Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Corvus' Carrion Crown PBP (Inactive)

Game Master CorvusRed

United by the death of a common friend and teacher, five heroes must face the horrors of Ustalav's past.


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,308 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Iesha - I may be mistaken, but shouldn't your Cure spells be 1d8 +2, if you're second level?

"I can heal everyone here, save Iesha, once this day, as well. But I agree; let's see if we can at least investigate this floor, and then retire for the day and see if we can lay hands on some potions.

I suspect nothing more can come from an examination of this room; shall we check the next?"


While the pain subsides for both Iesha and Peredur, the brand remains, both now carry the mark of Harrowstone, as did the prisoners of old.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur fails to stifle a scream as the brand sears his neck. "Aaarghh! Damnation, haunts, 'twas not we who mistreated you so! No, Talia...though th' thing may be empty, we've bought th' right to look in yon desk with our pain, and I mean to do th' thing."

Still rubbing the mark on his neck, the ranger searches the desk and takes a quick look at the brazier as well.

Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Clearly the pain is still distracting him....


The desk is bare, and the rest of the room the same, but for the overturned brazier and the now scattered brands.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur looks disgusted. "Naught but scars for our pains. Let's move on."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

"Sounds good. Continue around the hall, then?"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

"Aye, let's."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha nods and follows, wondering what piece of equipment will attack them next.


The next door in line, further up the corridor proves to be somewhat stubborn to the idea of opening. thankfully it does not appear to be particularly solid.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

"Shall we try and force this one open? I'm not overly strong, but I can try to help someone else. Unless anyone thought to bring a crowbar, or something?"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur checks the door for anything untoward before attempting to break it down.

Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

STR check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Talia attempts to help Peredur...

STR check (Aid): 1d20 ⇒ 11


The door lurches under the combined effort and swings inward.

Tangled mounds of moth-eaten fabric sit on several wooden tables, each surrounded by workbenches. Various sewing tools--shears, needles, rolls of thread, boxes of chalk and other objects lie scattered over the floor.

What appears to be a skeletal arm protrudes from a stained heap of fabrics.

Several of the small barred windows seen before line the wall.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur slowly advances into the room, sword out and shield up, ready for a storm of needles or other attack.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha follows, cautiously checking out the room for hidden hazards.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Perception 20:

An uneven pattern in the stonework of the north wall in this room must clearly mark a secret passage.

No assault of sewing equipment meets the party's entrance, just a silent room.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Peredur prods at the piles of moldering fabric with one boot, still alert for attacks. (But not alert enough, eh?)


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"There's some sort of secret door to the north."

Iesha walks over and traces the pattern she sees to show it to the rest of the group.


"You are much overdue, I must say. But all the same, I am glad that the new guards are finally here..." a woman's voice comes from the pile of rages, followed by a ghostly figure.

In life she had been quite lovely, but in death she is but a pale reflection. A tattered dress hangs about her, her skin now bluish, her eyes pale white orbs, and whisps of smoke escaping from her lips.

She floats over the lump of cloth and watches the party expectantly.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Talia glances at the others for their reaction. "At least it's not attacking us. Yet..." She turns to address the spirit.

"Who are you, spirit? And why were new guards requested?"


"Vesorianna Hawkran. Do you not see the state of this prison? Those imprisoned here strain for freedom and without my husband I am all but helpless to prevent this."

The duress in her voice is matched by the expression on her face--pain and frustration, loss and grief.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"What happened here, Lady Hawkran? The more we know, the more help we can be."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

A myriad of questions churning through his head, Peredur asks one nearly at random. "What's become of your husband, that he can't help you?"


"My husband is gone. For all these years since... since the fire, he has been there... just out of reach, trapped below but keeping the rest trapped as well. And then they came, men in women in black robes, speaking only in whispers. They worked foul magics, and I felt my very being ripped apart... but it passed and I remained. They left, and I could no longer feel my husband's presence. I have done what I can to contain the prisoners without him, but my power wanes as theirs grows..."

"You are the new guards yes? Here to help restore order amongst the prisoners?"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

The ranger looks around at the others, then nods slowly. "Aye, it's thinking I am that we are. But we're not knowing what's to be done here; can you tell us?"


"I am glad you are here, the cowards you are replacing did naught but lock me in this room, thinking it would keep me safe." She holds up a translucent hand and examines it wistfully.

"Five spirits there are, malignant things that need be destroyed. When done I can keep them from manifesting again. With a symbol of my husband's office over the prison, his badge, I think, I can banish them from Harrowstone for good."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"Five malignant spirits? What can you tell us about them? Do they have weaknesses we can exploit?"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

"Th' five new ones, I'm thinking? Th' Spl--" He stops suddenly and looks around. "Best not to speak th' names now, mayhap. We know somewhat of these."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

"And what badge do you speak of? Do you know where it is?"


"there were objects kept here, of value to the five prisoners. They could prove helpful in defeating them... though they are evil things, steeped in the violence and death that brought their owners here. The property room is in the south east of the prison, on this floor. But they were kept under tight security."

"I too know somewhat of them, and I can provide any info if you need."

"My husband's badge. A shining gold star he wore in life with all the authority of his office. He looked so handsome with it upon his chest..." Grief thickens her voice, and whisps of smoke escape from her eyes now... a ghastly reflection of the tears of the living.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha shudders in sympathy. "We will do what we can. If, no, when we clear this place, will you be able to pass on as well?"


"With my husband's duty done, I will not remain. But until the spirits are banished I dare not forsake his duty."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"Please, then, tell us what you can of the five. We would much rather face them prepared. And if you could give us any other guidance about this place, that might help as well. We've..." here she looks at her new brand "already encountered necromantic hazards and curses. Can you give us any clues as to dealing with or avoiding those as well?"


"I am bound to this room. What lies beyond I know not in specific, just the five spirits I mentioned. I am sorry."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha nods. "Then, thank you for what information you can and have given us. You said the property room holds items we can use against them? And you need your husband's badge as well. We will do our best to locate it. Please, just be patient for a little longer."

She considers what they've been told. "Is there anything else you can tell us about those people who took your husband's spirit?"


"Clad in black robes and speaking only in whipsers they came. Their dread ritual tore my husband from this place... from me." She falls silent for many moments.

"One night, another happened upon their workings... and they killed him. Their leader, a man wearing a vest shaped from human bones, carrying a staff topped with a skull bound by a black cloth; he struck the poor man down with fell magic. They crushed his head afterwards to make it look accidental."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Talia looks grave, frowning at the spirit's words.

"Thank you for this information. We will do our best to aid you and put this place to rights."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

"Aye. Wish us luck, lady, for it's into th' darkness we're faring."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"Thank you for that information. In striking him down they have sown the seeds of their own destruction. He was a friend and his death drew us here. We will avenge both him and your husband."

The priestess of Shelyn looks unusually somber. "The Eternal Rose beleives all can be redeemed. Still, htere are those who's redemption can only come with death. Let us find them and send them to Pharasma's judgement. Starting with freeing this prison of its tortured souls."


"Be careful. If you need a place to rest you can return here."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

"Might I suggest our first course of action is to find the storage room, and see what these items are about, and how we might best use them?"


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"Thank you for the offer, Lady Hawkram. We'll probably take you up on it."

She turns to Talia. "Yes, let's find those items. Anything we can use against these spirits is to our advantage."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

"Sounds good. Lady Hawkram, we shall return with news. Let's go and find this storage room..."


Another map!

The party carefully backtracks to the first room of the prison.

Possible routes: North, West, E, East door 2double door, east single door. Please note, when facing the doors, the double door is the left, the single is on the right. or in terms of the map, the top door is the double, the lower is the single.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Assuming that the first room of the prison is the one in the lower RH corner of the current map:

"I'm thinking to take th' door directly opposite th' entrance, on th' north wall."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"All right, let's see where that goes."


The north reveals a long hall with several doors.

At the far end a pair of double doors. Along the right wall, two more sets of double doors.

On the left, a single door close, and another at the very end of the wall.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"I don't think this leads to the storeroom the ghost mentioned. Do we want to check it out or look for the storeroom?"


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

"I'm unsure. Though if I remember the Lady's words correctly, the storage room will be to our right somewhere. Actually, I think we should find that first, then decide if we wish to pursue exploration of this floor further."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

"Aye, best we start by finding th' storeroom. Though we may be after needing to learn more of th' five miscreant spirits 'fore we can use what we find, I'm fearing."

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,308 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Corvus' Carrion Crown PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.