Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Dan E’s Legacy of Fire (Inactive)

Game Master Dan E

Recruited to reclaim the town of Kelmarane from a tribe of gnolls, six adventurers find themselves caught up in a series of events that may change the face of Katapesh: the Legacy of Fire.


451 to 500 of 2,347 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Is there room to set up camp just outside the cave opening? As I recall, it's hot and smelly in here and only intermittently hot and smelly outside.


Not really, the ledge isn't large and you'd be pretty exposed to anything wandering by (after all you saw the opening from a ways away). You think you could find somewhere relatively secluded back down in the rocks but it would be a miserably cold night without the hut (and given the chance the gnolls might spot a fire).


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Lets speak with Rrrasoul, he may know of anotherrr cave we can go to forrr the night.


DM only:

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
1d100 ⇒ 83
1d100 ⇒ 82
1d100 ⇒ 96
1d100 ⇒ 28
1d100 ⇒ 24

Leaving the cave, you take the path back down, the cool mountain air a welcome relief after the heat of the caverns.

But there is no sign of Rasoul. Starting from where you last saw him, his trail goes a few hundred feet (apparently backtracking the way you came) before disappearing entirely in the hard rocky ground.

You look around for a suitable campsite, all too conscious of the dangerous surroundings. After about an hour you manage to find one, a natural hollow surrounded on three sides by concealing ridges.

You settle in to rest, doing your best to stay comfortable as the day passes and the temperature begins to dip.

Fortunately Zeladiel is able to use his arcane bond to resummon the magical hut as evening draws near, providing you with a more or less comfortable place to sleep. Perhaps even more so your rest is undisturbed and you awake in the morning ready for what will no doubt prove to be an interesting day.


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

I'll spend my lvl1 spell slots to prepare 5 endure element spells. I'll most likely be unable to post until monday, so just assume that Linah follows where ever you go and DMPC her should a fight break out.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Khalid prepares for the coming day, silently wondering to himself if the others have it in them to do what must be done, even if it is somewhat less than pure...


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Nuveril has to force herself not to shy away as Linah casts her spell, but the cleric's hands have only ever delivered healing to her. "Is it done?" she asks irritably. "I feel no different." As Linah continues casting on the rest of the party, she edges up to the ridge and peers down at the gnolls encamped in the valley. There are the real enemy. Her weapon palm itches as she looks down, then glances back up toward the ledge where the salamanders' cave belches out gouts of steam. A waste of time, she tells herself, maybe a waste of our lives. Would it not be better to die under the sky as a warrior than buried in the rock of the mountain? But she prepares to follow Khalid anyway. If I die in there, I pray my spirit finds its way out of the tunnels and home, she thinks and doesn't know if she means the savannah or Kelmarane.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Zeladiel learns Detect Magic in place of Light and promptly uses it to identify the rod.

Spellcraft Take (10) + 14 = 24
(If not allowed then 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29)

Before departing, he casts Message pointing to each of his companions in turn.
Upon reaching the Earth Mephit's cave, Zeladiel casts Mage Armour on himself, relearns it with his Pearl of Power, then casts Mage Armour on Sajan.
He then smoothly draws an arrow, gets Linah to cast Light on it, then nocks it to his bow.

"Grall. Would you be so kind as to lead us to this Thratnias? I am ready."


Khalid:

From last night.

It has been a long time since you shared one of Vardishal's dreams but when it does come you slip back into it effortlessly.

The tent is large and the fittings lavish but they do little to ease the weariness that seems seeped into your bones. The fighting has been near constant and there has been no time for rest.

You and your brothers form a rough half circle. Kardswann to your left, he at least is never so happy as when surrounded by enemies. Zayifid to your right, the trickster casually lounges on a pile of cushions, his red hair messy. Pazhvann sits almost directly across, encased in his heavy armour the burly priest looks even more tired than you feel and you share a nod. The demands on his magical reserves have been immense and as always he endures without complaint.

Of your siblings only your sister Davashuum is absent, on some mission for your mistress. The competition between you has only intensified of late, the deadly monk increasingly resistant to your intrusion into her sphere of influence. Not a problem you have the time or energy to resolve now.

The soft sound of chimes announces your mistresses' entry as well of that of the halfling, Andrathi, resplendent in his silk robes and numerous magical trinkets. You could never quite find yourself able to like or trust the genie binder no matter how many times his magic had proved the difference between victory and defeat. Equally, you are sure the wizard had never forgotten his defeat at your hands. But again something for another day.

In human form your mistress looked radiant as always, undiminished by the fighting, resolute. She at least was deserving of your service, your respect. Always.

My brave champions, our situation is dire and I have exhausted all possibilities for external assistance. We must win this war with what we have. I need options.

Ever the joker, Zayifid's reply was droll. Perhaps a strategic retreat? I believe the wizard still has his scroll. Kakishon sounds lovely this time of year.

Throwing him a "not the time" look, you stand. Mistress, our greatest enemy is time and we are rapidly running out of it. We have met our enemies superior strength with superior tactics and speed, wearing them down and minimising our own casualties, but simply put we can no longer afford to defend. Our foe cares not for his losses and soon the relative size of our forces will not matter. We have no choice, we must attack and in force.

Your mistress looks at you for a long moment. Very well. I have scryed their flanking force. Vardishal, my general. You will take the 2nd and 3rd contingents south east. You will prevent the enemy forces there from joining up with their main army. The others will stay with me.

Kardswann stands. Mistress! Vardishal will need me to watch his back! Let me go with him, I beg you!

No, you say calmly. Our Mistress has spoken. I will go. And I will not fail.

She looks at you again. So noble, so beautiful. I know you will not my General. I know you will not.

I'm Ok with take 10 on identification.

To his delight Zeladiel identifies the ceramic rod as a charged item of summoning. Wand of summon monster II with 17 charges (CL 3). Note its still a round to activate.

Obviously either you or Linah could use it. With her out of play lets say Zeladiel keeps for now.

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Now more sure than ever that taking the battle to the Carrion King is the correct move, Khalid thanks Linah for her protective spell and nods in the direction of Grall...

"Let's go. We have no more time to waste."

The inquisitor mutters something under his breath...

Perception DC 15:

"I pray that I doing what you are trying to tell me Vardishal"


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

Linah rises with the dawn and spends an hour in prayer, asking the dawnflower for guidance and the strength to do what is just. As an end to the ritual she runs her scimitar through the loose earth and scatters the dust to the winds in a wide swing of her blade. Her spirit feel elevated, even with the trails that lay ahead.

"And you will feel no different once the temperature raises inside the cave. That is the trick", Linah informs Nuveril with a laugh unable to hold her smile at the halflings primitive attitude toward magic.

Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

"I am sure that you are, Khalid", Linah tells the inquisitor with a warm smile hoping to raise his spirits.


Sorry guys I've been super busy. Hopefully will update shortly.


You break your makeshift camp and make your way carefully back to the cavern entrance. You half expect Rasoul to find you as he implied but again there is no sign of the ranger and you hear nothing but the occassional gnoll cry, caught on the wind. Not close enough to worry you, but a reminder if any is needed of where you are.

You again take the narrow path up to the cave entrance and look inside. Aside from no mephit, the first chamber looks exactly as it did the day before. There is no indication of where the mephit is now.

The eastern exit leads to another downward chute, a little steeper than the one you took to parlay with the flamebrothers, not quite steep enough to require you to climb but not far off either.

You can feel the heat from below, the haze in the air not making it easy to see despite the natural light. The cool touch of Linah's protection spell provides instant relief, the abjuration cooling your body temperature to normal levels, although the stink of sulfur still fills your nostrils, making your breakfasts sit uncomfortably in your bellies (at least everyone but Grall's his digestion can handle nearly anything).

So ten minutes for five of you from now and I assume full duration for Linah.

You descend, again with Sajan just ahead of Grall in the lead given you can see.

Like the other, the chute opens out into a medium sized chamber, the walls, floor and roof the same naturally cut grey stone. You look across the room from the entrance. Serpentine like trails appear burnt into to the very rock of the floor. Numerous deep holes pock the stone walls on all sides, several bearing the wavering glow of natural flame.

Across the room another passage heads east.

MAP

Sorry for the delay, eager to get things back on track.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Nuveril looks around uneasily, not quite trusting Linah's magic to hold and expecting the heat to break through at any moment. "If we're doing this, let's get it done quickly," she mutters, looking to Khalid to take the lead.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Zeladiel looks around warily over the arrow nocked in his bow, suspicious of every rock and hole. His whispers are loud and clear through his spell but still hiss like escaping smoke and steam.
"Watch out for thin rock. I doubt Linah's magic will help much if we fall through. And these holes could also contain creatures, even if filled with flame or lava."
He takes comfort in the weight of the cool, white rod hanging from his hip.


You make for the passage way. Your on your guard but when the attack comes it happens so swiftly that Linah, Nuveril and Zeladiel are caught of guard and only Sajan is fast enough to effectively react.

They come out of the walls in a sinuous rush. A mass of serpents, their bodies glowing cherry red with fire like a piece of steel in a blacksmith's forge.

Perception vs DC 24

Grall 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28
Khalid 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
Linah 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Nuveril 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Sajan 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Zeladiel 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Slither

Surprise Round

Initiative

Grall 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Khalid 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Linah 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Nuveril 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Sajan 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Zeladiel 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Fire Snakes 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Ordered Initiative

Zeladiel 25 (surprised)
Linah 21 (surprised)
Sajan 20
Nuveril 17 (surprised, +1 AC)
Fire Snakes 11
Grall 10
Khalid 6

Effects

- Resist Fire (all)
- Mage Armour (Zeladiel, Sajan)

Notes

- The snakes in wall squares (currently all) are attackable but have partial cover (+2 AC).

MAP. Sajan is up.


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Reacting swiftly, Sajan quick-steps to K16 and assumes a defensive posture, waiting for a more opporune moment to counter-attack the ambush.

Total Defence, +6 AC. Now AC29.


Sajan makes some space for himself in the middle of the room seconds before the snakes pour out of the walls, flowing across the floor and coming in low. Their fangs are small but look razor sharp and drip a fiery spittle on to the stone.

Two come on straight at Sajan looking to rip at his legs. One comes very close to beating his defenses but with his feet firmly planted he turns away the attacks with fist and feet.

Bite vs Sajan 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 = 27 (flank) miss
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Bite vs Sajan 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21 miss
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Grall faces one attacker, the snake darting under the gnoll's blade to land a graze to his knee.

Bite vs Grall 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 hit
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Off-balance, Nuveril turns to finds herself assailed by three. The first one lands a hit to her leg while she takes the second's strikes on her madu. A heartbeat later the third comes in, she jerks back but is just too slow and takes a bite to the other leg.

Bite vs Nuveril 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 hit
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Bite vs Nuveril 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 miss
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Bite vs Nuveril 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 hit vs AC 19
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Linah is hard pressed by two. She drives one back with her scimitar but the second lashes up to bite at her wrist.

Bite vs Linah 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15 miss
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Bite vs Linah 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 hit poss crit
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Crit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 no crit
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

At the back Zeladiel faces his own attacker. He desperately tries to bait it away with his bow but takes his own bite to the ankle.

Bite vs Zeladiel 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 hit
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Those hit feel the snake's venom surging into their veins. It burns, excrutiatingly painful, and each struggles not to have their muscles lock up under the onslaught.

Everyone hit (that is everyone but Sajan) should make a DC 14 fortitude save or gain the paralysed condition for 1d4 rounds. Nuveril was hit twice and unfortunately needs to make a DC 16 save.

Linah has her flat footed AC as 17 but I assume she has her shield out making it 20? I should have said each snake is small size.

MAP. Grall and Khalid to close out surprise round.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Fortitude 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 *sigh* Of course. 1d4 ⇒ 2


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Fortitude 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Wow. I am surprised.


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

I thought about that and in all fairness i think the serpent did crit me. I don't think that Linah was expecting a fight right here and thus was not carrying the shield to be more stealthy. So crit it is. Does that make the save DC go up?
Save against stun. Fort 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 vs 14

Round 1, initiative 20
ac 21
hp 29/37
effects: none

Linah cries out in pain as one of the serpents strikes at her arm and pierces her armor. By reflex a surge of energy passes through the cleric and fills the chamber with a searing holy light. The burst gives Linah some respite to gather herself and equip her shield.

Standard action to channel positive energy to harm firery outsiders. I have no idea if these are of that type but i thought i'd take a chance. Damage 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 4) = 10, DC14 will save to halve the damage.
Move action to equip my shield (ac21)
If for some reason Linah has a strong reason to believe that a a channel won't effect these creatures then i'll just strike them with my scimitar.

Eventual scimitar attack roll:

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
crit confirm 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Khalid slashes at one of the snakes (N,16) with Tempest...

Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Damage:1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 + 1d6 ⇒ 2 frost x 1.5 = 3, 13 damage total

Confirm?:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage:1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Seeing Nuveril begin to succumb to the snake's paralysis, Sajan deflects a snake's bite as he whispers softly to her, infusing his words with ki-

Would you dishonour yourself by falling in battle first little one?

Hope you don't mind but I thought i'd take the liberty of rolling your re-roll, might speed up play and help me write narrative. If anyone's not cool with me doing this let me know in OOC please I won't take offence.

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Pass


Crit doesn't change the save DC, only multiple applications of the same poison. Linah doesn't have reason to think anything, she will have to punt :)

I'm fine with Sajan doing re-rolls. It speeds things up. Provided everyone else is.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Look out!

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

1d4 ⇒ 3

Gaaaaa Grall falls to the ground paralyzed..


Grall locks up in place, muscles rigid as poison courses through his veins.

Khalid thrusts out with Tempest at one of Linahs attackers. He connects a solid hit to the snakes belly and a cloud of steam erupts into the air as the icy steel contacts with the fiery exterior of the serpent. It rears up in pain and Khalid spits it just below the head. It falls still.

Round 1 and Zeladiel is up. The others may want to wait to see if Linahs channel is effective.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Round 1/25

Zeladiel staggers back (M14) and thrusts 3 fingers towards the snake that bit him in what could be seen as a rude gesture. But 3 darts of force spray forth into the fiery worm.

magic missile damage: 3d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) + 5 = 11


Zeladiel's dart smash into his target one by one, driving it back and leaving it badly wounded.

Fighting off paralysis, Linah's instinctive channel smashes into the serpent's like a divine fist. The harsh light scores the snakes, dimming their fire and they writhe in agony. All are wounded, some more than others and Zeladiel's target succumbs, curling up into a ball and lying still.

Starting at J,15 and going around clockwise.
Will 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Will 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Will 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Will 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Will 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Will 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 (N,16) dead
Will 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Will 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 (O,15) dying
Will 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Sajan and Nuveril are up.


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Sajan launches two quick attacks at two seperate snakes, fighting defensively to avoid their bites. His brass knuckles on his right hand, he defends with his left as he strikes faster than even the reptiles.

+7AC (+4 MA, +3 fight defensively) to normal AC of 19 for 26. Targets- J15, J17.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)
Sajan Krama Sumna wrote:

Seeing Nuveril begin to succumb to the snake's paralysis, Sajan deflects a snake's bite as he whispers softly to her, infusing his words with ki-

Would you dishonour yourself by falling in battle first little one?

Sajan's words cut through the fiery pain of the snake bites. She glares at him, the surge of anger that his comment provoked providing the determination she needed to resist the poison. She rides that anger directly into her own battle-rage, striking out against the glowing serpents. Rage; Hammer 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6; Madu 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15 damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Seriously, can't AK roll my dice? :P I doubt a 15 hits, but if by some chance it does, she'll hit 2 different snakes: L 17 & M 17.


Despite focusing on his defense Sajan manages to land several brutally precise blows on each of the two snakes attacking him. Already wounded by Linah's channel, the first (J,15) drops, bleeding white ooze, while the second (J,17) is left staggered and barely moving.

Nuveril lashes out with both arms but the three snakes give her little chance to chain into effective offensive routines and they force her back on to the defensive without the halfling managing to land a solid blow.

The staggered snake lashes out at Sajan with what seems like the last of its strength. But its attack is un-coordinated and the monk manages to launch it backward with a solid kick where it lies unmoving.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 miss
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

DM:

1d2 ⇒ 2 flee / fight

The snake attacking Grall continues to worry at the gnoll's legs who is too busy spasming from the pain of the previous bite to respond. It again sinks its fangs into the barbarian, releasing another dose of venom. So a DC 16 fort save although this is only to see if the paralysing duration is extended.

1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 4 = 13 (helpless and 0 dex) hit
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Two of Nuveril's trio continue to attack the halfling while the third, perhaps grasping at some level that Linah was the source of the painful light, slides over the corpse of the snake Khalid killed to attack the priestess.

Nuveril's hammer work keeps the first snake back but this time it is the second snake which takes advantage, biting her painfully in the knee.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 miss
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 hit
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Linah's attentions are focused on the snake in front of her, she drives it back with a flurry of slashes but fails to see the snake disengaging from Nuveril before it manages to get a fang through her boot and deliver yet more poison.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 hit
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 miss
1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

So saves for Grall, Nuveril and Linah. Map update to follow but mini-summary J15 and J17 are down, N17 has moved to N16 over the corpse of the snake there, O15 is down leaving fighting snakes at K15,L17,M17,N,16,O16.

Khalid, Zeladiel, Linah, Sajan, Nuveril.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Fortitude 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 Dan, is entering Rage a "purely mental action?" If Grall can Rage while paralyzed, it would raise his Fort save. Of course, he may prefer not to spend the rounds now.


I've always assumed so. Its fine by me if thats what he wants to do.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Grall lies there quietly as the snake continues to snack on his leg...
Fortitude Save 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Qadira

HP: 39/42 AC: 23 (SoF) Init: +6 Kelishite Human Inquisitor 6

Khalid strikes at the snake that has taken up residence on corpse of its companion... attack N16

Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
Damage:1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 + 1d6 ⇒ 1 x 1.5 frost, = 12 Total


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

Fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 vs 14. Failed, paralyzed for 1d4 ⇒ 1 rounds

Round 2, initiative 20
ac 20 (minus whatever i get for being helpless)
hp 24/36
effects: parayzed

Pain shoots up from her leg through her whole body. Linah raises her head to scream but no sound will come. The muscles in her body all freeze at the same time as if somebody shut them off with a switch, leaving her as still as a statue. One her eyes are moving. Darting back and forth among the snakes, a look of panic slowly rising.

At least i got one channel off...


Khalid deals with the next snake the same way as the first, making it recoil with Tempest's icy touch and then dispatching it with a finishing stroke, although this time the scimitar's blade cuts most of the way through the wounded fire snake's neck nearly decapitating it.

So Zeladiel, Sajan and Nuveril. Linah will recover at the end of her impulse. Feel free to wait for map update if description above is not enough.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Round 2/25

Zeladiel steps forward to protect Linah.
"I figure I owe you," he smiles.
He tears the white rod from his belt and holds it sideways. With an arcane word, a fan of cold, blue flame covers the creatures around them.

burning hands (Ref DC 15) cold damage: 5d4 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 2, 3, 2) + 2 = 11

(Position me where I can get as many as possible. Avoid the ball of rage in the middle of the room :-)


MAP is current to before Zeladiel's impulse.

Assuming a move to draw the rod your only going to get O16 with the freezing hands.


HP -12/64, AC 19/18/16 CMD 29, Speed 50 feet, F +8, R +8, W +11, P +12, In +4, AOO +12, EF 6/6, Ki 9/9

Sajan continues to lash out at seperate snakes, seeking to take them out quickly with powerful punches.

Two seperate targets and a 5 foot if necessary, not sure whats happening with Zel's action. Fighting defensively as before.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Okay, 5' step Zeladiel onto L15 with Grall and zap L16-18, K17-18, and M17-18

And multiply damage of course by cold :-)


Sorry to be pedantic but moving into a paralysed allies square counts as two so no 5' step. Will wait for confirm.


hp 34/38; AC 17; Init +5 Male Elf Wizard (Evoker) 6

Can I move there, drawing the rod as part of my move action, then fire off the spell as my standard action?

If I can't and I can't zap more than one snake, then I'll just stay where I am and shoot the one on Linah.

Shoot:
+1 Longbow (Precise Shot, Point Blank Shot): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage (Point Blank Shot, Focused Shot): 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Hmm seems reasonable, if you can draw a weapon with a move why not a rod. I'll assume you drop the bow though given your out of hands and are casting defensively to avoid an AOO from K,15.

Concentration 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23 success

Dropping his bow and drawing his rod, Zeladiel moves over to Grall and within striking distance of his serpentine attacker. Undeterred, the elf maintains focus on a quick spell, a fan of cold, blue flame washing over both of Nuveril's attackers.

Like those dispatched by Khalid the snakes appear particularly susceptible to the cold, writhing and hissing as they take the blast full on. Both fall to the floor unmoving, their own flames almost extinguished by the icy attack.

Reflex 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 fail
Reflex 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 fail

Sajan turns to the snake attacking Grall, hitting it in rapid succession. A chopping right hand, knocks it off the barbarian, a left drops it to the ground and from there the monk pounds it into mush.

Would have allowed you to drop the defensive but first attack is good enough. Nuveril is up. Only O16 remains mobile.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

Hissing with annoyance as the snakes wither in front of her without her landing a blow, Nuveril steps in front of Linah and unleashes her frustration on the last snake. Rage; 5-foot-step to N 17; Hammer 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 damage 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 Madu 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24 damage 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Nuveril's frustrations are evidently great indeed. The halfling rams the central spike of her madu through the snakes middle before sending it to the ground with a flurry of hammer blows. Combat over.

Its been seconds, the stone floor covered with patches of white ooze from the dead and dying snakes. From beyond the walls you can hear the rustles and hisses of what must be more, but no further attack eventuates and you seem to have driven them off at least for the moment.

Linah assesses Grall's condition as stable, the gnoll is soon able to move again although it looks like he will have at least one nasty scar to the leg to add to his collection.

A cursory glance around the small room reveals nothing (excluding snake guts) but the obvious entrance to the east. From beyond you can hear a wet oozing noise.


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)

By the end of the several seconds Nuveril takes to regain her breath, Grall is ambulatory once again. She glances uneasily at the walls, hearing the sounds of more of the fiery snakes. "Let us get out of this accursed place," she urges, "before we are knee-deep in the vermin." She flexes her legs, rubbing down her calves where the pain of the serpents' poison still burns.


Male HP(88/88 or 106*/106*) Gnoll Barbarian 6 - Invulnerable Rager

Down 7 hp's, could use a wand charge before we continue.
Will go ahead and roll it to speed things up, assuming Linah uses a charge.
Wand of cure lights wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Halfling Barbarian (superstitious) 6 | hp 56/64 (68/76 raging)
Grall wrote:

Down 7 hp's, could use a wand charge before we continue.

Will go ahead and roll it to speed things up, assuming Linah uses a charge.

Whiner. Nuveril's down 18, and you don't hear her complaining. ;)

(I think Linah's down 10, too. She might want to use a channel instead? Nuveril will take 2 wand charges to get back to close to normal.)


Human Bard 1 Paladin 8 | hp 74/74 | Bardic Performance 9/10, Channel 4/6, Lay on hands 12/12
Defenses:
AC 27 | F+13 R +14 W +14

Regaining control of her muscles comes as much of a shock as when it was taken away. The paralysis had only lasted for a few seconds but standing helpless in the mids of flaming snakes, it felt as if it lasted hours. Linah had been twisting and struggling violently to move and when her body finally responded, it took the cleric by surprise and she lost her footing tumbling straight to the ground. Her eyes are blank as she rises unsteadily to her feet.

"The poison. I could not move", Linah mumbles. Then she is jerked back to reality by the sight of her companions wounds. "You are wounded!" Quickly Linah stows her shield and sheathes her scimitar and produces one of the healing wands, going through the wounds one by one, finishing with her own.

Cast Cure light wounds on Nuveril: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Cast Cure light wounds on Nuveril: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Cast Cure light wounds on myself: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Cast Cure light wounds on myself: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

That's a pretty consisten wand

451 to 500 of 2,347 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Dan E’s Legacy of Fire: House of the Beast All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.