Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road (Inactive)

Game Master John Woodford

As the myriad potential Golarions collide, a small group of heroes is charged with setting things right.


1,051 to 1,100 of 2,713 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Weakly Godlike Entity

30 feet.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Well thats why I said it was a temporary retreat because its not very far... just really a veil.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami gives a quick nod at Xavier's plan, then smiles at Simbala. Any help you could give is of course appreciated.


"Plan must work" says Darc as he greases his crossbow, ready for action, making the sure it works smoothly.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Simbala finds a convenient fallen log and creakily sits down on it, then spends a few minutes silently communing with nature. After she finishes, she gets to her feet and hobbles back to the party. It takes her a couple of rounds to cast each lesser restoration spell; Darc, Eretria, and Sami each get one. The pressure in your minds abates somewhat, although it's still present. You now get one save if/when you enter the aura. Fail it and end the round in the aura and you're back to permanent insanity; make it and the aura won't affect you that round.

The rest of the day is uneventful. You scout out the blocked ravine you were told of. Simbala stays with you for a time, healing everyone up to full (again, it takes her a while to cast even cure spells), before making her way slowly back to the island. "I've used more magic today than I have in the past year, and I don't want to press my luck; walking would be less stressful than trying to go back the way I came. Good luck! The maker will tell you when the seugathi returns. Best you get some rest in case it comes back at night!"


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

You have given us so much aid. My children will know your name.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

I thought I didnt have the insanity yet?

"Thank you Simbala, your help is very much appreciated."

Eretria glances to the rest, "Rest is a good idea... but before we do just in case it does try to return then, I do have something I owe Xavier for his helpfulness during the fight."


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami raises his reptilian eye in a gesture of confusion at Eretria, but doesn't decide to ask her meaning. None of my business, of course. He takes Simbala's hand and bows low to touch it with his forehead. Indeed; you've done more than we ever could have asked. Should you need anything else from us, ever, let us know.

Sami nods at the sound of rest. Darc, I think that we determined that your eyes are best in the darkness, right? I'd take first watch then, if you please.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Eretria failed five consecutive saves, but left the aura before the end of the fifth round. She's more vulnerable to the aura at this point; she didn't have the persistent effects the other two did, though.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc bows his head to Simbala, Thanks and watches her go.

Turning to his friends, Darc points to the walls of the ravine, "Darc wait there." He starts to climb up the side of the ravine to find a place behind a large grey stone boulder where he can watch the ravine safely and use his crossbow easily. He readies that weapon, sits down and relaxes and waits.


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

At Eretria's proclimation Xavier.is, probably for the first time constricted with fear, With any other woman, this is when I 'd sleep with her
He stands before here and looks as though he is about to his her lips, but he is aware they are not alone, and.....Eretria meant more to him than she should.
He instead takes her hand, kisses it and briefly holds it in his hand and says quietly, I dare not kiss the lips of so beutiful a lady. I have only one heart to lose.
He looks into her eyes with every word, You owe me nothing. I swear I'll not kiss you again, unless you ask me.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Fortunately, the DM makes his FORT save :-).

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria laughs softly leaning in to give Xavier a peck on the cheek. "I wasn't going to kiss you on the lips anyway." She says with a teasing tone before giving him a wink. "We all need to rest now."


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc agrees with Eretria


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

"I agree. By Saraenae's light we might be able to see the way to victory after we rest."

I realise I had gotten away from my character speaking of his deity and slowly trying to convert the others at every chance. :)


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Very well. Rest. Hopefully tomorrow, battle on our terms followed by success.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The evening passes uneventfully. During the deep night watch, though, Darc may be startled a bit when something tickles the back of his neck. Spinning around, flail in hand, he gets a faceful of spiderweb, and sees on the ground a group of spiders in a tight configuration, spelling out the numerals "6" and "0." As you watch, they rearrange into "5" and "9."


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

As the sun crests the ravine, its morning light warms Darc's cheeks, waking him. His mighty fists rub the sleep out of his eyes as his brain slowly clicks into gear, "Hmmm...strange" he says to himself. Gathering his weapons and belongings, he slowly and stiffly makes his way down to where the rest of his friends were camping. With each step down the side of the ravine, his muscles warm and his movements become easier.

"Morning, Rashun, Eretria. How Dyour night?" before long he tells the tale of the spiders, sure he was awake as if the spiders were messengers from Gorrum himself. He felt once more the favored in battle.

You would all know the details from the previous post.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Darc, you may want to rethink your immediate action. After about a minute, the spiders rearrange to "5" and "8."


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Ahhh ... yes you could be right there ... Gotta stop for the night now... but as it counts down ... Darc would do his best to warn the others of probable impending fight ... that way you can carry on with the others in US time...


Weakly Godlike Entity

Just as well; if Darc hadn't done anything by 55, the spiders would have started waking people up on their own.

I don't think I have to describe how they would have done that.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Once Eretria wakes, she is immediately setting up the chain to stand in and passes a bag of caltrops to Xavier. If she has time after that she will cast mage armor on herself.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Question for the spellcasters: are you going to meditate/pray/otherwise restore your spells for the day?


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Xavier gathers his weapons and has the bow in hand.
The camp will draw it's attention. Eretria set the chain up 40ft to a flank, with broken ground between you and it. Everyone else fan out to surround the camp. Find a firelane for shooting and keep your distance. I'll be in the open here.

Xavier looks down at the spiders.
Can you point out which direction it's coming from?

When the spiders indicate, he says.
Eretria, anywhere but that way. Sammy take the caltrops, Stay in the trees well away, maybe 80 feet and hide. Once it and I are in melee, scatter them behind it outside the aura. It won't expect they way it came to be trapped. Then use your sling or the crossbow but stay away.

Xavier kneels in the middle of camp as they all assume thier positions and says a prayer as the spiders remain to count down. He accepts a protection from evil spell off Rashun as thecount is down to 1 minute Giving him 2 mins of protection before the Inquisitor dashes for the trees.
Holy Imodae, speed my sword and strengthen my will and if I am not equal to the task give me the strength to die well.

He then rises with the bow in hand and Arrow knocked. Eyes keen for an early view to get a couple of shots in before the beast can close.
Readied Action to shoot on sight

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Err Eretria is a sorceress? Also I guess the mage armor spell can wait until right before the creature shows up. Then I am preparing to cast a ray of enfeeble soon as its distracted with someone else. Eretria passes her crossbow and bolts to Sami for use.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42
DM Carbide - Dark Road wrote:
Question for the spellcasters: are you going to meditate/pray/otherwise restore your spells for the day?

I rested so my spells should be restored.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

I will be casting protection from evil right before it shows up. I will then cast bless in combat to help everyone have a better chance of hitting it.


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Popping one on me right? ;)


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

It only last for 3 minutes, but I guess if we can pin the creature's location down I can hook you up so that it is not wasted before you get to fight it. :)


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

The bugs are counting down the minutes. Cast all your spells in the last minute


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc went straight into rage in the previous fight so his spells are all there ready and waiting to go ... well he's an oracle you know...Will cast protection from Evil on himself, enlarge person, followed by Divine Favor, before firing with his crossbow, out of the auras range....at least that's the plan.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

I plan to:

cast PoE on Xavier
Then it will be PoE on myself: +2 deflection bonus to AC against evil creatures, +2 against saves from evil creatures.

Bless +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and saves against fear.

Divine Favor +1 luck bonus to attack and damage


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami grabs the caltrops, but looks at the crossbow with disdain and sets it aside. He makes his way out to a good distance of about eighty feet to the east of the campsite and slightly north (assuming that the beat is coming from the north), then hunkers down behind whatever cover he can find.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Still here. WRT the meditation/prayer concern I had, I checked the rules, and it takes bards & sorcerers 15 minutes of meditation to recover their spells/day, after 8 hours of rest. Although I can't find anything about oracles' and inquisitors' recovery, for the time being I will assume that they need 15 minutes of quiet prayer after 8 hours of rest. You still have plenty of time to prepare for the seugathi's return. If the maker is right, that is....

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Hrm... I glanced over when you mentioned it but I never saw that... I suppose she will before they show.


Weakly Godlike Entity

It's not in the class description, it's under Spells.

PRD wrote:
Daily Readying of Spells: Each day, sorcerers and bards must focus their minds on the task of casting their spells. A sorcerer or bard needs 8 hours of rest (just like a wizard), after which she spends 15 minutes concentrating. (A bard must sing, recite, or play an instrument of some kind while concentrating.) During this period, the sorcerer or bard readies her mind to cast her daily allotment of spells. Without such a period to refresh herself, the character does not regain the spell slots she used up the day before.


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Well you had the bugs counting minutes so plenty of time

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

I wasn't arguing it just saying I couldn't find it but I believe you :P


Weakly Godlike Entity

I almost couldn't find it either, so I wanted to pass it around; they really needed to at least put a pointer to that section in the class rules, because if you don't know exactly where to look in Chapter 9 you're kind of hosed.

The blocked ravine happens to be on a fairly convenient path down to the water, so you're reasonably confident that the creature will come this way. The spellcasters have undertaken their various and sundry means of restoring their mystical energies, and the party waits and watches the minutes tick away.

At the ten-minute mark, though, the small spider swarm suddenly dissociates and reforms as an arrow pointing east. What do you do?

Dice rolls:
Creature path: 1d100 ⇒ 99
How easy is it to divert? 1d100 ⇒ 78


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

[ooc]With 10minutes to go, the prebuffs are not cast yet.[/b]

Xavier motions for everybody to move back in, The spiders are saying it's moving away. The layout of our trap is a good one. Let's move the trap. I follow the spiders. Trusting them to put me on the path. You all except Rashun follow behind me on the trail 30 ft back. As soon as I see it, Rashun cast your protection spell and everybody start encircleing it. I start shooting it so it closes with me while you all get set up. No one fire until I am in Melee with it. Any objections?


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

No objections.

Rashun nods his head in agreement.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

"Uh" says Darc in an agreeable sort of way as he makes his way up the side of the ravine, seeking higher ground once more.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami nods at the instructions and follows behind Xavier at a distance, off to one side so as to keep to the high ground opposite from where Darc is setting up.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria will follow however directed then.


Weakly Godlike Entity

I should have the encounter map up in a few hours; work is again being kind of crazy, but part of that was a very cool talk this morning by one of the people who worked with Enrico Fermi on the first manmade nuclear reactor. He had a horror story about making beryllium dust with a chunk of beryllium and a metal file. In the open air. With no respirator. Or gloves. I was amazed that he was still alive, seventy years later.

Dice rolls:
Setting edge: 1d100 ⇒ 54


Weakly Godlike Entity

Map is HERE.

Xavier and Rashun, followed by the rest of the party, head down the trail in the direction indicated by the helpful spiders. As before, the spider arrow shortens and broadens as the group travels. The pair in the lead reach a sizable clearing; the last arrow you saw was nearly square. You expect, though, to have heard something before this; perhaps it isn't moving?

There is nothing visible in the clearing at first...then a flash of movement catches Rashun's eye. There is something very large near the top of a good-sized tree; you're not sure how something that big could be supported by the branches that high, but you're pretty sure that's where it is.

Round 1 Initiative order:
Seugathi
Rashun
Darc
Besmarial
Eretria
Sami
Xavier (sorry about that...rolled a 1)

The seugathi does something that creates a cloud of thin mist around Rashun and Xavier. It doesn't block vision. DC 16 Will saves, both of you.

Dice rolls:
Perception check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Stealth check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24
Darc Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Eretria Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rashun Perception check : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25
Sami Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Xavier Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Besmarial Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Darc Initiative check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Eretria Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Rashun Initiative check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Sami Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Xavier Initiative check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Besmarial Initiative check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (13) + 0 = 13
Seugathi Initiative check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

Add +2 if I got PoE up in time.

edit:I got a nat 20. :)

What spells if any was I able to get cast?


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

I don't access to the map. You should get an email from me as "Cooncerro".


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Can't see it either


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Seeing the creature again, Xavier tries, once again to remember anything his father may have mentioned about the Seugathi. And how the hell did it climb a tree. Had the thing made an error, thinking melee was their only means of attack?

Knowledge Dungeoneering1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Survival: Note condition of the tree or flammability (certain plants burn very well)1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Will save1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Xavier inhales sharply as his will is assaulted, and he retains his mind.
Thankyou, Sweet Inheritor.

He holds his position to accept Rashun's spell and Fires his bow, hoping.they'll see.the value in the creatures position.
NOW! You know what to do.

Longbow1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Damage1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

1,051 to 1,100 of 2,713 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.