Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Cobalt's Unshackled City

Game Master Craig Mercer

Our heroes are based in Cauldron, the northernmost city in Varisia. There they try to survive missions for the city, intriques, and maybe even save the world... or maybe not.


601 to 650 of 1,361 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

On my turn, (Later) I will, as a Standard Action use my Nobility Domain Power on myself (for a +1) and atempt to break free as a Move Action.

Str Check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Edit, hell's yah. And I mean. . . um sorry for stealing a good roll. . .


Alanaes holds his action, since he see what happens, and where his skills would be needed.

Zandu fires an arrow at the goblin rider (GD4) approaching him.
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
If hits; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

The goblin reels in his saddle, badly wounded.

Zenovia finishes her song, out of verses to sing.
She moves steps back and casts a spell at the hobgoblin and goblin rider (GD3), trying to miss Geoff.
Sleep spell: Affects Goblin Dog 3:Will save DC14 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Affects Goblin 3:Will save DC14 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Not enough to affect Hobgoblin.

The Goblin dog remains awake, but the goblin tumbles from his saddle asleep.

Soth-Loren breaks free of the entangle. Where do you move to?

Darian is up next.

Init:

Terra
Zandu
Zenovia
Darian
Soth-Loren
Goblin Riders
Rogar
Geoff
Alanaes

Current Map

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

That's a good question. I'm not sure. I did use a Standard Action to use a power and already used my Move Action to break free. Since it technically was not an actual movement, I could normally 5ft step, but being that I'm still in an area that is difficult terrain, I can not 5ft step, meaning I can't actually move this turn, so breaking free is pointless.


HP 13/13, AC 16, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Finally making it back where he could help, Gopher wove in between the various people and animals to lunge at the disgusting dog-thing the goblin was mounted on.

Move to w10

Bite: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21

Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Trip if Bite bits: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10


HP16/19, AC 18, CMD 21/25, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

Darian's Ride check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Darian kicked Smoke's flanks, sending the big horse surging ahead to lash out at the mounted goblin.

Move to W12

Attack: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25

Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

As his horse crashed into the mounted goblin, Darian swept his polearm past the creature to drive it toward the Hobgoblin leader's mount, trying to cut off the nasty commander's mobility.

Ranseur attack: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 1 = 16
Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 + 1 = 10

Don't know if that'll cut it. Guess my luck had to run out eventually. In case it does hit...

Cleaves:

Cleave to Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22
Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 + 1 = 11

Cleaving Finish to whatever's left within reach (-4 for adjacent): 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 - 4 = 22
Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 + 1 = 12


Soth-Loren, after looking at rules and such, I can see two things that apply to your situation.
1) Movement is based on the square you are going to, not the one you are leaving. So you can take a 5' step to open ground.
2)You have lost the entangles status. If you remain where you are, you would have to make the save next round, but if you do, then you could move and act freely.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Ok, if you will allow it, i shall move to V 12.


I should point out for future refernce that Zenovia has stopped singing, as she has used up her allotment of rounds of song.

Darian's hound attacks the nearby goblin dog (D3), wounding it but not tripping it.

Darian's horse strikes the sleeping goblin, finishing it off after Geoff's wounding it.

Darian wounds the wolf and the hobgoblin, but does not kill either.
So no Cleaving Finish.

The goblin dog (D3) attacks Darian's hound (*).
Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
If hits; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8; and Fort save vs DC12

The goblin rider on the other side of the caravan (GD4) decides that he doesn't want to get killed, and flees, riding off into the woods.

The Hobgoblin takes a step back out of Darian's reach, and pulls out a handy potion which he gulps down.

GM note:
1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The injured wolf is still suffering from Terra's color spray.

The last mounted goblin (GD6) makes an effort to finish off Rogar, who is in bad condition.
Goblin Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
If hit; Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Goblin Dog Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
If hits; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6; and Fort save vs DC12

Fortunately for Rogar, the attacks miss.

Rogar takes a step back, drops his club, and uses his wand upon himself.
CLW wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Rogar is now 19/27 HP.

Geoff presses his attack on the goblin dog (G3).
Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
If hits; Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

This kills the goblin dog.

Alanaes moves to back up Rogar.

And now it is Terra's turn again, then Soth-Loren's turn, and then Darian's turn.

Init:
Terra
Soth-Loren
Darian
Zandu
Zenovia
Goblin Riders
Rogar
Geoff
Alanaes

Current Map

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

On my turn, (which should be after Darian since I readied to wait until he moved earlier while mounted, unless I missed something), I will move to Y 8, and Channel Energy, which should hit everyone except the (GD6) and (H), but including the (M).

Channel Energy: 1d6 ⇒ 5 to heal


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Cant post a full turn until tomorrow night. sorry if I hold things up


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Round 9 Init 21
hp 15 / 19
Buffs Immunity to magical sleep

____________________________________________________________________

Terra moves to X11 and shoots another acid dart, this time aiming at the hob goblin.

Ranged: ranged touch attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 (1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Acid / x2)


HP16/19, AC 18, CMD 21/25, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

Move to Y11

Darian's horse closes the gap and barges into the staggered, wounded wolf.

Overrun. Not sure if it can make an AoO, or even choose to get out of the way while Color Sprayed.

Overrun (+2 charge): 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 2 = 28


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Thanks Soth, I needed tha- woah!" Darian says just before his horse lunged forward at the next enemy.

Ride Check (probably not needed, but just in case...): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9
Unable to effectively direct his willful horse's distance from his enemies but managing to stay in the saddle, Darian huffs in frustration.

"Dammit Smoke, now I'm too close. What did I tell you about that?" Darian says conversationally to his horse. Spiking his Ranseur into the dirt, he reached over his shoulder to draw his sword and swung it downward like an executioner.

Drop polearm (free action), draw sword (part of move action)

Attack to Hobgoblin:

Charge, Power Attack to Hobgoblin: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (6, 1) + 8 = 15

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 2 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 4) + 8 = 14

Cleave to Wolf:

Charge, Power Attack Cleave to (prone?) Wolf beneath his horse's legs: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 2 = 27
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 1) + 8 = 14

Crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (5, 3) + 8 = 16

Cleaving Finish in case anything is left standing:

Charge, Power Attack Cleaving Finish: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 = 13


HP 13/13, AC 16, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

With the quarters so crowded, Gopher falls back on instinct and circles around to look for a better line of attack. Seeing the ugly dog-thing with the smelly creature mounted on it's back, he moves between the wagon and the horses and leaps to snap at the ugly dog.

Move to BB10.

Bite Goblin Dog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Trip if bite hits: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


The hobgoblin proves to be too nimble to be hit by Terra's acid dart, but doesn't stand a chance against Darian's attacks, and falls to his onslaught.

GM roll:
1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

The remaining goblin manages to have his goblin dog mount avoid Darian's dog attack, but seeing that the odds are against him, retreats, riding off into the woods as fast as he can.
If Darian wants to pursue:
The mounted goblin moves just as fast as your horse. We'll need ride checks to run the chase.

A quiet settles over the caravan, broken by the murmers of the Varisi.

"My thanks for your protection," Zandu says. "We would not have survived such an ambush without you." He gives a slight bow to Terra. "Your magics were much appeciated."

Zenovia steps toward Soth-Loren. "I've sang myself out, my voice is almost gone," she says in a husky tone. "I think I have a bit of healing left, as the healer, Soth-Loren, direct me as to who I should give it to."


More notes in Discussion.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

As she comes nearer, Soth-Loren wil remove that arrow re recieved earlier, then take her hand and kiss it in thanks. "Your song was as beautiful as thou art, and nearly as poweful as thine eyes unto me. I thank thee for that. We should gather everyone to me closely, and I will heal all as one. But first, let us look to make sure everyon is safe. The children and the elders within.

Cleaning and putting away his sword, Soth-Loren will drop to one knee, both out of exhaustion and begin to offr a simple prayer, whispering "I thank thee for thine guidance and aid in this, and I hope that thou find our actions in this worthy of thee. Thou knowest in mine heart I hate battle, but also that when it is needed, we shall fight it with conviction and stand against evil and savagry. Help us to learn from it, and become stronger, in soul s well as might. Amen"

Standing proudly, Soth-Loren will walk with Miss Zenovia to check the three wagons, and then summon everyone to a spot that I can Channel (heal) at once if there are no injuries or missing.

On the way, I will stop before Terra, and place a kiss upon my pointer and middle fingers together. "I am very proud of you, my girl", with a smile and placing the two kissed fingers on her forehead.

Scratching behind Smoke's ears, something about "a noble and trusted steed is a blessing to a true warrior" can be heard before a knightly bow and brotherly hand shake is offered to Darian. "Come brother. Let us heal thy wounds and those of thine trusted allies."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Once that is all done, I will heal all who need healing 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

and if anyone individual is still in need, I can burn 2 spells for
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
and
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7, if I have to.

Anyone else, I can offer simple, mundaine healing and request Miss Zenovia to sing as well.

Heal: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

We should all check the bodies as well, see if any of them are still alive (I would seek to save their lives, question them, and take them to a prison on the way to our destination if possible), and I'm sure people want loot.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Thanks." Darian says to the healers, wincing as they pull the three goblin arrows out of his back.

Once fixed up he takes time to clean the sweat and gore from both his horse and his dog.

Putting away his kennel brushes he asks the group "So now we rest up and track 'em back to their camp?"


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra blushes and plays with the folds of her robes. T-thanks... I-it wasn't that great. It seemed to get in the way more than help... And I couldn't even hit a single goblin with my magic..."

Terra can't help but watch and blushes when Soth kisses Zenovia's hand. How can he just go up and do that all nonchalantly? I'd die of embarrassment if someone kissed me like that!

When Soth goes into prayer, Terra silently watches. It must be nice to have your prayers actually answered.

When Soth places his kissed hands on Terra's forhead, she goes bright red and lets out a mousy squeak. "Wha-I er Ahh...?!" After a long moment, she composes herself enough to properly reply. "Y-you did, did well too..." She says unable to look him in the eyes.

After helping clean up with use of Prestidigitation, Terra replys to Darien. "I'm ok to follow them back, You know, assuming we rest first... If, If that's alright with everyone else..."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Of course. We want you at full strength after all."

Looking around at the group and thinking back on the fight, Darian becomes concerned.

"Actually, it might be better to get the wagons where they're going. They were the bait, but they were also a giant pain during that fight. Lots of liability and obscured sight lines. None of us are trackers. Finding those goblins after a day of rest isn't going to be easy."

Doffing his armor and stripping out of his bloody, sweaty shirt to wash it he says "What do you think of getting to town, dropping of the wagons, hiring a tracker and coming back better prepared?"

Right now we're a three person party. Lets cut loose the NPCs get a couple more PCs and come back.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"Both seem like wise plans. I am not so sure this was just a distraction though. It feels like they braught out the musce for this, with a Hobgoblin and backup ambushers, as well as cavalry. On the other hand, it is very possible that we may lose the trail, and this might in fact cause any other villians to uproot and find another spot. What is certain is that we should rest and think on it for the night."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

As she sits there, studying her book, Soth-Loren approaches quietly, as if not to disturb, and waits patiently for her to notice. "Mistress Mage, would thou walk with us?", offering a hand to help her up.

Walking over to Darian again, stopping to pet Smoke and Gopher, offering a small treat to each, I wonder if we might council, away from the others a bit, my friend? Would you walk with us?"

Just kind of passing the time until we get the new players worked out. . .


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

...

...

"Eee!" Terra is surprised when she realizes that Soth-Loren is standing over her and she drops her book. Ack- ...I lost me page...

Terra hugs the now closed book to her and looks up towards Soth. When he finishes speaking she blushes even more than she already was. "O-Ok..." She replies as she timidly takes his hand.

When they get over to Darian and his animals she just stares at the critters as Soth and Darian talk and pamper them. People always assumed that she was good with animals because she was an elf. If it is true that elves have an inborn empathy for animals, it would seem she had missed out on that trait.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian shrugs and says to the wagonneers, "We're going to scout out whale you get us ready to move again. Give a whistle if you need us."

Once a ways off he says "What's going on Soth?"


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

"Yeah... I'm totally spent, so uhh...C-could we not got to far out..."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"Certainly. I just wishd to conviene on our plans for tomorrow. To weight the good and the bad of going after them or proceeding to town. I needed thy opinion, as I trust it, that is all."

It is just better to do this away from the crowd. On the one hand, we still have an element of spurprise, if there are more of those creatures. It is possible that that was all of them, and there is no longer a threat to travlers. It is also possible that , again if there are more they are attempting to rebuild their ranks for another attack, knowing we are weak.

"It was mentioned that we take the caravan to it's destination, and then return here alone to track down the creatures. This is perhaps the wiser choice, or rather least risky, though it also means we may be losing our chaance to end this threat, as they might move locations, and we knoweth not when we would return. A few days might be too long. It is possible we may take on a retainer in Cauldron as well to assist us?"

"What do the both of you believe."

Again, just kind of wasting time until the game picks up, might as well RP a little, :) .


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"If you ever meet an old soldier he got there by learning early that you don't take risks you can avoid. They're goblins. They've been here for a while. We've weakened them so folks who travel over the next few days are going to be safer. We've already done good here. Taking time to come back with fewer liabilities and greater strength wont just magically spirit the goblins away into hiding or let them fortify a fortress. Heck, they don't even know we're coming back. This sort of thing has happened to them before, no doubt, but most caravans just go about their business letting the next guy on the road fend for themselves. We come back later it will still be a surprise to them."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10

.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"I have come to care about, . . . these travelers. I wonder if part of myself is not so ready to lose them if we reach the town."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Heh. We just met them, Soth. Your heart must have a pretty wide doorway. We've done good by them though, and it's always good to have allies wherever you are. Maybe we can talk to them about a more long-term arrangement between us. The only thing better than a good base of operations is one that can travel with you."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"In any case, let's get a move on. That should be enough time to calm the animals and get them ready to move."

Darian makes his way back to the wagons and says "Ready when you are, folks. Everything looks clear out there."


Elsewhere on the trail to Cauldron, Emyralda removes the ancient Harrow deck left to her by her mother from her brightly colored pocketed scarf. Sitting in the back of her father's gently swaying vardo, the young Varisian holds the deck in her hands and slips into a meditative trance as her great-grandmother trained her. Within the stillness of her mind, one thought arises repeatedly: "Babicka said that a group of companions and I must stand against a darkness that threatens the land. Great Dreamer, can we do that? Will we be strong enough to divert a disaster - whatever it may be?"

Eyes shut, Emyralda draws a single card from the deck, opens her eyes, and studies it intently for several moments.

Emyralda uses her Harrowed feat for the day. Suit drawn: 1d6 ⇒ 1 (Attribute: Strength); card drawn: 1d9 ⇒ 1 (The Paladin: The Paladin symbolizes standing strong in the face of adversity. The Paladin does not back down under any circumstances. This card indicates the need to stay the course or do what one knows is right, even if it takes a heavy toll.)

"Desna smile upon us! I'll take that as a sign that we just may be able face and defeat whatever it is that Babicka saw. We'll just have to be resolute and stand together, regardless of what the future has in store for us."


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra silently listens to Darian and Soth, occasionally nodding in agreement.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10

Where is this crazy place, the Cauldron..

A man sits under a tree neat the road, pondering the map in his hands.
Ever the successful hunter, he pulls a section of salted venison out of his pack, and begins to eat. He shrugs, puts it in his pack, and continues walking down the road.

He sees another person (Emryalda) walking down the road. I havent seen another person around here in days. He begins to walk towards her.


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

Posting on the assumption the 'newbies' will group up on the way into town.

The golden skinned half elf plods along toward the city. She definitely took more from her human side, as she wasn't quite lithe and graceful, like her mother's people. Weapons were strapped to just about any conceivable open area on her frame.

Her sharp eyes caught a human who looked as though he was not from around this area either. She picked up her pace, and with her fast movement, she fairly quickly caught up to him. "You heading to the city?"


Meeting on the road sounds fine to me.

Felix:
I'm guessing that you didn't pick Cauldron as your favored community.
Cauldron is a city inside a extinct volcano, and so is on top of a mountain. The first village you should come to is Red Gorge, a settlement on the banks of the river at the foot of the mountain Cauldron is on.

Emyralda:
In interest of getting together, I guess that you have taken a stroll while the caravan has stopped. It is further along the road, just out of sight (but not out of hearing, should you need to shout for help).

Emyralda, Felix, and Taravel
The caravan road south from the northlands has been fairly lonely and empty. Only a few merchants travel to the Lands of the Linnorn Kings, and they are wary of strangers, particuarly since the bandits of the NoLands are always hungry for pillage.

Even the farms and small hamlets along the Velashu river hide in isolated vales amid the Red Mountains.

So seeing not one but two strangers on the road is of interest, and an oppertunity for news and speech for some.


Darian, Terra, and Soth-Loren
The caravan is ready to move in a short time, and does so with haste, moving away from the battlefield. Circling birds drop down behind you after you have moved on a short distance.
"Everything has to feed," Rogar calmly remarks. "I'm just glad we aren't the ones providing the meal."

The next few days pass swiftly, and nothing else arises to impede your journey.
The small village of Alford is briefly stopped at for one evening, with news and gossip traded. The grain mill on the river serves the local farmsteads, and the mayor is appointed by one of Cauldron's noble families.
While the goblins raid caravans on the road, they have not made a move to attack Alford, and the road should be quiet from here on.
The bounty for goblin ears is to be paid in Cauldron though, so you are advised to continue.

Two days later, you arrive at Red Gorge. The Velashu river cuts a deep gorge here, and the village perches on the edge. The broken remains of huge walls of red stone stand on both sides of the gorge, hinting at some greater city that stood here in ages past. Some parts of the broken walls have bas reliefs of a man with a polearm on them, but the weather and time have obscured much of the details.

Zandu points off to the east. "Cauldron lies upon that mountain."
You can make out the battlements of a city on top of a mountain, and a road winding up the conical peak to it, from where you stand.
"It isn't worth the effort for us to travel up the mountain just to travel back down, so we shall say Farewell to you here."

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

"You are not travelling into the city, my friends? It was such a plesure and an honor to travel at thy side, I do hope that someday, we shall cross paths again."

"I do not suppose that any of you might be able to suggest a place to go within th city?"


"That I do," Zandu replies. "The Drunken Leviathan Inn is the best traveler's inn in the city."

"Cauldron's laid out in decending rings, with four roads circling the lake at the bottom. The first and highest road is Obsidian avenue. The next down is Magma avenue, the Lava, and finally Ash which is almost level with the lake."
"From here, you will enter the West Gate, and the Drunken Leviathan is just opposite where the entry road ends at Obsidian."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Take care, Zandu. Look us up if you ever need a hand."

Dismounting to save Smoke on the steep road and so he wouldnt tower over his friends, Darian waved goodbye and started up the road toward the volcano city.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Walking over to Zenovia, "I would like to thank thee personaly, dear, for thy hopitality, and for all you and your's have taught me on the journey. I shall pray for thee, and for thy dear mother. Mayhap, we shall cross path again?"


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian grins as Soth seeks out the pretty young girl.

Nudging Terra he says "He's gonna have one in every port."


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra gives the caravan group a respectful nod in farewell but doesn't say anything.

When Darian elbows Terra, she shrugs and shakes her head. "We can't take him anywhere..." Terra says jokingly.


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

Taravel nods to the female who is also walking in the same direction as she and the male human. "You heading to Cauldron as well?"


Emyralda snaps out of her reverie as she spies the two travelers approaching her.

"Why yes, we are heading to the city," she responds to the other woman's question, studying the newcomers carefully and surreptitiously scanning the surroundings for any other hidden persons.

Knowledge (local) check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20.

"Two half-elves... One of obvious Shoanti descent. A curious pair to encounter on this road, to be sure," Emyralda thinks to herself. "My clan's caravan is just beyond that bend in the road," she adds aloud, gesturing behind herself. "We're on our way to Cauldron. Would you care to accompany us?"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

After all the goodbyes and other things are said, and we are ready to continue onwards, Soth-Loren will walk towards Miss Terra and Mr. Darian, whom he just now sees are awaiting him impatiently, . . . "What?", as if to say why are you both giving me that look?


HP 35/36, AC 11/11/10, F+5, R +1, W+2 Init. +1, Perc. +9

Tara meets the glance of the female. She was first intrigued by the...plumage of the lady. "I am not certain about him, but I am heading there as well. I'd be happy for company.". She fell in line beside the vibrantly dressed woman. "My name's Taravel. I like your outfit...it's very bright."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3, HP 28, AC 16, CMD 18, F +4 R +5 W +4, Init +4, Perc +10

"Sure, it's nice to have traveling companions. The name's Felix. Im heading up to the Cauldron as well."

601 to 650 of 1,361 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Cobalt's Unshackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.