Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Dan E’s Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master Dan E

Recruited to reclaim the town of Kelmarane from a tribe of gnolls, six adventurers find themselves caught up in a series of events that may change the face of Katapesh: the Legacy of Fire.


1,701 to 1,750 of 2,347 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>

Suspect they were more referencing the pre-combat discussion which I can only assume was IC (if abstracted) rather than relying on flat footed utterances :) I'm OK either way so up to your respective comfort levels.

I think herolab is right. You can't take an *action* that requires two hands and the context in which that term is used is very specific (something you do instead of breaking the grapple). You attack one handed in your turn and defend with your shield out of it. I believe thats consistent with developer's comments.

The off-balance halfling pounds the tentacle gripping her with her hammer. It is substantially damaged but not yet unuseable.

Zeladiel quickly casts his haste spell. Let me know if this is combined with a move. Nuveril has a save.

Sajan and Grall come off their delay on impulses 7b and 7c respectively.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)
DM Dan E wrote:
Suspect they were more referencing the pre-combat discussion which I can only assume was IC (if abstracted) rather than relying on flat footed utterances :) I'm OK either way so up to your respective comfort levels.

Honestly, I can't imagine her paying much attention to pre-combat discussions of tactical casting, either, unless someone specifically sat her down one-on-one and told her personally to wait for Zeladiel. Even then, after taking 26 points of damage, I'd probably still make a percentage roll for her to completely forget about her instructions in the heat of the moment. :)

Fortitude 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

The familiar and unwelcome sensation of magic invading her being as she struggles against the beast, Nuveril easily shrugs it off.

DM Dan E wrote:

Zeladiel quickly casts his haste spell. Let me know if this is combined with a move.

Zeladiel Araxyll wrote:

Zeladiel backs away from the writhing tentacles.

"One haste coming up."

No precise coordinates, but I'd say yes. :)


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

So, no flank? Can't see a map update but thought as Khalid was able to attack the main body and Sajan has been pulled adjacent to it, they might be flanking?

Edit: Sorry i'm with it now I think, the 'has a flank to cancel' wording threw me off. I'll post once i'm back from playing table tennis.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Grall falls into rage just after the speeding magic washes over him, and starts with the tentacles attacking him...if he kills both of the ones on him he will step 5' closer to the beast and attack more of them.
+1 falchion enraged pwr atk bulls str Reckless Abandon bless haste1d20 + 16 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 16 + 1 + 1 = 29 dam 2d4 + 17 ⇒ (2, 4) + 17 = 23
+1 falchion enraged pwr atk bulls str Reckless Abandon bless haste 2nd1d20 + 16 + 1 + 1 - 5 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 1 + 1 - 5 = 28 dam 2d4 + 17 ⇒ (2, 2) + 17 = 21

Bite enraged pwr atk bulls str Reckless Abandon bless haste 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 26 dam 1d4 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9

Hasted attack:
+1 falchion enraged pwr atk bulls str Reckless Abandon bless haste1d20 + 16 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 16 + 1 + 1 = 26 dam 2d4 + 17 ⇒ (4, 1) + 17 = 22


Gralls more than a step away I'm afraid (ironically given if he had been grappled he would have been pulled in and he could full attack away). Hope the map background hasn't confused you but mechanically its still occupying the stated 2x2 squares and its just reaching out with its tentacles during its impulse. Move up and suck up the possible AOO?


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Can it AOO since it has people grappled?
If it has a hold of people should I be able to attack the tentacles of those people then or are they withdrawing immediately to the main body in the same round...like the ones on Nuveril and Sajan?

Sovereign Court

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

As written, a creature with the grappled condition may not take AoOs. This creature might be the exception to the rule as it was stated that the tentacle behave almost as individual creatures.


Human Bard 1 Paladin 9 | hp 82/82 | Bardic Performance 10/10, Channel 6/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

Round 1, initiative 5
ac 21, touch 11, fleet-footed 20
cmd 16
hp 25/25
effects: light, bless

Linah is taken by surprise by the quickness of the emense creature. It is only but the grace of Sarenrae she is able to get her shield up in time to block the incoming attack. The tentacle yields a few feet when she smashes her shield into it and pushes her way forward. "Hang on!" she calls to her companions then unleashes a wave of healing energy to close the wounds the beast had opened.

5ft step to P26
Standard action to channel positive energy to heal (excluding the sand kraken): 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) = 12


DM Dan E wrote:
Gralls more than a step away I'm afraid (ironically given if he had been grappled he would have been pulled in and he could full attack away). Hope the map background hasn't confused you but mechanically its still occupying the stated 2x2 squares and its just reaching out with its tentacles during its impulse. Move up and suck up the possible AOO?

Sorry wrote this in a rush from work and thinking about how wrong it was all the way home. Whether grappled or grappler you gain the grappled condition and no AOO.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

If Grall can't full attack the tentacles, he would move in and attempt to attack the body as well. Do you want to just use my first roll for my tumble attempt? I am sure that an 11+16=27 is still a fail anyways so the AOO is set off if there is one.
Grall wouldn't know he has no AOO but would try to move into the flank next to Sajan if the creature seems pre-occupied after the first couple of hexes with no attack.
Just use my second attack then unless you would rather I roll a new roll for one or both of the tumble or attack?


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

5' step back to P28.


Grall wrote:

If Grall can't full attack the tentacles, he would move in and attempt to attack the body as well. Do you want to just use my first roll for my tumble attempt? I am sure that an 11+16=27 is still a fail anyways so the AOO is set off if there is one.

Grall wouldn't know he has no AOO but would try to move into the flank next to Sajan if the creature seems pre-occupied after the first couple of hexes with no attack.
Just use my second attack then unless you would rather I roll a new roll for one or both of the tumble or attack?

A move and attack is fine. You'll hit its grappled AC either way so no need to second guess.

Will resolve you after Sajan's impulse. Here is a map up to his impulse. MAP.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Grall would end up in R20 or R21 if the creature doesn't stop him from getting there.
Current effects:
AC: 15
HP: 92/92 (104 Con Damage)
Rage: 13/18r
Blur
Bulls Str
Bless
Haste 1/5r
CMD: 27 or 33 if I apply my rage power as an immediate action.


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Sorry, turned in pretty much as soon as I got home.

Sajan systematically destroyed as many tentacles as he could reach, starting with the one holding him- smashing them with the Sentinel's Fist. His fist crackled with power on the initial blow.

Note this means +2 on all attack rolls AFTER his own has been destroyed.

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18
1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 8 + (4, 6) = 25

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Hmm... Not impressed with that, dice roller. Looks like we need another "chat"...


After casting his spell, Zeladiel steps back out of reach of the beast's tentacles.

Sajan launches a ki-enhanced assault but wedged in close against the beast's body the big monk has difficulty finding enough space and leverage to land blows with his customary power. His first electricity charged strike is diverted, pushed sidewise. Changing tack, he moves to kicks, driving into the tentacle holding him and then stomping it into the ground, leaving it useless and himself free. The beast intensifies its defense though, a wall of tentacles forces the monk back and prevents him from landing any more hits. Hits with the 2nd and 3rd attacks, 9 tentacles left, 1 tentacle wounded.

Taking advantage of the momentary breathing room, Grall moves evasively to skirt the struggling Sajan and Nuveril (R,21), hacking into the beast's body with a powerful downcut. With all of the enraged barbarian's strength behind it, the enchanted blade cuts deeply, a gout of greenish yellow blood painting the gnoll's face and torso.

Stepping forward rather than back, Linah's pulse of positive energy closes wounds and bolsters straining muscles.


The Waiting Beast

Round 2

Ordered Initiative

Khalid 26a
The Waiting Beast 26b
Nuveril 18
Zeladiel 7a
Sajan 7b
Grall 7c
Linah 5

Effects

Bulls Strength (Sajan, Nuveril, Grall)
Blur (Grall)
Shield of Faith, Divine Favor, Weapon of Awe (Khalid)
Mage Armour (Zeladiel, Sajan)
Bless (all)
Gravity Bow (Zeladiel)
Grappled (Nuveril, Beast)

Notes
- Light is being provided by Sajan's lantern and light spells around Khalid and Linah (20' light as normal).

Khalid is up. Map is above bar Grall and Linah's move.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Zeladiel moves back another 5' (P29) and fires three glowing arrows into the beast's body.

empowered magic missile 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 1, 3) + 3 = 10 x 1.5 + 3 = 18

Sovereign Court

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Bolstered by Zeldiel's spell and Linah's healing energies, Khalid continues to slash at the body of the beast...

Attack:1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 30 (outflank, divine favor, bless)
Damage:1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 + 2 + (3) + (4) = 21 (divine favor, weapon of awe, precise strike, frost)

Haste Attack:1d20 + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 4 + 2 + 1 = 27 (outflank, divine favor, bless)
Damage:1d6 + 5 + 2 + 2 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 2 + (6) + (3) = 22 (divine favor, weapon of awe, precise strike, frost)


Tempest a blur, Khalid's continues to land cut after cut, making mincemeat of the creature's left side, the beast groaning in agony. Two hits for the 43 damage.

Dropping Nuveril for the moment, again it lashes out with its tentacles, trying to grab and constrict as many of you as possible.

The brave inquisitor dodges one but not the second. He takes a slap but is ready for the predictable follow up grab, blocking the tentacle with Tempest's sharp blade.

Tentacle 1 vs Khalid 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 hit
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Grab 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (3) + 21 = 24 fail

Tentacle 2 vs Khalid 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (5) + 16 = 21 miss
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

Nuveril's freedom is brief. With the small space available the halfling is unable to effectively use her normal agile defense. She is pounded and cut by both attacking tentacles and rudely grabbed again, this time around the right leg.

Tentacle 3 vs Nuveril 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 hit
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Grab 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (10) + 21 = 31 success, Nuveril grappled
Constrict 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Tentacle 4 vs Nuveril 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 hit
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Sajan takes a bruising hit but with his feet set is simply too powerful to be grabbed, the monk lowering his centre of gravity and heaving the grabbing tentacle aside. He answers another strike with a speedy straight punch.

Tentacle 5 vs Sajan 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 hit
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Grab 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27 fail

Tentacle 6 vs Sajan 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 miss
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Now in close, Grall finds himself similarly beset and the tentacles seem to be adjusting to his blur. He takes a host of stinging cuts and his left arm is caught in place. DR to all obviously.

Tentacle 7 vs Grall 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 hit
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
1d100 ⇒ 84

Grab 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (8) + 21 = 29 success, Grall grappled
Constrict 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Tentacle 8 vs Grall 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (15) + 16 = 31 hit
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
1d100 ⇒ 31

Again the beast saves a tentacle for Linah and this time it is able to find an angle that avoids the cover provided by the rest of the group. She is slapped heavily in the torso, the tentacle finding a grip around her mid-section and pulling her in (P,22).

Tentacle 9 vs Linah 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (19) + 16 = 35
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Grab 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (6) + 21 = 27 success, Linah grappled
Constrict 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Almost in a frenzy, the beast lines up a killing bite on Khalid but again the canny inquisitor reads the attack, sidestepping and keeping his feet.

Bite vs Khalid 1d20 + 11 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 2 = 14 miss
2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2) + 3 = 11

Nuveril is up.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

As the tentacle tries to grip Grall, he calls upon his inner reserve to try and tear free of the tentacle...
Immediate action to raise CMD to 33 for this round.


Absolutely fine of course but note there would be a seperate grapple check for the 2nd hit.


Human Bard 1 Paladin 9 | hp 82/82 | Bardic Performance 10/10, Channel 6/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

Round 2, initiative 5
ac 21, touch 11, fleet-footed 20
cmd 16
hp 14/25
effects: light, bless

The sand kraken is way beyond Linah's power and she soon finds herself insnared. The force of the beast's grip almost pushes all the air from her lungs and threatens to break her ribcage. Linah releases another burst of healing energy as she tries desperatly to remain conscious.

Standard action to channel positive energy to heal (exclude the sand kraken): 3d6 ⇒ (6, 2, 4) = 12


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Nuveril only has time to register that the tentacle now trying to crush her leg is an uninjured one and not the one her hammer just struck before she swings again, trying to break its hold before the bone is broken.

Rage round 6/16; Hammer 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 damage 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Round 2, Init 18
Power Attack, bless, bull's strength, grappled
AC 18, Touch AC 15, CMD 19
Fort 12, Ref 7, Will 6 (7 vs. spells & supernatural & SLAs)


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager
DM Dan E wrote:
Absolutely fine of course but note there would be a seperate grapple check for the 2nd hit.

Yep, assumed as much.


2nd Grab 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (1) + 21 = 22 fail!

With a surge of strength and a mighty heave, Grall throws off the first tentacle, the second unable to get a firm grip on him. No constrict damage, no grappled.

Grappling tentacle
wounded=1
1d9 ⇒ 1 !

Nuveril's strike just manages to connect firmly with the encircling tentacle, by chance the same as she wounded a few seconds before. Either she manages to find the brain or another critical nervous point as the tentacle flaps brokenly to the ground, destroyed.

8 tentacles

Safely out of the beast's reach, Zeladiel's magic arrows pound it in the fleshy section just below the teeth filled maw. It has now taken a substantial amount of punishment, its foul blood staining the thin layer of sand covering the floor.

Sajan and Grall. Then Linah's channel and Khalid.


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

No longer held by the tentacles, Sajan pummeled the body brutally with an almost endless series of blows, his fist once again crackling with power.

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (15) + 18 = 33
1d8 + 8 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + (2, 2) = 16

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Should I even bother rolling? I think that is 69 more points...


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Only assuming 27 hits.

Sovereign Court

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

A 25 hit for me in Round 1.


Sajan swings away like its his last fight on earth. His initial punch connects, jolting the kraken and making a hole in its tougher outer skin while each follow up punch tears deeper and deeper into the beast's fleshy body. The last of what seems like a hundred drives in up to the monk's shoulder but by then the beast is clearly mortally injured. It shudders, tentacles spasming (and releasing a bleeding Linah back to her feet) before toppling over onto its mouth.

Not taking any chances, you hack the thing into pieces from there.

The whole battle has only taken mere seconds but struggling against the tentacles makes you feel like you've run a race. The creatures blood and viscera coat the entire centre of the chamber.

While Linah provides some much needed healing, the rest of you quickly search the room, conscious of your expiring protections and aware it is still very early in the day. With the room essentially bare, this pretty much involves shifting mounds of cubed, dead kraken away from the stone pedastal to see what it contains.

This doesn't take long but the answer, disappointly, is nothing. A bowl shaped hollow is carved into the otherwise flat top of the pedestal but if the Rough Seed once rested within it is no longer....

With only a single way forward available you try the doors at the back of the room, bronze twins to the ones you entered through.

They open with a bit of muscle and beyond is a small crypt. Three vaulted alcoves that form a clover-shaped room centered upon a dais.

Atop the dais rests a single massive block of deep black stone, a sacrcophagus.

Carvings in each alcove and on the sarcophagus itself depict the terrifying image of a nine-legged spider with a gaping maw.

Again though, there are signs that you are not the only ones who've ventured this far. The sarcophagus has been opened, the lid seemingly pried open and slid sidewise, opening the way to the contents although you cannot see inside from your position near the door.

Near the base of the sarcophagus rests what appears to be an empty waterskin, lying very lonely in the dust.

Rough, narrow passages work their way north and south.

MAP

Sovereign Court

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Standing at the doors Khalid looks inside the sarcophagus chamber while studying for any magical auras

Cast Detect Magic

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

4 rounds of fatigue; ought to be used up by searching and movement ... and healing. Nuveril hasn't really gotten beat up since the salamanders -- everything usually focuses on Sajan and Grall -- but this thing had plenty of attacks to go around.

Nuveril is a bloody mess; although some of the worst of the wounds must have healed beneath the red stain, her appearance attests that she likely could not have withstood many more seconds at the end of the beast's tentacle.

The disturbed state of the crypt seems to give her pause; her eyes fix on the dropped waterskin. How long ago? "They were smart enough not to wake the beast," she points out to Linah under her breath, "but they came without their thief...." She waits nervously for Khalid or Zeladiel to give the okay to advance to the sarcophagus.


Khalid:

You sense several auras coming from the sarcophagus.

You concentrate further trying to pick them out ...

... too much, too much.....

.....

The rest of you see Khalid frown in concentration and then clutch his head. A moment later and the inquisitor collapses to the floor apparently unconscious..


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

"I suspect we're dealing with godly magic," mutters Zeladiel, not moving.
"Only magic that strong could have an such an effect on Khalid's detect magic."


As Zeladiel surmises, Linah quickly ascertains that Khalid has merely been overwhelmed rather than injured. He is awakened a minute or so later, unharmed, albeit with a monstrous migraine.

Khalid:

Yes. Something in the sarcophagus is radiating artifact level magic. From deep within you, Vardishal's spirit stirs from its usual quiescence. You can feel both trepidation and excitement although the former is stronger by far.


Nuveril wrote:

4 rounds of fatigue; ought to be used up by searching and movement ... and healing. Nuveril hasn't really gotten beat up since the salamanders -- everything usually focuses on Sajan and Grall -- but this thing had plenty of attacks to go around.

Certainly. I just abstracted the healing as Patrik seems particularly busy of late.

As for targeting, some things have gone for Nuveril specifically (or would with the proper positioning). They just weren't very succesful about it :) I do seem to like having Khalid continually flirt with unconsciousness as well. But I tell you what I'll be sure to throw some more love Nuveril's way :)


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Just re-arrange the names so Grall is in Khalid's spot...so far the guy with the worst AC in the party has been really lucky... :]

Sovereign Court

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Khalid slowly gets to his feet, clutching his head in pain.

"There seems to be something of an artifact nature inside the sarcophagus, or at least that is what it seemed like before the shear power of the item overloaded my senses. I am equal part concerned and curious as Varishal seems to be very excited by what we have discovered...whatever that may be."


Human Bard 1 Paladin 9 | hp 82/82 | Bardic Performance 10/10, Channel 6/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

Abit pressed for time as i'm about to head off to try the playtest of DnD Next. So not alot of meat in this post (that that i usually deliver that anyways:)

Linah is able to keep to her feet with one last channel, although the effects from the Erdimmu's attacks are still clearly visible. One by one she heals Nuveril and Sajan channeling spells from her wand.

"You do not know what they did to come this far, Nuveril. Speaking the truths of Rovagug are not something to be taken lightly", Linah anwsers, refusing to sway from her position.

Channel positive energy: 3d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 5) = 10

Use wand of Cure light wounds on Nuveril: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Use wand of Cure light wounds on Nuveril: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Use wand of Cure light wounds on Nuveril: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Use wand of Cure light wounds on Nuveril: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Use wand of Cure light wounds on Nuveril: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Should put Nuveril at 62/64

Use wand of Cure light wounds on Nuveril: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Use wand of Cure light wounds on Nuveril: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Should put Sajan on 62/64 as well

Zeladiel and Khalid should be on full HP from the channel. Don't know if Grall took any damage, but if you need healing let me know.

"Khalid!" Linah cries out as the inquisitor collapses. She drops her scimitar and shield and rushes forward looking for a heartbeat. Her relief is plain to see as Khalid continues to draw breath.

"What did you see? What did he tell you?"


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

I think you meant to cast the second batch on Sajan rather than Nuveril.


Yes.


Human Bard 1 Paladin 9 | hp 82/82 | Bardic Performance 10/10, Channel 6/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14
Sajan Krama Sumna wrote:
I think you meant to cast the second batch on Sajan rather than Nuveril.

yep, copy+paste error generated by posting in haste


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

When Khalid collapses, Nuveril makes a sudden motion as if to charge the sarcophagus but manages to restrain herself, waiting for the reactions of Linah and Zeladiel. When he revives and reports his suspicions, she frowns. "It's still in there, then, whatever it is? They came in here and opened the box but didn't take it?"

Sovereign Court

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Still clutching his forehead, Khalid responds, "That would seem to be the case, Nuveril."


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

"Then what happened to them?" she wonders, looking back at the sarcophagus and discarded water skin. "If that thing can strike you down from so far away, how do we safely approach it?"

Sovereign Court

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

The inquisitor shakes his, "No, no, no. The object in the sarcophagus did not cause me to fall. It was the strength of the magical aura. I was using a divination spell to determine if there were any magical aura, and I happened upon an overwhelming one."

"That is not to say that whatever lies within the sarcophagus is not dangerous, just that it was not the direct cause of my ailment. Vardishal seems to be quite interested in whatever is there, I shall take a closer look, this time without the spell." he says as he begins to move toward the sarcophagus.

Moving slow enough for someone to stop him, should they have a better idea.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Not understanding a word of Khalid's attempt to explain what actually just happened, Nuveril nonetheless will approach the sarcophagus at his heels, her weapons at the ready.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

"Nuveril, the thing in there turned Khalid's magic against him," Zeladiel explains. "Khalid- wait. Let's see what else it can do."

wand of summon expendable ally :-)

A small cloud appears, carved into some bird-like shape by swift winds that flow over and through it.

Auran:
"Fetch me that waterskin, then return to the sarcophagus and tell me what lies inside."

(Sorry AK- don't want this one touching the ground. :-)


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Relieved that someone is at last speaking Kelish -- and articulating the treacherous and unreliable nature of magic -- Nuveril nods and holds her position, weapons still at the ready, awaiting the results of Zeladiel's spirit's report.


The elemental moves to its task, lifting the waterskin up with its whispy beak and flowing over to the open section of the sarcophagus. It zooms back to the elf groaning and drops the item at the mages feet.

Auran:

Body. Body's things.

Not very talky with int 4 sorry.

The waterskin is unreliable and very empty.

1,701 to 1,750 of 2,347 << first < prev | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Dan E’s Legacy of Fire: House of the Beast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.