Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Deinol's Crypt of the Everflame

Game Master deinol

Crypt of the Everflame by Jason Bulmahn


451 to 500 of 1,047 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Kerren moves to just outside the doorway.
"Let me see what I can find out."
Kerren casts detect magic and examines the room. (Going for the full three rounds plus of info.)
"Before we go in let me fix any wounds we have."


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

I could sure use that 8-points now...LOL


Male Human Fighter 3

Anton stands back and stifles a yawn. "Well, I'm not going to be much help here, if we need to cast spells to open...whatever we're supposed to open."

"My sword stands ready to decapitate undead or whatever else we encounter, though."

Andoran

Agreed! Santoval is down to around 3hp. He is looking a mite droopy right now.


There is a faint glow of abjuration magic coming from the pool. On closer inspection, you see that there are dozens of keys at the bottom of the pond. One of them glows with magic.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

"Well I am a pretty good swimmer, so I guess I can try and get that key, if you want." With that Yarroth peels off his armour and sets aside his pack and weapons, taking only a dagger with him. The still fresh wounds from the sword trap show lurid and painfully upon his pale skin.
could really use that healing now....if possible!!


It will be easier if the person who can detect magic is the one swimming. Either way, a submersible light source will be useful.


Kerren will use the wand on Yarroth and Santoval.
Cure Yarroth 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Cure Santoval 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"There's a key at the bottom of that pool and it's is radiating magic. There are a bunch of other ones down there too."

GM, Can I tell how deep the pool is?

Kerren moves his dancing lights over the pool.


It's hard to tell depth with sight alone. It looks pretty deep, but no more than fifty feet.

Andoran

hp:11

"Thanks Kerren. I feel like I can take on a skeleton horde now. So which key is the magical one? There looks like a lot of them down there," Santoval says, leaning out over the edge of the pool.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

HP:6

Getting his gear back on, Yarroth asks Kerren, "Can you make those lights go underwater?? Maybe that will allow you to see the key?"


"I'm not sure. I will try it.
Kerren moves the dancing lights into the water.


The lights bob under the water, illuminating the pool from within.

So who wants to make a swim check?


"Let me get my rope out and tie it around my waste. When I give it a yank that means pull me up in a hurry."

Kerren will commence to change into his extra leggings.

"Crevin, you watch over these guys. I'll be gone just for a minute."

He ties the rope around himself.
"Ok, I'm ready. Do you guys have a good grip around of the rope?"

Kerren will recast dancing lights and detect magic. Will wait 3 rounds before going into the water. Making sure someone has the rope in a good grip.


Male Human Fighter 3

Anton gets a good grip on the rope, as Kerren attempts to dive into the pool. "We might want to tie some knots in this for a better grip," he remarks to the others. "I'm a decent swimmer as well, but all this steel mail tends to rust. Good luck, Kerren - we'll be ready to pull you out in a hurry if you give two hard yanks on the rope. Otherwise, just pull once when you have the key."


Kerren takes a deep breath and jumps into the water.
Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Yes, I took off all other clothing and equipment.

Andoran

Santoval wraps the end of the rope around his waist and knots it, then readies himself to heave Kerren out of the water.


Dice Rolls:

Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14
Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Swim: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20

Kerren flounders around in the bone-chilling cold water. After adjusting to the temperature he dives deep into the pool. The glow of colored lights dance around him as he descends 40 feet to the bottom. Once he grabs the key he gives a quick tug on the rope and glides effortlessly back to the surface.

A quick examination of the doors reveals that the southeast door is locked. Kerren's key fits it. The eastern door leads to the first room of the crypt.

I updated the map again.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Yarroth gets out a warm blanket to help dry Kerren. Once the witch has warmed up and dried off, we follow the southeast exit out of the room.

Andoran

"Ok that is crazy...why would a door back to where we started be in a pool of water on the opposite side of the door that we needed to use it in? I think some of the village elders were tipping a few too many back when they thought this through years ago. So we should go back to one of the previous doors?"


Male Human Fighter 3

It's an Elder Scrolls game dungeon, you're think you're through it because you found the easy exit - but you missed a whole section with the boss fight and the best loot!

Anton shrugs, and then a look of concern comes over him. "We still haven't found the source of evil in this crypt yet, or the girl it supposedly is holding captive. Let's search a bit more."

Suggest we just work our way backwards and explore C, B, and A - or search for secret doors that may lead further into the crypt.

"At least we have a clear way to escape if things get too crazy, right?"


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

"I agree with you Anton. We need to find the girl and stop whatever evil that killed the villagers. And knowing where the exit is, well that is a great boon! If needed we can retire and return, refreshed and ready for more!"
Yarroth looks at our map and suggests we go to area C.


Kerren finishes getting dressed.
"Thank you Yarroth for the blanket.
I'll follow you guys where ever you lead. I just hope we don't have to go swimming anymore."


Ok, map updated really. The key from the pool unlocks the door in the southeast that leads to the new A on the map. I'm assuming you head there.

A single pillar in the center of the room supports this wide, domed chamber. The pillar is surrounded by a pit, but a stone bridge crosses the pit on the south side. Dozens of arrows jut from holes in the pillar, facing every direction.

You entered from the west. There are doors leading south and east from this circular room.

Andoran

I don't think that I am getting this. Does the pit fill up the room? How big/wide are the bridges? Are their arrow slits in the walls?


Kerren asks the people in front, What's going on? What is in the room?


Sorry if my description was unclear. The room is circular and like a donut, with the pit like the hole in the middle. The pillar with arrows sticking out of slits is running through the middle of the pit. You can walk around the room freely, and there are doors to the east (you came in here), west, and south.


This is how I see the room (click me)

Is this right?


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Ok...that is a cool pic...and that is how I thought it was too...maybe more floor than pit, but that is how I 'saw' it

Yarroth steps into the room, but calls back to the others, "I am going to check the other doors, try and keep that one open just in case!!I have a bad feeling about this room!"

Andoran

Nodding, Santoval remains to block the door while his comrades search.


Kerren moves to help block the door from closing.

"Watch out for those pressure plates."


The pic is close, but you can also walk around the outer perimeter of the room as well. Also, the points of the arrows are facing outward from the pillar.

Yarroth makes his way toward the southern door. After a few seconds the pillar in the center of the room begins to spin. The door Santoval and Kerren are holding open tries to close, but their presence prevents it. A few of the arrows fly from the pillar in all directions. One strikes Yarroth and another strikes Santoval, although their blunted tips do little damage. More arrows remain in the spinning pillar. At first look, the southern door appears to be locked.

Arrows at Yarroth: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Arrows at Santoval: 1d4 ⇒ 1
To hit at Yarroth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
To hit at Santoval: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Non-lethal damage Yarroth: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Non-lethal damage Santoval: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Actions?


"Yarroth! Get back here!
Kerren ducks and continues to hold the door open.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Yarroth drops to the ground, in hopes that the arrows will sail over his prone body. "Darn it! I hate when I am right!! Yarroth starts to crawl towards the door.

Andoran

"Anyone got a shield? I wish we had brought the one from the wooden statue room now." Santoval says as he dives to the ground. An arrow strikes him as he ducks, and he yelps, grabbing at the wound. He is amazed as the arrow drops away, and no blood issues from the impact.

"Blunted arrows? Its another town trap. There has to be some sort of trick to this!"


"Let's go get those shields then. I think they're big enough for two people each."


Now that I am back, I have a question. Yarroth, which door are you heading toward. The south door you almost made it to, the west door you came from, or the east door you haven't gotten to yet?


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Back the way I came


Arrows at Yarroth: 1d4 ⇒ 3
Arrows at Kerren and Santoval: 1d4 ⇒ 4

To hit at Yarroth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
To hit at Yarroth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
To hit at Yarroth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
To hit at Santoval: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
To hit at Santoval: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
To hit at Kerren: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
To hit at Kerren: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Non-lethal damage Yarroth: 1d8 ⇒ 6
Non-lethal damage Santoval: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Non-lethal damage Santoval: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Non-lethal damage Kerren: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Non-lethal damage Kerren: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Arrows continue to fly from the pillar. Yarroth is clipped as he makes his way to the doorway. Kerren is struck by two arrows and knocked to the floor, unconscious. Santoval is also clipped but lets to slam the door shut after Yarroth crawls to safety.

Andoran

"By all the holies!! Are you ok?" Santoval asks Yarroth with a slightly glazed look in his eyes. "I think that we left Kerren in there. I certainly hope that the machine isn't still shooting him."


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

"Quick! Lets get those shields and get back before poor Kerren is battered to death!"
Yarroth staggers off towards the room where the shields can be found.


Kerren is safely inside the hall, he never entered the room, just held the door open.

Andoran

"Oh, here you are Kerren." Santoval says, after nearly tripping over Kerren. He shakes his head to clear the cobwebs then looks around. "So are we all safely in the hall? I need a rest, and we should get the shields up here. Thank the gods those arrows were blunted...that stung! Hey, where is Anton?"


Gets the Oscar for Unconscious Party Member. ;)


Male Human Fighter 3

"Oh I was just standing back here with my shield wondering what in the hells you all were attempting to do back there. I'll help drag one of those massive wooden shields back up here though." he says, smirking.

Apologies, I have a massive campaign kick-off coming up, and been busy with the holidays, so this PBP game has kind slipped my mind. I won't be able to post as frequently, but I'll lend a hand in and out of combat when necessary.


You travel back to the statue room and retrieve the two large shields. When you get back to the entryway Kerren has awoken, but is still a little groggy. A quick listen at the door and the room seems silent. You cautiously open the door, shield in hand. The pillar has stopped moving, and no arrows remain in the pillar. There are dozens and dozens of broken arrows littered around the room.


Male 1/2 Elven Ranger/Rogue 2/1

Yarroth checks up on Kerren, helping him to his feet. He then cautiously enters the room, looking at all the ruined arrows.
"Sheesh! This was suppose to be a 'safe' trap. I can only imagine what it would be like with real arrows!! Maybe we should rest up a bit before carrying on, I know I am tired and could do with a rest."

Andoran

"Agreed. Also it looks like this trap is spent now...we may not need these shields."


I'm going to house rule that every point of magical healing heals two points of non-lethal. In case you guys want to use some of those healing potions.

Andoran

Nope, that sounds great.

451 to 500 of 1,047 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Deinol's Crypt of the Everflame All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.