Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Corvus' Carrion Crown PBP (Inactive)

Game Master CorvusRed

United by the death of a common friend and teacher, five heroes must face the horrors of Ustalav's past.


801 to 850 of 2,308 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

I'm back. Just in time, it seems.

Round 1:

Status:

HP: 19/19 AC: 17 Conditions: None

Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

The tall half-elf blanches, staring aghast at Talia, before the fires erupt. First the townsfolk, then deal with the witch. He sprints to C-5, shouting "Make way, man!" If need be, he'll pull the villager in that square back the way he came (to D-5, encouraging him or her to run away) and try to pull the villager at B-4 from the fire if he can.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha will move to F3 and cast Create Water on the fire there.

"Everyone, calm down and move to the doors! Once out, start a bucket brigade from the well."

She turns to the councilmembers.

"Get your people outside and organized to fight this. See if someone can fetch the priests from the temple to help fight this with more create water spells."


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Talia shakes her head, mumbling about evil spirits.

"Yes, everyone outside! Move to the center of the room, away from the fires!"

She moves towards the nearest townsperson (J4) and pulls her from out of the flames, (K4) towards the isle (I5) if possible.

Edited to get rid of Healing Hex, as that's two standard actions. Sorry...:)


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Perception DC 15 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

"Oh bloody hells!" Alzano lurches out of his seat as a burst of flame erupts to his right. He takes a quick step forward (to J5) and grabs the citizen out of the fire. He shoots a glare up to the councilmembers, "Do something? Can the scary outsiders be trusted to help your ungrateful, little town?"


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

As Alzano goes before Talia, if he pulls the citizen out of the flames, Talia will attempt to put the fire out with her cloak or anything else she can grab to douse the flames (tapestry or window drapes or something).

CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17


dm screen:

b4 1d8 ⇒ 2
b11 1d8 ⇒ 3
k11 1d8 ⇒ 6

The party springs in to action as panic races through the crowd: Peredur's quick thinking saves a poor townsperson from a fiery death, for sure. He pulls the now unconcious- man free.

Kendra moves toward the back of the retreating citiznery, attempting to calm them into moving in an orderly manner. This is completely hopeless. The crowd panics and surges forward, leaving the fallen to their fates.

Alzano yanks another hapless citizen free, and Iesha smothers one of the fires with magical water. Her pleas for order, however are not noticed. Attempts to direct the crowd will be a full round action and will require diplomacy or intimidation.

Aleksandr follows Alzano and Peredur's examples and pulls another one of the people to safety. Talia's quick thinking leads her to beating another one of the fires down with her cloak.

As the crowd moves hurridly to the exit, clogging the way after maybe a dozen citizens make their way outside. Caeller attempts weakly to control the tide of people.

The remaining fires spread, the stage now partially englufed, and the benches near Aleksandr have caught fire.

back to the top of the order with ROUND TWO


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Are there any windows in the room?


A few. There are four on each wall, but they are rather thin (too small to fit a person through.) Two windows on the walls behind the stage are high up on the wall as well, though they are small as well.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Talia quickly reaches down to the unconscious citizen next to her, healing energy pouring forth and bringing her around. "Quickly, Talia says to her, "make for the exit. And stay away from the fire!"

Healing Hex: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Talia then moves towards the fire at the other end of the stage, (D4) hoping that her cloak can once again be of use.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

The map isn't showing as updated yet.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)
Peredur ap Erevel wrote:
The map isn't showing as updated yet.

I had the same problem. At the bottom of the page are sheets, one labeled Round2. :)


there are tabs on the bottom, sorry, please bring your attention to tab marked ROUND 2!


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Thanks--I'd missed that.

Round 2:

Peredur picks up the unconscious villager and moves away from the fire, looking around for any other exits from the room.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha will move to D3 and once again cast Create Water, this time on C3.


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

With the crowd between Alzano and any other fires, he looks around with disdain at the panicked crowd. "We're never gonna make it out of here if these idiots don't move..."

He raises his hands to his mouth and shouts over the crowd, "Calm down, you fools, or you'll get us all killed! Stop panicking and sharpen up or I'll bloody murder you myself to get out!"

Intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 oh ffs...


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Round 3: Iesha will step to the podium and try to get the crowd moving.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Everyone, move quickly and calmly to the doors! Get a bucket brigade going and someone send for Father Grimburrow and his acolytes to help put this out. We'll hold the fort until then. Move!"


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Alzano spares a sidelong glare at the charismatic half-elf. :P


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha monitors the crowd and the fires from the podium, checking to see where and how the fire is spreading. She then calls to her group.

"Try smothering the fires with tapistries from the walls. Try to stablize the unconsious victims and get them out as fast as possible. I'll keep dousing any fires I can reach."


DM screen:

1d8 ⇒ 5
1d8 ⇒ 6
1d8 ⇒ 2
init 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Round Three

As Peredur moves with his unconscious Burden toward the door, Councilman Hearthmont grabs the citizen from the ranger with a grateful nod, moving to the door with the help of the rest of the council.

The calm is shattered when the small windows in behind the stage explode inward, and two flaming floating skulls swoop in to the room, cackling madly, hovering over the crowd.

Kendra moves to Alzano's side as he tries desperately to goad the crowd into moving. His words fall on deaf ears as he chokes on the smoke that is rapidly filling the building.

Aleksandr and Caeller move one of the unconscious townspeople out the door, and turn to fight the fires and foes.

Talia heals the wounded man, who leaps up and races to the exit, she then moves across the room to help with the fires.

Iesha's calming word have a strong effect on the crowd, who file out in an almost timely fashion. the crowd moves at double speed this turn, many more file out than before


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Round 3:

Knowledge (religion) to obtain information about the skulls, assuming they're undead (includes favored enemy bonus): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Action taken will depend on what (if anything) is learned about them.


Knowledge religion dc 15[/spoiler:

Created from the severed heads of the dead, they usually function as sentinels and are mindless, driven only by the dark magics that animate them to hunt and kill the living. They are not usually known to wander far afield.


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Are the '@' symbols the skulls?


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

And are they close enough to the ground to be attacked with normal reach weapons?


female Half-elf Cleric-4

KN: Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"What the...?

Round 4: Iesha will Channel energy to harm undead on the closest one.

Channel_Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Talia attempts to put out the fire (C3), cursing under her breath as she sees the floating, flaming heads burst into the room.

CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

"One threat at a time, please", she mutters.

Seeing that her cloak is starting to smolder, she moves towards the unconscious citizen, ready to get him back on his feet and away from the burning skull. (E4)


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Round 4:

Status:

HP: 19/19 AC: 17 Conditions: None

If Peredur is able to reach it from ground level, he'll move (to F-4) to attack the closest skull.

To hit (including favored enemy bonus): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Round 5: If that takes it out, she'll go back to dousing fires with create water. If not, she'll channel again.


Yes, Alzano, the @ are skulls.

DM screen:

fire
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d8 ⇒ 2
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d8 ⇒ 7
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d8 ⇒ 4

round 4

AS the fires continue to spread, Peredur moves to meet the new foe, but his swing barely misses. The skull swoops around the half elf and dives at Talia, but misses badly--thankfully.

attack roll1d20 ⇒ 6

The second skull moves for Alzano, but the nimble rogue makes dodging it look easy.

attack roll1d20 ⇒ 3

Alzano's action will go here for round 4

Iesha's channel washes over the skull, but the fear, the stress, something... keeps her from focusing enough energy to douse the hellish thing. -1hp to the skull

will save1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Talia's attempts at dousing the fire with her cloak, interrupted by the skull, prove fruitless.

Aleksandr uses his own cloak to smother the flames.
CMB1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

The crowd, seeing the skulls now, goes back to panicking and the few remaining press toward the exit.

Alzano needs to declare for round four, and might as well post for round five as well. We are back to the top of the order, and things are getting... [isert fire related pun here]


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 5:

Giving out a slight "Eek!" at being nearly bitten by the attacking skull, Talia's eyes flash suddenly. She reaches out to the undead thing, her hand glowing with blue, healing energy.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Healing Hex: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

(If the fiend attacks Talia again and does more than 7 damage, Talia will use the healing hex on herself...) :)

Talia then lithely steps away from the flames. (E5)


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Round 5:

Status:

HP: 19/19 AC: 17 Conditions: None

"Iesha, talk th' people out again. I'll see to th' foe!" Suiting action to words, the ranger lines up his shot carefully as the skull swoops by and brings his longsword around in a lethal arc, landing a solid blow on the creature.

To hit (including favored enemy bonus): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27

To confirm (including favored enemy bonus): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23

Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 2 = 7

Additional Crit Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Round 4
After deftly dodging out of the way of the skull, Alzano draws his rapier and shortsword. "What are these things?!" He thrusts his weapon at the creature to try to bring it down.

Rapier vs. skull 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21; confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22... what is this? what is going on?
Damage 1d6 + 2 + 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 + (6) + 2 = 14

Alzano feels slightly better about himself.

Round 5
If the skull's dead, I'll try and put out a fire or something. Otherwise...

Alzano strikes with both of his weapons in a flurry of steel.

Rapier vs. skull 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Short sword vs. skull 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15; Damage? 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Update on my round 5: Still channel if any skulls are still there, otherwise, I'll take Peredur's advice and try to keep the crowd moving.

Channel_Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Everyone, keep moving! We've got these things under control."


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Iesha glares in frustration at the spreading flames. She desperately wants to go back to putting them out before the building is lost, but saving the citizens is far more important.


DM screen:

1d4 ⇒ 31d8 ⇒ 5
1d4 ⇒ 21d8 ⇒ 4
1d3 ⇒ 11d8 ⇒ 1

Last action of round 4:

Alzano's counter attack is devestating, the flying thing shatters into pieces, which burn way to ash before they even reach the floor.

Round 5

The fires continue to spread, the west side of the hall growing steadily more and more inflamed.

Peredur, with all haste and impressive skill, dispatches the second skull, seconds after Alzano finishes off his.

Kendra moves to the exit following the council. Caeller moves to fight the fires consuming the back left corner, attempting to smother with his cloak. 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Alzano's round 5 will go here, dont forget to roll a CMB check to put out the fire.

Iesha tries once more to propel the crowd, but coughing and sputtering from the smoke prevents her words from carrying.

Aleksandr continues fighting the fires succesfully: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Talia can ammend her fifth round action, as her foe was so duly smited.

the last remaining townspeople flee, leaving the councilmembers, aiding the wounded man.


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 4, Amended:

Talia attempts to put out the fire closest to her (C4)

CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Turning in frustration at the flames, she yells, "Is there a fire brigade around? We could use some water buckets about now!"

She then steps away from the fire (E4) fearing she may be combustible...


female Half-elf Cleric-4

For round 6 Iesha will move next to the closest fire square and douse it with Create Water.


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Round 5 (Amended)

Surprised at his sudden effectiveness in combat, Alzano takes a couple seconds to gather himself before moving to the fire on the right side of the hall (K8). He beats at the flames to keep them from spreading.

CMB 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Round 6

Alzano continues to try to put out the fire.

CMB 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Now those are the rolls I'm used to seeing!


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Round 6:

With the townsfolk mostly safe and the immediate foes slain, Peredur turns his attention to the fire closest to him.

Smothering flames with cloak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 5:

With Peredur at her side, Talia once more tries to stifle the flames and prevent their spreading.

CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Before stepping out of the way to avoid catching fire herself.

"Anyone know how closely is the nearest source of water? Unless we get help soon, this building is in trouble. My attempts at smothering appear futile, at best!"


Talia, what will you do for round six?

dm screen:

1d5 ⇒ 3
1d8 ⇒ 4

1d4 ⇒ 2
1d8 ⇒ 3

1d3 ⇒ 2
1d8 ⇒ 2


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Oh, sorry. Thought we were still in Round 5

Talia continues trying to put out the flames as best she can, the smoke stinging her eyes.

CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Her face grim, she glances around, hoping to see a way past the flames, in case they become overwhelming.


Round 6

The fires spread, but the heroes manage to keep many of them reigned in. Peredur, Iesha and Talia in particular make headway against the fire they are fighting.

dm screen:

Aleksandr
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Caeller
1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Alzano joins Aleksandr in trying to contain their fire, but only Aleksandr makes any real headway. Caeller too is near overwhelmed by the fire he is fighting against.

Kendra stands at the front door now, the room having emptied of all but the heroes, the sheriff and her.

"Be careful friends! We have not saved the hall just yet..." She looks outside. "A brigade is forming, do not give up!


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

Round 7:

Peredur wipes the smoke and sweat from his face, coughing, and advances over the still-smoldering floor to put out the flames closest to him (move to C5, attempt to put out fire at B5). Sheriff's about to get cut off...I'll have to get to him as soon as this one's out.

Smothering flames with cloak: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Round 7: Move to C3 (if open) Create Water on B3.

"Do you think the two of you can handle this spot? If so, I can move to one of the other fire spots."


Male Half-Elf Ranger 4 (Urban Ranger archetype)| Init +5|Perc +14/+16 for undead| HP 36/36| Saves F +6/R +7/W +3; +4 vs. ench.

"Aye. Save th' sheriff--th' damned fool's too close to th' fire."


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Alzano continues to combat the fire, trying to prevent it from spreading further.

CMB 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Changeling Witch 4; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (+9 - Kieli); Fort: +2; Ref: +3; Will: +4 (+2 vs Fear)

Round 7

Talia nods to Iesha before moving forward, batting the flames with her smouldering cloak. (B4)

CMB: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

She then scans the room, seeing where the fires are the worst and she can best be of help.


female Half-elf Cleric-4

Round 8: Iesha will take a double move to get as close as possible to d10 or where ever it spread.


ROUND 7:

I've been kind of uneven in the srpeading of the fire, I should be adding it to the map last instead of first. It's still worked out ok, but mea culpa and all that, it will be corrected henceforth.

dm screen:

1d5 ⇒ 3
1d8 ⇒ 4

1d2 ⇒ 1
1d8 ⇒ 8

Talia, Iesha and Peredur smother the last of the fire in their corner.

Alzano makes headway as well, Aleksandr fares not so well.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Caeller fights as well, coughing and hacking through the smoke, not noticing that it has spread around him, trapping him. Kendra shouts an alarm over the roar of the flame.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Start of Round 8


Male Human (Varisian) Rogue (burglar, cutpurse) 2

Round 8

Alzano can just make out the sherrif through the smoke and fire, but seeing that it would take some time to clamber over the benches he continues to focus on the nearby fire. (Move to K9)

CMB vs. K10 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

801 to 850 of 2,308 << first < prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Corvus' Carrion Crown PBP All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.