Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Dan E’s Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master Dan E

Recruited to reclaim the town of Kelmarane from a tribe of gnolls, six adventurers find themselves caught up in a series of events that may change the face of Katapesh: the Legacy of Fire.


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,347 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Nuveril's first strike dislodges the rast from her shoulder, propelling it backwards and the second, a driving uppercut, swats it out of the air, the disgusting creature slamming down into the bench and breaking apart.

Linah rushes forward to heal the halfling but the immediate battle seems to be over.

Khalid quickly circles the room, looking in every nook with his light and see invisibility to try and locate the janni while the rest of you spread out and extend all of your senses.

Without success.

Either your missing him or he simply lit out at the start of the fight...

DM:

1d20 ⇒ 5
1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 7

Linah draws her kit of wands.

I have only channel remaining. Should I use it now or use more of the wands' power?

Kind of assuming some take 20s on perception while you heal up.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Save yourrr blessings Linahrrr, we should use the magic in the wands in case therrre is anything else we will face.

I am very drrrained, maybe we should trrry to rrrest back in the tomb, away frrrom enemies?

Grall has 5 points of CON damage currently. Could use a nights rest and a lesser restore.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

"I dislike sleeping among the deformed dead," Nuveril replies sullenly, reluctantly staying still while Linah treats her with the healing wand, "but if it is true that the Gnome cannot enter, it is our best option. I'm not certain that resting among mummified monsters is any more unsettling than sleeping in this uncanny garden that should not be. Last night...," she looks around at the sunless cavern, divorced from the natural circadian cycles of the surface world, and corrects herself in a growl, "when last we slept, my dreams were ... troubled." Her hand goes involuntarily to the bronze disk around her neck.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6
DM Dan E wrote:

24 hour rule

Sorry about that, not sure how I managed to miss that.

"Agreed, I am not thrilled with the prospect of spending a night among the dead, but it is our most defensible position."


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Zeladiel raises an eyebrow at the halfling.
"Troubled dreams? You wear a link with Jinn and are possibly related to one of the greater wizards of old. You seek your sister who was searching for an artifact of amazing power, which just happens to be tied to a Temple of Rovagug that gnollish armies have conveniently claimed to rally their armies of destruction. We sleep in a room of elemental bindings and abjurations so advanced and powerful their like may well be unique. And you only think to mention your 'troubled' dreams now, after we have faced powerful undead, hideous tentacled beasts and bizzare extraplanar abberations. Did it occur to you these dreams may be useful in our efforts, and the sooner you share them the better our chances of survival?"

The elf gently shakes his white hair. "Yes, let's sleep below. We should emerge at a time of our choosing- not that of Zayifid. A little waiting may make him more amenable. And Nuveril has much to tell us."


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Give him more time to prepare? Sajan asked hesitantly, dubious about the plan to rest again so soon.


Linah purses her lips while she concentrates on her wand, waving it up and down Nuveril's wounds and knitting the torn skin back to together. She then moves onto Sajan.

My powers are limited and most of you are weakened. We do badly need rest. Yet I'm also worried about whats happening above. Surely this Zayified means to throw the remaining dark priests against us and take this scroll from who ever wins? It seems he summoned these things just on the chance they would slow us down. Can the priests touch us below? I'm not sure.

CLW Nuveril 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

CLW Sajan 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

11 charges used. Linah does have most of her spells left but is down to one channel.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)
Zeladiel Araxyll wrote:

Zeladiel raises an eyebrow at the halfling.

"Troubled dreams? You wear a link with Jinn and are possibly related to one of the greater wizards of old. You seek your sister who was searching for an artifact of amazing power, which just happens to be tied to a Temple of Rovagug that gnollish armies have conveniently claimed to rally their armies of destruction. We sleep in a room of elemental bindings and abjurations so advanced and powerful their like may well be unique. And you only think to mention your 'troubled' dreams now, after we have faced powerful undead, hideous tentacled beasts and bizzare extraplanar abberations. Did it occur to you these dreams may be useful in our efforts, and the sooner you share them the better our chances of survival?"

The elf gently shakes his white hair. "Yes, let's sleep below. We should emerge at a time of our choosing- not that of Zayifid. A little waiting may make him more amenable. And Nuveril has much to tell us."

"I tried to speak to you about it when I awoke!" she retorts hotly. "You took offense that I could not pronounce your name and walked away before I could tell you what I dreamed. I knew what was below... it knew," she clarifies, tracing her fingers over the engravings on the disk. "It was there; it fought the ghosts with fire."


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Zeladiel snaps back at the halfling. "Nuveril, you did not try and speak to me. You demanded I speak to you about your disk. And now it seems you know more about it yourself. You knew what was below but didn't tell us. Are you trying to get us killed?"


Taking Sajan's comments from OOC thread as reluctant acceptance to camp in tomb plan.

Realising the threat presented by your new enemy and that the gnolls are a mechanism away from accessing the way down to the garden, you make your way back down the elemental steps, Zeladiel and Nuveril arguing as you go.

As you descend Linah asks Zeladiel if he knows how long the steps will stay in place, to which the mage can only shrug.

Half-way down Kahlid again feels the jarring sensation that seems to correlate with the vast magical barrier that he and Zeladiel detected earlier. The thing that kept Zayified from retrieving the scoll himself perhaps?

Carefully retracing your steps through the Pit and the room of the Beast, you take comfort in the fact that gnolls at least will have difficulty following you. Anything traipsing through green slime is certainly going to make plenty of noise.

You return to Shirak's tomb, the sarcophagus seemingly how you left it. The chamber will make for a cramped camp and an unpleasant one, judging from the rising stink emnating from the next room.

Feel free to continue discussions. Up to you what actions/precautions you want to take in the next hours. Will assume standard arrangements and proceed unless you tell me otherwise. Maybe post "Ready to proceed" if your fine with fast forwarding to morning.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Ready to proceed :) Grall needs some TLC.


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Ready. Suggest all watch patterns are taken at the edge of the room with the posts and slime though as its very defensible.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Prior to resting, Khalid relays the events of one of Vardishal's dreams, a dream that is coming a bit more into focus given recent events.

The Dream from Vardishal's perspective:
The tent is large and the fittings lavish but they do little to ease the weariness that seems seeped into your bones. The fighting has been near constant and there has been no time for rest.

You and your brothers form a rough half circle. Kardswann to your left, he at least is never so happy as when surrounded by enemies. Zayifid to your right, the trickster casually lounges on a pile of cushions, his red hair messy. Pazhvann sits almost directly across, encased in his heavy armour the burly priest looks even more tired than you feel and you share a nod. The demands on his magical reserves have been immense and as always he endures without complaint.

Of your siblings only your sister Davashuum is absent, on some mission for your mistress. The competition between you has only intensified of late, the deadly monk increasingly resistant to your intrusion into her sphere of influence. Not a problem you have the time or energy to resolve now.

The soft sound of chimes announces your mistresses' entry as well of that of the halfling, Andrathi, resplendent in his silk robes and numerous magical trinkets. You could never quite find yourself able to like or trust the genie binder no matter how many times his magic had proved the difference between victory and defeat. Equally, you are sure the wizard had never forgotten his defeat at your hands. But again something for another day.

In human form your mistress looked radiant as always, undiminished by the fighting, resolute. She at least was deserving of your service, your respect. Always.

"My brave champions, our situation is dire and I have exhausted all possibilities for external assistance. We must win this war with what we have. I need options."

Ever the joker, Zayifid's reply was droll. "Perhaps a strategic retreat? I believe the wizard still has his scroll. Kakishon sounds lovely this time of year."

Throwing him a "not the time" look, you stand. "Mistress, our greatest enemy is time and we are rapidly running out of it. We have met our enemies superior strength with superior tactics and speed, wearing them down and minimising our own casualties, but simply put we can no longer afford to defend. Our foe cares not for his losses and soon the relative size of our forces will not matter. We have no choice, we must attack and in force."

Your mistress looks at you for a long moment. "Very well. I have scryed their flanking force. Vardishal, my general. You will take the 2nd and 3rd contingents south east. You will prevent the enemy forces there from joining up with their main army. The others will stay with me."

Kardswann stands. "Mistress! Vardishal will need me to watch his back! Let me go with him, I beg you!"

"No," you say calmly. "Our Mistress has spoken. I will go. And I will not fail."

She looks at you again. "So noble, so beautiful. I know you will not my General. I know you will not."

"It seems the scroll once belonged to a halfling genie-binder named Andrathi. Zayifid had interest in the scroll even before his fall, it seems that it is the means to travel to someplace known as Kakishon. As to why this particular scroll is the means he required to go to Kakishon, I can not say though I suspect it has something to do with his genie nature."

Thinking back to Zeladiel and Nuveri's arguement, "Do either of you have anything you can add to this? Do you know of this Kakishon? Nuveril wearing a link with Jinn and are possibly related to one of the greater wizards of old and the vision of Andrathi? Surely this is too much to be pure coincidence."

Other than any conversation this may generate, I am ready to proceed.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)
Zeladiel Araxyll wrote:
Zeladiel snaps back at the halfling. "Nuveril, you did not try and speak to me. You demanded I speak to you about your disk. And now it seems you know more about it yourself. You knew what was below but didn't tell us. Are you trying to get us killed?"

"I didn't 'know,'" Nuveril argues. "I had a dream. By the time I recognized the pit, we were already battling the spirits; what good would it have done then to say I'd dreamed about the place? I am not used to seeing my sleeping visions play out in reality; why should I suspect that they would in this case? Ever since that damned witch cursed me when she disappeared from the monastery outside Kelmarane, the evil spirits have flocked to me like buzzards to carrion. Did I not say it would be so?"

Khalid Al Ha'zareen wrote:

Prior to resting, Khalid relays the events of one of Vardishal's dreams, a dream that is coming a bit more into focus given recent events.

"It seems the scroll once belonged to a halfling genie-binder named Andrathi. Zayifid had interest in the scroll even before his fall, it seems that it is the means to travel to someplace known as Kakishon. As to why this particular scroll is the means he required to go to Kakishon, I can not say though I suspect it has something to do with his genie nature."

Thinking back to Zeladiel and Nuveril's arguement, "Do either of you have anything you can add to this? Do you know of this Kakishon? Nuveril wearing a link with Jinn and are possibly related to one of the greater wizards of old and the vision of Andrathi? Surely this is too much to be pure coincidence."

"I never heard either name until today," Nuveril shakes her head, "'Kakishon,' when he read the scroll," she nods toward Zeladiel, "'Andrathi,' as he stalked away to lead us into the pit of ghosts when I sought to speak about my dream."

"In the dream," she begins tentatively, as if even speaking it aloud might attract malign attention, "I saw through the eyes of something flying high in the sky. Chains appeared and bound it, pulling it to the ground. Then I saw through the eyes of one in the pit, the cold spirits hungering for its life, its warmth. There were others that it knew in the darkness, but it fought for its own life, refusing to give in. Fire burst from its hands to burn its enemies...."

She shakes her head. "Except that we were in the pit fighting the ghosts, the dream makes no sense to me. Khalid at least knows through whose eyes he is seeing; I don't know what spirit it is that is commandeering my mind. Who was bound? Who fought in the pit? And what became of them afterward?" She frowns. "My sister was there, and one of her companions fell. The thief who died wanted rubies, and the halfling Tamir wanted the Seed that concerns the rest of you; the writing said my sister wanted to find the tomb. If there is some connection between our blood and this thrice-accursed wizard, perhaps it was the scroll she sought. You say it is some kind of a door? Perhaps she found what she was looking for and walked through it and that is why we found no sign of her exit from these crypts."

text of Nuveril's dream in the underground garden:
First you are flying. Soaring through whispy cloud, the earth just a tiny speck below if it is there at all. You have an overwhelming sense of freedom ... until the sky begins to darken and dark chains manifest from nowhere, trapping you, dragging you down...

Shift.

Your in a pit, only a tiny shaft of light feebly penetrating from a hole miles above. You are surrounded by vague, translucent forms. They want your warmth, hunger for it.

You have companions, they are near. You can't see them but you can hear them, shuffling around, yelling commands, crying for help.

Useless. You can rely only on yourself, your birthright. You will not die here, you will not. You will claim your prize. Screaming you thrust your hands forward and bright fire errupts, burning your enemies to cinders...


The hours tick by slowly, the smell from the decomposing beast getting worse and worse as the hours pass. You have little to do but rest and talk (and maybe squabble).

It feels like an age since you've seen the sun although intellectually your aware its only late on your second day underground...

Need a few more readies to proceed.

DM only:

n,s,g

1d3 ⇒ 3


Some long term care rolls for Linah for ability damage. Note she auto-passes the DC 15 with a healer's kit (which noone appears to have).

Heal Grall 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28 pass
Heal Zeladiel 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 pass
Heal Nuveril 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25 pass
Heal Khalid 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 pass

So 2 points of damage will be healed after eight hours of rest.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Although the decaying smell is masked somehwat by the smell of Grall's mangy fur. Nothing like the smell of extremely sweaty dog...but most of you are used to it by now... :)

Occasionally when it get's too bad, Zeladiel hits him with a liberal use of Prestidigitation...


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

But she could just take 10 anyway I believe.


Sajan Krama Sumna wrote:
But she could just take 10 anyway I believe.

Erm.... yeah. She was distracted by Nuveril and Zeladiel arguing. That was totally it.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

After Nuveril explains her dreams, Zeladiel lapses into quiet contemplation, only occasionally making an aggrieved retort to Nuveril's declarations.

(Ready to continue)


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

So we've shared our proprietary information and still have no more clue what's going on than we did before? Guess we're ready to go forth blindly.


Well you have educated guesses rather than merely guesses!


You have a plain meal, dipping further into your diminishing supply or rations. Down to about a weeks worth. The bland travel meal is filling but unsatisfying and you settle down to sleep. At Sajan's suggestion you set up your watch in the alcove on the near side of the Pit.

Grall is on the midnight watch, the barbarian having little to break the monotony. Sajan's lantern rests at his feet, unlit, the gnoll having no need for light to see in the dark.

Grall:

May I have three perception checks and one stealth check in order please.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Rolls:

perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29
perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
stealth 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


DM:

np 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (13) + 19 = 32
s 1d20 + 22 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 22 + 6 - 2 = 28
s 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 22 + 3 - 2 = 37
s 1d20 + 22 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 22 - 2 = 23 !

sp 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20
s 1d20 + 22 + 6 - 3 ⇒ (12) + 22 + 6 - 3 = 37
s 1d20 + 22 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 22 + 3 - 3 = 30
s 1d20 + 22 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 22 - 3 = 37

si 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Grall:

You do your best to keep alert. The destruction (?) of the ghosts does not make the chamber any less creepy. You have the constant feeling of eyes watching you and you can't help but constantly check the posts for any emerging spirits.

A faint scraping on the rock to your front and left is all the warning you get but it is enough for you to start moving as an emaciated figure skitters around the wall into the alcove where your standing. Its several feet higher than you on the wall, it looks like it was trying to climb around and behind you. You've never seen anything quite like it, a horned human skeleton smothered within a bone-tight hide of slimy leather. Some kind of dull red liquid seeps from its body. It carries no weapon (and indeed nothing at all) but has wicked claws and what looks like a mouth full of sharp teeth. It grins at you and from there things happen very quickly.

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

You've spoiled its surprise round but may end up flat footed. If it goes first it can probably cut you off from the others with a move. Roll initiative.

The MAP. Your in the alcove facing out into the pit. Its climbing around the lip to your immediately left.


Going to retract the thing about Sajan's lantern being with Grall. I originally typed it more as flavor but it may end up being relevant and its unfair to mandate what you do with your stuff. Its with Sajan as normal.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Action:

init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Grall:

The creature pushes itself off the wall with powerful legs landing past you and blocking the passage to the Beast room. It right claw comes in horizontal but even flat footed your able to move back and to the right and it comfortably misses.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14 miss
1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (1, 1) = 9

Used up the good rolls. Your action.

Grall only DC 18:

It looks like it has something in its mouth...


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Grall goes into rage and full attacks the creature yelling out,
We arrre underrr attack!

+1 falchion enraged pwr atk Reckless Abandon 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28 dam 2d4 + 14 ⇒ (1, 3) + 14 = 18
+1 falchion enraged pwr atk Reckless Abandon 2nd 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (9) + 14 - 5 = 18 dam 2d4 + 14 ⇒ (2, 3) + 14 = 19
Bite enraged pwr atk Reckless Abandon 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 dam 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Rage Rounds: 9/18
HP: 74/74
AC: 14
Dan, DC 18 What??????


Perception sorry. And three reflex saves.

Perception checks for everyone else please.

Edit: DC 11 check for everyone else. Thats to wake up now and act next round. First person up will shout everyone else awake. Those who make it feel free to roll initiative and declare your actions. You'll start prone.


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


The full MAP is here. Recall the scale up to the alcove is 10', the pit itself 5' (sorry again but pedestal spacing throws it all off).

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Reflex Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Reflex Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Reflex Save 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 whew the dice are cold today....


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Grall wrote:
whew the dice are cold today....

Geez, you're not kidding. :P Where are we? In the hallway in front of the sand-octopus room? Where is Grall?


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Your in the tomb room about 110' + from Grall's alcove. I've assumed you were careful enough to prop all of the intervening doors open making it easier to here and quicker to get there.

Linah perception 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Everyone awakens immediately to Grall's shouts. Effectively at the bottom of round 1.

The sounds of battle ring from his watch point.

Now we're effectively on round 2 and everyone can act. Don't think anyone can realistically interact with Grall until round 3 at least so feel free to take actions from prone (and roll initiative if you haven't done so). Will stick a map up at that point indicating relative positioning.

Grall:

Your first strike is succesful, a blow to the creature's left arm although part of the damage heals itself immediately. DR

Your falchion ends up coated by what appears to be red acid dripping from the thing but the magic weapon does not seem at least to be affected.

When a bit overboard on the reflex saves. Re-reading the creature's bestiary entry you make a save if you "strike" it which I'm going to rule as means hit. In any event your magic falchion is too tough to be acidised I believe.

Round 2

From behind you now you hear more noise and risk a quick glance over your shoulder. Another creature, mirror to the first, has abandoned its own attempts at stealth and is making its way along the southern wall. It ends a little under 10' from your alcove (behind and to your left with you now facing into the passage), apparently within reach of you in a few more seconds.

You quickly look back to meet the first creature's assault. It lunges forward with both claws, although not with its teeth, slipping inside your reach and inflicting strong blows to your ribs on either side. Your DR as normal.

Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 hit
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Claw 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17 hit
1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Then it steps back 5' leaving you with a difficult choice. Move forward to engage it and risk leaving its partner more space or divide your attention.

Your up. The one on the wall is very exposed but a little too high for you to melee.


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Sajan got to his feet and moved towards Grall.

40 feet move.


Slipping on your knuckles as you go I assume :)


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Indeed.


Linah initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

Seeing Sajan rush past the light of your small pit fire, the priestess scrambles to her feet and throws a light spell on the monk's knuckles.

Your looking at darkness from the Beast room to the passage where Grall is.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Initiative:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Khalid quickly gets to his feet and moves toward Grall's shouts, drawing Tempest as he moves.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Zeladiel reaches over to his bow, wrapping his fingers around the smooth wood, and mutters dreamily.

haste (Arcane bond)


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Slow enough for Zeladiel to haste before I go. Excellent. 60 foot move rather than 40 please DM.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Assuming it takes a move action to grab her shield, Nuveril can only get up and grab it. No movement this round. Except a 5-foot-step, I suppose.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Grall 5' steps forward and attacks, hoping to finish the creature and yells, One of the monsterrrs I am fighting is bye me and heading yourrr way, be rrready.

+1 falchion enraged pwr atk Reckless Abandon 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31 dam 2d4 + 14 ⇒ (2, 2) + 14 = 18
+1 falchion enraged pwr atk Reckless Abandon 2nd 1d20 + 14 - 5 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 5 = 15 dam 2d4 + 14 ⇒ (1, 1) + 14 = 16

Grall decides to forgo the bite since they seem to be oozing something...


Enemies in the Dark

Grall:

You take up the challenge, landing another strong blow this time to its leg. Again much of the damage heals almost instantly but your definately having an impact.

Round 2 Recap

Initiative

1=Grall, 2= Nuveril
1d2 ⇒ 1

Khalid 24
Linah 13
Zeladiel 7a
Sajan 7b
Grall 6a
Nuveril 6b
?

Khalid rises from prone and moves 30' (gets him about half way through the Beast room).
Linah rises from prone and casts light on Sajan's knuckles.
Zeladiel rises from prone and casts haste (will get everyone but Khalid).
Sajan rises from haste and dashs 70' (gets him nearly to the corner not quite with LOS to the battle).
Grall does stuff.
Nuveril rises from prone and grabs her shield.
?

Round 3

Initiative

As above

Effects

- Haste (Zeladiel, Linah, Nuveril, Sajan)

Notes

- Note light situation. Assume you have a small banked fire in the tomb room providing a little light. Sajan has a light spell on him in the corridor past the Beast room, currently showing Khalid where to go.

Khalid may act (working on the map but a 60' double move will take him around the corner.


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

60 feet sadly. Monk speed is an enhancement bonus, one of the not very clever decisions Paizo made with them.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

double move.


MAP after Khalid's move. Many spoilers here and further down so please act only on character information.

Khalid makes it around the corner, dimmer light from the spell on Sajan's knuckles just illuminating the back of some kind of horned human skeleton smothered within a bone-tight hide of slimy leather. Some kind of dull red liquid seeps from its body. It is ten feet ahead of him.

The inquisitor can't see, but can hear, Grall just beyond it (apparently fighting it from its movements). You can try a knowledge roll but considerable penalty in current conditions.

Grall:

You can see Khalid just fine as he rounds the corner although its clear from his squint he can't see you.

The creature in front of you pauses for a moment and you can hear a scraping sound as the second one launches itself of the wall and barrels in behind you just as the first one launches its assault.

The later briefly bobs it head down as it does and spits something onto the ground before biting at you with its teeth. Whatever it did doesn't inferfere with your darkvision at all but you can see Khalid falter and stumble...

Your distracted and the first creature takes advantage, raking you across the shoulder and then following up with the other hand, opening a gash across your cheek. It seems to know just where to hit to cause maximum pain. As you cut sidewise to keep its claws at bay it lunges in, fast as lighting and sinks its teeth into your left arm.

Things are going badly quickly, the second creature slicing you across the back, just under your chain shirt. The ground directly beneath you is starting to look bloody...

Creature 2 acrobatics jump 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27 success vs DC 20

Creature 2 acrobatics avoid fall 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 success vs DC 15

Creature 1 Claw 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 + 2 = 22 (flank) hit
1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + (1, 5) = 16

Creature 1 Claw 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 12 + 2 = 19 (flank) hit
1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (5, 3) = 15

Creature 1 Bite 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 2 = 27 (flank) hit
1d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (3, 5) = 14

Creature 2 Claw 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 2 = 23 (flank) hit
1d6 + 5 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 5 + (5, 5) = 16

A few seconds later and a sphere of darkness covers the corridor in front of Sajan, completely covering Khalid and whatever is beyond. it scythes through Linah's cantrip like it isn't even there although Sajan can still see beyond. This comes in at M,N,23 on the map.

Khalid:

One second you could see the creature. It bobbed its head and the sphere of darkness came into existence instantly.

Your effectively blind although you can recall the square the creature was in.

Rest of you up, starting with Linah. Not sure if Patrik back?

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,347 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Dan E’s Legacy of Fire: House of the Beast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.