into the banner of the stand next to him.

The last goblin facing Kithian (G3) yawns as he resists the effect of Camilo's spell. He takes a tactical step away from the new bearded opponent to avoid being flanked 5-ft step to R14 and swings at the raging half orc. Finally, the barbarian addresses the weakness in his defense from that angle, and sidesteps the attack.

Map for round 4

Initiative:
Kithian 22
Camilo 20
Vidar 14
Kerrec 10
Rullis 10
Goblins

Kithian is up.


DM Noone wrote:
As Camilo finishes his spell

Sleep is a full round cast. It doesn't take effect until the start of Camilo's next turn. And if he gets hit during this time, he has to make a concentration check to avoid losing the spell.


Ah, then G4 is still up, and G3 stays where he is. G4 attacks Kithian 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9;1d4 ⇒ 2 but misses. I'll try to post a corrected map later or tomorrow.


Stepping back again Rullis shouts, "Be gone already you filthy rodent!" before trying to zap the thing again.

5-foot step to G21.
Lightning Arc, Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Electricity Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Human (Ulfen) Wizard (Enhancer) 4

"Whilst thou desist that infernal racket you monosyllabic pest!"

Vidar, now pushed beyond breaking point decides that enough is truly enough, and after finding a more advantageous position mutters a few arcane phrases before releasing a glowing missile of arcane energy at the goblin singer.

5' step to P16 and then uses magic missile on GC

Magic missile damage:1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

51 to 100 of 5,752 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Devon's RotRL aka "The Heroes of Sandpoint" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.