Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road (Inactive)

Game Master John Woodford

As the myriad potential Golarions collide, a small group of heroes is charged with setting things right.


1,351 to 1,400 of 2,713 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Waiting for Sami too.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami moves to the other side of the vine, opposite Rashun, and hammers away at the thing with the stiffened ridge of his hand.

Flank if possible - subtract 2 from the attack roll if I can't; attack with elemental fist - fire
Attack1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage1d8 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + (4) + 3 = 11

Apologies - was in a communications dead zone for 4 days

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria casts magic missile on the vine.

3d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 4, 1) + 3 = 12


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (final):

The combination of Rashun's deep slice, Sami's chop (despite the lack of apparent effect from the flames), and Eretria's spell is too much for the animate plant, and it ceases its movement.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc shrugs at his friends success, a plant!. He picks up one of its shriveled leaves and after several seconds nods, then utters a single word. "Search"

Identifying the plant, Darc realises that it does not digest the victims wepaons and armor, so starts looking for such in the area or een another vine.
Knowledge(Nature) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 to search the area around the assassin vine


Male Human Warpriest 6, AC20/T10/FF20+1 if using Shield, HP55/55, F9/R4/W10, CMB+8/CMD+18

Umm, are you worried about more creatures, Darc?

Xavier follows the Barbarian, though not understanding his reasons simply looks for enemies.
He retrieves his Scimitar.

Perception1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Weakly Godlike Entity

Darc, this particular assassin vine looks a bit odd to you--a more violet cast to the leaves, which are also a different shape from the ones you've seen in your travels. You find nothing in the area. While following you around, though, Xavier trips over the partially disjointed skeleton of a dwarf, with a couple of small shoots that look like the larger vine growing through it. The skeleton is in still-mostly unrusted chain, and a battleax is nearby. A pouch at the skeleton's belt contains ten platinum pieces and a sealed scroll case.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria stands nearby, keeping watch. She has no interest wading through foliage.


Male Human Warpriest 6, AC20/T10/FF20+1 if using Shield, HP55/55, F9/R4/W10, CMB+8/CMD+18

Looks like our friend here was not so lucky. That battlaxe and armor may be serviceable.

Is either weapon or armor of noticeable quality? Craft: Weapons1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc sees Xavier bend down into the foliage and look at something. He walks over and takes a look too. "Nice axe." He waves his hand in front of his eyes, murmuring something, as though to give him greater insight into the find.

"Xavier, case what in? I open?" Darc inquires to Xavier, pointing at the scroll case.

Cast Detect Magic to study the weapon and armor.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Axe and armor are both mw, Xavier. Darc, neither detect as magic.


Male Human Warpriest 6, AC20/T10/FF20+1 if using Shield, HP55/55, F9/R4/W10, CMB+8/CMD+18

Is it a chain shirt or Chainmail? I don't wanna wear it. My breastplate suits me. Take the axe Darc.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Chainmail. Sized for a dwarf, so it would take some messing around to get it to fit any of you.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun looks at the armor, and decides to keep what he has.
"Let us move on before some other strange creature crosses our path." He seems to less than happy after his second attempt to attack the vine.


Weakly Godlike Entity

What, besides the battleaxe, are you taking from the body?

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria wouldn't mind taking a look through the scroll case if it is passed her way.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc takes the scroll case to Eretria, "Here, we found this, you might find it interesting?"


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami merely waits patiently, his eyes scanning his surroundings as he waits for his companions to complete their search of the body.

Perception1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24


Weakly Godlike Entity

Sami, you spot a few other immature assassin vine sprouts in the area, but that's about it.

Eretria, the scroll case is sealed with a blob of wax bearing the image of a crowned mountain. The seal has begun to crack and pull away from the case, though, so the case can be opened without breaking the seal.


Male Human Warpriest 6, AC20/T10/FF20+1 if using Shield, HP55/55, F9/R4/W10, CMB+8/CMD+18

Xavier calmly pulls the Chainmail off the dwarfs remains. When he recieves odd looks he merely states, I expect you to do the same If I fall. Gear does the dead no good. This could pay for something useful later.
He secures it in his Handy Haversack.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

"Burn new shoots." Darc says to Sami as they examine the new shoots growing through the undergrowth.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria is going to open the case to examine the contents.


Weakly Godlike Entity

It contains a very nice vellum scroll, slight water damage to the top edge, with two columns of script. The lefthand column is in a runic language that none of you know, while the righthand column is in Common. The Common section is a letter addressed to "the Druids of Arenway," from someone styling himself as "Dralm Hammerhand, Lord of Highhelm and King of the Dwarves." The body of it, after the various flowery salutations and the like, is a plea for assistance with a plague of peculiar plants afflicting the few remaining dwarf outposts in the southeast corner of Five Kings Mountains, along the Sellen.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Mmm... seems we can expect more of these plants, men." Eretria comments with a frown before stowing the scroll back into the case. "I am curious what the other part says but perhaps we need a druid for it... or a dwarf."


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

I have comprehend languages as a spell.
"Eretria could I see that? I should be able to decipher it."
While waiting for the scroll to be handed over I Rashun cast Comprehend Languages.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The section in the runic language is a duplicate in overall meaning of the part in Common, although there are subtleties of language and idiom that didn't translate well. This is, btw, considered to be a polite thing to do in diplomatic communiques between nations with different languages.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Whilst the rest of the party look at the scroll, Darc lights a small fire over the shoots of the young assassin plants, one at a time making sure that the fire is made safe before continuing on, scraping foliage away around the plant exposing the brown bare earth.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42
DM Carbide - Dark Road wrote:
The section in the runic language is a duplicate in overall meaning of the part in Common, although there are subtleties of language and idiom that didn't translate well. This is, btw, considered to be a polite thing to do in diplomatic communiques between nations with different languages.

So the runic section is just a copy of what we could already read?


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami does his best to help Darcin exposing the new shoots, using his hands to burrow away at the earth around their bases. This is much like working in my own village; it's been too long since I've been able to get my hands well and truly dirty.. He smiles in spite of the grim nature of the work.


Male Human Warpriest 6, AC20/T10/FF20+1 if using Shield, HP55/55, F9/R4/W10, CMB+8/CMD+18

Xavier looks over Rashun's shoulder. Trying to, but not understanding the runes.


Weakly Godlike Entity
Rashun Tollinger wrote:
DM Carbide - Dark Road wrote:
The section in the runic language is a duplicate in overall meaning of the part in Common, although there are subtleties of language and idiom that didn't translate well. This is, btw, considered to be a polite thing to do in diplomatic communiques between nations with different languages.
So the runic section is just a copy of what we could already read?

Correct.

Darc, the shoots don't ignite easily, but with Sami's help you're able to uproot them and eventually get them burned.


Weakly Godlike Entity

After searching the area carefully for more shoots and excessively affectionate flora, the party makes camp in one of the ruined buildings. The night is quiet.

Conjunction -24 days.

The next morning, however, is not. You're getting ready to strike camp under a cloudy and louring brass-colored sky when the heavens open. Thunder, lightning, torrential downpour, with occasional spits of hail. If this had hit when you were out on the river, it would have been touch and go, but as it is you were able to get the boat under cover so it takes no hail damage.

Travel that day is contraindicated.

So you sit around a small fire, surrounded by the chain, listening to the rain pitter-patter on the roof and the roof timbers creak in the wind. Simultaneously, all of you hear something moving outside your shelter. What do you do?

Dice rolls:
Miscellaneous roll E: 1d100 ⇒ 92
Miscellaneous roll W: 1d100 ⇒ 3
Miscellaneous roll A: 1d100 ⇒ 97
Miscellaneous roll E'(H): 1d100 ⇒ 17
Miscellaneous roll E"(P): 1d100 ⇒ 10
Miscellaneous roll W'(H): 1d100 ⇒ 17

Darc Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Eretria Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Rashun Perception check : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Sami Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
Xavier Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Besmarial Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami looks about in his typical calm but focused manner, making sure that all of his companions are alert and ready and rousing them if not. Seems we've company; shall we introduce ourselves, or wait for them to reveal their intent? He looks at the chain about them, not entirely sure at how secure their shelter was from roving beasts.


Male Human Warpriest 6, AC20/T10/FF20+1 if using Shield, HP55/55, F9/R4/W10, CMB+8/CMD+18

Xavier draws his Scimitar and looks to Sammy and Eretria for direction. He was willing but unsure if they wanted him to go or not.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

"Cannot fight here. Go outside. Face friend or foe. Xavier?" asks the hlaf-orc of his companions. He fidgets with his flail, readying himself. In all the morning listening to the rain, he looks more relaxed now there is the opportunity to leave the confines of the cabin.


Male Human Warpriest 6, AC20/T10/FF20+1 if using Shield, HP55/55, F9/R4/W10, CMB+8/CMD+18

Xavier mouths, "Let's go" and walks out of the chain, stacking up on the exit and when Darc is ready, quickly goes through the door, Scimitar ready...

Perception1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Weakly Godlike Entity

Xavier moves towards the exit. Just before he gets there, a brief pause in the rainfall reduces the ambient noise level enough that he can hear a high-pitched voice saying in Common, "...you smell that? Smoke--someone's here!"


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun also goes outside to see what new threat may appear.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Xavier, Rashun, and Darc move out of the gap in the wall. The brief pause in the rain has ended, so the trio can't resolve any immediate details on a single humanoid figure about thirty feet away. The only obvious things about it are its height and build (at least seven feet tall and slender almost to the point of emaciation, albeit with either a hunchback or a backpack). The high-pitched voice says, "Look th--" before it's interrupted by a lower, somewhat breathier voice. "I see. Run us now?"


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami glances at Eretria and offers a shrug. He leans in to whisper. Perhaps we should wait in here in case we are needed; there's no sense to reveal our full strength before we know their intentions.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria smiles slightly, putting her back against the inside wall to the right of the gap, "I was thinking on that... but don't linger too long in here if they mean us harm."


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc shouts out, "Stay, you friend?"

Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 to see the creatures with the voices


Weakly Godlike Entity

Darc, it seems to you that the high-pitched voice was coming from the tall creature's back, while the other voice came from its head. Everyone outside, there's also something odd about the tall creature's head.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Are there any knowledge checks that would help?


Weakly Godlike Entity

Nature or History for the tall creature, v. high DC. DC 5 Nature, History, Nobility, or Local to recognize the high-pitched voice.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Knowledge(History) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Knowledge(Nature) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Weakly Godlike Entity

Darc, the high-pitched voice sounds pretty gnomish to you. The tall creature, though, is not familiar at all, and that's decidedly odd.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

"Gnome, you friend?" continues Darc.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The putative gnome replies, "Maybe. Who's asking?" You hear a murmur in the pause that follows, "Be ready to run, Versey."


Weakly Godlike Entity

ETA, since I didn't get to this until it was past the edit window: the quiet voice was the gnome again, not the other voice.

1,351 to 1,400 of 2,713 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.