Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Corvus' The Wages of Immortality (Inactive)

Game Master CorvusRed

When immortality is for sale, what price are you willing to pay?


151 to 200 of 969 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Elreem manages to dig a suitable hole, with some aid from Salt and Sand, meantime, the debate continues over the use of the scroll.

The vultures keep attempting to land and feast on the hyena corpses,taking back to the air, screeching and cawing, whenever Elreem attempts to drive them off.

once a decision is made with the blood biography scroll we can move on.


Stats:
AC 10/10/10, HP 28/28, F+5 R+2 W+8, Init +3, Per +14

Zahur collects a drop of blood (dried or fresh) from the corpse. "Let's wait. As long as I have this with me, we can always learn more later."


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4 |Init +5 |Perc +7| HP 35| AC: 21 T:15 FF:17 | Saves F +4/R +9/W +5|

"Come on then, we are wasting the day here," Khol added, mounting up and turning his camel back into their original direction. He quietly hoped that they would not need to make another detour like this for now. He was never of the opinion that picking fights would be profitable. No matter the situation, there was almost always someone else who would end up being more skillful or luckier than you.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

"Come," Natasha says to her fox familiar, and when the little canine runs to her, she places him in her mount's saddlebag before getting back into the saddle herself. "Yes, we are done here. Let us proceed."


Stats:
AC 10/10/10, HP 28/28, F+5 R+2 W+8, Init +3, Per +14

Probably need to resolve whether we're burying the human or taking him with us too. I'm voting we bury him and continue.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Oh, I thought we'd already agreed to bury both the gnoll and the human. Note that the vultures are only trying to get at hyena meat, so I assumed both the sentients had been duly planted. ^^;


With the burials complete and the party back on the road southward, they continue toward the looming mountains. They jut up from the ground with little ceremony or precursor, the slight incline the party had been travelling on the last two days the only lead in to their towering heights.

Rounding a curve, the party comes to a wide lake, murky brown and clearly quite shallow. It trickles into the river that leads north.

A half mile farther down the path, a small bridge leads across the river to the east, where a tiny collection of huts clusters around a cliff face. Beyond which, a clear path into the mountains can be seen.

The mid afternoon sun sinks toward the horizon behind the party.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

"Does anyone particularly favour the idea of seeking lodging in yon fly-speck?" Natasha asks, her eyes narrowed as she stares at the gathering of huts.


M Human Lore Warden 3/MoMS 2 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | AC 20 (24) / T 16 (20) / FF 15 | HP 29/41 | Saves F +8/R +9/W +6 Treasure

Ajkanir looks at the hamlet in the distance with some skepticism.

"I'd just as soon camp than risk the fleas we'd find in any sort of inn or tavern there - we'll use up all our antiplague before we get anywhere. But we could camp under the shelter of the cliff, and perhaps inquire of the villagers if they know anything of the dead man, or men now, that we're investigating."


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

"We could do that in the morning, too, after we've had a restful night and a chance to replace all spells expended," Natasha suggests.


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4 |Init +5 |Perc +7| HP 35| AC: 21 T:15 FF:17 | Saves F +4/R +9/W +5|

"I'd rather lodge out here, small towns are less understanding about my heritage than you lot are. Don't expect me to do much talking if we go in there either."


M Human Lore Warden 3/MoMS 2 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | AC 20 (24) / T 16 (20) / FF 15 | HP 29/41 | Saves F +8/R +9/W +6 Treasure

"It's fine with me to camp here outside the village and then go visit it the morning. Though they may look upon us with some suspicion when we do, simply because they're sure to see us here, and they'll know we're looking on them with suspicion as well. But where we choose to sleep matters not to me."


Male Human Summoner 5 (Init +2; Perception -2; HP 2/43; AC 17, FF 15, Touch 12, Saves F+3/+5, R+3/+5, W+2/+4 all +2 if within Elreem's reach.)

Razan shrugs,

"Aieee, easier to stay out here, no point putting some poor folk out when they probably don't even have comely daughters. I'll take first watch if its all the same to everyone, that way I don't have to summon Elreem twice."

He tends to Sandstreak and the other mounts, then sets up his tent with Elreem's aide. Then he follows the eidolon over to help Natasha do the same, giving the wizardess a sarcastic bow as he does so.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

"Perhaps you may be taught yet," Natasha says, one eyebrow raised with sarcasm equal to Razan's. "Or perhaps I should say trained."

Once camp is readied, the Wizard again casts her spell of Alarm over it, setting the alarm to the sound of horns.


Stats:
AC 10/10/10, HP 28/28, F+5 R+2 W+8, Init +3, Per +14

Zahur agrees with the plan to establish a camp and visit the town in the morning. He assists with caring for the mounts and setting up camp while occasionally observing the town to see what may be ascertained from afar.
Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


Darkness settles, and the village to the east remains silent and still. No light, no sound, no nothing comes across the river to the party.

Razan and Elreem take the first watch as the party settles down to what sleep it can find.

DM Screen, Elreem's watch hour 1:

Razan: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (11) - 2 = 9
Elreem: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

1d100 ⇒ 57

DM Screen, Elreem's watch hour 2:

Razan: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5
Elreem: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

1d100 ⇒ 35

DM Screen, Elreem's watch hour 3:

Razan: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (3) - 2 = 1
Elreem: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

1d100 ⇒ 55

The day's exertions seem to have taken their toll on the party, and Elreem and Razan begin to doze as their watch nears an end.

When Sand, Natasha's familiar, bolts up and begins to growl loudly, Elreem and his familiar's attention returns to the campsite. The fox stares off in the distance toward the direction of the village, and slowly begins to back away.


Male Human Summoner 5 (Init +2; Perception -2; HP 2/43; AC 17, FF 15, Touch 12, Saves F+3/+5, R+3/+5, W+2/+4 all +2 if within Elreem's reach.)

"Aiiiieeee, everybody wake up!" Razan bellows, leaping onto Sanstreak's bareback and readying his lance as he stares out into the darkness,

Elreem tenses and follows the fox's stare straining to see out into the darkness.


Stats:
AC 10/10/10, HP 28/28, F+5 R+2 W+8, Init +3, Per +14

Zahur wakes at Razan's call and rolls out of his bedroll, grabbing his spear. "What is it Razan?" Salt shakes of the sand from his nest and moves to a defensive position next to Zahur.
Perception (Zahur) 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Perception (Salt) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
So, there were never lights in the village, all night long.


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4 |Init +5 |Perc +7| HP 35| AC: 21 T:15 FF:17 | Saves F +4/R +9/W +5|

Khol awakens as well, having slept in his armor (is a ranger, Endurance can be useful to have) and rolls into a crouch.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 Magical Beasts: 14, Evil Outsiders: 16


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

"What is happening?" Natasha demands as she comes staggering out of her tent. Her hair is unbound, her feet are bare, but other than that the Mage looks not much different than she did during the day. "Sand! To me!"

As soon as the little fox is at her side, Natasha barks a single Word of Power, and four torches whirl into life, hanging in empty air. With a flick of her wrist, Natasha sends the lights whirling in the direction which so upset her familiar.

Natasha uses a swift action to go into Snake Style stance, and casts Dancing Lights, sending the torches out to her maximum range to cast some light on whatever may be approaching camp.


M Human Lore Warden 3/MoMS 2 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | AC 20 (24) / T 16 (20) / FF 15 | HP 29/41 | Saves F +8/R +9/W +6 Treasure

Ajkanir hears Razan's shout and rolls quickly out of his bedroll, drawing his sword from the bedclothes as he does so. He is on his feet in an instant and looks all around him. He takes an extra moment to focus in the direction his companions seem to be looking, but also look and listens in other directions, knowing that a distraction can be a useful prelude to a night attack.

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


DM Screen:

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Natasha's light plunges in to the darkness beyond the fire, out and along the path toward the village, illuminating the muddy banks on the right, and the scattered rocks and outcroppings on the left.

It illuminates down roughly one hundred feet of the path, still very short of the bridge.

Nothing is revealed.

Sand, now at Natasha's side, seems somewhat more calm; only in that it has stopped growling. It's hackles are still up, and it watches the path along the shore intently.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Natasha glances briefly at her fox familiar, and then makes a little growling noise that ends in something like a yip.

DM:
Familiar/Wizard language: "What is it? What did you see or smell, my loyal one?"

Despite her little moment of oddness, the Wizard continues to hold the martial stance she just adopted.

Maintaining Snake Style-stance.


The fox lets out a piteous whine.

Natasha:

Death, mistress.


Male Human Summoner 5 (Init +2; Perception -2; HP 2/43; AC 17, FF 15, Touch 12, Saves F+3/+5, R+3/+5, W+2/+4 all +2 if within Elreem's reach.)

"Aiiieeee, I don't like this," Razan mutters, his free hand patting Sandstreak's neck soothingly.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

"There is death," Natasha says, and she scoops up Sand in her arms. After briefly burying her face in the fox's fur, she puts him back down and returns to her tent. When she comes out again, she is wearing her shoes. "My companion scented death. I like this no better. Either there was killing done, or the undead are abroad."


Stats:
AC 10/10/10, HP 28/28, F+5 R+2 W+8, Init +3, Per +14

"If there were no lights in the village, your companion is right about death. We'd best move forward cautiously and see what we can find." Once everyone is ready to move forward, Zahur will join them. He's not the type to be leading the way into a potential battle :)


M Human Lore Warden 3/MoMS 2 | Init +7 | Perc +10 | AC 20 (24) / T 16 (20) / FF 15 | HP 29/41 | Saves F +8/R +9/W +6 Treasure

Ajkanir looks to Natasha and asks, ”Did your beast say how far away this death-scent lies? If we go to face it, I’d prefer to do it with my armor between myself and the death that awaits.”

If the party is willing to wait, Ajkanir will don his leaf armor. This will take 1 minute, 30 seconds with help. If we have greater urgency, he’ll skip it.


Stats:
AC 10/10/10, HP 28/28, F+5 R+2 W+8, Init +3, Per +14

"I think we can wait for you Ajkanir. So far we haven't heard or seen anyone right here. We're probably going to need to go into the village."


Male Human Summoner 5 (Init +2; Perception -2; HP 2/43; AC 17, FF 15, Touch 12, Saves F+3/+5, R+3/+5, W+2/+4 all +2 if within Elreem's reach.)

Nodding to Elreem who continues his watchful scanning of their surroundings, Razan dismounts and begins hurriedly saddling Sandswift.


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4 |Init +5 |Perc +7| HP 35| AC: 21 T:15 FF:17 | Saves F +4/R +9/W +5|

"I will lead, since the lot of you aren't so good with the dark," Khol said unwrapping a nasty looking Bardiche. There were times it paid to wield a weapon other than those his blood had seen fit to install at the ends of his fingers. He had no intention to take undue risks when illness was involved. It was rather comforting to rely upon heavy steel at times.

He thrust the tip into the sand and stripped off his robe and turban, revealing his sickly green breastplate and the full extent of his fiendish heritage. Reclaiming the bardiche, he strode toward the village with a quick, loping stride.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

"What's the rush?" Natasha asks. "Let's wait for dawn, when we'll have the advantage -- and slept properly."


Male Human Summoner 5 (Init +2; Perception -2; HP 2/43; AC 17, FF 15, Touch 12, Saves F+3/+5, R+3/+5, W+2/+4 all +2 if within Elreem's reach.)

Razan nods and bellows at the top of his lungs,

"Aieeee! Hear that you undead unsightly shaft nodules! Either come and get us here or we'll see you in the morning."

Elreem closes his eyes and sighs heavily.


Khol plunges into the darkness, followed by Ajkanir and Zahur.

Razan and Natasha are left at the campsite.

Natasha's light remains roughly 100' down the path, providing some illumination a roughly 20' radius of light, but between the firelight of the camp and the glowing orbs of the spell, only darkness for all but Khol.

The path itself runs along a roughly forty foot high rock outcropping on the way to the bridge. The path itself is roughly ten feet in width, before it slopes into the muddy banks of the lake.

Impassable to the left, with the right providing another ten feet of room that is difficult terrain.

Characters not gifted with darkvision, please indicate how you'll be handling the darkness.


Male Human Summoner 5 (Init +2; Perception -2; HP 2/43; AC 17, FF 15, Touch 12, Saves F+3/+5, R+3/+5, W+2/+4 all +2 if within Elreem's reach.)

Razan shrugs to Natasha,

"Aieee, I thought your idea made more sense, but I suppose we'll sleep sounder without miscellaneous death smells to worry about."

So saying, he mounts up and cast a light spell upon his lance, before trotting after the others. As he rides past Elreem he points at Natasha and the eidolon falls in at her side scanning the area for threats.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

"Hold up," Natasha says, crossly, and she runs up to Razan's horse. The Mage briefly kneels to scoop up Sand, then holds her free hand up to Razan in an imperious manner. "Help me up. And no, you are not sitting behind me. You are not that lucky."


Male Human Summoner 5 (Init +2; Perception -2; HP 2/43; AC 17, FF 15, Touch 12, Saves F+3/+5, R+3/+5, W+2/+4 all +2 if within Elreem's reach.)

"Aiiiieeee, as the lady wishes, many women find excuses to get up close behind me, though they are usually a bit more subtle about it." Razan chuckles, pulling the wizardess up into the saddle behind him and winking ostentatiously to Elreem.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

Natasha raps Razan in the back of the head with one knuckle. "Less chatter, boy, more speed," she snaps. "The others are getting ahead of us."


Male Human Summoner 5 (Init +2; Perception -2; HP 2/43; AC 17, FF 15, Touch 12, Saves F+3/+5, R+3/+5, W+2/+4 all +2 if within Elreem's reach.)

Razan mutters something about needing a good something under his breath, and tightens his knees around Sandstreak, who breaks into a canter.


Stats:
AC 10/10/10, HP 28/28, F+5 R+2 W+8, Init +3, Per +14

Zahur sticks with the dim light still visible from Natasha's spell and trusts in Salt and Khol's vision. He does ready to cast light in case anything appears or the terrain turns dangerous.


After a long, slow and cautious tread down the narrow path, the party reaches the still flickering orbs of Natasha's spell unharmed.

The bridge is still a ways a half-mile

All is still, the only sound that of the party, and Sandswift's worried whinnying.

Natasha's familiar remains tense and alert, but has no reactions like the one at the campsite.


Male Human Summoner 5 (Init +2; Perception -2; HP 2/43; AC 17, FF 15, Touch 12, Saves F+3/+5, R+3/+5, W+2/+4 all +2 if within Elreem's reach.)

Razan waves an accusing finger at his companions, "Aieeee! If any of you just unleashed the smell of death own up now, we will understand - trail rations are terrible."

But as he speaks his shining lance remains poised and Elreem moves to the fore of the group scanning the darkness intently.

"I guess if nothing leaps out we give the village a quick once over. But watch out for our foes claws, for I fear we are facing the terrifying undead pussy. COME ON YOU FETID LOSER AT LIFE, I'M DELICIOUS!"


Stats:
AC 10/10/10, HP 28/28, F+5 R+2 W+8, Init +3, Per +14

"It could also be the plague. Let us be wary in our investigation." Zahur continues to move forward cautiously with Razan and Elreem.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

"Luces pendantes saltantes inflammo," Natasha chants in a terse tone of voice, and she conjures more lights, sending them out to their maximum range as she had done with the previous ones -- but this time, she makes them travel outwards from the group.

Another helping of Dancing Lights, to light up our surroundings.


Male Human Bard (Arcane Duelist) 4 |Init +5 |Perc +7| HP 35| AC: 21 T:15 FF:17 | Saves F +4/R +9/W +5|

"Razan, shut up," Khol said off-handedly.

"Good people!" He called into the village, "We have come investigating a death on the outskirts of Duwwor! Could you assist us please?" He looked into the darkness and glanced to at the others.

"Spread out and be ready, I'd rather we not end up surrounded."


Male Human Summoner 5 (Init +2; Perception -2; HP 2/43; AC 17, FF 15, Touch 12, Saves F+3/+5, R+3/+5, W+2/+4 all +2 if within Elreem's reach.)

Razan places a hand to his mouth and stage whispers,

"Aieeeee, culprit identified!" Grinning, even as Elreem sighs.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

"No," Natasha snaps. "Do not spread out, stay close in. Harder to outflank us that way, and if we need to run, we can do it as a group from the get-go."

Natasha goes into Snake Style-stance, insofar as she can while sitting on a horse. Perception check to look/listen/scent for danger: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18.


Stats:
AC 10/10/10, HP 28/28, F+5 R+2 W+8, Init +3, Per +14

Zahur hisses, "I agree with Natasha. There is something wrong here Khol. There should have been lights earlier." As Natasha's lights cover more ground, Zahur looks from side to side, sure that trouble is closing in...or has already struck.
Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32


Khol's voice sounds out across the lake, and echoes dance along the rocky cliffs.

As the distorted imitations of his words fade to nothing, and the oppressive silence of this place returns.

Natasha, the orbs created have to maintain a 10 foot radius to each other, as such, please amend your spell usage and clarify where they'll be going.


Female Human Wizard 5; Init. +1; Senses Perception +2; AC 13 (+1 Armor, +1 Dex., +1 natural); hp 28; Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4

In that case, Natasha makes them do a clockwise circuit around the group, sending them to illuminate whatever she is currently looking at, maximum range while still within the village.

151 to 200 of 969 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Corvus' The Wages of Immortality All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.