Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Cobalt's Unshackled City

Game Master Craig Mercer

Our heroes are based in Cauldron, the northernmost city in Varisia. There they try to survive missions for the city, intriques, and maybe even save the world... or maybe not.


251 to 300 of 1,361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"Would there be any reason to suspect that whomever is selling their service as guardsmen in these travels might be in legue with, or controlling the goblins?" as I slide over more than two gold for a room. "Have the goblins left survivers?"


"I would doubt that, sir," the barkeep answers as he collects your coin. "Most merchants have their own set o' guards that they've worked with. And goblins are lil brutes, they'ed likely kill a guardsman that tried to talk to 'em, or so's I've been told. And most o' the folks that travel these parts have no love for goblin's either. Goodness knows, Cauldron's tried to exterminate them time and again, but the country's too wide and empty to root them all out."

"There's been some survivors, and some caravan's that fought their way through. But none stayed here long, as either they wanted away from hereabouts, or had deliveries to be made elsewhere."

The barkeep pauses for a second, then says,"I'll put you in room 5. Its just up those stairs to the left of the stage. And the baths are farther down the hallway, as is a quiet sitting room, sir."


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |
Soth-Loren the Raven Knight wrote:
"I need no gold for goblin ears nor taking heads..."

How are you going to keep spending your money if you are not willing to make any, goody-goody? Terra thinks to herself.

She silently listens to the conversation and as it dies down she digs for 2 gold pieces and places them on the bar.

"S-something warm to eat then..." She says timidly. After a long awkward silence she adds. "D-do you know how m-many goblins there are, in total? and, er... how long ago was the last attack?"


"Not being a traveler myself, I don't know how many goblins there are, ma'am. At least a tribe or more, or so's I've been told. Another sign something's behind these attack, as goblin tribes don't usually get along well enough to co-operate, or so's I've heard."

"As for the last attack, well I'd guess that would be about a week ago, from what news we've heard. Although one may have occured after that , that we haven't heard about yet."

"I'll put you in room 6, next to this gentleman. Dinner will be set out shortly, its roast fowl with vegitables, or so's I've been told by the cook. Unless you'd like something else, ma'am?"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3
DM Cobalt wrote:

"I'll put you in room 5. Its just up those stairs to the left of the stage. And the baths are farther down the hallway, as is a quiet sitting room, sir."

My lucky number. :)


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"Oh, no, that's fine." Terra says in response to the inn keeper. She turns back to the others. "Do you think we should join a caravan or just strike out ourselves?"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"If thou would feel safer in joining a caravan, we can. It is better to be safe, after all, and the one without seemed pleasant enough. With their menfolk here discussing, perhaps we might be able to assist each other?"


Anyone else still out there? Please post something, so I know you're still around.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Still here. Hoping this game doesn't die. . .

PS, there is now a Private Message option (near your name at the top of the screen) if you want to try to get ahold of people that way.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

I'm back, I've just been sick...

Alanaes listens carefully as Soth-Loren and Terra spoke with the barkeep. "If you have another room, sir, I would like one as well." Alanaes hands over the proper amount of coin for his room and then turns to his companions. "Well, my friends. I say we rest here tonight and then head out tomorrow to eradicate this scourge of lawless beings. Personally, I think we can handle a raiding party on our own, no need of a caravan. In fact, if we appear to be meek, we may be able to goad them into attacking us, thus eliminating the need to search for them ourselves."

A plan forms in his mind, though it is rather risky. "Perhaps I can scout ahead while the rest of you stay behind. Because I travel unarmed, I will appear to be an easy target. Of course, as you all know, I am not so easy to take down. Once they attack, the rest of you come out of hiding to my aid. I believe I can hold them off for a bit, until you can get there."


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"Are you sure splitting up would be a good idea?"


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

"Well, my thought is that you would be not far behind me, easily within sight. Ideally you'll be able to react and surround the group within a few seconds. I realize it sounds a little crazy, but I thought it could work. I am, of course, open to other ideas." Alanaes is sincere and not hurt at any suggestions that his idea might not be a good one. He is, however, very confident in his ability to fend for himself as long as he knows support is not far behind.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"We used this tactic often. I think it could work, but would require a great deal of trust on your part, and there are risks. I shall not lie. I have seen more than a few good, . . . I have seen this fail befor."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"You think they'll come after you if we're close enough that we can help in any reasonable amount of time? Seems like if we're close enough to help they'd leave you alone."


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

"You must be close, but hidden. Or perhaps, if you cannot be stealthy, we can at least conceal your weapons and you could remain with me. I do not know much about goblins, but I imagine they aren't very bright."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"I ave not the scoundrel's talents. Stealth will not do for me, though perhaps I could stay close and also be a target, but able to call down the healing rain should we need? Mistress Terra, have thee any illusions or magics that might aid us in this?"


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"...Oh, umm, let me see..." Terra squeaks out as she pulls out her spell book and looks through it for some spell that might be of use.

Terra adjusts her glasses, "W-well, I could make an illusion but it would not be able to move with us, nor would it make noise or hide our noise. I also would need to fully concentrate to keep it going. I have a cantrip that can make an illusion of noise for a few seconds and I can just keep using it if you wish, but besides that and that color spray I made... I-I'm sorry, I'm not that good of a wizard..." Terra stares down at her feet.

Here is a list of Terra's spell book, If anyone has a good Idea of a spell to use, feel free to let me know. Silent image might be good if we are aware we have been spotted.
●0th Level Spells: Read Magic; Acid Splash; Arcane Mark; Bleed; Bleed; Cloak of Shade;
Dancing Lights; Daze; Detect Magic; Detect Poison; Disrupt Undead; Flare; Ghost Sound;
Light; Mage Hand; Mending; Message; Open/Close; Prestidigitation; Ray of Frost; Read
Magic; Resistance; Spark; Touch of Fatigue
●1st Level Spells: Color Spray; Grease; Enlarge Person; Mage Armor; Magic Missile; Obscuring Mist; Protection from Evil; Silent Image

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3
Terra Crux wrote:
I-I'm sorry, I'm not that good of a wizard..." Terra stares down at her feet.

Stepping over to her, and gently placing a finger beneath her chin to raise her glance up to his eyes, "Milady. Thou art a powerful, and a kind, intelligent, and attractive woman, in whose hands the very powers of the universe are held. I have faith in thee, and I trust in thy magic, as you should. I can, and I do, believe in thee all day long, but until thou learn the truth about thyself, just how great and special thou arts, ya shall be lost in this mist of doubt, blinded to the truth so clear to mine eyes.

We go into battle soon, and I need, . . . we need you strong, and sure of thineself. You will not be at this alone, we shalt all be there, covering each other. Helping each other to grow stronger. We all share similar worries, and I trust", looking around the room to meet each persons gaze, "each of you to have my back and to covrn me should I need it. . . I hope that you all feel the same."

Just believe and accept yourself, and it shall be true. I promise it."

I should be a Cleric of Terra. :)


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian smiles, and rolls his eyes a little bit and laughs, quietly joking to the others.

"When I first met him I thought he was a right bastard with the way he gets every woman he meets to swoon. Now that I know he actually believes everything he says I wonder if he just doesn't notice the effect he has on them. "


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Alanaes laughs and nudges Darian. "Well said, friend."

To everyone, Alanaes bring the discussion back to the task at hand. "It sounds like a plan is beginning to form. I will not be alone, it seems, but we must be sure we all appear to be easy targets. Once they are upon us, they will not see what is coming to them."


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra freezes as Soth touches her chin and raises her head. Her face gets redder and redder as he speaks.

"...O-ok, I-I'll try..." Terra says meekly, fidgeting wither her spell book, her mind in a daze, and her face still beet red.

Haha, your gonna blow timid little Terra's mind!

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Still holding her gaze, "See Mistress-Mage, evenSir Rastova agree's. Just believeth in thineself. We shalt all be counting on you,[/b] (no pressure. . .), and know you have what it will take." Soth-Loren's hand drops quickly, sliding off her shoulder as he looks about to see everyone starring at him. He is a little more than embarrassed, realizing he has gone off on another tangent he haddn't intended to. Certainly everyone was thinking of some jest of him or laughing on the inside.

"I'm, I apologize. I should learn to better keep silent and not bore people when I get, . . . like that." I'll go find a table to sit at, walking away from the crowd to hide my blushed cheecks for a moment.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian is quiet for a moment, then, unable to contain himself, bursts into laughter. Shaking his head he smiles and heads for the bar.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Alanaes smiles at Terra and then follows Soth-Loren, sitting by him. "My friend, you have no need to apologize to us. You are chivalrous and honorable, which is, unfortunately, a rare thing to find in a man. Speaking for myself, though I find mirth at choice of words, I also find myself admiring your very nature."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

With a smile, "Still, friend, I knowest when I have spoken too much, and should probably learn when best to shut up. We should continue our plans, though, on the subject of me shutting up, perhaps it is best not to boast our intentions for finding the goblinoids so loudly to the world. I still have a feeling that they have some sort of agent working with them."


As you sit at a table, one of the barmaids bring you your food and drink. The roasted fowl is quiet good, seasoned with several herbs.

As you eat (and discuss more), the meeting between the three men breaks up, with the two merchant types continuing to sit and enjoy their wine, while the Varisian walks back to his group, sadly shaking his head.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"Should we ask why he seems unsatisfied with their decision?"


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

"Yes, I believe we should." Alanaes will walk over to the group of Varisians and strikes up a quick conversation with the Varisian man. "My companions and I understand you have been discussing the situation with the goblins. But it appears as if you disagree with whatever decision has been made. We wish to help take care of the threat, and I believe it necessary to understand the concerns of all involved."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

To Darian and Terra, "What is thine council in this? A good plan, or destined for failure?"


Geoff comes in looking somewhat pale and holding his stomach.
"What did I miss?" He asks with a grimace.
"Evidently, the trail rations do not agree with me."

Sorry about the absence, a combination of work, computer issues and hectic schedule. Will be back on regularly again.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

No worries, and welcome back.

"We where just discussig our plan and sitting down for a meal and drink. It seems the three parties had come to some sort of conclusion in their council, though the more colorful groups leader does not seem pleased with the outcome. Alanaes goes to see what ssiue hat may be before we decide our plan. Do you think it would be wise to join their bands?"


The man looks over Alanaes, and gestures to a seat.
"I am Zandu, leader and master of my caravan. The small discussion was about traveling onward."
He pauses, taking a deep drink out of his mug.
"While it would be safer to travel together through these goblin infested lands, those two {rude varisian word here} merchants do not wish for my caravan to travel with theirs. They have had bad dealings with others, {rude varisian word here} sczarni, who stole from them. Because they have had bad dealings with those others, they will blame us, and refuse us the safety to be found in numbers."
He takes another gulp from the mug, and some of the other Varisians mutter under their breaths and then shrug, as if they have seen this prejudice before.
Zandu looks over the edge of his mug at Alanaes, and glances at the party.
"I would say that you too wish to travel. It is dangerous for small groups..." He leaves his words hanging in the air.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Alanaes shakes his head at unfairness of it all. "That is a shame, sir. Perhaps we could accompany you. We are headed the same way, after all. We were just discussing a plan to spring a trap on the goblins, in fact. Let me see what the others think."

Alanaes waves to his group to come over and explains the situation to them. "So you see, we are in a position to help these fine folks."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"You knowth my mind already. But what is this word, Sczarni? It seemeth familiar to me, though I am unable to place it."


"The sczarni?" Zandu scowls. "They are bad men; petty thieves, swindlers and blackmailers. They would flee from honest work like a mouse flees from the jaws of a tiger."

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

Sorry really hectic schedule and sick as a dog not a good combo :(

Rogar stays quiet, very quiet he is not one to converse much especially in the faces of those he does not know or in crowds. He listens to everyone conversation and ponders his own point of view on their situation he whispers to everyone one short line. "Traveling in larger group would make us all safer but wouldn't our larger numbers scare off the goblins? Perhaps offsetting our plans.

Taldor

Male Human (Civilized, Solomnic) (Crusader) Cleric

I hear you, brother. I hope your feeling better and got over whatever had you down.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"A larger group might detour the goblins, but a larger group is a bigger pay off if the goblins succeed. We could escort them and if we do not get attacked, we can make a pass back."


"I like the idea of offering a big target, that way we get more of the little buggers. Of course, as Terra said, that also runs the risk of just detering an attack."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"We just have to make sure we've got something that they want bad enough to risk attacking a larger group. What do goblins like?"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"Lady-goblins?" he says in a dry, humorless tone, which might be his version of a joke. . . . "Death, destruction, chaos, and evil."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Sounds like my ex." Darian said in a matching tone. "How about something more tangible? Food maybe? Something that seems like it makes us vulnerable to carry around? Maybe just a big chest? Goblins are pretty curious, right?"


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

"I think they like fire, as well, but they absolutely hate dogs and horses..."

That's all common knowledge right?


Sort of common, but it is actually something that has to be known.
Say, with a DC5 Dungeoneering or Nature check.
Most adventurers learn it quickly.

By the way, are you holding your discussion with Zandu included?
If so, he might have a few things to add. But I am not sure if you are confering among yourselves only.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Sure, why not, assuming he came over after my comment that he answer rather than shouting across the tavern. :)


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Hate as in "avoid", or hate as in "really want to kill"? Would having dogs and horses make it more or less likely to be attacked?"


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

General knowledge of Goblins: 1d20 ⇒ 19

"Hate as in they are extremely afraid of them and will kill them if they feel they will have the upperhand." Alanaes thinks on it. "But if there are too many, they will be more likely to cause the goblins to avoid them, I think."


"The goblins have been attacking traveling groups larger than my humble wagons, so I think that the addition of a few brave adventurers like yourselves will not dissuade them in their plots," Zandu comments.
"And dogs and horses aren't a deterent if there are enough goblins. And I have heard that there are many goblins in these attacks."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"How do they usually attack?"


"Goblins usually rush forward in a mass, trying to overwhelm their prey," Zandu answers. "But I don't know about these goblins. I've heard it said that they ambush caravans, and do things that goblins do not usually do."
He shrugs. "But then, I have not passed this way since the problems with these goblins have started."

251 to 300 of 1,361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Cobalt's Unshackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.