Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 2: SWORD OF VALOR (table 2)

Game Master Camris

SECTION ONE: Crusader's March
Now invested with righteous mythic power, Our Heroes are tasked with their first mission. Lead an army to recapture the citadel city of Drezen, lost in the First Crusade, and the crusaders’ Relic of power!

Current Strategic Map: STRATEGIC OVERVIEW

Current Tactical Map: TACTICAL OVERVIEW


401 to 450 of 467 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male human paladin 5 LG Init +2; Senses +5, Aura courage (10 ft.) AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 21 (+7 armor, +1 deflection, +2 Dex, +3 shield), hp 55 (5d10+10) Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7 Immune disease, fear Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)

Seeing that the battle is won Arthas issues orders while mounting his charger.

"Commanders! Let none escape retribution. Get healers to the wounded and get my second status reports ASAP! Set the scroungers to recovering what we can from the enemy camp."

Unless delayed:

Arthas rides to his friend's side.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren hears the spiders finish up the enemies. When all is silent, Voren dismisses the web and the sleet storm. As they vanish, Voren sees his allies running to him. He joins them, happy to see they're fine. He then sees Karthak walking... with the ominous shadow behind him. When Arthas calls for healers, Voren turns to him. "Arthas! These men I was defending still need help. I'll quickly heal them as much as I can and then join the others. But, I need healers to get to them and for some crusader to defend them. If you can spare any, that is." He then runs by each of the injured crusaders and says, "I'm sorry. I'm needed elsewhere at the moment and this is the best I can do for now. I promise, I'll come right back to check on you."

Healing Hex on Crusader 1: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 6 + 1 = 11
Healing Hex on Crusader 2: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 3) + 6 + 1 = 16
Healing Hex on Crusader 3: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 7) + 6 + 1 = 16
Healing Hex on Crusader 4: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 1) + 6 + 1 = 12
Healing Hex on Crusader 5: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 7) + 6 + 1 = 19
Healing Hex on Crusader 6: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7, 8) + 6 + 1 = 22
Healing Hex on Crusader 7: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 5) + 6 + 1 = 16
Healing Hex on Crusader 8: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7, 6) + 6 + 1 = 20

When Jokum asks for Tentak's wounds to be healed, Voren turns to him. "Sure, Jokum. I can... By the gods!" He sees Tentak drenched in his own blood. "What happened?! Here! Give him here!" When Tentak is in the witch's arms, Voren pets the badger, speaking softly. [smaller]"There, there. It's alright. Don't be scared. You'll be fine. You'll be fine."[/spoiler] He lets healing magic flow into his hands as he pets Tentak, his eyes glowing a warm white light.

Healing Hex on Tentak: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 2) + 6 + 1 = 13

When the wounds are closed, Voren hands Tentak back to Jokum. He frowns and wags a finger at the ranger. "You need to be more careful with him! I know he's your animal companion and he can hold his own. But he's also your friend. You watch out for each other."

When the others go after Karthak, Voren joins in the pursuit.


Arthas:
Unless you are one of those Paladins who can summon your Charger, it is back with the others where you had to dismount in the broken ruins of the old town and go on foot.
Also, you won't be able to exert command influence until the Company Commanders get their troops back into some kind of order.
Well, if enemy reinforcements were coming you might be able to sound the horns to rally, but you see no sign of that.
You figure you have an hour or two before you're actually needed.


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

"He's a damn fool badger who needs to learn how to pick on foes his own size!" Jokum bellows, dropping Tentak to the ground where the badger continues to trot after him. "I didn't ask for him! Now come on, Karthak's getting into some sort of foolery in a cave! Damn dwarfs."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren frowns at Jokum's actions. As they move, Voren quickly kneels down and gives Tentak a couple of pets. "Don't worry. I'm sure he didn't mean it."


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua drops down from the ruins and follows after the others, moving to assist as best she can. "Calm yourself and keep your wits about you. We been surprised once today already..." She follows straight up to the caves letting Jokum lead the way as she looks to Voren. Despite her injuries she was in high spirits. "I see you have survived as well. I have acolytes ale if you need it." She gives him a smile as she looks for the cave entrance.


Male human paladin 5 LG Init +2; Senses +5, Aura courage (10 ft.) AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 21 (+7 armor, +1 deflection, +2 Dex, +3 shield), hp 55 (5d10+10) Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7 Immune disease, fear Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)

Arthas looks around him.

"Its going to be hours before my commanders have their hosts ready for new direction and you are correct Voren, you are needed most immediately here."

"In the fog of war I didn't realize how far from my horse I had gotten."

"Danua you can get to Jokum and Torek faster than I can. Could you go to them?"

Arthas tried assess how he might be of use with Voren torn between duty to his friend and his command.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point
Danua wrote:
She follows straight up to the caves letting Jokum lead the way as she looks to Voren. Despite her injuries she was in high spirits. "I see you have survived as well. I have acolytes ale if you need it." She gives him a smile as she looks for the cave entrance.

Voren smiles at Danua. "Yes. I survived due to some fast thinking on my part. Conjuring up a sleet storm followed by summoning some celestial spiders to find the enemies via their tremorsense." Voren's brow raises in confusion at the term 'acolytes ale'. After a moment of thought, he then realizes what Danua means. "Oh! Sorry. I just was confused for a moment. No, I don't need any acolyte's ale. Thank you for the offer, though." He smiles at Danua. He then looks at her. "But, you may need healing." He holds up his hand, pulsing with white colored magic. "If you need it, that is."

I had to look all over to find out what acolyte ale was. But, I finally got an answer. It's basically a potion that has 5 doses of cure light wounds, right?

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel wrote:

Arthas looks around him.

"Its going to be hours before my commanders have their hosts ready for new direction and you are correct Voren, you are needed most immediately here."

...

Arthas tried assess how he might be of use with Voren torn between duty to his friend and his command.

Voren looks at Arthas. "Arthas. I can stay here if needed. However, if things are going to be alright without my presence, then I can aid all of you with retrieving Karthak. I've already administered healing to the crusaders that I was guarding. But, I understand that there are more people to heal. Overall, it's your call."


Male human paladin 5 LG Init +2; Senses +5, Aura courage (10 ft.) AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 21 (+7 armor, +1 deflection, +2 Dex, +3 shield), hp 55 (5d10+10) Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7 Immune disease, fear Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)

Realizing that the battle and loose ends are wrapping up and there is not much more to do immediately, can we move forward to the cavern? Arthas will have Voren go with him so that the party is all together.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Seeing her sorry state she gives Voren a smile. "Please, some healing would be very much appreciated."

Yep Acolyte Ale is just as you found. ITs a great item~ Sorry for the wait. Work is being painful. ugh. And internet keeps coming and going -.-


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren nods at Danua. "Very well. Please hold still." He lays his hand on her shoulder, channeling the soothing healing energy over her.

Healing Hex: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3, 4) + 6 + 1 = 14

When it's over, Voren removes his hand. "I used my healing hex. Keep in mind that your body can only be healed by this hex once per day. However, I do have other means of healing, should you need it."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Meanwhile Karthak surveys the relics with reverent awe...


Preoccupied with approaching the holy relic, Karthak is taken by complete surprise as he is seized by a grip of hideous strength!

Yanked around, he found himself staring into the bestial face of a demon with blue-gray skin decorated with strange, coiling stripes.
Dark fur grows on its head and arms, and its feet end in burning hooves. Its eyes glow as red, as well as the hands gripping Karthak's arms, and its breath fills the surrounding air with noxious gray smoke.
Karthak can feel his flesh under the creatures hands start to horribly burn! (1d6 ⇒ 6 fire damage.)
"AH! You have won nothing Inquisitor of Torag! Once I display your burning corpse to your minions, I will..."

He is interrupted as the rest of Karthak's companions enter the tomb at that moment. The creature turned with a flaming snarl...


No surprise.

Round 1_____________________________

Karthak recovers from stun. He is Grappled, but not Helpless.

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW

Knowledge:Planes DC20:

This is a Brimorak Demon. A big one too!


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Joking dashes into the cave and almost comes up short when he sees the demon gripping Karthak. Then he lets out a bellow.

"Brimorak! SARKORIS HAAAAAAAA!" He charges forward, drawing the long sword he was given as he runs.

Chargin' the demon. Swift action afterward to make a Sudden Attack.

Attack, charging, bane sword, FE: 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 29
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 4 + (3, 4) = 27

Sudden Attack (same but no charge, adds tier): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 11 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 24
Sudden Attack (roll twice and take better): 1d20 + 11 + 2 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 11 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 4 + 2d6 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + 4 + (2, 2) = 24 this one bypasses DR.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Voren watches Jokum charge at the demon. "He's right! It's a brimorak! And a big one at that!" He digs into his spell component pouch and pulls out some powdered iron. He focuses his magic on it while chanting and gesturing. He then lays a hand on Arthas's shoulder. "This magic will help you in the fight. Accept it." He then glares at the demon. "For Sarkoris! For Mendev! For Golarion! Charge!"

Casting enlarge person on Arthas.


Male human paladin 5 LG Init +2; Senses +5, Aura courage (10 ft.) AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 21 (+7 armor, +1 deflection, +2 Dex, +3 shield), hp 55 (5d10+10) Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7 Immune disease, fear Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)

As Arthas grows in size he points Radiance towards the Brimorak.

The paladin speaks in a powerful voice, "My companions and I shall end you demon!"

Arthas rushes in sword held high and two handed looking to strike a real foe.

The demon is currently marked with smite evil.

1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 2 = 24
2d8 + 9 + 5 ⇒ (7, 5) + 9 + 5 = 26


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Karthak roars in rage as the demon tries to subdue him:"Foul creature! I'll make sure you die a painful death for desecrating these halls!" he roars as he slashes at the Brimorak with his cold iron waraxe!

Attack roll: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 2 = 20 -> Damage roll: 1d10 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Round 1_____________________________

Jokum of the Breakbones______
Jokum dashes into the cave and almost comes up short when he sees the demon gripping Karthak. Then he lets out a bellow.
Chargin' the demon. Swift action afterward to make a Sudden Attack.
Both attacks hit! The strikes surprisingly deep into the large demon’s legs.

The wounds spray boiling blood back into Jokum and he takes 1d4 ⇒ 4 fire damage from the first and 1d4 ⇒ 2 fire damage from the second wound.

Voren the Outsider______
He digs into his spell component pouch and pulls out some powdered iron. He focuses his magic on it while chanting and gesturing. He then lays a hand on Arthas's shoulder.
Casting enlarge person on Arthas.

Arthas Sword of Ragathiel_______
Arthas rushes in sword held high and two handed looking to strike a real foe.
He hits! Doing a lot of damage; but with him only doing bludgeoning damage, there is no boiling blood bursting back into his face either.

Karthak Ironbreaker_______
Karthak roars as he slashes at the Brimorak with his cold iron waraxe!
The demon shrugged off Karthak’s slash.

(npc) Danua________
Danua hung back and used Whisper to attack the Demon leader.
whisper, oath of the moonwalker: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Missed.

Enemies__________________________________________
The Brimorak screamed as he is assaulted from behind!
Whirling around he stepped back a step took a breath and blew a 20 foot line of boiling blood at Jokum and Arthas, dealing 10d6 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 5, 1, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6) = 37 fire damage, Ref save DC18 for half.

Then, with Karthak still securely grappled, he sets Karthak on fire, dealing 2d6 ⇒ (2, 1) = 3 fire damage to him. Then he swung him hard at Jokum.
Burning Karthak melee attack vs Jokum: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 16 + 2 = 32 for a possible 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 6 = 13 melee damage and 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9 fire damage to both Karthak and Jokum.

DM Only:

HP: 37


Round 2_____________________________

Karthak is on fire, must roll a Will save DC20 to do anything other than beat the flames out (assuming he took any damage from the fire). He is Grappled, but not Helpless.

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL OVERVIEW


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Use Arcana to add +2 to Whisper making Whisper a +3 Composite long bow +1 Str!

5ft to get line of sight and utilize Point Blank Shot!
-4 for firing into melee! Point Blank Shot added to rolls!

Whisper Attacking Brimorak -SC: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 - 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 22
Damage!: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10

Whisper Attacking Brimorak -SC - Arcane Mark "SORRY!": 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 - 2 + 2 - 4 + 1 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 = 12

Danua steps up, takes aim and fires into the ensuing melee in the hopes of help Karthak and bringing this demon down more quickly. She knew of Birmoraks and hated the fire little spit balls. Though this one had a shockingly large size to him which brought a flush to her cheeks from the heat the demon put off.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren glares at the Brimorak and decides to help take care of this. He moves forward and glares at the demon, his eyes glowing green. The Brimorak begins to feel drowsy.

Round 2 Actions
Move Action: Move 20 feet to E6
Swift Action: Activate Medal of Clarity
Standard Action: Use Slumber Hex on Brimorak. Brimorak is automatically asleep for 1 round. After that, Will save DC 18 or it will be asleep for 6 rounds.

Active Effects
Medal of Clarity: 10/10 rounds left

Mythic Hexes:
Your hexes are more effective against non-mythic targets. When you use a hex that requires a saving throw against a non-mythic target, that target is automatically affected for 1 round (which doesn't count toward the hex's duration) and can't attempt a saving throw to resist the hex. On your turn the next round, the creature attempts its saving throw as normal. If it succeeds at this saving throw, it breaks free of the hex; otherwise, it's affected as normal. You must have the hex class feature to select this ability. You can select this ability twice. If you select it a second time, it also affects your major hexes.

Medal of Clarity:
As a swift action, the wearer of the Medal of Clairity can gain a +2 sacred bonus to Intelligence for 1 minute (once a day). In addition, this medal grants a constant +2 sacred bonus on saves against insanity or confusion effects.


Looks back and forth at the literature on hex vs SR interactions with disbelief...
Ah.
Well then...

The Brimorak's eyes widen as it meets Voren's gaze, he staggers, then falls asleep and crashes prone.

Karthak rolls free, but he's still on fire.

Well now Voren, you have my attention now. :)


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Ref DC 18: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16 ouch.

*does math*...um, guys?

Jokum's eyes widen as he sees the gout of flaming blood coming his way, and he howls in pain before slumping to the ground. Unconscious--the following assumes the brimorak still swings burning Karthak into him.

The blow the demon deals with Karthak sends Jokum's unconscious body flying across the room, where he smacks into one of the stone walls with a sickening crack and lies, unmoving, on the floor.

Aaaaaand I'm dead. EDIT: WAIT! NO I'M NOT! I FORGOT ABOUT HARD TO KILL! THANKS MYTHIC!

I'm just at -24 hit points. But I'm stable!


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Dont worry, Jokum! The demon is down for one turn. So that should give me enough time to heal you. Also, Camris, I have your attention? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? :) But, yeah, Slumber Hex is awesome. Especially with Mythic Hexes.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

Will Save: 1d20 + 10 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 3 = 33

"Die, demon filth!" exclaims Karthak, in his rage trying to execute the sleeping opponent holding his axe with both hands...

Coup de Grace: 3d10 + 18 ⇒ (4, 10, 2) + 18 = 34

Edit

DC44 Fortitude save of die...


With Jokum down, the demon would have swung at Arthas instead.

Fort save: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
And the Brimorak general is out as his head rolls free, spewing black blood all over Karthak's boots as if in final revenge.


The most recent niche is filled with the dessicated body of a dwarf warrior with a ragged red beard.
Inscribed below in Dwarven:
BORMAR TORNBEARD, MY LAST COMPANION
TOO MUCH LOST, I WILL GO ON
GRUM WILL BE VICTORIOUS I SWEAR ON ALL OUR BLOOD!
-BELNIR


The stone gauntlets are Relics of Barin.
They offer a Dwarf DR1 vs Fire and Acid.


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

With the enemy Brimorak down Danua moves in, looking for anything they can recover for the Crusade. Not being a cleric there was little she could do for Jokum.

Search the Brimorak for anything worthwhile.: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Seeing the demon fall, Voren immediately runs for Jokum. "Jokum! Jokum! Hang on!" He kneels down as he moves, sliding to Jokum's side. He places his hands on Jokum and begins to heal him. For one of the spells, he also puts some of his mythic power into it.

Healing Hex: 2d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (4, 7) + 6 + 1 = 18
Mythic Reach Cure Moderate Wounds: 4d8 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1, 7, 1) + 12 + 1 = 27

He breathes calmly as he sees Jokum's wounds close quickly. He says, "He'll be fine. He's going to be fine."


Male human paladin 5 LG Init +2; Senses +5, Aura courage (10 ft.) AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 21 (+7 armor, +1 deflection, +2 Dex, +3 shield), hp 55 (5d10+10) Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7 Immune disease, fear Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)

"A fitting end to such an abomination. Your axe struck true Karthak, may your faith remain ever keen. We shall reconsecrate this ground and clear this tomb of this violating filth!"


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum coughs, chokes on some blood, and slowly sits up as Voren's magic knits his bones back together. "I'm alive...can honestly say that I did not expect that," he mutters. "Thank you, Voren. I am very grateful." He clambers to his feet and glares at Karthak, arms folded. "Of course, none of this would have been necessary had Master Dwarf here not run into this tomb alone! I gave you credit for more sense than that, Karthak. That brimorak was no ordinary foe; it might have killed you."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

It might have. But it didn't. We killed it and that's one less abomination to worry about. So good job everyone" Karthak answers Jokum then nods to Arthas:"That is my hope as well" he adds beofre taking the gauntlets with reverence.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren smiles as Jokum sits up. "It's no problem." As Jokum begins to stand, however, Voren goes to healer mode. "Easy, Jokum. I may have closed your wounds. But, you're still not fully healed. Once we get back, you're going to get some rest. I do have a few things that can help you. But, you will be getting rest. Healer's orders. And if you are being difficult..." He gestures to Tentak, his lips going to a playful smile. "Then I will have no choice but to ask Tentak to make sure you get your rest."

Voren looks at Karthak. "Are you alright, Karthak? Is there anything I can do to help?"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

Jokum subsides into grumbling, moving slowly toward the exit so as to treat his wounds gently. His father did always teach him to listen to healers...


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren smiles as Jokum listens to him. "Don't fret, Jokum. I have enough spell power to get you back to normal when we get back to camp. The rest is merely a precaution. Better safe than sorry."


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Once she was done searching the Brimoark's corpse, smiling at the banter, Danau rejoins the group. Taking up a position by the entrance and watching out for foes. "One less powerful enemy to be concerned about! I'm curious as to What Karthak was so hellbound to get to." She laughs at the slight joke she slipped in for herself, minding the now tender sides from all the crossbow nicks she had taken mere minutes ago.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 06 Guardian 01 HP 71/71 | AC 21 (23) T 12 FF 20 (22) | CMB +9 CMD 12 | F+10 R+5 W+10 | Init +4 | Perc +12

"See to the others Voren. It will take more than a few scratches to end me" says Kathak... mostly out of pride.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren nods at Karthak. "Alright then, Karthak. But if you need any healing, don't hesitate to see me." He sees Danua still nursing some wounds. "Do you need any healing, Danua? I can easily convert my spells to healing ones when we get back to camp."


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

Danua gives Voren a smile. "It's fine, save them for if we need them. If nothing happens, then later we can."


Male Aasimar Ranger (Shapeshifter) 6/Champion 1;
Stats:
HP 21/63 | AC/T/FF: 18/13/15 | CMD 23 | F +7, R +8, W +3 (+2 vs. evil) | Init +3, Per +10 | Shifter's Blessing Left: 3/7 | MP: 3/5

"We should rejoin the troops," Jokum says gruffly. "It looks as though we have won this day, but we must remain on guard."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren smiles and nods at Danua. "Very well. Like I said to Karthak, even if we are attacked, feel free to come to me if you need healing." At Jokum's comment, Voren nods. "It does look like things are wrapping up nicely. With any luck, we can salvage what we can and make camp."


Perception +9 Stealth +10 | Ini +4 | Darkvision 60ft AC 25, touch 20, flat-footed 15 | hp 53/64 | Fort +6, Ref +8, Will +6 Defensive Abilities canny defense; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5

She nods to Voren and then Jokum. "Agreed, time to clean up what rabble remains." She heads out the entrance, Whisper drawn and ready for battle. Letting Arthas lead once she had ensured the coast was clear.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

When he reaches the cave entrance, Voren waits and lets Arthas lead him.


Male human paladin 5 LG Init +2; Senses +5, Aura courage (10 ft.) AC 23, touch 13, flat-footed 21 (+7 armor, +1 deflection, +2 Dex, +3 shield), hp 55 (5d10+10) Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +7 Immune disease, fear Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)

"I wonder if that demon was what I had sensed before the battle . . .It makes me wonder how many other hidden enemies we have around or among us."

"It will take a while to get everyone and everything settled, then begins the grim news of those who are no longer among us or we are soon to be without."

"One battle closer to the city, but they were gathered here in ambush. They knew we were coming. I believe we will have to prepare to lay siege. Hopefully we can find water and supplies among the ruins of the enemy camp."


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Voren scratches his chin. "If they were expecting us and planned an ambush, it may not be just the city we may need to plan for. We may need to prepare for what may lie on the road ahead."


Once the fighting had stopped and the enemy routed, the crusaders stopped and rallied together as units to take stock of the dead and wounded.
Anevia and Aron slip into the surrounding regions to scout out the place and ensure no other enemies lie in wait. At the same time Irabeth, Sosiel, and Nurah set out separately to seek survivors to heal and rescue from the aftermath.

Perception DC25:
You spot Nurah duck around a rock outcropping, cast a spell and dissapear from view.

Of the demons there were none left on the battlefield but stinking puddles of noxious slime. Of the tiefling cultists, those who stood and fought died where they stood. The few who broke and fled across the river mostly drowned. The scouts said that they had seen a handful make the crossing and flee south out of sight.
Of the crusaders, the ability to cross-heal was telling, as only two died in Company A, four died in Company B and there were no fatalities in Company C.
More horses died than crusaders, leaving a few of them afoot until more could be procured.

Kyra came down from the Northwestern bluffs, she reported having neutralized the tieflings manning the giant deadfall trap there.
Searching through the tiefling camps turned up more supplies, greatly relieving Lord Horgus' concerns.

The army encamped well away from the old town and the smells there, to rest and recover for a day.
Because despite the quiet jubilation of their victory, the crusaders were well aware that the next day, they were going to march into the Abyss.


Male Tiefling Hedge Witch 6/Archmage 1 | AC 15/12/13 | hp: 40/51 | F +5, R +6, W +8 (+2 vs death/insanity/confusion) | CMD 15 (17 with m.o.v) | Init +6 | Perc +1 | darkvision 60ft | SM +1 | receiving healing: +2 hit points/die rolled | giving healing: +1 point

Well, I don't know how many times I used my Mythic Surge. So, I'm not going to make that Perception.

Voren arrives and begins to heal the crusaders with his healing magic and healing hexes, converting what spells he has to healing spells. He also aids in taking in the supplies. He also asks around to see if there's anything he can do to help out.

I still have to use that gold, spirit of wine, and troll oil I have.

He also looks around the town, looking for anything from Sarkoris's past that he can recognize. He also wishes that he could have looked around the last town, the one he was in when the Worldwound opened.

Yeah. That was a bit of a missed opportunity on my part.


Voren's efforts are appreciated, the Crusaders having come to warily accept Voren's tiefling appearance.
But despite his best efforts at recollection, he cannot remember any more of the old town here. It could have been one of any number of river towns back in those days.


INTO THE WORLDWOUND

The next day the army carefully skirted around the massive deadfall guarding the old riverbed leading to the interior of the Worldwound.

Beyond Keeper’s Canyon, the armys route finally takes them westward into the Worldwound itself. It doesn’t take long for the Crusaders and their allies to notice the difference even a few hundred yards into enemy territory makes, for the Worldwound is the very definition of “hostile territory.”
More than demons and monsters, the very environs of the Worldwound are dangerous. Infections, parasites, and diseases infest the water and game alike, making the idea of living off the land dangerous.
The weather can and does vary wildly—calm one day and blasted by hurricane-force winds the next.

Knowledge:Planes DC15:
Some storms are supernatural in nature, and can open rifts to the Abyss or rain down strange precipitation like frozen eyeballs or shards of crystallized locusts.

The sun rises later and sets earlier than it should, and the skies are almost always overcast with black and red clouds. When they part, the sky seems dull in color at day, and at night the stars are all wrong, as if one were looking up at an alien realm above.

Navigation in the Worldwound is difficult as a result, but in this case the command staff have plotted a course following the ancient Ahari river gorge so navigation isn’t an issue. The banks of the Ahari riverbed protect the army forces, so they are not plagued by things like supernatural storms or the like.
The difficult terrain of the riverbed route to Drezen halves movement rates though—the army can only cover 18 miles a day here rather than 36 miles.

401 to 450 of 467 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 2, SWORD OF VALOR (table 2) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.