Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Cobalt's Unshackled City

Game Master Craig Mercer

Our heroes are based in Cauldron, the northernmost city in Varisia. There they try to survive missions for the city, intriques, and maybe even save the world... or maybe not.


451 to 500 of 1,361 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |
Gran wrote:
She turns towards Terra. "How long will he be at this size, my dear? He's a mite inconvienient this big, and no doubt an appitite to match."
Darian Castilan wrote:
Darian just blinks and looks to Terra with a helpless expression, completely out of his element in terms of how to get back to normal size.

...

...

...

"...Who said anything about changing back?"

Terra lets the statement sink in a minute, then dismisses the spell.

"just kidding..."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian looks down at himself, then over at his horse with an apologetic expression.

Then he starts to shrink. Surprised at first he grabs the ground and spreads his legs out like he's trying to keep himself from falling.

"Woah. That... feels really weird. Also, you're a brat. Thanks." He says with a grin.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |
Darian Castilan wrote:
"Woah. That... feels really weird. Also, you're a brat. Thanks." He says with a grin.

Terra crosses her arms and harrumphs, but she cant stop the smile on her face.


Gran laughs softly at the exchange, and begins to tend to Darian's wound.

Zenovia also helps tend to the injured heroes, giving each a smile as she aids Gran. She also sings a soft tune as she does so.
CLW on Darian: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
CLW on Alanaes: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Thanks." Darian said, working his shoulder back and forth to check how much better he was and poking at the new pink skin. "A night of rest and I should be fine."


Hopefully, our cleric will also heal people, hint, hint.

The night passes without too much trouble, as few things will live in the hunting range of owlbears. The next morning will dawn bright with promise, and after a filling meal, the caravan moves out.

If you wanted to RP anything overnight, please go ahead. I just pushed on because almost everyone was quiet.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

I think with treatment, I heal 2 hp over night. I'll call that healed enough.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra is the first to bed and the first to rise in the morning. She is found, unsurprisingly, pouring over the large tome she always seems to be reading.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Sorry, I haven't been able to get online in a week or two now. I've a lot to catch up on. I will heal, what are peoples HP looking like?

Channel good feeings and bunnies and stuff (x2)2d6 ⇒ (1, 3) = 4

(or if we rest the night I'll burn them all)

Otherwise, I would like to spend most of the rest of the day and evening with Miss Zenovia, talking about the battle, chatting, and maybe discussing a various tactics and "what-ifs".


Soth-Loren:
Both Alanaes and Geoff are still hurt(although your channels will bring Darian back to full.
Zenovia is busy with Ol' Gran tending to the wounded, and exahusting her meger talant for cures. Since the caravan isn't going much farther (in Zandu's opinion, nothing else would be around owlbears, so this place should be safe now), you can expend your spells.
Be my guest in talking to the others and Zenovia. She'll chat with you, and I haven't really pushed on from the evening yet.


Terra:
Zandu is also awake, and comments, "Such an early riser you are. And such a large tome you have, is it your book of spells?"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Ok, I'll expend all my stuff. Do you need me to roll it or is it okay to say between the rest and spells, most should be good?


I'll just say that you expending your stuff should be enough to heal everyone back to full.
So everyone is back full on HP.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Early Birds:

Terra nods into her book. "Yeah. I-I need to keep the magic fresh in my mind. That and I have alot of studying and research to do. I... I want to learn stronger magic to help protect my friends. I might have been joking around with Darian before, but... I-I don't like to see them get hurt like that..."


Terra:
"Indeed, seeing one's friends get hurt is not something that one wishes to see," Zandu answers. "I wish you best on your studies." He heads off to get the caravan ready to travel.

The caravan sets off, the pace of travel a bit slower, as the nearness of the mountains makes the land hilly. The road winds amoung the hills, sometimes close to the river, other times deep in the hilly forest.

Perception Roll, please. DC 22

DC 22 Perception Check:
Up ahead, where the road winds between two hills, you hear an untnatural high pitched twitter, and see shapes at the top of west hill.


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Groggily waking, his soldiering habits hard to break, Darian puts a shaving kit near the fire to warm.

Overhearing the end of the conversation he yawns and says "Better us than you, Tiny."


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Alanaes spends some time in the morning practicing his forms. Once the caravan is back on the road, however, Alanaes focuses on studying the terrain around them, keeping a leery eye on the forest and the hills. He starts to relax, however, as he doesn't spot anything.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra smiles into her book when she hears Darian's comment. I'd still rather find a way to protect everyone from harm somehow, or to at least minimize it...

As the caravan continues on, Terra continues pouring over her spell book.

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Terra's ears twitch and she raises her head from her book.

What was that?

She snaps her book shut and pokes her head out and takes a good look from where she heard the noise.

"hey-umm, there is something up ahead... somethings up on the hill over there, looks like they might be setting up an ambush for us...


oblivious as usual, Geoff responds, "Where? I don't see anything."


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

"Well it's about time. Let's give them something to bite on. I'm gonna ride out ahead a bit, see if I can get their attention. Come on boy." he said with a short whistle.

Darian began to ride out ahead, his dog at his side.

Full defense, but trying not to look like it. Shield resting against my leg, Ranseur resting in stirrup. Gopher trotting next to me.


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

Alanaes follows Darian on foot and whispers to him, "Can't have you out here alone."

Alanaes will follow Darian's lead, with full defense as well.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

W-Wait, You can't just run off by your self- Not yoou too Alanaes... B-B-Becareful!" Terra says from the cart/carriage, whatever she is riding on.

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Wait. If they mean to seperate us for an ambush, we are in grave danger. They hold the high ground, and there is little protection that we might hide behind for either boulder or fire. We have innocents to think of. Stop the wagons, before it is too late. We should also spread out, lest they catch us in close quarters with either magic or boulders.

Jumping down, gather the children and the elderly for protection, to arms, but slowly. Let them not see us prepairing.

Is there something we can roll to identify what creatures or peoples we see?


Soth-Loren:Whatever it is, it is trying to Stealth, and 22 is it's Stealth Check. You can't see it well enough to tell what it is.

GM Rolls:

Perception Rolls
Zandu 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Zenovia 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Init
Alanaes 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Darian 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Geoff 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Soth-Loren 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Terra 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Rogar 1d20 ⇒ 8
? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Zandu 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Zenovia 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

So far, only Terra ands Soth-Loren have made their perception rolls, so they get to act in the surprise round.
So, Init for the surprise round is:
Terra
Unknowns
Soth-Loren
So Terra is up first.

Then for Round 1 Init:

Init:
Terra
Darian
Unknowns
Zandu
Rogar
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren

Here is the map. The squares are 5".
The woods run from the lines back off board, and the road and center part is open.
The hills are about 10' high (extra 5' move to go up in the first 5' square of a hill, and that square is 5' high).

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Alaneas rolled "Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16" above.

So, I beat the check, but still don't see anything? I'm confussed.

I'll postpone till the end of the round so that, . . . oh wait :)

In all seriousness, did the others manage to run off or not? Did I actually say what I said above? If the others did run up prior to the surprize round, I will sit and wait. If they did not I will immediately call for a halt of the wagons, and run to a position to guard Miss Zen's elderly mother or nearby children in the open if there are any.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Are they on the decline of the hill? Could a well placed grease spell case them to tumble down the hill and right into our warrior's paths? If possible...

Terra moves to T8 and casts grease on areas N5, N6, O5, & O6.

If it doesn't look like that will work... Terra will pull out her scroll of obscuring mist and cast it so that the caravan has concealment from the attackers.

Soth, I think that we can sense/see them up there, but they are still obscured enough to not know exactly what the threat is(if you look at the map, they are at the edge of the forest line, which probably provides cover). DM Cobalt, can we make out enough to tell if they are small or humanoid?


Terra has the right of it, Soth-Loren. You cantell that there are things up on the ridge, but not enough to tell what they are. Alanaes and Geoff have moved forward, but do not see the creatures, and have no idea where they are.
Yes, if you want to, you may place yourself further forward or back. I took it that you did shout out the things you did, the wagons are stopping, and people are preparing for the worst, in this 6 second warning duration. I also took it that you did not charge forward blindly like the other two.

Terra, whatever is up there is at the edge of the slope. A grease spell might work...but they are at the top, and not in the middle. I'll let you decide what to cast, and when you do I'll continue.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

She will go with the grease spell then.


Terra runs forward, and casts a spell upon the ambushers.
Ref Save G5: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 DC14
Ref Save G6: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 DC14

Both creatures wobble, but remain standing.

Then the hillside erupts with arrowfire as Goblins attack the nearby party.
G1 Attack vs Darian: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage (if hit): 1d4 ⇒ 4
G2 Attack vs Darian: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage (if hit): 1d4 ⇒ 3
G3 Attack vs Alanaes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage (if hit): 1d4 ⇒ 1
G4 Attack vs Alanaes: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Damage (if hit): 1d4 ⇒ 4
G5 Attack vs Terra: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Damage (if hit): 1d4 ⇒ 2
G6 Attack vs Terra: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Damage (if hit): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Since Darian and Alanaes were unaware of where the attackers were, they are surpised and flatfooted this round, even with their called Full Defense. So Darian will get hit twice for 7 points.
And Terra will get hit once for 3 points.

Next up is Soth-Loren.

MAP


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Terra wheels backwards from the force of the arrow slamming into her shoulder, and yelps in pain! "Gahh!"

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Torn between leaving those who may need protection, and assuming there will be a follow up ambush behind our caravan's trail, Soth-Loren advances to V9, and I will Channel Energy to heal.

1d6 ⇒ 3

Let the very heavens open themselves, and fill us with a divine righteousness. Let it's cool wind ease our suffering, and gurd us in holy raiments, that we might better fight off such villany and cowardace. . . , as Soth-Loren flips his sacred sword, grabbing it firmly by the blade and thrusting it into the air as if a holy symbol. A light glowing green magic bursts forth, and celestial divine runes and glyphs surge to life amongst the nothingness, spreading some minor healing, (aka I paint a big target on my chest).


Back to the top of the order, Terra's up first, then Darian, and then the Goblins.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblins 1-6
Zandu
Rogar
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren

MAP


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

hp 19 | Temp 0 | NL 0 | Total hp 19
AC 13 | touch 13 | flat-footed 10 | CMD 14
Fort +1 | Ref +3 | Will +3 (+1 vs charm/fear) | Immune magical sleep
____________________________________________________________________

Round 1 Init 21

Terra looks down at the arrow as the wound closes and forces it out of her body. "Man, sometimes I wish I was able to do stuff like that..."

"I-I'm going to give the caravan cover!" Terra says, and then chants into her hand, a pink light lowing on the gem of the only ring she wears.

Terra casts obscuring mist from her ring!

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

Round 1, Init = Dead Last
HP: 18, Ac: 12, Touch: 19, Flat Footed: 11
Fort: +4 , Relf: +1 , Will: +6
BaB: +1 , CMB: +3 , CMD: 14


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

How steep is the hill? Can it be ridden up?


It is about a 45 angle. I think that qualifies as sort of steep. If you want to ride up the hill, go ahead. I would say it is a DC 5 just to get the mount up the hill with no problems (check is part of the mount's Move action), or a DC 15 check to ride up hill and have both you and your mount attack (check is a free action).


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Darian spurs his horse up the hill, standing high in the sturrips. He whistles sharply, calling for his dog to attack. At the apex of the hill he sweeps his ransuer across the line of goblins.

I'll take the DC 15 check
ride: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12

cleave: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12

cleaving finish if any die: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 = 13


Please tell me where you rode to, so I know who got killed.
And Ride takes an Armor Check Penalty. Did you add that in?


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

sorry, posting from phone. Lots of mess ups. I'm going right into the middle of them. Hopefully I'll kill the closest ones so when they attack I'll get AoOs


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

Ok, back from real life. Looking at this again.

Looks like I screwed up my Ride check by not adding my Armor Check Penalty.

At the time I looked at my +9 and figured I could risk the DC15. With the ACP it's only +5. Because of that I would have chosen the DC5 and skipped my mount's attack.

(unless you'll allow a Take 10 in place of the original ride roll)


HP 13/13, AC 16, CMD 15/19, Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1

In either case, Darian's dog moves with him, keeping at the horse's flanks. Because he can't charge uphill he can't attack this round, so he'll keep just behind and to the left of the horse (as per the Follow trick).

That means the horse should be at L6 and the dog at K7,


Darian, I was taking into account all the things that you were doing on a sliding scale for the Ride check. Since you made the DC 5, you get the control with knees. Since you missed the DC 15, the horse doesn't get to attack also. So you attack and kill two goblins (9 doesn't hit), your horse and dog don't get to attack.

Goblins turn.
G5 Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 DC14
G6 Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 DC14

Goblin 6 tumbles down the hill as he tries to attack.
Goblin 1 drops his bow and pulls out a dogslicer, and attacks Darian's house (since Darian is up a bit far for him to reach).
G1 Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
G1 Damage (if hits): 1d4 ⇒ 3

Goblin 4 also drops his bow and attacks Darian's horse (Goblins really hate horses).
G4 Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
G4 Damage (if hits): 1d4 ⇒ 2

Goblin 5 shoots his bow at Alaneas.
G5 Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
G5 Damage (if hits): 1d4 ⇒ 4

Zandu dismounts from his horse and pulls out his bow.
Fast Dismount DC20 : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
And Zandu is done.

Next up is Rogar and Geoff.

Init:

Terra
Darian
Goblins 1-6
Zandu
Rogar
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren

Here is the current Map.


In the interests of keeping this going, Rogar will hold his action (and if he doesn't respond soon, I'll run the character).
Geoff, its your action.


hp 25 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 10 | CMD 14 | F +2 | R +4 | W +4 | Init +5 | Per +6 |

Obscuring mist is always centered on the caster. Alaneas would have total cover from arrows.


Right you are. I'll change the map, and have the goblin shoot at Darian instead (because he is the only person visible to the goblin).

Corrected Map


HP 16/35, AC 18, CMD 19/22, Fort +5, Ref +3, Will +1, Init +2

ow. Hp updated.


Geoff moves forward and as soon as he can see he heads for one of the goblins.

Sorry, was very busy yesterday and today. Geoff double moves to P-7 and draws his sword.


Geoff charges into the fog. As he emerges, he finds that there is a goblen sprawled out at the foot of the hill in front of him.

Alanaes is up next.

Current Map

Init:
Terra
Darian
Goblins 1-6
Zandu
Rogar
Geoff
Alanaes
Zenovia
Soth-Loren

Shadow Lodge

HP: 24/24, AC: 14, T: 11, FF: 13, F: +4 , R: +2 , W: +6, CMB: +4 , CMD: 14, INIT: +1, Perception: +7, Male Human Cleric 3

I've just been waiting. Alanaes, Zen, then me. :)


Male Human Flowing Monk of the Sacred Mountain 2

If Alanaes can see through the Obscuring mist, he'll move to engage the goblin with Geoff, otherwise he'll just double move up the hill towards where he last saw the goblins and move for them once he can see them.

Assuming he can see:
Alanaes charges at the nearest goblin, in order to give aid to his friend.

Move to P8, then:
Unarmed Strike: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 = 19, damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

HP: 21/21, AC: 15 (17 normally)

451 to 500 of 1,361 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Cobalt's Unshackled City All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.