Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Cobalt's Unshackled City

Game Master Craig Mercer

Our heroes are based in Cauldron, the northernmost city in Varisia. There they try to survive missions for the city, intriques, and maybe even save the world... or maybe not.


301 to 350 of 1,361 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Hand to hand then? Or will they try to soften us up at range first?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

"Sounds like these goblins have themselves a new ringleader, but based on what you say it would seem they would try their luck against just about anything that heads up the road. Strange though goblins are usually cowards they would not charge headstrong into a fight with no success they would flee and set up traps and do more devious...goblin things. The more I learn I become more and more curious." Rogar blabs on about his thoughts out loud before coming too. "Zandu do you know when these problems arose and perhaps where they are coming from."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Think we can set a trap for them somehow?"

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

"Set trap to goblins? Last I checked they were the ones trapping me...not a very pleasant story. Perhaps I have come upon goblins many times in my travel and not all are the evil monstrosity's people look them at. Give me a moment of thought perhaps my old brain can remember a hing or two." He is lost in thought mumbling to himself several idea that are brewing. "Aw now I remember they have a strange awe for magic even the most mundane the look upon it in fear but at the same time they look and respect it strange it is, hmm no that doesn't get us anywhere." Once again he is lost in a trail of thoughts.

For knowledge on Goblins:
Knowledge (dungeoneering) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Knowledge (nature) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"What about a flatbed wagon with some big chests in it? We strategically "break down" in a vulnerable place to lure the goblins to attack. We make like we're going to run and leave the wagon, only when they get to the wagon, half of us pop out of the chests and give 'em a face full. The rest of us charge back in. Now we're surrounding them instead of the other way around."

Trojan horse. Darian isn't smart, but he reads a lot.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

[smaller]Hmm... That could work. Assuming we are not attacked before or while setting it up. If they have scouts they might be able to turn such a trap against us. I will look into some spells that will be helpful towards a large group of goblins. Terra says thoughtfully.


"But I do not possess a flatbed wagon, my friends," Zandu says.
"And I think that the goblins will attack whatever passes that they think they can attack. I do not think you would need to trick them."

Rogar:
You know that goblins are in awe of magic, love fire, hate horses and dogs, and do not write things for fear that writing a word steals it from them. They are usually cowardly, only attacking things they think they can overcome a weaker opponent. They have no real planning, outside of a general sense of wanting to do something. Usually this degenerates into every goblin doing what it wants to do, with a lot of strange actions by the goblins resulting in their own fatalities.
Goblins are not know for traps, or at least very good traps. Kobolds are the trap makers.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

I apologize if this has been answered before and I missed it.

Friend Zandu, are your wagons covered? Perhaps those of us who are armored can hide in the wagons or under blankets until the goblins arrive. The rest of us who appear to be harmless can be out in the open to alert the armored ones when the goblins are upon us. I would like to remind you that I have had some experience with taking down multiple foes at once. I can handle myself if necessary until you can spring the trap!" Alanaes is actually getting excited about this. Not only does he get to (hopefully) show off his hand-to-hand combat skills, but he also gets to take down a lawless band of evildoers at the same time.


Alanaes:
Indeed, the question was answered when you first arrived.
To re-quote the opening scene...
"Afternoon on the third day, you arrive at a large, rambling, two-story wooden inn sheltered by a copse of trees, with the sign Lucky Monkey swaying in the light breeze. In the grassy yard in front of it, three groups of wagons are circled in camps. Two of the camps are obviously merchants from the looks of the wagons, but the third is a caravan of brightly decorated covered wagons. The two merchant camps have a single guard on watch each, eyeing you as you come into sight. The third camp has a handful of children running about it, and some women doing mundane tasks."
And though I didn't mention it, there were 6 of those brightly colored covered wagons outside.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"This could work."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

I too, would like to reprep spells before leaving, and if I can, would love to take the opertunity to begin to learn the language and customs of the girls I met earlier (Varisian) while traveling, even if off screen.

I forgot, are we limited in books? I mean in the sense of Golarion/PathFinder material such as Faiths of, Inner Sea Magic, Ultimate Combat/Magic, etc. . .?


I limited classes to Core book only, because I don't have a good feel for the new classes yet. But other than that, all Golarian books are usable, as are the supplements (Ultimate magic/Combat) with a few exceptions.
I'm not using the optional magic or optional combat stuff. I am not using Hero points.
As far as repreping spells, the plan was to stay here overnight at least, and there are several days to travel to get to Cauldron still.
You can interact with the Varisians and learn stuff onscreen as well as off screen.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

DM:
Thanks, I thought they had been and I guess I could have gone back to look, but I've been very busy lately and haven't had as much time as I'd like. Sorry for being so oblivious! I think if the game picks up pace a little (hopefully it will if we end up in combat), it'll be easier to remember some of those details.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"That sounds good, I will be with Alanaes in the look weak and helpless role."

Terra will re prepare spells as well.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"I'll be close, and making they do not hurt you."


"One issue we also have to consider is protecting the noncombatants in the caravan." Geoff looks to the caravan leader."What defensive arrangements do you have to help protect against that? Maybe we can concentrate them in one or two of the wagons so a small group can keep the goblins from them while the rest of us can concentrate on killing them."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"I'm certain these noble travelsmen have some sort of tactic for just such a athing, and, . . . as they might say, a trick up their sleeve. I'll be there, though, should the small creaures get too close to the caravans-people. It woud make most sense if I stay in the midst of everyone, should I need to call upon Ragathiel's healing rain."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

"...or is that kobolds never remember which is which."Rogar rants on before coming to his senses. "If these are goblins we are dealing with they will probably have some of those....dog things with them look more like bald rats than dogs foul beasts they be. So if we have our plan I need me some food and rest." Rogar gets really grumpy if he's sleepy :)

When preparing spells for next day will replace cure light with calm animals in case of dogs.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

BUMP


Sorry for the delay, busy weekend.

The night at the lucky Monkey is entertaining and relaxing. With your help guarding the Varisian caravan, the Varisians are much happier, and the slight air of gloom they had at being refused by the merchants evaporates as if it was never there.
Later that evening, the womenfolk enter the inn also. A pair of the men pulls out musical instruments and starts to play. The girl Zenovia mounts the stage, and dances several wild Varisian dances for the appreciative crowd.
As the evening grows late, the Varisians withdraw back to their caravan, leaving the merchant's men in the inn. They also make their way to the common room after a few more drinks.

Roleplaying can be inserted here, if you have anything else that you want to do.

The next day dawns bright. The merchant's wagons are off at the break of day, while the Varisians seem to take a bit more time (perhaps to put some distance between them and the merchants).

Traveling with the caravan, you will learn that it is composed of 5 couples and their offspring, with the sixth wagon being Gran Mara's wagon (driven by one of her numerous great-grandsons). The Varisians all seem to be related to each other in some fashion, either by blood or marriage. The girl Zenovia is the oldest daughter of Zandu, who also has an older son Gregor with the caravan.

The flock of children of the caravan takes interest in you, asking questions about what you've seen and done.

After a while Gran (as everyone calls her) offers to do a fortune reading for you, to glimpse your future.

The road you travel upon is well marked, with plenty of places to camp constructed along the way. You find traces of the merchant wagons that travel ahead of you in the remains of their campfires and wagon tracks.

The journey is uneventful for the first two days, but on the third a dark reminder of the troubles ahead appears in the form of the wreckage of a wagon, burnt weeks ago. Zandu and the rest of the Varisians start paying even closer attention to the surroundings, and the children are warned to keep close.
Also the dark borders of the Lurkwood forest are ahead, their strangeness showing as you can spot places where their foliage has turned to their fall coloration although it is late spring.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

During the night, while Zenovia dances, I'll watch the less exotic ones, going out of my way to avoid the more sexual dances, stepping outside for a fresh air, and the like

Are Gran and Zenovia the elder and younger women I spoke to before?

I would allow the reading, more to give them something to do/show off, and also to learn their ways, though if she does have the talent she claims, there are things I would rather they not know. I'm also interested in learing the language, and customs, so will often ask questions, if it is both polite and not seemingly getting annoying. I'll also try to entertain the children the best I can, likeing their company, and not at all minding how they likely find my accent and dialect so funny.

I'll tell them stories of my homeland, talk to them about my faith, and regail them with the legends of the Medevian crusades and the wall of stones that defende against demonic evils.

I'll also ask my companions about themselves, as conversation throughout the travels. These are directed at individuals, but I mean them for everyone else, too.

@ Terra: "How is it that you came to study the ways of magic, my lady? Was it that you where born witht he power locked inside thine heart, or driven to unlock it?"

@ Darian: "Thou seemest a warrior, through and through, and thou hast the scars and mettle to prove it many times over. What brings you to join our group, friend? What battles have you seen?" . . . later, if Darian continues to speak"I notice that you seem to read often. Is there a subject that you fancy? Or are you searching for an answer? Perhaps I might help, friend?"

@ Rogar: more of a personal conversation so as not to embarrase him "Where I come from, Druids are known to have been the ause of the greatest evils to beset our world, though the specifics are lost to time. I am not, accustomed, to having a nature-priest in my unit, nor serving side-by-side with one.", in a semi-serious, almost accusing tone. "I am also not familiar with an forest-wardens of Dwarven blood. " noticably more friendly. I am happy to see that my initial, . . . mistrusts, seem to be false, and find it an honor to partake on the noble quest at thy side. What think you, or these miscreants and their attacks on travellers?[/b]"

@ Alanaes: "Thou seemest a part of these people, but also hold yourelf back? I am just curious friend, art thou different than they? You seem more than passingly familiar with their ways and tongue. At the same time, thou holdest organizations and devotion to be more sacred than their free form culture? May I ask, what is your story?"


Soth-Loren:
Zenovia is the girl you spoke to before, but Gran isn't her mother. Gran might be her great-grandmother, but no one really defines the relationship for you, or gives you any idea just how old Gran is (over eighty at lest...).

The children enjoy your tales and stories, and seem to like having you around. Their parents don't seem to mind you telling their stories, except when there are chores for the children to do.

Gran will give you a Harrow reading, and I'll have to get back to you on what she says.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Alanaes enjoys the children's company as well, as he walks alongside Soth-Loren. He also indulges and tells a little bit about his story, how he learned to combine the two very different martial art styles (the river and the mountain) into one seamless style of its own. And how his mentor was a Varisian man.

When offered a Harrow reading, Alanaes will accept, though he is a little skeptical about it. He's never had a reading before, but he is open enough to be willing to try it out. Plus, he doesn't want to seem rude to those he is traveling with.

When the children are doing chores, Alanaes moves out to the front of the caravan to scout ahead a little bit. He tries to spend time with all members of the party, to make conversation whenever possible.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

DM Cobalt:
I was kind of wanting to leave this open for a possible romantic relationship in the futer, as well as a potentual non-romantic relationship (with the whole community), if that's cool with you.

At the same time, I don't want to either push that playstyle on anyone else that might not be comfortable with it, and honestly, I've never done it either, so I'm cool either way. I just like having something in the story, to be motivated by.

The more I think about it, the Varisans actually are kind of perfect for what my character is looking for. A people to be part of, but also a place to get lost in the crowd. A group of friends/family that doesn't ask too many questions about one's past, which I'm not ready to share, just yet.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

Rogar spends much of the evening outdoors to get a breather and consult "with the earth". (He believes when he released Jasons spirit back into the earth it made a spiritual bond with him, so he often talks to himself as if he speaks to his mentor.) Rogar trys to avoid any story telling of his own but does share his wide knowledge of the world just not his reasoning behind travel or his life story.

When offered a Harrow reading, Rogar eagerly excepts. He has never had such a thing before but he is open to try it out, and if her powers are true it could tell him a useful thing or two.

@Soth: "Forest wardens ey." Rogar chuckles at the name. "It is true that my kind are rarely seen on this path, but I am not like your average dwarf in fact I am very different, very different indeed. My life is a burden, I hold the burden for all my clan to live a life I never knew...do you know how hard that is..." Rogar stops and appears almost on the verge of tears. "...I..am sorry Soth just forget what I said." Rogar stands awkwardly a moment before making for his room he calls back to Soth. "Perhaps tomorrow me can continue our little talk."

Come the morning Rogar seems much better and refreshed he stays mostly silent the next few days except for a short dialogue with Soth. "Goblins would not run headstrong into battle with no hope on their own will even if they were trying to protect one of their so-called kings they are cowards and not overly smart at that, but these goblins they seem as if they are not against their will that they die in battle nor would they be able to organize themselves so well, there is vile work at play here." Rogar takes rear guard of the Caravan though he is quite certain it is unnecessary as all would here the group of wild goblins approach should they strike.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3
Rogar Ungart wrote:
"Forest wardens ey."

Soth-Loren seems puzzled when you say this, but bites his lip

Rogar Ungart wrote:


"...I..am sorry Soth just forget what I said." Rogar stands awkwardly a moment before making for his room he calls back to Soth. "Perhaps tomorrow me can continue our little talk."

Come the morning Rogar seems much better and refreshed he stays mostly silent the next few days except for a short dialogue with Soth. "Goblins would not run headstrong into battle with no hope on their own will even if they were trying to protect one of their so-called kings they are cowards and not overly smart at that, but these goblins they seem as if they are not against their will that they die in battle nor would they be able to organize themselves so well, there is vile work at play here." Rogar takes rear guard of the Caravan though he is quite certain it is unnecessary as all would here the group of wild goblins approach should they strike.

You think there is some sort of outside force directing the goblins? Demons or the like?


Soth-Loren:
No problem with working on a romance. And letting me know you want one means I'll keep Zenovia around in the area (although they do travel). Just let me know what you are doing, or any side roleplay that you are doing.


Gran invites all who wish a Harrow reading into her wagon. It is a bit crowded, but very cozy and home-like. She sits at a small table, lantern overhead lighting the top where the cards will be laid (and covering her face with a shadow, although her eyes seem to still catch the gleam of light from time to time).

She selects cards to represent you. "Your card, if it appears in the reading, means a strong omen for you, although it may also cover your companions with its fate."

Your Cards:
I've selected cards for all the players, just in case they want to join in, but haven't posted yet. I'll post your cards in the comments thread. Just in case you get another Harrow reading in the future.

Shuffling the cards with a skill that you might have though not possible for one of her age, she lays out three columns of three cards each. "The first column is the past, the second is the near present, and the last is the future. The cards will show things both good and bad, although some will not give a meaning that can be read."

Gran turns over the first column, revealing the Peacock, the Desert, and the Lair. "The first two cards are unclear, but the last warns of a love at its most treacherous. Some love in the past, either yours or another's, will work mischief upon you."

Her gnarled hand hovers over the center column of cards, and then slowly turns them face up. "Ah!" she gasps. "All cards here are portents! This first card, the Tangled Briar, is misaligned! It reveals that old evils endanger the present!"
"This center card, the Twin, is yours, Rogar. It shows a duality of purpose and nature. This is a strong fate for you, that you may have two paths to tread. It also affects your companions, perhaps in ways they are unaware of yet."
"This last card is also misaligned. The Cricket is a card of smooth journeying, but misaligned it shows that the journey goes poorly."

"This last set shows glimpses of the future." Again her nimble fingers turn the cards, showing their faces. She peers at the revealed cards, her face shadowed.
"This central card, the Winged Serpent, is unclear in that position. But the other two cards are warning about your future."
"This top card, the Cyclone, is also misaligned. It indicates a renewal after a blustery trial. There is hope in this card."
She points at the last card. "This card though, the Avalanche is an indication of unrelenting, unthinking disaster. It is an ill omen, although not as strong as it could be."

"While these fates are not set in stone, they will occur if steps are not taken to prevent them. Though the future seems dark," she says tapping the Avalanche card, "Not all is blackness." her finger moves to the Cyclone card. "This is what I have read for you, but as to the true meanings, only you can say." With a sigh, she leans back in her chair. "Could you call the boy for a cup of tea for me. Readings always leave me a bit tired."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian shrugged at Soth's inquiries. "Geoff and Terra brought me in. Geoff and I had worked together before, and recommended me to Terra when she needed someone to watch her back while she went looking for some arcane writings in a ruin. Turned out to be a pretty mellow place. I ended up having to protect her more from distrustful townsfolk than anything in those catacombs. When they were brought in on this expedition they asked me if I wanted to come."

"As for the books, I dunno, I think that comes from Terra too. I've always liked reading, but keeping an eye on her left me with hours and hours in dusty libraries while she researched things. I started with historical records and moved onto political theory, mostly as a way to try to figure out how and why the same problems seem to exist everywhere, no matter who's in charge. I guess I was hoping that someone smarter than me had figured out the answers to all my questions. Turns out I'm still looking."

As the reading commence he hushes and watches, watching intently, like a child trying to figure out a game played by adults.

"So the cards are magic and tell the future, and the future sounds pretty grim. Great. Any good news in them?"


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra silently watches and listens to the festivities of the night, in her usual antisocial manner, before reading her spell book and turning in for the night.

When Soth ask's her his question as they traveled, It takes Terra a minute to realize that he is talking to her. She blushes in surprise. "Oh! I, Umm, I Well I wasn't born with magic. I wouldn't say that I was driven to unlock the the mysteries of magic either, well at least not at first. I grew up in Korvosa and my parents enrolled my into the Magical Academy for Wizards there. Being a wizard is a prestigious occupation for an elf, which is why my parents sent my to that school. I enjoyed learning magic, but the rest of the Academy lifestyle wasn't my thing..." Terra pauses for a moment. She has a bit of a sad look on her face. "So, Umm, so what about you, what brought you to worship Ragathiel? Was it some sort of higher calling?"

If questioned by the children, Terra quietly tells of some interesting stories of things that happened at the Magical Academy, but she has trouble keeping their attention when she over explains things or goes off topic.

At the Harrow Reading, Terra gulps. Harrow readings was a big thing when she lived in Korvosa. She didn't like them though. She always seemed to get bad luck, and they always seemed to come true in one way or another. However, she didn't want to offend their traveling compatriots, so she agrees to have a reading.

When the cricket is drawn misaligned, Terra groans silently, and then sighs when Gran confirms her fears. Well this journey is turning out swell...


Geoff fidgets during the harrowing. He looks decidely uncomfortable.
"Bah! Fates, destiny, whatever, I put no stock in any of that!" Geoff says gruffly as he pats his sword, almost as if to reasure himself. "I make my own way and do not need any reason for what happens, it just happens."
He stomps from the room. Darian is somewhat surprised as this is definitely uncharacteristic behaviour from Geoff.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

Rogar looks extremely uncomfortable though already aware he will have to take two paths in life, but the idea of his companions and everyone suffering because of it perhaps he should share his secrets but not yet a better time perhaps he thinks to himself. He says in an uncomfortable voice as nicely as he can. "I thank you for the reading on behalf of us all, Gran." He gives a slight bow before exiting the room "old evils endanger the present" could that be...no, it something else it...must be.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

In response to Soth Loren:

"I am not a Varisian by birth, but all of my training was by a Varisian man who had cast off the wandering lifestyle. I feel a certain kinship with these people, because my mentor was the only person I could call a true friend, or even family. My parents didn't really pay any attention to me, they were so busy. But Master taught me how to protect myself from those who bullied me growing up." Alanaes frowns at the memories of his childhood hardship. "I was kicked out of town after I finally defended myself, and I never saw Master again. I was wandering, much like these Varisians, before I met you and the rest of this group. But I don't hold the same ideals as them. For one, I believe that the path to true happiness lies in self-perfection. That means that not only must I hone my skills, I must also stick to a strong morality."

"I am curious about your faith, Soth-Loren. Ragathiel is an enigma to me. In fact, you are the only person I have ever met to worship him. I wonder how different from Irori Ragathiel is."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

I came from a dark place, a land where real demons and devils existeth within reach and within sight. I as once an ordained knight of The Crusader, long ago. I fear this portent of a love coming to haunt us,. . . I have always feared for her.

I was married once. I was part of a regiment that would tasked with exploring the wilds of Mendev, patrolling against incursions by the foul ones. One day, . . . everyone was slaughtered. Everyone, but me. I lost myself that day. Lost in wrath and anger. I went out to die fighting. Die with my friends, brothers and sisters.

I had given up on Imodae. I had given up. I called out to whom ever might aid me in smitting whatever came my way, and I went out to die. But I didn't. Even devoid of any spiritual might, I faught.

Later, Ragathiel offered me a solution. Our causes are aligned, and I serve the light once more.

will continue this in a little.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Ragathiel endorses being the best one can be. Raising above falilure and wickedness, but also encouraging these things in others. Ragthiel also teaches the ways of righteous vengence. Not a deity, per se, but rather a general of the heavenly hosts. One who is on constant campaign against the forces of evil and hell. Irori, though focused on self perfection rather than elevation of all to a better state, are closely aligned in many ways, brother. Almost crying again for a second I knew an, . . what do you calleth yourselves, aesthetics? An aesthetic knight hero of Irori, once. He was a good man. Most steel is useless against the feinds. He was so holy, that his very fists could bruise their flesh as a man's, and he wielded no weapon nor armor.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

At Gran:

A look of concern, no fear, crosses his face as he hears that. It's normally unsettling how expressionless his face is, but this might leave an observer to wonder if no expression, is infact better. I, . . .I thank thee for they divinations. I have much to concider., his mood quickly dropping once the reading is done.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra is silent for a while at Soth's words.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to bring up painful memories..." She says slowly, figiting with her robes as they walk.


I wish I could map better, but here is a rough map of where you are in the world, with cities and places labled. You are right on the edge of Lurkwood, by the Velashu River (the road has been following the river as it goes north).

Varisian map

Boy, is that map small. Anyone know how to fix that?
If you are ready to move on, then pick up from my post before...

Quote:

The journey is uneventful for the first two days, but on the third a dark reminder of the troubles ahead appears in the form of the wreckage of a wagon, burnt weeks ago. Zandu and the rest of the Varisians start paying even closer attention to the surroundings, and the children are warned to keep close.

Also the dark borders of the Lurkwood forest are ahead, their strangeness showing as you can spot places where their foliage has turned to their fall coloration although it is late spring.


With more time among the caravan, Geoff's uncharacteristic sullenness disapates. By the end of the second day he is more himself and becomes exicitable over the more dangerous surroundings, as they promise more immenent mayhem.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra shakes her head sadly as she looks at the wreckage of the wagon.

When the group makes it to the woods Terra groans mockingly,"Yay, we get to go into the scary, creepy woods. It's totally safe in there. Even the leaves are dieing."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

We aught not be so quick to assume safety, milady. If the goblinoids are indeed being led, perhaps they arranged the path as such to herd us once we drop are defensies.


Geoff laughs, "Soth, my friend, I do not think Terra was being quite so literal. Perhaps she was being just a little sarcastic."


Zenovia, who was nearby listening, adds to the conversation.

"My father says that parts of the forest are out of time with the rest of the lands. In winter, some parts are still green and warm; while i the summer snow could cover bare boughs. It is supposed to get worse as one gets deeper into the Lurkwood, near Wormwood Hall. There, it is said that one could enter the woods for but a day, and return to find several years had passed."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

"Don worry we'll be find I lived in one dem forests for years I did...anyway no point in standing around, times a wasting." Rogar says to all of the Caravan and his allies as he takes position near the front of the group to keep an eye out for tracks.

Know Nature (for Knowledge of the forest):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Survival (to keep eye out for tracks):1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Perception (to keep an eye out):1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Shaking his head at his friends' discussion, Darian chuckles. "I think sarcasm wasn't covered under the teachings of Soth's order."

Mounting his horse, Darian takes up a position as rear guard until they are ready to implement their reverse-ambush plan.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra rolls her eyes at Soth's remark, and smiles at the others remarks. When Zenovia speaks Terra responds. "Really? Time is messed up in the forest? I wonder why... Maybe there is a overlap with another plane of existence here, causing time fluxes?" Terra musses mostly to herself as she walks.


Rogar:
Knowledge Nature tells you that this is an odd property of this forest only, no other forest that you have ever heard of does this. And the Magic that causes this is ancient and unknown, perhaps dating back all the way to the fabled Thassilon, the kingdom that ruled his place before the Starfall.
Survival notes that the merchant caravan ahead of you passed here more than a day ago, and does not look like it was attacked yet.


"My father does not know," Zenovia replies to Terra. "It has been that way since his grandfather's grandfather's time. But as long as you do not spend much time in the affected parts of the forest, or seek out the manorhouse in the center of the woods, it does not bother travelers."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

I did not take her jest as literal, just a warning to remain vigilant. Where I come from, The World Wound acts this way at times. usually more vile and treacherous, but the essence of the realm of fiends seaps through to our world, and it has many, unexpected affects on the lands so tainted.


The day passes uneventfully. The journey brings you under the eves of the Lurkwood, but not into any of the strange areas. Wagons are circled for the evening, and the camp is a bit quieter than usual, with more care made for watches. Outside the light of the flickering fire, shadows cover the trees around the clearing and the noise of the nocternal life provides a backdrop.

Could I please have some sort of watch list? You will also have a Varisian with you to aid in standing watches.

301 to 350 of 1,361 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Cobalt's Unshackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.