Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Carpe's Serpents Skull

Game Master Byden

The merchant ship Jenivere has embarked upon a voyage from Magnimar to distant Eleder, in a land of jungles and ancient ruins. Our heroes have been picked up at one of the many ports along the way, and now head for the myth shrouded Mwangi expanse.


301 to 350 of 2,132 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

DC 10 Knowledge Local, History, can be made untrained:
The Red Mantis are Golarion's most famous group of assassins.

DC 15 Knowledge Local or History:
The Red Mantis are a largely female group of assassins famous for their rigid discipline, and always fulfilling their contracts. They are rumored to worship some dark god.

DC 20 Knowledge Local, History or Geography:
The Red Mantis are rumored to have a secret stronghold on Mediogalti Island off the west coast of Garund. The Jenivere stopped at this islands only city, Ilizmagorti where one Sasha Nevah boarded.

Knowledge Religion DC 20:
The Red Mantis worship the god of assassination, Achaekek and it his his symbol the red mantis that gives them their name.


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

DC 10 untrained check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21

Dragolan raises an eyebrow as he (not very) surreptitiously edges away from the redhead. "You're rather...forward about declaring yourself, Sasha, particularly after we and the crew were poisoned."


Knowledge local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

"Sasha, please. I meant no disrespect; it's just I really don't think it's a good idea at this time. Tell you what, once I learn a little bit more about whatever they are, I'll be able to tell if they are dangerous or not. Maybe then, I can catch you one for a pet."

The ranger's head turned to one side, "Did I hear you correctly? You belong to the Red Mantis? I thought the group was supposed to be secret?

tag Sasha


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Sasha shrugs, looking faintly embarrassed and uncomfortable,

"No you heard me say I could teach you the secrets of the Red Mantis, not that I was in the Red Mantis. Potato tomato. Let's say I'm not exactly welcome back in Ilizmagorti and leave it at that shall we? Catch me one as a pet and I'll show you a trick or two, just don't go blabbing about it if you want your kidneys to remain unperforated," its clear from her tone that the perforating would not be done by her.

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Knowledge (History)
1d20 ⇒ 18

Knowledge(Religion)
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Survival
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Joll's luck with the dice roller had to give out some time.

Your offer is most gracious, Sasha. I am no hunter but I would love to learn whatever you can teach. However, I do think that thing will be far away from here because it saw a large group of humans walking about. When I get a chance I will certainly get one for you but right now we have to set up camp and cook those meals that were nice enough to crawl out of the water and serve themselves up. He says this last while pointing to the reefclaws. What do you think tastes better, the claws or the tails?

Carpe:

Spoiler:
Sense Motive on her claim not to be a Red Mantis member
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Never mind


HP: 12/18 | AC: 17/13/14 | Saves: 0/+6/+3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +11 (+12 vs. traps) | Evasion | Fast Stealth |

Jack quietly rises to his feet and gathers up the dead leaves and branches he gathered a bit earlier. Walking a little further inland (but remaining on the beach), he finds a spot he surmises will be acceptable to set up camp. The toe of his boot digs into the sand as he begins to create a small pit, which he then piles the tinder inside of.

"I'll light the fire once we've got something to roast on top of it, or when night falls -- whichever comes first. I didn't bring a tent or any camping supplies on this trip, so I've got nothing else to set up. Guess it's sand and stars for me tonight."

Jack doesn't seem interested in commenting on the matter of Sasha's juvenile requests. She's not really his type, anyway. Since there was little immediate danger here, he decided to remove the leather breastplate he was wearing -- it was far too hot to be spending all day fully geared up.


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3.

"What lizard?" Quinta asks listlessly, as she glances in the wrong direction. "Anyway, if it's small enough that you think it might make a pet, how do you know it isn't the young?"


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Jack's Survival to find a suitable camp: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

"Well it was flying about on its own, not many babies do that, and it looked like it was hunting. Plus it just did not have that not quite grown in to itself look, you can just tell when something is young can't you?" Sasha replies looking puzzled,

"But I can wait, I didn't mean now, just before we go..."

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Unless it is a baby dragon just weaned from its mother you will leave this island with one in tow. What would you name it?


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Sasha gives Joll a slow smile,

"Oh I don't know I'd need to see its personality, something toothy - Nips, or Ripper maybe?"

Sense Motive DC 10:
Sasha sure does not act like a disciplined assassin.

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Sense Motive
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

Untrained Sense Motive check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

DM C and those who made the check:
What a cunning job of acting!

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Smiling to Sasha, Joll tells her Little Ripper or Nips will make you a proud owner when we leave this place. For now, let's worry about shelter and food.

Do any of you know how to cook?


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Joll:
You are fairly confident Sasha is telling the truth, for the most part - she's left a fair bit of wiggle room. She is clearly uncomfortable talking about the Red Mantis, and clearly does not identify herself as one of their number. Her somewhat chaotic personality certainly seems genuine and poorly suited to the disciplined lifestyle of a Red Mantis.


Male Half-Elf HP 7/7, AC-12/T-12/FF-10, F+0/R+2/W+3, Init+2, Per+2

History 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

"I worked in my manor's kitchens for a couple of months when I was a boy. I haven't really touched a pot - at least for cooking - since I left there, but I shoudl be able to put something simple together provided with the ingredients. Just don't expect a gourmet meal."

Lydran has no ranks in the skill, but I think his Int score means he'd have the highest untrained check, assuming it's Craft (Cooking). If it's Profession, there are better candidates.

"In any case, I'm of a mind with Dragolan. We ought to be moving towards departure, but neglecting our immediate needs for survival would be an explicitly bad decision. I fear I've grown too used to the ammenities of a Chelish manse, and though I don't think myself above crashing in a campsite, I know little of setting one up, so I'll volunteer myself for the exploratory team. I do have a few things that might be helpful in the short term, though..."

Lydran digs through his pack and lays out a small rod of steel and a few chunks of flint, three torches, a bedroll, a waterskin, the coil of rope from earlier, a small mirror, and enough dry rations to feed a single person for three days.

"Give me a day and I can select spells that will me more practical for surviving on and island. Right now, I'm practically down to cantrips."

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

I agree with your plan also, Dragolan. Better we take our time and be thorough than run headlong into the unknown.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

While you settle the mosquitos continue to swarm around you, and the sun rises the heat becoming almost unbearable even in the shade.

Survival DC 15:
Mosquitos in these numbers can be very dangerous, bringing disease that runs rife in such tropical climes. And from the looks of the lush jungle it must rain here often. Shelter would help with both of these factors, and make things a little more comfortable. Given the conditions you will also need more food and water than normal, at least 2 gallons of water a day and about a pound of food.

The euryptrids will certainly be enough for today, but its obvious that if you cannot find someway to preserve the meat they will be spoiled by tomorrow.


Male Half-Elf HP 7/7, AC-12/T-12/FF-10, F+0/R+2/W+3, Init+2, Per+2

DM Carpe: Would it be within the power of Prestidigitation to create a cloud of scented gas around my person that would be off-putting to mosquitoes and other mundane insects? Essentially an arcane version of "Off."


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

Sense motive: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Untrained Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 1

"I am being eaten alive," Quinta grumbles as she swats at a particularly pushy mosquito. "Did anyone pack lemon-scented candles? I might try and eat one to keep these stirge-wannabes off me."


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Lydran:
No Prestidigitation really isn't up to the task, it simply doesn't have a big enough area, you might keep them off one foot of your person, but they'd be everywhere else.

Aerys who has been sitting sullenly in the shade uptil this point asks,

"Did you find anything to drink on the wreck? My tongue is turning into leather."

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Survival
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

"I am a very good cook, thank you, though we lack the supplies for me to make something truly memorable from these things."

Well, compared to everyone else, I think--one rank in Profession (Cook/Wine Snob), for a +5 check.

Survival check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Dragolan waves away the swarming mosquitoes around him. "While the vigor and variety of life in this place is a wonder, these insects can carry disease. Having some sort of shelter will help keep them off, and will protect us from the rain. We are also going to need quite a lot of food and water. I can magic the salt from sea water*, so that will not be a problem as long as I am able to cast the orison, but those of us at the base camp will need to hunt or gather food while the rest of us are exploring; the explorers will have to be on the lookout for food as well."

*At least, that's how I read purify food and drink:

PRD wrote:
This spell makes spoiled, rotten, diseased, poisonous, or otherwise contaminated food and water pure and suitable for eating and drinking.


"Well, for what it's worth I am a decent shot with the bow and I've lived in the wild for weeks at a time so we won't starve. Whether you like what you eat or not is a different story but you certainly won't starve."

He looked around the group, "So it's agreed that we'll have a camp group and an exploration group and we'll move the camp every day? This sounds reasonable to me. The overall goal is to reach the lighthouse at this time, correct? So... we are somewhere on the north part of the island; does the map show where on the island the lighthouse is?"

"With regards to groups, I think I am more suited to be on the exploration group. Like I said, I am a decent shot with the bow and can hold my own with my falchion. Being out in the wild so often has also honed my wilderness skills, which I think will be put to the test in our current situation."

"Some of us have seen others in action but it would be good if we could state what sort of skills we each have. You know, since we'll have to work together and rely on each other, I would rather know what you can be counted on for.

tag next


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

Dragolan shakes his head at Alexite's description. "No, we won't move the camp until we've explored enough to find a place to put the next one, and that may take several days. With the heat and the difficulty of moving through the jungle, the explorers won't be able to do much actual exploring in a day."

When the Sargavan finishes, he replies, "I, too, would prefer to be one of the explorers. There's too much I would miss, if I weren't out looking at things. As for what I can do, I am a trained healer (kitchens being dangerous places!), I have access to considerable healing magics as well, I have spent more than a little time in the wilderness before (though typically with somewhat better planning), and I am marginally capable in combat."


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

"My healing magic is more on the modest side," Quinta says, "but it can be useful in a pinch - or if sir Canario is unavailable for some reason. I am not familiar with the wilderness, but I can move quietly if I need to, and I am fairly skilled with the whip and the rapier. Not to mention, my songs can be advantageous in combat. I could be of help to explorers, or in defending the base camp, but would prefer to go exploring."

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

"I am fair at crushing things with this" Joll says holding up his morning star. " Although I prefer to fight with things on two legs rather than things with barbed tails. And I am not completely unfamiliar with the wilderness, but more of what you find on the mainland than the jungle."


HP: 12/18 | AC: 17/13/14 | Saves: 0/+6/+3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +11 (+12 vs. traps) | Evasion | Fast Stealth |

"I'm a child of the city, and I've got no practical experience in the wilderness. I'm not really the straight-forward fighting type, either, so I'm afraid I won't be of any use to your little island exploration group." He fidgets uncomfortably next to his pathetic fire pit in the sand. "The mosquitoes are probably twice as thick in there, anyway.", he adds as he smacks one off his shoulder.

When Aerys brings up her thirst, Jack rummages in his pack for a moment, and then shrugs. "I didn't bring any water. I don't think any of us were prepared for being shipwrecked on an unfamiliar island. Maybe there's something in the supplies we recovered." He points Aerys to what little they managed to salvage from the ship's galley.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Purify food and drink works just fine, and can easily take care of all your water needs. Please describe how you are planning to fetch the water, etc., though.

Aerys gives the supplies a disgusted look and scowling renews her attack upon her pad of papers with her quill.

Sasha drums her knuckles upon the hilts of her blades,

"I can hold my own in a fight, more used to fighting humans than animals and what not, but I'm sure that stabbing them probably works pretty well. I'm really good with animals, and I'm a decent hunter, and I'm pretty darn stealthy when I want to be."

Ishirou remains quiet, staring out to sea, and occassionally at Aerys.

Gerik sits with his arms crossed looking sullen, and thoroughly miserable as his prestidigitation cleansing bubbles move frantically trying to fend off mosquitos in a loosing battle.

Jask stands out in the sun, his dark skin in little danger of burning and laughs,

"Well now that you have freed me, I can help friend Dragolan provide fresh water from the sea, I can heal, and I can hunt. I'm experienced at tending to diseases and wounds non magically to."


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

Until we empty a few flasks, we can use the cooking pot to draw up water and fill waterskins from that.

After securing some water, Dragolan will offer Aerys a cup. "Thirsty? I'm afraid I can't offer anything better; my last two bottles of wine didn't survive the wreck, alas."


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Sorry Dragolan somehow blanked on you speaking to Aerys there, my apologies.

Aerys nods and takes the cup, tosses it back and splutters for a moment, before looking up at Dragolan with bloodshot eyes, it looks as if she might speak for a moment, but then she simply thrusts the cup back into his hands and resumes her brooding.

Dragolan Diplomacy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Joll rummages about looking for anything that might be useful material for building a shelter.

"Aren't there some leave that can be burned that drive away mosquitoes with their smoke?" he asks no one in particular.

He makes a point to keep watch on both Jask and Sasha. He does not stare at them fixedly but looks over at them occasionally to keep note of their doings.

Perception for Jask
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Perception for Sasha
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Jask moves about checking that everyone is alright, and trying to make himself useful. Sasha wanders about the edge of the jungle occassionallly exclaiming over various large tropical bugs, and the brigthly colored birds that can be seen flitting through the canopy.

You catch sight of an animal trail leading into the dense foliage, which will clearly be a great deal easier to traverse than the dense foliage. It seems to head out onto the beach and then branch off both east and west.

Other than the items they brought back from the Jenivere and the groups possessions building materials seem to be limited to large palm trees, great tropical leaves, etc.


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

Untrained Survival to assist in camp-making: 1d20 ⇒ 10.

"Maybe we would be best advised to partially dig our camp," Quinta suggests. "If we settle down in a trench, we can pull some of those big leaves over us, maybe with some sand on top. That way, if anything comes a-looking after lights out, it won't be able to sneak up on us so easily."


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

Dragolan shakes his head. "I, for one, would prefer not to be in a hole when the rain comes, as it will. Jungles need a considerable amount of water, or they wouldn't be jungles."


Dragolan Canario wrote:
Dragolan shakes his head. "I, for one, would prefer not to be in a hole when the rain comes, as it will. Jungles need a considerable amount of water, or they wouldn't be jungles."

Alexite agreed, "Dragolan is right. Our best bet is to make use of the supplies we found in the ship combined with what we have here at hand. Let's make use of the four large canvas sheets and the 150' of rope. We need to cut down some trees, small mind you, just large enough to fashion some poles out of them. Then we can pitch four tents surrounding a central campfire. I think the starter camp should be somewhere between the water and the jungle with enough distance from both to be able to see any threats from either direction."

With that, the ranger set to work.

Survival (take 20 if possible, if not): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Later, once camp is finished
"OK, not bad for a bunch of castaways." The ranger looked about the 11 gathered individuals, "We need to get organized somehow. I think it's been decided that Joll, Dragolan, Quinta, Lydran and myself will form part of the explorer group. Sasha, you are welcome to join us. You as well, Jask. Ishirou, Gelik, Aerys, and Jask: would you mind remaining behind? Mind you it won't be easy; we would need some of you to keep guard, to hunt for food, and defend the camp if need be. What can you each do?

excuse me if I seem bossy but it's the best way to move things forward. Please add to the post. BTW, what time is it now? Is there enough time to go exploring today (enough sunlight remaining)? If so, I'll post some of that.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

As midday approaches the group hacks away a space in the undergrowth, Alexite quickly realizing that they can use the trees without chopping them down if they have a little care. It takes about four hours, but they are able to costruct two large tents for sleeping, and a larger tent with a ceiling well above ehad height they can work and cook in, etc.

Sasha happily agrees to accompany the explorers. Aerys merely grunts in response to Alexite's promptings, gazing out sullenly at the sea. Ishirou's eyes flash to her, and he says,

"I will wait here with Miss A... with the others, if danger comes I will fight."

Jask nods, "Well I'd more than happy to hunt, I'm probably a bit rusty, but I used to be a dab hand, and jungles are not wholly unfamiliar to me."

Gerik waves a hand airily,

"Just leave me to die in peace."

Transaltion I'll do nothing, but will fight if attacked.

After setting out the hacked down foliage in the blazing sun they are able to get a campfire going just under the edge of the large tent to protect it from rain, and still let the smoke escape easily. Its a basic, but servicable camp.

Two hours after noon when their work is completed, the sky swiftly darkens and a summer storm begins its rumbling deluge. Water pours from the skies, and the humidity is almost unbearable.

"Ah, yes, we can probably expect a couple of hours of rain after the heat of the day regularly," Jask says as the rain hammers down upon the canvas. When the flat roof of the larger tent begins to sag, Alexite quickly deploys a pole he fashioned earlier, placing it in the centre of the tent to give it a peak so the water can sluice off.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

After the rains cease, in the mid afternoon, the exploratory group sets out. The path of least resistance is what looks like an animal trail which enables much swifter passage than hacking through the foliage.

It leads south for a few hundred feet, and then branches off to both the east and west. When they get to the turning after a little discussion Sasha flips a coin, heads for west, tails for east. When she removes her hand the coin shows a kraken - which she ensures everyone is heads.

I would not normally decide your direction, but I want to move things on here and you don't really have a lot of information to base a decision on.

Despite the trail movement is difficult, and the trail weaves back and forth. Its hot, and sweaty, and progress is frustratingly slow as the group only manage to travel about two miles an hour.

Sasha Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Alexite Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Dragolan Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Joll Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Quinta Survival: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Jack Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Lydran Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

After a little over an hours travel Dragolan and Joll notice a number of small bundles of skin and bones and quickly conclude that some sort of predator is nearby. Pressing on the group discovers a large burnt out tree, split long ago, which appears to be hollow.

Sasha Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Alexite Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Dragolan Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Joll Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Quinta Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Jack perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Lydran Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

S1 Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12
S2 Stealth: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12


DM Carpe wrote:
I would not normally decide your direction, but I want to move things on here and you don't really have a lot of information to base a decision on.

I, for one, totally support you doing this. How else are we going to go through a dungeon-like environment? Unless there is some information to differentiate between the 'doors', pick one and go with it.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

All of the group save Dragolan spot two sleek jet black forms in the low branches of the burnt tree. The glossy black snakes, appear to be emerging from the hollow of the tree's interior.

Knowledge Nature Alexite: 1d20 ⇒ 4
Knowledge Nature Dragolan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Knowledge Nature Joll: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Dragolan:
You realize that the snakes are deadly poisonous Black Mambas! But you do not spot them until after the surprise round so please do not convey this action until they act.

Init Jack Sand: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Init Quinta Wist: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Init Joll Beliver: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Init Alexite Krupt: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Init Dragolan Canario: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Init Lydran Entelios: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Init Sasha Nevah: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Init Snakes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Sorry about the wait there, my map had no grid and decided to try a few experiments.

The path is normal terrain, anything else is difficult terrain, or in the case of the trees impassable.

Sasha hurries forward drawing her blades. She moves to E8

Jack is up! Remember its a surprise round, so you only get a standard action - which can be used to move if you wish, etc.

MAP

Init Order:

Sasha - has gone.
Jack - is up!
Snakes
Dragolan - cannot act this surprise round.
Lydran
Alexite
Quinta
Joll


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

Quinta draws her rapier, the blade hissing like a serpent itself.

"Do we really need to fight these crawlers?" she asks. "Do snakes make good eating, or are we afraid they'll trail us back to the camp?"

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

"There's no need to fight them if we can just bypass them. They probably won't travel far enough to threaten our camp."


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

The following happens after Jack's action - got a long shift so posting now. Disengaging is certainly doable, though its only along the trail you will be faster than the snakes.

The snakes slither from their tree and advance hissing threateningly.

MAP


for when it's my turn

"Too late for withdrawing; they're coming to us. Concentrate on killing them one at a time!"

With that the ranger raised his bow and fired an arrow.

Alexite attack with longbow
attack, longbow to hit: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
attack, longbow damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5


HP: 12/18 | AC: 17/13/14 | Saves: 0/+6/+3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +11 (+12 vs. traps) | Evasion | Fast Stealth |

Sorry about that! I will be much more available now. :)

Jack draws his bow and nocks an arrow. The thought of their possibly venomous bites sent a bead of sweat dripping down his brow. "What is it with you people and eating the local wildlife!?"


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

"Did you expect to be able to go to the local market for your dinner? Or perhaps to visit an inn and order the chef's special?" Quinta asks, her voice a little too dry.

The next moment, she starts to croon a song, but it is not the battle-hymn she used before.

I only have one round of Bardic Performance left for today, so I'm going to wait until we're in actual melée.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Lydran is up! Followed by Quinta and Joll - since I have Alexite's action. Might have Quinta's to is she starting a performance, but not using bardic music - is that right?

Init Order:
Sasha - has gone.
Jack - has gone.
Snakes - have gone.
Dragolan - cannot act this surprise round.
Lydran - is up!
Alexite - have his action.
Quinta
Joll


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

Dragolan was obviously scoping out some pleasant-smelling plant and missed the snakes.


Male Half-Elf HP 7/7, AC-12/T-12/FF-10, F+0/R+2/W+3, Init+2, Per+2

Sorry, saw the post this morning at work, but had no time for a post before class.

Lydran shuffles forward as he draws his crossbow, hoping to get a better shot at the snakes.

"What is it with you and your aversion to new experiences, Jask? Nothing wrong with a bit of exotic cuisine."

5-foot step to G11 and draw crossbow.


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

I think my action for this round is to draw steel and stand ready to use my last round of Performance once the battle closes to melée range.

301 to 350 of 2,132 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Souls for Smuggler's Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.