Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Cobalt's Unshackled City

Game Master Craig Mercer

Our heroes are based in Cauldron, the northernmost city in Varisia. There they try to survive missions for the city, intriques, and maybe even save the world... or maybe not.


551 to 600 of 1,361 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Geoff steps forward and injures the goblin, but does not kill him.
Alanaes moves carfully around the slippery slope and the wall, arriving at the edge of the mist near the rest of the people.
Zenovia moves back into the mist, hoping to be unnoticed, but her singing is still heard, and might draw foes to her.

Soth-Loren is up, and then those goblins on goblin dogs.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblin 12
Zandu
Goblins Warchanter
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
Goblin Riders
Rogar

Current Map

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Still low on precious health, I will step to L2 and attack again.

Bastard Sword 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage1d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

I probably can not post again for a week, but will try to work my way towards Darian and take out all these Goblins, as we can not see the others comming up from the opposite flank.


Error in Soth-Loren's move, as I think he's mistaken G that is Geoff for a goblin.
And as for not seeing, there have been enough calls and noise to understand that things are happening elsewhere.


Now that the holiday weekend is over, let's get back to gaming.
Since Soth-Loren didn't get back to correct his mistake, I'll try to do what I think he would want.

Soth-Loren steps up to the goblin that Geoff is battling, and strikes. The goblin, already badly wounded by Geoff, falls to the ground.
Soth-Loren moves to K3.

The entangled goblin riders try to escape.
GD3: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
GD4: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Niether manage to escape the spell.

The others ride out from the writhing grasses, and attack the rest of the party with their horse choppers (a crude sort of polearm, but very sharp looking).
Miss chance for being in Obsuring Mist is 20%, or 1 to 20.
GD1 attacks Terra: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
If hits, then miss chance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 28
If still hits, damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
GD2 attacks Alanaes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
If hits, then miss chance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 5
If still hits, damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
GD5 attacks Zandu: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
If hits, then miss chance 20%: 1d100 ⇒ 73
If still hits, damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
GD6 attacks Rogar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
If hits, damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Zandu is cut by the goblin rider attacking him.
Rogar is struck by the attack, and strikes back.
Attack on the goblin rider: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The goblin is hurt, but still on his goblin dog.

The summond eagle disappears, leaving the lone goblin it was attacking perplexed as to where it went. He scans the sky, looking for the eagle.

And we are back to Terra, followed by Darian.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblin 12
Zandu
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
Goblin Riders
Rogar

Current Map


HP 13/13, AC 16, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Just to get it out of the way now...

Darian's faithful hound moves around Soth-Loren to attack the last goblin on the hill.

Move to K1
Acro to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Attack: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 2 = 17

damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

trip if attack hits: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14


I'll point this out again, and then let attacks fall where they may.
"G" is Geoff!
Goblins have numbers or other letters associated with them! (aka: G12 or GD1)
There are no goblins left on the hill!


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Round 5 Init 21
Buffs Immunity to magical sleep, +1 vs charm/fear, [/ooc]
____________________________________________________________________

Terra gulps as she looks at the situation in front of her. She then bolts from her cover, drawing an attack from the goblin that was attacking her GD1. She makes her way over to 14AA to the biggest group of goblins and lets forth her Color Spray Spell. Engulfing GD3 GD4 GD6 and their mounts in the spell, DC14.

I don't think you provoke AoO if you have cover or concealment, so I don't think GD5 gets one when Terra leaves the mist. If she does, Terra will have 20% miss chance on against both of their attacks.


Terra will have to make a Reflex save DC15 vs the Entangle spell, however, or get stopped and entangled.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

I forgot about the entangle spell, Terra instead would move to v10 and cast the spell, hitting GD2 & HW


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Soo... Are the goblins still conscious?"

Darian, I see your dog, but I don't see your post. Did you forget to post or was it eaten by the post monster?


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Argh! It must have, sorry. I won't be able to post a full action again until tomorrow. For now Darian Delays his action.

Darian looks around, hearing the sounds of battle but unable to spot any enemies.

"I can't see a damn thing! What's going on? Where's that big wall come from?"


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian growled, whistled for Gopher and then held his hand out for Soth-Loren. "Come on. Lets get back to the wagons where we'll be shot at less."

Waiting for his friend and pulling him into the saddle behind him he rode around the outside of the layer of fog, angling along it's perimeter until the wagons came into view and then stood tall in the saddle trying to get a look at things.

I'm going to Delay, and then give Soth a ride back to the thick of things, moving around the outside of the Obscuring mist to square BB8. Sorry about how long that took. I was trying to figure out a way to get an attack in, but i really just couldn't swing it with any degree of realism.


Sorry for the delay. Work has been rough recently.
Terra steps to the side, and launches a blaze of colors at two foes.

Will Save (DC14) for HG: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Blinded and stunned for 1d4 ⇒ 1 Rounds, then stunned a round.
Will Save (DC14) for HG's wolf: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10
Unconscious, Blinded and stunned for 2d4 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6 Rounds.
Will Save (DC14) for GD2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Unconscious, Blinded and stunned for 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2 Rounds.
Will Save (DC14) for GD2's dog: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Saved.

Terra's targets tumble to the ground, but then the Goblin Dog stands back up.

Darian waits on Soth-Loren.

The lone Goblin Bowman (G12) peers into the sky, wondering where the eagle that was attacking him went.

Zandu drops his bow, and pulls out his Shortsword and dagger. He stabs at the mounted goblin in front of him (GD5).
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 A miss.

Next up is Geoff (who everyone is mistaking for a goblin) and then Alanaes.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblin 12
Zandu
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
Goblin Riders
Rogar

Current Map

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Able to hear something going on, but not able to see any threats from here, on my turn, I shall double move back towards the caravan, (heading down and right as far as I can). I'll wait till my turn to designate a square in case something changes.


Darian has called for you, offering you a ride.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Without a word, Alanaes continues to do the best he can to bring down the multitude of goblins that have been threatening the caravan. He focuses his next onslaught on the closest goblin (or goblins if there are more than one).

I can't see the map, so I'm flying a little blind here. If I recall, I am next to two goblins? Alanaes will Flurry of Blows on one of them, if it falls, he'll focus his second attack on the other goblin. If he is not adjacent to a goblin, five foot step towards one or a full move if necessary (followed by a single attack).

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Wow... Failing with the dice roller today!!


Yes, Alanaes is next to 2 Goblins mounted on Goblin Dogs, GD1 and GD2.
GD2 is currently unconscious, although his Goblin Dog is still awake.
Not that it matters much, unless you are going to attack the unconscious Goblin, because those rolls would miss everyone else.

Zenovia continues to sing, as Geoff holds for a moment to get his bearings.
I'll bypass Geoff for a bit, since he's not near the battle. If I don't hear from him soon, I'll move him too.

Soth-Loren is next. Darian is offering you a chance to move with him and get to the fight quicker, and has held his action just for you.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Silent Image
Duration concentration
Sorry Guys, I forgot that silent image requires concentration. The spell should have ended a while ago... -_-'

Obscuring mist lasts for 2 minutes so that still has time left. are the majority of the people still at the caravan, or have any went into the mist? Let me know if you guys want the mist dispelled.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

I didn't see the offer, but I will definetly take it up. Odd, I checked back 2 days ago and hadn't seen the game move any, but the last few say from Wed, which was for my clock, 5 days ago.


Yes, it has been slow going. I am part to blame for that.

Darian! Soth-Loren will take you up on your offer! Tell me where you both end up, figuring that you both will move to get into position.

Terra: the caravan people are still by the wagons for the most part. But your mist is protecting you and others from the goblins. Just let me know what you decide to do about the mist.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

phone won't load map. If I remember right, I can wrap around the back side of the fog, and come in between two wagons to end up near to Al.

Darian hoists Soth up into the saddle behind him and takes off down the hill.

GM, I'll let you and Soth decide where we end up. I'm basically giving up my action to transport him so he can take his action where the action is.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Round 6 Init 21
Buffs Immunity to magical sleep, +1 vs charm/fear,

____________________________________________________________________

Terra moves to X11 and shoots an acid dart at GD1.

Ranged Touch: Acid Dart 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 (1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 / x2) (-4 shooting into melee, +1 hit and damage from Bardic Music)

Critical failure...

Lets get the ball rolling again!
Darien and Soth the illusion wall is gone, Darien should be able to see a goblin (GD5) and skirt around the mist to get over to him. He is the closest one and is 55 ft away. Soth is 10 ft away from Darien.
I recommend Soth move and get on the horse, ending his turn. Then Darien can take his held action. Move to 12R and attack with your glaive, or move to BB8 and back up Rogar. You'd then be moved to after Soth in the Init.
DM Cobalt Goblin raiders and Rogar.
Then top of the round with Terra's critical failure.

Init
Terra
DM Cobalt (Goblins, Zandu, Geoff)
Alanaes
DM Cobalt (Zenovia)
Soth-Loren
Darian
DM Cobalt (Goblin Riders, Rogar)

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Sounds good to me. Darian, if you want I can take a screen shot of the map and email it to you?


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Back at a regular computer, thanks for the offer though.

Since the wall's gone, we'll go right for GD5. I'll park the horse at G13 and drop Soth at G14. Because I can see the goblin, I think I can even charge him. Soth will have to dismount on his own though.

Seeing the wall suddenly vanish, Darian blinks, then spies the goblin. Changing his mind as soon as Soth mounts up he says "Hold on"

charge: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 29
damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 + 1 = 14

ride check, in case it's needed: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 = 10


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

crit confirm: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 + 1 = 24
damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 3) + 6 + 1 = 12

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Besides Darian and myself, is anyone hurt?

I will stay mounted for the moment, and Ready an Action to Channel Energy at a certain square, (depending on who needs healing). If it is just us two, I'll do it now, but if not I'll hold off until we are a little closer to the others.

Heal Living1d6 ⇒ 5 (30ft)


Darian, if you are going for GD5, then you are at R13, not G13.
G13 is the lone goblin archer.
I'm going to assume that you want to attack GD5, and move you as such.

Darian chops down the mounted goblin with little problem.

Soth-Loren's Channel will reach everyone but Geoff, Rogar and Zenovia.

The goblin dog that Darian killed the rider of (D5) attacks Darian's horse!
Bite Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
If Hit; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 and a Fort save for the horse.

The goblin and his riding goblin dog (GD1) in front of Alanaes attack him.
Goblin Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
20% Obscurment chance: 1d100 ⇒ 74
If Hit; Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Goblin Dog attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
20% Obscurment chance: 1d100 ⇒ 75
If Hit; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 and a Fort save.

Goblin dog (D2) attacks Terra!
Goblin Dog attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
20% Obscurment chance: 1d100 ⇒ 49
If Hit; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 and a Fort save.

Goblin and goblin dog (GD6) attacks Rogar!
Goblin Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
If Hit; Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Goblin Dog attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
If Hit; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 and a Fort save.

The other pair of goblin riders (GD3 and GD4) struggle in the entangle.
GD3 check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
GD4 check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Both break free and quickly move out of the entangle!
GD3 moves to Z11, and GD4 moves to EE11.

The goblin at GD2 remains unconscious, as does the Hobgoblin's wolf (HW).
The Hobgoblin blinks his eye, able to see again, but is still wobbly on his feet.

Rogar, bitten by the goblin dog, attacks the goblin rider again.
Rogar Fort save vs goblin dog bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Rogar attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
If hit; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Geoff runs back towards the party, ending at S8.

Terra makes her move, drawing an AoO from the goblin dog at GD2.
Goblin Dog attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
20% Obscurment chance: 1d100 ⇒ 19
Missed because of Obscurement!

Then she fumbles her spell (no doubt because of the goblin dog's distraction).
Good thing I'm not playing with fumbles. Unless you really want to add them.

The lone goblin archer decides that he doesn't want to face that misterious disappearing eagle again, and runs off!
G12 has left the battle!

Zandu attempts to kill the goblin dog in front of him.
Shortsword attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Miss!
Dagger attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Dagger damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

The goblin dog is wounded, but still on its feet.

Next up is Alanaes, then Zenovia (who will continue to sing from safety), and then Darian and Soth-Loren!

Init:

Terra
Zandu
Alanaes
Zenovia
Darian
Soth-Loren
Goblin Riders
Rogar
Geoff

Current map


HP16/19, AC 18, CMD 21/25, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

Base AC 15, +3 for leather barding. This Horsie is ok.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

HP: 12/21, AC 17
Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

As Alanaes is attacked by the horrible doglike creature, he attempts to trip it up, but he takes a bite in the process. Ouch! That hurt...

Trip attempt as an immediate action: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Then, Alanaes tries to unleash, with a flurry of quick strikes against the dog.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Apparently the dice roller hates Alanaes... That's two 2's, two 6's, a 4, and a 9 just in the past three posts :(


Alanaes makes his save.
The goblin dog is not tripped.

Zenovia continues to sing, hiding in the mist.

Darian and Soth-Loren are up next.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

I'm just waiting to see what Darian plans before I decide to dismount or stay on.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian whistles for Gopher and swings at the dog in front of him.

ranseur attack to D5: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 = 23
damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 + 1 = 14

Assuming the dog dies

"Terra, the hill's clear." he calls out. "Can you do something about that cloud-y thing?"

Then he spurs his horse forward.

"Smoke, Kill."


HP16/19, AC 18, CMD 21/25, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

Darian's horse tramples the disgusting dog-creature under his metal-shod hooves, surging to meet the next enemy and lashing out.

Moving to U13

attack GD1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
and nocrit.


HP 13/13, AC 16, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Darian's dog comes racing down the hill at his master's call, endign up behind Loth-Loren, waiting for further commands.

Full move to get back where he can help next round, wherever you'd like to put him, GMC


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Round 7 Init 21
Buffs Immunity to magical sleep, +1 vs charm/fear,

____________________________________________________________________

"Ohh! O-ok..."

Terra moves to 10w and dismisses the obscuring mist spell.


Soth-Loren, it's your move now, and then the goblins and Rogar and Geoff, and finally back to Terra.

Darian strikes down the wounded dog, and urges his mount forward.
His mount, Smoke, clips the side of a mounted goblin (GD1), but the goblin remains seated upon the goblin dog.
Darian's dog races back to the group (ends at R13).

By the way, I am assuming that everyone is attcking the goblin, and not his goblin dog mount. If you want to target the mount, let me know.

Terra, there is an uncounscious goblin and an active goblin dog in W10. That's the goblin dog that took the AoO on you.

Current Map

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

I'll dismount in U 12, (possibly taking an AoO), and attack the same goblin (GD1) as Smoke.

Without the Bardic Inspiration

Attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Oh, sorry, I thought the goblin dog was in W11. Terra will hold her current position then.


Sorry, you are correct, W10 is open, and W11 has the goblin dog. I'll move you there directly.

Soth-Loren dismounts, taking a swipe from the mounted goblin next to him.
AoO attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
20% Obscurment chance: 1d100 ⇒ 42
If hit; Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Soth-Loren's return strike hits and knocks the goblin off his mount, dead.

The goblin dog (D1)then attacks Darian's horse again!
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
If Hit; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 and a Fort save.

Another goblin dog attempts to bite Alanaes.
Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
20% Obscurment chance: 1d100 ⇒ 37
If Hit; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 and a Fort save.

The next mounted goblin (GD3) amuses himself by attacking the helpless horse near to him, as does the far mounted goblin (GD4).
GD3 attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
GD4 attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

The Hobgoblin shakes off the last bit of wooziness, and looks ready to commit mayham.

The mounted goblin and his goblin dog (GD6) attack Rogar again.
Goblin Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
If Hit; Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Goblin Dog attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
If Hit; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 and a Fort save.

Rogar then attacks back.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
If hit; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Geoff moves up and attacks the goblin dog (D2) fighting Alanaes.
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
If hit; Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Geoff hits, but does not dispatch the goblin dog.

Terra moves back, and ends the obscuring mist.

Zandu recovers his dropped bow, and moves around to try to attack the goblins attacking his caravan.

Alanaes is up next.

Init:

Terra
Zandu
Alanaes
Zenovia
Darian
Soth-Loren
Goblin Riders
Rogar
Geoff

Current Map


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

HP: 6/21
Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
You crit against me, do you need to roll the extra damage? More than 6 damage and I'm unconcious, and what follows can be ignored.
Is Inspire Courage still active? I've been having trouble following the battle a little bit and have been forgetting to include it. I am including it below.

Trip attempt (immediate action): 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 6 + 1 = 14

Alanaes unleashes a few more blows at the Goblin Dog that has been attacking him, before stepping back behind Geoff to catch his breath.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10

Alanaes then 5 foot steps back behind Geoff to hopefully avoid another bite.

You have got to be kidding me with these rolls...


Sorry, you are correct. I should have tried to confirm the crit.
Goblin dog attack to confirm: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
No crit.
And yes, Zenovia has been singing, so the Inspire Courage is still active.

Zenovia continues to sing, inspiring the group.

Next up is Darian and then Soth-Loren.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

If Darian doesn't do something that would make me change this before my action, I will 5ft shift to V 13, and with Alanaes's benevolent tacticle help, strike at the Goblin Dog in V 12.

Attack1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 26 (Str/Flank/Insp C.)
Damage1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13

Edit: Heck yah, first possible crit. . .

Attack1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 18
Damage1d10 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13

Edit #2: Ker-splat!

Edit #3: PS - Screw Darian's action, :), I'm doing this. . . ha ha ha


No problem.
Just give me a Ref save vs. the entangle that is active there.
Just to note: Even if you do get entagled, your crit still hits and is confirmed.

The goblin dog between Soth-Loren and Alanaes is hewn in twain by the stroke of Soth-Loren's blade.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Ouch, I as thinink that was something different. . .

Refl 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

:(


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian brings his polearm up and then crashes it down on the mounted goblin near him.

attack to G2:

Power Attack G2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 = 26
damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 = 12

crit confirm: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 7
No confirm

attacks to D2:

Power Attack Cleave to D2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
Wiff on the cleave, but...

Power Attack Cleaving Finish to D2: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 = 25
damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 = 15
...nails him with the follow up thrust

and then spurs his horse forward a few feet.

Move to V12, or W12 if both the goblin and dog are dead.


HP16/19, AC 18, CMD 21/25, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

The well trained war-horse barely balks at the blow it had just taken.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

To be fair, I moved into the area before the attack, and would be Entangled by it preventing me from the attack at all. Because it is difficult terrain, I can't even 5ft step into it, meaning I might get another AoO first, it is a second provocation. and I take a -2 to the attack roll, which means I may not confirm.


You are allowed to move into the area. It is difficult terrain, but you can still make a standard attack. I looked at the modifier for being entangled, and it adds a -2 penalty to your attack, which still hits the goblin dog and confirms the crit.
You also have a penalty to your dex of -4, and can not move until you make a Str check vs DC 15.


Darian cuts down the fallen rider and the goblin dog near Terra.

The hobgoblin, enraged at the failure to slay the caravan, urges the two free goblin riders to engage.
The nearest (GD3) moves froward, and attacks Terra.
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
If hit; Damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The other goblin rider (GD4) opts to go around the wagons, in between the horses, and ride up the far side. (He rode around the last wagon shown.)

The goblin rider fighting Rogar continues to press his attack.
Goblin Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
If Hit; Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Goblin Dog attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
If Hit; Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 and a Fort save.

Rogar is hit by both foes, and drops. 27/27 HP
Fort Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Rogar is disabled. He tries to cast CLW defensively. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
He does for 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
He is now 24/27 HP.

Geoff steps froward 5' and attacks the goblin rider (GD3).
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
If hit; Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The goblin is wounded, but not dead.

Terra and Alanaes are up next.

Init:

Terra
Alanaes
Zandu
Zenovia
Darian
Soth-Loren
Goblin Riders
Rogar
Geoff

Current Map


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Round 8 Init 21
hp 15 / 19
Buffs Immunity to magical sleep, +1 vs charm/fear,

____________________________________________________________________

"Ouch!"

Terra wheels back from the blow to 10v and blasts a dart of acid back at the goblin in retaliation.

Ranged touch: Acid Dart 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 (1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 / x2) (-4 shooting int melee, +1 hit/dam Inspire courage)

551 to 600 of 1,361 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Cobalt's Unshackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.