Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road (Inactive)

Game Master John Woodford

As the myriad potential Golarions collide, a small group of heroes is charged with setting things right.


1,201 to 1,250 of 2,713 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

"I am fine." She replies stepping in closer to the creature she is going to yank the wand from its grip. "I don't think it will be using this anymore."

Should we just update our characters in the profile then? I can't remember how health is done.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Xavier smiles at the Irony of how the fight went.
We prepared to pepper it with arrows and that didn't work. Rashun, Sweet Eretria, Thankyou. I would not have survived were it not for your magics. You will find me a dedicated student as I try to understand your powers.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Smiling slightly at Xavier, "I imagine we need to hurry back and inform him we finished... unless he just lets us move on."


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Drac walks down back to the group, he is quiet, his eyes look down at the ground. He acknowledges the groups victory with a nod of his head, yet not giving eye contact to any of the others.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

"Darc what is wrong?" says Rashun sensing that everything is not ok.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

I think our Mighty Barbarian has missed the action. Not to worry Darc we have a alter...alt..another world to fix yet and surely there be foes to fall under your heel yet!

Xavier is relieved to the point of being almost jubilant. His adventurous swagger has returned.
I intend to use this lesson however. Truly this is our first fight where we have worked to ne greater than our own single efforts. We may make a real team of heros yet!

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

"I imagine he'd have rather faced it head on then make it a pin-cushion."


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

With his feet dragging, Darc looks up at Rashun, he blinks his eyes once, twice then smiles weakly at them. "We won, I smelt no blood in nostrils, no gore dripping from falchion. You did well friends." He shuffles on, "I glory Gorrum next." He nods once more and continues left to his own thoughts.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Purely out of curiosity, are you taking anything from the body besides the wand it was holding?


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami nods at Darc's frustration, which mirrored his own. I would think that they'd want proof of the being's demise...perhaps its head would do nicely. Sami sets about gathering up said trophy for the return trip.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The head is easy enough to pack up, although the ichor smells unpleasantly rotten.

Eretria, Rashun, & Sami:
You now recognize the smell of the thing--it's like the undertone of rot in the chambers under the shrines where you found the chain.

Dice rolls:
Darc Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Eretria Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Rashun Perception check : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Sami Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20
Xavier Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Let's not discard weapons when they are given, does anyone want this fine sword?
The blade is obvious but Xavier checks over the creature thoroughly.
If no one wants the blade he will carry it.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The sword is a masterwork shortsword sized for a Large creature. The seugathi also has a pouch near its tails, containing another wand, a ring, and 20 platinum pieces of unknown design and origin.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

I cast detect magic to see if the ring is magical.
If it is-->spellcraft:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Weakly Godlike Entity

The ring is magical, faint enchantment aura, and while that Spellcraft roll would not normally identify the item's properties Rashun has already identified it...or at least its other half.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Ooooo, I know what it is... bet it resembles the ring we found on certain somethings we fought before :D.

"May I see the other wand? I can try to determine its properties."

Detect Magic and Spellcraft on the wand:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Weakly Godlike Entity

The second wand is a wand of burning hands, level 5, with four charges remaining.

It was a collar, not a ring. But yes, that's it.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

A mighty foe, truly a greater beast than the spoils grant. May we stumble on a Wyrmling with a great horde. Now, let's see about saving our world. To the spider king!


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami can't help but grin at Xavier's exhuberance. He was genuinely happy to see his friend's swagger return. He is as true an ally as one can hope to have in such a peculiar endeavor as this one we're stumbling through.. Sami nods and follows, turning his head and nose aside as he hefts the beast's head. That smell...by Irori's grace, it's putrid. It's the very same smell that we encountered at those altars underground.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

"Done here?" asks Darc, watching the excited Xavier, yet he remains unmoved. He kicks the dead creature and turns his head and moves awaay. He looks out into the distance, for when the king has died, others struggle for his power. Darc shuts his eyes, "Home, more straight forward, i miss, we change its destiny."


Weakly Godlike Entity

The party hasn't gone far back towards the shore when a small swarm of spiders shows up in front of the group, in the shape of a question mark.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun points to whoever has the creature's head.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami holds it up for inspection in a comical, if macabre, gesture.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Ho there, spiders! Tell your Master the Seugathi is dead. Laid low by blade and bow and spell. We return so that we may bid farewells and be on our way past the barricade.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The spiders flock around the few drops of ichor that fall to the ground from the head, then form into an open circle a few feet across.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami looks to Xavier, shrugs, then sets the head down within the circle and steps back.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The swarm converges on the head, crawling over it. More spiders come up from the ground and join them; after about half a minute, most of them scatter. The remainder move back onto the ground and take the shape of an arrow pointing back to where the boat is beached.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami nods at the results, as if he had expected them...though he was doubting his sanity for expecting any of it. He turns to the others with a nod, then follows the direction of the arrow, to where their boat had lay empty for quite some time.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Uhhh....I do not now why they needed to crawl around the head, but they seem satisfied. Shall we head back to the boat then?


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

"I am ready to head back."


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc nods in agreement.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria nods slightly, "That's that I guess." Before walking back to the boat with the rest.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The boat is where you left it, but in it are several bundles of food (mostly fruits, vegetables, and flatbread) and a note from Simbala. It reads: "Well done! The maker is pleased. Good luck to you on your journey."

Setting out from the shore and bearing north, once again the great network opens before you. A wind comes up from the southeast--not too strong at first, but strong enough that you don't have to row once you're away from shore. As you round the curve of the shore and follow the Sellen north, the wind shifts so it's at your back, and remains there throughout the day. As a result, you're able to cover a lot of distance that day.

Dice rolls:
Miscellaneous roll E: 1d100 ⇒ 12
Miscellaneous roll W: 1d100 ⇒ 55
Miscellaneous roll A: 1d100 ⇒ 25


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Survival DC10: Provide food and water, every 2pts higher than ten feeds an additiinal person1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

Xavier having improvised a weed basket net and bait trap over the edge of the boat (having used a small amount of Seugathi flesh as bait), Is able to catch enough fish for 5people.
Oh, but it is a fine day. A victory, some spoils and as soon as we land a belly full of fish meat for all. Truly the sun shines.

His catch finished and wrapped for later he quizes Eretria about magic, So as a Sorcerer, you have no need for study at all to learn magic? However did you learn to read Arcane Symbols? Father said anybody couls use a wand or scroll with a bit of Training and some luck. Would you teach me? I'd very much like to have a wand of that spell which protects the mind.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Ah yes... having the talent and knowing how to use it are different things though. While I didn't spent long hours in books, I did spend time learning my own talents... I can try to teach you how to use wands, having a specific wand like that is another deal entirely though." She offers Xavier a bit of a grin. "Of course it is more training then it is luck, you can't very well just pick up a wand you have no idea the purpose of and expect to know what to do to make it work."


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun listening to the conversation teases Xavier. "She can teach you how to use a wand, and then I can teach you how to use a scimitar properly."


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Whilst the others discuss Xavier and magic, Darc keeps a careful watch on the surrounding area. In his mind he a weakness in his friends, You may have defeated the enemy's general, but his soldiers don't know that and are still a danger. Darc thankful for Gorrum's teachings silently keeps sentry.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting
Rashun Tollinger wrote:
Rashun listening to the conversation teases Xavier. "She can teach you how to use a wand, and then I can teach you how to use a scimitar properly."

Xavier laughs at the jest, You fight with a Scimitar? Sorry, I missed that while I was severing the beasts' head. Seriously though I would enjoy a spar, Sammy is more than capable but It's not often I encounter foes fighting with hands and feet. It would be good to cross blades a bit

He returns to his lesson with his beautiful instructor.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami inclines his head to acknowledge Xavier's point, then turns his gaze back to watching their progress for any obstructions or potential problems. He feels a new...something...inside him. A revelation perhaps, or new insight into an old stance. Either way, he had a new weapon at his disposal. As his mind worked through the proper footwork, he grinned to himself.

Perception1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Weakly Godlike Entity

Neither Sami nor Darc note anything untoward around them, either in the water or on shore.

As you leave the area of the confluence and the immediate ministrations and efforts of the druids and the maker, the trees become sparser, occasionally interspersed with still-standing blackened trunks (though most of these were blown down by the impact shockwave). Xavier, a few of the fish you find bear strange circular scars, as though they had been attacked by lampreys at some point.

When it comes time to stop for the night, the most convenient place to pull in and beach your boat doesn't have a lot to recommend it otherwise; there are numerous old roots in the ground, so even with bedrolls the night is an uncomfortable one. (It's not bad enough to give a chance of being fatigued the next day, but it was a near thing.) During the night Darc sees an occasional distant flicker, as of an akata passing through the vicinity, but nothing comes near the campsite.

The next day, the wind has died down a bit, but it's still blowing in the right direction. The remains of the forest are eerily quiet, and for miles the only noise is the wind in the sail, the creak of the ropes, and your conversation. You figure that if the weather holds you're a day or two out from the Andoran lumber town of Bellis.

Dice rolls:
Miscellaneous roll E: 1d100 ⇒ 19
Miscellaneous roll W: 1d100 ⇒ 46
Miscellaneous roll A: 1d100 ⇒ 76


Weakly Godlike Entity

The party is able to find a rather better campsite than the evening previous, and nothing disturbs the night's peace.

The same cannot be said of the morning, but that will have to wait a bit. I'll be afk most of tomorrow, and will try to get this rolling Saturday night or Sunday.

Dice rolls:
Miscellaneous roll E: 1d100 ⇒ 60
Miscellaneous roll W: 1d100 ⇒ 21
Miscellaneous roll A: 1d100 ⇒ 82
Miscellaneous roll E'(H): 1d100 ⇒ 91
Miscellaneous roll E" (P): 1d100 ⇒ 70
Timing: 1d100 ⇒ 14

Darc Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Eretria Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Rashun Perception check : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27
Sami Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Xavier Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Besmarial Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Ok


Weakly Godlike Entity

The party has struck camp and is in process of loading the boat when Rashun, Sami, and Darc hear movement in the scrub nearby, as of one or more reasonably large creatures making their way through the resurgent undergrowth. It's hard to tell quite how far away it is, but it may be coming closer.

Dice rolls:
Adversary Perception check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Initial distance: 1d100 ⇒ 79


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami immediately warns the others of the approaching movement, then heads to the front of the camp, in the expected path of whatever approaches. He sets his feet in his dragon stance, hands seemingly at ease by his sides, palms open and elbows slightly bent.


Male Human (Focused Study alt trait) Wild Stalker 1, AC18/T12/FF 16, HP 12/12, F4/R4/W2+2 vs mind effecting

Xavier draws his scimitar and moves to stand 10 ft apartfrom his friend.
How close? If we must stay and fight cast any spells you wish now, but I'd rather fight on our terms. Be ready to withdraw if neccesary. Eretria, you should get in the chain.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

"I thought I was about to get some rest."

Rashun switches to his scimitar, and waits to cast divine favor until the last possible moment.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Rashun--you've had the night to rest already; this is the next morning.

One round passes, and the sounds are getting closer. Rashun, Sami, and Darc, you're pretty sure that at the rate they're approaching you should be able to see something in another round, and it/they should be here a round after that. Besmarial is rising into the air to see if anything is visible.

Dice rolls:
Darc Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Eretria Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Rashun Perception check : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
Sami Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22
Xavier Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Besmarial Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria is going to set up the chain somewhere convenient just in case.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

If I have time I will cast PoE on Xavier, and myself


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc casts PoE, then Divine Favor on himself the rounds before the creature(s) appear.

1,201 to 1,250 of 2,713 << first < prev | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.