Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road (Inactive)

Game Master John Woodford

As the myriad potential Golarions collide, a small group of heroes is charged with setting things right.


851 to 900 of 2,713 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>

Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc stands still, watching Simbala as much as the swarm. He resists the urge to stamp on the creatures, almost respecting 'The Maker'.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria takes a breath, trying to keep her explanation simple as she was unsure how smart the maker was. "We come from another world, almost exactly as this one... and like this one it is suffering damage it was not meant to have, however to fix our world we must fix others of what has gone wrong in them so now we travel... we travel north, up your river to the point which needs repaired. Time is of the the greatest importance here, we must get to Kyonin and those mats in your river slow our progress greatly, the rifts between our worlds cannot remain open or the damage will be irreversible."


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Xavier nods at Eretria's explanation.
Wish the old man hada just said it to me simple, like that.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The constant movement of the swarm halts at Eretria's words, before continuing a few seconds later, with a perceptibly greater haste and complexity. As quickly as they came, the spiders withdraw from the grove.

Simbala is left looking at the group and shaking her head. "From another world? Did you tell Luntz that story, too?"

Dice rolls:
Darc Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Eretria Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Rashun Perception check : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29
Sami Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Xavier Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Besmarial Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria frowns, "Luntz mentioned hearing a story about our world... I assumed the people Darc came through with told him, Luntz never asked for a further explanation."


Weakly Godlike Entity

Besmarial interjects, "That is correct. Darc's original companions told Luntz the story. Although Luntz treated them well, he clearly did not believe them...at least at first. If you like, I can repeat the conversation verbatim."

Simbala smiles. "That boy still has good sense. I don't believe you, either."

It is around this point that Eretria and Rashun hear a sound out in the forest; it seems to be the swarm returning. Sure enough, the mass of spiders again enters the grove. As they are lining up on the drums, though, more and more approach the grove but don't enter it. Conservatively, it looks like the swarm covers several hundred square feet, and it's still growing at the edges. Spiders carpet the ground and the trees near the grove.

From the drums comes the voice, now sharper and more controlled. "You should believe them, Simbala. They speak the truth." The old druid starts, staring at the swarm. The drum voice continues, "You may pass...but a service is required. Though this entity has great power, the tie between many small brains and one composite mind is a tenuous one still. There is a creature who passed through this area whose very thoughts disrupt that tie in the zone around it. Its imminent return from the north is sensed. You are asked to find it and slay it before it brings others of its kind, and destroys this one by its presence alone. Will you accept?"

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

"Yes." Eretria replies immediately, "It is a deal then? We remove the creature and you will allow us to pass further north?"


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

"Darc pledges." the half-orc says gruffly and brings his flail across his chest in a kind of salute, offering his hand in the struggle to come. "Glory"


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

At last, something that really needs doing. I'm a fighter not a talker. Let's get to it


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

"I have never agreed with Xavier more than I do right now."


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami nods solemly. Of course we will; it's kmperative that we be allowed to continue. Do you know where this creature can currently be found?


Weakly Godlike Entity

"The creature is north of the Verduran Fork and coming south towards this island. It is hypothesized that the creature has realized its effect and wishes to disrupt the river blockade. A way shall be made for you. Return to your boat and proceed east up the Fork; your landing point on the north bank shall be made plain to you. Gratitude is given to you. When you have completed the task, return to the river and your way north will be opened. It is deduced that your mission must be completed before the beginning of the conjunction with Aucturn, four weeks from now. The weather shall be manipulated as best it can, to speed you on your way."

With that, the swarm disperses. Simbala still looks a bit shell-shocked, but comes to the point quickly. "This is important, so don't you wait on an old woman. Hurry back to your boat and get on your way. I still think you're not right in the head, but the maker believes you." She looks back at the drums. "Never seen so many come together at once. Big goings-on."


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Once again the fates have called and we shall answer. Come.
Xavier turns and leaves, glad to be away from the magical....thing.

Eretria, I know I said I'd pay more attention to magic....Just how powerful would someone have to be to create whatever that thing was?


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami nods and steps in behind Xavier, only after bidding fond farewell to Jory. He turns his thoughts toward the continuation of their quest, the departure from the island and journey to the east.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria glances over to Xavier as they walk away. "I don't believe a single person could have made that... while the specifics aren't magic I am familiar with... the whole thing has a taste of something done by ritual... which would mean multiple mages."


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

So a circle of Mages can combine thier efforts to cast bigger spells? It's a wonder mage schools are allowed. Get a whole bunch of Students under a single evil master for some massivespell and their destructive power would be too dangerous, wouldn't it.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc matter of factly just "We go." as he limps one, tenderly touching his flail.


Weakly Godlike Entity

You pack up and board the boat. The wind picks up out of the west as you row away from the quay, so you're able to raise the sail once you're away from the island. An amazing sight greets you as you sail east: the vast network of vines that would normally have blocked your path is slowly and ponderously moving to leave a gap. The floating mats draw closer to shore and stop their apparently-random movements, and even the vines that are anchored below the water's surface are changing position. As you round the curve of the island and make for the northern bank, you see that the network reaches to that bank as well; taking the boat overland would not have helped you avoid it. But the immense web that would surely have entangled your fragile vessel is instead opening before you, leaving a lane of open water all the way to the north bank.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun looks around for hidden enemies or anything else that might be useful.
Perception check:1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami concentrates on guiding their small boat through the opening, realizing now that they hadn't had a prayer of making it through without the Maker's assistance. He watcjes for the north bank, but relies on his companions to keep their eyes out for interlopers or natural dangers.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria glares slightly at Xavier, "And an army of warriors isn't equally capable of mass destruction? ...by your logic no armies should ever exist either... one bad fruit doesn't make the whole tree worthless Xavier."


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

I meant no offense my lady, I only meant that a sword is a sword. That is all it ever is. 2 or 5 swords are just that. Seeing that thing though to me like taking 5 swords and getting a Seige Engine. The whole is greater than the parts? I guess what I'm saying my lady is, fighters don't scare me. I can kill 5 warriors but wizards scare me. The way they can take something as harmless as alot of spiders and turn it into a thing of such power.
What is more dangerous to you? A man with a sword or a wizard who can fly, turn invisible, blast you from afar or just turn you into a frog?

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria grins slightly, "You ask a sorceress if she is more afraid of a sword then of an old geezer who spends his time in books? Xavier... spells I know... spells I can counter... but weapons... I can't always see the dagger aimed at my back...."


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun pipes up:
"Each is a tool to be used, and each has its weaknesses to go with its strengths. Each one is also a little less scary as long as you know about it. It is the unknown that is truly dangerous."


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Xavier smiles at the two. Then we shall watch each others backs and cover our weaknesses. And Eretria if anyone ever aims a dagger at you, I swear they will find the hand that wields it separated from thier arm before the strike.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami keeps to his own during the conversation, though he grins at Xavier's last comment. A hound on the hunt never rests.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc is quiet, ignoring the fruitless conversation between the man and woman. In his mind are not words like frightened, but thinking on the challenge ahead. Such power to manipulate those vermin cringes at the enemy from the north. Will need all our abilities and the blessings of the gods, if we are to live through. Though the death would be a glorious death, 'tis better to fight another battle. He rubs his leg, as it stiffens in the damp atmosphere of the river, looking at the heavy weapon that has split tens of men and dwarven heads asunder, but that was in a different life. He sighs, watching out over the land and water.


Weakly Godlike Entity

As promised, the landing site is obvious. You pull the boat into a small inlet and beach her. There is a narrow path following a small stream that meets the river at the inlet. Although the trees around here are draped with vines and spiderwebs, there are only a few spiders visible at the moment. Those spiders, incidentally, are on the ground, arranged in the shape of a long skinny arrow pointing towards the path.


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Upon seeing the spider-arrow,.Xavier remarks, Hey, that's nice. Looks like the giant spider..king wants to make sure we head in the right direction

Seeing the sun shine off thier.Cassian guide, You know, sir Helm, you'd look fantastic on a true warriors head. Should you tire of flying, I volunteer to carry you.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc readies himself as much as he can, ready for war, for surely that is what he expects.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami glances down at the spiders, still thoroughly amazed at the power of the controlling "hive-mind" of the maker. His awe is tempered a bit by realism, as he understood the problems that centralized focus could present. Those problems were what had driven him to explore other styles of fighting, eventually creating his own, highly adaptive and individual form. With a nod to the others, he follows the path, his hands free but empty, and his eyes searching for whatever creature they were tasked to defeat.

Perception1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria seems unsurprised by the effort that was made to open their way to the creature they were asked to removed, of course if he wanted it gone enough he would make every effort to ensure it was found.


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Drawing his sword, Xavier leads off. Well, we've a monster to kill sha we?


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

On! replies the half-orc, indicating the forward path for Xavier to follow with his flail.


Weakly Godlike Entity

You march grimly through what would otherwise be a very pleasant forest (for all that even some distance from the water you still see the occasional shred of webbing in the trees). The spider arrow disperses after you move on, but at every point where the trail branches, or you have multiple possible paths, the arrow returns, growing shorter and thicker.

The arrow is very nearly a square with one pointy side when Rashun hears something ahead of the party. It sounds like many rapidly moving feet, with distinct tones as though something large is pushing through the brush. Rashun, you figure it's probably between 100 and 150' away. Almost immediately after you detect it Besmarial and Sami notice it as well. Rashun, almost as soon as you notice it the source of the noise seems to change direction and begin to move towards you.

Actions?

Dice rolls:
Darc Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Eretria Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Rashun Perception check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31
Sami Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
Xavier Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Besmarial Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Adversary Perception check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 31

Darc Initiative check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Eretria Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Rashun Initiative check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Sami Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Xavier Initiative check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Besmarial Initiative check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Adversary Initiative check: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

Terrain favorability for party: 1d100 ⇒ 38

Initiative order:
Big ugly
Sami
Eretria
Xavier
Darc
Rashun
Besmarial


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

are there any knowledge checks we can make?


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc sensing the fear and danger spreading from the approaching creature, takes a a wizened thorny stick from out of his backpack, he calls out an in orchish and a light flashes out from the stick. The light penetrates the parties being filling each with warmth and confidence against whatever might be coming their way. He carefully replaces his wand and gets his flail and shield ready.

Uses a charge of Bless from his wand. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. Duration 1 minute.


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

I'll stand here in the open. You guys should quickly hide and charge in from the flanks. Go now and I'll make lots of noise once your in cover. Eretria, hide and blast it.

Xavier feels the rush of impending battle coming.
Eretria will like that. That was real noble like.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami winces at the plan, loathe to leave someone out as bait. Ultimately, though, he realizes the worth of an attack at one's flank, and he sprints away into the surroundings to Xavier's left, trying to find some way to conceal himself until the beast moves in.

Stealth1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

BTW during this prebuff time, Marcus will ready a charge. Triggered if tje creature charges him or once it's clear of the trees enough for Darc and Sammy to flank.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

If we are getting a free round/action-->Protection from evil.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria will cast mage armor on Xavier before attempting to hide with the others.
Stealth: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
had no net for a couple days among other things... to say the least I am very unlucky


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

If the PoE is allow my AC is 19.

I forgot to roll the stealth check before.
Stealth check:1d20 - 2 ⇒ (9) - 2 = 7

It seems I stepped on some branches.


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

Might wanna retcon that spell eretria or cast it on yourself. Mage armor does not stack.with Xaviers Breastplate, protection from evil does.work though. AC vs Evil 23.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

It gives a +4 where your armor is only a +1 I knew exactly what I was doing when I posted my action.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42
Eretria Whitethorne wrote:
It gives a +4 where your armor is only a +1 I knew exactly what I was doing when I posted my action.

That is not how it works. It does not provide an enhancement bonus to armor he is wearing. That is what the magic vestment spell does.

With mage armor you get an armor bonus, not a bonus to armor. Since the armor bonus from mage armor is a +4, and the breastplate has a higher armor bonus only the higher bonus applies.

edit:

magic vestment wrote:

You imbue a suit of armor or a shield with an enhancement bonus of +1 per four caster levels (maximum +5 at 20th level).

An outfit of regular clothing counts as armor that grants no AC bonus for the purpose of this spell.

mage armor wrote:
An invisible but tangible field of force surrounds the subject of a mage armor spell, providing a +4 armor bonus to AC.
Quote:
Magic armor bonuses are enhancement bonuses, never rise above +5, and stack with regular armor bonuses...


Weakly Godlike Entity

Xavier's right, Eretria--mage armor provides an armor bonus that doesn't stack with physical armor. You can do something else with your action during the round before your adversary appears.

I have Xavier standing up as the obvious target while Sami, Rashun, and Eretria move to the sides. Darc, are you going to try to set up a flank or stand with Xavier?

Rashun and Sami, the creature is moving much more quietly now, and you have to strain to hear it. No one else can hear any movement for the moment.

As soon as I know what Darc and Eretria are going to do, we can get this party started.

Dice rolls:
Stealth check: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Meh, sorry tired and out of it... guess thats a self cast then.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc, not wanting to leave his friend to face the creature alone, skulking in the bushes was never something that Darc contemplated as a strategy, rather to meet the enemy head on. He stands next to Xavier, "Fight together." is hissed through his lips as he awaits he onslaught, his flail held tightly as is arm swings slowly raised from side to side, ready to smash into flesh and bone. His shield to protect him.

Darc will leave a 5ft gap between himself and Xavier, though he is unaware of Xaviers desire to charge.


Male Human Warpriest 7, AC21/T10/FF21+1 if using Shield, HP64/64, F9/R4/W10, CMB+9/CMD+19

But it's smarter to fla..Oh Sod it. Nevermind.OVER HERE YOU SON OF A TROLL LOVER! TIME TO MEET YOUR MAKER! RAGGHHHH!

Xavier waves his arms about but keeps his feet ready to counter charge.

851 to 900 of 2,713 << first < prev | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.