Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Davy Jones' Skulls & Shackles

Game Master Elmdorprime

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Campaign Info

The Calamitous Intent


1 to 50 of 3,962 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Map

Dot the gameplay thread.


Skills:
Percep +10 (12 vs surpise) Heal +10, geography +8, nature+8, local+8, Alchemy +10 (12) Profession Cook+7 Craft: Carpentry +8 Spellcraft +11
Vital:
HP 9/24AC 16(20)/14/12 (16)Fort +3 Ref +5Will +6 Init +6 Spear 7/7

.


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 62/62 | AC 18, T 11 FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +10 | CMD 18 | Init +1 | Perception +17

Dotting.


M Human Bolt Ace | Lvl 1 | HP 2/11, AC 16(14), T 13, FF 13 | F 3 R 6 W 3 | CMB 1 CMD 15 | Init + 5 | Perc + 7

Dot


Map

You wake up in darkness.

You remember the night before - the ringing laughter of a wild night, the heady joy of excess, the scents of cheap perfume and rich stewed meant lingering in your nostrils.

Now all that's left is a pounding headache, the sickly taste of cheap wine in you mouth, a hardy wood floor and a rhythmic creaking noise. The room sways back and forth like you're still drunk.

Before you can do much more than sit up and realize you're not alone before you hear heavy footsteps and the harsh light of a lantern piercing into your eyes.

A rough looking man cracks a whip at the floor of your feet as he stands over you with six other pirates, all slapping saps into their open hands with cruel grins on their faces.

Still abed with the sun over the yardarm? On your feet, ye filthy swabs! Get up on deck and report for duty before Cap'n Harrigan flays your flesh into sausage skins and has Fishguts fry ye up for breakfast!

[roll]Roll Perception DC 10 and Intelligence DC 10[/ooc]

Success (Perception):

You taste a faint amount of oily nutmeg on your tongue. Roll Craft (Alchemy) DC 15 or Knowledge (nature) DC 10 to determine the source of the taste.

Success (Alchemy, Nature) if Perception Successful:

You realize the taste is the remains of oil of taggit - someone poisoned either your food or drink last night

Success (Intelligence):

The man with the whip was in the office last night - you've been shanghai'd!

All your equipment is gone, you can get one "light" item back soon, please post that during your first post. Those of you with animal companions or familiars find that they're not with you.


M Human Bolt Ace | Lvl 1 | HP 2/11, AC 16(14), T 13, FF 13 | F 3 R 6 W 3 | CMB 1 CMD 15 | Init + 5 | Perc + 7

Arrh! Where the hell am I, and why the hell is my head pounding?

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
intelligence: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

By Gorum's balls, how'd I let myself get caught up on one of these ships!


Map

The pirate with the whip lashes out at you.

Attack (Whip): 1d20 ⇒ 7
Damage (Whip): 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Nonlethal

Silence ye scurvy dog! Get above or you'll have a worse day than ye can imagine!


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 62/62 | AC 18, T 11 FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +10 | CMD 18 | Init +1 | Perception +17

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Intelligence: 1d20 ⇒ 19
Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

I'd have volunteered for any ship but this one... No better than slavers... I hope at least it's a decent vessel...

The boy stands up and slowly begins to move upstairs, paying close attention to the ship's outlook.

If possible, Galean would like his spell component pouch.


M Human Bolt Ace | Lvl 1 | HP 2/11, AC 16(14), T 13, FF 13 | F 3 R 6 W 3 | CMB 1 CMD 15 | Init + 5 | Perc + 7

Wulf slowly gets up and takes stock of his surroundings, focusing on anything that might be useable as a weapon.

He stands up to his full height looking down upon the pirate standing in front of him.

He turns and begins moving toward the deck of the ship.

"Might as well see how this is going to play out."

Would really like a crossbow, but I'll settle for a dagger.


Clearly I'm on the wrong boat. Garćon? Please have the runabout brought around, and make sure theres a rustic cabernet on board and a more rustic blonde to go with it.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

I'd like to keep my dagger if its not too much trouble mate.


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

Nymph has a +10 to Perception so not even gonna bother rolling lol
Intelligence: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
Knowledge (Nature)/Untrained: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11

Grumbling and smacking her tongue and lips Nymph groggily came to, greatly annoyed at the fact that she had A. woken up, B. been woken up by some jackass shouting at her, C. was not curently in a bed with the cutie she was flirting with last night, and D. said jackass was cracking a whip in an obviously non Calistrian fashion.

"Ugh,.. damnit! Thas the last time I play 'Down the tankard or lose your shirt'. No matter how fine the wenches are." she mumbled as she stood and took stock of her own situation, which wasn't very good. Granted they had left her with her leather breeches and the fishnet shirt she wore so her captors were nicer than most she thought, that and she hadn't woken to getting a tattoo carved into her face so she counted that as a plus.

Not really wanting to give Whippy an excuse to target her she gets up and moves out with the others.

Brass knife for me please and thank you.


Skills:
Percep +10 (12 vs surpise) Heal +10, geography +8, nature+8, local+8, Alchemy +10 (12) Profession Cook+7 Craft: Carpentry +8 Spellcraft +11
Vital:
HP 9/24AC 16(20)/14/12 (16)Fort +3 Ref +5Will +6 Init +6 Spear 7/7

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 int
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 perc
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 alch

Not again! A prisoner again..

Ayre looks for Rocky and when he cannot find him he begins to panic. Throigh a great effort he calms himself.

spell pouch for me as well

Ayre keeps quiet after seeing the whip lash out and he rises


Map

Well I was waiting for Cordelia but I'll move it along since it's been a while.

The man with the whip slashes at Carthus for his impudence, then prods the rest of the crew onto the deck.

As you emerge on deck you find yourself surrounded by the rest of the crew and a few additional new sailors. You are all kept with three additional crew members and stand apart from the rest of the crew as a result of their relative cleanliness.

They prod you into a relative line in front of two men. One is a young, balding man with a long black ponytai, wearing a long coat and carrying a well-used cat-o'-nine-tails.

The other is a huge, muscular Garundi man with a shaven head, long beard bound with gold rings and an eye patch and this man moves to address you.

Glad you could join us at last! Welcome to the Wormwood! My thanks for ‘volunteering’ to join my crew.

The existing crew chuckes and jeers at you.

I’m Barnabas Harrigan. That’s Captain Barnabas Harrigan to you, not that you’ll ever need to address me. I have only one rule—don’t speak to me. I like talk, but I don’t like your talk. Follow that rule and we’ll all get along fine.

Oh, and one more thing. Even with you new recruits, we’re still short-handed, and I aim to keep what crew I have. There’ll be a keelhaulin’ for anyone caught killin’ anyone. Mr. Plugg! If you’d be so kind as to make pirates out of these landlubbers, it’ll save me having to put them in the sweatbox for a year and a day before I make pies out of ’em.

At this point he simply walks away, leaving behind the man with the cat-o'-nine-tails.

The man with cat looks at you and has an evil grin.

Well now, nice to see such fine specimen of sailors here. Well good news for you is you get to start working right away! Some previous crew were too stupid not to fall off the mast in a storm and we need some new riggers. So you all get to see who the best is!

He laughs easily at your discomfort and someone with a boarding pike begins prodding you to the rigging.

Your goal is to reach the crow's nest, 60 feet above the deck. You make DC 10 Climb check to reach the nest.

You climb at one-quarter your normal speed, or half with an accelerated climb (take -5 penalty).

If you fail by 4 or more you don't move, 5 or more you fall and have to make a Reflex check, DC 10 to take hold of the rigging.


Skills:
Percep +10 (12 vs surpise) Heal +10, geography +8, nature+8, local+8, Alchemy +10 (12) Profession Cook+7 Craft: Carpentry +8 Spellcraft +11
Vital:
HP 9/24AC 16(20)/14/12 (16)Fort +3 Ref +5Will +6 Init +6 Spear 7/7

6d20 ⇒ (10, 17, 1, 13, 12, 1) = 54

go up 20 feet fall but catch myself climb another 10 to 30 then fall

3d20 ⇒ (6, 6, 4) = 16 slams into the deck or he would if he didnt cast feather fall on himself

He starts again 10d20 ⇒ (14, 12, 9, 6, 16, 12, 3, 15, 10, 20) = 117 Finally he makes it all the way up.


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 62/62 | AC 18, T 11 FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +10 | CMD 18 | Init +1 | Perception +17

If we can take 10, Galean will do so, if not, he's going to proceed as normal. I don't suppose Profession(Sailor) can be used on that, but I'll just ask if it could. If it can be used, Galean succeeds on the fast climb automatically.
Taking it slow,

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Galean stirs a bit, looking a bit woozy from the oil, and slows down for a bit.

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 7.5ft
He quickly recovers his graces, and continues onward with practiced ease.

If we need to keep going until we succeed:

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 1115ft.
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 2022.5ft.
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 -
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 2230ft.
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 -
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 -
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 37.5ft.
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 45ft.
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 - Reflex Save
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 Whoah
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 1652.5ft.
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 -
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 -
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 1760ft. Damn, close

Galean takes it slow, except for a slip just below the topgallant sail. That's not how you tie a Calistrian Clutch knot, you goblinspawns... He manages to grab a hold of the rope and proceeds slowly.

Total: 14 turns.
I'll be reading a bit about sailing in general, but I don't know what knots are used where, so I'll improvise some things from time to time.


Map

Yes, for the purpose of these tests you cannot take 10, and you must continue until insensate from falling or at the top.


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

LOTSA Climb (13 rounds):

Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 No progress
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 Success 7.5ft
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Success 15ft
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Failure
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 Caught rigging
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Failure
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Caught rigging
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 ARE YOU F@%%ING KIDDIN ME!
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Caught rigging
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 Success 22.5ft
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Success 30ft
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Failure
Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Caught rigging
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Success 37.5ft
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Success 45ft
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Success 52.5ft
Climb: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 SUCCESS 60ft

Scrabbling and getting caught in the netting upon starting it was painfully obvious that the woman had probably never climbed a mast, of any sort, before. Once she got started though she raced upward, not being cautious though she kept missing a step or a grab and had to waste time catching and steadying herself, almost as much time spent actually climbing up.

"If I was meant to climb I woulda been born a damn monkey!" she spat in-between panting as she finally hurled herself over into the crow's nest.


Map

If the wizard is the best climber I'm going to laugh.


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

Dood! He's made of AIR!


M Human Bolt Ace | Lvl 1 | HP 2/11, AC 16(14), T 13, FF 13 | F 3 R 6 W 3 | CMB 1 CMD 15 | Init + 5 | Perc + 7

Not being much of a climber Wulf knows that this will take a while, however he is familiar with the rigging and not much afraid of falling.

climb: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Wulf walks over to the rigging and immediately falls on his ass. The ship lurched sideways and the ground was no longer underneath him.

I must still be drunk. Lets get this over with.

climb: 1d20 ⇒ 11 7.5 ft
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 13 15 fg
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 13 22.5 ft
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 13 30 ft
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 13 37.5
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 19 45 ft
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 13 52.5 ft
climb: 1d20 ⇒ 12 60 ft

13 must be my freaking lucky number

Well that wasn't so bad. Maybe I can still see my ship from here? Nope, nothing.


I'm going behind that guy? Points to Wulf. Sure, why not?

Carthus grabs the rope gingerly and begins his way up.

climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
climb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Carthus looks at his hands, looks at Wulf.

Is there any particular reason the ropes you touched were so, ah, sticky?

So that was fun.


Map

Going to PM Cordelia, see what's up. If nothing we'll assume she didn't "win" this contest.


Map

Cordelia's let me know that she's having some RL issues for the next few days, possibly just today, so it's mechano-PC for the moment.

Climb:

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 257.5
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 2115
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8-
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 2422.5
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 2230
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 1637.5
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 1145
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 1752.5
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6Fall
Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24Save!
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 1352.5
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9-
Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 1260

13 turns to the top for Cordelia.

The man with the cat looks at all of you in disgust.

You lot have to be the worst lubbers I've ever seen. How any of you ever got to Port Peril outside of a livestock crate is beyond me.

He lashes with the cat in annoyance.

You, the fairy (Ayre) and the oaf (Wulf) get to be the new topmen. Besmara preserve us.

Now the rest of you lot, who here has experience cooking?


Skills:
Percep +10 (12 vs surpise) Heal +10, geography +8, nature+8, local+8, Alchemy +10 (12) Profession Cook+7 Craft: Carpentry +8 Spellcraft +11
Vital:
HP 9/24AC 16(20)/14/12 (16)Fort +3 Ref +5Will +6 Init +6 Spear 7/7

Sir, I have experience as a doctor, if that is useful. I am also experienced as a carpenter.


Clearly I need to wash my hands before touch food.

Looks suspiciously at Wulf again. Looks at his hands, looks back to Wulf and sighs.

I'm not the worst around a fire, mate.


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

"I just eat the food, I don't know how to fix it." Nymph mumbles to the others.


Map

The man with the ponytail laughs at Ayre.

You got your job, Fairy. But if anyone on the mainmasts needs to have a bone sawed I guess they can come to you instead of the real ship's doctor.

He laughs.

Well then you get the job, Tubby (Carthus). The captain ain't happy with the food so you better get it in shape. Failure will be...unpleasant.

Note: the immediate antagonists are not nice people and I'm going to play them that way - let me know if it's too much because while they're trying to offend you, I'm not.

The rest of you get to be swabs, so get your arses in gear and start working, your section leaders will assign your tasks!

Roll off the table below and please roleplay your daytime actions. Cook's Mate - Carthus; Riggers - Ayre, Wulf; Swabs - Nymph, Galean, Cordelia. I...uh...forgot to load the .pdf for Book 1 on my phone so if you want to influence another NPC it'll have to wait for this afternoon once I'm back home. I'll also put the list on the Campaign tab so you don't have to refer to this post. Sorry for the forgetting.

Also if you want to shop, all your gold was taken. You can browse however!

Pirate Tasks:

Each day, the PCs are assigned tasks to complete, based on the their jobs (cook’s mate, rigger, or swab). Each PC will roll 1d6 on the following tables to randomly determine the daily tasks for each PC who’s a rigger or swab. See The Cook’s Mate below for details on tasks assigned to the cook’s mate. Each task represents a day’s hard work and requires at least one successful skill check to complete. Failing a task’s required skill check results in punishment. The punishment for failing a check by 4 or less is merely a severe verbal reprimand, or at worse, a rope bash.

Failing by 5 or more results in three lashes. The number of lashes increases to six if this is the second such failure in a row, to nine lashes for three failures in a row, and so on. Work takes place under the watchful eyes of Mr. Plugg and Master Scourge, and getting away from them is not easy. If a PC refuses to work or is unable to work, he or she receives a dozen lashes for the first such offense and a dozen lashes with the cat for the second. A third offense results in the character being put in the sweatbox for 12 hours.

Rigger Tasks
1 Rigging Repair: The ship’s rigging frequently gets damaged and must be repaired, requiring DC 10 Climb checks to reach the rigging 30 feet up, followed by a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

2 Line Work: Hard work hoisting and lowering sails, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

3 Upper Rigging Work: Work in the upper rigging, 50 feet up, requiring DC 10 Climb checks, followed by a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

4 Rope Work: Handling the ship’s ropes, including coiling them, stowing them, and securing them to cleats and single and double bollards, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

5 Lookout: A climb to the crow’s nest 60 feet up, requiring DC 10 Climb checks followed by a DC 10 Perception check.

6 Mainsail Duties: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Swab Tasks
1 Man the Bilges: Vile and sweaty work cleaning out the bilges, requiring a DC 12 Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

2 Rat Catcher: Catching rats and other vermin belowdecks, requiring either a DC 10 Stealth check, Survival check, or Dexterity check to catch and kill enough rats, cockroaches, and beetles for a good day’s work.

3 Swab the Decks: Backbreaking work mopping the decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks called holystones, requiring a DC 10 Strength or Constitution check. Failing either check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.

4 Hauling Rope and Knot Work: Tying and untying knots in the ship’s ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

5 Runner: Passing messages to the crew and officers of the Wormwood in all parts of the ship except officers’ cabins, requiring a DC 10 Acrobatics check and DC 10 Constitution check. Failing the Constitution check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift. A PC with the Run feat automatically succeeds at this task.

6 Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check.

Cook's Mate Tasks:

The Cook's Mate must roll a 1d100 at the start of each day; if the roll is 50 or above Kroop is drunk.
1 or 2 Cooking: Assisting Ambrose Kroop in preparing the day's meal. If Kroop is sober, no check is needed. If Kroop is drunk this requires a DC 10 Profession (Cook) or Intelligence Check.

3 Fishing: Catching tonight's supper using the ship's nets. A DC 10 Profession (Fisherman) or Survival check provides enough fish. A failed check results in a day in the Bilges (See Swab's Tasks)

4 Turtle Hunting: Hunting leatherback sea turtles with harpoons, treble hooks, and nets. A DC 10 Profession (Fisherman) or Survival check provides enough fish. A failed check results in a day in the Bilges (See Swab's Tasks)

5 Bull Session: Drinking with Ambrose Kroop and listening to his stories. The cook's mate must drink an additional rum ration, but is able to ake an additional ship action during the day.

6 Special Occasion: Captain Harrigan is celebrating something today, and wants one the ship's pigs butchered and cooked for dinner. The PC must make a DC 10 Profession (Cook) or Survival check to slaughter the animal then help Kroop to clean, cut and prepare the carcass. If Kroop is sober, no additional check is required. If Kroop is drunk, this requires a DC 15 Profession (Cook) or Intelligence Check.

You each get one daytime action (outside of working) and one nighttime action. You can make up to two additional nighttime actions but you must make a successful Constituion check (DC 10, +4 per extra ship action taken) or be fatigued the next day. If you are already fatigued you cannot take additional actions.

Daytime Ship Actions:

Work Diligently - gain a +4 bonus on any one check for a job's daily task.

Influence - Make normal checks for a job's daily taks and attempt to influence a single NPC.

Sneak - Make normal checks for a job's daily task and briefly explore one area of the ship (the PC can make a single Perception check or other skill check with no chance of detection).

Shop - Take a -2 penalty on all checks for a job's daily task and visit the quartermaster's store.

Shirk - Take a -2 penalty on all checks for a job's daily task and take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 10 on a single Perception check or other skill check, but must make a check to avoid being discovered.

Nighttime Ship Actions:

Sleep - Go to bed early and sleep through the night (automatically recover from fatigue)

Gamble - Play or gamble on a game of chance or pirate entertainment.

Entertain - Make one Perform check to entertain the crew.

Influence - Attempt to influence a single NPC.

Sneak - Take time exploring one area of the ship. The PC can take 20 on a single Perception check or other skill check but must make a check to avoid being discovered.

Steal - Attempt to open a locked door or locker. The PC must make a check to avoid being discovered.


Skills:
Percep +10 (12 vs surpise) Heal +10, geography +8, nature+8, local+8, Alchemy +10 (12) Profession Cook+7 Craft: Carpentry +8 Spellcraft +11
Vital:
HP 9/24AC 16(20)/14/12 (16)Fort +3 Ref +5Will +6 Init +6 Spear 7/7

Are immediately gets to work, terrified of what might happen if he does not, and terrified that something might happen to Rocky

1d6 ⇒ 3

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 climb
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Dex

Ayre is a veritable monkey in the rigging, after his slip earlier, knowing he has no chance to save himself again.


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

Swab Tasks: 1d6 ⇒ 4 Hauling Rope and Knot Work

Profession (Sailor): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Constitution: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Keeping up her grumbling through clenched teeth she tries to get her work as done as soon as possible, speeding through it but burning herself out in the progress.

How long does the Fatigue last? Thinking on what other activities to do atm.


Map

I may correct this once I get my hands on the book again, but I believe until you get a good night's rest (see nighttime activities.)


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

K... Hmm what to do...


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 62/62 | AC 18, T 11 FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +10 | CMD 18 | Init +1 | Perception +17

Swab's tasks: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Legitimately the worst role I could get :(

Seriously, runner? A trained monkey could do that...
Galean puts his back into the running, spending every free moment taking a breather.

Acrobatics, diligently: 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 4 = 13
Constitution: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

The boy runs around the ship like there is no tomorrow, spending his few free moments sitting down with back to the mast, staring at the other sailors and trying to give them an occasional bit of advice under the table.

At night time, he's probably going to go gambling, despite his better judgement. Socializing is key.


M Human Bolt Ace | Lvl 1 | HP 2/11, AC 16(14), T 13, FF 13 | F 3 R 6 W 3 | CMB 1 CMD 15 | Init + 5 | Perc + 7

rigger's task: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Extremely amused that he qualifed as a rigger, Wulf sets to his task of working the ship's ropes. One ship's work is much the same as another...

They could at least have left me a bit of coin for some ale.

profession sailor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Wulf skillfully manages the ships running and fixed rigging, easing the sheets where necessary helping to keep the sails trim and running efficiently.


Map

Remember you still have your daytime activity - even if I don't have NPC's listed yet (again, sorry) - you can pick what you want to do.

Galean - Working diligently.
Ayre - were you working diligently to get that + 4 to Climb?
Nymph - Thinking about it!
Cordelia - We'll have working diligently.
Wulf - ?


Skills:
Percep +10 (12 vs surpise) Heal +10, geography +8, nature+8, local+8, Alchemy +10 (12) Profession Cook+7 Craft: Carpentry +8 Spellcraft +11
Vital:
HP 9/24AC 16(20)/14/12 (16)Fort +3 Ref +5Will +6 Init +6 Spear 7/7

yes I was


Male Human Druid 7 | HP 62/62 | AC 18, T 11 FF 17 | Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +10 | CMD 18 | Init +1 | Perception +17

Don't worry about the NPC's. Try and convince the random dice gods to give me a task that doesn't involve the only skill I don't have, though. Question, has Galean prepared his spells for today, or does he have time to do so? Basically, being shanghai-ed is a bit confusing. I'm just asking about your ruling on the matter

What shall we do with a drunken sailor, what shall we do with a drunken sailor... thinks Galean in his head, whistling, while fiddling idly with a knot on the deck of the ship in the middle of one of his short breaks.


Map

For today no you don't have your spells - you wouldn't have had time since you last "rested". Going forward you can prepare spells as normal if you set aside time and, for those who need their spellbooks, have their spellbook.

Today you're sort of pushed straight into work so you don't have time to meditate/study/commune/pray.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Half-Elf Slayer 1

1d100 ⇒ 88

Carthus enters into the Galley whereupon he finds Kroop drunk. Not just a normal drunk. He's a singing drunk.

This can't end well. Carthus says under his breath.

Mr. Kroop! I'm to be your new... Kroop vomits profusely in the stew that looked like the nights meal. And passes out.

Cook's Mate. And it looks like...

1d6 ⇒ 2Cooking

I'm cooking.

cooking: 1d20 ⇒ 1 Carthus looks at the inedible sludge in front of him.

Kroop was cooking.

Looking more closely at the commonly labeled ingredients stored catastrophically around the hold he discovers that literally all of the ingredients are mislabeled. Not only that they have weevils.

Carthus vows now and forever to swear that this was all Kroops fault.

A man should always pick the smaller of two weevils.

Taking the inedible terrible remains of both disastrous attempts at cooking, and drinking, he spreads them around the floor and on Kroop.

I can't be here when this is discovered. This goes way beyond lashes. This calls for being towed behind the ship.

Don't get any ideas GM.

Carthus sneaks away into the ships stores. He grabs a bag of flour on his way in before looking around the deserted hold. This, this could be a plausible cover for the unspeakable atrocities committed in the Galley.

perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Map

What ideas would those be?


Skills:
Percep +10 (12 vs surpise) Heal +10, geography +8, nature+8, local+8, Alchemy +10 (12) Profession Cook+7 Craft: Carpentry +8 Spellcraft +11
Vital:
HP 9/24AC 16(20)/14/12 (16)Fort +3 Ref +5Will +6 Init +6 Spear 7/7

wouldn't previously prepared spells still be there?


M Human Bolt Ace | Lvl 1 | HP 2/11, AC 16(14), T 13, FF 13 | F 3 R 6 W 3 | CMB 1 CMD 15 | Init + 5 | Perc + 7

Going with influence, i forgot to add or subtract from my rolls.


Skills:
Percep +10 (12 vs surpise) Heal +10, geography +8, nature+8, local+8, Alchemy +10 (12) Profession Cook+7 Craft: Carpentry +8 Spellcraft +11
Vital:
HP 9/24AC 16(20)/14/12 (16)Fort +3 Ref +5Will +6 Init +6 Spear 7/7

1d20 ⇒ 15 Diplo

Ayre approaches some of the others and tries to play nice.

My name is Ayre. I don't know what to say other than hello. I hope we can work together.


M Human Bolt Ace | Lvl 1 | HP 2/11, AC 16(14), T 13, FF 13 | F 3 R 6 W 3 | CMB 1 CMD 15 | Init + 5 | Perc + 7

After the days work Wulf attempts to get to know the other crew.

Upon learning that Barefoot Samms was also a former fisherman...err woman. Wulf begins to speak with her.....

.......How long you been on the Wormwood?........ I've gotten "drafted" into one of these before and things can get ugly. It's always a good idea to know who you can trust, especially when you are up in the tops.

Wulf continues speaking with Barefoot Samms getting to know her.

You're alright. Us riggers need to stick together. If you watch my back, I'll cover yours. I'll admit though, that your back will be a lot nicer to watch....

bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Map

Regarding prepared spells - one more thing I apparently kept from 2nd edition AD&D is the "user or lose" nature of spells. Granted it never seemed to come up as my DM's (and I) sort of hand waved it away.

Ruling - You can keep your current spells but if you go to bed with the exhausted condition you may not prepare new spells.

I have put a number of important pieces of Information on the campaign tab - read them! For the character descriptions, that information is obtainable after your DC 15 Diplomacy or Sense Motive check separate from an influence attempt.

Ayre - who are you attempting to influence?


Map

Carthus, you find nothing special in the hold, possibly because you're too distracted by the unholy mess you left the galley in. You are however convinced you have searched it extremely thoroughly and have no need to go back.

Cordelia sets to her tasks:

Swab's Tasks: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Fatigue Check, while working diligently: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Cordelia staves off fatigue at the end of the day after mopping vigorously.

Wulf's crude attempts at flattery actually seem to succeed.

Ha, aren't ye the smooth one? You're right, we do need to stick together up here - the rigging is dangerous fer lubbers and that's fer true! She bumps Wulf's hip with her own.

Although if ye ask me yer own back's plenty good to watch - better than yer face! She laughs at her own joke.

Samms' Attitude: Friendly


Map

Daytime 1 Tasks:

Aethelwulf - Influence
Ayre - Work Diligently
Carthus - Sneak
Cordelia - Work Diligently
Galean - Work Diligently
Nymph - Undecided

Nymph - when you've chosen your action we'll proceed. No pressure!


Skills:
Percep +10 (12 vs surpise) Heal +10, geography +8, nature+8, local+8, Alchemy +10 (12) Profession Cook+7 Craft: Carpentry +8 Spellcraft +11
Vital:
HP 9/24AC 16(20)/14/12 (16)Fort +3 Ref +5Will +6 Init +6 Spear 7/7

I will let you know DM I posted that before realizing the info was in the tab. also once I use a spell I cannot re-prepare it until I have my spell book, I guess I should ask for that not my pouch.

Ayre approaches Sandara, as she seems the friendliest.


HP: 25/72 | MaB +9 RaB +8 CMB +9 | AC/T/FF 18/12/16 CMD 21 | Fort +8 Ref +7 Will +6 | Init +2 | Favored Enemy: Human +4, Monstrous Humanoid +2 | Favored Terrain: Water +2 | Charm Animals 3/3
Skills:
Heal +12 Perception +15 Profession (Sailor) +13 Stealth +11 Survival +12(15) Swim +15(23)

Was waiting for you to post the crew info :3 Hmm, which of the girls are the prettiest?


Map

Sandara is easily the prettiest of the women on board. A beautiful woman with fiery red hair bound by a tri-corn and tattoos on both arms, she looks every inch a young man's fantasy pirate maid.

As Ayre approaches Sandara he detects a glare from Scourge burning through the back of his head.

Sandara gives a bright smile to Ayre.

Hi there, sailor? Come here often?


Skills:
Percep +10 (12 vs surpise) Heal +10, geography +8, nature+8, local+8, Alchemy +10 (12) Profession Cook+7 Craft: Carpentry +8 Spellcraft +11
Vital:
HP 9/24AC 16(20)/14/12 (16)Fort +3 Ref +5Will +6 Init +6 Spear 7/7

Um, no. I mean I guess I will be now. I don't know. I don't like this place.

1 to 50 of 3,962 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Davy Jones' Skulls & Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.