Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

DM-Camris' Carrion Crown Chapter 1 - The Haunting of Harrowstone

Game Master Camris

I have devoted many of my studies to all manner of evil, that I might know the enemy and inform those better positioned to stand against it.

from the Last Will and Testament of Petros Lorrimor


401 to 450 of 1,045 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

f witch 2

Diplomacy 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Good everyone, help each other out and get out. where is that water?
looking around trying to make sure the people are getting out, and stands on one of the benches trying to make it easier for people to move out.

can the people go over the benches to move?


Male Half-Elf Ranger (skirmisher) 2

Merenso thinks about shooting the creature, but estimates his chances as too low in this chaos.
He shouts: "We need to put down the fire near the door, so that people can use the other exit! I'll drag this guy closer."
He drags the injured man further away from the flaming parts of the building. To T16, or to Q16 if double move is permitted. He will then pass the man over to the people who make their way out.


Female Aasimar Summoner 3

Domminia escorts the councillor to space P15 and scurries as fast as she can around the right outside aisle row T taking a quick right hand turn at T19 to put out the fire at P19. CMB 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3 If I cannot get that far in this turn, She will do this:
She will take the councillor to P15, and make her way around the outside as far as she can get and yell:
Don't panic! Stay in an orderly fashion, help is on the way

Diplomacy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Theodoric continues to put out the flames near him. G20

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 with that roll maybe he should get two put out :)

He puts out the fire in that space and says "Me seems to have this infernal substances under control, everyone please be careful!"


Dhampir Inquisitor 2

Heeding Merenso, Fengrig gives up on the fire he was fighting and makes for the flames blocking the right-side access to the door

Double move action to T19


ROUND 3_____________________

ysabot vas(f witch 1)
________________________________________
"Good everyone, help each other out and get out. where is that water?"
looking around trying to make sure the people are getting out, and stands on one of the benches trying to make it easier for people to move out.
Ysabot continues to control the crowd, getting them to move in an orderly fashion and preventing panic in her zone of influence.
Q: can the people go over the benches to move?
A: They can and do, though it costs them much movement to do so.

Merenso Kull(Male Half-Elf Ranger (skirmisher) 1)
________________________________________
Merenso thinks about shooting the creature, but estimates his chances as too low in this chaos.
He shouts: "We need to put down the fire near the door, so that people can use the other exit! I'll drag this guy closer."
He drags the injured man further away from the flaming parts of the building. He will then pass the man over to the people who make their way out.
The man Merenso collars to help the wounded looks at him wildly, breaks free and runs off.

Domminia Vorsaife(Female Aasimar Summoner 1)
________________________________________
She will take the councillor (who is unconscious and horribly wounded, so this is all she can do this round.) to P15:
“Don't panic! Stay in an orderly fashion, help is on the way “ she calls out, and the people around her remain calm and orderly.

Theodoric
________________________________________
Theodoric continues to put out the flames near him. G20
With heroic effort, he puts out two squares of fire.
He puts out the fire in that space and says "Me seems to have this infernal substances under control, everyone please be careful!"

Fengrig Salant(Dhampir Inquisitor 1)
________________________________________
Heeding Merenso, Fengrig gives up on the fire he was fighting and makes for the flames blocking the right-side access to the door

[npc]Ereviss and Kendra continue to beat out the flames near the podium.
_____________________________________
The fires near the front door spread closer, now the villagers are shrinking from the flames, reducing the exit to single file now.
And as if this weren’t enough, a flaming skull, howling like a banshee screams down from the smoke filled rafters to attack Ysabot.
Slam attack vs Ysabot: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 Miss!
At the same time, another screaming flaming skull swoops down to attack Domminia as well.
Slam attack vs Domminia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Miss!

The screaming of the flaming skulls threaten to turn the villigers into a panicy mob.
It will be harder to control the crowd next round.


ROUND 4__________

>CLICK< for the Tactical situation.

You may act in order of posting.


Female Aasimar Summoner 3

Domminia hands the councillor off to the man at O18, "Can you take this man, please?" she then tries to put out the fire at P19 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Domminia, the DC for that is 10 points higher while the burning skull in the square next to you is trying to hit and set you on fire.


f witch 2

Ignoring the skull that missed her Ysabot trys to get more people out diplomacy : 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Quick get out before more monsters show up in here.

if that is not possible to do with the skull there then ysabot attacks the skull with her claws.

to hit: 1d20 ⇒ 12
damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3
and more then likely misses, if this action has to happen.


Female Aasimar Summoner 3

Scratch that idea :) She attacks the skull with her spear 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

"Hey Kendra and Ereviss, can I get a little help over here!"


Dhampir Inquisitor 2

Fengrig skids to a halt as the burning skull swoops down on Ysabot. He unholsters his crossbow as he moves out of the aisle move to R18 and fires at the creature. Attack roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Theodoric tries to coerce people to leave. Intimidate: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 "Go to the door, single file and be careful!"


Male Half-Elf Ranger (skirmisher) 2

Out of immediate danger, Merenso is finally able to shoot the flaming skull which threatens Ysabot:
Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


ROUND 4__________

ysabot vas(f witch 1)

Ysabot tries to control the crowd, but the screaming burning skull buzzing about her makes it nearly impossible. Frustrated, she slashes at it with her claws, but it evades.

Domminia Vorsaife(Female Aasimar Summoner 1)

Domminia thrusts her spear at the screaming skull, but cannot connect with it.
"Hey Kendra and Ereviss, can I get a little help over here!"

Fengrig Salant(Dhampir Inquisitor 1)

Fengrig skids to a halt as the burning skull swoops down on Ysabot. He unholsters his crossbow as he moves out of the aisle and fires at the creature. But misses.

Theodoric

Theodoric tries to coerce people to leave. "Go to the door, single file and be careful!"
Theodoric’s commanding presence controls the crowd around him, and they go in an orderly fashion that was threatened by the screaming skulls.

Merenso Kull(Male Half-Elf Ranger (skirmisher) 1)
________________________________________
Out of immediate danger, Merenso is finally able to shoot the flaming skull which threatens Ysabot:
His shot hits the skull, causing considerable damage and spinning it around.

[npc] Ereviss, seeing the skulls attacking, quickly rushes to Domminia aid. Closing in, he flips a dagger out and throws it at the skull.
Thrown dagger attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Miss!

[npc] Kendra moves to a clear line of sight, mumbles something arcane, then throws a glowing bluish glob at the skull attacking Domminia.
Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14 Hit! Dealing 1d3 ⇒ 3 acid damage.

Xiuj forces his way up the traffic stream to try to put out a fire square threatening to block the door. 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

_____________________________________

The flaming skulls continue to howl like banshees.
The one who attacked Ysabot last round turns to Merenso's greater threat.
Slam attack vs Merenso: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21 Hit! Dealing 1d2 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1 slam damage plus 1d6 ⇒ 5 fire damage.
.. Crit confirm? 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 No.
The other screaming flaming skull swoops down to attack Domminia again.
Slam attack vs Domminia: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 Miss!


ROUND 5_____________________________

>CLICK< for the Tactical situation.

You may act in order of posting.


Circle around the skull (to R10).
Flank attack skull with blunt swordcane.
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 61d6 ⇒ 5
"Get these skulls."


f witch 2

Move the people
diplomacy: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Come on people your almost all out go for it


Theodoric tries to control the crowd to get them to leave intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

"Hop Hop, lets get out of here!"


Female Aasimar Summoner 3

Domminia attacks the skull with her spear 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 damage 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5 and she pokes it good.


Erevis' powerful swing misses wide.
But Domminia's thrust takes the skull through the eyesocket, and it shrieks as it bursts like a ripe pumpkin, showering the square in reddish ectoplasm.


Male Half-Elf Ranger (skirmisher) 2

"OUCH!"
Merenso jumps away, rubbing the burnt skin, and fires another shot.
HP10/16, 5ft. step to T15
Atk: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Dmg: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Dhampir Inquisitor 2

With a gesture and murmured prayer, Fengrig projects a shimmering bolt at the flaming skull.

Casts disrupt undead against the flaming skull in R16

Ranged touch attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4


As Merenso's bow slips, his arrow slides out of his fingers and drops to the ground before he could fire it.
Fengrig's shimmering bolt connects with the last skull, and it bursts in a shower of ectoplasm.

The sudden lack of screaming is a blessing. Without the distraction of dodging skulls, you are all able to shepherd the remaining villagers outside.
And with the Sherrif establishing bucket brigades, you are actually able to save most of the building after an hour of concentrated and exhausting labor.

Congratulations! You have attained Character Level 2!


f witch 2

@dm so did we have anyone die on us at all? and what do we do next...

Well is everyone ok? does anyone have any injury's? going around making heal checks to make sure all the people are as good as i can make them with out a spell.


Dhampir Inquisitor 2

"I'm fine," Fengrig replies as he wipes the ectoplasm off his shoulders. The viscous goo comes off, but sticks to his fingers. He shakes and whips his hand around, but the slime appears to adhere better to his skin than to his clothes.

He brings the stuff up to examine it more closely; he even smells it.

Knowledge(Religion) check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Half-Elf Ranger (skirmisher) 2

Merenso approaches the Sheriff. "Look, I think this counts as a pretty good alibi for us and a sure sign that something supernatural is afoul. I'll go round the building to try and see if whoever let those burning skulls at us left any tracks. If you can spare someone to aid me, I'd appreciate the help."
Merenso then circles the building, trying to find any clues of the arsonist.
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Before Morenso departs, Ereviss gives a short inspirational speech (about 18 seconds) as he reads from what looks to be a journal he has been keeping with everyones name listed under 'Dramatis Persona' on the opening pages of a Play:"We need to pull together and help find the source of this evil. Harrowstone the prison is looking more and more like the destination all paths of inquiry lead to."
After the speech a strange magic lingers in the air.
The speech grants the following benefits:
All allies within 30 feet gain a +1 bonus on Initiative checks, Perception, and Disable Device checks for 1 hour. They also gain a +1 insight bonus to Reflex saves and to AC against traps when they are
flat-footed.

Inspired by his own speech, Ereviss finds himself alert as he looks for clues about the magical flaming skeletal skull attack.
Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23


Several people were hurt, some badly by the fire. There was only the one fatality; the councillor who was overcome by the fire near the podium. But for the efforts of Ysabot and the rest who used their power to guide the crowd, it would have been much, much worse.

When Fengring examines the slime left behind by the Flaming Skulls, it evaporates over the course of a minute leaving nothing behind. You are pretty sure it is ectoplasm; a materiel used by spirits taken form on the ethereal plane.

Merenso and Ereviss, conducting an investigation assissted by the sherrif, come to the conclusion that the skulls sparked the lamps into exploding and spreading the fire by their supernatural influence. This particular species is known for doing just that; spreading panic by screaming and causing more fatalities when people are trampled or prevented from escaping.


There is a great deal of muttering and talking amongst the villagers at Ereviss' speach, Kendra among them waiving her arms in a vehement manner.
Several long minutes later, Councillor Heathmount approaches (somewhat propelled by Kendra). He strikes an official pose in front of you, somwhat spoiled by the soot staining his face.
"Yes, well. As we have all seen, there have been increasingly disturbing incidents in the town of Ravengro. Increasingly violent spirits, the dead rising from the grave, blood spattered across walls, and now our town hall set afire!"
"Now, it has been asserted that the late Professor Lorrimor had something to do with the recent surge in ghostly activity..."
There is a shout of assent, and the brandishing of torches and pitchforks. Other voices are raised in opposition. Kendra glares into his back as if to set him on fire herself.
Heathmount raises his hands for silence.
"... but it has been pointed out that there has been no change in the hauntings with the Professor's death, which would be the case if he were involved."
He pauses, licking his lips.
"The town... we need help. It is clear from your actions to preserve our lives that you are the kind of heroes that we need. As senior Councillor of the Township of Ravensgro, I offer you all nearly fifty..." He grunts as Kendra gives him a sharp elbow. "One Hundred crowns to investigate and stop the hauntings that plague our fair town."
A number of boos are heard, quickly shouted down.


Male Half-Elf Ranger (skirmisher) 2

Merenso exchanges looks with the others nearby.
A hundred each or total?, he whispers in confusion.


Kendra Elbows Heathmount again.
"Each." He mumbles painfully.


"Let's ask for some holy water from the church and go to the prison tomorrow."


Female Aasimar Summoner 3

I thought I saved the councillor

I concur!


f witch 2

I think we should gather up some more supply's then just holy water, anyone have some ideas on what we should gather up?


Dhampir Inquisitor 2

Fengrig wipes one hand against another to rid them of the tacky feeling left behind from the evaporated ectoplasm.

"Fire usually works pretty well against corporeal undead," he offers. "Maybe we should pick up some alchemist's fire?"


"Holy water doesn't usually hurt your friends; if they are hurt by it, they may be bad friends."


Female Aasimar Summoner 3

"Can we speak to the warden and maybe get a map of the prison or even bring him along to show us the way or at the very least he could give us keys, too?


Male Half-Elf Ranger (skirmisher) 2

Incidentally I think Fengrig/Jevalt may be hurt by holy water. Bless water spell text says that it is prepared by infusing water with positive energy. Dhampirs react to positive energy as undead. I think the same applies to CLW and such.
Merenso coughs in a peculiar way. "Getting anything from the local church might be a long shot after that incident in the crypt... Perhaps we could somehow arrange it to be procured for us discreetly?"


I assume that you've been huddled up discussing the offer while Councillor Heathmount stands there fidgiting and the villagers look on with hope. Are you going to make an official statement to accept or pass?
1. Getting Holy Water may be tricky since you've kind of offended Father Grimburrow; though his acolyte owes you big. Brush up on your diplomacy.
2. As far as equipment, Xiuj will remind people (insultingly) that Professor Lorrimor had found a stash with some special supplies the chuch of Pharasma had hidden ages ago, and that you had recovered them and have them back at the house.
3. The Warden is 50 years dead, as well as all but a handfull of guards in a mysterious fire that left the prison Harrowstone abandoned since then.
4. A map of the prison? Well there are a couple of places in town that might have records along that line. That will require some time researching the info.


Female Aasimar Summoner 3

Is there a town hall or a library?


Ereviss leads a fact finding mission to town records.

Gather Info/Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

"We were glad to save the town hall. Would there be any records of Harrowstone we could have access to?"


f witch 2

Yes it would be best to get some information about that place, even if it is old and the fire changed some of how it is now. better to have some information then no information.


Female Aasimar Summoner 3

I think that would be best before we head off there

Assist Diplomacy 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


When you start asking around research Harrowstone, Kendra is able to suggest four place you could look.
The Lorrimor Place: Kendra offers to let you use her father’s personal library to research, free of charge.
Ravengro Town Hall: Normally, you would not be allowed access to the records as outsiders, but now the council is falling all over themselves to accomodate your requests.
Temple of Pharasma: The temple of Pharasma has extensive notes on the town’s history, and is perhaps the best site for research; but securing permission to use this site for research requires a DC 25 Diplomacy check.
The Unfurling Scroll: This building is a combination schoolhouse and magic item shop run by one Alendru Ghoroven; using its small library provides a +2 bonus on all Knowledge checks made to research Harrowstone.
Alendru asks for a 10 gp payment for each day that he allows anyone to use his school’s resources.


Male Half-Elf Ranger (skirmisher) 2

"I disagree Ysabot. It is better to head into the unknown, preparing for the worst, than to be lulled by a false sense of security. I could tell you a story from that one time I went to hunt a supposed old bear which actually turned out to be an Owlbear, but perhaps it's a tale best left for less stressful times.
Anyway, if the fire took place 50 years ago, could it be that some of the witnesses are still alive? If we talk to them, we could learn some insights that no amount of library research could get us."


Female Aasimar Summoner 3

However the floor plan would still be the floor plan, which would be nice to know all the same.


Dhampir Inquisitor 2

"Kendra, did the Professor have any notes or documents concerning Harrowstone?"


Ereviss leads a group to the town hall, maybe the very building we recently saved from burning.


f witch 2

Hmm if we split up to do the research it should go by faster, how about we go into two or three groups, and after each day we tell the others what we find. How does that sound?

401 to 450 of 1,045 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carrion Crown Chapter 1 - The Haunting of Harrowstone All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.