Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Carpe's Serpents Skull

Game Master Byden

The merchant ship Jenivere has embarked upon a voyage from Magnimar to distant Eleder, in a land of jungles and ancient ruins. Our heroes have been picked up at one of the many ports along the way, and now head for the myth shrouded Mwangi expanse.


51 to 100 of 2,132 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Alexite I'm afraid its going to take a standard action to kick somebody awake - just like to wake someone put under by the sleep spell. Remember it takes a move action to get up from prone, so you have one move or standard action left and may take a 5 foot step if you do not move. So essentially you can get up and wake Joll or Dragolan, or move over to the pile of equipment ready to pick up your falchion next turn. Please give me the grid reference for the square you wish to finish in to :)

As Alexite rises, fighting off the effects of the poison, the lobster thing snaps at him while he is distracted. But cannot catch the nimble colonial, and its pincers snap through thin air.

Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10Claw Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1


OK then. Alexite will get up, take a 5' step to O13 and wake Joll.

"Up! Get up! we're being attacked!

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Joll wakes in a state of confusion. All that he is aware of is that his face is in the sand and someone is hitting him and yelling about an attack. He opens his eyes and sees the giant crustacean advancing towards him as (Alexite was it?) backs up. Out of instinct rather than design he jumps to his feet and reaches for a weapon, only to realize that he is unarmed. So he backs up just as his companion does.

As his awareness focuses on his surroundings he notices the others lying on the beach. Are they dead? What happened? There was a boat and bad soup and...

Turning quickly around to scan the surroundings Joll sees the pile of equipement and runs toward it. Can he take a run action with his remaining move action?


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Joll can actually 5 foot to the equipment pile and use his move to grab a weapon if he wishes.

Joll finds himself being stirred awake by by Alexite, he lies upon a sandy beach with waves crashing upon the shore. he can see the bodies of the other passengers littered about him, and beside him is a pile of equipment - in which he recognizes his own armaments. His clothing is dry, though sand caked. But something is still wrong, his guts are churning and his head pounds as if he has been drinking for a week.

He swiftly sees the cause of Alexite's alarm, three strange lobster scorpion things that have clearly crawled out from the waves.

Joll may now act, he is prone, sickened, and does not have anything save his normal clothing - armor, shield, and weapons are all in the pile it takes a move action to retrieve any one item.

Initiative:

Lobster Scorpion - gone
Alexite Krupt - gone.
Joll - is up!

MAP


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Dragolan:
Dragolan looks down at his soup and sees it teeming with life, a hundred thousand tiny serpents writhing around his spoon. He glances up at his dining companions, all oddly distored and laughing shrilly as they shovel serpents down their gullets.

Only the grim figure of Captain Kovacks does not eat, he stares at an empty bowl before him with dead black eyes. Then even as the tiny snakes from his bowl manage to slither their way up his spoon and sink their fangs into his pudgy fingers the Captain begins to vomit forth a tide of glinting green serpents that washes everyone away...

Dragolan remains sleeping.

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

With an unintelligible grunt Joll grabs his morning star from the pile and turns to face his attacker. All the while his stomach churns and it is all that he can do to keep from doubling over. In an instant he decides that he is too weak to face the charging thing in combat. Instead he calls upon the power of Asmodeus to strike fear into its tiny mind.

Joll forces himself to stand straight and hold his arms wide while loudly speaking in Infernal, acclaiming the power of the Prince of Hell.
Cause Fear DC 14 Will save to resist


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Joll has used an action he does not have, two moves and a standard, remember standing is a move action. For the sake of speed I'm going to go ahead and assume he casts cause fear. In future for targeted spells please give a grid reference, or a clear indicator, such as the closest, or that attacked Alexite so I know which beasty you are targeting. :)

Not quite having the time to snatch his weapon Joll attempts to strike terror into the heart of the nearest sea scorpion. It gives a chitter and flees back into the waves at speed, moving considerably faster once it reaches the water.

Will Save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

The remaining lobster scorpions, seemingly undaunted by their companions flight, charge forward at Alexite, their insectile legs churning the sand. Both lash out with their stingers chittering angrily! One sting connects with Alexite, cutting through cloth where armor would have shielded him and drawing blood. Again he feels the strange numbness as he is forced to fight the creatures poison.

Stinger 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Stinger 1: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Alexite takes 1 point of damage and needs to make a DC 10 Fort save please.

Jack Sand's Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

MAP

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8
DM Carpe wrote:

Joll has used an action he does not have, two moves and a standard, remember standing is a move action. For the sake of speed I'm going to go ahead and assume he casts cause fear. In future for targeted spells please give a grid reference, or a clear indicator, such as the closest, or that attacked Alexite so I know which beasty you are targeting. :)

I consider myself properly chided. From now on I will not post until the damned cold medicine has worn off a bit. Now to pass out on the couch...


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

I'm online for now, so... Fortitude save! 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

JollLol, didn't mean to sound chiding :) At least you got rid of one. Feel better man!
Quinta excellent, I'll try and hurry things along so you can get involved ASAP.

Jack awakes finding himself lying up cool sand in the shadow of a rocky cliff in the wan light of dawn. He can hear fearsome chittering and shouts, and feels generally wretched, like he's just been on a week long bender.

Scattered across the beach he can see what appear to be his fellow passengers from the ship, though there also appears to be a strange fellow in manacles. A large pile of weapons lies some fifteen feet away and he can spot his own weapons and armor in the mess.

But of more immediate note are the two angry lobster scorpion things attacking a blood smeared man he recognizes as Alexite. Joll stands by the equipment pile hands raised the last words of some strange chant being whipped away by the sea breeze.

Jack is awake and top of the initiative order! He is sickened and prone and does not have any gear save his clothes - though if he feels he might have carried shortsword or sap covertly he may make a DC 15 Sleight of Hand check to have kept it concealed. He should technically have been able to act before the lobster scorpions, but I think it proves more advantageous this way so I'll leave it alone and he'll go before them in future rounds.

Initiative Order:

Jack Sand
Lobster Scorpions
Alexite Krupt
Joll Beliker

MAP


Fortitude save: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 2 = 6

Alexite yelled at Joll, "Wake the others while I get something to defend against these vermin!"

It was all the ranger could say before attempting to get away from the two approaching monsters. He sidestepped one but the other was too quick for Alexite's sickened condition. Another stinger on his calf drew blood again and this time the pain was followed by a sharp burning sensation; the creature's poison had seeped in. The ranger could already feel his calf muscle cramping up, making it more difficult for the ranger to move. With undaunted will, he continued to the equipment pile.

Not that I'm complaining but I thought you said that these creatures were immune to mind-affecting abilities.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Yes so did I, but when I checked Cause Fear does not have the mind effecting descriptor. I searched a few threads and there was confusion, but no real rules answer, so I went with the advantageous option for the PCs - which is my default. I am also pretty sure you can scare a lobster, and I know you can scarer scorpions so....

Alexite feels himself loose some coordination as the poison takes hold.

Alexite looses 1 Dex.


HP: 12/18 | AC: 17/13/14 | Saves: 0/+6/+3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +11 (+12 vs. traps) | Evasion | Fast Stealth |

Jack stirs from his unnatural slumber, only to find that he's not aboard a ship and his mouth contains a large amount of sand. Contrary to his namesake, he doesn't enjoy the flavor. Spitting and sputtering as he fully regains consciousness, he can hear the sounds of the nearby battle, and turns his head to see Alexite and Joll fending off the lobster-like creatures. He turns and sees Ishirou laying there, and crawls across the sand to grab and shake him violently. "WAKE UP!", he yells at the top of his lungs.

Mechanics:

Move Action: Crawl 5 feet to (T9).
Standard Action: Wake up Ishirou.

Jack wasn't carrying any of his equipment to dinner, so I'm going to pass on the hidden weapon check.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

The Tian awakes with a start and takes in his surroundings blearily eyed, looking up at Jack in confusion.

Alexite is up.

Ishirou Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Spoiler:
Jack Sand - gone
Lobster Scorpions - gone
Alexite Krupt - is up!
Joll Beliker
Ishirou


Alexite, sickened, poisoned, and overall in a bad mood, cautiously withdrew to the equipment pile and looked for his falchion. It would feel good to have the familiar weapon in his hand and crack some lobster.

He continued yelling, "Up! Get up you lazy bums. Watch out for the stinger; it really stings!"

Trying to NOT provoke AoO and get as close to the pile as possible, preferably in T12 or T13, depending where his weapon is.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Alexite:
the only way I can see for Alexite not to provoke is for him to withdraw, and even that won't really work since it looks like those stings might have reach... I'm going to have you simply move back and take the attacks of opportunity - unless you correct me quickly - as its what I would do as a player, and you still have plenty of HP, plus it will get you out of full attack range.

Alexite moves back towards the pile of equipment, but is forced to expose himself to the creatures attacks as he does so, both snap at him with their claws, and both strike home leaving more painful gashes this time upon his left forearm.

The ranger does manage to recover his falchion though and put a bit of distance between himself and the sea scorpions.

Claw 1: 1d20 ⇒ 19Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Claw 2: 1d20 ⇒ 15Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Alexite takes 2 more HP of damage, and retrieves his falchion.

Joll is up!

MAP

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Joll grabs his morningstar from the pile and charges to O14 and swings at the reefclaw in N13 while invoking the justice of Asmodeus against the unthinking beast. Justice Judgment granting a +1 sacred bonus on all attack rolls. This bonus increases by +1 for every five inquisitor levels he possesses.

Attack + 2 charge + 2 str + 1 judgment
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
damage
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Crit roll
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
damage
1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Four years of PbP games and this is my first confirmed critical!


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Joll's mornigstar crunches into the sea scorpion with an almighty crack as fragments of shell spray out along with clumps of juicy pale meat! The creature slumps to the sand very dead.

Ishirou taking in the scene rushes over to the pile of equipment, anxiously reclaiming his blade and turning to face the remaining creature with narrowed eyes.

Dragolan wakes with a start as a chunk of chittin strikes him upon the forehead splattering him with somekind of sticky substance that trickles down his cheek. He is lying on sand, and as he looks up can see some of his fellow passengers brandishing weapons at what appears to be some bizarre cross between a lobster and a scorpion about the size of a dog. Another of these creatures is virtually next to him, though this one is a shattered ruin.

As soon as he attempts to move he feels a rush of nausea as his stomach twists, and a flair of pain in his temples. He spies a pile of equipment lying nearby and can make out his own gear amidst it.

Dragolan is prone, sickened, and wearing only his normal clothing.

Jack Sand is up!

Dragolan Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Initiative Order:

Jack Sand - is up!
Lobster Scorpions
Alexite Krupt
Joll Beliker
Dragolan Canario
Ishirou

MAP


HP: 12/18 | AC: 17/13/14 | Saves: 0/+6/+3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +11 (+12 vs. traps) | Evasion | Fast Stealth |

Jack gets to his feet just in time to see Joll make a mess of one of the attacking creatures. With only one of the crustaceans remaining, it would seem the situation is now relatively under control. He brushes some of the excess sand off his body as he makes his way over to Quinta.

Mechanics:
Move Action: Stand up.
Standard Action: Walk to V11.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Quinta is shaken awake by Jack and finds herself lying in the shadow of a cliff upon sand. Her clothes are perfectly dry, though there is sand everwhere, she can see a number of people, lying unconscious on the beach.

Of more note are the group battling against somekind of scorpion looking thing the size of a small pony! Though they seemed to have dispatched one already. She can also see some of her equipment in a pile upon the beach, amidst assorted weaponary armor, backpacks and such.

As she stires she feels a sudden cramp in her stomach accompanied by a shooting pain in her bows, obviously whatever put her out is not quite out of her system.

Quinta is prone, sickened, and wearing only normal clothing.

Quinta's Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

The last of the sea scorpions turns its fury upon Joll, snapping visciously with both claws, even as its sting lashes towards the Chelaxian's face! Jerking his head aside at the last moment he avoids the sting, but both pincers sink into his thighs leaving painful slashes.

Claw 1: 1d20 ⇒ 12Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Claw 2: 1d20 ⇒ 16Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Sting: 1d20 ⇒ 8Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Joll takes 2 damage.

Initiative Order:

Jack Sand - gone
Lobster Scorpions - gone
Alexite Krupt - is up!
Joll Beliker
Quinta Wist-Thrune
Dragolan Canario
Ishirou

MAP


Although he was hurt and sickened, Alexite felt much better now. The feel and weight of his heirloom falchion did much to lift his mood. Seeing how the other monster lobster was split apart by Joll bolstered his confidence. The ranger crept along the sand to the only remaining monster, raised his falchion, and struck down, "Die, filthy vermin!"

move to O11
falchion to hit: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 13
falchion damage: 2d4 + 3 - 2 ⇒ (4, 4) + 3 - 2 = 9

Am I right in taking -2 on to hit and damage? Did 13 beat its armor class; I don't think you shared that with us. Oh well, you tell us what happened...


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

You are right to take the -2 to hit and damage.

As Alexite moves in the creatures sting lashes out taking the opportunity to strike at him while he is moving in, and striking the abused ranger again.

Sting: 1d20 ⇒ 14Damage: 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1

Alexite ignoring the pain swings his falchion at the sea scorpion, but though it hits home his blade catches the carapace at an awkward angle and is deflected.

Alexite takes 1 point of damage and needs to make a DC 10 Fort save.

Joll is up!

Initiative Order:

Jack Sand - gone
Lobster Scorpions - gone
Alexite Krupt - gone
Joll Beliker - is up!
Quinta Wist-Thrune
Dragolan Canario
Ishirou


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

This will happen as soon as Quinta's spot in the initiative order is up.

"Barghests' bowels!" Quinta swears before she can catch herself. Nausea ripples through her and she slumps back onto the sand, sudden sweat stinging her eyes. For a moment more, she squeezes them shut.

Then the girl opens her eyes - and her mouth - and starts to sing. The sweet, stirring melody flows over the battlefield like honey, wrapping itself around those fighting the hideous sea scorpion in a golden embrace.

"In ancient times, 'pon sea and sand,
strode the mightiest heroes of any land.
No beast too fierce, nor fiend too foul,
their glory concealed by mask nor cowl.
As 'twas in past, so mote it be now,
monsters fall before steel like a slaughtered sow.
What one has wrought, another may do,
is the message of this song I sing for you.
Let my voice sing thy praise for deeds to be done,
but by your own arm prove yourself a worthy son!'

A trickle of power fills the warriors, strengthening their arms.

Inspire courage +1 is up for all those fighting the sea scorpion!

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Joll curses loudly as the creature claws at his legs and draws blood. He backs away defensively and readies himself to smash its shell open then a strange sound fills his ears. Singing? Is someone singing?He thinks in a confused state. He is not even aware of the song's effect upon him but attributes his new confidence to the fact that others have awakened and are facing the monsters now.

He swings his morningstar at the reefclaw in an overhand fashion as if he were chopping wood with an axe.But he lifts his eyes from the target and looks right into the sun and momentarily blinds himself. His strike lands on empty sand.

Attack
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

Oh, just to be clear: Quinta remains prone, rather than rushing into the fray - for now. Fortunately, she doesn't have to be standing upright to sing. ;)


Fortitude save: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 4 - 2 = 19


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

Dragolan slowly returns to consciousness, head pounding, the end of his dream still vividly in mind before he opens his eyes. "Devil's fangs, I haven't felt like this since that last absinthe--the Hells?!" Groaning as he looks around, he concentrates on standing up as the world spins around him and his stomach threatens to empty.

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Grab something and kill these things!Joll yells to anyone within hearing range.


HP: 12/18 | AC: 17/13/14 | Saves: 0/+6/+3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +11 (+12 vs. traps) | Evasion | Fast Stealth |

Since my turn is up very shortly, and I know I won't be making any attacks, I'm going to pre-post in order to help things move along faster. Regardless of whether Ishirou kills the sea scorpion on his turn, the following action will take place immediately afterwards.

Jack makes his way to the pile of equipment and rummages through it, retrieving his shortbow.

Mechanics:
Move Action: Move to S12.
Standard Action: Get shortbow from the pile.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Is Dragolan actually taking an action?

Ishirou grunts and suddenly bursts forward with a surprising turn of speed, despite clearly feeling sickened to, pulling out his exotic blade as he runs to flank it with Joll. Narrowing his eyes as he selects his target he drops to one knee burying his blade in a slender gap between two plates of chitin and pining it to the sand.

the creature stops moving and then simply flops to the sand dead.

Ishirou Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15Damage: 1d10 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + (6) + 1 = 12

VICTORY!

100 Experience each. Note that we are on the medium experience track, since it is what the AP assumes, so you will need 2000XP to reach 2ND.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Lydran awakes as the last sea scorpion is slain by Ishirou, and disovers himself lying on sand with his fellow passengers, all around. Some are unconscious, some stand about, clearly having dealt with the scorpion and a lovely female voice rings out in song... He feels sick to his stomach, and his head throbs rhythmically.

Now that the immediate threat is ended, everyone has a chance to take stock. You are already feeling somewhat better, the queasy sick feeling obviously fading as you work your stiff limbs and move about. There is a deep furrow leading from the sea to the beach by the pile of equipment, as if someone dragged a boat up and then your unconscious bodies up onto the safety of the beach.

Despite it being barely dawn you can already feel the heat, as the sunrises its obviously going to be sweltering, and the air is extremely humid. Behind you is a lush tropical jungle spreading out for miles, the only break in the verdant expanse being a clay red mountain rising above the greenery in the far distance.

Survival DC 15:
You can see a pair of humanoid boot prints leading up from the water, though the soft sand has virtually erased them. You also realize that on a tropical Island like this you will need to set up a camp quickly if you are to have a chance to survive against the elements.

Perception DC 10:
Further up the shore, to your right if you are looking out to sea, you can see the Jenivere. The once fine ship is listing to port, and obviously caught upon jagged rocks, there is a gaping hole in her hull and it is immediately clear that she will never sail again. Indeed each crash of the waves sends the whole wrech trembling alarmingly, and its clear that it won't be long before the vessel is dislodged and claimed by the hungry sea.

It seems to be low tide now, and it looks like you might be able to cross some three hundred feet of slippery rocks at the bottom of steep cliffs to reach the wreck. Its quite clear that once the tide rises this will be impossible, and the only sensible way to reach the wreck then would be to climb down the steep cliff from above.

Ishirou pulls his blade free from the sea scorpion using his foot to push it away as he pulls and sinks down onto the sand with a sigh. He swiftly produces a piece of rag from a pocket and begins to clean the beautiful katana.

Please note feel free to roll unprompted skill checks, knowledge Geography would be great for example,if anyone has it, etc. You may assume that you can wake any NPC with a simple bit of attention, no checks needed.


Male Half-Elf HP 7/7, AC-12/T-12/FF-10, F+0/R+2/W+3, Init+2, Per+2

Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Half-Elf HP 7/7, AC-12/T-12/FF-10, F+0/R+2/W+3, Init+2, Per+2

Lydran issues a few hacking coughs as he rises to his feet, squinting his eyes against the sunlight as he surveys the beach. "It seems I may have missed something," he groans as he observes the carcasses of the lobstrosities.

His eyes suddenly go wide as he realizes what has occurred, and he frantically begins inspecting his spellbook for water damage. He notes with a sigh of relief that the waterproofing on the case protected it from the worst of the exposure. Drying the edges of the pages with a prestidigation, he moves to the pile of equipment and begins retrieving his gear as his gaze moves to the Jenivere sinking beneath the surf. "I don't suppose we're getting out of here that way. We were only a few days from Sargava - is there any chance that we crashed nearby?" He draws up the hood on his robes to shield himself from the sun's oppressive rays. "I suppose we had better figure out where exactly we are, but first, I think it might behoove us to get ourselves out of the sun. Whether we're exploring, setting up a camp, or building a new boat, we'll have a much easier time of it without the heat of all Phlegethon bearing down on us."


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 8.
Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9.

Quinta manages to lever herself to her feet and wobbles over to the pile of equipment. She drags a few items out, strips off the top layers of her clothing and starts to buckle on a suit of leather armour.

"Foul, pot-bellied poisoner," she grumbles to no one in particular as she slips her outer clothing back on over the armour. "Whatever possessed anyone to...?"

The girl vigorously shakes her head, and she slings on a backpack, then buckles a weapon-belt around her slender waist. A rapier hangs on one hip, a well-oiled whip on the other.

"Does anyone have any idea what was done to the ship?" she asks out loud. "Or the crew, for that matter? I would like a word with the cook." For a moment, Quinta's hand strays to her whip, and her face reddens from something other than the sun's heat, even as her expression becomes somewhat... petulant.

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Perception
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

Survival
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Joll looks down at the sand and frowns. "There is a set of footprints there" he says, pointing from the pile of equipment to the edge of the water. "They don't belong to any of us, based on their position and where we were all left. Someone took enough care with us to see that we were all left here alive."

He then looks about to take in the situation. When he sees the direction of Lydran's gaze he follows it out to the water. "The Jenivere" he says pointing towards it. "It is caught on those rocks just off the shoreline. It's hull is holed and she will sink soon by the look of her. There might be something inside worth looking at. Perhaps other survivors or useful gear."

Turning to Ishirou he says "Thank you for your help."


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

The Tian shrugs and looks to his blade,

"I be eaten to, now guess die slow instead," he says in broken heavily accented common.


Survival check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Alexite grunted as he let the battle drain from him. He breathed out and with it went all the tension. He breathed in and with it came the pain. First things first, he took account of his injuries. While he hadn't come out unscathed, he was far from dying; he would survive and add a couple of more scars to his collection.

He stretched out and felt whatever sickness and poison slowly become assimilated by his strong immune system; he would also recover from that.

Perhaps what bothered him the most was the fact that he hadn't killed those things. Well, he would at least try to eat them. Speaking to one in particular, he approached the dead lobster thing, "Anyone know if these things are good for eating? I could sure use a change of menu; that soup is just awful, especially that last one.
TAG ANYONE

He went towards the equipment pile and gathered his few belongings. He took his time to slip on his chain shirt. He nodded to Joll, "I agree about the going to the ship. Maybe whatever got us here is still on shore. If not, I can try and swim out there but I'll need someone to take care of my injuries, in case there's more fighting to be done on board the ship.
TAG JOLL

Never one to be afraid to ask for what he needs, Alexite knew he would offer his skills when needed. He looked over to his fellow survvivors, "Does anyone have any healing skills to treat my wounds?"
TAG ANYONE

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

They used to cook something like these back in Corentyne. These should be edible, tasty even. But I doubt we have butter at hand.

Knowledge (Nature)
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

As for you injuries, I could help with the poisoning but the wounds themselves would take several hours. I should have picked my spells better. Let me see what I can do. It might be little more than squeezing it out and blocking it from going further into your blood. If anyone has a lemon or similar fruit it would help.

Heal check for poison
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

OOPS!


HP: 12/18 | AC: 17/13/14 | Saves: 0/+6/+3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +11 (+12 vs. traps) | Evasion | Fast Stealth |

Jack gathers the rest of his belongings from the pile: A small black sap, a shortsword, a bundle of arrows, and a suit of leather armor. He straps the armor to his body over the course of the next few minutes. "I'm not sure what'll kill me first; the wildlife or the heat."

Wiping the sweat from his brow, he pulls the hood over his head in an effort to shade his face, though he certainly wished he had brought a lighter set of clothing. At the mention of food, his stomach turns. "I think after that last meal, I'm not ready to start experimenting with exotic meats. Besides, it's far too hot to worry about making a fire to cook them right now. Cut off the claws and take them if you must, but I say we figure out where we are, where we're headed from here, and how we're going to survive. For all we know, we're nowhere near civilization."

Jack surveys the area in the immediate vicinity of the beach, despite the fact that he's definitely out of his element in the wilderness.

When Joll points out the shipwreck, he adds: "Might be a good place to start." He begins walking towards the wreckage in the distance, keeping an eye out for anything along the way.

Rolls:
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

Dragolan took his move action to stand up, but I didn't realize he got more than that to start with.

"Just a moment." The rotund Chelaxian murmurs a brief phrase to himself while curling his fingers oddly. Casting detect poison to examine the party and the creatures.

"Those look like they might be edible, though I would have to be careful to excise the venom glands. How is everyone doing?"

Survival check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Knowledge (Nature) check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Profession (Cook) check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Healing check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Joll and Dragolan both think the sea scorpions, creatures properly known as Eurypterids they recall, should be perfectly edible if they stay away from the tails. Dragolan even recalls a recipe, though he doubts he can find the peanuts or saffron required.

Joll can determine little about the poison, but Dragolan is quickly able to ascetain that nobody is poisoned any longer with his spells. Checking Alexite over he can see that a nights rest ought to be enough to restore the damage done to the battered fellows dexterity.

Apart from the sullen Ishirou the rest of the passengers remain unconscious as the heat of the sun begins to build slowly, but inevitably.


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

Quinta purses her lips as she eyes Alexite, then approaches him with a determined stride.

"Bones be knit, and flesh restore,
may these injuries sting thee nevermore,"
she chants, and briefly presses her hand against Alexite's chest.

Quinta backs away in a hurry, but a feeling of wellness spreads from the place where her hand was a moment ago.

"There," the girl says as she rubs her wrist and backs up even further. "Much improved. Try not to get cut up too badly before tomorrow."

She turns to eye the people still lying comatose and frowns. "If anyone would care to loan me a helmet," she says, "I think we could start waking these people before they're dragged out to sea by the tide."

One helping of Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 to the man in red. Oh wait, that's his blood...


Quinta Wist-Thrune wrote:
"There," the girl says as she rubs her wrist and backs up even further. "Much improved. Try not to get cut up too badly before tomorrow."

Alexite, taken back at first, was much relieved when his flesh started knitting itself together. He felt giddy, like a boy with a new toy.

Before Quinta left he added, "Wait, what are you? Some sort of singing wizard who also heals?"

He flexed his muscles making sure the wounds had been truly healed, "Is the singing magical? And I'd never heard that; what sort of singing is it?"

He put away his falchion and extended his hand, "Where are my manners? I don't think we've met nor have I seen you on the ship before. I am Alexite Krumpt; thank you for your services."

LATER

"I don't have a helmet to loan to you but can certainly help you in waking the rest of the people up.

He yelled at the men that had started going towards the Jenivere, "Yo guys, wait up! I think we should stay together. Let's wake everyone up and make sure they are OK. Someone may know more about what happened and information is going to be key to get through this. The ship isn't going anywhere; I hope"

Alexite gathers the rest of his equipment and wakes up the rest of the 'castaways'

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8

Two spellcasters here, one of them I had not seen before on the ship Joll thinks to himself. He takes note of Jack Sand and notes that he had not seen him board the ship nor had he seen him among the crew of the Jenivere. Perhaps my senses are not as sharp as I like to imagine they are.

I have a helmethe says to Quinta. Do you mean to use it as a bucket to wake the others with sea water?

In response to Alexite he says I think it would be better for a group of us to wait outside the ship, as reserves, in case things go badly for us inside the ship. And to keep Carpe from going insane with bookkeeping for a dozen characters. In any case, we had better be quick about getting to the Jenivere.

Carpe, is it okay to use italics for PC's thoughts or do you want to avoid inner monologues entirely?


Male Half-Elf HP 7/7, AC-12/T-12/FF-10, F+0/R+2/W+3, Init+2, Per+2

Lydran jerks his thumb towards Jack. "He wasn't wearing that armor at dinner, meaning it was elsewhere on the ship. But someone was able to retrieve it, along with the rest of what you see here." He gestures to the pile of gear on the beach, and then his eyes move to the footprints Alexite pointed out.

"I'd wager that whoever placed all of this is in the Jenivere now. I don't know how many runs they've made already, but it would be reasonable to assume they would prioritize the items that are most important to our survival. There would likely be little for us to salvage, not enough to warrant the risk of venturing back in, judging from the state of the ship. Whoever is in there will be back soon, unless they've run into trouble. When they return, we can see what we can do to help them finish up. If they don't, there is little we can do to aid them, and following them without knowing what we're getting into would only be needlessly endangering ourselves. For now, I say we wait for their return, at least for an hour. In the meantime, we can take an inventory of what - and who - we have at our disposal. What supplies can we make use of? What do we still need? What can we each do? We should take a full assessment of our situation before making any rash moves."


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

I'm perfectly happy for you to use italics for inner thoughts.

As the tide continues to thunder against the beach, the group sees it gradually eating away at the rocky path to the ship. It seems likely that traversing it will only be possible for the next hour or so. While swimming might be a possibility the jagged rocks and vehemence of the waves make it a daunting prospect. They could descend from the cliff above once the tide has risen, but that to could prove challenging.

As the sun continues its ascent Mosquitos begin to trouble the castaways. And the heat continues to rise.

Meant to say this earlier.

Dragolan:
Dragolan mulls over the groups symptoms and recalls a poison that seems to fit the bill. Oil of Taggart, a sleep inducing poison that does not usually cause sickness, but can if given in high enough doses - they must have each taken enough to knock out a bull!


Male Half-Elf HP 7/7, AC-12/T-12/FF-10, F+0/R+2/W+3, Init+2, Per+2

If it hasn't been done already, Lydran will begin rousing the rest of the survivors.

Cheliax

Male Human Inquisitor 3 HP 27/27 | AC 18 FF 17 Touch 11 Saves +4/+2/+5 |Init +3| Percep +8
Lydran Entelios wrote:

Lydran jerks his thumb towards Jack. "He wasn't wearing that armor at dinner, meaning it was elsewhere on the ship. But someone was able to retrieve it, along with the rest of what you see here." He gestures to the pile of gear on the beach, and then his eyes move to the footprints Alexite pointed out.

"I'd wager that whoever placed all of this is in the Jenivere now. I don't know how many runs they've made already, but it would be reasonable to assume they would prioritize the items that are most important to our survival. There would likely be little for us to salvage, not enough to warrant the risk of venturing back in, judging from the state of the ship. Whoever is in there will be back soon, unless they've run into trouble. When they return, we can see what we can do to help them finish up. If they don't, there is little we can do to aid them, and following them without knowing what we're getting into would only be needlessly endangering ourselves. For now, I say we wait for their return, at least for an hour. In the meantime, we can take an inventory of what - and who - we have at our disposal. What supplies can we make use of? What do we still need? What can we each do? We should take a full assessment of our situation before making any rash moves."

I don't think we will have an hour before the path to the ship is underwater and, soon after that, the waves will break the Jenivere apart. Anything useful inside her will go to the bottom, including any other lifeboats. I doubt we can get far with all of us in the one boat that carried us here.

I am going to explore the ship. Anyone who wants to accompany me is quite welcome. As I said before, some of us should act as a reserve group if those of us in the ship need rescue.


Joll wrote:

I don't think we will have an hour before the path to the ship is underwater and, soon after that, the waves will break the Jenivere apart. Anything useful inside her will go to the bottom, including any other lifeboats. I doubt we can get far with all of us in the one boat that carried us here.

I am going to explore the ship. Anyone who wants to accompany me is quite welcome. As I said before, some of us should act as a reserve group if those of us in the ship need rescue.

Alexite looked at the ship and tide coming in; he turned to Joll, "I think you are right. If we go, we have to do it now. Come high tide, the ship could be torn from the rocks and be at the bottom of... wherever it is we are."

He looked at the people on the beach who were now all awake. "However, I don't think splitting up is a good idea. Given the short time we have, why don't we all go? This way it will be easier and quicker to search the ship and save whatever is there. If there's trouble on board, we will all be together to better deal with it. And I hate for some of us to be gone while the group that stayed is attacked. I just think it makes sense to stick together."

He waited for a response before adding, "Joll is right, our window of opportunity is small so we have to get going now. C'mon!"


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

I'd like an order you wake people in please and ideally a little more IC description. Your relationships with the NPCs can potentially be very important so it's not something I want to gloss over.

51 to 100 of 2,132 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Souls for Smuggler's Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.