Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Carbide's Kingmaker IC

Game Master John Woodford

Kingmaker AP Part 1: Stolen Land (completed)
Kingmaker AP Part 2: Rivers Run Red

COMBAT MAP


1,901 to 1,950 of 2,982 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>

Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

Smoke's Reflex save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Blargh!
Damage noted. :/


Male Human Ranger 3

Havrin is ready to light another torch if anyone has one.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam lights his torch from Havrin's offered fire and swings it at the spiders, hoping that the makeshift torch remains intact long enough to do some damage.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17
1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0+1 fire


Kingmaker Sheet

DM Carbide, are you referring to the saves I made here on 9/9/12?

Quote:

Sorry, forgot to include the saves in my last post, here they are:

Fort Save 1: 1d20 ⇒ 17
Fort Save 2: 1d20 ⇒ 17

If so I got 17 for both, if I'm mistaken then the spell wont go off as you say.


Weakly Godlike Entity

No, those were from the surprise round attack. The swarm damaged you again on Round 1 before you could act, so you needed to make another pair of saves.


Male Human Ranger 3

Anyone got a spare torch?


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (final):

Havrin lights Bea's torch, she prepares to charge the spiders, Adam fashions a torch, Jacyn charges across the swarms, and Sabrina & Katya flee the spiders. Map of the situation as of the top of next round is HERE.

Round 2:

Sabrina
Jacyn
Swarms
Katya
Havrin/Bea
Adam

Sabrina and Jacyn, you're up.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam's second round action was posted above... :) Hopefully everything is not as confusing as it was.


Weakly Godlike Entity

I'm planning on keeping Bea's and Adam's rolls above unless something obviates the need for them; likewise with Katya's damage roll if/when she casts burning hands on the swarm(s).


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Round 2
HP 10/16
AC 16, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex)
Fort +5, Ref +2, Will +6

I have spark if you'll allow that to catch the web on fire. Otherwise, she will cast it on anyone with a torch ready.


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

Round 2, 20/20 hp

Seeing that riding through the spiders was as harmful to Smoke as to the swarm, Jacyn follows the lead of the others and pulls out his own torch, riding towards someone who's torch is already lit so he can use theirs to light his own.

Dismount as well, if I can do all that in the same turn. If not, I'll dismount next turn, since I probably cant reach them from on top of the horse. :P


Weakly Godlike Entity

Give me a DC 12 Riding check to get out the torch, light it off of one of the others' torches, and pull off the dismount.


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

Ride 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Weakly Godlike Entity

Round 1 (cont'd):

Sabrina-done
Jacyn-done
Swarms-done
Katya-done
Havrin/Bea
Adam

Sabrina murmurs a brief prayer and the webbing around the fangberry bushes ignites in a rush. It burns away too quickly to do more than scorch the bushes themselves, but some of the spiders sizzle and scorch in the flames. Guiding Smoke with nothing but voice and leg pressure, Jacyn wheels around while drawing a torch from his saddlebag. The agile half-elf dismounts in front of Bea and lights his torch from hers.

Then the spiders move. Fleeing the flames, the arachnid army covers Sabrina (again!) and Havrin. Sabrina, take another 5 HP; Havrin, take 2. Both of you make two DC 11 Fort saves.

But the wizard has managed to sweep the last few spiders from her face and regain her composure. She moves back to the party, face set, and when she gets close enough invokes a broad fan of arcane fire. The heat from the flames is enough to raise beads of sweat on Havrin's and Sabrina's faces, but Katya's aim is true and the flames do not touch her compatriots. The spiders are not so lucky. Vast numbers fall to her spell, and the remaining few disperse harmlessly.

Dice rolls:
Damage to Sabrina: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Damage to Havrin: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Swarm #1 save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Swarm #2 save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Female Human Paladin 4

Beatrix turns a surprised look at Katya. "Well done! You've got some skill with magic!"


Male Human Ranger 3

DC 11 Fort Save #1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
DC 11 Fort Save #2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam is visibly relieved.

"The halfling consumption crisis is over, at least for the time being. And those were just the little ones. Who knows what else is lurking in that forest."

Adam shivers.


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

"I've never seen so many spiders amass so quickly. It was as if they were of a single mind. Very unsettling.', he says, trying to put out the torch before it is wasted.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Havrin, some of the spiders crawling on you got into your mouth and triggered a gag reflex; as Katya burns the rest of them you spend a moment hacking and spitting to get them out. Their venom didn't affect you.

At this point the party has a few handfuls of fangberries. Do you want to gather any more? (Katya, what you have right now would do for one potion, if you remember Bokken's directions correctly. He asked for seven potions' worth.)


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

HP 5/16

Fort 1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Fort 2: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Dispite being used to living out in the wil where insects are plentiful, the vast number of spiders overwelming Sabrina start to take their toll before Katya is able neutralize them.

After any ill effects have taken their course, Sabrina motions for anyone injured to come to her side and lock hands.

Channel Energy x2
1d6 ⇒ 6
1d6 ⇒ 4

HP 15/16


Male Human Ranger 3

"Thank you, Sabrina," Havrin says gratefully. "The spiders barely wounded me, but you and Katya seemed to take the brunt of their attacks. I'm sorry I couldn't do more to help you both."


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

As Sabrina channels the energy into a positive healing force, Jacyn inspects the bites on Smoke's legs. Satisfied that her healing has taken care of them, he gives an appreciative nod to the girl, "Thank you very much. I too apologize for my apparent uselessness in the fight. I will try to be better prepared next time."


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

To save everyone time, I have no problem if the DM rolls initiative and saving throws for us.

"Not to worry too much about that. I was useless myself a bit."


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

I'm ok with DM rolling inititive, I actually like that better. But, I like for characters to roll their own saves, simply because they best know what bonus to apply. With that said it's only a somewhat like so I wouldn't care if those were DM rolled if that was the consensus.

"Thank you father for answering my prayers. Sabrina say as she stares into the sky.

Then Sabrina looks to Jacyn, "Father always tells me that he provides us trials to help us grow. I imagine this was one of them. So, I know he is happy hearing your pledge."


Male Human Ranger 3

I'm good with DM rolling initiative.

Like Sabrina I prefer for players to roll their own saves - for the same reason she gave.


Kingmaker Sheet

Super sorry for the lack of posts, had to fly out and visit my grandmother on short notice.

Katya lowers her hands, which are a bit hot from the fire that was just a few inches from her hands a moment ago, she gives a short grin to Bea, "Of course, it is all I have."

Looking about herself to make sure all of the spiders are gone, Katya looks back into the thicket and shakes her head, "Unfortunately, I need more if I am to meet Bokken's request, if you all will give me a moment, I'll try and finish gathering the berries before more spiders show up."

Stepping to another unburnt section of the thicket, Katya goes back to picking the fangberries until she has enough.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Katya, the edges of the thicket are pretty-well picked over. If you want to pick berries from further in, it's a DC 20 Survival check to avoid taking damage from the thorns.


Male Human Ranger 3

"Here, I'll get them for you, Katya," Havrin offers to assist the mage.

DC 20 Survival check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26 - sweet!


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam follows Havrin and Katya with his makeshift torch. Hopefully no more spiders would show up, but with all the webs around, it seemed more than likely that they would.

"One of my former masters in Port Ice thought roasted spider legs were a delicacy. Not exactly for me, thank you."


Female Human Paladin 4

Adam's comment elicits a laugh from Bea, allowing a slight reprieve from the tension she was feeling. "Don't blame you for that one, Adam." Still, she holds her torch in the ready while the others collect berries before finally putting it out and remounting her horse.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Katya, hope it wasn't anything serious. BTW, how's your recovery coming?

Normally anyone entering the thicket has to make a Survival check every ten minutes to avoid taking damage. I'll let anyone who exceeds that add the excess to someone else's check. So if Katya or Adam goes in, one of them will get +6 to their roll. Havrin, you gather one more potion's worth for the first check; no more spiders emerge to challenge you during your berrypicking.


Male Human Ranger 3

Havrin tries to gather more berries.

DC 20 Survival check: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13


Kingmaker Sheet

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

Picking her way through the thorny plants trying to collect enough berries, Katya feels multiple pricks and scratches into her robes as she forages for the required amount, hoping that the pain is worth it for what Bokken knows about the area's plant life. Though Katya seems to be getting first hand experience in the matter, she doesn't complain over much about the situation, as if she has had to do this kind of painful work before.


Weakly Godlike Entity

Katya, despite Havrin's assistance you get a little bit scratched up in your first entry fully into the thicket. Take 1 HP.

At the end of ten minutes, you have a total of three potions' worth (unless someone else wants to help). During the second ten minutes, Havrin's woodland skill doesn't save him from a branch in the face. Take 2 HP. Katya, if you wish to continue make another Survival check.

Dice rolls:
Katya damage, first ten minutes: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Havrin damage, second ten minutes: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Female Human Paladin 4

As nothing else comes to attack while the others are gathering berries, Bea starts to get restless. "Do you uh...want some help?"


Male Human Ranger 3

"That would - OW! - be appreciated, Bea!" Havrin calls out in response to the offer.


Female Human Paladin 4

Chuckling a little, Beatrix puts away her weapons and wades into the bushes, trying her hardest to avoid the thorns, but still sticking herself from time to time.

survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

Jacyn puts his sword away and jumps into the bushes, trying his best to help pick the berries, despite his lack of know-how in this area.

Survival 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (17) + 0 = 17


Weakly Godlike Entity

Second ten minutes: Bea and Jacyn have a terrible time of it, and unfortunately at one point one of them trips and manages to knock Katya into a bush. Bea, Jacyn, and Katya each take 6 HP. But that makes seven potions' worth gathered, which was as much as Bokken wanted.

Dice rolls:
Bea damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Jacyn damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Katya damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Katya Survival check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam looks on from the clearing, far away from the webs.

"You'll forgive me if I don't join you. I need to remain unscratched and maim-less for my profession. I also am not nearly as skilled in the wilderness as you all."


Male Human Ranger 3
Adam Burlevogne wrote:
"You'll forgive me if I don't join you. I need to remain unscratched and maim-less for my profession. I also am not nearly as skilled in the wilderness as you all."

"Was that sarcasm?" Havrin mutters to his companions within the briar thicket.


Female Human Cleric of Erastil, Level 3

Put off by the swarm off spiders and not yet knowing Bokken personally, Sabrina doesn't see the point in going back into the thicket but she will help heal any wounds when everyone is done.

"Those look bad, are you sure the berries were worth it?" Sabrina ask somewhat retorically as before anyone can answer she continues, "So, come on then, let me tend to your scatches."

Channel Positive Energy 1d6 ⇒ 6


Male Human Ranger 3

"Thank you again, Sabrina. Those briars are fierce," Havrin thanks the nature priestess as the healing energies wash over him.


Male Half-Elf Cavalier (Order of the Dragon) 3

"Well I don't think I'll be assisting you in getting into any more thorny bushes." Jacyn says, pulling thorns from his neck, "And my apologies, ladies, for knocking you further into the thorns.", he says, pulling one from Katya's shoulder.


Female Human Paladin 4

Tension rises during the grueling process in the thicket until Jacyen sends them all tumbling into the midst of them. Despite the pain, Bea bursts out laughing as she lies next to her friends - suddenly overcome by the ridiculousness of their plight. She remains in a better mood as they finish and after Sabrina's healing she smiles and sits down in the clearing, wiping sweat from her brow. "Let's do that again sometime...just...without the thorns."


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

"Now, for that, I know a ditty or two." Adam offers helpfully.


Weakly Godlike Entity

*rimshot*


Male Human Ranger 3

So we're still in Hex D-6, correct? Still want to head for the hex with the statue and then the hex with the dead horse? Or head due NW and check out the hex with the dead horse first and then the hex with the statue?


Weakly Godlike Entity

Yes, you're in D-6.


Male Halfling Bard 2 / Cleric 2

Adam looks over his map, making sure that the scary web place was marked on it. "We're heading northwest still." At Havrin's nod, Adam sighs. "We're seeing more evidence of this Stag Lord fellow. I'm sure we'll have to deal with him sooner rather than later."

1,901 to 1,950 of 2,982 << first < prev | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Carbide's Kingmaker IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.