Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DMD - Rise of the Runelords

Game Master Dennis Harry

Thistletop

Nettlewoods

Catacombs

Glassworks

Glassworks Basement

Rise of the Runelords - Current Event -

Sunday Rova 22, 4707: The Swallowtail Festival happens in Sandpoint.
Thursday Rova 26, 4707: The God Touched Emerge from the Catacombs beneath Sandpoint.

DMPC Talene Minly

Initiative:

Dramatis Personae
Gwyddym Soarsong [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Drasven Hammers [dice]1d20+1[/dice]
Lia Tani [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Karmid Groundbreaker [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Rojava Brishen [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Edgar Gidolb [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Jiliana Dalca [dice]1d20+4[/dice]

Perception:

Dramatis Personae
Gwyddym Soarsong [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Drasven Hammers [dice]1d20+5[/dice]
Lia Tani [dice]1d20+2[/dice]
Karmid Groundbreaker [dice]1d20+8[/dice]
Rojava Brishen [dice]1d20+7[/dice]
Edgar Gidolb [dice]1d20+3[/dice]
Jiliana Dalca [dice]1d20+7[/dice]


1,451 to 1,500 of 1,963 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>

Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

While he would normally think that leaving the others would be a bad idea, Windsight does not think it coincidence that the bizarre creatures and the pumped-up goblin attacked at the same time that whatever-they-are are keeping Karmid, Drasven, and Rojava occupied up front. Moving carefully, he nocks another arrow and, after murmuring "Keep them upright," (with accompanied gesture towards Lia, Karmid, Drasven, and Rojava), the Shoanti ascetic carefully crosses the greased area and follows the glowing butterfly down the narrow 'hall', trying to be alert for ... problems.

Keeping On Keeping On:
DC 10 Acrobatics for 1/2 Movement: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Perception, Just In Case: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Ro steps onto the Greased are nimbly, her strike is solid the effect less so, the dead flesh seems to be resistant to stabs from such weapons!

Drasven swings at the zombie already severely damaged, his aim is off though as only the floor feels the effect of his powerful strike. The 'clink' sound of the weapon contacting the floor resounds in these narrow halls.

The zombies attack Ro from their prone positions.

DMD ONLY:
Zombie 4 Reflex Save 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12. Zombie 5 (Probe and Attacking Ro) Attack 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12. Zombie 6 (Probe and Attacking Ro) Attack 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6. Zombie 7 (Probe and Attacking Ro) Attack 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18. DAMAGE 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5. Zombie 8 Reflex Save 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6. Zombie 9 Reflex Save 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13.

A few of the Zombies attempt to stand and fall yet again. The few around Ro though see a target and attack it! Luckily only one manages to hit her right in the left knee which hurts like hell, these things are string though slow. Ro takes 5 damage.

---

Windsight, with Flurrt as his "nightlight" arrives at a closed and locked door at the end of this passage.

---

Initiative – Round 5
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven- GO!


Male NG Human (Shoanti) Level 3 Ranger | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +8 | CMB +7 | CMD 18 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest - coniferous and deciduous) | Current:

Karmid, at a loss to help Ro directly scans the area for something he can do to help the girl. Suddenly remembering his gift from the temple, he rummages around for one of the vials of Holy Water he procured and tosses it at the center of the mass of zombies, hoping it hits one of the zombies directly!

Ranged Touch Attack (Holy Water): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Holy Water 'Direct Hit' damage: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5
+1 point of damage to each zombie within 5 feet of the hit!

"Head's up Ro!"


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Is there an actual lock on (or in) the door, or is it barred from the other side?


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd takes Windsight's instruction and moves back up to the mass of folks, touching Karmid with the curing wand once more, hoping to bring the man back to tip-top shape.

CLW Wand (42 charges remain): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male NG Human (Shoanti) Level 3 Ranger | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +8 | CMB +7 | CMD 18 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest - coniferous and deciduous) | Current:
Gwyddym Soarsong wrote:

Gwydd takes Windsight's instruction and moves back up to the mass of folks, touching Karmid with the curing wand once more, hoping to bring the man back to tip-top shape.

CLW Wand (42 charges remain): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

NOTED!


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

The Holy Water strikes one of the Zombies and it falls back, it's face melting! The water splashes on the two nearest as well. In the meantime, Gwydd continues to heal Karmid's injuries.

DMD ONLY:
Zombie 5 HP = 11/12, Zombie 6 HP = 11/12, Zombie 7 HP = 12/12, Zombie 8 HP = 12/12, Zombie 9 HP = 12/12.

It's locked Windsight.

Gaven heads to the door near Windsight, "Should we bash it in or head back to the others?"

---

Initiative – Round 6
Windsight, Ro, Lia (& Flutter!), & Drasven – GO!
Zombies...
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Movement:
DC 10 Acrobatics for 1/2 Movement: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Windsight hesitates, then shakes his head and gestures back the way the two men and one butterfly came. "Bashing takes too long - head back. Do it the Shoanti way - go fast and hard enough, don't even give them time to breathe, much less think. Forward momentum and all that." He heads back up the way, moving carefully over the still-slick area, pausing only to riffle through the goblin's stuff in search of anything that might be necessary - meaning any sort of key, really.


Female CG Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Luck: 11/11

Things had been going pretty well, and Rojava was feeling quite clever, but there was a big gap between her expectations and the results for this last little piece of her ad hoc plan.

Maybe there had been some hubris involved, but running a zombie through and discovering it doesn't really care is a disappointment.

"Ow! Dammit! Now with her knee hurting Ro figures it's time give way to others who can actually take care of things.

Karmid, Drasven, I'm going to dismiss the spell, get ready to knock them back down as they try to get up! I'm going to have to back out of here."

She withdraws, backing off the greased floor, then waits for Karmid and Drasven to be ready before she dismisses both Grease spells.

Readying action dismiss spell when Karmid and Drasven are ready to move. End Luck.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 3 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6| CMB: +5 | CMD: 16 | D.Longaxe: +5;1d12+4| L.xBow:+4;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +8| Stealth: -1| Survival: +7| Swim: +1|

"Aye" Drasven calls out though why she would do so remains a mystery to him.


Female CG Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Luck: 11/11

Well, we're sort of stalemated right now. The zombies can't get up, and we can't get to them. Ro has 2 rounds of Freedom of Movement at this level and a piercing weapon, which won't do anything after their DR is subtracted. Windsight could come plink at them, but arrows would also be subject to the DR. So, we could stand here and watch them for a while until the spell runs out and re-engage, or we can go ahead and do it now and get it over with.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 3 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6| CMB: +5 | CMD: 16 | D.Longaxe: +5;1d12+4| L.xBow:+4;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +8| Stealth: -1| Survival: +7| Swim: +1|

I would have prefered them being bottlenecked and allow the grease spell to let us heal up somewhat but Whatever works.


Female CG Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Luck: 11/11

I believe we are pretty much healed up now. Your call on how to kill them. The spell will dismiss when your initiative arrives. My thinking is that prone opponents who are mindless and will stand up when they have the chance, providing AoO's, is better than a bottleneck. After all they are slow and you can always withdraw back to the doorway when you wish.


Female Human Arcanist 3 | Arcane Pool 4/6 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 0 R.Atk 4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 13 | Init: +3, Perception: +2

Actually, the grease would be just as tactical...if they manage to stumble up, they would come one or two at a time, running into readied actions with their mindless moving. Lia has nothing to contribute here, having only a light crossbow, so...yeah.

"Drasven, you aimed for the wrong one!", Lia crosses her arms, looking playfully pouty, her face quickly returning to a cheerful expression:"You can do better!"
One more round of luck to Drasven. Neither him nor Karmid have Combat Reflexes I think...so...no matter - only one round left after this, but I think Gwydd still has luck juice!

Flutter holds near the southern door, keeping watch and ready to warn the others if it opens.


Female CG Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Luck: 11/11
Lia Tani wrote:
Actually, the grease would be just as tactical...if they manage to stumble up, they would come one or two at a time, running into readied actions with their mindless moving.

Sure, it would work eventually. But Rojava didn't bring a nail file along for that kind of sitting around and waiting.


Male NG Human (Shoanti) Level 3 Ranger | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +8 | CMB +7 | CMD 18 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest - coniferous and deciduous) | Current:

I could always try tossing Drasven across the grease so he could try and hit them as he passed by knocking them down. HEY! I just invented Zombie bowling! =)


Female CG Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Luck: 11/11

<Groan> At least you didn't literally say "dwarf tossing". :P

Rojava takes a glance down the passageway and notices Windsight coming back.

Hey Windsight, that goblin has a sword and axe. Could you bring them up here?"


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Windsight pauses, looking blank for a moment, then nods and heads back for the sharp things.

Dwarf/halfling tossing is a prerequisite for zombie bowling.


Shadow's Status

Drasven, once you make your attack roll the Zombies go. Go ahead and try to hit one, with your weapon reach you can get to one!
I placed Windsight next to the Goblin's corpse. The Goblin was wielding a longsword, a masterwork handaxe, and the sliver dagger he threw is still on the floor.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 3 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6| CMB: +5 | CMD: 16 | D.Longaxe: +5;1d12+4| L.xBow:+4;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +8| Stealth: -1| Survival: +7| Swim: +1|

Drasven goes!!! 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d12 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Abbdar! 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

"Pray that I do not miss once more, Miss Lia. It may well prove a terrible mistake on my part." Drasven is solenm as he says this this time slashing dowanwards from left to right, letting the weight of the weapon lead.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Drasven's aim this time is true as the Zombie is struck but it, and his fellow undead stand up moaning softly.

DMD ONLY:
Zombie 5 HP = 4/12, Zombie 6 HP = 11/12, Zombie 7 HP = 12/12, Zombie 8 HP = 12/12, Zombie 9 HP = 12/12.

Gaven takes Windsight's advice and hustles back to the main group, standing right behind Gwydd. "What is the menace here my friends?"

Initiative – Round 6
Karmid, Gwydd - GO!

Initiative – Round 7
Windsight, Ro, Lia (& Flutter!), & Drasven – GO!
Zombies...
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Brother Gaven, it's undead from the looks of it. We need your holy strength! Gwydd says, gesturing to the mass of zombies.

Readying an action to heal a friend if they take damage.


Male NG Human (Shoanti) Level 3 Ranger | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +8 | CMB +7 | CMD 18 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest - coniferous and deciduous) | Current:

The Grease is gone correct?
Seeing the way clear, Karmid steps forward to smash more heads.

Earthbreaker(2-Handed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 4 = 11


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Karmid steps forward finishing the Zombie that Drasven hacked into. Several Zombie corpses now litter the hallway.

DMD ONLY:
Zombie 6 HP = 11/12, Zombie 7 HP = 12/12, Zombie 8 HP = 12/12, Zombie 9 HP = 12/12.

Initiative – Round 7
Windsight, Ro, Lia (& Flutter!), & Drasven – GO!
Zombies...
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 3 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6| CMB: +5 | CMD: 16 | D.Longaxe: +5;1d12+4| L.xBow:+4;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +8| Stealth: -1| Survival: +7| Swim: +1|

Drasven simply readies another slash to the next zombie, trusting in his weapon's reach to keep them away.
Readied Chop 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 151d12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Female CG Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Luck: 11/11

Ro will be sheathing her rapier and taking the longsword Windsight is bringing. I believe that is two move actions so that will be her round used up.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Drasven's long reach cuts down yet another zombie. It appears there are only three left standing!

Initiative – Round 7
Windsight & Lia (& Flutter!)– GO!
Zombies...
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.


Female Human Arcanist 3 | Arcane Pool 4/6 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 0 R.Atk 4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 13 | Init: +3, Perception: +2

Not really helpful against zombies, and want to preserve SOME juice.

Smiling at Drasven and giving him a thumbs-up sign as he cuts down the Zombie, Lia turns her back to the other Undead and casually strolls away from them, towards the Goblin Champion and the 2 Sinspawn, taking a closer look at these weird creatures she had never seen before, now that they stopped objecting to such.

Flutter held his position near the door, vigilantly flying guard.
Taking a closer look at the Sinspawn. Fluff for Flutter learning more about them.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Easing past Lia with a warning of "Locked door back there, don't go too far - and get that knife that's back there, please?" Windsight moves up to the anti-zombie mayhem and offers Rojava both the longsword and the handaxe. When she takes the sword, Windsight hefts the axe and wades in right after her.

Leftovers:
I think that the movement and all takes up my available actions; if it doesn't, then attack with the mwk handaxe, which Windsight is fortunately proficient in.

Whack!!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Pretty sure that's a swing-and-a-miss.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 3 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6| CMB: +5 | CMD: 16 | D.Longaxe: +5;1d12+4| L.xBow:+4;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +8| Stealth: -1| Survival: +7| Swim: +1|

Drasven acknowledges Lia with a hearty wave before turning back to wait for more Zombies to come to him.
"Come on then foul spawn and taste me axe!"


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Windsight's swing is a miss...

The Zombie's once again press at Karmid.

DMD ONLY:
Zombie #7 Slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 - Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8. Zombie #8 Slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 - Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6. Zombie #9 Slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 - Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10.

It seems the first blow sustained by Karmid was a lucky shot, the Zombies grope at him but do little more damage to him than a toddler would.

Gaven is too far back to take a swing at the Zombies.

Initiative – Round 7
Karmid & Gwydd - GO!

===

Initiative – Round 8
Windsight, Ro, Lia (& Flutter!), & Drasven – GO!
Zombies...
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 3 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6| CMB: +5 | CMD: 16 | D.Longaxe: +5;1d12+4| L.xBow:+4;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +8| Stealth: -1| Survival: +7| Swim: +1|

Axe? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 231d12 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
From behind Karmid, Drasven tries a direct strike from his side in attempt to strike the Zombie! The strike is a little low though.


Male NG Human (Shoanti) Level 3 Ranger | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +8 | CMB +7 | CMD 18 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest - coniferous and deciduous) | Current:

His torso covered in zombie brains, Karmid continues to try and bash more zombies!

Earthbreaker(2-Handed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10

"OHH! Uggh! I need a bath in the worst way!"


Female CG Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Luck: 11/11

Rojava peers down into the passageway from where the zombies are advancing. When she finds an opening made by a zombie falling to Karmid's attack, she goes for the gap, trying to slip between the remaining zombies to get behind them.

Stay with me for this Mother Moon she thinks as she attempts the utterly stupid.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 2 = 22

Once she's past the zombie line, she turns on them, trying to put one of them directly between herself and a friend in the entranceway.

She strikes with the newly acquired longsword with all she has. But the new weapon is heavy and awkward compared to her rapier leaving her swatting air.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 + 2 = 8

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 1 + 2 = 11

Activate Luck, acrobatics check to move through threatened space, find flanking, attack. Attack role assumes flanking is possible.


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd starts singing, a low powerful chant at first, his words carrying courage to his friends.

BP Started, Inspire Courage. BP: 8/9 remaining.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Drasven cuts down yet another of the Zombies.

Karmid strikes another but his strike cannot quite bring the walking corpse down.

Ro dances to flanking position avoiding the clumsy grabs of the undead. The weapon, too awkward in her hands, fails to hit home.

Initiative – Round 8
Windsight, & Lia (& Flutter!) – GO!
Zombies (2)
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.

DMD ONLY:
Zombie 8 - 7/12. Zombie 9 - 12/12.


Female Human Arcanist 3 | Arcane Pool 4/6 | HP: 22/22 | AC: 13 / T: 13 / FF: 10 | Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +5 | M.,Atk: 0 R.Atk 4 | CMB: 0, CMD: 13 | Init: +3, Perception: +2

Lia stands up again from her inspection of the Sin Spawn, taking aim with her Light Crossbow absent-mindedly, shooting at one right next to Rojava:"What are you waiting for, Hudok? Like this!", she smiles at the Shoanti.
Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 20 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Crit?: 1d20 + 4 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 4 + 1 = 12 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Flutter remains vigilant, near the door.


Male LN human (shoanti) UC zen archer monk 2 | HP: 17/13 | AC 17 (T 17, F 14) | CMB: +4, CMD: 21 | F:+5 R:+5 W:+4 | INI: +2 (+4 surp) | PER: +9 | MV 30' | Perf. Stk: 2*2d20 | HeroPts: 1 | Gear: Arrows/15, trail rations/2 |+Lng Shoanti, Varisian | Atk: UnA +4:1d6+2, MCLBw +6/+6:1d8+2/x3
Skills:
Acrobatics +7, Climb +6, Escape Artist +6, Fly +6, Heal +5, KS: Nat +2, Perception +9, Ride +2, Sense Motive +9, Stealth +7, Survival +4, Swim +6, Cft: Bows +4/6, KS: Geo +2, KS: Relig +5

Rojava isn't the only one to have acrobatic skills, nor is Windsight dives forward, the fist with his bow in it leading the way, to tumble awkwardly past the undead thing. Good or ill, he'll fetch up next to the bard, then lash out with the well-balanced hand axe at the same lurching monstrosity she's swinging for.

Action Jackson:

Acrobatics to Avoid AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 -- don't think that'll do it!!

Swing, Wakka Wakka Wakka!!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 - +2 if flanking.
Whack?: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Blech. Bad d20 rolls. :P


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Windsight dances too close to a Zombie that swings its arm upwards to try and connect and does so, striking the Shoanti in the face! Windsight take 8 damage.

Windsight's attack is thrown off by the solid contact. The Zombie's follow up swing though misses as the Monk steps back and away.

DMD ONLY:
AoO vs. Windsight Zombie #8 Slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 - Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8.

Zombie #8 Attack vs. Windsight. Slam 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 - Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8.

Zombie #9 Slam vs. Ro 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 - Damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5.

Ro, now standing next to the other Zombie left has its eye on her. It swings and connects hitting her in the solar plexus and knocking the wind from her. Ro, take 5 damage!

The fight in the cramped doorway is so tight Gaven simply cannot get to it.

Initiative – Round 8
Karmid & Gwydd - GO!

===

Initiative – Round 9
Windsight, Ro, Lia (& Flutter!), & Drasven – GO!
Zombies (2)
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.


Male NG Human (Shoanti) Level 3 Ranger | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +8 | CMB +7 | CMD 18 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest - coniferous and deciduous) | Current:

Karmid, silent for once, steps up and quickly swings at the zombie who hit Ro!

Earthbreaker(2-Handed): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 4 = 14


Female CG Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Luck: 11/11

Ro gasps and staggers, almost doubling over. High pitched wheezing sounds come from her as she tries to take a breath. She raises her buckler so it's between the zombie and her head, and swings the sword in a wide arc under it at any formerly dead stuff near her.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 19 Assumes Flanking

Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 2 + 1 = 8


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Karmid crushes the skull of the Zombie he bsttered moments before.

Ro's "new" weapon slices the arm off of the remaining Zombie but it still stands!

DMD ONLY:
Zombie 9 - 4/12 HP

Initiative – Round 8
Gwydd - GO!

===

Initiative – Round 9
Windsight, Lia (& Flutter!), & Drasven – GO!
Zombie 1
Karmid, Gwydd, Gaven.


Male Dwarf Warpriest 3 | HP: 38/38 | AC: 15/11/14 |Init: +1 | Perc: +5 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +2 | Will: +6| CMB: +5 | CMD: 16 | D.Longaxe: +5;1d12+4| L.xBow:+4;1d8| Inspiring Word, Agile Feet, Prohibition 6/day|
Skills:
Acro: -1| Appraise:+2| Bluff:-1| Climb:+1 Diplo:+5| Heal:+7| Intimidate: -1| Kn.(Reli, Eng): +7| Kn. Others: +3| Lin:+2| Sense Motive: +8| Stealth: -1| Survival: +7| Swim: +1|

Drasven edges up away to give himself more room to swing his heavy weapon. Once done, he changes his hold this time to favor overhead chops as if spitting lumber, his axe held up high over his head before letting the weight drop, a sharpened blade powered mostly by its own natural weght.

Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d12 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd looks around, desperate for a way to get to his friends. Without finding a clear path, he flings his finger in the direction of the zombie that hit Ro and a burst of light flares into brief existence in its face. All the while, his encouraging song rings out.

BP: 7/9. Casting flare cantrip, DC13 FORT to negate 1 minute of being dazzled.


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

Like an executioner, Drasven's axe beheads the offending criminal and the body, now a corpse for all time hits the ground lifeless.

Gwydd, the Flare need not be cast!

Combat Over! Now what?


Female CG Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Luck: 11/11

With the wind still knocked out of her, Rojava isn't quite ready to stand straight or move about just yet. She takes a minute, doubled over with a hand on one knee (the other one hurts like hell) to get her breathing back to normal.

When she's ready to stand up, she tries to walk off the pain in her knee by going down to the other end of the fight to take another look at the things lying in the hall. They're almost as horrible looking dead as they were alive.

"So are these quasits then? If that's a "minor" demon, I'm straight out of the demon slaying business."

She comes back to the others and Prestidigitates the blood and guts off everyone, starting with Karmid so he will stop muttering about it.

"It was the doppelganger again. It looked like Nualia this time. It ran off that way" she says pointing. "The b~%~~ was just baiting us, waiting long enough for everyone to be inside both ends of the ambush."


Male NG Human (Shoanti) Level 3 Ranger | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | HP 32/32 | F +5 R +5 W +3 | Init +3(+5) | Perc +8 | CMB +7 | CMD 18 | Speed 30 |Enlarge Self: 5rds/day as a Swift Action (-0)| Favored Terrain (Forest - coniferous and deciduous) | Current:

Karmid ruffles Ro's hair playfully...just how she hates it, then turns to everybody else.

"My thanks little Ro. Well done everyone! First contact is ours and we are victorious despite their evil little ambush! Now, after that doppel' fore he..she?...it?...gets away again!"

Karmid moves to the door the suspected doppelganger went though and looks for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Female CG Human Bard (Archaeologist) 3 | HP: 27/27 | AC: 17 (T: 13, F: 14) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +3, R: +6, W: +3 (+5 vs Charm/Compulsion) | Init: +3 | Perc: +7, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Luck: 11/11

"I really ought to remember to stay out of arm's reach of you." Ro grumbles at Karmid.

"When I can at least." she adds as she goes to help him check the route forward.

Perception (Aid): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Male NG Human Bard 3|HP:15/15 |AC:17|CMB:+3|CMD:15 |F:+1/R:+6/W:+4| I:+3|P:+7|30'|BP:11/d|
Skills:
Stats:1|3|0|3|2|3 Acro+9 K(Arc|Hist|Rlg)+10 K(Loc)+9 K(Geo|Nat)+8 Ling+8 P(Sing+12|Dance+11|String+8|Perc (H.A.|Int)+8) Spellcraft+9 UMD+9

Gwydd walks up to Windsight and Ro in turn.

Here, let me touch you up slightly. he says, gripping the wand in one hand as his hand brushes their shoulders, restoring health.

CLW Windsight: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLW Ro: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Wand at 41 charges


Shadow's Status

Beneath Sandpoint - The Catacombs

"Nualia" headed into the darkness to the east not through the door that Windsight found, just to be clear. I placed the characters down the hall, if you wish to change the order or head to the door that Windsight and Flutter found, let me know.

The tunnel east once light is shed upon it runs 50' up a few sets of short stairs and ends at a closed door. Karmid checks the door and it appears to not be trapped.

Open it? Head back to the other door?

1,451 to 1,500 of 1,963 << first < prev | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMD - Rise of the Runelords All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.