Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Cobalt's Unshackled City

Game Master Craig Mercer

Our heroes are based in Cauldron, the northernmost city in Varisia. There they try to survive missions for the city, intriques, and maybe even save the world... or maybe not.


501 to 550 of 1,361 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Sorry Alanaes, but you can't charge as the obscuring mist blocks line of sight. You have to move normally. But you still hit the prone goblin, and don't take the penalty to your AC.

Alanaes moves up through the fog, and puts the downed goblin out of his misery.

Zenovia dismounts from the wagon and starts to move forward, singing another insparational song.
Bard song, +1 to hit and damage, +1 to fear saves.

And finally Soth-Loren, and then around to Terra at the top again in init. Rogar will hold his action.

GM Roll:
Init checks
#2: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
#3: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

New Init:

Terra
Darian
#3
Goblins 1-6
Zandu
#2
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
Rogar

Yes, there are new spots on the Init chart. (~_^)
Yes, it is part of my evil plan. (You really didn't think that 6 goblins was it, did you?)

Current map

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

I'll move around longways (Up to T3, then over to N2, avoiding AoO's), to set up for a flank later next round. Does Zen's song have a range? Also, does the hill count as higher ground for the +1 to Attacks?

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

New spots? I don't see them? Might change my plan if that is the case, though as I'm in the OM to begin with I might not see them until at least after my initial movement, to be fair.


To answer your questions, Soth-Loren:
You will have to cut it a bit closer than T3 to get to N2, but can do it without a problem. Remember, it costs 5' for the first diagonal move, but 10' for the second (and every other even diagonal move). You could reach S4 as a 30' move, but T3 is 35'.
The first two squares of the hillside count as higher ground (the first 5' above level ground, the second 5' above the first or 10' high total), but the top part is fairly flattened, and doesn't give the high ground bonus.
The #3 won't be seen by you, but some of #2 will. There is a cluster of 4 goblins in L,M/1,2 moving up. You would notice them from S4 as they move up.
Bardic Performace range depends on what they are doing. Since Zenovia is singing, anyone who can hear her can benifit (which is a long range). Visual range (for a dance) would be line of sight.
And there you have it. I'm sure you will have second thoughts about your turn in light of the goblins, and will post again.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3
DM Cobalt wrote:

To answer your questions, Soth-Loren:

You will have to cut it a bit closer than T3 to get to N2, but can do it without a problem. Remember, it costs 5' for the first diagonal move, but 10' for the second (and every other even diagonal move). You could reach S4 as a 30' move, but T3 is 35'.

I was more going for a general staying out of range than square to square. Sorry, I should have been more clear.

DM Cobalt wrote:
but the top part is fairly flattened, and doesn't give the high ground bonus.

No worries, I was just checking.

DM Cobalt wrote:

The #3 won't be seen by you, but some of #2 will. There is a cluster of 4 goblins in L,M/1,2 moving up. You would notice them from S4 as they move up.

I'm sure you will have second thoughts about your turn in light of the goblins, and will post again.

In that case, I will move up to U3, where I imagine I would see the new attackers in L & M's 1-2, and stop to cast Protection From Evil on self, and shout out a warning to others, We have more coming up behind the hill, use caution Darian. I count four more of the vermin. Then utter the prayer, Heaven's guardian, grant unto thy servant a measuer of protection, and help us withstand unto the end.

Also, I'm not sure what happened, but my stats I displayed by name where wrong somehow? Fixed it


Upon further consideration, I'll have Rogar start a Summon Nature's Ally, so he is doing something.
Alright, its the top of Round 2, Terra's turn, and then Darian's.

Init:

Terra
Darian
#3
Goblins 1-6
Zandu
More Goblins
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
Rogar

Current Map

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

GW? Are all four of the new goblins, goblins?


Don't worry, he's just a Games Workshop Fan! (humor)
Yes, they are all goblins. But they might not all be generic goblins.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

No worries. I just didn't want to walk up to a Great Wyrm thinking it was a relatively save "Goblin Warrior", :)


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Got it, Soth!" Darian grunted at the knight's warning. "Al, Geoff, can you run interfeatance? I'd rather not catch any more arrows today!"


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

hp 19 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 19
AC 13 | touch 13 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 14
Fort +1 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+1 vs charm/fear) | Immune magical sleep
____________________________________________________________________

Round 2 Init 21

Terra moves to P9 and shoots her acid dart at the goblin G5.

Ranged: ranged touch attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 (1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Acid / x2)

I might be wrong, but I think that goblin is also flatfooted since he is standing in the grease. (not that it matters with a roll like that.)


Yes, that would miss. Sorry.
And now Darian is up, and after him the mysterious #3.

Current Map

Init:

Terra
Darian
#3
Goblins 1-6
Zandu
More Goblins
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
Rogar


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Gopher, Kill." Darian snarls edging his horse forward as he sweeps his ransuer around for another heavy blow.

5' adjust to L5

Attack G1: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 1 = 22
damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 + 1 = 11

Cleave G4: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 1 = 8
damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 6 + 1 = 11

Cleaving Finish G5: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 1 = 17
damage: 2d4 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 2) + 6 + 1 = 11


HP 13/13, AC 16, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Darian's hound closes on the nearest goblin, sweeping behind the horse to flank with his master.

Move to N5 (I'm pretty sure Darian killed Goblin 5)

attack G4 (i think): 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 + 1 = 11
damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7


HP16/19, AC 18, CMD 21/25, Fort +8, Ref +7, Will +3

Lashing out at the tiny creature in front of it, Darian's horse did it's best to kill his master's enemy

bite G4: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 1 = 15
damage: 1d4 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 = 8

hoof G4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6

hoof G4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5


Darian, two things I need to confirm.
1) Did you mean to have your dog go to N5 or M5. If N5, it must make a Reflex save vs the Grease spell. (I'll just guess you wanted M5...)
2) To have your horse attack and you attack, you must make a Ride check DC 10 as a free action each round (don't forget your armor penalty).
Anyway, G4 managed not to be hit by anyone, so he is still there.

Darian moves foreward, and kills more goblins. One, however, proves to be too nimble, dodging all attacks at him.

Then, from around the hill on the other side of the battlefield, more goblins pour out, lead by a larger goblinoid. They rain arrows at the people at the edge of the mist, while the larger goblinoid fires his longbow at Zandu.

G10 Attack at Terra: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage (if hit): 1d4 ⇒ 3
G11 Attack at Alanaes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Damage (if hit): 1d4 ⇒ 4
G12 Attack at Geoff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Damage (if hit): 1d4 ⇒ 2
HG Attack at Zandu: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Damage (if hit): 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The lone goblin on the hill desperately attacks the dog...
Attack at Gopher: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage (if hits): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Zandu, startled, loses a bowshot at the large Goblinoid...
Attack at HG: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage (if hits): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

The batch of goblins seen by Soth-Loren surge into battle!
Two of the creatures rush up to Darian, drawing their dogslicers, and attack him.
G7 attack on Darian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage (if hits): 1d4 ⇒ 2
G8 attack on Darian: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage (if hits): 1d4 ⇒ 3

The other moves toward Soth-Loren, pulls out its shortbow, and fires off a bowshotat Soth-Loren.
G9 attack at Soth-Loren: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage (if hits): 1d4 ⇒ 3

The last begins to croak out some sort of warchant in Goblin.
Bard Song for the goblins

Next up is Geoff, and then Alanaes.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblins 10-12 + HG
Goblins 1-6
Zandu
Goblins 7-9 + GW
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
Rogar

Current Map

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Placing his faith in the celestial, Soth-Loren does not move to avoid the arrows coming his way, allowing them to bounce off of an unseen wall, causing a slight ripple of glowing green magic to explode out before vanishing with each strike "Blasted fog. . ." he thinks before shouting out a new warning Warrior-Darian, I spot two, perhaps more goblins on the other side, perhaps meaning to flank thee, not realizing that there are more hidden from his view. Whispering, mostly to himself, Mistress Terra, I'm counting on you to keep them safe.


Seeing Darian beset by multiple goblins and heeding Soth_Loren's warning, Geoff moves quickly around the greased area and attacks one of the goblins.

actions:
move to N-4, attack G4 w/ power attack

att vs G4 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


The goblin goes down with a shriek.

Alanaes is up next.

Current Map


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

ride check for last round: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

if the dog is smart enough to recognize the hazard on the ground, he'll avoid it. Off not-

gopher reflex save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Sorry, though the fog would provide the caravan cover from arrows.

"O-ok." Terra says meekly looking at the goblins to the south.

Those in the mist line of the mist should have 20% concealment.

A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed. DC 14 ref save.


I rolled so poorly that no one in the line of mist was even threatened by an arrow, so I didn't even roll the concealment check.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

On my turn, I'm going to charge G#9 at O2

Bastard Sword 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 (or more if Zen's Bardic Performance counts. . .
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Sorry, missed a couple posts for some reason... I can't see the map at the moment, so I'll trust you to move me where I can reasonable go.

Alanaes starts heading up the hill towards the goblins atop, keeping away from the Grease as much as possible.

If he can reach a goblin, he'll try and trip it. Otherwise, he'll double move to get in range of the archer goblins.

Trip attempt: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

If the goblin falls prone, Alanaes gets an Attack of Opportunity against him that must be an unarmed strike. As the attack is considered an AoO, if it hits it will render the enemy flat-footed until the end of Alanaes's next turn (DC 14 will save):

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

If any goblins attack him, Alanaes will use his Redirection ability to try and trip them (see his profile). You can roll that for me if you wish.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

hp 19 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 19
AC 13 | touch 13 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 14
Fort +1 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+1 vs charm/fear) | Immune magical sleep
____________________________________________________________________

Round 3 Init 21

Terra looks to the goblins to the south and swallows. I-I got this...

Terra starts to cast a spell, and a large stone wall rises silently from the ground, between her and the caravan and the goblins to the south. She makes it 10 ft high and as long as the silent image spell will allow her to. She hopes to funnel the goblins north into her fighters, but in the worst case she can hopefully buy a round or two with them going around the "wall". The wall starts at n8/o8 to s19/t19.

If it is common enough knowledge that goblins hate words, she will also make the was covered in words, hopefully making the wall that much more menacing to the goblins.


Alanaes moves carefully up the hill, and attacks one of the goblins confronting Darian. Much to his chagrin, he barely misses.

Zenovia continues her Bard song, moving to the edge of the Obscuring Mist.

Soth-Loren charges at the closest goblin, but alas, his swing is wide.
Yes, Zenovia's bard song can still be heard, as well as the goblin's song.

Rogar finishes summoning an Eagle, and moves up closer to the battle, readying his weapons.
The eagle (e) fly’s forward.

GM Roll:
Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Round 3
Terra creates her "wall". Yes, that would be 6 10' cubes, more or less.

Darian is up next, then the goblins, goblins, Zandu, and more goblins.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblins 10-12 + HG
Goblins 1-6
Zandu
Goblins 7-9 + GW
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
#4
Rogar

Current Map


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Dammit! More archers!" Darian growls as goblins appear from the other hill. "I got 'em."

Wheeling his horse, Darian risked the blades of the goblins near him, leaving Gopher to help his friends.

ride: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Charging across the road, he sweeps his polearm across the goblin line.
Move to H12

First attack to G11:

Charge power attack to G11: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 28
crit confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
damage: 2d4 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 + 1 = 13
crit damage: 4d4 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 3) + 16 + 2 = 29
If crit is successful, 42 damage total

cleave to G10:

cleave to G10: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 21
damage: 2d4 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 8 + 1 = 14

cleaving finish to HG:

cleaving finish to HG: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 + 2 + 1 - 1 = 28
crit confirm: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
damage: 2d4 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 + 1 = 16
crit damage: 4d4 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (1, 1, 1, 3) + 16 + 2 = 24
If crit is successful, 40 damage total

Darian the human wrecking ball. :)


HP 13/13, AC 16, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Gopher moves into the space Darian's horse had just left (L5) and continues it's assault on the tiny green creatures.

attack: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 1 = 13
damage: 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9

free trip if attack successful: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 = 8


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Does Zenovia's bard song affect combat maneuvers. If so, I forgot to include it in my attack above, but will remember to do so from this point onward. If not, then no problem :)


Since Bard song gives +1 on attacks and damage, it should work.

Core Rule Book wrote:

When you attempt to perform a combat maneuver,

make an attack roll and add your CMB in place of your
normal attack bonus. Add any bonuses you currently
have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects.
These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or
attack used to perform the maneuver.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Modified Cleave to G10, bashing with haft of polearm. -4 penalty added. Revised Attack total 17. Damage for large improvised weapon:

1d8 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11


From H12, G11 is 5' away, and G10 is at the proper range of 10". HG still remains out of reach. Any more corrections?

Current Map


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Not G11. I should be at i13. That makes the attack sequence work hitting a goblin far, a goblin close and finishing with the hobgoblin.


OK. Your original post said H12 was where you wanted to be, and you hadn't changed that, so I wondered.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Sorry for not being clear. My position is less important than making the attacks work.


Darian sweeps his weapon in a astonishing display of mayhem, downing 3 of the goblins.
The last goblin take a step back, and fires an arrow at him.

G12 attack on Darian: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage (if hit): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

GM Roll:
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12Fail Will save vs illusion.

Zandu looks at the newly created wall with a bit of puzzlement, and then move off into the Obscuring Mist to try to gety to the battle. He ends up next to Terra.

The goblins on the hill contiue their attacks against their foes. The one facing Soth-Loren takes a step back out of weapon range to fire his shortbow at Soth-Loren again. The goblin chanting continues his song, also stepping back.
G7 attacks Darian's Dog: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage (if hit): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
G8 attacks Alanaes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage (if hit): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Alanaes Reposition tripping attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
G8 falls, Refex save DC13 vs sickened: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Fails, and is sickened.
G9 bow shot attacks Soth-Loren: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage (if hit): 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Crit Confirmation: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage (if confirmed): 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9
Damage to Soth-Loren is 12 pts!

Next up is Geoff and then Alanaes.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblin 12
Zandu
Goblins 7-9 + GW
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
#4
Rogar

Current Map


Seeing Soth take a serious hit from an arrow, Geoff decides to make himself the biggest threat by moving into the goblin's midst and attacking the chanting goblin.

actions:

move to L-2 (provokes from G-8, but he's prone and sickened. G-9 has a bow so he doesn't threaten).
attack w/ Power Attack GW.

Att vs GW 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Alanaes easily dodged the goblins attack and used the small creatures momentum against him, tripping him up. He then turns his attention to the other goblin nearby, intending to take him out quickly.

5 foot step to L5 and then flurry of blows on goblin G7. If G7 drops after the first blow, the second attack will be on the prone G8.

Flurry 1: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 1 = 12
Damage 1: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Flurry 2: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7
Damage 2: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Unfortunately, Alanaes finds himself losing his balance on the hill, and his fists do not meet their target.

I'm assuming he whiffed with those rolls!


Geoff comes close to the chanting goblin, but it nimbly sidesteps his swing.
Maybe it is the hillside that is throwing Alanaes off balance, or maybe it is the dog dashing around where he steps, but he too misses.

Zenovia continues to sing, hoping that the heroes are doing well, even though she can not see them because of the mist and the wall.

Soth-Loren is up next, then group #4.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblin 12
Zandu
Goblins 7-9 + GW
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
#4
Rogar

Current Map

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Deciding to press the attack for the moment until reenforcements arrive to help, and leaving the nearly critically fatal arrow still lodged in his chest, Soth-Loren advances to continue the attack.

5ft step to N2 and attack "G9".

Bastard Sword 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Geeze I hope that hits. . .


Soth-Loren cuts down the goblin archer in front of him.

Then, from the gap in the hills to the south of the caravan, rides a large group of goblins mounted on goblin dogs, led by a much larger goblinoid on a worg!
Since they had to full move to get there, that is the end of their turn.

Rogar steps towards them, and casts entangle upon the group.
The yellow boundry is the entangle, I couldn't quite get it perfect.
Saves (DC15)
GD1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
GD2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
GD3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
GD4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
GD5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
GD6: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
HW: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Only two of the mounted goblins seem to be affected by the entangle.

Rogar's eagle attacks the last goblin archer by Darian.
Talon 1 attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
Talon 2 attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Bite attack:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Bite damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Although wounded, the goblin archer still stands.

Round 4
Terra is up next, and then Darian. Don't forget that there is a wall between Darian and the new attackers.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblin 12
Zandu
Goblins 7-9 + GW
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
#4
Rogar

Current Map


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Round 4 Init 21Buffs Immunity to magical sleep, +1 vs charm/fear, 20% miss chance [/ooc]
____________________________________________________________________

Terra looks to the goblins to the south east. G-guys we have trouble...

Terra moves to U12, staying along the edge of the mist spell, and lets loose an acid dart at GD2

Ranged: ranged touch attack 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 (1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 / x2)


HP 13/13, AC 16, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

Gopher whined at the vicious cut but continued snapping at the green menace, moving to the side like a herding dog to flank with his pack-mates.

5' adjust to the right

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

trip if attack hits: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

fumble?


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian wheels his horse again and moves to Alanes' side sweeping his blade acros the pair of goblins.

move to k6

attack to G8:

attack G8: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 16
damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 2) + 8 = 14

Cleave to G7:

attack G7: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 27
damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (3, 3) + 8 = 14

ride check if needed: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Edit: forgot cleaving finish

Cleaving Finish to G7 (if G8 dies):

attack G7: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 10
damage: 2d4 + 8 ⇒ (4, 3) + 8 = 15


Terra calls out a warning, and moves to confront the new attackers.
Her attack wounds one of the goblins, but not fatally.

Darian's Dog barks menacingly at the goblin in front of it, but fails to bite.
Darian rides up to the fray, and dispatches the two goblins with ease.

The lone goblin archer steps back and fires an arrow at the eagle attacking him.
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

He wounds but does not kill the eagle.

Zandu moves after Terra, allowing her to guide him in the fog.
Stepping to the edge of the mist, he fires an arrow at the closest goblin rider.
Move to T12.
Attack GD1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The goblin takes the arrow deep into him, but although he sways on the goblin dog he is riding, he does not fall.

The goblin Warchanter continues his chant, stepping back from Geoff. He then tries what seems to be a comedic twist to the chant, also miming some exagerated gestures at Geoff.
Will Save vs DC 12 for Geoff, +4 bonus because of conditions of the spell.

Next up is Geoff (and his save) and Alanaes.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblin 12
Zandu
Goblins Warchanter
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren
Goblin Riders
Rogar

Current map


will save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Shaking off whatever magical effect the goblin attempted, Geoff steps forward and swings with all of his might.

actions:

5'step to K-2, attack GW w/PA

att vs GW 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

damage 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

"Geoff, if you can handle this creature, I'll go help the caravan!"

Without waiting for a reply, Alanaes heads off in the other direction, back down the hill toward the caravan. "I am on my way!"

Double move back to the caravan. I cannot see the map right now, but if I recall correctly, Darian took out the two I was fighting and Geoff is next to the Warchanter. I don't believe I can reach any of the new goblins in one move.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian watches Alanaes run back towards the wagon. "Eh?" he says, confused. All he could see was a big wall that hadn't been there before and a bunch of fog.

Whatever's goin' on, it aint' good.


Sorry, running a bit late on posting. I'll post a new map and such later today.
Alanaes, you are correct, you can't get to the new goblins in one move, but I can get you in the area with a double move.

Zenovia steps back deeper into the mist, and continues to sing.

Soth-Loren is up next.

501 to 550 of 1,361 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Cobalt's Unshackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.