Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Dan E’s Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master Dan E

Recruited to reclaim the town of Kelmarane from a tribe of gnolls, six adventurers find themselves caught up in a series of events that may change the face of Katapesh: the Legacy of Fire.


501 to 550 of 2,347 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Zeladiel down 6 too. You guys are doing a lousy job of protecting the ranged wizard :-D


Linah taps Zeladiel with the wand as well.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Conscious of time passing and eager to complete your business well before Linah's protective spell expires you gather yourselves and continue.

The passage bends slightly and takes you deeper into the depths of the mountain. All the while the oozing sounds increase.

It is getting harder and harder to see properly. The spell maintains your body temperature but does nothing to prevent steam from shedding of your clothes, your weapons, your gear. And it does nothing to cut through the thick soup the air has become.

The smell is getting worse as well.

The passage opens out into a medium sized, naturally-shaped, chamber, dominated by a roughly 10' x 15' pit of bubbling, boiling mud, apparently the source of the noise. Jets of mud periodically shoot out across the room, driven by geo-thermal activity from below. The mud covers the rest of the walls, floor and ceiling. Its impossible to see just how deep the pit goes.

Across the room, there is another exit to the east although this seems to comprise a near vertical shaft dropping down to the next section. At the top of the shaft (on your side) you can see a mud-splattered, metal ring spiked into the stone floor. Perhaps something to fix a rope or chain to in order to navigate the shaft but there is no such thing there now.

An angry red light radiates up the shaft.

MAP. You should be able to see the outline of the pit in the south-east of the room. Without magic protection you'd suspect you would be at risk of being hit by a mud jet as you passed but the resist fire spell should equally protect you from hot mud unless you decided to say immerse yourself for some reason.

Order might be relevant as you climb down. Theres enough bumbs and breaks for Sajan just to slow fall and Zeladiel of course can spider climb.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Should I securrre my rrrope to the spike? That would allow us to descend easily but do we want to check out the next rrroom firrrst with stealth?


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Bow slung over back and rod in hand, Zeladiel casts detect magic and peers into the mud, wondering who or what might have come before.


"I worry what would to you should you decend there alone. I think our encounter with the snakes has alerted whomever resides down there", Linah whispers taking care to keep her voice down eventhough she suspects that the group's precence has already been noted. "What will you do if you are noticed?" she asks, reluctant to send down anyone alone without a well thought out plan.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

"We haven't time for caution," Nuveril growls angrily. "The accursed snakes have already delayed us too long." She is clearly uneasy, seeing the effects of the rising temperature without feeling any of its discomfort; it is unnatural. The stories told among her people of those who have trusted in magical protection always end with their defenses failing at the most inopportune times.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6
Grall wrote:
Should I securrre my rrrope to the spike? That would allow us to descend easily but do we want to check out the next rrroom firrrst with stealth?

"Normally I would say, yes, we need to check out the room first. In this case I think speed may be more in order. Grall, secure the rope and head on down. I will go after you. Sajan, if you do not mind, act as a rear guard as we head down the shaft. I suspect the rope is not necessary for you, and you would likely be able to come down quicker than most of us."


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Dan, what is the DC for a straight climb down with no rope?

Grall waits for a moment to see if anyone else has anything to say before tying the rope to the spike. He then starts to unfurl it as he heads to the shaft. He looks down to judge the distance and to make sure he has enough rope for the others to make it to the bottom and gauges if he can safely climb down to allow the others to come down just behind him on the rope as he climbs down.


DC 20 without a rope or DC 5 with. Its about 40' down more or less.

You move into the room, taking care not to slip on the mud splattered floor. Grall readies his rope and starts tying it to the spike.

Meanwhile Zeladiel examines the pool with his spell. A grunt of surprise from the elf alerts the rest of you to a discovery. The wizard detects a magical aura coming from the pool. Further concentration indicates a faint transmutation aura roughly in the middle of the pool and several feet down.

Zeladiel Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Knowledge Arcana 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 28

Not sure if that changes or delays Grall's action.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Grall would hold off throwing the rope down the shaft and going down until we have resolved this mystery or he is told to continue moving.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)
DM Dan E wrote:
The wizard detects a magical aura coming from the pool. Further concentration indicates a faint transmutation aura roughly in the middle of the pool and several feet down.

To clarify, the wizard thinks there's a magic item of some kind inside the pit of bubbling, boiling mud? But the spells we're using won't protect us from reaching into it, correct?

"No time," Nuveril growls again, impatiently.


"What does it mean?", Linah asks Zeladiel. She is able to see the magic aura for herself, but not able to understand what it is for or what it does.


Nuveril wrote:
DM Dan E wrote:
The wizard detects a magical aura coming from the pool. Further concentration indicates a faint transmutation aura roughly in the middle of the pool and several feet down.

To clarify, the wizard thinks there's a magic item of some kind inside the pit of bubbling, boiling mud? But the spells we're using won't protect us from reaching into it, correct?

"No time," Nuveril growls again, impatiently.

Well magical aura. Given the dimensions I've described its too far to just reach in with a hand (7-8 ish feet, detect magic isn't uber precise). Protection from fire prevents the first 10 points of damage from any source. You'll need to make your own call how far that goes.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Mage Hand


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

He should also know the strength by this time....

If it seems imporrrtant, I will get the item?


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

"Please, it could be useful." Zeladiel points out the area.


Zeladiel casts his cantrip, concentrating on the area where he detected the aura. However the spell produces no visible effect and he can discern nothing under the surface of the boiling mud.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

"This is a ploy to delay us," Nuveril insists. "Your spirits seek to betray us. Let us go!"


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Grall takes his boots off and puts his feet in to "test" the waters...if the pain isn't incredible he jumps in swimming to the bottom to grab the item and get back up as quickly as possible.

Take a 10 on swim and perception if needed. That's a 15 on swim and a 20 on perception.


Grall ascertains quickly that immersion is going to overwhelm the protection from fire.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

"Sorry. I'll get someone else to do it."

Zeladiel rummages round, pulls out the wand he found yesterday and waves it slowly and carefully. He pronounces an arcane word, gestures beside the pool and a small, ape-like creature of stone and fire appears; a magma elemental.

Ignan:
"There is an item at the bottom of that pool. Retrieve it for me."

Zeladiel gestures at the pool and looks at the creature expectantly.


Zeladiel:

Can't say I was expecting that :)

Red light spills from the elemental's eyes and mouth as it moves obediantly to follow Zeladiel's command. At int 4 I'd say its about just intelligent enough to understand "get unseen object".

The fiery outsider shows not the slightest response to the boiling mud, the viscous liquid seemingly (and eeringly) flowing aside to enable its passage.

The rocky creature is in about up to its neck, and apparently reaching down with its stubby arms, when it shudders as if under sudden attack. It opens its mouth very wide and the red light spreads, the summoning spell unravelling almost instantaneously before your eyes as the elemental "dies".

DM only!:

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

DC 27 Perception only!!:

You hear something from the pool, like the thread, the whisper of a conversation, in a language you do not know.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21


Gah, you have no idea how much i want to look at that spoiler!

Linah recoils and raises her arms to shield herself when the elemental expires in the red light. "What was that?", she exclaims then retunrs to a whisper as she restrains herself. "It does not matter. Our time is short and we are not going into that mud. The shaft is our way forward."


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

It seems unlikely it won't be here for another time. Lets go. Sajan says, nodding agreement at Khalid's request for him to be the rearguard.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

DM Dan:
I like to keep you on your toes. :-)

Zeladiel frowns. "Can't say I was expecting that."
He turns to follow the others mumbling to himself. "Pity. The magical object is obviously immune to heat, though if it could bestow that ability on others surely I would have sensed abjuration magics. And something considers it valuable. Well, no... something considers that area valuable- possibly a home for some creature. Could have been a trap? Unlikely. If it were intelligent surely it would use the item, for trade if nothing else. Maybe a parent of those fire snakes? Definitely warrants further investigation later. Is this message spell on. Sorry."
Zeladiel gazes down the hole. "Should the first person down be invisible? We can still communicate with the message."


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

I am glad to have not been eaten by whateverrr is in therrre.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

"Stop delaying, elf!" Nuveril snaps. There is a sheen of perspiration rapidly evaporating from her skin that the protective spell makes clear is the effect of nerves rather than temperature. "You talk and dither and debate like we are safe back in Kelmarane."

Tick, tick, people. We have not only to finish off whatever we're climbing down toward but also to climb back up and make it at least past the fire snake cave before we're safe from heat damage. If Zeladiel wants to take 6 seconds to cast invisibility on someone, fine, but let's do it instead of talking about the prudence thereof. :)


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Grall hesitates for a moment then acts, Nuverrril is rrright, we need to get moving towarrrds our goal.

Grall grabs hold of the rope the begins to descend. Take a 10.
Zeladiel, you may want to go invisible yourrrself and use yourrr magical boots to follow me down...


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Nuveril will go after Grall unless Khalid wants to go down ahead of her (which might be a good idea, if there's to be any talking). Taking 10 on Climb = 19. If we get attacked or something part-way down, feel free to roll the check for her. How are we doing on elapsed time, approximately?


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

"I'll stay visible for now."
Zeladiel activates his Sandals of Spider Climbing and follows Nuveril down. At the other end he emerges upside down onto the roof.


Linah recites a Saraean prayer over and over to keep her calm and ready as she waits for her turn to decend.

Will take 10 for a total of 10 + 1 = 11 when decending the rope. If i can't take then then use this roll 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

damn, i could have used that roll for a save or attack...


OK from the earlier plan and amends I make the order Grall, Nuveril, Khalid, Linah, Zeladiel, Sajan. I'm about half way through a fairly detailed set up which I should have up tomorrow. Sorry again for recent delays on my end, I've had a lot less free time the last few weeks.

Alex:

My posting rate in your games is way down of late. Very sorry. I'm re-arranging some things and hopefully will be more normal shortly.


Pulling yourself away from the allure of the mud pool, at least for the moment, Grall quickly finishes tying off the rope, tucks his falchion away and starts climbing. Clouds of swirling steam whirl around the gnoll as he uses his strength and long arms to descend rapidly forty feet or so to the floor.

Here, a broad pool of sputtering lava laps against the walls of a vast cavern, the rocky walls going up a full sixty feet to a ceiling struck through with fissures. Through the distorting waves of heat and smoke, several rocky islands of various sizes are visible, bobbing slightly on the steaming, molten surface.

At the southern edge of the pool, just out of the lava, rises an intimidating metal construct: a statute formed in the coiled shape of a winding snake topped with a strong humanoid torso holding a spear. Clearly this is the temple the mephit spoke of but no creatures are visible.

Pieces of the craggy roof frequently drop into the lava pool, splashing the liquefied rock.

Grall draws his sword and examines his surroundings carefully as Nuveril makes her own descent without incident.

DM only:

? 1d20 + 12 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 3 = 28
Grall perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

The halfling has just reached the bottom and Khalid just starting his climb when things happen very quickly.

Something thin and pointy flies at Grall very quickly, digging into his upper arm. The barb is very hot but the gnoll's blessing protects him from that if not from the impact of the missile.

Javelin 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27 hit
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

He and Nuveril spot his assailant quickly or at least its head and upper torso. A salamander, bigger than the flamebrothers you saw before, has popped up out of the lava between two of the floating islands.

Above, in an attack so co-ordinated it must have been magically inspired, a flamebrother salamander surges up out of the mud roaring, a wicked two pronged spear in one hand and a globule of mud in the other. Two of the fire snakes emerge as well, hissing like boiling water.

The Snake Temple

Round 1

Initiative

Grall 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Khalid 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Linah 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Nuveril1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Sajan 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Zeladiel 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Snakes 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Flamebrother 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Javelin Salamander 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Ordered Initiative

Snakes 25
Sajan 23
Flamebrother 22
Nuveril 21
Linah 18
Zeladiel 16
Khalid 12
Javelin Salamander 9
Grall 4

Effects

- Mage Armour (Zeladiel, Sajan)
- Protection from Fire (all)

Notes

- Each square in the upper cavern is difficult terrain from the mud coating the floor.
- The rope down is in Linah's square. Khalid is ten feet down the rope (blue circle indicates climbing).
- Distance from lava cavern to upper cavern is 40'.
- Snakes and flamebrother are small. Javelin salamander is medium.
- Note lava is bad.
- Crossing the land sections in the lava pool will require jumping (you may want to doublecheck the rules here, distances should be clear from the map).

Moving very quickly, one of the snakes loops around the pool coming in hard at Zeladiel while the other lashes out at Sajan from the mud. Fortunately, neither are hit despite being flat footed against the sudden attacks.

Bite vs Zeladiel 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 miss
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Bite vs Sajan 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 miss
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Map is HERE . Sajan is up.

Javelin salamander's throw was part of a surprise round. You knew something was in the pool if not what so no surprise there. Ironically the transmutation aura was the message spell on the flamebrother.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

The dark red blobs are the floating islands? And the tan at either end of the lava pool is normal rock? Are those stairs leading up in the upper right of the picture?


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Sajan attacks both of the snakes with his brass knuckles, evading the snakes strikes with ease as he fights on the defensive.

AC26, CMD 31 due to fighting defensively. I guess these aren't minions of Lamashtu right? :P.


Nuveril wrote:
The dark red blobs are the floating islands? And the tan at either end of the lava pool is normal rock? Are those stairs leading up in the upper right of the picture?

Yes and yes. Map should have been a little bigger sorry. Stairs go up to the north although aside from a small landing at the top the upper part looks covered by fallen rock and is impassable. To the south the cavern goes another ten feet or so past the statue. I'll make this clearer with the next map update.


Sajan manages several solid hits on the snake attacking Zeladiel. It shakes its head groggily, badly wounded but still moving. Its partner darts back from the monk's follow through attacks.

The flamebrother salamander roars again and surges forward (effectively a step to H,5), its powerful tail propelling it up as it "treads" mud. Its right hand comes forward flinging the boiling globule of mud. Not at Sajan but past him ....

Mud Globule 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 4 = 27 (cover)
2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

The globule hits its target precisely, the rope holding Khalid up, and burning through it in seconds. The inquisitor barely has time to look up before gravity asserts itself.

Taking up its spear in both hands the salamander stabs out at Sajan, a probing attack flashing past the monk's guard to lick at his belly. A disembowelling strike but hundreds of hours of training assert themselves and the monk pulls back just enough to keep the spear from penetrating more deeply. Clearly expecting a kill, the salamander's follow up attack with its tail is half-hearted and Sajan dodges it easily. The salamander hisses in frustration and seeming bloodlust.

Spear vs Sajan 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 hit possible crit
1d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Confirm? 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 no crit !
2d6 + 14 ⇒ (4, 1) + 14 = 19

Tail vs Sajan 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 miss
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Timely initiative for Sajan. Going to allow Khalid a DC 15 reflex save to cling on to the wall rather than falling. That will leave him climbing on the wall (DC 20 climb check as above). Or he can take the fall which does 3d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 1) = 8 damage for the thirty feet drop putting him prone in the square behind Nuveril.

I would treat mud globules as an improvised weapon but feats n stuff.

Nuveril, Linah, Zeladiel and Khalid.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Round 1/16

Zeladiel tries to shuffle back away from the snake (5'), either to where Linah is or up the wall.
With a sweeping gesture, Zeladiel casts haste on every party member except himself.
(If hit Zeladiel makes concentration check 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14)


You can run up the wall and on to the roof above Linah but that will provoke from F4 if it is still mobile.

You'll also get yourself, Linah, Sajan and Khalid (assuming he hasn't fallen).

Edit: Actually scratch that. Its a standard to activate the boots is it not? I assume you wouldn't have done that until it was your turn to go down?

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Reflex Save:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Khalid's instincts are just quick enough to grab onto the wall as the rope burns away, hearing howls of pain from above and below, the inquisitor begins to scale the wall of the shaft...

30 ft to the bottom. How far back to the top?

Climb:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)
Khalid Al Ha'zareen wrote:

30 ft to the bottom. How far back to the top?

Climb:1d20 + 5

DM Dan E wrote:
Distance from lava cavern to upper cavern is 40'.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6
Nuveril wrote:


DM Dan E wrote:
Distance from lava cavern to upper cavern is 40'.

Thanks

Deciding that he can be more help above, Khalid re-ascends the shaft, drawing Tempest when he arrives.

After the Haste, should have plenty of movement to get to an unoccupied square, will try to tumble to G4

Acrobatics:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

What's the brown circle at the top of the map? Some kind of pit or mudhole, or a stalagmite or something that can be used for cover?

Nuveril hears the hiss of the rope falling behind her and spares a moment to glance up and see Khalid clinging to the wall. "There is no way out down here, Khalid!" she shouts up at him angrily. "I would rather die outside in the valley surrounded by fallen gnolls than burn to death in this pit!" The shimmer of the heat rising through the air above the lava pool is unnerving, even without being able to feel it. Nervously drawing her hammer and madu, she makes a dart for a more spacious battlefield than the toehold at the bottom of the shaft. Jump to B 10 Acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31 then to -C 10 Acrobatics 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Don't know if you have to have 10 feet *period* to make a running jump or 10 feet *from the square you start in*. Both DCs are 10 or 20, depending, I think, since the square is the second diagonal. Reflex save for failing by 4 or less doesn't seem like it should help since she'd be grabbing hold of the other side from the lava. If she makes the jump and that brown circle is something that can provide cover, she'll continue to -F 12.


A stalagmite which will provide cover.

OK I have the benefit of some commentary from the module writer on the jumping although 3.5 rules a little different (required a 20' start). He has the jumps as 5' or 10' (It might not look it but I've tried hard to maintain the scale). In terms of catching yourself:

Quote:

If the PC fails the check by less than five, allow them a DC 15 Reflex save to grasp the far side. They splash their lower extremities in the lava (2d6 damage) and require a DC 15 Climb check to pull themselves onto solid ground. Failing the check by 5 or more immerses the PC in lava (10d6 damage).

I'm inclined to take a fairly common sense approach on the jumping distances. Strictly applying squares works fine for combat but starts to break down when your talking about lateral movement. For example if we treat you as counting from the edge of your square then from B-10 you don't have 10' of space even though if you look at the scale of the floating island you have plenty. Most of the likely jumps (Sajan might try some unusual ones) seem to have enough space for a running start assuming no interference. Overall that makes things a fair bit easier (much harder to get the 20' running start 3.5 requires) but I am Ok with that given the prospect of cremation.

With incredible agility for her small size Nuveril leaps over the lava to the closer island. It bobs slightly under her weight as she makes a second jump over to solid ground, making it over to the immense staligmite.

Linah.


Round 1, initiative 18
ac 18
hp 37/37
effects: resist energy

Linah turns around at the sound of combat behind her only to see the salamander stab Sajan with its spear. With practiced ease she retrieves one of the healing wands from her belt and channels some of its magic into the monk. Shotly after she hears the rope snap behind her. "Khalid! Are you hurt?", she calls down to the inquisitor, relieved to see that he managed to grap hold to the wall.

Move action to retrieve the wand
Standard action to cast Cure light wounds on Sajan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9
DM Dan E wrote:

Most of the likely jumps (Sajan might try some unusual ones) seem to have enough space for a running start assuming no interference. Overall that makes things a fair bit easier (much harder to get the 20' running start 3.5 requires) but I am Ok with that given the prospect of cremation.

Sajan has perma-running start anyway.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

If there's nowhere to go, Zeladiel stays in place and casts haste from there getting as many people as possible. He did not cast defensively- the concentration check was for a hit on him.


Linah flows healing energy into Sajan with her wand while Zeladiel casts his spell, all too aware of the fire snake biting at his legs. Luckily the elf manages to get his cast off, the serpent burying its teeth in his trousers but not managing to pierce his skin.

AOO 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 miss
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

The powerful enchantment flows over Zeladiel, Linah, Sajan and the desperately hanging Khalid. Assume everyone knows the drill on haste.

Invigorated, Khalid tries to climb back up the shaft.

Need a climb check as above. I'll treat your acrobatics check as the climb and roll another tumble. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 success.

With a dexterous twist the inquistor reaches the top, sliding past Linah and Zeladiel and flipping over a lunge from the fire snake attacking Sajan.

Holding a spear in its left hand, the salamander in the lava pool slides another javelin out from under the surface of the lava and tries to peg Grall again before the gnoll can take a properly defensive stance. The well aimed throw is once more on target, a painful hit to the gnoll's hip.

Javelin 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32 hit possible crit
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 confirmed
1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Well I moved the 20's around although the miss on Zeladiel was handy. Grall is up.

501 to 550 of 2,347 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Dan E’s Legacy of Fire: House of the Beast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.