Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road (Inactive)

Game Master John Woodford

As the myriad potential Golarions collide, a small group of heroes is charged with setting things right.


551 to 600 of 2,713 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Weakly Godlike Entity

The old druid leads the party to the wreckage of the old shipyards. Although much of it is in ruins, there are a few places where work can be done, and some timber that's still in reasonable shape. He puts anyone willing to work moving wood. In response to Xavier's request, he says, "Aye, I know that spell. Likely best to wait 'til the boat's made, since it takes up a space I'd use for wood shape."


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Xavier takes up a load of wood, as directed by Luntz,
"Many Thanks. I'm just happy you'll do it. I'll wait.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami nods at Luntz and sets to work, the manual labor a welcome reprieve from the concerns of void death and alternate planes of existence. He loses himself in the work, his muscles tapping into an inherant effeciency that automatically adapted to the work to get the most done in the lease amount of time.

Sami will continue working until Luntz calls for a stoppage. He's more than happy with the toil.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

So... Eretria is not going to be helping on this or if she does it will be very light loads and likely not much in the way of help. She'll watch the men work though... oh and she'll offer to get water for anyone who asks I suppose as well, important to stay hydrated.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc uses is strength to good effect helping with the work. "Lady Eretria, you watch, still danger." Every now and then, he stops work and prays, filling several jars full of fresh, cold pure water.

For particularly heavy work, he prays and enlarges himself or Sami to increase the weight they can carry.

Create water spell.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Xavier works hard, always a smile and ready joke for Sami or Eretria. With Darc however, he remains quiet.

Spot perception DC10:
You notice Xavier doesn't say anything but whenever he.and Darc are near the same pile, Xavier grabs a bigger load. Competing, perhaps?

He seems happy for the work and happier still, thinking of his future Masterwork hammer.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun meditates for 30 minutes. When that is done he joins the others with the work doing what he can to help.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Glad to see you are feeling better, Rashun. Is your affliction past?


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

"Not yet, but I feel a lot better than I did before. I am feel good enough to kill some akatas if needed."


Weakly Godlike Entity

The old druid has set up near the water's edge, where there's enough open space to work. He did a quick check through the piles of wreckage to mark some promising timbers, then sent the party in to haul them out. You've been working for an hour or so. Eretria is staying out on the edge of things and Besmarial is flying above the party, keeping a watch for any hostiles. Darc and Xavier have just heaved a rotten beam that was covering a sounder piece of wood out of the way; as it lands with a loud crack on another pile of rotten wood, an angry buzzing fills the air as a swarm of beetles erupts from the second pile. As if that weren't enough, Besmarial shouts from above, "Enemy creatures approaching from the west!"

Map is HERE. The brown areas are rough terrain.

Round 1:

Initiative order:
Eretria
Rashun
Swarm
Sami
Xavier
Beetles
Darc/Besmarial

Dice rolls:
Darc Perception check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Eretria Perception check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Rashun Perception check : 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
Sami Perception check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
Xavier Perception check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Besmarial Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Darc Initiative check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Eretria Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Rashun Initiative check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Sami Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Xavier Initiative check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Besmarial Initiative check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Beetles Initiative check: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Swarm Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria had no problems dealing with beetles, she strides several steps forward (before everyone else can do anything :D) uttering an incantation to fire a scorching ray into the beetle swarm.

Scorching ray, ranged touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Damage (if it hits which it probably didn't):
4d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 1) = 14


Weakly Godlike Entity

Eretria, scorching ray is a single-target spell, and will do no damage to the swarm. You need AoE attacks to damage it.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Erf? I dont have any aoe and I specialize in rays, I guess whatever beetle is closer then, not that it matters I am fairly sure a 10 doesn't hit.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun looks at the enemies, and decides to join Xavier and Darc on the front lines.

Move action:Go to U11
Standard Action:Cast Divine Favor


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

A sorcerer with 0 blasts? Crap!


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

I think Xavier is no longer infatuated. You better pick up fireball or you will have to get another BF Eretia. :)
I don't have any blasting spells either. I don't even know if the inquisitor has blasting spells on its spell list.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

It does but not till high levels. Slight problem though since blasts are really the only effective solution vs swarms. Xavier still thinks Eretria is hot.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Oh c**p... Darc didn't bother with blasts either, kinda thought the arcane might have one or two...these could be deadly swarms then...Mind, not even sure if Darc has access to much in the way of blast spells. Will post when everything else has gone...damn init...


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (cont'd):

Eretria's heat ray strikes* the closer of the two beetles, leaving a scorched trail across its carapace. The beetle rears up on its hind four legs in apparent pain, great mandibles clashing.

*Touch AC 9...they're big and not very agile.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (cont'd)

The beetle swarm moves up and overruns Darc, inflicting thousands of tiny nibbles. Darc, take 6 HP damage and make a DC 14 Fort save to avoid being nauseated for the next round.

Dice rolls:
Swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Updated map HERE. Eretria, let me know if I moved you too far forward.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Xavier charges to L9 and presents a target to the large beetle.
This one's MINE!


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Forgot to mention Xavier draws his Scimitar on the way. :)


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami watches Darc get overrun and grits his teeth in frustration. Realizing that his hands weren't going to be much help in this, he scans about for a dry plank to use as a torch. If he finds one, he'll tear a strip from his clothing, wrap it about the plank, and attempt to light it.

Perception1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

That map spot's fine, also you guys have little faith, we are surrounded by conveniently cumbustible wood eh?


Weakly Godlike Entity

Xavier, are you anticipating getting an attack on #1 if it closes on you, with charge bonuses/penalties?

Sami, you're able to find something appropriate to use as a torch.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Nah, I know I won't get the charge bonus/penalties cause my turn.is finished. Stopped where I did because
1. Xavier's charge in Med armor is 8 squares so I had no movt left.
2. The beetle is large so might have reach and I didn't want the AOO.
3. Now if it closes or not, a five foot step lets me TWF full attack it, instead of 1 attack. Xavier is not a smart man but he's not a complete moron. He works hard on his style and will take a full attack over a single one anyday.


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami rushes towards Darc with his now lit torch, brandishing it at the swarm in the hopes that it would burn the bugs away.

Not sure what of all of this I can get done in this round. Here's an attack roll if one is needed; not sure of the penalty - would this be a weapon he's not proficient with?
1d20 ⇒ 18


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (cont'd):

Sami, treat it like a club, so I think you're nominally proficient with it. In any case, you'll burn away a few of the beetles at your action on Round 2 (unless something else happens to distract you).

The beetles advance. B1 moves 5' and attacks Xavier, its massive mandibles closing on the fighter and inflicting a paired set of deep wounds on either side of his torso. Take 15 HP, Xavier. At the same time, B2 launches itself into the air and flies slowly towards the rest of the party.

Simultaneously with Darc's action, Besmarial flies over the swarm at an altitude of about ten feet. A line of arctic cold emanates from the depths of the helmet onto the mass of beetles, leaving a significant number frost-blasted and dying; the bulk of the swarm is still active, however.

Dice rolls:
B1 attack on Xavier: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
B1 damage on Xavier: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (2, 7) + 6 = 15
Swarm Reflex save vs. DC 12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Cold damage against swarm: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Rounds until Besmarial can attack again: 1d4 ⇒ 1

ETA: UPDATED MAP.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Xavier feels the wounds despite his armor, Arrgh! You son of a... Despite the wounds he smiles, this foe WOULD fall.
He ducks below another attack and responds with his own, feet set and blade and cestus now parrying as well as attacking.
Defensive Flurry +1AC

He uses his scimitar and fist to drive aside the legs and mandibles and brings his scimitar across in a right slash:
TWF Primary, Power Attack1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 - 1 = 9
Damage, PA, Wpn Spl1d6 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 8

following with an uppercut letting the spikes on his cestus tear at the creatures exoskeleton:
TWF Secondary, Power Attack1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 24Critical Threat
Damage, PA1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

Crit Confirm?1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 6 - 1 = 14
Damage, PA1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

The scimitar strike is only glancing and barely scratches the beetle but the weight of his fist is heavy and drives home hard.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Eretria advances to Q9(In a way that doesn't provoke an attack)

And casts magic missile on the beetle Xavier is fighting(b1).
Both missiles on the same target.

2d4 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc, covered with the biting swarm, immediately enters a rage, seeing a huge beetle close by and charges at it.

Round 1:

Status: melee with B2
HP: 20/38 (26/46 Raged) AC: 17/11/20 Conditions: swarmed, rage 3/15
Attack B2 Flail 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 + 2 = 18 rage, charge
Damage B2 Flail 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 2 = 10

Fort save 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16 includes con bonus from rage


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (final):

Xavier, the beetle's still in it even after your solid cestus blow.

Frothing at the mouth and ignoring the crawling creatures covering him, Darc shakes off great numbers of smaller beetles and closes with their larger flying cousin, smashing it with his flail and cracking the carapace. The beetle alights and prepares to attempt to return the favor.

Round 2:

Eretria's arcane bolts inflict more damage on the beetle facing Xavier, but it's still moving.

UPDATED MAP.

Initiative order:
Eretria-acted
Rashun
Swarm
Sami
Xavier
Beetles
Darc/Besmarial


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Xavier catches a flash of a bolt over his shoulder as Eretria's missiles hit the Giant beetle, one.in the mandible, one under the head. The beetle pitches back from the magical assault and Xavier uses the moment to try to capitalise.

TWF Primary, Power Attack1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 - 1 = 25Critical Threat
Damage, PA, Wpn Spl1d6 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 8

Confirm Crit?1d20 + 7 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 7 - 1 = 18
Damage, PA, Wpn Spl1d6 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 8

TWF Secondary, Power Attack1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 1 = 19
Damage, PA1d4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 + 1 = 6

He attack spent, Scimitar and Cestus are a blur as he continues to parry and swing
Defensive Flurry+1 active


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 2 (cont'd):

The beetle facing Xavier extends itself just a little too much and the fighter's gleaming scimitar slashes across a gap in its armor, nearly severing its head. It's already collapsing from that wound when Xavier's cestus blow smashes it to the ground where it lies, twitching.

Initiative order:
Eretria-acted
Rashun
Swarm
Sami
Xavier-acted
Beetle
Darc/Besmarial


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Xavier sees his blade cleave through bug flesh and feels the rush of victory, following up his slash with a downward fisted hammer blow as the head descends he lets loose a primal scream the heat in his blood taking him somewhere else entirely, "Raggghhh!


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun uses the run action to get to N12.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Darc growling at the beetle, tries once more to bring his flail to bear and destroy the vermin.

Round 2:

Status: melee with B2
HP: 38/38 AC: 19/11/20 Conditions: rage 4/15
Attack Flail 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 2 = 27
Damage Flail 1d8 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 2 = 12


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Did the torch seem to do significant damage to the swarm?


Weakly Godlike Entity

Sami, last round you spent your action assembling and lighting the torch; you haven't had a chance to apply it to the swarm yet. (When you do, you'll kill just enough beetles to make a noticeable difference, which is to say you'll do a point per attack.)


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Crap, right. Sorry, was getting ahead of myself.

Sami brandishes his torch at the swarm, hoping to burn away as many of the bugs that he can. He glances at the larger beetles in frustration, obviously perturbed at having to waste time with these tiny bugs when larger enemies are at hand. Besmarial, if you have any more of that, it'd be helpful!


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 2 (final)

With a multitude of opponents within easy reach, the swarm (for reasons known only to itself) chooses to go after the one with the torch. Sami, take 3 HP and make a DC 14 Fort save to avoid being nauseated for the next round. It's something of a Pyrrhic victory for the swarm, though, as a number of its members immolate themselves on the torch as they overrun the nagaji, and Sami's followup swing catches a few more.

The beetle facing Darc and Rashun attempts to slice the half-orc in half, but its mandibles glance off Darc's armor and do him no damage. Darc's return blow does not miss; it's not enough to put the great insect down, though.

Besmarial swoops low over the swarm and again projects a line of intense cold onto the mass of crawling coleopterans. This one doesn't appear to do as much damage.

Dice rolls:
Swarm targeting-1:Rashun/Darc, 2:Eretria, 3:Sami, 4:Besmarial 1d4 ⇒ 3
Swarm damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Beetle attack on Darc: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Cold damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Swarm Reflex save vs. DC 12: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Rounds until Besmarial can do that again: 1d4 ⇒ 3

UPDATED MAP.


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

Round 3

Xavier taking a moment to breathe and look around sees Darc and Rashun having some trouble with thier beetle. THIS is why I'm here!

He charges to L 11, bringing himself into flank with Rashun.
He jumps into a great 2 handed swing and tries to sever the upper and lower torso.

2 handed Power Attack, charging 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20
2 handed PA, Weapon Spl damage1d6 + 4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 + 2 = 13


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami tries to fight off the ill effects of the beetles as he takes a small step backward. He swats at the swarm again with his torch.

Fort save1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
5 foot step back and attack1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Weakly Godlike Entity

FYI, Xavier, you're not flanking from L-11--the line between you and Rashun has to pass through opposite sides of the spider. "When in doubt about whether two characters flank an opponent in the middle, trace an imaginary line between the two attackers' centers. If the line passes through opposite borders of the opponent's space (including corners of those borders), then the opponent is flanked."


Male Human Warpriest 8, AC21/T10/FF21+5 if using Shield, HP74/74, F10/R4/W12, CMB+10/CMD+20, Perception +5

No worries. Forgot to delete the flank bit. The +2 was from charging.

Osirion

Female Human Sorceress 6

Round 3

Eretria will fire a scorching ray at the remaining large beetle.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Damage: 4d6 ⇒ (1, 4, 5, 4) = 14


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 3:

Initiative order:
Eretria-acted
Rashun
Swarm
Sami
Xavier
Beetle
Darc/Besmarial

Eretria's scorching ray burns across the beetle's armor, but doesn't bring it down. I'll give Rashun and Sami chances to act before resolving Xavier's attack.


Barbarian 2/Oracle of Battle 3 HP: 44/47 AC:21/11/20

Will wait to see what damage Xavier does.


Male Human Ranger 1/Inquisitor 4 HP: 38/42

Rashun attacks beetle 2

buffed by divine favor

attack:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

damage:1d6 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Nagaji Monk / Master of Many Styles 5; HP 35/35; AC 17/16/15; saves 5/7/7; perc +12

Sami continues to combat the swarm.

Attack
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

551 to 600 of 2,713 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Through a Cracked Mirror: The Dark Road All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.