Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Cobalt's Unshackled City

Game Master Craig Mercer

Our heroes are based in Cauldron, the northernmost city in Varisia. There they try to survive missions for the city, intriques, and maybe even save the world... or maybe not.


401 to 450 of 1,361 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

Rogar grins and charges headstrong towards the owlbear taking up front, he holds his enchanted Cudgel high as it swoops down upon his foe.

Rogar will charge the owlbear moving to O11 in his charge.

Perception(To try and discern the location of the second owlbear.):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 6) + 4 = 16

1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 1 + 1 + 2 = 15

So much for that great damage roll :(


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

hp 19 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 19
AC 13 | touch 13 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 14
Fort +1 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+1 vs charm/fear) | Immune magical sleep
____________________________________________________________________

Round 2 Init 10

Terra draws her bow and arrow and shoots at the owlbear!

Ranged: composite longbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16 (1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 x3) {+2/+1 Bless, Inspire courage}


Trying to figure out Rogar's to Hit and Damage rolls... they don't match what his character sheet says. :(
But with Rogar charging the owlbear, Terra gets a -4 for firing into combat, which makes her miss. :(
Next up is Darian and then Soth-Loren, the NPC flurry, and then back around to the top.

MAP


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Well that didn't work at all..." Darian muttered to himself. Moving forward behind Rogar, he dropped his shield and took a swing over the dwarf's head.

move and power attack
1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 20
2d8 + 9 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8, 5) + 9 + 3 + 1 = 26

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

@DM:To hit=+3 normal, +1 Shillelagh, +1 inspire Courage, +1 bless, +2 charge, +8 total. To Damage: 2d6 Shillelagh, +2 str, +1 Shillelagh, +1 inspire courage. Rogar had readied an action on first sight of enemy's to draw club and cast Shillelagh if you were wondering.


Rogar:
Your math and my math add up the same, but what you posted did not. It should have been +4+1+1+2=+8, but you put down +5+1+1+2=+9. The rest I figured out. Sorry to say, your attack did miss the owlbear.

Darian:
OK, now to refigure out what was done.
Your attack roll is correct, as the bonus Str is canceled by the penalty to hit. You hit just fine.
Damage, on the other hand...
Your greatsword damage is 2d6.
Your weapon enlarged goes to 3d6, not 2d8. Your +damage is correct.
So your damage should be 3d6 + 9 + 3 + 1 total.
Please reroll your damage.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Oops, thanks for the catch. I'll take 3d6 over 2d8 any day

3d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 13 = 26

Facepalm


Darian's swing connects and badly injures the owlbear, causing it to howl with pain...
And the noise from the other creature grows in intensity.


Round 3, Init. 22

Geoff moves up quickly to aid his companions, but also keeps an eye out for the other beast.

actions:
Move action to M-10, standard action to attack Owlbear, Power Attack.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
attack vs Owlbear 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
modifiers (just in case). Normal +8, Power Attack (-1), bless (+1), song (+1)
damage 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

status:

AC 18
hp 22/22

EDIT: Removed fighting defensively as I confused this character with another [this one does not have Crane Style :) ]


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Round 3:
Initiative: 21
HP: 21/21, AC 17

This beast is is rather large... I will have a difficult time tripping it up, I think. Best I just try to bring it down quickly, then. Alanaes steps forward and unleashes a series of punches and kicks, aiming to serious injure the owlbear. One of his kicks lands with a sickening crunch.

5 ft. step to O-13. Then flurry of blows.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Waiting on Soth-Loren to act before pressing on much further.
But here are the actions of the NPCs and the start of Geoff's action.

Zandru moves to the side to try and get a better shot at the owlbear, but decides to hold his fire.

Zenovia continues to sing her song.

Geoff fails to tumble, and the owlbear swipes at him with a claw.
AoO: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

MAP


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

I just realized I forgot to include bless and inspire courage bonuses to my attack and damage rolls. So the first flurry should be an attack roll of 16 and damage of 5. The second was a crit with the confirm attempt being a 9, which I'm sure doesn't confirm. The damage should be 8 for that one.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Round 2, Init = Dead Last
HP: 18, Ac: 12, Touch: 19, Flat Footed: 11

I'll charge the beast, stopping is square N10 to attack. This may also draw an AoO if I need to go from O10 ->N10.

Bastard Sword:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 (Charge, Bless, Inspire)
Damage:1d10 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Catching up, Soth-Loren, you can not charge from where you are, because Darian blocks your Straight line approach.
Please rethink your turn.
Sorry.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Then I guess I'll just double move it, and no AoO.


Soth-Loren moves up, positioning himself to attack the owlbear.
Geoff darts forward, and catches a blow from the owlbear's paw, but manages to strike back.
Alanaes steps forward and strikes twice with his fists, the sounds of snapping bones covered by the pained howls of the owlbear.

But the creature refuses to go down under the onslaught. It reaches out for Alanaes (the closest of its tormenters).

Attack (claw): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Attack (claw): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Attack (bite): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Striking with a claw and the bite...
Damage (claw): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage (bite): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

And then with the claw it tries to hook Alanaes and grab him!
Grab CMB (one-handed): 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (12) - 6 = 6

Out of the forest behind it bursts another owlbear, howling in rage!

Next up is Rogar.

Init:

Init order is:
Geoff
Alanaes
Owlbear
Rogar <---
Terra
Darrian
Soth-Loren
Zandu
Zenovia

MAP


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

This is unlikely to work against such a large beast, but as an immediate action, Alanaes will attempt to trip the owlbear (using his Flowing Monk ability).

Trip: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

If successful, definitely not likely with that roll, the owlbear falls prone. He is also sickened for one round unless he makes a DC 14 Reflex save. Assuming he is not tripped up:

Alanaes attempts to redirect the owlbear's attack in order to bring the large creature down. Unfortunately, his bulk is just too much for Alanaes, and instead he takes two rather nasty wounds. Luckily, he was able to avoid the owlbear's grasp.

HP: 4/21


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

hp 19 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 19
AC 13 | touch 13 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 14
Fort +1 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+1 vs charm/fear) | Immune magical sleep
____________________________________________________________________

Round 3 Init 10

Terra moves to W12 and shoots at the new owlbear e14!

Ranged: composite longbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 (1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3/ x3) {+2/+1 Bless, Inspire courage}

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

Rogar roars as he swings his cudgel at the beast once more.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
2d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 5) + 4 = 15


Rogar's strike proves fatal for the first owlbear, and with a mornful yet unnatural sound it crumples to the ground.

The second owlbear gives an even greater howl of rage, and ignores Terra's attempt to hit it with an arrow, swatting it from the air.

Darian is up next.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

A couple long strides puts Darian near the beast, off to the side so as not to be in the way of his companion's lines of fire. Going to 11/12, E/F

He brings his blade down in a heavy chop.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
3d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 4, 1) + 13 = 19


The spell does not change your speed, and the people in your way precudes a charge.
You can not move to the second owl bear and attack (the squares are 5' squares).
And your base move is only 20' as posted on your character.
Please repost your move.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Crap. Doesn't really matter since I missed anyway. Um, double move and wait?


Thanks.
Next up is Soth-Loren, and then the NPC's.

MAP

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

What are people's HP looking like at this point?


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Alanaes is down to 4 out of 21... He took that all at one time. Ouch!

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Initiative last - HP: 18, (+3 Armor, +1 Dex) Ac: 14, Touch: 11, Flat Footed: 13 Fort: +4, Relf: +1, Will: +6

I'll burn my Prot From Evil for a Cure on Alanaes, moving to his position.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Zandu takes another bowshot at the owlbear, while Zenovia continues to sing.

Zandu's Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 1 = 9
A Miss!

And back to the top of the order for Round 4, with Geoff.

Init:
Init order is:
Geoff <---
Alanaes
Owlbear
Rogar
Terra
Darrian
Soth-Loren
Zandu
Zenovia

MAP


Geoff waits for the Owlbear to get a little closer.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Round 4:
HP: 13/21, AC 21 (17 normally)

Alanaes once again puts himself into the frame of mind to defend himself. He takes a few steps forward as he enters a defensive posture.

I must be as the mountain, solid and unyielding. I must be ready to endure.
I must be as the river, flowing and free. I must be quick and ready to redirect the oncoming attacks.
The river flows around the mountain.

The phrases in his mind are they same he has used since his first lesson in this martial art style.

5-foot step forward (sorry, can't see the map right now) and enter Total Defense (+4 dodge to AC).


As the party waits, the second owlbear decides to attack Darian (since he is so large and close).
It moves at him with a menacing stride, reaching out with a clawed limb to rend him.

Darian gets an AoO from his reach as it closes.
Then the owlbear will attack (assuming it is still alive).
Owlbear attack vs Darian: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Next up is Rogar, or Geoff, since he is on wait.

Init:
Init order is:
Geoff (Wait)
Alanaes
Owlbear
Rogar <--
Terra
Darrian
Soth-Loren
Zandu
Zenovia

MAP


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

AoO: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
3d6 + 13 ⇒ (4, 1, 6) + 13 = 24

Assuming that misses, so I adjusted my HP


Seeing the owlbear attack Darian, Geoff move s up to attack.
With blood seeping from the gash to his side, Geoff winces as he laughs,
"Hits hard, doesn't he."
Geoff then delivers a hard slice to the creature.

actions:

move to H-12
attack Owlbear

attack vs owlbear 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
damage 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

status:

AC 22
hp 13/22

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

If Rogar doesn't kill it, or move into a position that forbids me to, (assuming I can before that), I'll charge and attack on my turn.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

hp 19 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 19
AC 13 | touch 13 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 14
Fort +1 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+1 vs charm/fear) | Immune magical sleep
____________________________________________________________________

Round 4 Init 10

Terra should be at W12 from last rounds actions.

Terra moves to R15 and shoots at the owlbear again!

Ranged: composite longbow 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25 (1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 / x3) {+2/+1 Bless, Inspire courage}

So close to a critical...


In the interests of keeping this moving forward, I'm going to say Rogar waits.

Geoff moves up and attacks, his sword slicing into the owlbear.
Terra moves forward and manages to hit the owlbear with her bow.
(Even with the -4 for it being in combat with a large Darian.)

Next up is Darian.

Init:

Init order is:
Alanaes
Owlbear
Rogar (Wait)
Geoff
Terra
Darrian <--
Soth-Loren
Zandu
Zenovia

MAP


btw, my AC is 18, not 22 (cross posted again)


Bump, with a reminder for Darian that he is up now. If he doesn't respond soon, he goes on wait with Rogar.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Sorry, didn't realize it was back to me already.

Stepping to the side again, Darian takes another mighty swing.

Five foot adjust to 10,11/G,H

attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
damage: 3d6 + 13 ⇒ (6, 3, 5) + 13 = 27


The owlbear is bloodied after Darian's mighty swing, but it is not yet falled to its wounds.

Soth-Loren is up next.

Init:

Init order is:
Alanaes
Owlbear
Rogar (Wait)
Geoff
Terra
Darrian
Soth-Loren <--
Zandu
Zenovia

MAP

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Initiative last - HP: 18, (+3 Armor, +1 Dex) Ac: 12, Touch: 09, Flat Footed: 11 Fort: +4, Relf: +1, Will: +6

I shall charge to H13 and taqke a swing:

Bastard Sword 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage1d10 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Taking his place besides Geoff, Soth-Loren joins the battle, finally, rushing foreward to offer a mighty swing with "Heaven-Shard", the sword that was presented to him in his first quest as a warpriest of Ragathiel, the crusader of heavens.


The owlbear finally falls, as Soth-Loren's blade removes its last remaining life.
Quiet decends upon the woods again, as Zenovia finishes her song.
Zandu walks up, looking at the fallen beasts. "My thanks, friends. If not for you and your courage, I am sure that these monsters would have caused great harm to my caravan."


With a casual flick, Geoff slings the blood off of his blade and then sheathes it with a dramatic flourish.
"It was nothing, I am just happy we could have such a wonderful song to accompany our fight." He says to Zandu as he smiles and bows to Zenova. The casual and flippant stance is somewhat ruined though by Geoff's sudden wince as the wound in his side pains him during the bow.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"@*%^ing ow." Darian grumbles, looking at the massive rend through the leather backing of his armor and the gouges in the metal. "Everyone else alright?"


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Alanaes limps forward a little bit, nodding at Geoff's words. He then responds to Darian, "I seem to be feeling much better, thanks to Sir Knight over here. But I still appear to have quite the bruise and a few open wounds... That owlbear was quicker than I expected, and I was unable to use his size against him. I will have to train some more, I feel."

Alanaes is at 13/21.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"How do you train for getting knocked around by a giant feathered bear-monster? Guess we could tar and feather Rogar, tell him you did it, and then have Terra make him bigger..."


"Since you are injured, let us return to the wagons and bandage up your wounds," Zandu says. "I think we will not travel much farther today."

Zenovia smiles at Geoff's words, and moves to help the wounded back to the caravan. "You were all brave and heroic," she says with a smile. "Brave enought for a song, perhaps." As she bustles around with the other women of the caravan tending to the injured, you can hear her softly singing snatches of rhyme, working on a song about brave men and fierce owlbears.

"Good shot there," Zandu mentions to Terra. "At least far better than my atempts."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian trudges stoically to the wagons and peels off his armor with a few winces and muttered curses. As he casts it aside it shrinks back to it's normal size leaving him leaning against the side of a wagon, using the entire thing as a makeshift chair. The blow caught him in the shoulder and collar bone. Two ragged tears from the creature's claws were pouring blood down the front of his chest.

"Well that's gonna be a pretty souvenir."


Gran walks over to where Darian is leaning.
"We can tend those, but first you'd best be smaller. I don't want to use bedsheets where a bandage would work, and the amount of herbs for a poltice would be more than we carry."
She turns towards Terra. "How long will he be at this size, my dear? He's a mite inconvienient this big, and no doubt an appitite to match."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian just blinks and looks to Terra with a helpless expression, completely out of his element in terms of how to get back to normal size.

401 to 450 of 1,361 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Cobalt's Unshackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.