Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Cobalt's Unshackled City

Game Master Craig Mercer

Our heroes are based in Cauldron, the northernmost city in Varisia. There they try to survive missions for the city, intriques, and maybe even save the world... or maybe not.


851 to 900 of 1,361 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian shrugs. "Didn't get very far before I was waylayed by a conversation."


Darian, taravel, and any others who join in

"And a very interesting conversation I am having with you too,"the thin man says. "But if I have stopped you from matters of import, than I do so appologise for my rudeness. Please, forgive my errors."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10

Felix sees Darian and Taravel after browsing through some books but not finding anything that interests him, and walks towards them.
"Hello guys, what are we doing over here?"


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

"Just sort of biding our time until Terra gets finished I think, Felix. And having a conversation of course," she says, nodding to the fellow she and Darian had been conversations with.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10

"Well that explains a lot. And hello sir."


Darian, Taravel, Felix

Felix:
Looking at the fellow Darian and Taravel are conversing with you realize that it must be none other than General Kefka (since you know Cauldron, you have seen him from a distance, or at least heard descriptions of him). He has a slightly sinister reputation as General of Magic, and is rumored to be the also in charge of Cauldron's 'underhanded' operations.

"Ah, Felix Mairail, are you also a member of this adventuring group?" the man asks, almost seeming to smile wider and his white teeth seeming to gleam. "Heh, heh, heh, that is most excellent, most excellent indeed. I am confident that you will all become great heroes of Cauldron, and Old Vhalandru will have statues made of you, just as he does for other heroic adventuers that have served Cauldron. Perhaps you may even remain in the city longer than those other heroes, who after selflessly helping the city departed for greener pastures."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10

"Your General Kefka right? Man in charge of some, rather unconventional operations, if I am not mistaken. Yes, I am part of this group. They needed a tracker and I needed some gold in my pockets." He says glancing first at Darian then back to the General. "And heroes? While that certainly would be nice, I think we are all far from the power of some of the Cauldron's heroes of old."


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

*Draw, write, draw.*

Ohh, I didn't know that went like that! How come this stuff was so hard before?


Felix, Darian, Taravel

"Even the great heroes had to start somewhere, Master Mairail," General Kefka answers. "I'm sure that in time you will join Cauldron's heroes. Heh, heh, heh."

"Ah, but I have spent some much time here, distracting you from your work. I should leave, and allow you to continue. I am sure that soon I will meet you again."


Soth-Loren, Emyralda

Your conversation is interupted by the young man who was sweeping before. He nerviously steps forward from a doorway and asks, "Might I get refreshments for you, noble visitors?"


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

"That guy came off rather strangely, don't you think? Why the interest in us, I wonder? Well, you two want to go see if Terra is finished with her writings? I'm getting a bit hungry."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"An odd duck, no doubt." Darian shrugged as they walked back to Terra's room. "She'll do this all day if we let her. Sometimes she needs to be reminded to eat."

Opening the door to her study, Darian says "Do you get to keep the room if you break for lunch? Do we have to pay again if we leave and come back?


Emyralda peers about the temple sanctuary, sighing in frustration when she realizes the futility of trying to narrow down a likely location from which an assassin could strike.

"What about High Priest Elnor? Was he killed in the same location as High Priest Assaad?" Emyralda asks Jenya.

DM Cobalt wrote:
Your conversation is interupted by the young man who was sweeping before. He nerviously steps forward from a doorway and asks, "Might I get refreshments for you, noble visitors?"

Emyralda glances toward Soth-Loren before replying to the young man. "Why yes, some water would be wonderful. Thank you, Brother -?"


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |
Darian Castilan wrote:
Opening the door to her study, Darian says "Do you get to keep the room if you break for lunch? Do we have to pay again if we leave and come back?

"..."

"Oh, I'm sorry, did you say anything Darian?" Terra responds when she finally realizes that she has been spoken to.

...

"Umm, That is a good question. I thought there was a guy working in the library, maybe we could ask him?


Emyralda, Soth-Loren

"No, he was slain on the steps of the temple, returning from a late-night meeting with the Council of Nobles," Jenya answers.

"I am Brother Ruphus," the young man answers, bowing and moving off to return shortly with a tray of mugs and a pitcher of clear water. He offers the water to the guests first, pouring the water for you, before offering it to Jenya.


Terra, Darian, Felix, Taravel

A quick inquiry discovers that the payment was for use of the library for the entire day, and that you would be given a token upon leaving that would allow for re-entery on that day.


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

"Let's get Terra a re-entry pass, and find some lunch. We might even be able to meet up with the others, and see what meanness they have gotten into..."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Getting a pass, Darian brought it back to Terra.

"IF you feel like joining us for lunch, we're headed to the inn. If not, I'll just bring you back something later."


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"Oh umm, Ok. Sorry it's taken so long... A-actually I'm at a good stopping point. Lets go get something... to eat..." Terra says a bit reluctantly, which is kinda strange for Terra when talking with Darian. Terra takes the token and follows the group out when their ready.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"It's alright if you want to keep working. I just think it's good to take a break every once in a while. We're in a new city after all. Lots to see." Darian says with a smile.

While making their way back to the inn, Darian makes sure to take a different route back than he took to get to the library. His knack for wandering cities keeping them from getting too lost.


Darian, Terra, Taravel, Felix

The group heads back to their inn. Darian is hard pressed to find a different route, as the circular bowl-shape of the city makes it very easy to navigate. But by taking Magma avenue back instead of climbing up to Obsidian avenue, you get a differnet view of the city. No longer are you surrounded by the manors of the rich and powerful, but lesser merchant's homes, good apartment buildings, and places of business. While you pass some large wharehouses (Garthrun's Imports), most of the businesses are small.

Down a level (on Lava avenue) you spy an interesting building. Interesting because of the illusions that surround it (or you assume they are illusions). Oversized rings, wands, and glowing trinkets circle in the air above a colorfully painted building. Brightly shining glyphs and runes cover the walls and roof of this shop.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Gee, I wonder what they sell..." Darain says with a smirk.


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

"Okay, I have traveled a bit in my day, but I have never seen anything like that! I don't have enough money to buy anything, but I'd love to come back and visit there one day. I bet there are a million trinkets in there!"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10

"Looks like an interesting place. Never been there myself. We could head back sometime if we get some extra money."


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"Wow. I wonder if those are illusions? Would they have to pay someone to keep the illusion going? Maybe a permanency spell or something? Maybe it's a magic item that keeps running or recasting the illusions. I bet who ever runs that magic shop is a powerful wizard! I wonder if I'll be able to do something neat like that one day..."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Not being particularly thursty, but always mindful of propriety, Soth-Loren accepts the mugs, and takes a sip before setting it aside for now.

"Any inkling as to what transpired at this meeting?"


Soth-Loren, Emyralda

"As far as I know, it was an early planning meeting for the next Flood Festival, as the last flood season had just ended,"Jenya replies. "And while he had concerns about the wands, I don't believe that it had come up in dicussions with the Council of Nobles."


"Thank you, Brother Ruphus," Emyralda smiles at the young man as she accepts the offered mug of water. "Please, join us!" she invites in a friendly, welcoming tone. "Tell us a bit about yourself. Have you been serving at the Temple long?" The young Varisian sips at her drink as she listens his answers.

I can't think of much else to ask or investigate, but I'm worried about leaving Jenya unprotected!


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra's Spell book is mainly background stuff, so don't feel like holding things up on my account. Feel free to jump ahead or whatever. Is the plan still to go goblin hunting?

When the group gets to the inn, Terra orders whatever the special is. Although it is not uncommon for Terra to be quiet at the table, she doesn't seem to be focusing on the conversations, her spell book, or anything at all, which is unusual for her.


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

Tara takes advantage of the meal and eats very well. "Where to next? "


Emyralda, Soth-Loren

"I have served in the temple for several years, since I left the orphanage," Ruphus replies, a bit nervous at being spoken too. "I have always wanted to serve the Church of Sarenrae since I was a child, and I am glad that I am now here."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Well, Terra's apparently lost between her ears, so we might need to find her before we do anything. You alright short-stuff?"


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"Ohh Ummm.... Well I-I messed up again... That spell you and Taravel wanted me to learn...I couldn't figure it out..." Terra confesses, crestfallen.


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

"Things happen, Terra. I'm sure that book will be there later, so you can take another crack at it whenever you get some time."


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"Yeah, I know... But later isn't going to help us with our goblin problem now...And Darian even gave me his spoils to pay for the ink..."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure there will be more where that came from. Then I'll buy you more wizard ink. It's all part of my master plan to get you to shower me with enchanted weapons once you figure all that out. Rule two of the sellsword guidebook is 'be nice to your wizard'."


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

"Well, do we want to head back out and look for more of those little baddies? How did you find them last time?"


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"We used ourselves as bait. They found us."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10

"Or I could find them. That has never been a problem for me." The hunter says while adjusting the quivers for his new arrows


DM Cobalt wrote:
"I have served in the temple for several years, since I left the orphanage," Ruphus replies, a bit nervous at being spoken too. "I have always wanted to serve the Church of Sarenrae since I was a child, and I am glad that I am now here."

"It's a wonderful thing to be able to fulfill one's dreams," Emyralda replies to Brother Ruphus with a friendly smile. "You are very fortunate indeed. You said that you've served here for several years - did you know High Priest Elnor very well? Do you know if there is anyone in the city that he clashed with?"

I'm ready to wrap up this discussion and head back to the others once we get a response from Brother Ruphus.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |
Darian Castilan wrote:
"Don't worry about it. I'm sure there will be more where that came from. Then I'll buy you more wizard ink. It's all part of my master plan to get you to shower me with enchanted weapons once you figure all that out. Rule two of the sellsword guidebook is 'be nice to your wizard'."

Terra chuckles a little bit. "...Ok, deal!" replies, her spirits uplifted a bit.

"I'm ready whenever you guys are. I'm all out of ink. I can now conjure binding webs, A flaming sphere, and summon animals. I can also conjure a golden dust that can blind and coat things, and I can turn someone invisible. It's pretty cool stuff."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"and that's why you should be nice to wizards." Darian says with a grin.


Emyralda, Soth-Loren

"I knew the High Priest Elnor for several years, ever since I was a child," Brother Ruphus answers, "But I have never known anyone who hated him in the city. He and the High Priest of Iomedae did clash at times over religious differences, but there wasn't any real hate to it."

Religion Knowledge DC 10:
Sarenrae is big on offering a chance of redemption, and Iomedae is more about smiting evil. So there is a bit of difference in their beliefs.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Know Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10

"Good stuff. I'll be looking forward to it. I wish I had some kind of spellcasting abilities."


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

"Hang out with us, Felix, and you might pick up a few things. I'm still how not how I picked up my little bit of magic. Maybe some of it will rub off on you..."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10
Taravel wrote:
"Hang out with us, Felix, and you might pick up a few things. I'm still how not how I picked up my little bit of magic. Maybe some of it will rub off on you..."

"That would be nice if I could. Have any of you heard the story of the great hunter? He is a legend here in the Cauldron. A ranger who learned divine magic, tamed a wolf, and killed three goblins with a single arrow! The man in the library earlier, these are the kinds of men he was referring to. If I could accomplish any one of those..." he looks like he trails off into thought


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"Yeah, that would be pretty cool to beome a hero... Man in the library? Was there someone else in the library with us?"

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10

"One of the leaders of the city was there in the library. Darian, Taravel and I talked with him for a little while."


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

"He was definitely a strange bird, wasn't he, Felix?"

851 to 900 of 1,361 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Cobalt's Unshackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.