Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Carbide's Kingmaker IC

Game Master John Woodford

Kingmaker AP Part 1: Stolen Land (completed)
Kingmaker AP Part 2: Rivers Run Red

COMBAT MAP


2,001 to 2,050 of 2,982 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam wonders at the creature's strange language of growls and mews it seems to be discussing with Sabrina.

"What a... melodic language. I might incorporate that in a composition some day."


Male Human Ranger 3

Not sure how much healing magic Sabrina has left. If needed, Havrin will offer one of his CLW potions for the striped wolf-like creature.


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Sabrina will cure the thylacine's wounds with a combination of channelled positive energy 1d6 ⇒ 1 and her calming touch ability, 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 subduel plus removes fatigued, shaken, and sickened.


Weakly Godlike Entity

The thylacine is happy to be healed, and will trot off afterwards without hostility towards the party.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

"An interesting creature... did we manage to kill any of the bandits? We might as well see if they were carrying anything of value."

Perception (20)
20 + 7 = 27


Male Human Ranger 3

Havrin moves to help Adam search the bodies of the two bandits slain by Stepper.

Taking 20 for a total Perception check of 30.

Havrin's HP: 8/20


Weakly Godlike Entity

They're carrying coinage worth 20 gp between them.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam helps himself to the coin, pausing to divide it into equal piles for him and his companions.

"Won't go far, but it's something."


Weakly Godlike Entity

You hole up for the rest of the day to weather the storm. Nothing much comes by to disturb you; the rain eventually lets up at nightfall, and the night is likewise quiet.

Next morning: 15 Desnus

The weather is improved in terms of precipitation and dampness, although drying is unfortunately facilitated by a chill wind from the north. The party is packing up. Katya is using prestidigitation to dry the tack before saddling the horses, Havrin is looking over Stepper while Adam looks over his shoulder, and Sabrina & Bea are having a quiet discussion about theology as they finish striking the camp.

Havrin and Adam, Stepper suddenly starts, ears back and nostrils flaring. At the same time, both of you hear something rather large moving through the forest nearby. As of the end of the foe's action on the surprise round, the situation is as shown on the MAP. Adam, Havrin, and Katya can act on the surprise round; thereafter, Round 1 will start.

From what the closer party members can see of the thing, it is about eight feet tall and upwards of three feet wide at the shoulder, bipedal, covered in feathers, head like an owl's, and great claws. It gives a roar with odd avian undertones.

Initiative Order (for next round):
Foe
Katya
Adam
Havrin
Sabrina
Bea

Dice rolls:
Miscellaneous roll E: 1d100 ⇒ 81
Miscellaneous roll W: 1d100 ⇒ 53
Miscellaneous roll A: 1d100 ⇒ 12
Miscellaneous roll E': 1d100 ⇒ 63
Miscellaneous roll E (timing): 1d100 ⇒ 21

Adam Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Bea Perception check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Havrin Perception check (+2 if humans involved): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Katya Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Sabrina Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Adam Initiative check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Bea Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Havrin Initiative check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Katya Initiative check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Sabrina Initiative check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Foe Initiative check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Human Ranger 3

DM Carbide:
Would it be safe to assume that Havrin used a couple of his CLW potions before camping for the night? If so:
CLW Potion 1: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW Potion 2: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

[ooc]That should see Havrin fully healed to 20 hp.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam raises an eyebrow at Havrin as he looks at him sideways.

"You think that thing will respond to diplomacy?"


Weakly Godlike Entity

Havrin:
That, or have Sabrina or Bea heal you. I did kind of rush past anything after the fight.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam will delay and act after Havrin.


Male Human Ranger 3

Surprise Round:

Adam Burlevogne wrote:

Adam raises an eyebrow at Havrin as he looks at him sideways.

"You think that thing will respond to diplomacy?"

"No," Havrin replies tersely as he picks up the halfling and places him on Stepper's back.

Surprise round action to put Adam on Stepper. I'm assuming that Stepper is in squares N/O-10/11, between Katya and Havrin/Adam.


Kingmaker Sheet

Hey guys. I'm extremely sorry for falling off the grid. I've been trying to find time to post an update and let you guys know I'm still around but for the past week and a half every day I come home I just crash on my couch and sleep. I've been helping family members hit by Hurricane Sandy get settled in and it's been hectic to say the least, but things have begun to settle down so I'm back if you all will still have me. :)

Katya stiffens up as she hears the loud shrill roar of the creature behind her. The hair on her neck stands on its ends as she whips herself around towards the sound of the creature. Katya's eyes widens as she realizes she doesn't have her staff on her and she turns towards where her pack is near last nights firepit. Ignoring her horse for the moment, Katya rushes for her pack and pulls her staff out of its leather strap.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam does the only thing he can... agree.

"Alrighty then."


Weakly Godlike Entity

No worries, Katya. I'm not exactly pushing this to be a high-speed game.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1:

Initiative Order:
Foe-moved
Katya
Adam
Havrin
Sabrina
Bea

The great beast lumbers forward, snarling, but cannot get around the underbrush quickly enough to charge Havrin. Situation as of Katya's action is as shown HERE.


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Sabrina will move up, casting Calm Animals (Will DC 15) once she is within range. Probably Round 2


Weakly Godlike Entity

Sabrina, give me a Knowledge (Nature) check before you try that.


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

BTW, I know it's a magical beast, but Sabrina doesn't.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Sabrina, you're not sure that this is a natural creature; if it is, it's nothing you've ever heard of before.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1:

Assume that Katya holds action. Adam, you're up.


Male Human Ranger 3

Round One:

DC 20 Ride check to Fast Mount as a free action: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 - whew!

In one smooth motion Havrin leaps onto Stepper's back behind Adam, draws his bow, nocks an arrow to the string, and fires at the giant owlish creature. Giving a defiant yell to further draw the creature's attention to himself, Havrin spurs Stepper to run past the creature and away from this friends. "Get away!" he hisses to Katya as he rides by the mage.

Free action to Fast Mount; move action to draw bow while mounting. Standard action to fire at the creature. Auto-succeed DC 5 Ride check to guide Stepper with knees to double move (medium load with both Havrin and Adam mounted, so double move is 70 feet) to squares P/Q-25/26.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Havrin's AC: 17
Havrin's HP: 20/20
Stepper's AC: 17
Stepper's HP: 19/19


Weakly Godlike Entity

Glad you made the check, although it could have been interesting if you'd rolled low....


Male Human Ranger 3

Yeah, I was really afraid Havrin would flub the roll and slip and fall with one foot stuck in a stirrup!


Female Human Paladin 4

Caught unaware and too far away, Bea runs closer to her companions to help.

Run (x4 speed) to J8


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Let's see, on his turn, Adam will hold onto the horse for dear life, considering he doesn't really know how to control the thing.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (ongoing):

Havrin's arrow flies true. The creature paws at its side where the arrow struck, roaring in pain.

Sabrina and Katya to go; Sabrina, did you still want to try the spell?


Male Human Ranger 3

Free action: "Adam! There's a Desnan Candle and a flint and steel in my pack if you can get to them! Maybe we can use that to startle the beast!" Havrin suggests to the halfing bard.

Don't worry, Adam. Havrin is controlling Stepper. Just try not to fall off!


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Hopefully it doesn't kill us :D But yes, its purposely selected so that she can experience the limits of her spells.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam reaches around to Havrin's pack, trying not to fall off of the nervous horse, and feels for the candle and the flint and steel.

Don't suppose you have a military saddle, Havrin? I can at least hold on to it better.

Ride Check to stay on the horse, DM?


Male Human Ranger 3

Actually, I am using a military saddle with Stepper.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Adam--yes, make a Ride check.

Sabrina casts her spell, but the magic fails to bite on the creature...its ties to the natural world are not strong enough for the spell to reach it.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Ride (untrained)
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11 (for military saddle)


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

"Ut oh, I can not calm it!" Sabrina screams out as she realizes her calming spell does not work on this mystical beast.

Internal monologue, "This is no normal beast, is it father?"


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (final):

Katya moves away from the slavering beast.

Round 2:

Initiative Order:
Foe-acted
Katya
Adam
Havrin
Sabrina
Bea

The beast moves to attack the closest target. Looming over the paladin, its claws glance off of her armor or miss her completely as she ducks; unfortunately, she straightens up to prepare her own attack at the same time as its colossal beak clamps down on her. Bea, take 9 HP.

Updated map is HERE.

Dice rolls:
Claw #1 attack on Bea: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Claw #2 attack on Bea: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Bite attack on Bea: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
Bite damage on Bea: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


Male Human Ranger 3

Round Two:

Havrin's eyes widen in horror as he watches Bea run toward the giant owl creature when he had been trying to draw it away from his friends. The ranger wheels Stepper about and fires another arrow at the creature, then stows his bow as he urges the horse back toward the battle. "Better get that candle lit," Havrin mutters to Adam.

Standard action to fire arrow at creature. Move action to stow bow. Auto-succeed DC 5 Ride check to guide Stepper with knees to double move 70 feet to squares K/L-13/14.

Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Havrin's AC: 17
Havrin's HP: 20/20
Stepper's AC: 17
Stepper's HP: 19/19


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

If Adam was successful in retrieving the candle and flint, he attempts to light it.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Sorry, thought I'd mentioned that before.

Last round, Adam was able to retrieve the firework and flint & steel without falling off, but was unable to do anything with them. This round, make another Ride check to see if you can light the fuse on a rapidly moving horse.

ETA: Bet you didn't know rapidly-moving horses had fuses!


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Ride
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

If I start to fall, can Havrin try to catch me?


Weakly Godlike Entity

Adam, I figure your priority is staying on the horse. Make a DC 12 Reflex save to hang onto the firework and flint & steel.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

As the horse begins to buck a little at something Adam did that made it uncomfortable, Adam nearly drops the candle and flint and steel. He juggles the two items for what seems like an eternity, as though the fate of the entire party would be doomed should they fall to the ground. Then with a swift movement, grabs them out of the air and holds them firmly again.

Adam again tries to light the Desnan candle.

Ride
1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 2 = 12


Weakly Godlike Entity

You'll be able to make that attempt next round, Adam.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Yep, just rolling it now so we're not all in suspense... Nearly dropping them was suspense enough for one day.


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Sabrina will make her way to Beatrix P8 which should put her just within range to burst heal her.

1d6 ⇒ 3


Female Human Paladin 4

Erastil, give me strength to protect my friends. With a cry, Bea swings her greatsword around at the creature.

Swift Action - Lay on Hands
LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 1
attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 = 13

HP: 16/21


Weakly Godlike Entity

FYI, Sabrina, if I've counted squares correctly that will also catch the enemy in the burst. Better you move to P7.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (almost final):

Initiative Order:
Foe-acted
Katya-passing
Adam-juggling
Havrin-acted
Sabrina-acted
Bea-acted
Jacyn

Havrin's arrow hits, but does not penetrate far. Bea's sword stroke glances off the creature's dense coat of feathers. FYI: AC 15/touch 10

Bea, the massive beast suddenly starts, as though it hears something that disturbs it.

Jacyn, at your discretion you may make a charge attack on the owlbear with a flanking bonus.

Dice rolls:
Jacyn Initiative check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

Round 1

Jacyn wanders through the woods trying to find his friends when he hears the sounds of battle. He spurs Smoke on, rushing headlong. When the owlbear comes into view, and his allies with it, Jacyn readies his lance and charges in, flanking the creature with Bea.

Charging Lance Flank 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 2 = 24
Damage 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 6 = 15

"This seems like quite a mess you have managed to get yourselves into while I was away!"

2,001 to 2,050 of 2,982 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Kingmaker IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.