Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road (Inactive)

Game Master John Woodford

As the myriad potential Golarions collide, a small group of heroes is charged with setting things right.


1,301 to 1,350 of 2,713 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>

Weakly Godlike Entity

The remaining worg executes a retreat as a move action, ending up 50' away.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Not satisfied with letting the last creature escape, Xavier follows 20ft, dropping his favored scimitar and Drawing his Masterwork bow as part of the move, he then fires at the fleeing worg.

Bow1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Damage1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Damn!

Xavier is 30ft from the STAGGERED creature. If it moves away again, he will shoot again, then close another 20ft, now 60ft from creature, 40ft from party.

Bow1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Again...

He will shoot once more, if he misses he'll give up the chase.

Bow1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Scarab Sages

Female Human Sorceress 6

As if Eretria would let it get away either, Eretria steps up and fires another set of magic missiles at it.

Damage: 3d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2, 1) + 3 = 9

Caster Check:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Weakly Godlike Entity

Darc and Rashun have their actions at the bottom of the previous round, too.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Sorceress 6

Guess we wait til saturday then ^^


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami rushes after Xavier and the creature, adding his own projectiles to the assault.

I should be able to get a few shots off as well; 40' base move and 50' range. Nall damage lethal.

Attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Attack1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Once the worg is away Rashun stands up. He then puts his scimitar away. He starts to reach for his bow, but that won't take place until the next round.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 5 (final):

DMPC'ing Darc:

The half-orc snatches out a javelin while following the worg and lets fly at the fleeing creature, but the missile overshoots.

To hit (including divine favor): 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12

Round 6:

Initiative order:

Eretria-cast magic missile; failed to penetrate SR
Besmarial-holds action
Xavier-misses with bow
Sami/Wolf-follows & misses with sling/flees at a run
Darc/Rashun

Darc continues to follow, throwing another javelin and falling short this time.
To hit (including divine favor): 1d20 + 3 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (10) + 3 + 2 - 2 = 13

Over to you, Rashun (if you're still around).


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 6:

Rashun switches to Judgment of Sacred Smiting and tries to bring it down with arrow fire. He hits, and the power of his judgment allows his arrow to penetrate the creature's unnatural resiliency. It drops.

To hit: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

You're off melee time. What now, folks?

Scarab Sages

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria is going to step up to one of the closer beasts and inspect them.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Eretria, with a +6 on Knowledge (Nature) you're reasonably familiar with real wolves, and by extension worgs.

Despite a surface similarity, these creatures are nothing like that. Their blood is black and sort of tarry, and it smells horrible. They don't seem to have bones, really. What looked from a distance like fur is actually a mat of fine tendrils that move independently, and some of them have what look for all the world like tiny eyes at their tips. Their tongues seem to be a couple of feet long, with another eyeball at the tongue tip. Also, once they die they begin to rot away almost immediately, deliquescing into mounds of stinking black slime that kills the vegetation around them.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Ug... they reek something awful and are definitely not worgs." She grumbles as she steps back from them and covers her mouth and nose.

"I feel like we should do something about them since their bodies are harming the foliage but I wouldn't have a clue what we could do."


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Burn them?


Weakly Godlike Entity

They're unnatural wolves, not witches.

You're able to get them burning, although standing downwind of the fire is an invitation to lose breakfast. Fortunately, the wind isn't blowing that hard, and it's not at your backs. Unfortunately, that means you're stuck rowing for most of the day.

By the end of the day you haven't reached Bellis, but there are a few largely ruined docks on that side of the river, along with burned-out ruins of lumber camps. One of them makes for a comfortable camping spot.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

We should camp and rest. We have seen a lot this day.

After the initial camp setup, Xavier once again, heads out a bit to find food.

Survival: Provide food.1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

The pickings were meagre, he only brings back 1 rabbit and some shoots.
Only enough for 2 I'm afraid. We'll have to use some of our trail rations.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Well who still has rations I suppose?" Eretria will use one of her own if needed and set her stuff up to rest for the night.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

I have some to share.
Between 1 days trail rations and what he bought, Xavier can feed 3 but he has more and will share more if needed.
We will need to restock soon. There may or may not be good game the rest of the trip. Without knowing the land I cannot say.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami waves away any food. Many thanks, my friend, but I have no need of food or water, ormuch sleep for that matter. I will be of no concern for supplies.. He wiggles a slender finger with a ring on it. I would certainly share, but my ring is bonded to me, and one need wear it for a week before any benefit can be seen from it

Scarab Sages

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Silly me... I thought there would at least be livable towns in this alternate version and yet so far all we have found was a hermit and a lone druid... maybe we should have packed more rations... I couldn't carry much myself though." She sighs softly, pulling one of her rations out to eat. "I should have anticipated this better."


Weakly Godlike Entity

Per a post from a couple of weeks ago, the maker left the equivalent of three days' rations for each of you in the boat.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

We have yet to eat our boat provisions. We should start on anything that will spoil soon andkeep any hardtack or nuts. I can keep fishing as we sail. We will be fine for at least another 5 days. Maybe more if the hunting is good.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Sounds like a very smart idea Xavier."


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami nods. Please divide an rations of mine between yourselves. I'll take first and last watches, if it suits everyone. My eyes are good in low light.

Assuming we haven't actually camped yet.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5
Eretria Whitethorne wrote:
"Sounds like a very smart idea Xavier."

Thank you Milady, outdoor survival is one thing I did pay attention to, growing up.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Are we still on the way back to the spiders?


Weakly Godlike Entity

No, the spiders took the seugathi's head as proof and sent you on your way a couple of days ago. It's not giving anything away to tell you that the maker used weather control spells to give you a tailwind for the first day or two.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Xavier, while you were out foraging you had an unfamiliar small plant try to take a nip out of you. It didn't do any damage; you noticed, though, that around its base were what looked like the bones of a rat or other rodent.

The evening passes without incident, though you hear occasional distant howls like the unnatural worgs you fought.

Conjunction -25 days.

The next morning, the weather is awful. Driving rain, winds out of the north, and it's cold. Something else is going to happen, too, but right now the DM has to go to a meeting.

Dice rolls:
Miscellaneous roll E: 1d100 ⇒ 82
Miscellaneous roll W: 1d100 ⇒ 13
Miscellaneous roll A: 1d100 ⇒ 92
Miscellaneous roll E' (H): 1d100 ⇒ 98
Miscellaneous roll E" (P): 1d100 ⇒ 56


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Sweet


Weakly Godlike Entity

You make very little progress that day, rowing into the teeth of a downpour. Everyone (including Eretria, who didn't have to row but had to bale) give me a DC 12 Fort save or be fatigued.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc is silent in the rain.

Fort Save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Fort:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Fort1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Fort1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Scarab Sages

Female Human Sorceress 6

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Weakly Godlike Entity

You folks are getting good at this outdoorsy stuff, I guess.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Sorceress 6

Nope this wasted our good rolls... next combat we'll be fumbling over each other. >.>


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42
Xavier Longsaddle wrote:
.

Did you intent to type something other than a "."?


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Was at work. Just letting everyone know I am alive


Weakly Godlike Entity

The DM is also still alive. The Keewenaw Peninsula isn't exactly the most connected place in the world, though.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

I thought I'd dotted too ... but I'm alive over here looking across the Solent.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Darc, are you on the Isle of Wight, or the mainland?

The rain has abated a bit when you put in, bone tired but not exhausted or fatigued. There's another ruined logging camp that you can use for shelter. Scrub vegetation surrounds it. As the party makes their way towards the shelter, Rashun and Sami notice something out of the ordinary...an unpleasantly active vine snakes out towards Xavier. (The downside of being in the lead, eh?)

I think this will be simple enough that I won't need a map. The vine is adjacent to Xavier, and everyone else is within ten or fifteen feet.

Surprise Round:

Initiative order:

Rashun
Foe
Sami

Round 1 (if it comes to that):

Initiative order:

Darc
Eretria/Xavier
Rashun/Besmarial
Foe
Sami

Dice rolls:
Darc Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Eretria Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Rashun Perception check : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Sami Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Xavier Survival check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Besmarial Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Darc Initiative check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Eretria Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Rashun Initiative check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Sami Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Xavier Initiative check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Besmarial Initiative check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18
Foe Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

From now on I will assume I have the bow equipped, but since I did not think of that until now I will say I have the scimitar equipped.

If I have a clear path I will charge the vine.

If I don't have a clear path then I will try to get into a position to flank the vine.

Free action:"Watch out for the vine."

Attack(charge):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Damage:1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Weakly Godlike Entity

Surprise Round (cont'd):

Rashun slices deeply into the vine, and it writhes away from the blow.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20
DM Carbide - Dark Road wrote:

Darc, are you on the Isle of Wight, or the mainland?

The Mainland, place called Lee-on-the-Solent

he half-orc grunts his acknowledgement of Rashun's decisive blow against the vine. Nodding he follows his fellows.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Xavier barely begins to retract his foot as Rashun's Scimitar slices through the vine.
He smiles.

Thank-you. Best cut I have seen from you I think.


Weakly Godlike Entity

I knew I forgot something.

Surprise round (cont'd):

Moving quickly despite the gash in it, the vine cracks out at Xavier before he can react, thudding solidly into the fighter and entwining him. Xavier, take 12 HP and you are grappled. Sami, you're up.

Dice rolls:
Attack on Xavier: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Followup grab attack: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32
Damage: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+2 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Xavier grunts as he hits the deck. Damn
He keeps hold of his Scimitar but can't bring it to bear, so he attacks with His spiked cestus, attempting to break the vine's grapple and establish a grapple of his own

Grapple check vs Vine CMD, if Xavier wins he breaks free and chooses to give the vine the grappled condition and MOVE to bring it to be flanked with Rashun1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 8 + 1 = 21


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

I will attack the vine again.

Attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Damage:1d8 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

If I was able to move into a flanking position the I should get two more to my attack roll.

Oh well, back to the bad rolls again. I am glad for the party, that I am not the primary combatant.

Scarab Sages

Female Human Sorceress 6

Waiting on Sami before I decide what I need to do on the round I can actually act

1,301 to 1,350 of 2,713 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.