Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Dan E’s Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master Dan E

Recruited to reclaim the town of Kelmarane from a tribe of gnolls, six adventurers find themselves caught up in a series of events that may change the face of Katapesh: the Legacy of Fire.


2,201 to 2,250 of 2,347 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>

Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager
Grall wrote:

As soon as Nuveril finishes the zombie, Grall move with incredible speed into action. He speeds by her and along the edge towards the Gnoll guards, he stops just outside of their range.

You should have rrrun while you have the chance. Theirrr will be no merrrcy for you now! he yells, towering over his own kind, his voice trembling with rage...the dropping of his friend Sajan has caused him to come to the edge again as he did so long ago...

Double move to B,C/8,9. .

Rage Rounds: 15/18
HP: 82/106
AC: 16
Blur: 26/30
Bull's STR 24/30
Enlarge 8/10
CMB: +15 CMD: 28

BTW add 1 to AC and most other things due to Haste.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

We don't have haste in this combat, do we? Dan has it listed as an active effect, but I don't remember Zeladiel casting it.

EDIT: Oh, there it is in round 2. I missed it. Should have gotten an extra attack that round, but since the zombie's down anyway, it doesn't make a difference. AC is 1 higher, though. :P


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 10/10, Channel 6/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

Indeed we do. Zeladiel casted it here


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

"Hmm... chanting. Time to change the rules."
Zeladiel scales the walls into the darkness, leaving the light of his companions behind.
(2nd nearest patch of darkness on the ceiling please, further towards the south and east if choice exists, >60' from gnolls. :-)
He then fires an arrow off towards the sound of chanting. (H17,I18)
There is the briefest of pauses, then a huge explosion illuminates the far end of the chamber.

fireball (Ref DC 17, fire) 5d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 6, 2) + 3 = 20


Roaring his challenge, the ogre sized Grall pounds up the western side of the pit, the lone guard in his way blanching before the barbarian's rush. He can see that one of the archers has managed to avoid the pit, the other guard and archer having seemingly fallen.

At a near 14' high Grall can mostly see over the barrier. Two gnoll beasts lurk ahead. Apparently impatiently. They roar their own challenges as the barbarian comes into sight.

To the north and east of them Grall can see three priests of Rovagug, their features hidden behind demon masks. The closer two wear splintmail similar to the ones you encountered previously under their multi-coloured cloaks and heft greataxes.

The further is something different entirely. His armour is chainmail but no gnoll crafted those tightly coiled mithril links. He is armed like the emmissary from Kelmarane, with a morning star stuck through his wide belt and a heavy shield. His mask is that of some kind of hideous toad demon, a large toothy mouth gapes below the eye slits. He looks too at Grall.

Next to the pit and with Grall about 15' away the guard in his way beats a hasty retreat back past the pit. Grall isn't quite close enough to sight the ones that fell into the pit.

Down on the ground, head near Sajan's chest, positive energy fills the priestess near to bursting in response to her prayer. White, blue light fills her eyes and trails in the air from her fingertips. She throws it all into the fallen monk. His chest moves up and down and for a moment the priestess believes she has brought him back from the brink as she has done for one or other of the group so many times.

Horror dawns though. It is the force of the energy filling the monk's lungs. And nothing else. Sajan is dead.

Another arrow comes in from the east, this time at the priestess herself. Prone she makes a small target though and the shaft bounces off her armour.

Arrow vs Linah 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 = 22 miss with prone
1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 2 = 5

The western archer who managed to escape the pit fires a hasty arrow at Grall before backing up as well. Too hasty, the shot misses by yards.

Arrow vs Grall 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
1d100 ⇒ 40

Conceivable for Grall to yell out what he can see which might change Zeladiel's action so will allow the later to confirm or change. Standard action to active boots as well right?

Khalid 25
Nuveril 22a
Grall 22b
Carrion Guard 16
Sajan 15 (dead)
Linah 12a
E Carrion Guard Archers 12b
W Carrion Guard Archers 9a
Zeladiel 9b ACTING
?

MAP. I've marked Grall's vision on the map. There may well be further enemies he can't see as well as the pile at the back.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

The enemy cowerrrs behind the barrrricade about 45 feet norrrrthwest of me...
he says with disgust,
Therrre arrre many of them but I can smell theirrr fearrr, as with theirrr once king I slew, they arrre merrrely prrrey!


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

"Your words are useless without light," Nuveril shouts back angrily into the darkness. "Khalid, take the lead and show me something to fight!"

Not only is it dark, but we have one way blocked by a stinking cloud and the other by a pit, right? How long until those go away?


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Poke...I think ? is up then Khalid...


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Saan's spirit floated free of his body, rising high. As he left the material plane behind him, his spirit perceived the battle below. He smiled in the knowledge that the monstrous Thkok Tal had fallen to him at the same moment that he had succumbed to his wounds.

He felt warm, safe- and felt he had fulfilled his duty. He had kept the others safe, first against the Carrion King's axe and then against the monstrous centipede that may have helped create him. Surely, now he had done enough.

Sajan was satisfied- and he knew that he had no doubt done his ancestors proud in his sacrifice. As his spirit raced to the boneyard, it was certain it would not be found wanting. He would dine with his forefathers tonight.


Haven't abandoned you guys just a particularly hellish work week. Will try and get a substantive update up tonight or tomorrow latest. Sorry for letting momentum slide a bit.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Bad, bad GM!!! lol, no problem, just wanted to make sure you are still with us Dan.


Zeladiel takes several long steps up the wall. His arrow is nearly invisible in the darkness but the fireball detonates in an mass of sound and fire.

Grall has the best view. The priest in the middle seems unharmed, his cloak buffeted by the pressure of the explosion but some kind of ward flickers around him, apparently absorbing the heat.

Those around him fare less well and the barbarian can momentarily see two more beyond caught haplessly in the effect as well. In total two priests fall to the ground screaming, one with his mask on fire, the other his left side. Two more seem badly injured.

Reflex H,18 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 fail but apparently resistant to fire
Reflex G,16 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 fail
Reflex J,16 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6 fail

DM:

Reflex G,20 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8 fail
Reflex J,20 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8 fail

The gnoll beasts head toward Grall with a roar. Whatever was holding them back seems overriden at the sight of an enemy. The closer dashes toward the pit, leaping over it with ease and closing with the barbarian. Which gives him an AOO.

Jump 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

The beast uses its momentum well, digging a claw down Grall's left arm. Or it would if Grall wasn't actually a foot to the right. The beast stares stupidly, unable to work out what happened, although it manages to stop itself sliding into the pit.

Claw vs Grall 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24 hit
1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
1d100 ⇒ 11 miss

Reflex 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 2 = 21 pass

With nowhere to go, the second stops short, stamping the floor in frustration.

Grall sees the central priest, the high priest surely, moving behind one of the pillars and toward one of those stricken. The priest begins a chant but it becomes apparent it is no prayer of healing. A dull red glow forms all around the fallen one, the head priest drawing it into himself as he chants. When he straightens he seems bulkier than before....

Grall can only see one other of the priests now and he pulls a wand from his belt and uses it on himself.

DM:

G,16 clw 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 healed


Gnoll Killers

Round 5

Khalid 25
Nuveril 22a
Grall 22b
Carrion Guard 16
Linah 12a
E Carrion Guard Archers 12b
W Carrion Guard Archers 9a
Zeladiel 9b
Gnoll Beasts 9c
High Priest 7
Adepts 4
?

Effects

Bulls Strength (Grall, Nuveril)
Enlarge Person (Grall)
See Invisibility (Khalid)
Weapon of Awe (Khalid)
Shield of Faith (Kahalid)
Mage Armor (Zeladiel)
Blur (Grall)
Divine Favor (Khalid)
Gravity Bow (Zeladiel)
Haste (all)

Notes

- Note darkness rules as normal. A light spell (Khalid, Linah) casts 20' of normal light and a further 20' of dim light. Sajan's lantern is lying next to his prone body pointing at nothing in particular.
- The 8' high barrier of carrion and rubble is blocking LOS to the middle of the chamber.
- The carrion pit is 25' deep at its northern section, it slopes up to the barrier at the south.
- Stinking cloud is 20' high. It blocks LOS beyond 5' (although that area currently in darkness).
- Magic pit is 30' deep. Reflex save at + 2 if adjacent at end of turn to avoid failling in.

MAP

Note Grall is way outside of everyone else's vision at this point. He has an AOO as above.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

+1 falchion enraged bulls str enlarged haste 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 21 dam 2d6 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 11 + 2 = 19

Round 5 Action
My turrrrn!
+1 falchion enraged pwr atk bulls str Reckless Abandon enlarged haste 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 32 dam 2d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 17 + 2 = 23

+1 falchion enraged pwr atk bulls str Reckless Abandon enlarged haste 2nd 1d20 + 16 - 5 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 16 - 5 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 18 dam 2d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (4, 6) + 17 + 2 = 29

Bite enraged pwr atk Reckless Abandon enlarged haste 1d20 + 8 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 15 dam 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

hasted +1 falchion enraged pwr atk bulls str Reckless Abandon enlarged haste 1d20 + 16 + 1 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 16 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 19 dam 2d6 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 17 + 2 = 28

Rage Rounds: 14/18
HP: 82/106
AC: 12
Blur: 25/30
Bull's STR 23/30
Enlarge 7/10
Haste 3/5
CMB: +15 CMD: 28

Wait, did Khalid roll those dice?????? :]


The gnoll beasts seems to have little concept of defense, Grall's blade hacks deep into the creature's side as it lunges at him.

Khalid 25 ACTING
Nuveril 22a
Grall 22b *
Carrion Guard 16
Linah 12a
E Carrion Guard Archers 12b
W Carrion Guard Archers 9a
Zeladiel 9b
Gnoll Beasts 9c
High Priest 7
Adepts 4
?

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Hearing Grall's growls, Khalid scoops heads off toward the sound.

"Let's go, there will be time to mourn our friend later. We can not let his sacrifice be for nothing."

Double Hasted move to (A,8)


Khalid moves up just short of Grall, casting a bubble of light that illuminates up to the further gnoll beast. Recall 20' of normal and 20' of dim light. That will just put the high priest in Zeladiel's sight. The two gnolls are out of sight in the 30' pit.

Khalid 25
Nuveril 22a ACTING
Grall 22b *
Carrion Guard 16
Linah 12a (prone)
E Carrion Guard Archers 12b
W Carrion Guard Archers 9a
Zeladiel 9b
Gnoll Beasts 9c
High Priest 7
Adepts 4
?


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Nuveril starts to take off after Khalid and his aura of light but growls in anger when it illuminates Grall blocking any path she could find to the rest of the gnolls. "Linah!" she snaps. "Get up and go the other way. We need light at the barricade!"

Delay


Nuveril delays as Grall chops at the beast in front of him. The creature's tough hide is no substantial impediment to the enraged, enlarged barbarian, his magic blade cutting deep into the beast's side. A right-left slash and the beast is almost disembowelled. But like the others you have fought it does not fall to what is clearly a mortal wound, lunging forward to snap at Grall and showering his face with spittle.

Right up until Grall hacks its head off. The two seperate body parts falling to the ground with a thump.

A collective groan comes from the waiting gnolls and beyond your sight several more seem to slip away from the battle..

Of the four carrion swordsman, Grall can see only the one at the back, two still obscured beyond the stinking cloud and one at the bottom of the pit. That last moves forward level with the remaining gnoll beast, snatching up a longspear from the rack along the western side of the room. I,9 and partial cover from ranged with the wall.

Khalid 25
Nuveril 22a
Grall 22b *
Carrion Guard 16
Linah 12a (prone) ACTING
E Carrion Guard Archers 12b
W Carrion Guard Archers 9a
Zeladiel 9b
Gnoll Beast 9c
High Priest 7
Adepts 4
?

Linah up, recall she is prone. An interesting decision for her. Note the stinking cloud blocks the eastern passage although not for much longer. Will allow Linah a spellcraft roll to know this without Zeladiel shouting it out.


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 10/10, Channel 6/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

Round 5, initiative 12a
ac 20, touch 12, fleet-footed 18
fort +7, ref +4, will +9
cmd 16
hp 33/43
effects: haste, light

At first Linah doesn't realise why Sajan isn't opening his eyes. She had healed him. She had seen his chest raise to take a breath. The sound of battle grows more distant and the shadows press upon her as the cleric realises her failure. The horrible realisation stabs Linah in the heart and leaves her paralyzed. It is not before Nuveril's voice tear through the void and the battles comes crashing back. She fumbles for her scimitar and the lantern Sajan carried as her eyes well up with tears. Mustering what strength she has left she gets back to her feet and starts to move towards cloud where the arrows came from.

Don't know how much of my round this will take, but i want to:
1) Retrieve my scimitar
2) Retrieve Sajan's lantern
3) Point the lantern towards the Stinking cloud Gnolls
4) Get up from prone
5) Move towards the Stinking cloud Gnolls


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 10/10, Channel 6/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14
DM Dan E wrote:
Linah up, recall she is prone. An interesting decision for her. Note the stinking cloud blocks the eastern passage although not for much longer. Will allow Linah a spellcraft roll to know this without Zeladiel shouting it out.

I was planning on going there anyway. Can't have the gnolls raining down arrows on me. Although now i might have walked into my own doom if everybody get's a shoot.


With your shield still on your back its a move to pick up your scimitar, a move to grab the lantern and a free to reposition it.

Staying prone Linah snatches up her scimitar and Sajan's lantern, lying lonely on its side next to the fallen monk's giant form. Swinging the lantern around she pins the archer with the beam, showing the stinking cloud still beyond. If there are still gnolls on the other side they can't be seen through the roiling green cloud.

Assume Nuveril will want to act here.

Khalid 25
Nuveril 22a (delaying)
Grall 22b *
Carrion Guard 16
Linah 12a (prone)
E Carrion Guard Archers 12b ABOUT TO ACT
W Carrion Guard Archers 9a
Zeladiel 9b (20' off the ground)
Gnoll Beast 9c
High Priest 7
Adepts 4
?


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

I wouldn't worry, Linah; if they're smart, they'll focus their fire on the irate halfling heading their way before the prone cleric with the lantern. :)

As soon as the path is illuminated for her, Nuveril scampers past Linah and over the fallen but still huge form of the monk, Zeladiel's lingering enchantment lending her the speed to cover the intervening ground at a lightning pace. Stopping just within her hammer's swing of the gnoll outside the cloud, she grins. "Shoot your arrow, gnoll. I dare you."

Double move to A 27

Round 5, Init 12b (bumping archers down to 12c?)
haste, bull's strength
AC 23, CMD 24

What does the red box around the gnoll mean, Dan: just that he's an archer?


Yep the red boxes are the archers.

The eastern archer, Sajan's killer, see Nuveril coming and fumbles desperately for its next arrow, the halfling racing faster than the suddenly very concerned gnoll could imagine. The halfling gets into hammer reach just as the archer levels its bow and releases....

AOO for Nuveril, she obviously strikes first and disabling her target will prevents its attack.

Arrow vs Nuveril 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 = 25 (point blank shot)
1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

The back western archer doesn't have too many available firing angles, it moves forward and to the right (J,13) drawing a line on Grall between the columns and firing. Grall providing oodles of cover for Khalid.

It rushes its shot again though, only barely missing the gnoll beast in the shoulder. The head priest growls some low retort at it that has the bowgnoll quaking.

Arrow vs Grall 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7 miss
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
1d100 ⇒ 4

We will resolve Nuveril's conflict but Zeladiel is up.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Ready for the gnoll to take her dare, Nuveril's muscles twitch into motion the very moment it moves to draw back the bowstring, and she drives the head of her hammer into its exposed midsection.

AoO 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 20% miss chance due to dim light1d100 ⇒ 59

My understanding is that Power Attack can only be declared on my turn so since I double-moved on my init, I can't get the extra +4 damage on the AoO, correct? I think the pugwampi king is getting the last laugh: if she were still using a scimitar, she's rolled a lot of 18s and 19s that would have been critical threats. :P

EDIT: Oh, wait: this is a real, live gnoll, not a zombie one, so she gets her Gnoll Killer bonus. 33 to hit, 9 damage.


Declared with the attack perfectly fine and Linah has the light on you so no miss.

Nuveril's hammer collides with the gnoll's ribs with a satisfying cracking sound seconds before the gnoll's arrow slices across the halfling's hip.

With no good options between the cloud, pit and particularly angry barbarian, the gnoll whips its bow back and forth trying to keep the halfling back.

It shouts back to the gnolls behind.

Gnoll:

Masterr! I have killed the larrge human! Please dispel the cloud and save me I beg!

A brusque reply does not seem to fill the archer with confidence.

Gnoll:

You have done well. Sell your life dearrly and the Rrough Beast will not eat your soul.


MAP


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Grall growls at Khalid, Is Sajan moving up the otherrr side with the little one, Linahrrr needs prrrotection?

Knowing Grall as you do, you are not sure if he will be able to control himself if he finds out the large man has died...


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Zeladiel advances across the ceiling pulling out his diamond topped rod as he does. (-H18)
He looks 'up' at Sajan 'above' him.
Why isn't he getting up?
As Linah leaves the body, Zeladiel understands.
Another one... How many?

"HOW MANY?!!

Zeladiel lets fly another arrow of magic and another explosion shakes the room. (H,I,13,14) This one flashes blue however and radiates intense cold in all directions.
cryoball (Ref DC 17, cold) 5d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6, 1, 5, 6) + 3 = 23
(Arcane Bond, Rod of Elemental Cold)

Smart! Hide in the dark, then shout out where I am. Focus. Focus or join them...


Note the ceiling is about 50' high.

The coldball does not give out as much light as the fireball but it is just as loud and the gnolls in the effect writhe as the intense cold washes over them just as Zeladiel yells out his defiance.

So quick and precisely aimed is the blast all seem to take the full impact and the high priest's ward apparently doesn't protect him from cold from his reaction. The other visible priest and the archer simply collapse while even the gnoll beast howls in anger and pain.

I,15 Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 fail
G,16 Reflex 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 fail
J,12 Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 fail
I,J,10,11 Reflex 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 fail

With the other gnolls shouting at it to stay where it is, the gnollbeast seems to have just marginally enough intelligence to avoid the meatgrinder between the pit and Grall. Its attention remains fully focused on the barbarian though and it clashes its claws against each other, ready for any approach.

From his posture, the head priest is visibly annoyed by the success of Zeladiel's assault. He yells out to the room at large,

Gnoll:

RROKOVA. TAKE THE WIZARRD! IF YOU BETRRAY ME I WILL HAVE YOUR HEARRT OUT!

and then focuses on Grall, apparently issuing some kind of taunt from the tone.

Gnoll:

You arre strrong rrace trraitorr, tough. But I have the secrret of defeating you. You cannot beat what you cannot strrike!

He chants a spell and an inky black form comes screaming into existence next to the barbarian, flying over the pit and about ten feet off the ground level (D,10). It is translucent, in the form of some kind of bipedal, insect-like fiend although it appears to be some kind of magical construct rather than a creature. A greataxe forms between its misty hands, a twin to the Carrion King's mighty weapon.

It strikes twice sidewise at the barbarian, whatever power at play ignoring his blur and the force axe opens painful cuts to Grall's left and right arms. Note these bypass DR unfortunately.

Greataxe 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 hit
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Greataxe 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 hit
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Khalid can't see the priest when he casts but I'll allow him and Linah a spellcraft check at a penalty to identify the effect. Zeladiel can see him dimly and can make a direct id although not ideal conditions.

DM only:

Housekeeping
a CLW x2 2d8 + 2 ⇒ (2, 3) + 2 = 7
temp hp 1d8 ⇒ 7

Taldor

Male

Natural 1 on a reflex save, someone's equipment's going to be trashed.


Gnoll Killers

Round 6

Khalid 25 ACTING
Grall 22
Carrion Guard 16
Linah 12a (prone)
Nuveril 12b
E Carrion Guard Archers 12c
W Carrion Guard Archers 9a
Zeladiel 9b
Gnoll Beasts 9c
High Priest 7
Adepts 4
?

Effects

Bulls Strength (Grall, Nuveril)
Enlarge Person (Grall)
See Invisibility (Khalid)
Weapon of Awe (Khalid)
Shield of Faith (Kahalid)
Mage Armor (Zeladiel)
Blur (Grall)
Divine Favor (Khalid)
Gravity Bow (Zeladiel)
Haste (all)

Notes

- Note darkness rules as normal. A light spell (Khalid, Linah) casts 20' of normal light and a further 20' of dim light. Linah has Sajan's lantern in her left hand.
- The 8' high barrier of carrion and rubble is blocking LOS to the middle of the chamber.
- The carrion pit is 25' deep at its northern section, it slopes up to the barrier at the south.
- Stinking cloud is 20' high. It blocks LOS beyond 5' (although that area currently in darkness).
- Magic pit is 30' deep. Reflex save at + 2 if adjacent at end of turn to avoid failling in.

Note stinking cloud will expire after Zeladiel's action, haste will end next round.


Alexander Kilcoyne wrote:
Natural 1 on a reflex save, someone's equipment's going to be trashed.

Aye, and the guy with the goodies too hence his particular annoyance. Need a bit more time to work out and roll his saves but wanted to get the post up :)


DM only:

Damage?
1st Shield
2nd Armor
3rd Magic helmet, hat, or headband
4th Item in hand (including weapon, wand, or the like)
5th Magic cloak

Shield
Armor
Headband
Cloak

1d4 ⇒ 2

save 1d20 ⇒ 11

The priest's armor seems to have taken the effect of the blast in particular but the fabulously crafted piece of equipment appears undamaged.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 Ok, that's not gonna ID anything.

Khalid targets the shadowy creature with one of his firebolts, in hopes of aiding Grall.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 + 1 = 25 (divine favor, haste)
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Thats going to pass right through it unfortunately so lets see if Linah or Zeladiel can make the check and yell something out to avoid expending Khalid's action.

In fact given were right in the middle of the laters non-posting cycle I'm inclined to make his for him and keep things going for today.

Zeladiel Spellcraft 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 4 = 20 pass okay

Zeladiel wrestles whether to call out but given he has already exposed his position...

Grall, Khalid it is a spiritual ally! You cannot harm it with weapons or spells!

He can provide some more info when it comes around to his turn.Khalid can change his action to reflect this information.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Ok, thanks.

Hearing Zeladiel's warning, Khalid moves past Grall to engage one of the gnolls.

Move to (F,8), Attack the archer in (G,9)

Acrobatics to Avoid AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Tempest: 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 17 (divine favor, haste)
Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + (4) + 2 + 2 = 16 (frost, divine favor, weapon of awe)


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

(Bah- it's only midnight here. Thanks for the roll. You know my luck) :-)

"Spiritual ally! Like Linah's spiritual weapon. Slightly smarter."


Khalid Al Ha'zareen wrote:

Ok, thanks.

Hearing Zeladiel's warning, Khalid moves past Grall to engage one of the gnolls.

Move to (F,8), Attack the archer in (G,9)

[dice=Acrobatics to Avoid AoO]1d20 + 7
[dice=Tempest]1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 (divine favor, haste)
[dice=Damage]1d6 + 5 + 1d6 + 2 + 2 (frost, divine favor, weapon of awe)

He's in the pit. Assume your not jumping down there :)

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6
DM Dan E wrote:
He's in the pit. Assume your not jumping down there :)

grumble, grumble...delay until after Grall...


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Can you get rrrid of it Zeladiel? he has seen his spirit weapon but the pit blocks his way as does the thing he can not harm...


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 10/10, Channel 6/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14
DM Dan E wrote:

Declared with the attack perfectly fine and Linah has the light on you so no miss.

Nuveril's hammer collides with the gnoll's ribs with a satisfying cracking sound seconds before the gnoll's arrow slices across the halfling's hip.

With no good options between the cloud, pit and particularly angry barbarian, the gnoll whips its bow back and forth trying to keep the halfling back.

It shouts back to the gnolls behind.

Gnoll:

Masterr! I have killed the larrge human! Please dispel the cloud and save me I beg!

A brusque reply does not seem to fill the archer with confidence.

Gnoll:

You have done well. Sell your life dearrly and the Rrough Beast will not eat your soul.

The priests reply sends a shiver and sickening feeling running through Linah. Before she has had the time to think she cries back in broken gnoll.

Gnoll:

This is the favor of the god you serve! Redeem your souls and leave this place forever!


MAP up to Grall's action.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

"No!"

(Take the AoO, you wuss. :-)


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

It's not the AOO I am worried about, the darn pit has me trapped over here and if I try to cross I risk the chance of falling in the hole with something that can attack me with impunity for the next 8 rounds probably. With my AC that means I would probably go down by that time. Anyways...probably have to do this the hard way...

Khalid, they have us at a choke point herrre due to the pit, we should go arrround the otherrr way and stay togetherrr with the otherrrs!

Grall double moves around to the other side withdrawing from the force warrior. -H,-G/25,26.

Linahrrr, what is wrrrong with Sajan? he yells out!

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

The inquisitor nods, acknowledging Grall's appraisal of the field as he takes off toward the other side.

Double move to (-I,25)


Grall and Khalid make good use of the fading haste, backing away from the priest's spiritual ally and making it back around past Linah in mere seconds.

That leaves the western side of the chamber in darkness, the head priest and his allies there once again invisible. Only the lantern now providing illumination to other than the ne corner.

You can't see anything of the remaining Carrion guard's actions, Linah is up. Move to stand of course.

Grall 22a
Khalid 22b (delaying)
Carrion Guard 16
Linah 12a (prone) ACTING
Nuveril 12b
E Carrion Guard Archers 12c
W Carrion Guard Archers 9a
Zeladiel 9b STINKING CLOUD EXPIRES AFTER ACTION
Gnoll Beast 9c
High Priest 7
Adepts 4
?


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 10/10, Channel 6/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

Round 6, initiative 12a
ac 20, touch 12, fleet-footed 18
fort +7, ref +4, will +9
cmd 16
hp 33/43
effects: light, haste

"He is dead. A arrow killed him", Linah sounds defeated when she anwsers Grall. She rises to her feet and follows after Nuveril. When her scimitar is close enough to illuminate the area for the halfling she turns the lantern towards the other side of the chamber (around A9ish).

Move action to stand up from prone.
Move action to -B27 (i think i can reach that far)


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

If Nuveril heard the priestess's words, she betrays no sign of it -- save perhaps the reckless wildness of her hammer swings. Despite the gnoll's precarious position, it easily sidesteps the weapon, albeit directly into her sharp shield spike. It is only Zeladiel's arcane accomplishments that allow her the time to focus her efforts and finally to connect with her primary weapon, though only glancingly.

Hammer 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11 damage 1d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16
Shield bash 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 1 = 27 damage 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
Hammer 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8 damage 1d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16
Hammer 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26 damage 1d6 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 11

Round 6, Init 12b
haste, bull's strength, Gnoll Killer
AC 23, CMD 24

Why do I roll the good damage on the misses? :P


21 more than good enough for his chainshirt and dex.

Linah moves to support Nuveril but the halfling needs no assistance meleeing a single gnoll. The desperate archer bats away the barbarian's initial hammer swings but has no answer for the spike that rams into its belly. The gnoll is on its way to the ground but the halfling makes sure of the job with a hammer blow to the back of the neck. Sajan's death avenged, the barbarian contemplates the suddenly thinning vapors in front of her.

None of the other archers are visible one presumably hidden behind the cloud, the other in the pit.

Grall 22a
Khalid 22b (delaying)
Carrion Guards 16
Linah 12a (prone)
Nuveril 12b
E Carrion Guard Archer 12c
W Carrion Guard Archer 9a
Zeladiel 9b ACTING. STINKING CLOUD EXPIRES AFTER ACTION
Gnoll Beast 9c
High Priest 7
Adept 4
?

Some 's added and removed to reflect current numbers as far as you know.

2,201 to 2,250 of 2,347 << first < prev | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Dan E’s Legacy of Fire: House of the Beast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.