Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Corvus' Carrion Crown PBP (Inactive)

Game Master CorvusRed

United by the death of a common friend and teacher, five heroes must face the horrors of Ustalav's past.


851 to 900 of 2,308 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

female Half-elf Cleric-4

Note; partially revised Round 8 action: Iesha will move as close to the sheriff as possible. If possible after that Iesha will Channel Energy to heal the sheriff before going back to dousing the fires.

Channel_Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Round 8:

Crouching low to stay below the worst of the smoke in the room, Peredur hustles down the aisle along the outside wall to the nearest fire (move to B10) and trying to smother the flames between him and the sheriff (C11).

Smother attempt: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 8:

Seeing that the fire next to her has been put out, Talia moves down the center isle to help with the rest of the blaze.

Double move to G10


Iesha, as far as you can tell, Caeller has not been damaged by the fire... yet.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

OK, then if I have an action left Create Water.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Luckily for all involved, Iesha's create water has a 30' range.


just pick a square, any square


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Good point Peredur.

I move to B9 and Create Water on D11.


ROUND 8

dm screen:

1d3 ⇒ 31d8 ⇒ 3
1d2 ⇒ 11d8 ⇒ 1

Peredur moves closer to help Caeller, but cannot beat back the flames surrounding him.

Alzano similarly makes little headway. Iesha's create water spell opens up a route out for the sheriff, and Aleksandr continues his fight agains the fire with Alzano, extinguishing some of the spreading flame.
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Caeller tries desperately to clear the fire, and does so. He then moves away from the still spreading flame.
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

End round 8

ROUND 9

The fire spreads, leaping violently at Peredur, who manages to avoid them. Reflex Save, DC 15 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 the Pews near Alzano and Aleksandr continue to immolate.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Round 9: I cast Create Water on B10, the spot where peredur is standing.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 9:

Talia steps lightly between the pews, batting at the flames once more.

Move to H9. CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Unable to quench the fire, she wipes sweat from her brow, weariness and heat beginning to take its toll...


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Round 9:

With a yell, the ranger jumps out of the spreading flames (5' step to C10), just before Iesha's conjured deluge quenches them in a rush of steam and ash. He nods gratefully to the cleric before redoubling his own firefighting efforts.

Smother attempt on C11 again: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Round 9

"You got this one covered, Aleksandr!"

Alzano moves into the pews (J7) to try to prevent the fire there from spreading any further.

CMB vs. I8 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


ROUND 9

Peredur, Iesha and Alzano all manage to smother their respsective fires. Caeller as well.

Talia and Aleksandr have less luck.

A lone citizen appears at the front door, holding a bucket of water.

"Here! Take it!" he holds it out.

DM screen:

1d3 ⇒ 1
1d2 ⇒ 21d5 ⇒ 1
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

END OF ROUND 9

BEGINNING OF ROUND 10
The stubborn fires continue to spead, though victory is so close for the heroes.


using a bucket is an auto success against a burning square. taking a bucket from a citizen will be a swift action.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Round 10:

"At last!" Peredur rushes towards the proffered bucket, grabs it, and pushes past Sheriff Caellar on his way to douse the fire in the corner. "Sheriff, get to th' other side and help Alzano!"

Diagonal move to D-11 (2 squares for first diagonal in difficult terrain), diagonal move to E-12 (2 squares for second diagonal), take bucket, move to D-12, move to C-12, dump water on B-12.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 10:

Seeing the citizen with the bucket of water, Talia grins. "Pharasma bless you!," she yells. Talia dashes over to him, grabs the handle, and moves back to where she was, tossing the water onto the fire. (I9)


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Round 10:
Iesha will cast Create Water on B-11, hopefully clearing that side of the building.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 10, Amended: (As Peredur is quicker than I)

Seeing Peredur race to the bucket, Talia attempts to bat out the flames with her soon-to-be ruined cloak.

CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Round 10

Alzano catches sight of the citizen with the bucket and figures that someone closer to the entrance would be better to use it to put out a fire. "Heh... the bloody sheep're finally doing something to save their own cursed village..."

He moves to the fire near the wall (to K8) to keep it from spreading.

CMB vs. K9 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


ROUND 10

Successes all around, as the heroes smother the last of the fires. The Smokey air clings to the ceiling of the town hall, but the flames have been smothered.

Kendra and Caeller share a relieved expression, and the lone citizen at the end of the bucket line turns to the assembled people outside and lets out a cheer of victory.

"The hall has been saved!"

The cheer is echoed by the assembled, and what had been terror, is replaced by relief, if only temporarily.

Caeller coughs a few times and croaks:

"Your adoring public awaits... friends." He turns and exits, gesturing you to follow.

Kendra smiles at each of you in turn.

"My father would be most proud of all of you. Bravely done, my friends."

out of combat (at last)


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur wipes his grimy face with an equally sooty hand. "It were an honor to be able to help." Coughing, the ranger follows the sheriff out. If any of the townsfolk outside still have full buckets, Peredur will take one to rinse his mouth first and then cool his head. "My thanks. A mite warm in there, it were."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"Phew. Anyone hurt? And I'd like a drink of that, too, please."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Talia glances about wearily, before looking at her cloak in disgust. "I'm going to need a new cloak. A pity. I liked this one."

Coughing from the fumes, she walks out the doors, also searching to see if anyone needs aid.

"I'm glad we could help," she says to Caeller and Kendra. "And I'm fair sure I, too, could use some water. And a good night's sleep..."


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Alzano wipes his sweat-drenched face to clear the dust and smoke from his eyes, leaving black streaks from his ash-covered hands and arms. "If the fools try to drive us out with their torches and pitchforks now, I just might run them through with my sword." Despite the statement, his expression is one of relief as he heads out of the building.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

"Aleksandr, are you OK? Do you want something to drink as well?"


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur passes the bucket to Iesha as she emerges, then nods in agreement at Talia's comment. "Mine also. Though they went in a fine cause, they did."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha will use her remaining Channel Energys to heal anyone who needs it.


A few of the injured townspeople gratefully receive Iesha's healing, but generally--miraculously--no one is seriously hurt.

the council conferrs with the Sheriff for several minutes, as the citizenry mill about nervously. The heroes are given a wide berth for the most part, though occasionally sincere and warm thanks are offered to the party.

Soon, Hearhtmount climbs the steps to the townhall and calls for order.

"Friends... we are indeed beset by a malevolence the likes of which we cannot hope to overcome on our own. The council and I have agreed to hire these five heroes to confront this evil that holds us in it's sway."

Hearthmount strides down the stairs and straight to the party.

"Five hundred gold, apiece, to set this thing to rest. You've proven yourselves capable. Now see this through, save these people and this town. I know you can."


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

"Heh. First they're ready to turn on us, now they're paying us to do their work. Ah well, gold is gold, and gods know I'm not one to turn that down."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

"Accepted. It's our best you'll be getting." The half-elf catches Alzano's eye and nods slightly, once. "'Twill be quite th' job, I'm thinking. There'll be no objections, should we need to look aught else up in th' town's records, I trust?"


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha nods. "Thank you. Of course we'll help."


Hearthmount nods to Peredur.

"Whatever you need, just ask. Our records are open to you." With that, he moves back to the other councilmembers and they continue to speak among themselves.

Kendra sighs.

"So you will be returning to the prison then? At least wait until tomorrow..."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

The ranger nods. "Though it's to th' prison we'll be going, best done while th' sun's in th' sky. Too, there's something to be done first, I'm thinking. A favor I would ask of Father Grimburrow for us all, 'fore we essay Harrowstone again."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha nods. "The source seems to be the prison, so that's where we need to combat it. Still, we need to make certain preparations first."


"Is there any way I can assist with the preparations? Anything you need, pleae ask."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

"Yes, preparations and a good night's sleep will not go amiss. And thank you, Kendra, for your offer.

"Peredur, I believe Father Grimburrow is over there, if you'd like to speak to him before we head back to Kendra's place. And, if there's research we ought to do this evening, we might wish to check the records sooner than later."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

This is still the same day we went to Harrowstone, right? Busy day.

"It's thinking I am that th' good Father may wish to speak in a more private setting, but we can arrange that now. After that I'm for some rest 'fore we do more digging."

If Father Grimburrow is indeed in the area, Peredur will make his way over to speak with the cleric.


Grimburrow greets the ranger with a solem nod. He traces the spiral signal of Pharasma over his chest and intones, in that deep voice that does not fit his gnomish heritage:

"Pharasma blesses you and your friends this day. I have been told that your actions this day saved many from a fiery death, and worse. The town's gratitude you have, as well as mine."

"If you are to root out the problem at Harrowstone, you will need to be preapred. Come to the temple tomorrow, we can provide you with holy water if you need, and I will be leading a morning prayer asking Pharasma to aid you in your holy quest, and she will guide you to see it through, I am sure. Join us at dawn. Your friends are welcome, faithful or not."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

"Thank you for th' blessing, Father. We'll be there." Peredur leans a little closer to the wizened cleric and whispers,

To Father Grimburrow:
"It's thinking I am that one of my companions is somehow become a way for th' Harrowstone ghosts to enter th' town. Have you aught of help to give?"

Edited to put whispered text behind spoiler.


keep whispers to npcs and other pcs in spoilers if you'd please.

Whispered to Peredur:

"Bring this person to the church on the morrow, we will examine them then.


The crowd dissapates as nigth time sets in, while many appear relieved, most seeem to face the darkness with a well-worn trepidation, reinforced by recent events.

Zolkar claps Alzano on the back and smiles, invincible. "You come tonight, we celebrate and drink yes? Bring your friends, no cahrge for the heroes!"

go out and party, or go back and sleep!


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha, though exhausted, will join the party.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Talia is interested in having a drink and meeting the locals, if only for a few hours, as sleep weighs heavily upon her....


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Peredur will also go along to the party. "Water is good, but I'm after wanting a bit more after th' trials of th' day. Kind thanks, Master Zolkar."


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Alzano flinches as the man (who's Zolkar?) touches him. "Yeah, sure... can't pass up a free drink."


Zokar is the owner of the other local tavern, The Laughing Demon. You have dined here previously.

Zokar leads the party there with a friendly arm around Kendra's shoulders, sounding with brash laughter.

When you enter the Laughing Demon's Common Room, Zokar bellows:

"Alya, a round of liquid ghosts for Kendra and her friends, the heroes!" the pretty young girl does as bid, placing a mug of ale in front of each of you. Kendra and Zokar drink deeply; relief showing on the woman's face when she places her mug back on the table.

A few more locals straggle in, all exhausted and frightened looking. They too are treated to a mug of beer.

"IF you hunger, we can feed you. Also free of charge tonight," Zokar grins, gesturing at the menu board hanging from the wall, unchanged from your last visit.

TONIGHT'S MEALS
Vampire Steaks
Wolfballs
Corpse Chowder
Brain Salad


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Alzano drinks his ale slowly, thankful to relieve his dry throat and mouth. Glancing at the menu, he orders the only thing that doesn't really remind him of everything that's happened, "Uh... wolfballs for me, I guess."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha looks through the list, chuckles and says "Vampire Steaks for me, then."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Sipping her ale, Talia peruses the menu of options, smiling in delight. "I, too, shall partake in the Vampire Steaks! Quite rare, if you please..." Talia grins at Zokar.

She takes another sip, and allows her muscles to relax from the harrowing stress of the day.

851 to 900 of 2,308 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Corvus' Carrion Crown PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.