Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Carpe's Serpents Skull

Game Master Byden

The merchant ship Jenivere has embarked upon a voyage from Magnimar to distant Eleder, in a land of jungles and ancient ruins. Our heroes have been picked up at one of the many ports along the way, and now head for the myth shrouded Mwangi expanse.


551 to 600 of 2,132 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Alexite smiled at the rain. The ranger actually liked the rain except when it was cold but in this tropical weather, it was really a blessing. He had no issues with his long hair plastered to his head.

"I think we ought to continue now that it cooled off some."

The ranger could not believe the mosquitoes. There had to be some sort of plant whose sap or juices you could smear on your body to keep them off. Or maybe there something (animal dung?) that when burned kept the vermin away. He just could not believe that the natives put up with that sort of thing.

Survival check (anything for the mosquitoes): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Sorry for the delay, got engrossed in Joe Abercrombies new novel Red Country - recommended :)

The group abandon the shelter following the tracks to the south, just about able to find enough signs to lead them on with everyone on the lookout to point out prints, or slashed foliage to Alexite.

Eventually, after an hour or so, the trail seems to cross a small stream that splits in two and Alexite looses the trail in the murky mire of the rain swollen waters.

Alexite can try to roll survival, but its a very high DC, so taking 10 is no longer sufficient.

Where the streams split on the high bank between the two smaller streams is a mass of thorny foliage. In the center of the mass of jagged leaved plants are purple berries, but to get to them you would need to brave the red thorns, which get close to six inches in length!

Knowledge Nature Joll Beliver: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Knowledge Nature Alexite Krupt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Knowledge Nature Dragolan Canario: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

Joll:
You recognize these plants as Viper Nettles, they are poisonous, but their berries are useful for curing all manner of sicknesses aiding recovery.

Alexite:
You recognize these plants as Viper Nettles, getting through them to their berries is dangerous, their thorns hurt and are poisonous, leaving those who do not resist them sickened for twenty four hours. However, you recall people burning Viper Nettles on fires to create a smoke, that kills mosquitos and has little effect on larger animals. The plants berries help with recovery from sickness and even addiction, particularly the sickness caused by alcohol withdrawl.


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

"Those berries look interesting. Have any of you seen anything like them before?"

Survival check to assist Alexite/spot tracks: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Survival check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

The ranger frowned as he knelt on the ground. "I think I lost the tracks. I mean with all the rain and stuff, I just can't tell where they went. Sorry."

He turned to the berries and sharp needles, "Now that, I've seen before. Good news is that the berries taste real good and help out those who are sick. One of my old buddies recovered from alcohol addiction with them berries."

He shook his head, "Yeah, I know you are waiting for the bad news. Well truth is there isn't much bad news other than trying to get them berries through that thorny mess. And those needles give off smoke that keeps mosquitoes away when burned."

He looked at the berries again, "Can anyone use some sort of magic to get the berries without having to go through that?"


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

"I think I see them, but that's not important at the moment. Alcohol addiction, you say? How fortunate for me that I am not addicted, but I believe I know someone who is. Now, this may be slow, but I have...acquaintances, let us say...whose aid I can obtain."

Dragolan begins to mutter under his breath, then slowly breathes out. Casting mage hand, then using it to try to gather berries and needles.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

It quickly becomes obvious to Dragolan that the berries are out of reach of his mage hand spells range, and it simply does not have the force to remove the thorns.

The berries are 60 ft. away, Dragolan's Mage Hand range is 30ft. It does potentially mean a lot less damage though halving the distance you need to travel through the nettles.


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

Don't suppose I can reach them with the whip?


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Nope, I don't think even Indie could pick berries with a whip and they are 60 feet away - whips reach is 15 feet. You can move through the viper nettles it's just likely to be painful btw, just to be clear.


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

What about the monkey? Could it clear the thorns without getting stung?


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

No, and its not nearly well trained enough at present. I'll give you the mechanics. Its a dc 12 reflex save every round you are in the thorns, which count as difficult terrain so half speed, failure causes 1 point of piercing damage and triggers a fort save to avoid becoming sickened. Once at the berries the thorns are smaller so the dc goes down, but it takes 10 minutes for one person to harvest the berries with 4 saves required in that time, more people make this quicker and the saves get spread around, etc.


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

If you're standing still in the thorns (e.g., if Dragolan were using mage hand to gather berries from 30' away), do you still have to make saves every round?


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

I'm afraid you would still need to make the saves for being in the thorns. But you could disregard those while picking if in the cener where the thorns are smaller.

Cheliax

M Human Inquisitor 1 HP 12/12 | AC 14 FF 13 Touch 11 | Saves +3/+1/+3 | Init + 1 | Percep +6

"I have no means of getting them except the hard way."


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

"I, also. But it would be worth it." And shrugging again, the massive Chelaxian advances into the thicket. Blood drips from his arms where he pushes the thorny branches aside, but other than a grimace of pain he seems unaffected at first. He presses on, avoiding the thorns for a time by dint of leading with his leather-clad torso, but once past the halfway point things take a turn for the worse--the thorn toxin has finally won past his endurance. He manages to reach the berries, looking rather the worse for wear. Now he takes a moment to pull himself together and casts his mage hand spell to begin gathering berries.

Round 1: Move 15' in.
DC 12 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Round 2: Move 15' in; now at 30'.
DC 12 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Round 3: Move 15' in, now at 45'.
DC 12 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Fort save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Sickened; -2 on just about everything.

Round 4: Move 15' in, reaching the berries.
DC 12 Reflex save: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 - 2 = 0
Fort save: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 4 - 2 = 16

7/10 HP, sickened. How long does it take to recover from being sickened?


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

24 hours to recover. Can I assume he picks all the berries?

It takes Dragolan a considerable time to harvest the berries with careful use of his mage hand spell, some twenty minutes, but by doing so he avoids the dangers a more conventional method would face. In all he gets about twelve handfuls of berries.

1d100 ⇒ 28

As Dragolan collects the berries and the rest of the party either watch, or carefully gather viper nettles for burning a small brown boar bursts from the nearby trees squealing madly and plunging into the stream.

Seconds later a lizard comfortably bigger than most ponies, gallops out after it intent upon its prey. With a surprising turn of speed it launches itself into the stream jaws clamping neatly shut upon the boars neck. Giving the group a suspicious glance it drags its out of the stream and begins to shake its jaws slamming the boar into the ground until its head and neck tear off with a terrible wet ripping crunch.

Eyes on the group it swallows the head whole, a great bulge appearing in its throat, and then drags the rest of its kill off into the trees...

I'm assuming you guys won't want to engage, but please feel free to if you wish.

Knowledge Nature Joll Beliver: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Knowledge Nature Alexite Krupt: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Knowledge Nature Dragolan Canario: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Dragolan:
You recognize this great beast as a Monitor Lizard, the feared Shiv Dragon! They are supposed to have a poisonous bite, and powerful jaws that can grab and hold a man with incredible force. There are many credible reports of these creatures killing and eating humans.


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

Don't forget, as a Bard Quinta can make any Knowledge check you can think of. ;) She's just not trained in all of them -- yet.


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

"Be wary of that thing--it is a monitor lizard, and it is reputed to have a poisonous bite. It is also supposed to be a man-eater. Best to leave it to its meal."

Dragolan being Dragolan, he can't resist trying one of the berries. (He'll take one of the smaller ones, though. No sense being too greedy.)

After gathering as much as he can, the portly oracle tries to bull his way back through the brush. The poison slows him down enough that he falls into a thorn branch as soon as he reenters the worst of the thicket, and it doesn't get any better after that until the last leg of the trip out. Bleeding profusely from a plethora of punctures (and looking more than a little peaked), he nevertheless grins as he emerges with a sack of berries. "Ha! Success!" Then he sits down heavily and casts a pair of spells on himself. "Hmph. Clearly the thorn toxin has taken more from me than I thought it would. I will recover in time."

Round 1: Move 15' back.

DC 12 Ref save: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 - 2 = 11

Round 2: Move 15' back; at 30'.

DC 12 Ref save: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 1 - 2 = 3

Round 3: Move 15' back; at 45'.

DC 12 Ref save: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 1 - 2 = 2

Round 3: Move 15' back; out.

DC 12 Ref save: 1d20 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 - 2 = 17

CLW on self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLW on self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


DM Carpe wrote:

Seconds later a lizard comfortably bigger than most ponies, gallops out after it intent upon its prey. With a surprising turn of speed it launches itself into the stream jaws clamping neatly shut upon the boars neck. Giving the group a suspicious glance it drags its out of the stream and begins to shake its jaws slamming the boar into the ground until its head and neck tear off with a terrible wet ripping crunch.

Eyes on the group it swallows the head whole, a great bulge appearing in its throat, and then drags the rest of its kill off into the trees..

The ranger dropped the thorns he had managed to pry loose from the plant, his hands moved quickly and he was soon looking down his arrow shaft at the large lizard.

When the animal seemed preoccupied with its meal, the ranger signaled everyone to be quiet. Breathing a sigh of relief as the monster left, Alexite commented, "What was that? This place gets more dangerous by the moment...

queue Dragolan's warning

"You don't have to tell me twice; I just hope it got a belly full and will now go and lie in the sun somewhere."

after Dragolan emerges
"You're hurt. Mayhaps you should take a berry or two. I hate to have you walk around 'under-the-weather' and we meet another one of the local lizards.

Knowledge nature (to see if berries would help Dragolan): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

My apologies Quinta I did forget that, I'll remedy it - though in this case Dragolan has already imparted the relevant information. I'll paste you into the knowledge nature dice list on my profile.

Dragolan finds the berry to be extremely tart, with a lingering almost burning aftertaste - like sour ginger - but overall quite pleasant. He suspects they would be quite valuable to a chef as well as to healers.

By the time Dragolan extracts himself from the Viper Nettles the rain has slowed to a drizzle and the skies are rapidly returning to azure blue. If the group press on any further they likely won't manage to return to camp before dark. From the direction of the tracks before they petered out, the Captain and his Lady were headed for the larger body of the island.

Its approximately 4pm, and will take you around 4 hours to get back to camp. Of course you can camp out here if you wish.

The berries give a +4 bonus to your next save, so they won't really help Dragolan. I believe you need to eat a handful for it to work, so you effectively have 12 does, but have not got time to check currently.


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

"I vote that we not take any reptiles off this island," Quinta says as soon as the group is out of the monitor lizard's earshot. "No matter how small or cute it looks right now. For all we know, that huge thing last night is what the little ones become with enough food."

The Chelish girl shudders delicately, then claps Dragolan on a piece of his back not currently riddled with holes. "You're a tough man, friend. I'll honour you with song, unless I forget to do so." She winks at the portly Oracle.

"So, gents. What do we do? Hunt on or wait for morning?"

Cheliax

M Human Inquisitor 1 HP 12/12 | AC 14 FF 13 Touch 11 | Saves +3/+1/+3 | Init + 1 | Percep +6

Sorry, could not complete my post earlier...

Joll watched Dragolan with a mix of surprise and admiration. Although his appearance strongly suggests a lack of will and a weakness for indulgence the man's action speak of determination and resolve. There is clearly more to him than one would otherwise suspect.

"Dragolan you have the heart of a warrior to do what you did. Having you here gives me even greater confidence that we will show this island our backs without question."


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

Dragolan smiles, though he still looks a little roiled. "Bah. Better me than Alexite or Joll; I can still cast spells while ill."


HP: 12/18 | AC: 17/13/14 | Saves: 0/+6/+3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +11 (+12 vs. traps) | Evasion | Fast Stealth |

Jack seems to have been watching on with a mixture of awe and pity as Dragolan braves the thorn bush to get to the berries.

"I could tell that you like food, Canario, but I didn't realize just how much.."

His jesting chuckle is cut short by the rampaging lizard and its gruesome catch.

"Uhhh.. let's keep moving, shall we?"


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

The oracle laughs and claps Jack on the shoulder. "You've found me out! But I agree with you; at the moment I have no particular desire for lizard tartare, so let us return to the camp."


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

I have one vote for heading back to camp. Jack's keep moving is a bit ambiguous. I'll give it a few hours and than advance with the most votes given option - at the moment head back to camp.

Cheliax

M Human Inquisitor 1 HP 12/12 | AC 14 FF 13 Touch 11 | Saves +3/+1/+3 | Init + 1 | Percep +6

"I would rather press on but, after seeing your selflessness in securing the berries, Dragolan, I would yield to your wishes"


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

"It is merely that I would not wish our companions to worry needlessly, and I should not like to be mucking about in the jungle after dark. We can, however, attempt to return via a different route--perhaps there is more to see in the area. I also think that tomorrow we should move the campsite here."


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

The area of the Island you are on is pretty narrow and appears to have only one usable trail. But I'll go ahead and post you heading back shortly - I'm guessing the notification thing will be an issue, something you can rectify tomorrow if you choose.

With their newly acquired berries the party heads back to their camp. The parrots return and scream at them for an hour or so before apparently growing board, and Tito's monkey troupe follow them for a while scampering over Alexite to check upon their friend with little concern.

They reach the camp as darkness is falling and see Sasha and Jask bent over a cook pot filled with small crabs, while a number of flatfish roast over the fire on and improvised spit being turned by Gerik. Ishirou is polishing his sword, and Aerys scribbling frantically at her manuscript.

1d100 ⇒ 80


Alexite was a little concerned about the monkey troupe coming and taking his new-found friend away but was content with Tito hanging around when the troupe left. After all, it was the monkey who had let the ranger know about the spider swarm so the little guy was already becoming useful. The ranger neared the cooks and took a little something for his monkey friend and continued with the 'come-when-called' training.

later

He neared the camp-keepers, "Any news to report?"

He then spoke to no one in particular, "So you think we should move the campsite?"

Cheliax

M Human Inquisitor 1 HP 12/12 | AC 14 FF 13 Touch 11 | Saves +3/+1/+3 | Init + 1 | Percep +6

"Yes, we want to get nearer to the possible wreck that Jask spoke of."


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

"Alright, I'm curious," Quinta says as she plops down next to Aerys. "What are you writing?"


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Sasha hops up to her feet and saunters over to the group, inspecting Dragolan's various perferations with a quirked eyebrow,

"Not much, we decided to stay close at hand, found some crabs, got nipped a bit, and I speared some fish. Gerik tried to cheer up our poe faced duo, and Jask found some sort of root that we're boiling up wih the crabs - for variety."

Jask nods along to Sasha's words as he scrapes some salt off a rock with a shallow indent, having previously placed seawater in it and allowed the sun to evaporate it to get salt.

Aerys scowls up at Quinta wild eyed, and snaps,

"Something private." She has dark rings around her eyes and the quill in her hand shakes visibly.


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

"A minor encounter with a militant thornbush. I've had worse, but the poison puts me in mind of the time I left the chicken out overlong before cooking. That was before my Mystery came upon me, you understand, so I couldn't tell the meat had turned slightly."

He makes his way over to where Aerys is industriously writing. "Madame, I have something here that may help you in particular. Quinta, will you give us a moment?"

Assuming the bard leaves, Dragolan says quietly, "I am, as you probably know by now, a trained healer, and I have seen symptoms such as you exhibit before. I earned these--" He indicates the scratches and punctures remaining on his arms and face. "--obtaining berries that, I am told, will help you. Would you care to try? At the very least they taste quite pleasant, so I will not be asking you to consume some wretched herbal decoction."

Untrained Diplomacy check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Nicely done Dragolan, I think a +4 for the berries is more than reasonable and that gets you the total you need dead on. I'd also give you a +2 for being discrete, but you don't need it.

Aery's eyes widen as she sees the berries and she mouths, "viper berries", before taking them reverently from Dragolan. Flushing faintly she looks up at him and says quietly,

"Thank you, that was very thoughtful."

To Quinta she calls,

"Look, sorry you can take a look, its just not finished and its probably not very good... Please be careful with it."

Standing up and handing the sheaf of papers to Quinta,

"I suppose you can all read it - if you want to - you, ah, went out of your way for me and I'm not ungrateful..." She manages clearly uncomfortable. Then she moves off a little way down the beach and turns her back to the group, returning a few minutes later and falling swiftly asleep.

Quinta:

The Title Page reads "The Abendago Cantos, by Aerys Mavato", and you quickly realize the work is an epic poem. And its brilliant, clearly a work of genius. Its virtually impossible to put down, a story of love loss and valor, and above all of strength of will denying temptation and hardship to overcome incalculable odds.

The piece affects Quinta so strongly that she now receives a permanent +1 on all will saving throws vs. compulsion effects.

As full dark falls the waves once again take on an eery green glow, and low despairing moans seem to echo from the waters.

Gain 300 XP each for making Aerys Mavato helpful! Though her helpfulness isn't really going to kick in fully until morning. You should all have 1291 XP by my reckoning.


Good job! Only one to go...

Alexite was intrigued by the last dour castaway. He'd seen plenty of races, both in Sargava and especially in the melting pot that was Bloodcove but he'd never encounter one such as Ishirou.

Trying his best not to be too obvious the ranger was studying the man to see what made him tick. He desperately wanted him on better terms than he was at the moment, especially now that they were finding out how truly dangerous this place was.

Alexite is trying to 'observe' Ishirou for something that he could strikeup a conversation with. Does he pay particular attention to anything specific? I imagine him doing this throught the day/night; do I roll perception or can I take 10? 20?


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Ishirou watches Aerys, with his sad grey eyes, and finally settles down to sleep without saying a word. As the group settle down to sleep the fire suddenly bellow up hugely as something hairy crashes into its midst scattering ash a sparks!

An alien screeching howl rips through the night and the keen of ear can just pick out the flapping of leathery wings out of sight in the darkness above.

Once the darkness settles the group can finally make out what has disturbed their fire, in the midst of the dying embers is the carcass of a goat, freshly slain, with two great puncture marks in its throat.

1d100 ⇒ 74
1d100 ⇒ 2


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

Dragolan murmurs a brief orison and conjures forth a ball of light. "Well, well, well. Moving the campsite tomorrow seems like a better idea all the time. I wonder what sort of creature we are dealing with, here?" He pads over to the body and examines it.

Heal check to determine cause of death: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 - 2 = 22
Profession (Cook) check to determine if any of the goat is salvageable: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 5 - 2 = 20


HP: 12/18 | AC: 17/13/14 | Saves: 0/+6/+3 | Initiative: +3 | Perception: +11 (+12 vs. traps) | Evasion | Fast Stealth |

Jack, barely awake and a little delirious: "Don't touch it! It's probably cursed! Or poisoned! It might explode and spray us all with fetid contagious bile!" Jack scrambles away from the center of the campsite and then just flops in the sand, catching his breath.

"I've been on this island too long. I gotta get outta here."


Female Human (Chelish) Bard 1 / Sorcerer 2; Initiative +2, Perception +4, hp 19, AC 14 (+2 Dex, +2 armour), Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +7

Before the nighttime visitor...

Quinta sits as still as a statue, apart from the quick motions of her eyes and the twitching of her fingers as she goes from page to page. She reads the document once... twice... a third time. Reverently, the Bard re-stacks the papers and walks over to Aerys to hand the poem back. And to kiss her hand.

"Exquisite," she says, her voice hoarse with emotion. "Wonderful. I am not a great poet, but I would be honoured to sing your words someday."

After the nocturnal goat...

Quinta bolts out of her sleeping-place and flings out a hand towards the fire. "Dance, lights, dispel the dark! Light me up a blazing arc!" she chants, then tugs on the hilt of her rapier.

Torches spin out of thin air, illuminating the camp and the surrounding area.

"This is starting to look like deliberate harassment," she says in a bleak voice. "Maybe it is a devil."

Quinta casts Dancing Lights, adding to Dragolan's light and illuminating as large an area as possible.

Cheliax

M Human Inquisitor 1 HP 12/12 | AC 14 FF 13 Touch 11 | Saves +3/+1/+3 | Init + 1 | Percep +6

Joll wakes from a vague dream, possibly one that features Sasha in some capacity. He is still for a moment before realizing what happened. Then he crouches low to the ground and moves in a almost ape-like fashion in order not to present an inviting target to something above.

"I heard the screech. It did not sound like something from an intelligent being, more like a simple animal. But this might be some sort of harassment indeed."

"Whatever dropped the goat must be big to have carried it through the air. Large flying creatures usually lair in high places. If we need to fight this thing at some point we need to do it somewhere that its size puts it at a disadvantage. Perhaps we can set a trap for it somewhere."

You are not focused. Get a grip on yourself and asses the situation. Don't speculate on what is not at hand. You were trained better than to do that.

Joll bends down to examine the goat for anything that he can learn from its corpse.

Heal
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Dragolan and Joll:
The goat seems to have been drained of the majority of its blood through a pair of large puncture marks, from their spacing and position these seem to have been caused by a pair of near dagger sized fangs! There's no sign of poison and Dragolna is pretty sure the beast is salvagable for culinary purposes.

Aerys flushes and looks away muttering something unintelligible in response to Quinta's praise, and its clear she did not enjoy it.

Eventually after rebuilding the fire and organizing the watches everyone settles down to sleep.

1d100 ⇒ 98
1d9 ⇒ 2
1d4 ⇒ 4


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

As Dragolan takes his watch looking out over the glowing waves he hears a scream close at hand and sees thrashing wildly with a trail of blood, black in the firelight, running down his exposed foot. His agonized howls wake the whole camp.

At the end of the gnomes bedroll a dog sized horned lizard is flinching back. Blue sparks crackle across its blue green scales as it hisses, joined by three more similar beasts, two over by the goat carcass, and another skulking in the trees nearby.

Jask's eyes go wide and he speaks in a loud, sing song voice evidently attempting not to alarm the beasts,

"These creatures are Shocker lizards, if we alarm them they can fry us all to a crisp. They can shoot electricity, but when a couple get together they can light up the whole area around themselves with deadly power. They are incredibly dangerous!"

Dragolan Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Everyone save Dragolan is prone and in their sleeping attire. It might take a while for me to knock up a map.

Joll Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Quinta Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Lydran Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Jask Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Gerik Bardic Knowledge: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

Sorry, who does Dragolan see? The gnome, I infer, but it doesn't say that.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Oh, my apologies, it should read, "and sees Gerik thrashing wildly", too late to edit sadly :(

Camp layout. Central firepit with a canvas structure on either side half in the tree line, making use of some trunks, etc. The left one of these as you look into the jungle is the sleeping shelter, the other has a few makeshift seats, the cooking pots and supplies, etc. The goat has been placed on a large rock near the fire, to be dealt with tomorrow in the light.


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

Okay here is the map, the sleeping shelter is completely covered by PC and NPC icons, any movement in either shelter counts as difficult terrain. Its not necessarily going to come to combat, but this should let you know what's going on a little better at least.

MAP


***INACTIVE*** HP 24/24, AC 17/T11/FF16, F: +5/R: +2/W: +4; Init: +1, Perc: +1 Chelaxian Human Life Oracle/3

"Calm yourself, Gerik! I shall attempt to deal with these." Dragolan casts another spell. Casting ghost sound, trying to duplicate the noise made by the flying creature as it passed over the camp.


Alexite woke up and quickly assessed the situation, "Electric lizards?"

The ranger signaled for Tito to scamper away as he reached for his weapons. With no time for his armor, he quickly strapped on his falchion and picked up his bow.

He then resolved to wait and see what effect Dragolan could have on the lizards...


Lacedon Monster Info:
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 hp 13 (2d8+4) Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +5 Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2

The lizard glance seem unconvinced by the flapping...

Making up what I hope is a reasonable way to deal with this attempt..
Dragolan Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Dragolan Intimidate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Shocker Lizards Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Shocker Lizards Will: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Cheliax

M Human Inquisitor 1 HP 12/12 | AC 14 FF 13 Touch 11 | Saves +3/+1/+3 | Init + 1 | Percep +6

Joll had heard of eels that could produce lightning in the water but he never knew whether to believe such tales or not. Confronting these beasts dissolved the doubts that he had. He looks around to get a fix on where each of his companions are and where their foes are.

More later

Cheliax

M Human Inquisitor 1 HP 12/12 | AC 14 FF 13 Touch 11 | Saves +3/+1/+3 | Init + 1 | Percep +6

After running around the back of the tent F0-G1-G4 Joll stands with his back to the fire. If need be, he can use it as a defensive obstacle.

"Strike them from afar if you can!" he bellows.

551 to 600 of 2,132 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Souls for Smuggler's Shiv All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.