Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road (Inactive)

Game Master John Woodford

As the myriad potential Golarions collide, a small group of heroes is charged with setting things right.


401 to 450 of 2,713 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1:

Eretria calls forth a lance of flame that strikes the large akata squarely between the eyes...to no apparent effect. Sami's odd blow to one of the smaller akata strikes some vital spot in the creature, for although it remains standing it seems unsteady on its feet, and the patterns of light moving across its body slow noticeably. Darc lands a second solid blow on the large akata with his flail, but the beast is still up.

Rashun next, then the large akata.

Dice rolls:
Save vs. stunning fist: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Posting action for after the large Akata

Despite thier efforts so far the Large creature was still alive. Xavier needed to change that.
Now that he had closed, it was time to bring both his weapons into play.
If Akata's turn allows, Xavier will 5ft step to achieve a flank if space is there

TWF Primary1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8

TWF Secondary (Cestus)1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Roll to Confirm Primary Crit 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Roll to Confirm Secondary Crit 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
First Crit missed. Not sure on second. Please adjust damage as required. Note: If the beast moves and I can't twf, just add +1 to the primary damage roll.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun cast divine favor as his standard action, and then moves to engage it in melee, giving a flank if possible.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (cont'd and final):

Rashun casts his spell and closes, then the large akata attacks Darc. The slavering jaws close on empty air, but both tentacles hit. Take 12 HP, Darc. Xavier is unable to move to flank the akata, but lands a pair of solid blows anyway. The large akata is still up; it's not looking good, though.

The akata Sami stunned is unable to attack him, but another one moves up and takes its shot at the monk, missing cleanly with all attacks. Meanwhile, the two on the other side attack Rashun. Most of their attacks also miss the ranger/inquisitor, but one tentacle smashes into his side, and the second akata tears into him with the razor-sharp bone ridges that serve it for teeth. Rashun, take 13 HP and give me a FORT save vs. DC 14.

Dice rolls:
Bite to hit: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Tentacle1 to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Tentacle2 to hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Tentacle1 to confirm: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 6 = 12
Crit damage for cestus: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

2Bite to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
2Tentacle1 to hit: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
2Tentacle2 to hit: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10

3Bite to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
3Tentacle1 to hit: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8
3Tentacle2 to hit: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Tentacle damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

4Bite to hit: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
4Tentacle1 to hit: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
4Tentacle2 to hit: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
Bite damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

In future rounds, please put a status bar at the head of your post; see Darc's last post for details. Basically, the round #, your AC, your current and total HP, and any conditions you're under.

Round 2:
Eretria
Rashun
Sami
Darc
Large akata
Xavier
Other akata

ETA: Current map is HERE.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Fort save:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Round 2 Hp 27/27 Ac 17/16/15 Saves +5/+7/+7

Sami opens up his stance ever so slightly to allow for the newest threat to his left side, but his attack remains fixed upon the beast that should be just now shaking off the effects of the monk's last attack. He lashes out with a palm strike, the edges of his hand rimmed with orange flames.

Elemental fist attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Additional fire damage1d6 ⇒ 4


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 2 (cont'd):

Rashun--nothing apparently happens.

Leaving a trail of flame in the air, Sami's palm strike would have hit the creature had it not shaken off the effects of the previous round's attack; it barely dodges in time.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Round 2

Status:failed some fort save, waiting for result
HP: 20/33 AC: 17/11/16
Conditions: Divine Favor 2 rounds remaining
Power Attacking
Attack Scimitar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage Scimitar: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

RD 2, AC 22/13/18, HP 38, Conditions: +1AC for Two.Wpn Defence

Marcus takes another 5ft step, trying to get the flank, continuing his assault.

TWF Primary1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Damage1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 2 = 10

TWF Secondary1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Confirm Crit Primary1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20

Confirm Crit Secondary1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Marcus lands a pair of mighty blows. The first opening a deep dash along the beasts flank, followed by a spiked punch the the flesh exposed by the scimitar.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 2 (cont'd):

Rashun hits the akata in front of him solidly, but it's still up.

Eretria
Rashun-acted
Sami-acted
Darc
Large akata
Xavier
Other akata

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

I'll toss status in later but since I am using my phone to post its hard to check right now

Frustrated her fiery ray appeared to do no damage, Eretria opts for flat magic, casting magic missile. Both missles she can conjure are directed at the same akata.

2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 4) + 2 = 9 for damage


Weakly Godlike Entity

Eritrea--understood. I have trouble even getting to the square brackets on mine. Are you going to target the large one? It's still up.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Round 2:

Status:
HP: 34/38+8(rage) AC: 19/9/18 Conditions: Divine Favor 3/10 Rage: 1/15
Attack Flail 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 20
Damage Flail 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 12

Feeling the pain from the blow he received, Darc flies into a rage and continues his all out attack on the large creature. His smile taking on the bestial look of the orc race.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Same one I hit before.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 2 (cont'd):

As Darc works himself into a frenzy, Eretria coolly looses a pair of arcane bolts into the large akata, which obliges her by collapsing in a heap. Darc redirects his attack towards the akata that Sami stunned last round, inflicting enough damage to take it out of the fight.

Eretria-acted
Rashun-acted
Sami-acted
Darc-acted
Large akata-deceased
Xavier
Other akata-1 deceased; 2-4 still there

Xavier, you're up.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Already posted my round 2 action above (we did say you could post out of order so we weren't waiting on people?) So just use that if a 5 ft step can threaten a small akata (I'm pretty sure I can reach one)


Weakly Godlike Entity

Sorry, missed that. Since 1 is down, you can move to flank 3 with Rashun. You don't have to move to attack it if you don't want to, and a 5' step won't do it, but I wrote the result as if you took a full move to flank 3 and attacked.

As Darc puts paid to one of the akata facing Sami and the large beast collapses, Xavier sees his opportunity and rushes into the room. Circling behind one of the two on Rashun, his blade and cestus strike home, and the creature falls dying to the ground.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

No worries. To be fair though, Xavier can't TWF as a standard action until level 9 so it would have been a single 2 handed attack though. The difference at this level is only 2 though so probably doesn't matter. I think because movement will dictate whether I TWF or 2 hand I'll probably stick with waiting for my turn. I check like, 4 times a day so should be fine.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Round 3:

Status:
HP: 34/38+8(rage) AC: 19/9/18 Conditions: Divine Favor 4/10 Rage: 2/15
Attack Flail 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 24 df+rage
Damage Flail 1d8 + 4 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 2 + 2 = 11 df+rage

Looking around for further prey to wreak his vengeance for the wounds he suffered, Darc moves to the nearest foe and strikes, as he roars an orcish war cry. "Muaaaaaah!"


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 2 (final):

The tide of battle has clearly turned, but the two remaining akata show no sign of slowing their attacks. Another whirlwind of tentacles and jaws later, however, only one managed a single hit; a tentacle like a great flail smashed into the nagaji. Sami, take 5 HP.

Dice rolls:
2 Bite on Sami: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
2 Tentacle1 on Sami: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
2 Tentacle1 on Sami: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (18) - 1 = 17
Tentacle damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

4 Bite on Rashun: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
4 Tentacle1 on Rashun: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
4 Tentacle1 on Rashun: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12

Updated map HERE.

Round 3:
Eretria
Rashun
Sami
Darc-acted
Large akata-deceased
Xavier
Other akata-1&3 deceased; 2&4 still there

Darc's flail whirls in the half-orc's capable hands, thudding into the akata nearest him with the sound of snapping bones. It's still active, though.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

RD 3, AC 22/13/18, HP 38, +1AC for Two weapon defence

Xavier sees the oppurtunity to bring this fight to a close, he 5 ft steps to N 12, setting up a flank and attacks the Akata.

Post my action now since no Akata are before me. TWF Primary1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
+2 for flank
Damage1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

TWF Secondary1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20+2 for flank
Damage1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

"Die, damn you"

He chances a look at Eretria to see if she's watching.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

AC 16/12/14, HP 18/18 (Under mage armor spell)

Eretria takes a quick look around the room for her next target, she figures there must be one more then the one she can see but as she can only clearly see one from where she stands she casts magic missile again targeting akata number 2. If she had been watching Xavier at all she made no indication of it.

2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8 magic missile damage


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Round 3 Hp 22/27 Ac 17/16/15 Saves +5/+7/+7

Sami takes measure of the situation and immediately recognizes the tactical advantage that Darc's presence offers. He takes a quick step to his left then lashes out with a rigid, open palm that darts forward like a spear.

Take 5 foot step to the left to eventually set up a flank...not that I think we'll need it, then attack
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

If anyone prefers, if you type the round and condition line in your class line on the character page, it'll appear next to your avatar and only requires updating, rather than retyping every time.


Weakly Godlike Entity

All of my characters have the status bar under a spoiler in their profile; I open up the profile in another window or tab, and paste it from there. As long as the information is there, I have no objection to putting it into your class line.

Round 3 (cont'd):

Eretria-acted
Rashun
Sami-acted
Darc-acted
Large akata-deceased
Xavier-acted
Other akata-1,2&3 deceased; 4 still there

Retconning what happened with the attacks: Eretria started the round with another pair of mystic bolts to akata #2, which was in short order then hit by a spear hand from Sami and a flail attack from Darc. It was staggering after Sami's attack, and Darc finished it off. Akata #4 is wounded but still up...at least, until Rashun acts again.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun attacks the creature hoping to finish it off.

Round 3

Status:failed some fort save, waiting for result
HP: 20/33 AC: 17/11/16
Conditions: Divine Favor 1 round remaining
Power Attacking
Attack Scimitar: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25
Damage Scimitar: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Weakly Godlike Entity

Rashun, there's still no apparent effect.

A scimitar slice into the already-wounded akata and it's over. There are none of the foe left alive.

Quickly searching the room, it looks like it used to be some sort of storeroom, but the shelves and contents have long since been turned into akata bedding. The area marked with x's on the map is a low opening in the wall, leading to a rough-hewn tunnel that's a few feet below the level of the floor.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Xavier sheathes his scimitar, pleased that none of his allies had fallen and that the half orc had not turned on anyone. He also realised this one was a powerful warrior but his fury in battle left him vulnerable. He would remember that if they ever came to blows.

Is everyone allright?

He expected Rashun would he'll everyone now, that was always thebpious one's job.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami swiftly slows down his breathing to an even flow, then gives Xavier a quick grin. Indeed, and well fought. I slipped once and one of the beasts made me pay, but it will serve as a fine lesson.. He pats the waterskin full of seawater at his side, and shrugs. Another lesson, then; I forgot about one of our most potent weapons. No matter, we'll be well stocked in case we need it.. The Nagaji surveys the room in a slow circuit, looking for anything here that may serve as a summining device.

Perception1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun cast detect magic.
He then follows it up with a thorough search taking 20. The entrance to the tunnel gets a lot of attention.

Perception check: 35


Weakly Godlike Entity

Rashun, the large akata has a collar around its neck that gives off a faint aura of enchantment magic. Other than that there is nothing detectable in the room. The room itself is nothing more than it appears to be, an old storeroom with rotted clerical vestments, broken candles and spilled incense, and now-empty food containers. You can tell that the tunnel entrance used to be a concealed doorway, broken open when the building shifted. The tunnel behind it is rough-hewn from the rock, unlike the finished brickwork of the stairway, hall, and room. Looking down the tunnel you can tell it slopes downward and opens up after about twenty feet, but you can see nothing past where it opens up.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Pointing to the large akata:
"This creature has a collar around its neck that is radiating faint enchantment magic.

spellcraft(figure out how what magic item does):1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

You can speak for me with regard to what I do or do not figure out GM Carbide.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc is left exhausted by his exertions in battle, he slumps to the floor, breathing heavily. The bestial visage relaxes and smile breaks out as his head bows and he mumbles a prayer. It is a few seconds later that he looks around at his fellow fighters. "Good, fought well." He breathing continues to be labored and gets up, his leg dripping as he limps towards the rest of you.

"Onward?" he asks of Rashun after he has finished his searching.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The collar is of unusual manufacture, blocky and functional with no embellishments or flourishes. Rashun studies it for a time and says, "Strange. This is only half the item. It carries an effect like charm monster, but tied to the other piece so that whoever held the other piece could command the one wearing the collar."


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

"Darc I am ready to move on, but I want everyone else to be ready also. These are dangerous enemies, and I am sure the oracle will not be an exception when it is encountered."

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

sounds like something sort of like the jailer/prisoner rings
"I want to point out I still think a fighter should take our rear when we go in just to help against an ambush...."


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc looks around his fellow companions, his battle lust willing him to the front. "Sami no armor?"


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami grins and shakes his head at Darc. No, my friend; I fear that armor wouldn't agree with my style of fighting. He nods to Eretria. I'll stay to the back; I'd be better suited to watch in the darkness anyway. He heads towards the back and keeps a watch on their flank as they proceed.


Weakly Godlike Entity

You make your way down into the tunnel. Again, there are signs that parts of the roof caved in and were cleared. The metallic scent and the smell of rot are still present here; now that you've faced akata you know that the metallic scent is from them. The open area is a round chamber about ten feet across, with three exits and a hole in the floor. One of the exits is blocked by a collapse, but the other two are open. The hole in the floor looks like it was dug into rock by something with claws.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Perception check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34


Weakly Godlike Entity

The only sounds you hear come from the party. As far as Rashun can tell the group is alone down here.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami keeps watch at the rear until the group is fully into the room, then he warily moves over to glance down into the hole in the floor.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The hole goes down in a slight curve, which takes it out of Sami's line of sight.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Xavier is a little relieved he doesn't get asked to go to the rear (he was here to kill things, after all), he moves off waiting.for Darc to go first for the Half-Orc.had darkvision and he wanted to keep an eye on him anyway.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami shrugs at his companions, showing that he's found little in regards to the enigmatic hole. He uncorks his wineskin and lets a steady trickle of seawater flow down the hole. He hopes for no result at all, but fears leaving a possible group of smaller Akata behind the group.


Weakly Godlike Entity

I knew I'd forgotten something in the room description--the hole is over four feet across, and curves out of sight about twenty feet down. Also, Eretria, do you have a link for the jailer/prisoner ring description?


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc edges around the room close to the wall, on his way to the first of the exits as he travels in a clockwise direction. He stops when he gets to the edge, turns back to see if Xavier and the rest are following or not. He peeks his head around to look down the hewn corridor, he sniffs the air as he does so.

Darkvision Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 looking down the first corridor.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Darc, the first opens into a small room with a lot of generic debris--wood, fabric, and the like--in it. Without light you can't tell the color of the fabric. The second opens into a small room of identical size, but this one is in much better shape (although it's quite dusty; there's a lot of grit all over the rooms down here). It's another shrine, rather like the ones upstairs, but this one is dedicated to Norgorber in his aspect as the Reaper of Reputations.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

I will grab the link when I get home from work tonight also, I have a li rock remember.

Eretria follows along with the group as quiet as she can manage while holding her light.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami watches Darc as he examines the rooms, then his eyes drift back down to the hole. Is there another exit, or is this hole the main passage? It certainly looks to be a passage made by the claws of a beast...perhaps they live down there.

401 to 450 of 2,713 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.