Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Cobalt's Unshackled City

Game Master Craig Mercer

Our heroes are based in Cauldron, the northernmost city in Varisia. There they try to survive missions for the city, intriques, and maybe even save the world... or maybe not.


51 to 100 of 1,361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Soth-Loren:
Soth-Loren, if you want to ask about the Cyphergate, this looks like a place to do it in (see my discription of the inn). And as for why mages and not priests usually play around with things like the Cyphergate, its because 1) no god has claimed it as theirs, and 2) the anceint kingdom of Thassilon which might have built it was known for magic, and not religion.

Rogar:
Asking about a library elicts the fact that the Cyphermages have the best library (if not the only library) in town, but it is expensive to get into.

Geoff:
Hitting a streak of bad luck, you manage to lose 37 GP and 5 SP.

Those at the Golden Goblin:
Perception checks, DC10 for everyone in the group.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

Rogar will go to the library paying whatever fee is required to get in if the price is too high (More than he has) he will try to negotiate once inside will look for any books renegading the history Varisia particularly the Kodar mountains.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Alanaes smiles at Geoff's comment and then sits back in his seat and looks around for anything interesting going on.


The Lodge of rhe Cyphermages is across the river, in a nicer part of town, high on the hil overlooking the port and the Cyphergate. Admission to the library (and 1 night room and board included) is 20 GP.

If you pay:
The library will give you a +4 on Knowledge: History roll, or use of the skill if you don't have Knowledge: History.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Yeah, you know from speaking out loud comes gambling, wenching and all kinds of other impurities. I mean look at you. Been talking again for all of ten minutes and you're already in a den of sin with us undesirable heathens. Want a drink?"

1d20 ⇒ 17 perception


perception 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra quietly nurses her ale as she people watches. Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

DM Cobalt:
I meant that ooc, which is just a personal peeve of mine. I know about Riddleport, well some of it, anyway :)


Terra, Geoff, Darian and Alanaes notice that someone appears to be peeking out of the toilet by the way the door has cracked open, but no one has emerged. Odd to say the least.

Geoff, Darian, Alanaes:
You notice a woman in the casino drop a handful of chips at the same time, and not bend down to pick them up.

Alanaes:
You notice that the woman then closes her eyes, as do some men near her.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"That lady's worse at this than you are Geoff. Go grab those chips and keep the vultures at bay. I'll go tell her she's losing her winnings."


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

"Wait a minute... She did that on purpose. See how she and those other men nearby have there eyes closed? Something's fishy, I think."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"What? Hmm. Well, what should we do? Any idea what's going on?"


Suddenly one of the braziers lighting up the gambling hall flashes into a brilliant fireworks display!

Everyone in the Golden Goblin: Will save vs DC13 or be blinded!

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

Knoledge history for library: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Of course I blow this one!

Alanaes is suddenly blinded by a flash of light. He immediately reaches for his belt pouch, hand clasping around it to ensure it isn't stolen. He then speaks quietly to his friends, "The little bugger from the restroom and his friends at the table are going to try and rob us, methinks."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Darian was looking at the chips on the floor when the lights flashed, but instinct took over as soon as the yelling started.

"Them!"

He was moving before he really realized what he was doing...

How far away are the people who dropped the chips? I have an action to go into, but I want to make sure of the ranges involved.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Hmm, thats suspicious what is going- *FLASH!*

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 (+2 racial bonus vs enchantments)

Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 To identify what the spell is.

"Hey! W-Whats going on?! Was that a spell?!" Terra says rubbing the afterimages of the bright fireworks out of her eyes. She pulls out her wand and notes where her allies are at.

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


will save 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

"What?!!?....."


Sorry for the delay, I've got some things going on...and I have to make the map.

Terra:
You're sure it is a spell, but not sure which one...

Those who failed their save (Geoff and Alanaes and Bouncers) are blinded for 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 rounds.

Inits: Terra has a 11.
Alanaes has a 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Darian has a 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Geoff has a 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Angvar has a 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Thuvalia has a 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Thugs have a 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Bouncers have a 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

So the list runs;
Darian
Geoff
Thuvalia
Angvar
Bouncers
Terra
Thugs
Alanaes

Round one is a suprise round, but all the group can act (only the bouncers as surprised).
Movement is considered difficult terrain (the crowd of blind gamblers (DC 10 Acrobatics check to avoid the people and treat the terrain as normal)).
It is about 50' to where the woman (Thuvalia) drpped her chips.
The hall is roughly about 80' x 80' triangular room, and you're all in the bar, which is down a wide 15' corridor.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

DM please check discussion thread. My question there will determine my action.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra readies an action to cast grease on someone's weapon if they pull it to attack any of her allies.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian lunged forward grabbing the lip of the stool he'd been sitting on and flipping it up to catch one of the legs as he moved into the staggering crowd. Raising his arm and lowering his shoulder he twisted expertly through the throng quickly covering the fifty feat to reach his target, dropping low underneath the last set of flailing arms and then leaping up to bring the stool crashing down on to the woman.

1d20 + 6 - 4 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 4 - 1 + 2 = 19 (improvised non-lethal weapon power attack charge)

1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Sorry, Darian. But my inability to get a map to work is working against you. Being a newbie at pbp is hurting now.
There is a thug between you and the woman, and since he is not blinded, he would be a obstical to charging the woman. However, the thug himself can be charged.
Really, if someone knows how to get a map form up, I could use the help.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Druid2

If your looking for an easy accessible map use Google docs Here is an example map I'm using for my LOF pbp


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

He's directly between me and her? If so, then I'll go for him. I'd really rather go for the woman though. something tells me she's more important.


OK, lets see if this works. Please tell me if I've got it posted so you can see it.

Combat Map

Squares are 5'.
T=Terra, D=Darian, G=Geoff, A=Alanaes, V=Angvar, Z=Thuvalia, B=Bouncers, and M=Thugs.

Please tell me where you end your move (ie, J 11).


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Works for me. I'll be waiting to post my action until it gets closer to my turn in initiative order (after thugs).


Surprise Round
Mistake in initiative, Angvar started the surprise round, so he's at the top, and has acted already.

Darian effortlessly moves through the crowd, reaching the thug, who looks startled that Darian is moving. He crumples under Darian's improvised bar stool attack.

Geoff is blind. (round 1 of 2)

Acrobatics:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
The woman easily leaps up on the dias where the massive chest is chained, and says, "All right folks! Drop to the ground and don't try anything stupid, and we might let you live!" A good portion of the crown does as she says, while the others panic and blindly mill about, tripping over the prone people, creating even more of a mess.

The bouncers, blinded, mill around, angerly knocking over blinded patrons.

Terra readies an action to cast grease on someone's weapon if they pull it to attack any of her allies.

The thugs move to the bouncers.
One thug, already near his target attacks with a sap, knocking him out.
Attack:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17,Damage:2d6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 1 = 7(sneak attack)

Alanaes is blind. (round 1 of 2)

If Geoff or Alanaes want to do anything blinded, please speak up now.

Round 2
Angvar waits...

Comat Map


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian didn't slow in his charge toward the woman, crashing one of her men to the floor as he went. It was obvious the woman had been so wrapped up in her own words and the noise of the crowd that she hadn't even noticed her accomplice go down. Continuing to rush through the blinded crowd, Darian brought his stool up one more time...

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15 Acro to avoid obstacles if necessary

1d6 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12 subdual damage


Darian, because of the dias (which did need an acrobatic check to get on without costing extra movement) and the fact that the large chest is directly between you and her, you can not charge this round.
And where does your character end up at?


Geoff places his hand on the hilt of his sword. He will wait for someone to try and attack him,
"If any of you are still near and can see, help direct me against anyone that comes near." Geoff says to his companions.


Round 2

Darian moves to the woman, and swings his makeshift club. Dispite her attemp to dodge him, he hits. She staggers back away from him, obviouly hurt by the hit.

Geoff is still blind (round 2 of 2).

She interposes the chest between them again, and utters an arcane phrase, gesturing at Darian.

Darian, make a Will save, DC13.

The man hidden in the toilet then makes his move.
Acrobtics:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
He struggles to move against the crowd.

The bouncers are still blind.

Terra's turn.

Combat Map


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

hp 19 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 19
AC 13 | touch 13 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 14
Fort +1 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+2 racial bonus vs enchantments)
Immunities magical sleep
____________________________________________________________________

Round 2

Spellcraft 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26 Identify spell cast

Terra tries to move up closer. If she can get in close enough to cast colorspray at either the man leaving the toilet or the woman that is engaging Darian (Terra will not cast the spell if Darian is in the area).

Otherwise she sticks back and readies an action to use use her Acid Dart attack to try to disrupt any others spells the woman dares to cast.

"Umm... There... their over there..." Terra weakly responds to Geoff.

Ranged touch: Acid Dart 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 (1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 / x2)


Darian shakes off the hint that something's funny about the situation.

Terra, either you move forward or you don't. You might have to push through the crowd, needing an acrobatics check DC 10 to get normal movement, otherwise it is treated as difficlt terrain. Which is it?Waiting because what you choose will affect what happens next.

Terra:
You recognize the spell as Hideous Laughter.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

If Terra is within 30 ft of the lady or can get within 30ft of her without entering the crowd she will ready the action to use acid dart as above.

If she cannot get within 30ft without entering the crowd she delays her action. She doesn't want to get trampled.


"umm... Terra, I'm sorta blinded at the moment. Just let me know if any of them get next to me."


Terra, you are 60' away from the woman, and 35' (and at a bad angle) to the man.
The only way to get closer to either of them is to get in the crowd.
So I guess you will delay.

Two of the thugs attack the bouncers they are near, while the last one heads over to where Darian and the woman face off across the chest.
Thug vs Bouncer 1: Attack:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Crit check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Thunk!
Damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1, 1) + 2 = 6
The bouncer is unsteady on his feet, and tries a wild swing.
Bouncer 1 vs Thug: Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15, Miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 86% Hit!
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 A wound to the thug!

Thug vs Bouncer 2: Attack:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20 Bonk!
Damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4) + 1 = 10
Bouncer 2 is out!

Thug Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
The thug ends up on the dias at Q11, and attacks Darian!
Thug vs Darian: Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
If it hits, Darian takes: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 of non-lethal Damage.

Alanaes is still blind. (round 2 of 2)

Round 3
Init:
Darian
Geoff
Thuvalia
Angvar
Bouncers
Terra
Thugs
Alanaes

Darian is up first.

Combat Map


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Hp 14/21

Darian takes the hit with a grunt and a half grin and plants a hand on the large chest to vault up onto it. "Oh, pal, you just went and did the dumbest thing you've ever done..."

Acro 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 moving to P11

Lining up a wide swing he sweeps his stool across at both his foes.

Cleave, +1 added from attacking from above.

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 1 = 23 To the woman

1d6 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19 To the thug

1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

If either of them drop, Cleaving Finish to the other

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


I noticed you said (2 of 2) for my blindness. Does that mean I can see in round 3?


Geoff blinks as his vision returns. Drawing his sword he growls' "Oh, someone is gonna pay now!"
He then moves to the dais where apparently Darrian is fighting some people.

acrobatics to move through crowd 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"..."

Terra watches as Darian gets hurt and as Geoff starts to force his way into the sea of panicked people. She timidly tries to make her way through the crowd.

If possible, Terra will pick her way through the crowd rather than force her way through the crowd like the others. not sure if that needs an acrobatics check or not, but if it does...

Acrobatics 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Uhh... Excuse- err s-sorry, c-coming through-ow!" Gah! Get out of the way, people!

If Terra can get within 30 ft of the Lady without double moving, she will acid dart her (or one of the other baddies if she goes down before Terra's turn).

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Having internet issues. For the last week, it has been very slow and inconsistant, but a few days ago it went down completely on my base. Shouldn't be too long, but I am not sure when I will be able to get on and post. I've been keeping up, and am still interested in playing though. Sorry guys. I'm actualy barrowing a battle's interenet just for this.


Round 3
Darian swings his improvised club around, laying out both the woman and the thug that was helping her.

Geoff, now able to see, pushes to the dais.
I guess a full move for you Geoff, because the dais is too far for a standard move.

The man, seeing Darian knock out the two, pushes towards the door.
Acrobatics check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
He is still lumbering through the crowd.

Terra moves forward 30'.
If you are going to shoot someone with an acid dart, please tell me who. Can you see the Combat Map?

Combat Map

By the way, if you can not see the Combat Map (which you should be able to see by clicking the highlighted "Combat Map"), please tell me. I'm getting a feeling that most people aren't seeing it.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Nice of you to join the party, Geoff." Darian says with a grin, shouldering his stool. "That guy there looks like he's trying to get to the door. Think we should help him?"


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Is Alanaes no longer blind this round?


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Sense the lady is now down, Terra will shoot the acid arrow at the man who is running away.


Round 3, cont.

Using Terra's attack from up-post, she rolled a 15. This misses the man she was targeting.

Bouncer 1 vs Thug:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Miss!
Thug 2 Acrobatics:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Thug 2 moves to Q 16, and attacks bouncer 1:1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15 Hit for 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4, knocking out Bouncer 1.

Thug 1 Acrobatics:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15. Thug 1 moves to W 18, and attacks Bouncer 3: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Miss.
Bouncer 3 attacks back. 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Miss.

Bouncer 4 perception roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10. Bouncer 4 starts to slowly move through the crowd toward Terra (ends move at J 11 next to her).
"Hey! No spellcastin' here," he says, as he grabs at Terra.

Bouncer 5 perception roll: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2. Bouncer 5 acrobatics roll: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0. Bouncer 5 pushes through the crowd to L7.
"Hey you two up there! Get down you thieves!" he yells at Darian and Geoff.

Alanaes is no longer blind, and can do something now.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian looked at the yelling bouncers like they were growing extra heads. "What the hell are you-" He started a retort but cut himself off as he saw one of them grab Terra. "Oh, these jackasses just went and ruined my good mood. Geoff, go after the crowd swimmer there, try not to kill him, eh?" he said pointing to the man struggling toward the door. "I'm going to go have a talk with that moron."


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

I can't see the map while I'm at work... If I recall correctly, though, the bouncer that is grabbing at Terra is six squares away?

"Darian, don't worry about that one. I have him under control.

Acrobatics to move freely, DC 10: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Alanaes nimbly moves through the crowd to stand beside Terra and looks the bouncer in the eye. "Don't even think about touching her..."

Trip attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Alanaes sweeps the man's leg, hoping to topple him over.

If the trip fails and the man attacks him, Alanaes can take an immediate action to attempt another trip.

51 to 100 of 1,361 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Cobalt's Unshackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.