Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM-Camris' SAVAGE TIDE: Chapter 3, The Savage Kraken's Wake!

Game Master Camris

SECTION 5: SARGASSO
Bodyguards to Lady Vanderboren, our heroes have refurbished an old pirate ship just in time to embark on a fateful voyage south.
"With sloping masts and dipping prow,
As who pursued with yell and blow
Still treads the shadow of his foe,
And forward bends his head,
The ship drove fast, loud roared the blast,
The southward aye we fled."

-Coleridge "The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner"


1,701 to 1,750 of 1,768 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>

Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

For DM-Camris:
*Nods* Sunny had a lucky guess about the 'Nasty' curse type effect that might by just laying around. :P

Looks like she'll be bopping heads with hopefully Girrak's help to get the crew calm and back in line.

Very much cheers to you and yours. (^_^)


Sunny already knows, but now all the players can see the developing brawl taking place on the pirate ship; apparently over some treasure found in the pirate Captain's cabin. Now it's drawing other crew in from both the Kraken and the Nixie.


Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Acrobatics:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24(Bonus to Ac for moving through 'threatened' squares)

Wriggling, tumbling and dodging through the developing scrum, the naturally tanned Elf lass takes the opportunity to give those involved a dissuading 'bop' or two as she goes.

AoO:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Sub-dual Dam:1d6 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + (5, 3) = 13(Sub-dual damage+sneak att for target being 'Flat footed' to try and at least quieten down those she can reach.)

Arriving on deck and into a clearer space she calls out,

"Halp! They's somat nasty an' cursin' amongst tha' shiny!" She looks to those not currently caught by the contagion.

"We's got'a find tha' thing what's makin' peoples all loopy an' get rid of it!" She calls.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

To spy any sort of 'epicenter' to the brawl.


Male Human Wizard 6

Marius was self-aware enough to know that he was a little susceptible to shiny loot at the best of times. Nevertheless, he closed the distance somewhat, enacting a spell as he went to try and identify the source of the problem.

Detect magic.


Half-Orc Monk 6 (Sacred Mountain)

Turning toward Sunny and the chaos ensuing, Ghirrak draws up to his full height, one arm around Lavinia as he roars out across the mayhem in an unmistakable tone of anger and command. "ALL HANDS STAND DOWN NOW!!!!

Intimidate: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Does I need ta' make a savin' throw aginst bein' scared? (>_>)


Half-Orc Monk 6 (Sacred Mountain)

Nope you know I don't mean you. :P


Island Elf(link)
Fighter/Monk:
Fighter1/Monk4/Ninja4|HP21/62|Perc+10|AC18(20)T13)15)FF15(17)|CMB+8;CMD22|F +7R+11W+5(+2Vs Enchantments)|Init+4|Move40ft/Swim30ft

Jus', y'know, checkin't'be sure 'nuf. What wiff Ghirrak all defensive about his lady love. (^_~)


Half-Orc Monk 6 (Sacred Mountain)

And bleeding from a sharkbite and generally pissed off


Marius' Spellcraft: 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 13 + 2 = 28

Marius:
Yep. The treasure being carried, flung around and dropped by the combatants are definately Cursed. You can't tell exactly how or what yet; you'd need to sit down and analyse it first.

Even across a boarding ladder, Ghirrak's voice thundered loud enough to quiet a rowdy crowd like the gladiator he once was. The combatants jolted to a stop, then started yelling at Ghirrak about 'thieves' and 'even shares of the loot', though they don't look like they're picking up the fight...


Bryson:
You only see one Wyvern high above the rock pinnacle.
You don't see any of the others you spotted earlier. You're guesstimating they're flying out to find food and be back in their eyries around sunset. In a crowd, they're likely to find three ships here very curious...

A quick damage report by those who have the Shipwright profession shows that hull damage is negligable, but both the Blue Nixie and the Pirate ship have their mizzenmasts down.

IF you want to get out of here immediately, just cut away the rigging in the water and you'll be free to go, though you'll be at 2/3 speed until the mast is replaced.

IF you want to pick up all the rigging thats in the water and recover the fallen masts to cut down and re-rig later, you're gonna spend the next day or two doing that.

Bryson:
Winds are light and its a sunny day all day today, winds will pick up to moderate tomorrow (but sunny) and the next day (overcast).


Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

With every one stopped and brought to their senses by Captain Ghirrak's authority. The tanned and naturally plucky Elf lass now walks amongst those formerly fighting, gently pushing people away from each other where she can. Retrieving/removing gathered loot from clutches when she passes.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

"I know one'a these lil' dickens be tha' culprit..." She grumbles mainly to herself as she works her barefoot way back into the former Pirate Captain's cabin.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 (Sunny is still bein' nice ta' peoples ^_^ )

Sunny's vote would be to spend the time fixing ships up proper. We're near some sort of island, yes? We need time to integrate the 'New' crew. Doing it at rest and close together with every one would seem the safer option. (^_^)


Marius:
Looking at the crew through Detect Magic, they are clearly being influenced by a Mind Influencing Curse. Something they came into physical contact with.

As Sunny retrieves/removes the gathered loot, she must make another Will save.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 6| HP 46/71| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21

DM Camris:
Bryson points out the wyvern to the captive pirates. "Eventually there will be more and all of them will take an interest in this ship. You will still be on deck when they do. It's going to be glorious."


Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Awe maaaaan...

Will Save:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Okeys.. lets see tha' DM's reply ta' these shamozelles of a dice rollin'...


The prisoners glance up to the sky, then back to Bryson. They seem disbelieving, but wavering.

Sunny, for an instant, looks like she clutched the confiscated treasure to her chest but the she looks like she came to her senses and dropped it to the deck.


OK guys, things seem to be under control for the moment; What do you want to do?
*Leave immediately by cutting away the fallen masts? Or stay for a day to recover rigging and what's left of the masts?
*Ditch the pirate prisoners? Or take them with you?
*Take the pirate ship? Leave it? Sink it?
*Share out the cursed pirate treasure? Seal it away for later decontamination? Throw it overboard?


Half-Orc Monk 6 (Sacred Mountain)

My thoughts.
Spend the day to recover as much material as possible.
Pirates get a choice, give up piracy and become crew or swim.
Take anything of value and sink Pirate ship
Give the cursed treasure as an offering to Besmara


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 6| HP 46/71| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21

New more vicious Bryson says we put the prisoners on the pirate ship in chains then set the pirate ship on fire. Cursed treasure should be kept until we can uncurse it.

Regular Bryson suggests we put the pirates on a longboat with some food and water. Scuttle the pirate ship. Seal the treasure for decontamination. If a pirate offers information about treasure or can convince us they will give up piracy, they can join crew at least until we make port.


Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Spend the time to repair all the ships.

Use the time to learn about our new freinds. (^_^)

Re-sort crew (Mix things up, like) and then, when we know how all these new people are going to act/feel with people, split our people amongst the three vessels and add a third ship to our growing armada. Ohh! Who wants ta' be a Admiral?

Once the finny's have wandered off... go take a look over the side an' see whut there is ta' be seein' about tha' place fer a lil' bit.

Oh! Tha' shiny? Can't trust tha' nasty bit one bit. Lock it in'a box an' send it down ta' see ol' Hobb.


Fighter2/Witch4 ~ AC17 tch14 ff14 ~ HP 45/45 ~ Fort+6 Ref+5 Will+5 ~ CMD19 ~ Init+3, Per+2

Spend the day to recover as much material as possible.
Take anything of value and sink Pirate ship
Give the cursed treasure as an offering to Besmara
put the pirates on a longboat with some food and water


Male Human Wizard 6

Spend a day recovering material, including from the pirate ship if we're sinking it anyway.
See if any of the pirates have useful skills and seem trustworthy, otherwise longboat with food and water.
Toss the cursed treasure overboard.


Half-Orc Monk 6 (Sacred Mountain)

Nodding at the general consensus, Ghirrak turns to his beloved for her opinion on dealing with the prisoners and the broken pirate ship before issuing orders.


After pulling her away from the dead laid out on the deck, it took Ghirrak some time to get Lavinia to recover herself and start issuing orders again.

First she had Annie conduct the funeral for the fallen sailors and ceremoniously buried at sea. The dead pirates were simply thrown overboard.

She agreed to moor the ships in place and recover as much in the way of spars and rigging rather than immediately sail off.
In among the arguably positive results of this is that when the fallen mizzenmast is lifted, you find Tolin Kintai, the team leader of the Jade Ravens. He had apparently been pinned under it when it fell while he was dueling with Longshanks LeShiv.

Being shorthanded, she decided to draft the remaining pirates as slave labor. She put Tolin in charge of overseeing them, as none of them were anything in the way of trustworthy.

When Sunny dives down to explore, she quickly finds out that the spire of rock continues vertically down into the abyssal deep beyond the limits that you can swim.

The cursed treasure was carefully rounded up and ceremonially disposed of by jettisoning it overboard in the name of Besmara. That was a LOT of money; The crew nearly rioted over that one. The good news there is that you discovered some non-cursed treasure as well. About 15,000 silver crowns, 10,000 crowns worth of assorted gems and jewelry, and 4,000 gold sovereigns (40,000gp) hidden under the ballast stones in the bilge.
So how do you (the owner/partners) divide this loot up? Or do you?

After you step the Nixies' new mizzenmast the next afternoon, you all set sail again, resuming your course south in search of the Isle of Dread...


Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21
DM-Camris wrote:
When Sunny dives down to explore, she quickly finds out that the spire of rock continues vertically down into the abyssal deep beyond the limits that you can swim.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

To look for caves and such in the rock face as she swims about. Just how 'big' is this thing any way? How vertical are its sides? How long to get to the top and have a look-see? No worries if we don't have time fer a'splorin' an' stuff. (^_^)

Returning from her swim, Suny shakes herself reasonably dry while standing on the railing of the Nixie, large blue eyes wide in wonder at all the things she's seen while paddling about.

Before hopping down and getting on with helping sort and settle things.

DM-Camris wrote:

The cursed treasure was carefully rounded up and ceremonially disposed of by jettisoning it overboard in the name of Besmara. That was a LOT of money; The crew nearly rioted over that one. The good news there is that you discovered some non-cursed treasure as well. About 15,000 silver crowns, 10,000 crowns worth of assorted gems and jewelry, and 4,000 gold sovereigns (40,000gp) hidden under the ballast stones in the bilge.

So how do you (the owner/partners) divide this loot up? Or do you?

Suny is happy/content those more knowledgeable/understanding about shine to work out who gets what.

DM-Camris wrote:
After you step the Nixies' new mizzenmast the next afternoon, you all set sail again, resuming your course south in search of the Isle of Dread...

Sunny tries to help the new folks settle in,

Diplomacy:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Herself still feeling a little bit like an 'Outsider' as she is also still learning people's ways. (^_^)

Oh eah, the dice love Sunn'ys people skills. :P


Sunny wrote:
To look for caves and such in the rock face as she swims about.

You find no caves as you explore, not above the tidal zone as far as you can see, and not below. There are nooks and crannies that you can hide yourself in if you were desperate; Barnacles of tiny to huge size, coral growths, a huge variety of anemone, small forests of kelp, etc.

Sunny wrote:
Just how 'big' is this thing any way?

The spire of rock is about a half mile long by a quarter mile wide at sea level. It extends up about a mile straight up you think. Below you see it extend down beyond visual range into the oceanic abyss.

Sunny wrote:
How vertical are its sides?

Very vertical. Not smooth, but mostly straight up and down.

Sunny wrote:
How long to get to the top and have a look-see?

You calculate maybe a couple of days using rope and pitons. Maybe four hours if you use something like Spider Climb. Faster if you Levitate/Fly.

Sunny wrote:
No worries if we don't have time fer a'splorin' an' stuff.

You would probably need to talk to your Captain.

So have we had enough of this area? Shall we raise sail and move along?


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 6| HP 46/71| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21

Let's get going.

At Annie's suggestion, Bryson will start back scouting each day. He reports to Ghirrak each day with his findings including the weather for the next 12 to 24 hours. He otherwise does not do anything while they sail.


Half-Orc Monk 6 (Sacred Mountain)

Once the repaired sales and any additional preparations are completed,. Ghirrak gets the ships underway, mindful of Lavinia's current state he shoulders the burden of any command decisions until she's ready to resume charge of the expedition.


Island Elf(link)
Fighter/Monk:
Fighter1/Monk4/Ninja4|HP21/62|Perc+10|AC18(20)T13)15)FF15(17)|CMB+8;CMD22|F +7R+11W+5(+2Vs Enchantments)|Init+4|Move40ft/Swim30ft

Suny explains to peopple all that she has seen while she was 'Out and about'.

After helping with geting things 'Ship shape' Suny bounces and scampers about helping every opne with every thing she can.

(^_^)


Male Human Wizard 6

Marius had been thinking of laying claim to a particular item languishing in the hold for a while now, and by this point he felt he'd made enough of a contribution to the crew's welfare that nobody would begrudge him making use of the Cloak of the Manta. If nothing else, it would allow him to accompany Sunny on her scouting expeditions. Life below the waves sounded well worth experiencing from her accounts.

So far as the treasure was concerned, well, there wasn't much to spend it on out here, so his own advice was to leave it be for the time being and sort out some kind of equitable distribution with the crew for when they arrived at their destination. They were, after all, understandably miffed about the loss of the cursed treasure (though hopefully less so now the treasure was unable to work its malign influence on them).


Fighter2/Witch4 ~ AC17 tch14 ff14 ~ HP 45/45 ~ Fort+6 Ref+5 Will+5 ~ CMD19 ~ Init+3, Per+2

Burian hadn't realized how much he'd missed the feeling of the ship at full sail until they were underway again. Knowing how incensed the crew was about losing treasure, he hoped they'd feel the same - enough at least to dampen their considerable irritation.

He pitched in with normal duties while Wilt dozed back in his hammock.

sailoring: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


The next few weeks pass slowly as you head South again. The winds turn light and variable. Both ships put on every scrap of sail they can to continue to make headway. The temperature inched higher and higher until all the men are shirtless and dripping with sweat.

Knowledge:Geography DC16 or Knowledge:Nature DC15:

You have passed into an oceanic region known as the Doldrums.
The doldrums are noted for calm periods when the winds disappear altogether, trapping sail-powered boats for periods of time.

Knowledge:Geography DC21 or Knowledge:Nature DC20:

The becalming period can last for days, or even weeks. On occasion more severe weather, in the form of squalls, thunderstorms, and hurricanes may happen.

Bryson:
It becomes more difficult to fly during this period, as there are no winds to glide upon. You note that you see few other flyers, even birds that normally fly about during the day. You see nothing out to the horizon.
Your weather prediction is disturbing. You forsee no winds. At all. Out to the limit you can fortell the future.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 6| HP 46/71| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21

Bryson advises Ghirrak on the weather. "We in the doldrums. It can last a very long time, though opposite weather, storms or even hurricanes, can sometimes happen. What you gonna do, Cap'n?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

Sunny scampers about in the rigging helping set sails and keep them 'trim'.

Prof Sailor:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Sunny happily follows other folk's styles of dress. (^_^)

Since the ships are moving so slowly and people seem to be a tad bothered by the heat, Sunny suggests lowering a net on ropes over the side such that people can have a small amount of time relaxing in the calm waters as a way of soothing the effects of the heat. (^_^)

She's simply happy to occasionally dive over the side, swim about for a bit and thence climb back aboard.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19(For being freindly with folks)

Prof Sailor:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20(For rigging rope and nets etc)


Half-Orc Monk 6 (Sacred Mountain)

Standing on deck in just his breeches, Ghirrak looks out on the unnaturally still ocean.

Grateful for both Bryson's counsel on the weather and Sunny's effect on the crew morale, he considers his options. "Is there anything we could do to manipulate the winds using magic?"


Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

'A question?':
What skill would one use to suggest using long boats, ropes and 'towing' the ship(s) ?

Also, depending on the draw of the railings... 'Sweeps' (Another name for really BIG oars) could also be rigged up.

(^_^)


"Sorry Ghirrak," Annie said as she mopped her forehead. She tugged at her blouse, which had adhered to her body from the sweat.
"I don't know any magic like that. I can let you breathe underwater, but that's it."


Sunny: You can certainly use the ships boats to have the crew row the ship. It was done all the time in the Age of Sail. The only limit is the endurance of the crew, which is not very long in this heat. And it won't be very fast in any case.
You have no ships sweeps like a Bireme or Trireme might have.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21

*Nods* Actualy.. with Sunny's carpentry skill and such... was thinking of just 'making' some out of spare timbers... or even 'current' ship's timbers... should we really need the wood.

It's just that... if one ship's beam is low enough to the water then we can use 'It' as the row boat... Long poles sticking out off the deck. Three to four sailors standing a piece. As the first two are made work out our 'best' people to begin learning the timing and such. Then as the second set are made, shift the more dexstrous/skilled to that as 'leaders', bring two new onto the first. Rinse and repeat as we make more.

The carpentry work will give crew something to do as opposed to... waiting their turn in the long boats to row and standing/laying around in the heat.

As another thing. Those with "Create water" can simply be 'dousing' people. Fresh water washing over people who aren't 'natural' to the sea would probably feel better than salt water.

Spoiler:
What? No I didn't think of wet tee-shirt competitions when I posted that.

Well... not at first... um...

Just some more thoughts to help.


Male Human Wizard 6

Marius had taken to preparing a couple of Endure Elements spells each day, and had been keeping an eye on the crew to see if anyone needed magical aid to cope with the heat. So far, the precaution had proved unnecessary, and nobody seemed inclined to push themselves very hard.

His ears pricked up at the mention of storms. Not something that seemed to be on the horizon, but his last experience with a big storm... Well, they'd lost the ship.

"Well beyond my skills as well, I'm afraid," he put in, "I think we're pretty well stuck until the winds return."


Island Elf(link) HP36/43;Fort+6;Ref+9;Will+4;Perc+9; Init+4;AC17(19)Defensive:21
Marius Hawk wrote:
"Well beyond my skills as well, I'm afraid," he put in, "I think we're pretty well stuck until the winds return."

Never one to quit Sunny helps organize the 'Tow-boats' even as she set to work experimnting with building 'sweeps' on the lower huled ship.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 6| HP 46/71| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21
Ghirrak Ironfist wrote:

Standing on deck in just his breeches, Ghirrak looks out on the unnaturally still ocean.

Grateful for both Bryson's counsel on the weather and Sunny's effect on the crew morale, he considers his options. "Is there anything we could do to manipulate the winds using magic?"

"Not fer long. Few minutes at most. Then we go back to sittin still."

Bryson isn't much help with any plans the crew comes up with. Once a day, he can be convinced to cast a spell, such as Woodshape, to aid them, though.


The sun beat down on the ships lying still on the glass smooth sea. Despite hanging every scrap of sail, they hung flat and limp. The heat and humidity soared to barely tolerable levels, and most of the crew took to lying limply in whatever shade they could find. The few spellcasters who could cast Create Water could not make enough to satisfy every need. Only nightfall gave some relief.

Under the pressure of Sunny’s relentless optimism at trying to turn the Savage Kraken into an oared ship, the crew grew surly at the work demanded of them. As the humidity continued, they started to look at her with something like hatred.
The ships officers confronted Sunny to stop her, firmly pointing out to the partners that the ships freeboard was too high for it to be more efficient than rowing with the ships boats, too many of the essential spars and timbers would be sacrificed, and that when the wind eventually picked up again the modifications would surely sink the ship.
(Also, both ships are Caravels; so one towing the other is just as undesirable.)


Days passed...

Under the heat and humidity, morale flagged. Only the make work of the crew rowing the small boats towing the ships gave any sense of accomplishment. The passengers and crew grew short tempered. They started looking for excuses to fight, even as the heat robbed them of the energy to do so.

Then on day 22...
Something was different this morning. You aren't sure what it is.

Knowledge:Nature DC16:
The sky is red this morning; that usually means a blow is coming. The sails need to come down before it hits.

Druids:
There is a major storm coming. Within the hour!
You are a little shocked something like this Typhoon is blowing up so quickly; usually you have a day or two warning.


Island Elf(link)
Fighter/Monk:
Fighter1/Monk4/Ninja4|HP21/62|Perc+10|AC18(20)T13)15)FF15(17)|CMB+8;CMD22|F +7R+11W+5(+2Vs Enchantments)|Init+4|Move40ft/Swim30ft

It were jus' an idea. If'n tha' ships won't be able ta' have sweeps/do it, Suny's skills should be enough for her to know such.


Half Fiend Half Elf Druid 6| HP 46/71| AC 22 (25), FF 19 (22), Touch 14| Fo +9 Re +5 Wi +10| Init +3| Percep +21

All of a sudden, Bryson begins yelling at the lounging sailors. His wings are spread and in his excitement, steam is coming out his mouth and eyes. "Geddup ya s!++e stains! Stop yer lazing 'bout! A storm is coming! A typhoon and it ain't natur'l! Battin the sails and heave the hatches or whatever, but git it done!" Even after all this time aboard the ship he doesn't know the terms. "An' you best hur'rup! This storms gonna make the doldrums seem like ya lover's embrace!"

Eventually, another officer, one who knows what they're doing come's to him. He screams that a storm is coming until they take over commanding the sailors. Once that happens, Bryson will go over to the Nixie to make sure that Kaskus is aware of the danger. After that, he spends time at the bow "It's a comin. It's a comin." He repeats.


Island Elf(link)
Fighter/Monk:
Fighter1/Monk4/Ninja4|HP21/62|Perc+10|AC18(20)T13)15)FF15(17)|CMB+8;CMD22|F +7R+11W+5(+2Vs Enchantments)|Init+4|Move40ft/Swim30ft

At Bryson's call Suny stands alert for a moment then begins chouting instructions to those crew about her on the Savage Kraken. Becoming even more active than usual as she tries to motivate crew to prepare for the comming storm.

Profession(Captain):1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12,
Profession(sailor):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8,
Diplomacy:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21,
Intimidate:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21,

Even moving high up into the rigging to innitially help reef and trim sails.

Climb:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15,
Acrobatics:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26(+14 to jump),

Once the sheets are being taken into order she slips down a line and moves to check on things within the hull.

Knowledge(engineering):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22,
Craft(carpentry):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18,

Making sure ship hull timbers are as strong etc as ppossible and cagro and ballast are tied/chained down as tight as can be Suny returns top side and stands on the aft-castle watching/encouraging the crew about their tasks.

Appraise:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24,
Perception:1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23,
Sense Motive:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14,

Diplomacy:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15,
Intimidate:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18,

Even as she thinks about where they are in the world and what they might run into when the coming storm runs over them.

Knowledge(geography):1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5,
Knowledge(local):1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21,
Survival:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15,


Oops, sorry Sunny, it looked like you were just doing that instead of theorizing. I am retconning the crew penalty.

With Bryson's warning, Sunny and the officers start the crew into moving. They get the passengers below, batten down the hatches, secure whatever equipment was sprawling on the deck and started reefing the sails like mad.

When Bryson flew over to the Nixie, Kaskus is equally stunned at the news, but the darkening of that entire side of the horizon removes all doubt and he starts Lavinia and her crew to frantically make preparations as well.

Inside the darkened horizon, lightning flashed. A gentle breeze started, bringing welcome cooling temperatures, then a wind that started the water chopping, then the howling winds of a Typhoon hit and the water started heaving in monstrous swells with foaming spray whipped up by the wind blasting sideways into your faces making it difficult to see.


Whoever is at the wheel can make a Profession:Sailor check to see how well he handles the ship in the storm.
For each other player, there is one sail still unreefed and in danger of allowing the ship to blow over if the player at the wheel makes a mistake.
1: If you want to play it safe and simply cut the sail free, make an attack roll with any bladed instrument.
2: If you want to save the sail and reef it, make a Profession:Sailor roll.


Male Human Wizard 6

Marius had taken the earlier warning about a possible storm to heart, and had made some adjustments to his spells as a consequence. For now, he made sure he was securely fastened, out of the crew's way, and ready to help out by animating any ropes as directed.

1,701 to 1,750 of 1,768 << first < prev | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM-Camris' Savage Tide All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.