Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road (Inactive)

Game Master John Woodford

As the myriad potential Golarions collide, a small group of heroes is charged with setting things right.


1,501 to 1,550 of 2,713 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Weakly Godlike Entity

Sami, you can see a few ruined buildings near the shore, and one stone building that still looks reasonably solid.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Dry land sounds great as long as its safe."


Weakly Godlike Entity

Lum scratches his head. "Haven't been this way since Starfall, really. I'd say just keep your eyes open. Versey?"

The tall alien shrugs. Via Besmarial, he says, "I don't know, either. The ship is on the north side of the river, and the plants don't tend to cross water."


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

So I take it we are in favor of camping. Let's get us to shore then


Weakly Godlike Entity

A quick reconnoiter of the area around the jetty shows no sign of hostiles. This appears to have been another semipermanent logging camp; most of the buildings have burned to their foundations, and the one exception you noted from the river used to be some sort of storehouse built entirely of stone. There are signs that it was used as a shelter since Starfall, although it apparently hasn't been disturbed for many years.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami motions to the stone house. As fine a place as any to camp, I'd think. Shall we go and make sure it's unoccupied, and then settle in for the evening?

Sorry...it is getting near late in the day, right?


Weakly Godlike Entity

It's around twilight, yes.

The stone house proves to be reasonably weather-tight and unoccupied by anything bigger than a mouse. Some litter in one corner turns out to be a somewhat decayed leather backpack holding two tightly corked dark green glass bottles, about one quart each.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Xavier holds up the flasks for Eretria or Rashun to examine.
Do either of you know what these are?


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Where did the flask come from?


Weakly Godlike Entity
DM Carbide - Dark Road wrote:
Some litter in one corner turns out to be a somewhat decayed leather backpack holding two tightly corked dark green glass bottles, about one quart each.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

I use detect magic, and if they are I attempt to identify them.

spellcraft:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria will give the ranger a chance to examine them before attempting it, she patiently awaits his results.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc stays by the door, surveying the approach.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The bottle contents are not magic, Rashun. They look more like wine bottles, actually.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

What check would be needed to identify them?


Weakly Godlike Entity

Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (Local), Appraise, or a number of professions.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria will take a look at them.
Knowledge(Nature): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

This place will do nicely for a camp. Stone Walls. Defensible. I'll see if I can catch anything nice for a decent meal.

Survival1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Weakly Godlike Entity

Eretria, they appear to be wine. A red of some variety. Depending on how they were sitting and what the temperature variation was, they might even be drinkable.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun goes out to help Xavier hunt for food.
Survival:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

edit:Next time we should just take 10. :)


Weakly Godlike Entity

With Rashun's help, Xavier brings in an assortment of edibles--puffball mushrooms, a couple of rabbits, and some assorted greens.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami nods at the hunters with the respect that those of their talents deserve, then sets to finding all of the entrances into the building in order to account for them in terms of defense. As he does so, he searches for any hidden crevices or areas of significant damage where something like an evil plant monster could gain entry.

Perception1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

How about flammable? Are they flammable?

"Wine... might still be good." She comments, storing them in her pack.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Sami, the building is quite sound still, and doesn't look like it offers any obvious points of entry for militant vines.

Eretria, they're not that high in alcohol content.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Quite pleased at his usefulness Xavier sets to making dinner.
We are eating well tonight. Anyone up for some sparring later?

While cooking he has a thought, Eretria, you explained to me that sorcerer's didn't learn magic from books. That it is in the blood. Why is it you need to speak weird words and do the hand waving. If it was nature, couldn't you sort of just point and kill things?


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Always, Xavier. We cannot let ourselves become lazy in these peaceful days, for our enemies will surely not.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Well the chanting and hand manipulation is basically how I direct what the magic does, if it was purely mental... well thats just an entirely different sort of magic there."


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

So....if a mage can speak they can't cast?


Weakly Godlike Entity

You mean "can't speak?"


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

typo. CAN'T speak. Obviously I know the answer but Xavier doesn't. He is having an idea!


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc helps with the fire and as he can. He looks at Xavier not understanding what he's getting at, "My god's magic, I speak." He shrugs chewing on a tough piece of rabbit, before spitting out into the fire the gristle.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Well depends on the spell... some spells need only speaking some only require hand gestures, some both. Sometimes a mage can be skilled enough not to need either but thats a fair amount more difficult."


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

So..when we fight a caster, could you cast a spell on them so they couldn'tspeak or hear? Would that stop the magic?

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

"I don't have such a spell, there are spells that make it harder though."


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

"That might work Xavier, but if they are able to resist the magic they can cast anyway, and many casters have powerful minds."


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Dad used to adventure with a Dwarven cleric of Torag and a Halfing Scout. They weren't very stealthy in plate, which annoyed the Halfling alot. Used to cast a spell that made the immediate area around them impossibly silent so they could follow the scout without giving him away. I thought we could maybe cast it on me or an arrow if we meet a wizard. Then when I got close or we shot him with the arrow that might stop his spell casting.

It's clear Xavier is unsure of himself. He has put some thought into this and hopes the idea has some merit. It's not often he thought outside his area of expertise but he said he would try.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

"Games, just games" say Darc disparagingly. The half-orc just sits and with an oily rag cleans his weapon. "Fight in darkness, young races fight bad." he laughs as he remembers fighting the best of the human knights in the tunnels, when the torches went out. It was a bloody battle, the half-orc slaughtered them once the darkness fell.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Sounds good, except I don't have such spells."


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

"I just learned how to cast such a spell recently. I don't know if it will stay working if the arrow breaks though. Magic is a peculiar thing."


Weakly Godlike Entity

The night is quiet, with only a susurrus of slithering from across the river to disturb your rest.

It's cooler next morning, and nearly calm. The area around the river is foggy. Visibility is around a quarter-mile. There's about five miles to go yet, or (given how laden your boat is) two hours or more of rowing against the current.

Everyone who's rowing, give me a DC 12 Fort save to avoid being fatigued. Add your STR bonus to your roll in addition to the normal CON bonus.

Dice rolls:
Miscellaneous roll E: 1d100 ⇒ 28
Miscellaneous roll W: 1d100 ⇒ 20
Miscellaneous roll A: 1d100 ⇒ 11


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

On a road trip. Light posting for 2 days. Fort save 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 3 = 18


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc will try not to row unless he has to, his knuckles hold onto the side of the boat as he travels.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami helps Xavier as much as he can along the last leg of their journey. Fort save1d20 + 5 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 3 = 10. Alas, the current proves strong enough to challenge his body, and he ends the trip barely able to bear the weight of his own arms.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Fort save:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

edit:Another wasted high roll. Why can't I get those in combat.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria isn't going to row if she can help it either, she dislikes being on boats as it is.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

As the group start to row, it becomes apparent that he must help to balance out the rowers on each side. As he does this and concentrates on the actions of rowing, it seems to calm him as his mind focuses on the job in hand.

Fort Save with str .. 1d20 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 3 = 11
Anything but a 1 ... oh dear!


Weakly Godlike Entity

Despite Lum's assistance steering, the boat is briefly trapped in an eddy. Darc and Sami tire themselves out freeing the craft, and don't get enough time to rest as the river has a short stretch of rapids soon thereafter. Whether by luck or skill, Xavier and Rashun are able to row more efficiently.

Not long after you pass the rapids, Versey points at the north bank. "We is most-close now. Source-direction that is."


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Then source direction we go, friend.
Xavier adjusts his rowing and helps bring the boat to shore at the required spot.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

"Speed good, dry land." says Darc, in hope that soon they wil be on land once more.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The brush is thickest near the river's edge, making it easy to pull the boat close...although every time one of you puts a hand on a branch, you half-expect it to turn in your hand. It's worse when the wind blows. A bit of hacking and slashing later, you have a space to beach the boat and a clearing.

Can I have a marching order, please? Note that Lum and Versey are both second level, so they're rather more fragile than the rest of you.

Dice rolls:
Darc Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Eretria Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Rashun Perception check : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Sami Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Xavier Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Besmarial Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Lum Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Versey Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

1,501 to 1,550 of 2,713 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.