Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Deinol's Crypt of the Everflame

Game Master deinol

Crypt of the Everflame by Jason Bulmahn


951 to 1,000 of 1,047 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>

Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Sorry...my computer is not showing me new updates on this site..

Yarroth readies his bow as the invaders come into view. He looks for anyone who seems to be in charge, and sends an arrow at them.

Attack-Ranged: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 + (3) = 10

I assumed that I would get sneak attack damage for the attack, if not just remove the extra 3 points. Also I believe these are humans?? So I have added his +2 enemies bonus :-)


M Human Bard / 3

OK, to avoid the delay that goes with a lot of back-and-forth, here's Drummer's plan: If I can see the guy steering the pirate boat and he's in range, I'm going to drop a sleep spell on him to try to screw up the boarding process. If I can't, then I'll begin some inspiring drumming by beating on Anton's propped-up shield.


Sorry my travel schedule has been crazy of late.

Yarroth's arrow strikes true, embedding deeply into the pirate's shoulder.

One of the three pirates is steering the boat, he looks like he plans to jump on board when the small craft gets within range.

Pirate Pilot save: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Drummer sings a lullaby and one of the attackers falls to the ground, fast asleep.

Ewem stomps his foot on the deck in an attempt to wake the others up.

Captain Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Aeda Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Anton Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Tarric Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Anton wakes to the noises above deck. You can begin to act next round.

Pirate 1 crossbow vs Drummer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Pirate 2 crossbow vs Yarroth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Crossbow damage to Yarroth: 1d8 ⇒ 8

Drummer ducks behind the railing as a crossbow bolt flies past his head. Yarroth is struck squarely in the chest when his target returns fire.

Anton Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

Yarroth, then Drummer, then Anton are up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Human Bard / 3

Drummer begins a rousing battle tune on his turn, of course. +1 hit and damage to our team. Sorry Yarroth, you get the bonus next turn


Librarian 2

Can you please tell me when Tarric can get a perception check to hear the battle?


Male

I'll roll one for you at the top of each round. Unless Anton wakes you up as part of his action.


deinol wrote:
I'll roll one for you at the top of each round. Unless Anton wakes you up as part of his action.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Aiming at the crossbowman that hit him, Yarroth lets another arrow fly towards the pirates.

Attack-Ranged: 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9


It seems we may have lost Anton. I'll sort of control him on autopilot until we get to town and see if we need to drop him.

Yarroth arrow slams into the pirate, dropping the target to the deck of the attacking ship. Anton shakes Tarric awake and gathers his weapon.

The last standing pirate panics, and moves to the till of his ship. He turns hard to try and get away from your arrows.


M Human Bard / 3

Drummer sings his favorite lullaby to the fleeing pirate. Sleep, of course.


Pirate Save: 1d20 ⇒ 8

The last pirate falls asleep. Their boat begins to drift.


M Human Bard / 3

"Yarroth or Ewem, can you get a rope onto that boat?"

Drummer casts about for a loose rope as well.


Librarian 2

Sleeping veeerrry soundly.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

anything going on here...we still playing???


M Human Bard / 3

Not sure. I still check sometimes. I think the feature that notifies people of new posts broke.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If you ever get back in, id love to join if you need more players.
You seem to have a great game going, just some technical problems. :)


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

I wish we were continuing. It was a great game and the DM was good too... don't know what happened. He had only setup for the one game, but when we finished he decided to go on...


Mostly life has been busy, and the posting feedback cycle really slowed. I'll try to post daily this week and kickstart us back up again. When you get to town there will be a good spot to introduce new characters and drop off any we may have lost.

Everyone wakes up from the commotion. The mate hooks the other vessels and pulls it alongside the ship.

"We should search it for valuables and then scuttle it," the captain says gruffly.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Awesome...was not sure if we were done or not...hurah!![/ooc

Yarroth moves over to he skiff and begins searching the bodies, as well as the contents of the boat.

[ooc]Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


M Human Bard / 3

Drummer quickly ties up the sleeping pirates. "Scuttle it?" he says to the captain in surprise. "A little boat like that could mean a livelihood for a fisherman. Isn't there a way to tow it in? We could share the profits from its sale."


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

You still with us DM Deinol??


Librarian 2

I am around.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Just need to find our DM again!!


I've spent three of the last four weeks on the road. I'll get things rolling once I get home.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Sounds good to me...sorry to hear about the heavy work load, but I am pleased you will be returning!!


So Deinol, what line of work are you in since you are that much on the road?
Who is realy the man behind the mask ;)


Each of the three pirates is armed with: a cyan potion, a longsword, a light crossbow with 20 bolts, a leather armor, and a heavy steel shield.

The hold of the ship contains little of interest, but the variety of junk indicates they've stolen from other ships in the past. You do find a small metal lockbox under one of the bunks.

Anyone want to roll profession sailor to see how seaworthy the vessel is?

I do computer monitoring systems for luxury yachts. I usually travel for tech support or final installations. The Fort Lauderdale Internatoinal Boat Show last month was the deadline for a ton of projects.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

That sounds real cool!! Bet you have seen some truly spectacular yachts in your time!

Yarroth gathers the weapons and armor from the bandits and piles it up on the ship's deck. He then turns his interest to the potions, carefully stowing them, for the time being, in his pack. Finally he looks over the locked box, attempting to unlock it, but first, checking it for any traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 1 = 31

if there is a trap, then this will be to remove it, otherwise it can be applied to opening the lock (just remove the extra +1 if just picking the lock)

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 = 25


M Human Bard / 3

I think I'd just ask the barge captain to check it out. Also, what's the skill test to ID potions?.


Male Human Ranger 3

I see. Then Il call you when I get a new yacht ;)
Can you please add this alias instead of Maraxon to the list DM Deinol?
That is if im going to be included offcource.
(P.S il be quit until we reach the town from now on)


We can work Haldor in, no problem. The aliases get added automatically by the system, but I can move them to 'inactive'.

Craft Alchemy or Knowledge Arcana can help ID potions. Detect magic can get you the school of magic used if it is magical.

The box isn't trapped and you pick the lock with ease. Inside is bag containing 13 pp, 28 gp, and 16 sp, the privateers’ charter, signed by the Molthuni governor, and a small anchor token.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Yarroth shows the others the items from the small box, then puts it all back inside and stows it in his pack for division later.
"Well I do not know much about boats. Do any of you have any idea about this one's worth?"


M Human Bard / 3

Knowledge arcana then 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Drummer turns one of the potions around in his hands, deep in thought.


Librarian 2

Tendal sleeps peacefully belowdecks for the entire encounter.

Lol.


Drummer:
They look to be healing potions of some kind.

Captain Walren says "It's not in very good condition, but it may be worth a few hundred gold. It'd take at least two to sail her to port, although it's meant for a crew of three."


M Human Bard / 3

Drummer looks at the captain and his mate thoughtfully. "I know some spells that would let me understand your mate for about an hour. I'm largely incompetent at sailing, but I'm good with my hands and can follow directions. Do you suppose that would be enough to bring her to port? I'm willing to be slightly foolish, but I wouldn't risk two lives for a few hundred gold, as appealing as the money would be."

After the conversation with the captain wraps up, Drummer says to Yarroth, "Those potions look like they're for healing, though I wouldn't swear to it."


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

"Well let us each take one, and maybe in the city we can get them identified."
Yarroth turns to the captain and asks, "Can we not just tow this one in, or do we need to send a crew on board?"


Tarric can be awake now if you want, I think I mentioned above that there was enough commotion to wake everyone up.

The city is about two hours away, but the barge isn't really big enough to tow the other boat. The mate could go on the new ship with someone if another is willing to help the captain out.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

That sounds like a good idea..Yarroth will go with the mate onto the other ship and help out as much as he can


Librarian 2

Tarric comes up from below decks, stretching and rubbing his face blearily.

"Where did the new boat come from?", he asks with sleep addled confusion.


M Human Bard / 3

"Good morning Tarric. The new boat was a gift from the Molthuni governor. It came with three pirates, although one of them had a terrible tendency to die when shot with arrows."

Drummer turns to Yarroth, "Perhaps I should assist the mate. I know a song that will help me understand his language. I'm prepared to bow to your judgement, though."


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Yarroth shrugs. "If you want. I have no real knowledge with boats, so if you can help out, all the better."
He turns to the still sleepy scholar and smiles. "Tarric! Glad to see you awake and alert. We should be making the pier in a few hours. Are you packed and ready to go? Take a look at this potion. Can you tell what it does? Drummer thinks it is some sort of healing potion."


Librarian 2

"Pirates? Intriguing! Did they have cutlasses and peglegs? I wonder if there is there a significant difference between ocean going pirates and river pirates?" he prattles, not expecting an answer.

"A potion eh?" he asks, taking the small bottle. He swishes it around a bit, watching the colors, then he uncorks it and smells it before resealing it.

Spellcraft 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


M Human Bard / 3

Drummer suddenly remembers the anchor token he had nearly missed in the excitement and uses his song of magic detection on it.


Drummer:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

You don't recognize the item, but it glows strongly of conjuration magic.

You split up into two groups and sail the two ships toward town. It takes about two hours to sail to town.

In the dark, Tamran glitters with hundreds of tiny lights, emanating from the windows and lamps that dot the city. It has the look of a new town, built primarily of wood, though some older buildings linger here and there, many showing signs of damage from the war with Molthune to the south. Cracked walls and burnt remnants can be seen even from this distance, fresh scars from the long conflict.

After the ships are docked, Captain Walren says "Thanks for all your help. You should probably spend the night at Gar’s Last Meal. it's a good, safe establishment close by the docks. You can work out the sale of your ship on the morn."


M Human Bard / 3

"Many thanks to you as well. And the boat is partly yours as well, for without you and your man it would have languished on the lake. An inn sounds delightful after such a night as this."

Drummer finds a local constable to hand over the surviving pirates and their privateer's charter, then stumbles off to Gar's Last Meal for some much-needed rest.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Yarroth rounds up Tarric and heads out with Drummer to Gar's, looking to get a good nights rest and something hot to eat.


Librarian 2

Tarric stretches enormously as they walk down the docks, looking for the mentioned inn.

"I wonder if they will have any good fish here? I think a nice baked trout would hit the spot marvelously. Oh and a bit of wine too..." Tarric laughs and slaps his belly as it growls.


Gar’s Last Meal is a fine inn if you can get past the smell of fish. Rooms at the Gar’s Last Meal cost 2 gp per night, and meals (choice of fried fish, fish stew, or fish heads on sticks) cost 3 sp apiece. The owner of the establishment, Puglas, looks to be a gruff retired fisherman who is missing an arm.

You settle at a table and order a meal.


M Human Bard / 3

Drummer takes the common room as a chance to learn about goings on in Tamran.

951 to 1,000 of 1,047 << first < prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Deinol's Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.